Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: A Tale of Two Accidents

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

It actually does snow here, in the higher elevations. It depends how far up Erica's son lives. He's a cop, but I don't know if he's LAPD. Although that wouldn't stop him from living outside of LA. There's a fire captain in the LAFD who's now famous for an anti-vax rant who lives in Texas, but is employed by LA. 

I'd love to know how he manages that!

But, sure, it snows in the foothills. It's not uncommon in some of the cooler months to see the weather people talking about snow at 2,000-4,000 feet when we have rain down here in the flats.

Wonder if he commutes from somewhere like Lancaster/Palmdale. When I lived there, many years ago, we'd sometimes get some snow. So many of my friends, at the time, would do that commute every day, yuck.

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Just checked out Dorit’s wedding gown website, where the “Angel” dress is described as follows:

“Our design showcases our traditional glass corset which accentuates the hourglass figure. this beautiful gown is custom made to measure, dripping in french beaded lace and a lavish decedent finish.”

Gee, do you think she meant “decadent”?  Or is there really a lavish DEAD PERSON finish on the dress?  Sheesh!

A "glass corset"??? 

I am hoping her brides don't drive off cliffs on the way to their ceremony otherwise the glass shards will surely kill them...

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

https://twitter.com/Bethenny/status/1438616771678949384

Bethenny has a good rapport with Erika and respects her work ethic.

What work ethic?  The twat has to show up so her broke ass will get paid 😂

1 minute ago, FlyingEgret said:

A "glass corset"??? 

I am hoping her brides don't drive off cliffs on the way to their ceremony otherwise the glass shards will surely kill them...

And avoid those deadly Pasadena switchback roads at all cost.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Mar said:

I call bulls@@t on this.  B always needs to insert herself and be the know-it-all.

let’s start with the elephant in the room — the very idea that “it was known - among the “best of the best””.  Honey, Personal injury plaintiff lawyers, no matter how much money they make (and some make mega-bucks) are NOT considered the “best of the best” in the legal community.  Folks at white shoe corporate firms likely never heard of Girardi.  Nor are the folks who are involved in “litigation funding” (loaning money to lawyers and plaintiffs on the bet that the PI case will result in a  big payoff) particularly well respected.  Those guys are sucking the life out of many people who have been injured.

and while Girardi may have borrowed money from Shields’ company, I’m pretty sure there were confidentiality clauses in those agreements , such that if he gave this information to B, he was violating a contract.  Not smart.  And $500k may be a lot to us, it’s not a lot in the realm of Girardi’s world.

And, if “everyone knew” no firm would have agreed to become co-counsel or local counsel to the firm.  I am, though, shocked to learn that  CA ethical rules do not require that an attorney who has knowledge of ethical lapses by another attorney report that attorney to the bar for disciplinary action.

Edited by Mrs peel
Payoff and layoff are not the same thing!
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Mar said:

Is it mean of me to wish she had taken a big tumble down the stairs? Probably…

4DFAF20C-20CC-4E75-9028-C8867B18D2EF.thumb.jpeg.885b8d37bfda2505d7053cefa859f6a0.jpeg

Is it more mean of me to have wished that happened, but then, she laid there for, oh say, 12 hours, then, she finally found her cell phone and called Erika for help?  

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Mar said:

You know what hurt my heart, Rinna? What you did to Denise last year.

81396432-822E-4EC2-8A40-9C8420193F1A.jpeg

I think they get the episodes before they air. I hope so. Erika needs to know her so called friends aren’t buying her absurd stories, and that two faced shit stirrer Kyle is laughing at her. Kyle has actually surpassed Rhinna at stirring the pot.

• Love 11

Watched the episode tonight, and everyone here described the show in such a great way!  A couple of other observances:

Rinna, when speaking about Dorit's wedding dresses and if she would want to ever wear one - "No, I don't plan on getting married again, or even doing a VOWEL renewal".  Is she planning on appearing on "Wheel of Fortune" and asking Pat Sajak to buy a vowel after Vanna already flipped the letter panels?  It's "vow" you dimwit!!!  

Rinna, Erika, Kathy and her walker architect were all conveniently left at the table when the other women gathered around that rented high-top cocktail table during the scene were Kyle stirred the pot with Garcelle and Dorit and the other men went outside to talk about PK's bankruptcy.  Do you think that Rinna will again ask Dorit if everyone left her at the table to go snort cocaine in her bathroom?  

Rinna seems to be really liking the high ponytail look - do you think she is paying homage to Denise, who also liked to wear a high pony? (facetiously speaking here)  Or, is she trying to channel Barbara Eden as "I Dream of Jeannie"??  And....why does she need to give a name to her stupid hair extensions and wigs - because Erika does the same?  

I still cannot figure out if it is too hot or too cold at these parties.  Half the women keep their coats/stoles/jackets on (Garcelle, Rinna) while some of the others have their breasts nearly exposed (Dorit, Erika).  What is the deal with keeping on your coat/jacket while inside?  

I've been disappointed in Kyle this season, but tonight especially, because she really tried to throw Garcelle under the bus by bringing up Garcelle's interview with Mario Lopez.  Up until then, it had been a pleasant evening with no drama - even the three words Erika and Sutton spoke to each other were civil - I guess we couldn't have ONE night of fun with the entire group.

Kathy with her non-recognition of Bernie Sanders?  I'm calling bullshit on that one, or else, Kathy is completely oblivious of what is going on in the world.  Does she not watch TV or any social media of any kind?  I grew tired of that meme one day after the inauguration - I must have seen it over 1,000 times!  

The dinner with Kyle, Mauricio, Dorit and PK was probably the best scene of the ENTIRE season.  I think they were all high!  I would love to see what else was filmed - I'm sure there were a lot more laughs and jokes at Erika's expense.  Kyle covering her face with her hands was either to hide the fact that she was laughing just as hard as the others, or she was freaked out because she knew that she would be the next to face Erika's wrath once Erika saw that scene. 

Kyle trying to be all diplomatic in her talking head - "The stories are becoming so unbelievable, but I do believe Erika - it's just that the story is unbelievable." - So, the story is unbelievable, the story-teller isn't?  What kind of crazy logic is that?  

Lastly, Phoenix was absolutely adorable in her little flower girl dress.  So sweet!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, abc123 said:

I did have a hard time suspending my disbelief at the fact that Kyle hadn’t already told Mauricio the ridiculous story from Erika. 

I'm sure she told him, but he's so high all the time he's starting to forget what's been said. He also may have thought it was a hallucination. Which it is, because it's Erika and her BS.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did anyone notice at one point when Erika was prattling on, she said, “… he said- -“

She stopped when she realized, “Wait, it’s not supposed to sound like he talks to me.”

I noticed it

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

What work ethic?  The twat has to show up so her broke ass will get paid 😂

And avoid those deadly Pasadena switchback roads at all cost.  

I'd never heard of 'switchback roads' before (being a non-native English speaker), but now I know about them and they terrify me! I think they are the most terrifying thing in the English language! I'll never visit Pasadena, that's for sure!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Wonder if he commutes from somewhere like Lancaster/Palmdale. When I lived there, many years ago, we'd sometimes get some snow. So many of my friends, at the time, would do that commute every day, yuck.

So you must know a lot of folks who've rolled their cars 5 times too, right?!? 🤣

Erika is bat.shit.crazy. It's like she's trying to get called out as a liar but those bitches just won't do it. I wouldn't bat a lash if next episode she says, 'Oh I just found out that Tom was attacked by a mountain lion, and my son went over to check on him and he was eaten by wolves' *insert droll should shrug & eye roll here*

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6

I laughed all the way through Erika's latest pity party. She can't string a tale to save her life. Two cars flew off cliffs now. She never said where her son lives, just somewhere farther north of Eternal Sunshine. Didn't she say years ago that her son lived out east and she rarely saw him? She's never mentioned him since going apeshit on Eileen until now. Convenient.

Tom had an encounter with a burglar who somehow aggravated his glaucoma from stress, but apparently didn't lay hands on him. "But I don't really know" escapes her lying lips just about every other sentence. Apparently she forgot to memorize her latest "poor me" story. 

I loved the appendix on her earlier story that she wouldn't let the surgeons operate on Tom's brain.

PK and Mauricio picked up on this nonsense immediately. Their unfortunate wives are hard pressed to keep riding for Erika, but they do their best to ignore enough big red flags to hail an aircraft carrier.  "This story sounds unbelievable. Do I not believe Erika? Of course not!"

The mean girls were all over the place tonight.

Kathy was wise not to listen to the crazy talk. "See with your third eye, it's right here." OK.

Just another night in LaLa Land!

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

IRC, Erika said her son is LAPD.

Yes — the son who is never to be mentioned by anyone. We don’t talk about him, remember, or Erika will go ballistic. 

I hope he’s never told anybody who his mother is. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I totally agree with this. Garcelle and Sutton deserve much better than these harpies. 

I think Sutton was pretty nice to Denise last season or at least not in on the gang up. She was just a Friend Of but I don’t think she’d have gone along anyway. She believes her over Brandi. https://www.realitytea.com/2020/08/17/sutton-stracke-believes-denise-richards/

Seems she had some of them pegged even last year. So I’d definitely watch a show with the three of them and someone like Ali Landry. Since Sutton was introduced as a friend of Lisa’s but we never see friendly interactions, I wonder if Sutton’s experience with what she witnessed and with her growing friendship with garcelle played a role there. 

and Andy likes conflict over anything heartwarming but I’d love a Garcelle/Sutton retrospective. I don’t know if we’ve ever seen a genuine friendship grow in real time on the show. (Lisa V and Joyce are really close but it mostly happened after Joyce left.) They’re so different on the face of things. Sutton is a white woman from (Small Town) Georgia who settled into marriage and kind of lost herself and can be a bit awkward and anxious.  Garcelle was born in Haiti and made it in the tough world of modeling and acting and has been steadily employed for three decades with both the tough skin and poise that comes from both fields. They both went through divorces which shook them and both have three children. I’d love to know more about how they bonded, etc. I remember one of their early scenes. Just the two of them in a restaurant chatting. Sutton was kind of awkward but there seemed a spark that boded well for a future friendship. 

Edited by lawrbk
  • Love 23
15 hours ago, dmeets said:

It's actually comical how every time Erika relays her life to the women, she has to tack on at least a half dozen "oh but then"s to maximize the drama.

"He got in an accident. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Oh but then he was unconscious for 12 hours. Oh but then I was the one who found him. Oh but then he's been in cognitive decline ever since. Oh but then he's been cheating all along."

"Burglars broke into Tom's house. Oh but then he fought them off. Oh but then he has glaucoma. Oh but then the stress triggered something with his brain and he needed to go to the hospital. Oh but then my son was the only person nearby who could check on him. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Someone called me at 3, oh but I didn't hear about it until 6."

Then cue shocked faces from Kyle and Door-it.

It's just so blatant that it's bullshit. How does the same woman who flew off the handle at a figure of speech about her son, react to an actual supposed near-death experience he had with a "guuurl you don't even realize the week I've had. S'cool though."

Lexipro

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did anyone notice at one point when Erika was prattling on, she said, “… he said- -“

She stopped when she realized, “Wait, it’s not supposed to sound like he talks to me.”

6 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I noticed it

So did I - in fact, I think Erika slipped like that at least twice in the story-telling.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I will re-watch later today-I was distracted the other night, but I am pretty sure that isn't why the car rolling story sounded batshit crazy.

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t believe Sutton called Erika a liar.

Why? She is a liar. 

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Sooo, Erika is about the same age as me so she grew up watching the same 80s movies as me.  So how does she not understand that if:

*Estranged husband's home is broken into

*Husband confronts intruder

*Intruder says BOO causing Husband's eyeball to fall out

*Intruder POOF disappears

*Son goes to help Husband with eyeball

*Son is caught in freakish snow storm in SoCal.

*Son is in horrific accident, but also unscathed.

GIRL!  YOUR MONEY IS CURSED!  GIVE IT BACK!

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Glama said:

I'd never heard of 'switchback roads' before (being a non-native English speaker), but now I know about them and they terrify me! I think they are the most terrifying thing in the English language! I'll never visit Pasadena, that's for sure!

I don't know what switch back road  is either and I am from here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

https://twitter.com/Bethenny/status/1438616771678949384

Bethenny has a good rapport with Erika and respects her work ethic.

I distinctly remember Bethenny’s attitude toward Erika when the BH howives went to the Hamptons. She was less than impressed with Ms. Girardi, and frankly, I thought Erika embarrassed herself at that dinner. True, that’s been years ago, and maybe they’re friends now. But B sure has an interesting concept of “work ethic,” speaking about a woman whose career in large part was built on the suffering of widows, orphans, and burn victims.

• Love 13

Erika's pony tail on a ring looks like she stole the extension sample holder from Sally's.  

Erika is terrible at lying on the fly. She's like the person calling in sick to work that feels they need to make it extreme...I caught a cold, tripped down the stairs in a nyquil haze, broke my arm, then got hit by a bus crossing the street to the clinic....but I'll be all healed and back to work tomorrow. A smart liar would keep it simple...I don't feel well today.

PK baybeee and stoner mo had me rolling. Save the ankle! So what if tom is brain damaged. He can still fucking WALK!! And doddering around confused is way better than being coherent but having to use a walker. 

Harry Hams doesn't seem to appreciate the other guys sarcasm. He is a kind giver of sauce and cooker of meats who leaves the snarky backstabbing to the Lips that bind him.

Lips was sitting next to Erika, but she was frothing at the mouth to know what the other ladies were saying. Its a dilemma when your fake loyal to one person, but the other people you don't care about are saying shit you wanna hear.

Doritos dresses brought about a slew of insincere compliments. All around the world top designers breathed a sigh of relief they won't be edged out by this new competition. The CEO at TJMaxx informed his staff they'd have a bridal gown section next year.

Lil Kathy shows us how cute she is in a roll around with Lil Dog scene. Next we see her play dumb in her signature dead pan style. For her big finally, Lil Kathy nibbles on the good food and wonders if mo brought any blueberries...a comedy show is so much more fun with a buzz.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Lips was sitting next to Erika, but she was frothing at the mouth to know what the other ladies were saying. Its a dilemma when your fake loyal to one person, but the other people you don't care about are saying shit you wanna hear.

Doritos dresses brought about a slew of insincere compliments. All around the world top designers breathed a sigh of relief they won't be edged out by this new competition. The CEO at TJMaxx informed his staff they'd have a bridal gown section next year.

Lil Kathy shows us how cute she is in a roll around with Lil Dog scene. Next we see her play dumb in her signature dead pan style. For her big finally, Lil Kathy nibbles on the good food and wonders if mo brought any blueberries...a comedy show is so much more fun with a buzz.

Rinna looked downright predatory in that scene. Like she was just salivating over watching the others fight.

Dorit reminds me of Alexis Bellino on OC with her fashion line that somebody else did 99.9% of the work on. These are hobbies — not careers. I had no idea that Dorit had branched out from swimwear.

Kathy and the dog. Hell, any dog lover gets a 👍 from me.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, dmeets said:

It's actually comical how every time Erika relays her life to the women, she has to tack on at least a half dozen "oh but then"s to maximize the drama.

Is this a new legal dodge she’s trying out? Because she sure as hell doesn’t sound “in compos mentis” to me,

In addition to her many pathological charms, I think we can add compulsive liar. It's the only scenario that makes sense.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 9

I know what I'm tired of, is Lisa Rinna's obsession with Harry Hamlin.  Harry Hamlin this, Harry Hamlin that.  It seems every episode she lets us know how unworthy is she is to be married to god-like Harry Hamlin.  I think Harry Hamlin is a good guy, but he's not all that.  She saved him for a surprise for everyone, like the whole table was going to give him a standing ovation (although they did clap) that Harry Hamlin was in the room.  Shut up Lisa Rinna and quit riding on Harry Hamlin's coattails.  Enough already.

• Love 22
38 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Guys, I'm going to be in Pasadena this time next week. Thank God I have tire chains. I may need them for Phoenix, too, which is where we're headed after Pasadena. 

I was really hoping for a Pasadena mudslide story. 

I don’t think you should go to Pasadena! It’s too dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

I know what I'm tired of, is Lisa Rinna's obsession with Harry Hamlin.  Harry Hamlin this, Harry Hamlin that.  It seems every episode she lets us know how unworthy is she is to be married to god-like Harry Hamlin.  I think Harry Hamlin is a good guy, but he's not all that.  She saved him for a surprise for everyone, like the whole table was going to give him a standing ovation (although they did clap) that Harry Hamlin was in the room.  Shut up Lisa Rinna and quit riding on Harry Hamlin's coattails.  Enough already.

What grates on me is that she always refers to him as “Harry Hamlin.” Rarely just “Harry.” We know who he is, Rinna, we know he’s attractive for someone his age, and we know he belongs to you, so stop marking your territory. It sounds to me like she’s not all that secure in her marriage, or she just likes the way the alliteration sounds. Whatever. Just. stop. it.

She has to be absolutely exhausting to live with, which is probably why he books it to Canada (with his pup tent) whenever he gets the chance.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I don’t think you should go to Pasadena! It’s too dangerous. 

I've been to Pasadena and it is lovely, did not realize the weather could be deadly.

Erika flipped out in Tokyo when her son was brought up, teeth bearing, nasty, crying flip out but now casually mentions her son flipped his car five times, it was such a "meh" moment for her, I find that strange, she should have been more emotional about it to sell that lie convincingly.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

What grates on me is that she always refers to him as “Harry Hamlin.” Rarely just “Harry.” We know who he is, Rinna, we know he’s attractive for someone his age, and we know he belongs to you, so stop marking your territory. It sounds to me like she’s not all that secure in her marriage, or she just likes the way the alliteration sounds. Whatever. Just. stop. it.

She has to be absolutely exhausting to live with, which is probably why he books it to Canada (with his pup tent) whenever he gets the chance.

I don't even think he's attractive for his age!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Remember that scene in which he discusses his divorce and what a nightmare it was? I think he really wants to avoid that experience again, so it’s easier to stay married to Rinna and spend as much time in Canada as possible.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. You should avoid Pasadena at all costs due to heavy, freezing snow, mudslides and tsunamis.

It’s very dangerous! They also have gang violence and purge-style burglars. 

32 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Much as it's harder for me to say something nice about Rinna these days, I think she's trying to play up the Harry Hamlin thing at this point. I think it's funny and also sweet she puts her husband on a pedestal. 

Years ago during her early marriage and then Soap Talk days I thought it was cute because it was said with the WOW and aspirational sweetness of someone who couldn’t believe that this was her life. Wow! I live in Hollywood! I’m married to Harry Hamlin! 

Someone above mentioned Rinna isn’t secure in her marriage. Possibly. But the most important thing is Rinna isn’t secure with herself. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 9/16/2021 at 12:32 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Eh, the difference to me is that LVP was clearly NOT having similar conversations on camera.  Kyle is having them on camera and she's also giving talking heads. I suspect LVP was doing a lot of the same things in terms of stirring the pot, but she was also careful to not do a lot of it on camera, so she always had plausible deniability. While I don't love it when Kyle stirs the pot, I do think that there is a material difference in that viewers CAN see that she's doing it and can make judgments about her. We were often not afforded the same privilege from LVP because she was manipulating stuff off camera.

Have to disagree. For this to be true, I would have to believe Kyle had no idea what Brandi was going to say about Denise last season. Sure. Kim just happened to show up with Brandi, who was sitting in the car waiting. Totally innocent. Oh, and did you know Brandi has dirt on Denise? Oh, the person Kyle hates just happens to be there with dirt on Denise?  Bring her in!

Cue Kyle's shocked pikachu face. Brandi never lies! This must be true!

We also saw Kyle in season 1 showing everyone Camille's past in film (oddly, it wasn't shown in the actual ep). Guess who brought it up at dinner? Not Kyle. Kyle, once again, is shocked! 

Kyle does exactly what she accused LVP of doing. For some reason, like Erika, she gets away with it every season. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
49 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't even think he's attractive for his age!  

I think both Harry Hams and Rinna are obsessed with being thin. He looked really nice all cleaned up and in his suit when he entered Dorit's fake bridal show (with all of 5 dresses) but in regular clothes he's skin and bones, face is sagging and I'm sure the rest of his loose skin is as well. You can really see it on Rinna's stupid IG dance posts when she's dancing around Harry and he's tending to his garden and ignoring her. He has a great head of hair, though. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I hope next season it’s Kyle’s turn to be in the hot seat.  I’m tired of her vileness and hypocrisy. 

Never happen. Just like we won't see anything happen to Erika. 

This season is so frustrating. Apparently, a woman going down on another woman is more offensive than stealing money from victims to fund a vanity project. 

I hate that ratings are up. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Remember that scene in which he discusses his divorce and what a nightmare it was? I think he really wants to avoid that experience again, so it’s easier to stay married to Rinna and spend as much time in Canada as possible.

Probably….plus I’m sure it would be one nasty divorce. Sometimes it’s better to go along to get along (or however that phrase goes). But I’ll be charitable and assume this arrangement is what works for them. Just enough with the “Harry Hamlin”.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

I hate that ratings are up. 

And therein lies the rub...this is what convinces me that Bravo will do everything in their power to bring back Erika.  Not that they give a rat's ass about Erika and her "plight", they only care about the Benjamin's.  That's the way that rolls.

• Love 12