Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Ky also compared Deref to Memphis

The first thing that popped into mind when I read this was: he called Deref a womanizer? God, I can't wait to hear the Ky-logic on that one.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think he was referring to the time when Memphis, Nicole and some others were making fun of Ian and got spanked on Twitter for it. Memphis was involved in that, right?

Yeah, I think so. Franzel took most of the heat for it and lost her wine sponsorships but I thought it was Memphis actually saying the stuff and her and others reacting.

Memphis was also accused of being racist towards David and that was another big social media thing until the edit didn't back it up and it just kind of petered off.

• Useful 1

Azah doesn’t understand why Deref keeps saying he’s having a hard time choosing between his final 3 deal and his best friend. Because she’s his best friend, and she’s in his final 3 deal along with X. (Um…)

X warns Deref that if he can’t make up his mind, he’s going to pull Azah off the block and replace her with him. Deref says don’t worry, he’ll do what needs to be done, it’s just harrrrd.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2021 at 8:24 AM, ByaNose said:

I’m not sure what Ky is really like but in this game he wanted it so bad to be him & X in the end. Although, he said he wanted to be in the finals with the best I think what he really meant was that he thought he could beat X.

Ky has said that he wants to go to the end with X, lose and then be called back and win like Cody did.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

[X] really should have chosen something he knew more about.

The funny thing is, he actually was a bartender.

9 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I heard Claire mention something about DF/boxing, but it was very brief. 

I've heard Deref talk to people about boxing. I'm guessing maybe he told them he boxes or grew up with boxing or something but didn't mention his father's name.

• Useful 1

I am not going to pile on Ky.  He is hardly this monster that he is being portrayed.  There have been HGs on BB who were A LOT worse.  And looking at his IG, he does have a sense of activism as a person of color.

Sara Beth is hardly this innocent victim.  She is incredibly annoying with her air of entitlement.  She comes off fake.  And look at how Tiffany mocked bestie Claire after she was evicted.  For what??? Her alliance turned around and voted her off the next week.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So at some point, Kyland insulted Deref's cooking and I guess there has been a whole day of sniping at each other and eventually Deref got mad. Ky, rather than apologizing, chose to mansplain Kysplain why Deref's butthurt feelings were the wrong feelings to be having. In the end, they kissed and made up shook hands and hugged. Deref later asked for a divorce and then got nostalgic for Frenchie. There truly is a lid for every pot.

Kyland then addressed the camera to whine some more about how Xavier doesn't care about going to the end with a competitor which probably violates some random ass Jedi code or something, I dunno. Kyland is clearly a man of honour and Xavier isn't. Also Ky can't wait to see back the footage of when he manipulated Sarah Beth during her HoH. You can't make it up. Also just like TARA KELLY MUSIC, his relationship with Sarah Beth is platonic. Also also here comes the address to Xavier's family again with a plea that he hopes Xavier doesn't raise his nephew to be a coward or take the easy way. Like his uncle was unsaid but.

If you're wondering why it's all Ky, all the time, Deref is Derefing and Azah Gheesling is over there with the Bible reading strategy when Xavier isn't trying to convince her to keep him over Deref in between pacing sessions where he debates about the Veto with himself. Ky's the only one who occasionally shows signs of life but it's just to whine for forty minutes a night before he crashes.

I’m nominating this entire post for the Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting.  But also for Comedy.  This was great 

Edited by Never Again
For and foe do not mean the same thing
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So I did a dive last night to see but after a couple of searches on different platforms, I can only find that Kyland has an ADHD diagnosis and is medicated for it (his dosage is correct for a real world situation according to him, but not the Big Brother house). I saw some people who thought that being neurodivergent means that you're autistic but it doesn't - autism is a type of neurodivergence but neurodivergence doesn't always equal autism. I saw someone say that his sister was tweeting in his defense over the tortilla face bath that he has sensory issues but that also isn't an only autism thing (and in fact can be an ADHD thing - they share some similarities) and still doesn't explain why he was using it the same way I hold a tissue to my face when I want to blow my nose. Sniff it, don't wear it.

I still don’t want anyone else eating that tortilla.

• Love 4

The funniest thing from yesterday is Deref telling X he will be crying when he comes back from the DR to evict Kyland and X goes you have to say it in front of everyone and Deref told him he might not be able to do it and X goes did you plan on going through this game not making any big moves?

• LOL 2

So Xavier will not use the veto and get Big D to evict Kyland and thereby keep his own hands clean. He knows he will win against Azah or Big D.

The best scenario with those 3 as f3 would be for Azah to win final HOH and cut Xavier. It would be hilarious. And a great end to a boring and predictable season. 

Go Azah go! You can do this! 

• Love 15

Sounds like Azah and DerF have been getting into it today; DerF has apparently been sounding off about “all the things” he’s done to protect Azah - and apparently implying Azah has done little to nothing game-wise in the process - and Azah is royally pissed pissed off about it, saying DerF is taking WAY too much credit for himself.

As God is my witness I don’t know which side I stand with on this argument - I mean, they’re both right to a degree….

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Sounds like Azah and DerF have been getting into it today; DerF has apparently been sounding off about “all the things” he’s done to protect Azah - and apparently implying Azah has done little to nothing game-wise in the process - and Azah is royally pissed pissed off about it, saying DerF is taking WAY too much credit for himself.

As God is my witness I don’t know which side I stand with on this argument - I mean, they’re both right to a degree….

I think in this particular fight, Azah is clearly in the right, since Derek had no reason to pick this fight.

• Love 6

Yea, The Oaf has literally slept his way through this game, not even in the way that most other people have slept their way through this game. Him taking any kind of credit for anything is total bullshit. However, Azah has done the exact same amount, she's just been awake for more of it. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

From Joker’s:

Mon 1:16 PM PT DF says if they had a ranking system of who did the most for Cookout - it would be X and Ky and then him and then Tiff.

I mean, WOOOOWWWW.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yoda_self-delusion.thumb.jpg.ca318cf77a92513477d5965eab1fe68c.jpg

When arrogance meets stupidity, the potential is endless. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

If X doesn't take this as a clear sign that he CANNOT trust Deref to vote Ky and pull Azah off the block on Thursday out then X deserves to lose to Ky in the finale.

Well… To be frank, what’s best for X’s game is not what’s best for DerF‘s game:

• Ky is X’s main competition because Ky is the only HG who can challenge X at F2 on comp wins; not the only criterion to be sure - and I still think X would beat Ky regardless - but a not-insignificant factor, still.
  • For DerF, however, comp wins don’t even approach being an issue; his only route to F2 is as a goat - and DerF’s primary competition in that respect is Azah.  Getting rid of Azah at this point gives DerF better-than-even odds at attaining one of the two F2 chairs.
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think in this particular fight, Azah is clearly in the right, since Derek had no reason to pick this fight.

Why the hell would DerF initiate this discussion at this time anyway???  Is DerF simply THAT needy for external validation?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Azah also made sure SB knew exactly why she had to evict her, going a step further than even Ky by actually saying she had a 'mission.' Also, Azah actually had a great relationship with the first 4 members of the jury.

Her social game is underrated and surprisingly good which is amazing considering I think she spent 18 hours a day lounging in bed. I'm sure the meals she made that didn't have sour meat in them helped.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm sure the meals she made that didn't have sour meat in them helped.

She really did implement the Jun strategy!

Another thing about Azah, she point blank told multiple HOHs that she would have nommed them if she had won and/or asked to be nommed and yet didn't hit the block until F4.

Her game truly is underrated and X's is way overrated imo.

I gotta say, Azah winning would maybe be Paul losing twice levels of amazing to me lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I'm all in on this Azah train - and it's not even for the lulz! I actually think someone could make a great argument for her win. I don't know if that person is Azah but I'm sure whatever she could come up with will be better than "You know me, I'm Ginamarie. And I can only be the best Ginamarie that I can be!" which is really the gold standard for final speeches IMO.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well… To be frank, what’s best for X’s game is not what’s best for DerF‘s game:

• Ky is X’s main competition because Ky is the only HG who can challenge X at F2 on comp wins; not the only criterion to be sure - and I still think X would beat Ky regardless - but a not-insignificant factor, still.
  • For DerF, however, comp wins don’t even approach being an issue; his only route to F2 is as a goat - and DerF’s primary competition in that respect is Azah.  Getting rid of Azah at this point gives DerF better-than-even odds at attaining one of the two F2 chairs.

If X doesn’t realize that he and Deref may have different goals, then he deserves to be screwed over. But no way does Deref see himself as a goat. He probably thinks his presence would be the best way to fulfill Ky’s goal of having the 2 strongest players at the end.

41 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Why the hell would DerF initiate this discussion at this time anyway???  Is DerF simply THAT needy for external validation?

They’re probably just as stir crazy and irritable as the rest of us, and ready to snap at anything. At least the squabbles are making feeds (a little) entertaining.

35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm sure the meals she made that didn't have sour meat in them helped.

Ky sniffed the last piece of suspect meat she prepared and deemed it ok. (It wasn’t.) Azah should have asked him to fully wrap and wipe his nose in it for a more reliable test. Live and learn.

• LOL 7
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've heard Deref talk to people about boxing. I'm guessing maybe he told them he boxes or grew up with boxing or something but didn't mention his father's name.

They don’t know he’s Joe Frazier’s son. If they did they’d have been making comments about it from time to time and at least some of us would have picked up on them.

I do remember an extended conversation in the BY about the Rocky films with Deref, Britini (and I think Azah and Christian). Britini was going on and on about them, saying she and her dad have watched each one numerous times-it’s like comfort food for them. Deref chimed in that he loves them, too. No mention of his dad. Britini’s reaction to finding out that Deref is Joe Frazier’s son could be a much needed bit of humor during what could be an emotionally fraught Finale Night.

Edited by TimWil
42 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Deref mentioned last night Britini never met a gay person is that true? I find that hard to believe in this day of age. 

I can believe that she's been sheltered enough that she doesn't know much about other people's private lives PERIOD.

• Love 3

what’s best for X’s game is not what’s best for DerF‘s game

This assume he cares/understands what's best for DF's game and for DF to care/understand what is best for X's, but again the lack of relationship means they don't we have three assholes all behaving irrationally and then Azah who is rational (will boot ky and if possible X over DF) but also tells everyone what's she's gonna do and is lucky it's not sabatoging her because every one around her is so much worse than her at this. Azah easily would have my vote over these three dumbass men.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

Xavier currently telling Azah that if he 'gets any inkling' that DF can't pull the boot Ky trigger he will pull Azah down. Apparently the last three days of DF saying he doesn't want to do it don't amount to 'an inkling' for Xavier. 

• LOL 10

Just caught up with the Big D & Izah fight. Big D is hysterical claiming all the stuff he did to maneuver in the “background”.  Did he do this from his bed or the couch? If he and Azah should make the Final 2 I can see that being one of the questions. Big D, we on the jury are wondering what you did to get you to the Final 2? Besides the alliance what exactly did you do? Remember we know the truth. Go ahead. That should take 30 seconds. I know they only give 2 minutes or so but even I don’t think he could fill that time up. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Just caught up with the Big D & Izah fight. Big D is hysterical claiming all the stuff he did to maneuver in the “background”.  Did he do this from his bed or the couch? If he and Azah should make the Final 2 I can see that being one of the questions. Big D, we on the jury are wondering what you did to get you to the Final 2? Besides the alliance what exactly did you do? Remember we know the truth. Go ahead. That should take 30 seconds. I know they only give 2 minutes or so but even I don’t think he could fill that time up. 

Well, he always sadly evoted the right person.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Deref mentioned last night Britini never met a gay person is that true? I find that hard to believe in this day of age. 

I don’t believe she never met a gay person, but I can believe she doesn’t know she met a gay person. Especially if she’s not perceptive. I mean, I’m pretty perceptive and yet there was a time I worked with this guy and liked him yet never gave any thought to his personal life and then one day I went to a gay bar and there he was and it was like, “Hey! Whaddayaknow” and so you should never presume.

11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Big D is hysterical claiming all the stuff he did to maneuver in the “background”.  Did he do this from his bed or the couch? If he and Azah should make the Final 2 I can see that being one of the questions

If it comes down to a final comp between Azah and Deref, there should be some kind of bed-off. Even if it’s like a mattress suspended in mid-air that they have to cling to, or something. Because bed is what they’re both best at. Just don’t bring snoring into it, or Deref will have an unfair advantage. (Seriously, have you seen people trying to have a conversation in a room where he’s sleeping? It’s deafening.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, blixie said:

It's Joe. Smokin' Joe Frazier.l 

Yes, sorry, I realized that and corrected it before reading this. Maybe the mentions of the Foreman grill earlier messed with my head?

• LOL 1

Feeds report: X may be losing it. He’s walking around breathing heavily and whispering to himself. Sniffing like a cocaine addict and applying Chapstick every 45 seconds or so. I can’t make out many of his whispers, only occasional phrases like “3 kings and one king” and “strong, strong”. 

He did chat briefly with his luggage as he put it in the closet: “you go up top”, and with the contents of his refrigerator: “you’re for breakfast”, and “puddin’ cup!” before reverting to whispers. He’s like a prisoner who’s been locked in solitary confinement for too long.

He sought out Deref and tried to have some human conversation, but Deref was too mad at Azah and her “‘tude” and wanted to be left alone.

So now on feeds we have Deref in bed, eyes closed and huffing, and Azah in the hammock, staring into space and looking annoyed.

At least last year at this time, Cody, Nicole and Enzo were still talking to each other and in good moods. This is depressing.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, blixie said:

This assume he cares/understands what's best for DF's game and for DF to care/understand what is best for X's

My statement was not an assumption, but a statement of fact; how X interprets (or misinterprets) that fact within the context of the game is an entirely separate discussion.

I checked in on the feeds periodically tonight, and here is what I saw:

• Deref snoring 
  • X and Azah complaining that it is so boring now that there is no game to play. All they can do is sit around and wait.
  • Deref snoring
  • Azah asking X to cuddle and being rejected
  • Ky working out in the backyard
  • X listening to music on his headphones 
  • Deref snoring

Then, when everyone else was fast asleep, Ky lay on the hammock and listed his credentials. These are all the things he did to prepare for the game:

• Studied psychology 
  • Studied conflict resultion
  • Changed his sleep schedule
  • Studied interviews with past finalists
  • Changed his diet
  • Hundreds of hours of brain puzzles
  • Watched and rewatched past episodes
  • Changed his workout, because he noticed that historically, less than 20% of men in the final 3 have muscled physiques
  • Read articles on past players and their strategies

He says that after all this work, going on the block first week was devastating. But he fought back. He feels he has no reason not to trust X, but that’s what the show does— it makes you paranoid. 

He recognizes that if X is lying, he will look like a fool. But if everything goes as planned, he and X will be a team for the ages. They will be up there with the Renegades and the Hitmen. It’s actually a good thing that he lost the veto, because now X can use it on him. This will cement their bond, and their place in history.

Aaand… all this delusional thinking almost makes me feel a little bit sorry for him. To his credit, he is actually still trying to play, while the rest of the sea slugs are rolling around in complacency and ennui. BUT, there are a few things Ky left off his study list:

• interpersonal relationships 
  • humility
  • how not to be a jackass

Maybe if he’d spent more time on those and less time on calculating the ideal ratio of body fat to muscle, he’d be in a better position.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Aaand… all this delusional thinking almost makes me feel a little bit sorry for him. To his credit, he is actually still trying to play, while the rest of the sea slugs are rolling around in complacency and ennui.

Wow, that's just painful. For the viewers and for the hamsters. It's like we're  watching prisoners in their cells desperate for parole. Fun viewing. 

Yesterday I watched a YouTube clip from early in the game, just after Frenchie left. The house was just bursting with joy and energy, everyone laughing, dancing and acting silly.

Too bad BB seasons didn't run backwards. You'd start with a tiny group of angry, sluggish, paranoid hamsters who couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, and eventually end up with a house bursting with excited, joyful hamsters who couldn't wait to wake up in the morning so they could entertain us. I don't know how it would work prize-wise but it would be great for my mental health. So much better than this Dead Man Walking thing we have have going on right now. 

• Love 5

. But if everything goes as planned, he and X will be a team for the ages. They will be up there with the Renegades and the Hitmen. 

hahahahaha give it to me. Was it morpheus or Ky that said: Welcome to Reality....

• LOL 1