Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Best of Frenemies

• Start Topic

The women of Salt Lake City return and fractured friendships have split the group in two. Caught in the middle, Lisa tries to get Jen and Meredith to make amends. While Heather prepares her daughter for college, Whitney throws a birthday bash for her stepson and Mary starts a podcast. Lisa’s friend of 10 years and new housewife, Jennie is introduced.

Airdate: 09.12.2021

Some salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

Seems like Lisa is the only one on Team Jenn. Whitney getting drunk and dumping the birthday cake three times was kind of funny. Apparently Mary is going to be out more with the other women this season. New Jennie seems ok so far…but it’s still early. 

• Love 16

Is Jennie's oldest son by her husband? Because she said she had been married for 14 years and that boy was 15.  Of course, she & her husband could've had him before they actually married.

Mary's podcast is confusion city. What is it about? Just the thoughts of Mary? That ain't gonna last too long.

I feel like if adult children of the housewives decided to jump into the mix, then they get what they get.  Don't jump in, get smart mouthed, get blasted, then cry "but I'm a child."  Ok, then stay in children's business.

I would say "Mary's husband couldn't rent a car?" but rental cars have been hard to come by and are expensive and it might not be good for an older person to be riding in a car from Florida to Utah unless they had frequent breaks.  Staying 6 months in FL sounds shady to me so he needs to have a good excuse as to why he stayed.

I saw chatter wondering why Jen couldn't remember her oldest son's age but my mother doesn't remember how old I am or my exact birthday either lol.

• Love 14

I love the fresh franchise energy of salt lake city. Sophomore season and things still feel very authentic. This is the only franchise where I truly lie every housewife, and newbie Jennie is still in the mix. I loved hearing her story, and her kids seem like they will be a fun addition to the mix.

I'm really interested to see this shift in groups, and I'm very curious to see where Mary falls within the group this season now that she won't be stuck in her closet. 

I expect Heather to get a lot of backlash for what she said about Jenn's company on watch what happens live last night. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, laprin said:

I found Whitney’s interaction with her stepsons, taking shots while in a bikini, awkward.

Whitney is only 5 years older than her oldest stepson.  They're basically contemporaries.  The person who should get the side eye is Whitney's husband.

42 minutes ago, laprin said:

While I agree that children should be off-limits, when those children inject themselves into the business of the show, this rule no longer applies - especially if the children are grown.

Right, just like when Brielle of RHOA decided to get into the mix by claiming Nene's house had roaches and filmed it.  She was an adult and she should've gotten that smoke.

We don't see Jen going after any of the other children of the show, just the adult one who decided to get into women's business.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Whitney hugging her stepsons in her bikini top THEN putting on her jacket. Side eye.......................

Me too....plus, prancing around in her barely there bottom, too - in front of ALL the kids.  Seriously, that is awkward - seeing your Mom/Stepmom's butt.  She could have worn something with a little more coverage and save the thong-style bottom for when she and her husband are alone.

I will also be fast-forwarding through the upcoming scenes of Whitney and her husband with the spanking.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I said I wasn't going to watch this, but I did because, boredom.

12 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

But honestly, I might hate Mary even more than Jenn. I'd be interested to know who has ruined more lives and taken more money, Jenn or Mary. Here's hoping her downfall is next.

I feel ya...I think I dislike Mary even more.  She's a weird little toad.

12 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Kind of a snoozer, but also watching for both of the Jen and Mary’s well-deserved downfalls.  

Mary gets a downfall?  Hallelujah, praise the Lord. 

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Whitney hugging her stepsons in her bikini top THEN putting on her jacket. Side eye.......................

Omigah, that was so awkward and uncomfortable.  It seemed the stepsons were trying not to look, but I'm sure it was hard because she had them out there for everyone's viewing pleasure.  Okay Whitney, we all know now you have some big knockers, now please put them away because you are trying too hard.

At least the new girl, Jennie, has a very interesting back story.  She knows how tough life can really be, and if I keep watching this mess, I hope she stays likeable.  I thought it was funny when her little girl was talking about being a straight A student, no B's, and said that's why she was Asian, not Basian, while Jennie looked a little taken aback.   Hahahaha, kids say the damndest things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I... I mean, I guess I get it, but I kinda feel like Whitney was dressed for the literal swimming party they were throwing. 

This body discomfort problem is less Whitney's problem and more just American Puritanism, IMO.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 24

OMG!  The season premier did not disappoint!  

I feel like Jenn was trying to rehabilitate her image in her first few scenes with Lisa and then her family.  Well, we all know how that turned out!  Eating some humble pie at the beginning of the season, along with sweet family moments, seems like just the thing that would do the trick, if not for swindling old folks out of their money!

I've listened to some boring podcasts in my day, but Mary's takes the cake!  I couldn't believe it when Mary redid the prayer that her colleague was putting so much passion into.  

I'm trying to picture Heather skiing up to Meredith's front door.  Did someone just drop her off at the top of the hill?  😉

Whitney and the cake was absolutely ridiculous!   I was yelling at the tv, "use both hands, put down the plates!"  When she kept rearranging (re-glopping) the cake on the plate after each fall, I was dying!

• Love 7

I thought Whitney’s choice of swimming suit was inappropriate in that setting with her adult step sons.  There are plenty of more modest, fabulous suits, all over.  The thing I find irritating about her is that she’s pretty, has a good body and clearly she knows it and that’s perfectly clear.  At the beach or a pool with another’s group of people I would probably have been fine with the bikini.

I feel as though we will be strung along for episodes until we get back to Jen’s arrest.  It’s hard to watch her flaunting her wardrobe, etc., knowing where the money came from.  

• Love 14

Whitney made me feel both old and young (I'm 38) because on one hand I can see that she would have a better time partying it up (that makes me feel old) but I sense either desperation or over-compensating that I only see when people are clearly past their prime (makes me feel young).

I didn't necessarily have a problem with Whitney's swimsuit, to me it was more about being comfortable and I'm talking about the mic barely holding on to her bikini bottom, I mean, one false move and that thing would've hit the floor. Also, when she dropped the cake I thought it was funny, but the more she kept insisting on carrying it with one hand I thought she was making a bit about being "drunk". 

I don't know, in my 20's I guess I made it an issue about having fun and doing things that would make people around me realize how down I was for a good party, and I'm equating that experience with Whitney, the whole scene was trying too hard in my opinion, and then when they showed her old husband who looked like he'd rather watch the Kominsky Method than spend the entire night binge-drinking shots and jumping down that small ass jacuzzi... Either she genuinely likes having parties that cater to a younger crowd or she wants to be the bad girl surrounded by the Mormons (isn't that Lala's thing? Wasn't she Tupac's #1 fan) or she's overcompensating because unlike her contemporaries her husband is twice her age and she feels a little ashamed of that. 

• Love 7

I don't think Whitney needs to cover up or be modest because of her stepsons.  That's not her problem.  That's her husband's problem for marrying a woman only 5 years older than his oldest child.  The uncomfortability is because Whitney could easily be screwing the sons as she is the father.  But again, that's not her concern or problem; it's her husband's problem for marrying a woman young enough to be his daughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If you come for me I will send Jesus after you. Can we just talk about how ridiculous that tag line is? Lol she’ll sick Jesus on you? lol 

I want to hate Mary, she’s terrible. But then she talks to herself and is herself strangely that I think she is such a superb con woman because she BELIEVES she is Right there with Jesus. Right there boo. Next to him chilling- it’s not the holy trinity it’s the holy square. She’s entertaining to me. Shameful but true. Now Jen Shah can go kick rocks with that Twit Brooks. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

I want to hate Mary, she’s terrible. But then she talks to herself and is herself strangely that I think she is such a superb con woman because she BELIEVES she is Right there with Jesus. Right there boo. Next to him chilling- it’s not the holy trinity it’s the holy square. She’s entertaining to me. Shameful but true. Now Jen Shah can go kick rocks with that Twit Brooks. 

So true. The tag line, the step-grandad/husband, and the cult are all red flags, but I can't help liking Mary *a little* for her reaction to Heather's description of Jen's Friendship Juice. I wonder what Mary would be like if her grandmother had just left her alone.

• Love 8

What did Meredith do to herself since last season!?!?  Particularly in the talking head spots...bad make-up or bad procedure?  Yikes!  

Jen Shah reminds me of a narcissist in my own life.  Even if she is ultimately proven guilty of the charges she is facing, I doubt she will never admit to any of it.  Can 't help but think the hour glass has been turned on her marriage and the sand is slowly running out.  Did she trot out her aunt to prove some kind of point?  

Brooksy right out of the gate...insert my eyeroll here.

Whitney, Lisa, Heather, and Mary still maintaining status quo from last season.  Heather did cause me to go give her the side eye during her appearance on WWHL last night though. 

Too soon to tell about Jennie, but she had the good sense to not come in hot which is a good sign.

• Love 7

I actually thought that this was a pretty entertaining first episode! I agree that discussing someone else's sexuality is off-limits. Jen making snarky comments on social media is punching down -- he might be a young adult, but he's still your "friend's" kid, for pete's sake. I think if someone I knew were attempting to publicly disparage my kid, I would be pretty enraged. I know people are annoyed by him (he is annoying), but he was only 19 or so when they shot that first season -- that's not exactly a mature age to manage all of this attention. I cringe when I think of some of the decisions I made at that age.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Whitney is only 5 years older than her oldest stepson.  They're basically contemporaries.  The person who should get the side eye is Whitney's husband.

Agree. He needs to have a little chat with his arm candy about looking appropriate when around his 20 something sons who are at the age where they are capable of getting a hard on at the slightest breeze brushing by them. 

I'm really not here for the Lisa/Meredith turmoil over Jenn Shah. A little of that talk goes a long way. 

I know Heather is a fan favorite but her loyalty to Jenn is creepy. She was still supporting her on WWHL last night even though she said what Jenn did was wrong. She's either confusing or a spineless doormat. Haven't figured out which yet. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

What did Meredith do to herself since last season!?!?  Particularly in the talking head spots...bad make-up or bad procedure?  Yikes!

Tweaked her face and her bosom - and not in a good way!  Her breasts in the TH with the low and wide cut v-neck look very very strange.  As far as her "turning in" Jen - all I could tell was that she possibly told the police where to find her - so what?  It's not like the arrest warrant expires if you can avoid the cops for an hour 😄

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

Tweaked her face and her bosom - and not in a good way!  Her breasts in the TH with the low and wide cut v-neck look very very strange.  As far as her "turning in" Jen - all I could tell was that she possibly told the police where to find her - so what?  It's not like the arrest warrant expires if you can avoid the cops for an hour 😄

Her boob job looks like she got a very muscular chest, something is just off with it, maybe the wide vee top was a mistake?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Nah, it's her grandma that's chillin with the Lord- it's in the picture!

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If you come for me I will send Jesus after you. Can we just talk about how ridiculous that tag line is? Lol she’ll sick Jesus on you? lol 

How does that work anyway?  If Mary is God, does that mean she’s sending her spoiled kid after us?

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Why?  

She made some weird comments about Jen's alleged shady business that seemed more like brushing it off and how she would feel if Jen is found guilty.  A little too supportive under the circumstances.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her boob job looks like she got a very muscular chest, something is just off with it, maybe the wide vee top was a mistake?

Huge mistake!  It looks like she used that boob tape, but rather than to push them together to plump up her cleavage she separated them as far as she can!  And then covered them with airbrushed makeup so that her chest looks like some weird plastic mannequin.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mary's tag line confused me and possibly her too, does Jesus act like a body guard, like if some one is bothering Mary she will call Jesus and tell him to beat someone up?  That is what I got from her tag line.

Yeah Jesus is not out there chasing down the enemies of hucksters and false teachers!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree. He needs to have a little chat with his arm candy about looking appropriate when around his 20 something sons who are at the age where they are capable of getting a hard on at the slightest breeze brushing by them. 

I'm really not here for the Lisa/Meredith turmoil over Jenn Shah. A little of that talk goes a long way. 

I know Heather is a fan favorite but her loyalty to Jenn is creepy. She was still supporting her on WWHL last night even though she said what Jenn did was wrong. She's either confusing or a spineless doormat. Haven't figured out which yet. 

Didn’t she say that she knew Jen’s business was shady but she didn’t know it was illegal?  She is still supporting her now after the arrest.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I am not a Jenn fan, but I cut her some slack on not knowing her son’s age. She clearly knew the year he was born off the top of her head. My mom forgets m6 age sometimes and I always have to do the math when people ask me how old she is.  

I am not a Brooks fan with his identical tracksuits, but the stuff Jenn said on social media was way out of bounds, especially for the son of her supposed friend.

• Love 7

Seeing Jens spare room filled with designer goods while she bragged about it was disturbing to say the least as was the Shah Chalet Rental part two.
Also her retweeting the gay slurs at Brooks Marks is giving him more air time and putting him in a sympathetic role which was the last thing we needed.
Don’t need to see Mary in fake prayer with the. phony voice breaking.
Whitney in the bikini in front of her adult stepsons - creepy, nasty, and gross.

• Love 18

“The only thing I’m guilty of is being Shah-mazing”??! LMAO. Wow! 

Delusional Jen with that face that looks like she has cement fillers. What an absolute freak. The truly strange part of her story is that Coach Shah is still with her crazy ass. They “almost” divorced?? What the hell stopped him? I’m thinking she threatened him with info she has on him in their legal case. There is just no way he truly wants to be in that marriage. Nasty woman. 

Heather was so pretty in college! Her face has really changed a lot, doesn’t even really look like the same person. 

I do not want to see Brooks Marks entitled ass self this season. Nails on a chalkboard. 

Whitney saying no more bjs. Her husband will likely be dumped in the next three years. She’s young and now has the Bravo fame which equals kiss of death. 

Why was Mary brought back? Come on now. 

Lisa is a non-entity to me. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, ichbin said:

She made some weird comments about Jen's alleged shady business that seemed more like brushing it off and how she would feel if Jen is found guilty.  A little too supportive under the circumstances.  

She also insinuated that she already knew about Jen’s shady business practices and didn’t care and that she was on Jen’s side no matter what because ‘she needs a friend through all this.’ I was surprised, I thought Heather was smarter than that. Andy seemed shocked too. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I like Heather but I also don't understand why she seems to crave Jenn's approval. 

12 hours ago, ichbin said:

The clip I saw she said that she knew it was shady but didn't know it was illegal. Good job Heather, now you might get subpoenaed.

Gotta love the editors throwing in shots of Jenn's closet. And Jenn telling Lisa "I'll go to jail for you, I haven't been to jail yet" 😳

Mary is still chaotic as ever. 

Me thinks that Coach Shah was trying to pull an Erika Jayne (get a divorce before the shit hit the fan) but Jenn wouldn't let him. 

It seems like they want us to speculate that one of the women tipped off the feds and while that would be dramatic, I'm pretty sure the feds had their ducks in a row and everything they needed to arrest Jenn. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, princelina said:

I agree, but, as we've seen in other franchises, the actual person who committed the crime/act is protected, while the supposed "snitch" (for lack of a better word) is thrown under the bus.  It is always about deflection.  Deflect from the actual issue and make the story about who told on whom.  We've seen it on RHBH - LVP/Dorit and puppiegate.  On RHNJ - Teresa accusing Caroline of reporting her to the Feds; RHOC - Vicki freaking out at Meghan Edmonds and Shannon for exposing Brooks' cancer scam.  It is currently happening on RHBH with Erika, who may be the Queen of deflection, threatening and verbally assaulting Sutton for asking for clarity and answers.

I hope we see more of what actually happened, and I really see nothing wrong IF Meredith was contacted by police and she let them know where Jen was at the time of the arrest.  She did the right thing.

Hell - if the cops contacted ANY production team member to find out where Jen was, they would be salivating at the chance to get this all caught on tape for the show, and would have given the full day's filming schedule to the cops.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

A lot of these comments about Whitney in a bathing suit are a bit shocking to me. Couldn't it be possible that the adult sons can handle being around an attractive woman and not sexualize her?

If one of Whitney's stepsons raped her, I wonder if people would then blame what Whitney was wearing or if they would say "It doesn't matter what Whitney was wearing, they should control themselves!"

You can't have it both ways.  You can't say women should be able to wear whatever they want and men should just have the self control not to rape/sexually harass but then say "She shouldn't be wearing that.  She should cover up."

Whitney being a stepmother is no excuse to police her bathing suit.  She's not those guys mother. She's their peer.  One of them is married himself.  If he is eyeballing Whitney in her bathing suit, that's an issue between he and his wife.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16