Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

They discuss the new CBS diversity directives. Obviously, they all think it’s great. But Deref would like to take it a step further, and hopes they will also make efforts to include all body types, sexual orientations, religions, nationalities, etc.

And for maybe the first time, I’m actually on board with Deref!

He goes on to say he’s proud to have represented a different kind of gay man. In the past, all the gay men on BB have been Broadway-loving, showtune-listening, effeminate men. Whereas Deref is athletic, comfortable around all kinds of guys, and gets along with everyone. 

Aaand just like that, I’m back off board. Because no. On all counts, just no.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Finally, talk turns to Ky’s exit.

”CBS saw some black shit tonight,” X jokes. 
Azah laughs. “This will be the gif of the season!”

They recreate their reactions. X does his stony-faced stance. He scoffs at Kyland’s reaction to being blindsided: “We’ve been doing it all season, and not one of them walked out like that.”

Deref is mad because Ky walked out wearing his ring. He says he was surprised to see it on Ky’s hand right before the eviction, because he did not lend it to him. He asked Ky why he was wearing it because it’s too big for him. Ky responded “no, it’s not” and then walked out with it still on, and Deref thinks that’s tacky.

They all go to bed, and the room fan cuts out. Instead of just changing rooms, they all stay there while Deref complains loudly. The fan doesn’t come back, but then some never-before-seen nightlights come on, in the form of frames around the mirrors, and they are all delighted. Drunk hamsters are so easily distracted.

• LOL 6
56 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Deref was asking X about the last 2 finale comps. So I guess the first was already played?

First round was played and won by Xavier (no surprise there). Whoever wins the second round will face him in the final round for last HoH of the season.

ETA: Oh God, please have the second round be the one where they have to scale a wall and do a memory challenge. Can you imagine Azah and Deref flailing around in harnesses in mid-air? That would be amazing.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

I was the one who had a soft spot for Ky through this season, but referring to a boy (I don't know Coby's age, sorry) who just recently lost his FATHER and using him and his father's death for a f..ing game and some money, that's DISGUSTING. I don't think I have ever been so much disgusted by a houseguest before.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, himela said:

I was the one who had a soft spot for Ky through this season, but referring to a boy (I don't know Coby's age, sorry) who just recently lost his FATHER and using him and his father's death for a f..ing game and some money, that's DISGUSTING. I don't think I have ever been so much disgusted by a houseguest before.

Yeah, there's "On my daughter's birthday!" level of delusion and then there's Ky...  

• Love 6

I guess you guys never heard the shit they were saying to Cody Nickson about his daughter and his parenting while also trying to trigger a PTSD freak out from him. And then there was Whistle Nut what's his face that said something about making Kevin's kids watch as he raped their mom or something. Didn't Paulie talk shit about Da'Vonne's parenting? Which is to say that it's never right but Kyland's "But your nephew"ing was pretty low on the scale compared to Alex-or-Raven saying that Cody's daughter should be taken away from him because he was a fucked up piece of shit and would probably go on a PTSD murder spree (I think the second part was said quietly and away from him but the first was to his face).

Side note: I hate Cody Nickson but I hate Paul and their FRIENDSHIP cult even more.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Think about it this way, RAVEN had more sense of decorum than Kyland does.

I know this is outside the parent shit talking part of it but decorum and Raven in the same sentence - in Raven's favour! - is honestly not a thing I ever thought I'd see. I mean:
raven+gif.gif

I'll take "GIFs I Can Hear" for 300, Jeopardy! host du jour.

(Thinking back, I think it was Alex that said that to Cody - and I believe the start of the argument was that stupid fight over the cereal. Because that's a fair response to someone eating the last bowl of Cap'n Crunch or whatever it was.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

decorum and Raven in the same sentence - in Raven's favour! - is honestly not a thing I ever thought I'd see. 

It feels bizarre to write it myself! And yet, even Raven knew to tone her shit down on live television, but not Kyland, for some reason. And this was PLANNED by Kyland, like a little sociopath!

• Love 11

This morning I woke up imagining the various F2 options in my head. (You know you watch too much BB when...) 

1. X and Azah. An elegant and dignified couple. X wins, Azah comes second. I'd love to see this. 

2. X and Deref. Eh, okay I guess. X wins, Deref comes second but is positive he was robbed. 

3. Deref and Azah. The gong show option. Imagine if a full season of masterful and brilliant gameplay results in Deref or Azah winning. (I suspect Deref would win, only because for reasons unknown to the rest of humanity, most of the jurors really like him.) 

• Love 7

I am probably the only one who gets why Ky was so mad.

I mean no one is confused why Ky is mad, but this game necessitates betrayal and Ky seems to think that his betrayal of Derek to take X to final 2 is honorable while X's betrayal of Ky to take Derek F to final two makes him unfit as role model for his nephew and the entirety of black male culture. His delusional arrogance is deeply embarrassing and thus very enjoyable to watch, but it is no less delusional arrogance, and it was completely off sides to bring up X's family especially a kid who just lost his dad. 

I'm still made he didn't ask Julie about his phone call from the Obamas.

Shit they already did part 1, do we know who won? n/m saw X won as expected.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think Big D was offended that Ky was more upset with X then him. LOL!!! When Ky was going at it with X it looked like Big D was trying to interfere and be all, Wait! I evicted you. It was my move. Even then Big D was just an after thought. Too funny!

Well, according to Big D he was in a showmance with Ky.  Lazy as he is, he was practically off the couch - even before Julie told him to get up to cast his vote.  He knew that moment would be on him and was ready with his headband, lol.  Big D is BB delusional, arrogant, over the top.  If he is in the Final 2, expect some major shade from him.  He's been rehearsing kissing up to the jury.

• Love 7

I remember the Cody stuff which is why I stopped watching 19 until the finale because I couldn't root for anyone. I remember the Da'vonne stuff as well.

Apparently Kyland's exit interview with Sharon from US Weekly is 7+ minutes long and her reaction was Yikes. So his exit interview press should be interesting.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Which is to say that it's never right but Kyland's "But your nephew"ing was pretty low on the scale

You know how you know this is true? My eye didn't Mr. Demartino itself in rage like it did with the other ones. It just got a little wide for a second, then rolled very hard in the back of my head, along with the other one.

It's like a serial killer "for" (stay with me).  Ex: "Ted Bundy was handsome" FOR a serial killer (I don't think so but you get what I'm saying). The bar changes because of the specifics we're talking about - in this case, awful BB constestants acting awfully - but the general idea remains. Ky's Infamous Nephew Dig (tm) is low on the scale for BB, but a totally dick thing in general.

Maybe we should call it the Demartino Scale in honor of my poor eye.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
had to capitalize scale for a title so dignified.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

This morning I woke up imagining the various F2 options in my head. (You know you watch too much BB when...) 

1. X and Azah. An elegant and dignified couple. X wins, Azah comes second. I'd love to see this. 

2. X and Deref. Eh, okay I guess. X wins, Deref comes second but is positive he was robbed. 

3. Deref and Azah. The gong show option. Imagine if a full season of masterful and brilliant gameplay results in Deref or Azah winning. (I suspect Deref would win, only because for reasons unknown to the rest of humanity, most of the jurors really like him.) 

DO the other jurors like him though?? I don’t see a world in which Derek X, Claire, Tiffany and Hannah don’t vote for Azah over Derek F. And I think Britini was close with both of them so she could go either way. I guess I could see Sarah Beth and maybe Alyssa voting for DF?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

DO the other jurors like him though

You could be right. Even though Azah has been my favourite HG, it's just so hard to get my head around the idea of her winning the whole thing. Or Deref to be fair. I really hope X wins so I don't have to decide what I think. 

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

The jury is very heavy with women so they could all vote Azah just for that reason when faced with 2 weak finalists.  I can see Tiffany leading the charge.

• Love 3

DO the other jurors like him though??

Yeah exactly which jurors think more highly of Derek F than Azah? Those people there and they know who was up from the day bed more and who made even passing attempt at "playing" the game instead of talking shit on a hammock and sleeping 22 hours a day.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Can't image a jury consisting of 7 women voting for him over Azah who at least won a comp and is a kind person even if she didn't do much game-wise.

This is logical and yet people in there seemed to have a real fondness for him. 

• Love 2

Well, Azah has at least won one HOH and if she wins the final HOH and boots X, I don't see how Deref makes the argument to this particular jury that he has done more than her and should win, and I don't see the likes of Tiffany, Hannah, Claire, Derex, or Britini or even X for that matter, voting for Deref over her.  Azah should win, no-brainer, if she's sitting next to Deref.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Not to mention his misogynistic attitude which he hasn't exactly been hiding since day one. Can't image a jury consisting of 7 women voting for him over Azah who at least won a comp and is a kind person even if she didn't do much game-wise.

I don’t recall Deref ever flaunting his misogyny in front of the women. I think even he is probably smart enough not to do that. (I’m not sure, though.) The only rants I ever heard about useless fe-males were to Ky and X. 

I was sure the women on the jury would support Azah until I saw their disappointment and disgust over how she mishandled her HoH. That could work against her. But in the end, I do think she would win against Deref. (I do kind of want to see him get to the end, just to see the jurors’ faces when he lists his many mythical accomplishments, including taking credit for the whole CO.)

2 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I would like to see Kyland turn the jury against X and since everybody liked DerekF, he would win. 

I don’t think Kyland’s turning anyone at this point. They all have his number, and they’re over it.

Side note: Ky’s meltdown shows the dangers of spending too much time alone, stewing over perceived grievances. I’m sure that whole nephew argument sounded perfectly rational in his head. And now that he’s getting even more alone time in the hotel… I can’t wait to see what he’s going to blurt out at the finale. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

DO the other jurors like him though?? I don’t see a world in which Derek X, Claire, Tiffany and Hannah don’t vote for Azah over Derek F. And I think Britini was close with both of them so she could go either way. I guess I could see Sarah Beth and maybe Alyssa voting for DF?

Britini will only vote for comp beasts like herself. So in this case, Britini would vote for Azah because she won a comp and Deref hasn't. Sucks to suck, Deref. COMP BEAST YEAH WOO LET'S GO!

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Not to mention his misogynistic attitude which he hasn't exactly been hiding since day one. Can't image a jury consisting of 7 women voting for him over Azah who at least won a comp and is a kind person even if she didn't do much game-wise.

If Azah is in the final two this means the women will be 6 and the men 3.

• Useful 1

I'll laugh if after being slightly embarrassed to admit all season that Azah's my favourite, given her lack of gameplay and popularity, she wins the whole thing. But even now, right on the brink, I expect X to win. 

Never mind. She's still awesome. 

• Love 5

Yea, I can't see how Azah would lose to Deref. If she's in F2 with Deref, it means she won final HOH and booted X, which alone would give her an overwhelming edge over Deref. Then you factor in how 4 of the current jurors simply like her more than Deref, 1 of them likes both but probably Azah more, and 1 of them doesn't like either but probably Azah more. She'd win by at least 6-3.

And it would be awesome

I almost hope Deref wins the 2nd part of HOH though just so I can fully give up having hope that X won't win and be able to not even watch the finale lol.

• Love 8

This will forever be the most shameful, low-blow comment in BB history:

But Ky's insult about X's nephew sucked because the nephew just lost his father and X has been raw about his brothers death.

Yeah ... no. Insult X, but leave that sensitive family shit out of it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I would like to see Kyland turn the jury against X

I would like to see him try.  Maybe Ky could say something like Xavier isn’t a honorable person since he had an F2 deal with him and Xavier broke it.  Then SB and Tiffany can say what about the F2 deals you had with us.  Ky might say SB, our’s didn’t count because you weren’t in the Cookout and Tiffany, ours didn’t count because you wouldn’t have been a good representative of the first black winner. (Which is what the stupid fool is actually saying in his exit press!🤯). Then Tiffany can punch Kyland in the face.

Edited by Coco88
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

This will forever be the most shameful, low-blow comment in BB history:

But Ky's insult about X's nephew sucked because the nephew just lost his father and X has been raw about his brothers death.

Yeah ... no. Insult X, but leave that sensitive family shit out of it.

Oh, there have been FAR grosser stuff than what Kyland did, but no one ever did it on live television. That's what makes it stand out so much. Otherwise, yeah, it's a pretty standard low blow for BB. 

• Love 4

As far as bringing up his family, I think to disrespect someone’s family would be in poor taste, so that’s why I invite anyone to look at the actual words that were said ’cause those were words that I had prepared for that exact moment and that exact situation.

That's really the weirdest part, right? That Kyland's whole deal was heavily rehearsed! What a little psycho. 

• Love 9

We've missed nothing on the feeds tonight except Azah begging for cuddles from Xavier and Deref doubling down on Tiffany being both the Angry Black Woman of the season and a bitch who did nothing in this game. So you know, exactly the same as every other night.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

We've missed nothing on the feeds tonight except Azah begging for cuddles from Xavier and Deref doubling down on Tiffany being both the Angry Black Woman of the season and a bitch who did nothing in this game. So you know, exactly the same as every other night.

But they also gave Deref dating advice! And helped him practice pickup lines! 

Yeah, I know. I will say, though, that one positive thing I got from tonight’s feeds was a lack of tension. Say what you will about this final 3, they all seem to genuinely like each other. It was kind of nice to see some CO’s enjoying one each other’s company in the absence of the energy suck that was Kyland. 

I know doesn’t make up for the fact that this is not the correct final 3 and Deref should be long gone to jury. But I try to look on the bright side.

• Love 10

Yeah, I think X thinks that Derek F sort of deserves 2nd place since they’ve been working together. I also think X always knew he was a Victoria. It would be an easy win for X. I also have a bad feeling that Derek will win Part 2 and he’ll hold onto that win. Which in turn will make him even more delusional into thinking that he played a “great game”.  Ugh!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think it would be dumb for X to take Azah. The vote would be a lot closer and she could possibly beat him. 

She is not going to get 5 HGs on the jury to vote for her - and against X.  The 6 women on the jury aren't just going to rally around.  Hannah has been very vocal that Azah wasted her HOH by not taking X out.

I don't think Big D will get Zero votes.  I doubt Ky will vote for X.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

She is not going to get 5 HGs on the jury to vote for her - and against X.  The 6 women on the jury aren't just going to rally around.  Hannah has been very vocal that Azah wasted her HOH by not taking X out.

I don't think Big D will get Zero votes.  I doubt Ky will vote for X.

But is a vote from Ky really a vote Deref would be proud of?  

X against Azah - she'd get Ky and Britini and that's it.  Deref would vote for X because X is a man and Deref would be scared that all the women on jury would vote for Azah due to that mythical women's alliance he has been so afraid of all season, lol.  But, I expect that Tiff & Hannah would influence Claire and Derex to vote for X over Azah; Alyssa & SB would vote for X over Azah (residual Kings loyalty and all that).

I really want Azah to win part 3 and cut X.  That would be so delicious and, much as Hannah thinks that Azah wasted her HOH by not taking X out, I think Hannah would let that go if Azah cut him at F3.  Hmmmm...  I wonder if Azah could pull off a unanimous win sitting next to Deref?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

But is a vote from Ky really a vote Deref would be proud of?  

X against Azah - she'd get Ky and Britini and that's it.  Deref would vote for X because X is a man and Deref would be scared that all the women on jury would vote for Azah due to that mythical women's alliance he has been so afraid of all season, lol.  But, I expect that Tiff & Hannah would influence Claire and Derex to vote for X over Azah; Alyssa & SB would vote for X over Azah (residual Kings loyalty and all that).

I really want Azah to win part 3 and cut X.  That would be so delicious and, much as Hannah thinks that Azah wasted her HOH by not taking X out, I think Hannah would let that go if Azah cut him at F3.  Hmmmm...  I wonder if Azah could pull off a unanimous win sitting next to Deref?

A vote is  vote.  Big D could care less.   Azah is NOT going to win Part 3.  She is not a strategic player and she won't cut X.  She had her chance and she blew it.   

And X has not pissed off the jury like Paul did.

I think The Jury Roundtable will be really interesting.  X said Ky knows too much about the CO - and can unleash everything.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3