Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I honestly don’t know how anyone goes on this show without having a nervous breakdown afterward.

Yikes, yes. Or PTSD. I'm not joking. Being under a microscope so millions of people can judge your every move and motive, while being back stabbed and betrayed and/or backstabbing and betraying others? Now add the whole CO situation where you also feel compelled to act as a role model for your whole culture? It'll take them months to depressurize and return to normal, assuming they ever do. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5

Azah reminds me of Tootie in Meet Me In St. Louis, as she wants to prove that she is tough and that she belongs, but the others don't take her seriously, but unlike Tootie, I don't think that she has it in her to ever actually "kill" anyone, so she will never be considered the "most horrible" and no one will ever let her burn the Big Brother furniture on a bonfire. 

There, that is the return of my "compare BB HGs to Tootie from Meet Me In St. Louis," which I had to discontinue last season because fuck the All Stars, they didn't deserve a Tootie comparison. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

I expect her to feel awful about scenes of her mocking Claire. 

In almost every season I've watched people do this, they shit talk the person they had to boot/betray, it's just easier to cope if you can justify your betrayal in terms of them deserving it (via being assholes or being dumb). Ironically the more innocent they were the more it makes them feel bad they more they shit talk that person. In the game, that type of rationalization, is a fairly typical copying mechanism. I also think she's aware that she let her fondness for Claire lead her to a bad choice to win HoH, and trying real hard to play it of to the CO men that she didn't REALLY care and was annoyed rather than heartbroken. If Claire is truly a fan, and truly understands The Cook Out this won't even be a blip. Tiff should feel bad tho and apologize absolutely.

I really wish that if Tiff was going to win HoH she had just realized she was going to have to break the CO for it to really work but I still understand why she couldn't go that far, but then just let Kyland HAVE IT. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Azah reminds me of Tootie in Meet Me In St. Louis, as she wants to prove that she is tough and that she belongs, but the others don't take her seriously, but unlike Tootie, I don't think that she has it in her to ever actually "kill" anyone, so she will never be considered the "most horrible" and no one will ever let her burn the Big Brother furniture on a bonfire. 

There, that is the return of my "compare BB HGs to Tootie from Meet Me In St. Louis," which I had to discontinue last season because fuck the All Stars, they didn't deserve a Tootie comparison. 

I saw Tootie and I’m like, Cool! This person is talking about The Facts of Life and Tootie. Alas, I was wrong. LOL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, blixie said:

I really wish that if Tiff was going to win HoH she had just realized she was going to have to break the CO for it to really work but I still understand why she couldn't go that far, but then just let Kyland HAVE IT. 

Yes. Sometimes you just need to let the baby have his bottle. I also wish Hannah had let him take the 2nd HoH in the double, since it didn’t matter which CO won that one, and I think she would have done well in the egg comp.

And since we’re wishing for things, I wish Azah had tried to fulfill her desire for an all-girls alliance by joining forces with Tiff and Hannah. Probably wouldn’t have changed anything, but knowing Azah would vote out X might have given Ky the confidence to do a backdoor this week. 

Instead, Azah has attached herself to one man who does not have the romantic feelings for her that she thinks he has (IMO) and another man who is looking to dump her at the first opportunity, even though she is sure he has her back.  But that’s our Azah: lovely woman, terrible game player.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Melina22 said:

There are lots of reasons Tiffany could have been so nasty despite really caring about Claire. When Claire was crying and upset before leaving that must have been horrible for Tiffany, struggling with the extreme guilt, while knowing she had no choice. She was under incredible pressure to support the CO, both because she wanted the money, and because she knew that she'd look like a traitor to her cause and would be judged negatively by so many people. It was such a no win situation,and I can imagine her turning her anger on Claire, blaming her for being whiny and irritating.

As it turns out, Tiffany won't last much longer in the game.  And she will be the first to be voted off - by her own alliance.  Claire wasn't a threat to win.  But she would have been an allied for Tiffany, much more than most in the CO.

I also think Claire and Derek X stands the best chance of being asked back to compete in future seasons.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 8

I am sorry to see Tiffany probably go. I was hoping she would win. She is smart and likable. 

I don't like Hannah. She seems full of herself and has an entitled demeanor. She walks around like she already won. 

I am serious when I say I would rather Kyland or Big D win over Hannah. Even Azah would be better and she has done nothing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I saw Tootie and I’m like, Cool! This person is talking about The Facts of Life and Tootie. Alas, I was wrong. LOL!!!!!

I gotta believe that the Tootie from Meet Me In St. Louis was an influence on Tootie from Facts of Life being named Tootie, so there is still a connection!

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I am sorry to see Tiffany probably go. I was hoping she would win. She is smart and likable. 

I don't like Hannah. She seems full of herself and has an entitled demeanor. She walks around like she already won. 

I am serious when I say I would rather Kyland or Big D win over Hannah. Even Azah would be better and she has done nothing.

Anyone but Big D. He is the laziest, do nothing, delusional player ever.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Melina22 said:

There are lots of reasons Tiffany could have been so nasty despite really caring about Claire. When Claire was crying and upset before leaving that must have been horrible for Tiffany, struggling with the extreme guilt, while knowing she had no choice. She was under incredible pressure to support the CO, both because she wanted the money, and because she knew that she'd look like a traitor to her cause and would be judged negatively by so many people. It was such a no win situation,and I can imagine her turning her anger on Claire, blaming her for being whiny and irritating. 

Boy, If I ever murder someone I hope you’re on my jury!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's unfortunate but the females of BB always get the death threats.

Like people sent death threats to BASIC BECKY when she wanted to evict Vanessa. BASIC BECKY. So innocuous that her boring personality became a joke. 

Tbf, she was also hit by a train, so there's that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Tbf, she was also hit by a train, so there's that.

She's known as Trainwrecky Becky in our house. Not because she was a trainwreck, it just rhymes nicely. I think she's the husband's favourite and it was all because of the train noises they would play whenever she was on screen.

Her HoH talk with Steve where she droned on and on about folding sweaters at A&F was like early prep for Kyland's HoHs.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

She's known as Trainwrecky Becky in our house. Not because she was a trainwreck, it just rhymes nicely. I think she's the husband's favourite and it was all because of the train noises they would play whenever she was on screen.

Her HoH talk with Steve where she droned on and on about folding sweaters at A&F was like early prep for Kyland's HoHs.

I do remember the irrational hatred and rage Steve had for her. Now that was funny.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, urusai said:

I am 99.9% sure that Hannah will not win this season. I think it’s because she’s young that she projects that attitude.

As I posted in one of the episode threads, I really think the reason people see Hannah as entitled or arrogant comes from her appearance. She has what I call Resting Smug Face. It’s a combination of rounded cheeks and pursed lips and, I think, purely unintentional. I don’t think Hannah has acted arrogant at all. If anything, she comes off a little unsure and eager to prove herself.

But any discussion of Hannah is pretty much irrelevant at this point because, yeah. One and one-half feet out the door. At least she, Tiff and Claire can have fun in Jury House.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As I posted in one of the episode threads, I really think the reason people see Hannah as entitled or arrogant comes from her appearance. She has what I call Resting Smug Face. It’s a combination of rounded cheeks and pursed lips and, I think, purely unintentional. I don’t think Hannah has acted arrogant at all. If anything, she comes off a little unsure and eager to prove herself.

Totally disagree on Hannah. I think she does that look on purpose and I think she has been pretty arrogant in some of her DR appearances. Will be glad to see her go. 

• Love 6

Tiff made a final appeal to X tonight, pledging loyalty to the end if he would save her. He said Hannah made a similar plea, and based on who he thought he had better shot against, he’s going with Hannah.

To his credit, he didn’t string her along or give false hope. But Tiff knows she’s leaving. She’s hoping for a surprise Wednesday eviction so she can get the hell out, already.

Then I was subjected to Deref eating chips in all their CHOMP CHOMP CRUNCH CRUNCH RUSTLE CHOMP amplified glory and had to switch the channel, so I don’t know what else happened.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff made a final appeal to X tonight, pledging loyalty to the end if he would save her.

It's like BB23 has consisted of 10,000 hours of meetings and one-on-ones, all of which made exactly 0% difference in the outcome. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Wide open question.  

Tiff is going out now.  Instead of getting Claire out and she went against one of the guys, would the repercussions be worse going against the CO or would true BB fans be looking at it as she ‘got’ before she got ‘gotten’?  

And if it was one of the guys that had to do it, would reactions be the same?

What will this next double eviction do?  Anything?  

• Love 1

If Tiff had taken out a member of the CO instead of Claire she would be forever crucified by the fans. Now Tiff sacrificed her game for the cause so she is a hero and she will most likely be called back to play again.

After having sexual relations on camera in front of her son and all America I'm not sure she will accept to come back though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, himela said:

If Tiff had taken out a member of the CO instead of Claire she would be forever crucified by the fans. Now Tiff sacrificed her game for the cause so she is a hero and she will most likely be called back to play again.

I agree. Lots of viewers would have agreed with her keeping Claire but I believe the majority wanted her to stick with the CO. This will work out best for her in the long run. She was going to feel guilty either way, but she'll probably feel less guilty about evicting Claire than she would have about turning her back on what she considered her mission. 

• Love 2

The Media thread has the BB comics. I have a couple of comments I couldn't say on Media because it was stuff from the feeds. I wish Christian's could have shown  zonkeys somehow but that was never shown on the show. Also Derek F's should have shown him sleeping in a coffin to incorporate the coffin bed, coffin by night, blue couch by day!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

The Media thread has the BB comics. I have a couple of comments I couldn't say on Media because it was stuff from the feeds. I wish Christian's could have shown  zonkeys somehow but that was never shown on the show. Also Derek F's should have shown him sleeping in a coffin to incorporate the coffin bed, coffin by night, blue couch by day!

Absolutely! I cannot believe Production passed up on the opportunity to portray DerF as the vampire of the House - Count Couch!

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Totally disagree on Hannah. I think she does that look on purpose and I think she has been pretty arrogant in some of her DR appearances. Will be glad to see her go. 

I agree she is arrogant. She is entitled, she is full of herself. However, i think this analysis is best: She was raised to have confidence and excellent self-esteem. That's great, her parents did a great job. Obviously she had the best of everything.

However, while that demeanor may work in the outside world,  inside the house it is really obnoxious. I dislike her. I hope she does not win. She will become unbearable.

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 3

So the live feeds are down and won’t be back up until after tomorrow’s live eviction airs on the West Coast.  What does that signify?  Anyone remember them doing this before?  I thought they were doing another double eviction, two players going in the same episode.  But this seems like they are doing a taped eviction, which they have done before, and then another live eviction tomorrow.  There is also rampant speculation that this is a fake double eviction like  BB Canada 9, I think.  If that is that is the case then Tiffany (most probably) will be evicted, then another person will be evicted and those two people will battle back to come back into the House.  Not sure if there is enough time left in the season for that though.🤷🏻‍♀️

3 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I agree she is arrogant. She is entitled, she is full of herself. However, i think this analysis is best: She was raised to have confidence and excellent self-esteem. That's great, her parents did a great job. Obviously she had the best of everything.

However, while that demeanor may work in the outside world,  inside the house it is really obnoxious. I dislike her. I hope she does not win. She will become unbearable.

Whenever Chowder starts to get on my nerves, there’s one thing I strive to keep in mind:

Hannah is young.  

I mean, VERY VERY young.

Hannah’s barely 21, for crying out loud; she’s only been drinking legal for a few months so her stomach probably still reflex-knots when  a bartender asks for her ID, even though it’s ok now.

Now, think back to practically every 21yo you’ve ever known - and remember that self-confident entitled swagger is generally little more than a social suit of armor worn by an immature kid who’s still trying to work out what being an adult really means, and who is simply trying to fake it until they make it.

So even though Hannah grates on my nerves about 50% of the time, this old fart generally tries to cut her a little slack.  😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

After the DE, there should be five episodes plus the finale, so even with a clip show, they can probably make a buyback work. Especially because otherwise we'll be stuck with two of X/Ky/Hannah plus Azah and Deref for two weeks, which...yeah. Endless HR meetings, X parannoying, Deref complaining about not doing anything while he proceeds to not do anything. If I had feeds, I'd be canceling at that point.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Also Derek F's should have shown him sleeping in a coffin to incorporate the coffin bed, coffin by night, blue couch by day!

And in the half hour a day he's conscious: proclaiming he's the one doing everything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

So the live feeds are down and won’t be back up until after tomorrow’s live eviction airs on the West Coast.  What does that signify?  Anyone remember them doing this before?

Yeah, they're taping this one - they sometimes do a taped eviction towards the end of the season (in BB17, it was Austin's barefoot eviction where he begged Vanessa to change her mind).

1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

There is also rampant speculation that this is a fake double eviction like  BB Canada 9, I think.

Kat Dunn fanned the flames by asking Big Brother on Twitter if there was a conspiracy about a fake double and they shot back a "We love conspiracies!" or something like that so that really ramped up fake double talk. It might be, the numbers in the house compared to episodes left work for a fake double if you play with it a bit. It seems a little needlessly complicated at this point but that's never stopped them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

If I had feeds, I'd be canceling at that point.

Oh, once it gets down to Deref/ X/ Ky I will no longer be watching feeds. Maybe sooner. I’m already down to just a random check-in (and quick check-out, when the best thing they have to show is Deref devouring a bag of Lay’s.) 

But they’d have to pay me to watch just those 3, and my price is VERY high.

3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm confused. Are people saying there could be a Battle Back? So Derex or Britini could be back in the house? That doesn't sound right. 

If I understand it right, the battlers would be the next 2 evictees? So Tiff and probably Hannah?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm confused. Are people saying there could be a Battle Back? So Derex or Britini could be back in the house? That doesn't sound right. 

Maybe more like the last season of bb Canada just the two people evicted immediately battled back… no jury members

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe more like the last season of bb Canada just the two people evicted immediately battled back… no jury members

This makes more sense. 

35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It seems a little needlessly complicated at this point but that's never stopped them.

It really does. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

. It seems a little needlessly complicated at this point but that's never stopped them.

Also pointless, because I assume whoever gets back in will just be voted right back out again, unless they win HoH or get an immunity necklace. (I’m getting hyped up for Survivor!) But it’s a way to burn the second hour, I guess?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But it’s a way to burn the second hour, I guess?

Yes. It doesn't sound that entertaining though, which is all I care about. If it isn't going to change the status quo, I'd rather spend the time watching the HGs battle each other with pool noodles wearing blindfolds. No seriously, I'd like to see that. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

2 hours is a lot of time to fill. Even with a taped and edited show. Maybe, Tiff is evicted at the 15 minute mark and gets a long interview. Then they will announce the 2nd eviction to the HG with HOH, nominations and POV played and then someone evicted again. In theory, it could all be done in one hour like last week. So, the second hour I guess they could go to the jury house and then gear up for Friday’s HOH at the end. Does that sound somewhat reasonable or right? 

Couldn't they do basically a triple, with the doubles recorded to keep the time doable and then do a battleback leading right into a triple? 

So the first hour is the eviction and then a recorded double eviction, then a battle back and then a live hoh/pov/eviction to get to final four?

5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Couldn't they do basically a triple, with the doubles recorded to keep the time doable and then do a battleback leading right into a triple? 

So the first hour is the eviction and then a recorded double eviction, then a battle back and then a live hoh/pov/eviction to get to final four?

That would be so dumb lol. So yea, totally something they would do.

• LOL 8

Take this with many grains of salt but that Spoiler Girl person just tweeted that Tiffany was evicted.  X won HoH.  Veto may have been a tie breaker.  I’m not sure what the Veto part meant.  Maybe the second eviction was a tie breaking decision🤷🏻‍♀️
I guess she also tweeted that that the info she got might be a lie.

so basically nobody knows what’s going on

Edited by Coco88
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Coco88 said:

Take this with many grains of salt but that Spoiler Girl person just tweeted that Tiffany was evicted.  X won HoH and Veto may have been a tie breaker.  I’m not sure what the Veto part meant.  Maybe the second eviction was a tie breaking decision🤷🏻‍♀️

So if X won hoh who would he put up? Azah and Hannah?….. if he did.. Ky and Deref would have to vote opposite in order to have a tie with X breaking it….. would they do that?