Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Good morning! Sounds like things are lively in the house. (Not)

As usual everyone is sleeping this morning. Camera 1 shows Kyland sleeping. Not sure which room. It looks like HOH but that is Xavier's domain.

Ah ha! Camera 2 shows him in the Have Not room, sleeping in the slanting bed, except it looks like someone put crates under one end of it and it is level now. By the way the chess board is at the foot of the bed. Three balloons are hanging above Ky's bed. His slippers and a small bag (looks like a camera.case) are on the floor. I guess it's a small tote. Stanley is dismantled and lying flat in the jet ski. Another balloon is tucked into the middle of a life preserver.

Camera 3 shows the Joker room. Someone is gently snoring. Someone is in the end bed but I can't tell who. Derek or Azah, but it's not the bed Axah's been in for the past two months. Camera 4 shows the coffin bed and yes, in a strange turn of events, Azah is sleeping in it! So Derek must be in the end bed. 

Edited by Lamb18

They need to show A LOT more of the Jury House.  That's where the personalities are, the fun is.  They can just be themselves, since they no longer have to worry about competing.

Also, if there was no CO, the alliances in the house would have been different.  Some would not have lasted as long, while others would have gone further in the game.

• Love 7

I think alliances would mostly have followed the original teams. There'd be Frenchie and the Joker alliance, the Kings alliance, although I think Sarah Beth would have dropped out. Tiffany, Claire, Hannah and Derek X would have stayed aligned. I could see Kyland, Sarah Beth, Travis, Brent and Whitney in an alliance.

• Love 1

Derek and Xavier are talking about relationships and long distance relationships. Derek's not sure any man would go for a "bear" like him. He would like a "bear" for himself. Kyland, in his great wisdom, said the grass is greener where you water it. Xavier tells Derek not to be desperate but give himself options. Derek says no one's ever asked him out on a date. He's always done the asking. Derek is in the living room. Xavier is washing dishes. Can't tell what Kyland's doing at the kitchen island. Azah just joined them. Kyland is talking. As usual, it's hard to follow his meaning. Talks about having a lack. And something about being confident in your strengths.

Oh oh someone rolled the toilet paper under instead over! Kyland admonishes Derek, who is the guilty culprit. I guess the BUBBLES covered up a conversation about the best way to wipe yourself. But it is continuing. . . So are you a front to back or a back to front? You don't need to answer, that's what the four are asking each other. And more BUBBLES. Maybe TPTB are saving this conversation for the broadcast.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Kyland says the way to get over a fear of rejection is to go out and experience massive rejection.  You set yourself up to be rejected, like going to a store and asking for a 10% discount.

He thinks that being denied a store discount is “massive rejection”? Hoo boy is he in for a shock when he gets voted out of the house.

59 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

And more BUBBLES.

Every time I see those damn bubbles now, all I can think is they’re coming out of some giant elephant’s ass.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Every time I see those damn bubbles now, all I can think is they’re coming out of some giant elephant’s ass.

Julie really thought that was going to be some big reveal. And then it was a kid's dollar store bubble gun shooting out of an elephant's ass. This show. (I kinda love it.)

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Kyland says the way to get over a fear of rejection is to go out and experience massive rejection.  You set yourself up to be rejected, like going to a store and asking for a 10% discount.

Sounds like kyland has been in therapy with a Rational Emotive  therapist.

• Love 2

Every time anything Obama comes up, I always think of BB18 Jozea, solving wars in the world and within his own alliance while trying to lead a revolt of newbies versus vets. Da'Vonne roasted him appropriately once she got away - both because she was a vet that he told about this epic revolt plan and because of the Obama thing.
tumblr_o9nmlcG8lb1tyvan0o1_250.gif

Fun fact: According to Jozea, he was also the Messiah to the newbies, the next Mario Lopez, and the heart and soul of the house. In a shock to absolutely no one except Jozea, he was voted out in the first week.

• LOL 6

Ky wants to be besties with the Obamas and can’t stop talking about it. I don’t know many hours after that Hamsterwatch post, he was still hoping for a shout out, or (fingers crossed!) maybe even a phone call.

X would like to hear from Beyoncé, Jay-Z or Ariana Grande. (What, Frankie’s not good enough?)

Elsewhere, Deref and Azah have kissed and made up (for now). Azah reveals her strategic plan was always to go to the end with him and X. She figured out they had a F2 deal and ingratiated herself in there so they would bring her. She always knew she would have to win the final comp to go farther than 3, and that is what she is banking on. Deref thinks her strategy was brilliant.

He knows he has to bring it on in the final comps but doesn’t know what to expect. Azah told him the comps will be endurance, skill, and mental. Deref says forget endurance, he knows he can’t do that. He is banking on winning Skill. He doesn’t know what a skill comp means, but he is banking on it. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Every time anything Obama comes up, I always think of BB18 Jozea, solving wars in the world and within his own alliance while trying to lead a revolt of newbies versus vets. Da'Vonne roasted him appropriately once she got away - both because she was a vet that he told about this epic revolt plan and because of the Obama thing.
tumblr_o9nmlcG8lb1tyvan0o1_250.gif

Fun fact: According to Jozea, he was also the Messiah to the newbies, the next Mario Lopez, and the heart and soul of the house. In a shock to absolutely no one except Jozea, he was voted out in the first week.

I wonder what BB OTT would have been like if viewers had voted Jozea into the game instead of Jason. Would Kryssie have sacrificed herself on Jozea's altar like she did on Jason's?

• LOL 1

Good morning! Another snoozy morning in the BB house. All is gray and dim except for the beams of light shining down on the jet ski and the Coffin bed. When I opened the feeds.this morning I thought they were stuck on yesterday morning because the camera views are the same.

So, camera 1 is on Kyland as he snoozes in the Have Not room. The Have Not room is Kyland's haven to which he can retreat and ponder the new day's challenges of living in the BB house. This room may seem dingy and dusty with cast-off furnishings (like a jet ski), but it is the perfect refuge to retire to after an arduous day of sitting around and doing nothing. Some day, thinks Kyland, the world will appreciate his platitudes of jargon and this little room will have a memorial plaque over the door saying "Ky's Hermitage." The room will have Successory posters of his on the wall quoting his own sayings, like the kitten hanging from a tree branch: "Hang in there and you will be HOH!"

Camera 2 shows the wide view of the Have Not room aka Ky's Hermitage. The jet ski, dismembered Stanley and balloons still in place.

Camera 3 shows a closeup of Derek sleeping on a regular bed in the Joker room. 

Camera 4 shows Azah back in her normal bed and the Coffin bed shining brightly in the light of the Exit sign. 

I think the house guests have unlimited sleep-in these last few days.

• LOL 2

Xavier is in the Joker bedroom talking about getting married, having kids to Azah. Can't see Azah so she must be on the big blue couch. Derek says to Azah "Are you still in bed? Get your ass up, you are an employee of CBS and need to get up. What if they call you to the Diary Room and you say you need time to get ready? I hope they say No!" Xavier says something to the effect Derek is exaggerating. Azah imitating her mother is pretty funny.

Back to Xavier's marital future, ideally he would like to have kids around age 30. But if he gets married at 30 then the kids would come later. He'd like some time between marriage and kids, but if they come earlier than expected, that's OK.

Xavier leaves the room and Azah calls him back to ask if he'd like some watermelon sour patch candy. Xavier says thanks, but no candy before breakfast.

Kyland is washing dishes. Xavier and Derek are playing cards. X says "you look like Michael Jackson Thriller." BUBBLES, then they come back to Derek and X talking about someone's brassiere. Kyland is banging those dishes around.

X and Derek said they want more Kylands on next season. Plus more Azahs and Hannah's. In the background you hear SWAT! SWAT! Kyland's swatting flies. He walks into view, holding a spatula upright. Derek asks if he used the spatula to kill a fly. Kyland says Yes, he hasn't washed it yet. Mmmmm, let's flip those pancakes!!

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 2
On 9/21/2021 at 4:27 AM, 30 Helens said:

Aaand… all this delusional thinking almost makes me feel a little bit sorry for him. To his credit, he is actually still trying to play, while the rest of the sea slugs are rolling around in complacency and ennui. BUT, there are a few things Ky left off his study list:

• interpersonal relationships 
  • humility
  • how not to be a jackass

Maybe if he’d spent more time on those and less time on calculating the ideal ratio of body fat to muscle, he’d be in a better position.

Well, Kyland knows HOW to be a jackass of clubs.

• Love 1

And now Masterchef Derek is cutting a pineapple for the first time and complaining about it. Kyland's going to make some eggs and is getting the pan ready. Look! He's using a spatula! Looks just like the one he swatted a fly with.

Derek hears a ticking noise and asks what it is. It's Xavier stirring eggs in a metal bowl. Kyland's swishing the melting butter in the pan. You can hear it sizzle back on the flame.

Derek is hassling Xavier, asking for his lunch money.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

X and Derek said they want more Kylands on next season. Plus more Azahs and Hannah's. In the background you hear SWAT! SWAT! Kyland's swatting flies. He walks into view, holding a spatula upright. Derek asks if he used the spatula to kill a fly. Kyland says Yes, he hasn't washed it yet. Mmmmm, let's flip those pancakes!!

Now I'm trying to think what my ideal BB24 cast would be in BB23 terms. Hmm...

2 Xaviers (all-arounders)
2 Hannahs (quiet manipulators)
2 Tiffanies (masterminds at war)
2 Alyssas (flies in the ointment)
2 Claires (good-hearted minions with spreadsheets)
2 Derexes (noobs with skills)
1 Christian (the obligatory physical comp threat)
2 Frenchies (because good feeds)

...and maybe an Azah if she actually pulls out the F3 HoH. Otherwise, what the hell, throw in another Frenchie. #teamchaos

ETA: Wait, do we need a Sarah Beth to be a general irritant? Trade you a Claire for one of those.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Love 6

Kyland, in his circumvoluted way, tells Derek he complains too much. Instead of complaining, say that you're happy to be in the Big Brother house. Derek says, Oh, OK.

A sad story from Azah:

When she was little, her dad gave Azah and her sister a Second Saga (?), a type of play station. She and her sister had a lot of fun playing with it. One day a boy came over whose mother had died. Azah's dad had told the boy he would give the boy anything he wanted. So the boy said he wanted a Second Saga. He remind Azah's dad of his promise. So the dad gave Azah's Second Saga to the boy and never gave another one to Azah and her sister. A relative or friend of the family then gave Azah and her sister a Nintendo for Christmas with some games. Azah and her sister really liked it and played with it a lot. Well the boy came to visit again. Azah thought "Oh no!" but she didn't have time to hide the Nintendo. The boy wanted to play with it, and when he was leaving, said "Uncle, I want to have a Nintendo."  So the dad took the sisters' Nintendo and the games and gave them to the boy. And he never got a new one for Azah and her sister.

So I couldn't help thinking, this is how girls learn that if a boy or man wants something of theirs, they have to give it to them. And also that young men learn they are entitled to anything a girl or woman owns, and she is supposed to give it to him if he wants it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

My TV guide tells me there is a veto episode tonight after the 2 hr Survivor premiere.

I never say this, but I think I have too much television to watch tonight. (I'm not even counting the 2 episodes of The Circle I haven't watched yet!) 

My life is so hard. (TM Big D) 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Kyland, in his circumvoluted way, tells Derek he complains too much. Instead of complaining, say that you're happy to be in the Big Brother house. Derek says, Oh, OK.

#KyComplains is telling someone to stop complaining and count their blessings?  I think he needs to take a really close look at this season and enroll in a few hundred courses in self-awareness and projection.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, for some reason there's an ep tonight, tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday. And then a 2 hour finale. There's way too much time left for 3 people. 1 of those eps should be a full hour of the jury.

one will be the recap episode. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

According to Taran's update we have an explanation about Kyland's tortilla smelling. Kyland said Big Brother producers are washing the outside packages and the soap can get it into the tortillas. Of course no one else noticed this. 

I think I would prefer the soap over whatever Ky is rubbing on them from his nose. (But I will say tonight’s extended sequence of Ky sniffing everything in sight was hilarious. Disgusting, but hilarious.)

• Love 2

Deref tells Azah who will win in each F2 scenario: X will win against Azah. Azah will win against Deref, because of all the females on the jury who will bond together and support their sister. Also, she’s played a transparent, sociable game and some people will respect that.  But when it comes to X vs Deref, it’s a toss up.

Azah: ”Why?” (EXCELLENT QUESTION.)

Because they’ve done everything evenly. Deref came up with the Cookout; X came up with the name. When there were cracks in the alliance, Deref fixed them. (I think he has “fixed” confused with “caused”.) They made a final 2 on day one, and from that point on planned all their moves together. X won comps; Deref won the social game. Both of them went on the block, and neither of them went home.

SEE? THEY’RE THE SAME.

According to Deref, X views him as the best person to take to the end.   
Azah:  “Why? You said he would win against me, and the two of you had an equal chance.” 
Deref: “Because he sees me as riding his coattails.” 
Azah: “But that’s what you say about me! …I don’t understand.”

Neither do I, Azah. Neither do I.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But I will say tonight’s extended sequence of Ky sniffing everything in sight was hilarious. Disgusting, but hilarious.)

I feel bad saying it, but that montage, with X's horrified expression, was my biggest laugh of the season. I was literally crying. 

• Love 3

I don't think 1 person 'came up' with the alliance. They just sort of came together naturally. I believe it was X that came up with the name, but it may actually have been Deref and maybe that's why he's so adamant that he started the alliance. Tiffany is the person who came up with the 'plus 1' plan.

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But when it comes to X vs Deref, it’s a toss up.

Not even close.  The jury will respect the game that X played.  He was good at comps without getting a lot of blood on his hands.

If there was no CO, neither Big D or Azah would have gotten this far.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

If there was no CO, neither Big D or Azah would have gotten this far.

I actually don't think X would have either. The team twist might have helped him though.

Honestly, everyone in the CO was immensely helped by being in the CO. And that was the point of it lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I don't know if there was a different feeds moment outside what they showed on the show of them all (save Hannah) in the kitchen and realized they were seeing the numbers and loosely aligned with the Cookout name right then and there. Taran claimed they weren't really solidified though until Tiffany committed to giving up her own game/took control (Week three/Brent eviction maybe?) I think it helped that most of the non cookout also wanted to get rid of Travis/Brent/Frenchie and eventually Christian. I'm still not sure why everyone else went along with keying on Whitney except that she was flirty with all the boys and that made Azah and Alyssa  and Derek F annoyed at her. 

• Love 2

Good morning! Everyone's still sleeping in the Big Brother house. Everyone working cameras is reading a book, fiddling with their phone or listening to music as there is nothing else for them to do. All the production assistants are at Denny's having one of those super-sized breakfasts. 

Camera #1 again shows Kyland tucked up in bed w/ balloons hovering over his left shoulder. Camera 2, again, shows the Have Not room w/Kyland in the corner. A t the foot of his bed are the chessboard, a mug w/some brown liquid in it, a little bottle of mineral water and a small flashlight.

Camera 3 shows a close-up of the Coffin bed, pillows, blankets, duvets scattered around. Sticking out from under a blanket is either a) a stuffed animal head, or b) a bonnet on the top of Azah's head.

Camera 4 shows a dim scene of Derek in bed. He is really in a dark corner.

• Love 1

I remember The Cookout being formed week one. I have remember Big D, Azah, X and Tiffany talking about it, but I don't know who actually brought it up first since I feel like that must have happened when feeds were down. Didn't Azah reveal the name to Hannah during the week Brent went home? Because for awhile it was The Cookout + Hannah or at least in Azah's mind it was. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, everyone in the CO was immensely helped by being in the CO. And that was the point of it lol.

That's why that's always such a puzzler. "Derek F and Azah don't deserve to win, all they did was form a dominant alliance that dominated the game. But what ELSE have they done?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think we can all agree that Deref did not singlehandedly form the alliance, as he believes. That just points to the extent of his delusion, and how badly he needed to convince himself that he did something other than lay in bed and act clownish all summer. He also sees himself as the peacemaker (which was definitely X’s job). I guess he’s forgotten about the time he was fighting with Tiffany in the storage room, and all the other times he was mad at her or Azah, or just grumbling about how he couldn’t stand all the women and wanted them out.

But that’s our Deref. He’s a uniter, not a divider. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think we can all agree that Deref did not singlehandedly form the alliance, as he believes. That just points to the extent of his delusion, and how badly he needed to convince himself that he did something other than lay in bed and act clownish all summer. He also sees himself as the peacemaker (which was definitely X’s job). I guess he’s forgotten about the time he was fighting with Tiffany in the storage room, and all the other times he was mad at her or Azah, or just grumbling about how he couldn’t stand all the women and wanted them out.

But that’s our Deref. He’s a uniter, not a divider. 

Oh yeah, Derek sucks as a person, but as a BB player, he's played things fine. 

• Love 2