Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Except it gives them an unfair advantage which is the absolute antithesis of what Jeopardy is supposed to be about, imo.  Which is why I'm seriously considering not watching.

Can you elaborate on your thoughts as to what Jeopardy! is supposed to be about?

Edited by Leeds
  • Useful 1
On 8/31/2022 at 1:57 PM, HelenBaby said:

I live in the Central time zone and my local affiliates (there have been two here ABC & NBC) have always shown it during the day except for one season when it came on at 6:00 pm. But the competing channels always had news at that time so the NBC affiliate gave up the show & the ABC affiliate started showing it at 3:00 with a repeat at 3:30. They have since switched it to show the repeat at 3 and the new one at 3:30. 

I just moved to Central time, and our ABC affiliate (Wichita) shows repeats at 4 and the new one at 4:30.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:53 PM, PaulaO said:

God, how I hate Mattea.  As a contestant not as a person, but I’m sure she would annoy me just as much if I met her socially.

I thought my knee-jerk reaction to her might temper with time.  Nope!  The peculiar thing is that I really enjoy hearing another persons thought process, musings, and side stories on any topic.  I enjoy quirky people and  I really do want to “get” whomever is speaking.  I’m not an inveterate Jeopardy! purist, either, so I’m not worried about tradition or what Alex might have said, were he here.  Additionally, you folks have squared me away on the whole clock/ timer thing, so I’m not concerned about clues being left on the board.  But something about her grates on me.  OTOH, If she showed up for dinner, I’d be thrilled and would let her ramble and I’d totally enjoy her company.  

Additionally, I find Mattea to be most impressive, with a broad range of knowledge and recall for her age, or any other.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, South said:

I thought my knee-jerk reaction to her might temper with time.  Nope!  The peculiar thing is that I really enjoy hearing another persons thought process, musings, and side stories on any topic.  I enjoy quirky people and  I really do want to “get” whomever is speaking.  I’m not an inveterate Jeopardy! purist, either, so I’m not worried about tradition or what Alex might have said, were he here.  Additionally, you folks have squared me away on the whole clock/ timer thing, so I’m not concerned about clues being left on the board.  But something about her grates on me.  OTOH, If she showed up for dinner, I’d be thrilled and would let her ramble and I’d totally enjoy her company.  

Additionally, I find Mattea to be most impressive, with a broad range of knowledge and recall for her age, or any other.

When I react to a contestant with this much complexity, my belief is that they probably remind me of someone I hated, but can't remember. Occasionally, I do remember who they remind me of, and nothing will change my opinion, not even if they prove to be good at the game or seem otherwise unobjectionable.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

image.thumb.png.6fe72a2eaabdaa57e59de4c8b41964d2.png

Sadie's the one person who actually deserved a second chance.  This episode made me so mad because not only was Sadie robbed (there absolutely WAS an "n" at the end of her answer) but Megan should never have been given credit for "GehriK" - she clearly says a "k" at the end of his name instead of "g".

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I

The problem I have with the seeded rounds is that it gives haters a chance to say the winner didn't really earn the win, and even that the winner could not have won without "cheating." I'm mostly concerned if Amy or Mattea wins; somehow I don't see the internet piling on Matt the same way.

I keep getting previews for second chance players, but what they actually air is someone who made it to the TOC, and not even including an almost-was.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Ailianna said:

I keep getting previews for second chance players, but what they actually air is someone who made it to the TOC, and not even including an almost-was.

The reruns have been a combination of "here is someone who made it to TOC" and "here is someone who made it to SC".

• Love 1