Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Driad said:

I wish they would make chairs (adjustable height) available for contestants who want them. 

There have been a couple of contestants who seemed to be sitting, but I believe it has to be a medically necessary accommodation, not just a preference.

• Love 1

We had watched a show about Churchill just before Jeopardy that included the speech referenced in FJ so we had to laugh when we saw it.  Leavenworth = Kansas to me, and we both had ailerons from watching plenty of aviation documentaries.

I wasn’t sure about Ryan at the start but I like him quite a lot and hope he has the stamina for a good run.  Mayim’s look is VERY polished this time around!  It doesn’t make me like her hosting skills any better but she looks fantastic.  (Still love her as an actress in BBT and Call Me Kat.)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Caoimhe said:

We had watched a show about Churchill just before Jeopardy that included the speech referenced in FJ so we had to laugh when we saw it.  Leavenworth = Kansas to me, and we both had ailerons from watching plenty of aviation documentaries.

I wasn’t sure about Ryan at the start but I like him quite a lot and hope he has the stamina for a good run.  Mayim’s look is VERY polished this time around!  It doesn’t make me like her hosting skills any better but she looks fantastic.  (Still love her as an actress in BBT and Call Me Kat.)

She is great in BBT. 

That call.me Kat show is awful all around in my opinion.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

That call.me Kat show is awful all around in my opinion.

Ssshhh! Don’t tell people that. We (I) need that show to run for a long, long time.

• LOL 16

In all fairness to Doc Ock -- he still has his regular, human arms and legs along with the mechanical tentacles -- so he does have eight limbs!

And thanks for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette shout-out!

Speaking of Pittsburgh, I'm chiming in a little late here, but back on May 5, Mattea's missed Daily Double in the "Cross The Bridge" category referred to the "Forbes Avenue Bridge," which recently collapsed early in the morning the day President Biden came to town to talk about infrastructure.  It's not the Forbes Avenue Bridge, it's the Fern Hollow Bridge -- Forbes Avenue is 7 miles long and crosses several bridges along its route.  The actual Forbes Avenue Bridge is a few miles away, near the Carnegie Mellon campus.

I think most people just called it the Frick Park Bridge though, since it carried Forbes Avenue to the entrance of that park.  Never know the official Fern Hollow name till after the collapse.

Check out the Bus Lift!

• Useful 4

After our moderator hid a post, I figured that meant Ryan lost.  And Aaron was ahead for most of the game, so I ready to say goodbye to Ryan.  But FJ saved him.

Aaron bet 0 in FJ.  He would have felt really bad if he had got it right.  Even if you think the category is not your best, I think you still have to assume you will get FJ correct and bet appropriately.

• Love 5

Meh. Only category I ran was I'll Have Thirds. Missed one in History, Makeup, Europe, and Vocabulary, and 2-3 in everything else. Did not get FJ...I had a feeling it was football player but I suck at sports categories almost as much as I suck at sports themselves (though he is one of the few I would actually recognize in a picture).

My TSes were Hermitage, Skid Row (DD), Donna Summer, Napoli (yes, I had to sing part of it, though not all the way to the city name in question), and vitreous.

I was worried for Ryan for a while there.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My TSes were Hermitage, Skid Row (DD), Donna Summer, Napoli (yes, I had to sing part of it, though not all the way to the city name in question), and vitreous.

Would they have accepted "Naples" as the answer?  Ryan perked up towards the end. I was worried but a 10 day win would not have been anything to sneeze at. 

My TSes were Donna Summer, Judy Garland, and vitreous.

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Would they have accepted "Naples" as the answer?

I think you likely would have been ruled out because the clue called specifically for "this Italian name for a major city."  But we would at least have known you knew it.  ;)

12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Napoli (yes, I had to sing part of it, though not all the way to the city name in question)

I forgot it was in the "body" of the song!  The choral intro in Dean Martin's big hit version goes "In Napoli / where love is king / when boy meets girl / here's what they sing" so I didn't go any further.  I would have chipped in an extra $100 or so if any contestant had sung their response.  I really like all his old records.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

I forgot it was in the "body" of the song!  The choral intro in Dean Martin's big hit version goes "In Napoli / where love is king / when boy meets girl / here's what they sing" so I didn't go any further.  I would have chipped in an extra $100 or so if any contestant had sung their response.  I really like all his old records.

I forgot it was in the intro! I just started running through the first verse and then "old Napoli" popped into my head. If they had sung it that would have been awesome.

When you walk in a dream
But you know, you're not dreaming, signore
Scusami, but you see
Back in old Napoli, that's amore

Good thing I wasn't singing this version...

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Another FJ where I could have had all the time in the world and never come up with it.  I had no idea what the connection was.  And I started off this week so well!

I did get the TS of Hermitage, Skid Row, Judy Garland, Donna Summer, and vitreous.

So, if Kit Carson is our mascot, is "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" our official song?  I cracked up when Ryan answered that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I hadn't the foggiest clue on FJ.

I got the missed clues of Diana Ross, Hermitage, Belgium, and Judy Garland.

I got the entire categories of third, History and celeb books right.

I had a great first round (3 categories entirely right, missed on in Make up, 2 in geographic names and 3 in mind), a not so great, but not terrible second round, and obviously missed FJ.

20 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

So, if Kit Carson is our mascot, is "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" our official song?  I cracked up when Ryan answered that.

That was my answer, too, and I also laughed. 😄

And I vote yes, it is our official song.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

When I saw the admonishment about spoilers this afternoon, I, too, thought someone had posted that Ryan lost, and Aaron outperforming him tonight had me certain that was indeed the case.  So it was a pleasant surprise when Ryan survived by being the only one to know FJ.

I'm really surprised no one guessed Donna Summer as the disco queen.  The Judy Garland TS also surprised me.

I had a decent game, but nothing spectacular; I only ran three categories in the whole game, but other than alliteration, in which I missed three, I only missed one or two in all the rest.

But FJ was tailor made for me, as a huge football fan (although not a fan of Peyton Manning); it was one of the most instant ever of my IGs.  I didn't know he'd formed a production company, but Omaha + HoF athlete = Peyton Manning.  As Mayim said, he's not the only QB to use that signal, but he used it a lot with the Broncos because they  went no-huddle so often, and this was happening at the same time the sideline mics were turned up so TV viewers could hear more, so it became associated with him.  There are all kinds of montages on YouTube (some put out by the NFL itself), and he's said to this day people holler "Omaha!" at him when they see him on the street, in the airport, etc.

If I wasn't a football fan, I'd have been frantically trying to think of a famous athlete from Omaha, NE.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Bastet said:

If I wasn't a football fan, I'd have been frantically trying to think of a famous athlete from Omaha, NE.

Yep, that was me. I know zippo, zilch, nada about football, nor most sports,, unfortunately.

I was shocked that no one knew Judy Garland.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I thought we used to have a band?

Edit: Here it is!

But yes I also laughed, because I answered the same thing. If you start with "The Wreck of..." my mind just automatically fills in "the Edmund Fitzgeraaaald" and then the song is stuck in my head.

I really thought Ryan was going to lose today - first because I had already had a pretty bad day at work and figured it would be the icing on the cake, and also because he seemed really tired in yesterday's game. And then he was behind for most of the game. Glad he is sticking around though, and hopefully he can be more rested for Monday's game.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 10
(edited)

Count me in with the club that instinctively followed “wreck of” with “Edmund Fitzgerald.”

Aaron in particular, whose specializations in history include pop culture and FILM according to several profiles, should hang his head for not knowing Judy Garland. (Yes, I know your brain does strange things under the lights. Still.)

Edited by 853fisher
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I was shocked that no one knew Judy Garland.

Me too. I wondered if they were paralyzed by the number of versions of A Star Is Born (Gaga and Streisand since Garland's version) and weren't familiar with Get Happy.

• Love 6
(edited)

Not sure where I should put this comment but will put it here since it happened today.  At the Jeopardy website they changed what they called The Hall of Fame to Leaderboard of Legends tonight.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone/leaderboard-of-legends

One category here that will probably never change is Single-Game Winnings which all ten are by the legendary Big Bettor, James Holzhauer.  No one ever comes close to him or will do so in the future. 

Edited by dbklmt
Edited to correct bad English
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

I too thought the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald even though I knew it was wrong. Then he said it snd I thought 'hespussss', missed a syllable. 

Easiest FJ ever for me. He's my favorite athlete of all time. 

That was a great game though!!  Back and forth in double jeopardy. Odd betting in the lead and $0?  Didn't matter but still weird. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, secnarf said:

If you start with "The Wreck of..." my mind just automatically fills in "the Edmund Fitzgeraaaald" and then the song is stuck in my head.

Exactly. And now I have an image of everyone on this board (including me!) shouting out “Edmund Fitzgerald!” in unison.

I could not think of any athletes from Omaha, so then I tried to think of athletes’ names that could portmanteau into Omaha. (Omar Ha…lloway?) Yeah, I got nowhere.

I felt kind of bad for Aaron, because he really brought it. But not that bad, because yay, Ryan!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, secnarf said:

If you start with "The Wreck of..." my mind just automatically fills in "the Edmund Fitzgeraaaald" and then the song is stuck in my head.

Watching late on YouTube Friday, all I heard of the clue was "The Wreck of . . . " and instagot Hesperus because I heard Mom's voice saying she or I or someone "looked like the Wreck of the Hesperus" (wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wreck_of_the_Hesperus#Colloquial_usage).
And likely Mom would have known the Longfellow poem in the complete clue, so she would not have mentioned Edmund Fitzgerald.

I was pretty pooped, so otherwise it was one of those "what's that thing I know?" kind of games.
I really should have gotten the TS of vitreous, having had a vitreous detachment a few years back, but the term was just beyond my mind's reach.
Likewise, I could vaguely recall Dean Martin singing "That's Amore" but could only come up with "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie" LOL.
And Lady Gaga at the Oscars with Bradley Cooper forever eclipsed Judy Garland in my mind as a reference to A Star is Born.

Tom Brady was my Hail Mary pass for FJ even though I knew it was wrong, but at least I had the right sport. 

I thought Mayim looked and performed very well for this episode. I'm guessing Mayim is on a roll by the time we see Friday. As an actor, it probably feels like the 5th take?

I'm glad I missed the spoiler yesterday before the Mod deleted it. 
I hope the newbie who posted it isn't so embarrassed that they never darken this thread's door again.
Just please do it after 7pm ET. 😉
Why doesn't this thread have one of those permanent red box warnings?

I did think the history professor might win. I'm glad Ryan won, but I wish the professor could have too. Too bad he wasn't on at a different date.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Not such a great game for me.  Just got the ts's of skid row, Hesperus, and Donna Summer which being a ts surprised me even more than the Judy Garland ts.

Like @shapeshifter, I guessed Tom Brady and was pleased that it was at least the right sport.

I am glad Ryan won again.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, proserpina65 said:
On 5/26/2022 at 7:30 PM, Bastet said:

I was also a bit surprised no one knew Leavenworth = Kansas, because of the prison, and that no one guessed Cartier as the French jeweler or whale as the big animal that washed ashore (maybe they all thought it couldn't be that simple).

Leavenworth is the only reason I knew Kansas.

I grew up in Ottawa County, so Miami and Leavenworth in the clue could mean only Kansas!

Friday's FJ took a bit of thought. I remembered news stories about him saying Omaha, so finally put it together. Also I remember Manning because before I knew the football Mannings, I was familiar with Danny Manning of University of Kansas basketball fame.

Edited by zoey1996
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I could not think of any athletes from Omaha, so then I tried to think of athletes’ names that could portmanteau into Omaha. (Omar Ha…lloway?) Yeah, I got nowhere.

There are some people for whom Peyton Manning is as obvious as Judy Garland is to me. I had no chance. 

I also didn't know the Poseidon Adventure was based on a book. Good for Srimal coming up with it. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, 853fisher said:

As a kid, I never really cared for Dean Martin - given that on his tv show he always looked drunk (probably an act). So I was gobsmacked to find myself loving his voice and work in my fifties. I guess the child's reaction wore off.

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Like others, that was the automatic fill in for me, though I knew it was wrong and didn't say that as an answer. Yes, I vote for it to be our official song. Maybe we should have some other "official" categories.

11 hours ago, Bastet said:

I stopped watching entire football games in my teens, so I had no clue. Ironically (or is it) Peyton did cross my mind when I was thinking of business oriented athletes, but I couldn't for the life of me make an Omaha connection. The only reason I even sorta of followed Peyton and Eli's careers was that as a young teen I had a crush on their father Archie.

10 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

Me too. I wondered if they were paralyzed by the number of versions of A Star Is Born (Gaga and Streisand since Garland's version) and weren't familiar with Get Happy.

I didn't get the reference - as the first (and only) version of A Star Is Born I saw was the Cooper/Gaga one. I was unspoiled and shocked at the ending. (Same with Easy Rider, but that was more shocking). So I was digging through my mind to try to remember the originator of the role in the 30s. Oh well.

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I did think the history professor might win. I'm glad Ryan won, but I wish the professor could have too. Too bad he wasn't on at a different date.

That's what I was thinking too. I really, really didn't want Ryan to lose, but I was impressed with the professor.

I knew, and liked, every darned song in the 70's list - but was completely blank on who sang them, except for Paul McCartney, because duh, Wings. (the song I liked the least, actually)

I did reasonable well in Literary Shipping.

Oh, is it just me or did Shrimal say "varieted" instead of "variegated" in the V category.  I wasn't sure I was right, so I didn't worry about it too much, but I did look it up and "variegated" is correct.

• Love 2

Until this morning I had successfully blocked the *dm*nd F*tzg*r*ld from my brain and thought of nothing but Hesperus for "The Wreck of..."

A few weeks ago, there was a question about "The Wreck of the Medusa" and I didn't think of the Ship That Shall Not Be Named then either.

Now I wish I'd skipped this thread today.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

There have been a couple of contestants who seemed to be sitting, but I believe it has to be a medically necessary accommodation, not just a preference.

During one of my auditions, there was an older man who had trouble standing for long periods.  As I recall, one of the contestant coordinators said that if he were to be on the show, they would be able to make accommodations for him.

18 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Mayim’s look is VERY polished this time around!  It doesn’t make me like her hosting skills any better but she looks fantastic.

I've always thought Mayim was attractive, dating back to the days when I had a huge crush on her when she was on Blossom.  They were deliberately dressing her down on BBT to make her look nerdier.  As a host she's fair to middling (I don't hate her as much as some people seem to, although I think Ken has been smoother and seems more comfortable in the role).

Edited by MrAtoz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I also didn't know the Poseidon Adventure was based on a book. Good for Srimal coming up with it. 

I knew Poseidon Adventure but it wouldn't come out of my mouth.  I could, however, sing the lyrics to the theme song. "There's got to be a morning after...".

18 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Surprising that the vinyl fan did not get Donna Summer.

18 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Surprising that the vinyl fan did not get Donna Summer.

I was surprised none of them got it.  1970s, sexy lyrics, female singer - to me that equals Donna Summer.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I didn't get the reference - as the first (and only) version of A Star Is Born I saw was the Cooper/Gaga one. I was unspoiled and shocked at the ending. (Same with Easy Rider, but that was more shocking). So I was digging through my mind to try to remember the originator of the role in the 30s. Oh well.

The 30s were leading you in the wrong direction, because 1937 was the first one, with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March.  It was nominated for 7 Oscars, including the "big four," and won Best Original Story.

The one with Judy and James Mason came in 1954, 15 years after Judy made it big in "Wizard of Oz."  It was received very favorably but had been cut by almost 20% over the objections of the director, George Cukor.  There was a fantastic restoration some years ago for which most of the deleted material was recovered.  (I saw it, incidentally, in the theater where Janet Gaynor had been an usher as a young woman)

I had forgotten the third one, from 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson, but maybe that was also in the players' heads.  So I guess perhaps the "get-ability" of this clue hinged on recognizing "Get Happy" and associating it with Judy.

Perhaps it's not unlike how Omaha is well-known to football fans and opaque to others.  I'm sure the folks I attend "Musical Mondays" bar nights with know it, but for those not interested, I'm not sure.  "Summer Stock," in which she did that number, is definitely more obscure than "A Star is Born" today.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I also didn't know the Poseidon Adventure was based on a book

I've read it (about 10 years ago). I will say (a) the movie (the original 1972 version) is very faithful to the book and (b) you wouldn't think that the movie was ... uplifting... but compared to the book, wow! I will just say that the book is rather depressing compared to the movie. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Oh, is it just me or did Shrimal say "varieted" instead of "variegated" in the V category.  I wasn't sure I was right, so I didn't worry about it too much, but I did look it up and "variegated" is correct.

That's why I heard, too, and kept expecting a correction to the score. I did NOT hear a hard G in her response.

I was channel surfing after J! last night and the "MOVIES!" channel was airing "The Poseidon Adventure." I laughed almost as long and hard as I did with the Edmund Fitzgerald response.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

"Summer Stock," in which she did that number, is definitely more obscure than "A Star is Born" today.

"Get Happy" the number may be less obscure than the movie "Summer Stock" because it was included in "That’s Entertainment" and in the recent biopic starring Renee Zellweger. But probably still rather obscure.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I also didn't know the Poseidon Adventure was based on a book. 

41 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I've read it (about 10 years ago). I will say (a) the movie (the original 1972 version) is very faithful to the book and (b) you wouldn't think that the movie was ... uplifting... but compared to the book, wow! I will just say that the book is rather depressing compared to the movie. 

I loved that book when I was a kid! I read it twice, the last time at probably 12 years old. Funny, because I remember the 1972 movie being very different from the book. The Gene Hackman character, for example, was much less heroic in the book. Other characters were also very different and the relationships much simplified in the movie. And while the book lacked the big thrill moments of the movie (the Christmas tree scramble! The staircase flood!), the added details and complexity made it much more captivating. I will agree, however, that the book had a darker tone overall. But now I want to read it again!

(I also loved The Glass Inferno, one of two books that inspired the forgettable 1974 movie The Towering Inferno, for many of the same reasons. Nuanced characters, more harrowing plot details, all left behind in the movie.)

And thus concludes 30 Helens’ 50-Year-Old Book Club.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Poseidon was an IG for me, since The Poseidon Adventure was one of my favorites during my disaster movie phase as a kid (and I'll still watch at least parts of it if I come across it on TV now), so ask me about an upside down ship, and I know it's Poseidon.  But add me to the list who'd never come across the fact the film was based on a book.

I agree the Get Happy part of the Judy Garland clue was helpful.  A Star is Born brings to mind several different actors - for me, it was Barbra Streisand - but as soon as I continued reading the clue, "song & dance woman" plus "Get Happy" led me to Garland (not even because of the song, because she so famously struggled to be happy yet had to constantly project that image - it seemed like an ideal title for a Garland bio).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I had forgotten the third one, from 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson, but maybe that was also in the players' heads.

How could you forget that poster😀

I said Barbra Streisand, which I suppose is still my main association for "A Star Is Born."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I also loved The Glass Inferno, one of two books that inspired the forgettable 1974 movie The Towering Inferno, for many of the same reasons. Nuanced characters, more harrowing plot details, all left behind in the movie.)

Read that one too! 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

How indeed?  What I like most about it is the subtlety.

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I agree the Get Happy part of the Judy Garland clue was helpful.  A Star is Born brings to mind several different actors - for me, it was Barbra Streisand - but as soon as I continued reading the clue, "song & dance woman" plus "Get Happy" led me to Garland (not even because of the song, because she so famously struggled to be happy yet had to constantly project that image - it seemed like an ideal title for a Garland bio).

That's very well said.  I think "I Could Go On Singing," her last film, is one of her most affecting performances because it captures a bit of that dynamic, although she's not playing herself, at least not directly.

For a bit of weekend frivolity, and in case anyone's wondering why I seem so deeply invested in Judy, I should fess up: one of my little hellions is named for her.  She could not believe it when I told her she was a triple stumper:

Spoiler

IMG_2421-min.thumb.jpg.92d51c2ee328f19ef600f3a26b16e0e1.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

That's very well said.  I think "I Could Go On Singing," her last film, is one of her most affecting performances because it captures a bit of that dynamic, although she's not playing herself, at least not directly.

For a bit of weekend frivolity, and in case anyone's wondering why I seem so deeply invested in Judy, I should fess up: one of my little hellions is named for her.  She could not believe it when I told her she was a triple stumper:

Hide contents

IMG_2421-min.thumb.jpg.92d51c2ee328f19ef600f3a26b16e0e1.jpg

She has thumbs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, 853fisher said:
1 hour ago, MrAtoz said:

Oh, I couldn't possibly forget it - especially since I went out and got Barbra's hairstyle!  Eh, I was 18, what can I say?

I dunno, for me, "Get Happy" immediately makes me think of the The Partridge Family!  So....Shirley Jones?? 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I live right next to Lake Superior in Duluth, MN. Believe me, that song is well ingrained in our psyche here. I think we love it more than anything Bob Dylan ever wrote and he was born here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Poseidon was an IG for me, since The Poseidon Adventure was one of my favorites during my disaster movie phase as a kid (and I'll still watch at least parts of it if I come across it on TV now), so ask me about an upside down ship, and I know it's Poseidon.  But add me to the list who'd never come across the fact the film was based on a book.

I once read about a group of people in North Carolina who periodically gather to watch The Poseidon Adventure, but they turn the TV upside down, so the ship is right-side up.

• LOL 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I remember it, and I can't see it without thinking of this skit from The Carol Burnett Show. With Glen Campbell!

Husband: Any mail here?
Glen: How could he know?

Ha ha ha ha!

Add me to the list of posters who auto answer "Edmund Fitzgerald" for any wreck, and doesn't care that it's wrong. It's so wrong it has to be right, right?

Edited by PBnJay
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 5/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I got FJ and as a non American I am in disbelief that any American would not get that from that date alone never mind it being a very well known line. How soon we forget what history has taught us, it should be ingrained in every American.

“Today, you remember. I wonder how many Americans remember. Today is Pearl Harbor Day"-George HW Bush, addressing the American Legion, September 7, 1988. 

• LOL 8