Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Azah winning the final HOH, cutting X, and winning would kind of be an amazing ending.

Azah had her chance to cut X in the double elimination - and she didn't.

How can anyone fault X for winning - when you have a dumb player like Azah.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

Azah had her chance to cut X in the double elimination - and she didn't.

How can anyone fault X for winning - when you have a dumb player like Azah.

And, another player (Ky) willing and wanting to take him to the Final. Yup! X played it well. Threw the comps at the beginning & turned it on at the 6. Crazy!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

X has already struck me as the kind of lawyer you'd never want to face in court, but if he can cold-bloodedly cut Ky then Deref, that will solidify it. 

X is the lawyer I want on my side.  I've been unlucky to need a good lawyer, got one and succeeded😎

• Love 6

The interesting thing to me is whether he trusts Derek to cut Kyland.

The last two days have proved that he can't, so if he does, he's dumber than shit. But also I think he might be that arrogant and will trust DF. Listen what I want is everyone to see how actually X isn't good at this game and watch him fumble the fucking ball to Kyland. It's next most sweet to losing to Azah.

FYI/ETA: Derek is STILL vexing X. He told Ky he could see X not keeping him. LOL I'm dying. X: "Don't! say! you! could! see!  it!"

Edited by blixie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, blixie said:

The lack of relationship building within the CO is really playing out this week, in some spectacularly bad game strategy.

It is interesting. Just because they (Tiffany) formed this group didn’t mean they’d get along. In fact, they became friendlier with their Plus 1 which I think didn’t occur to them in the beginning. All alliances have to turn on each other at some point but this alliance really showed when it came to the game some were better than others and they needed some of the alliance to do the heavy lifting. Now, they are realizing they didn’t know each other that well (game wise) to better their end game. When X has to rely on Derek to decide and pull the trigger he’s realizing he’s not very dependable. It’s all in Derek’s hands either if X leaves the nominations the same. If he pulls Azah off he will have a better shot at sending Ky home. It should be interesting too what happens. 

• Love 6

It’s all in Derek’s hands either if X leaves the nominations the same. If he pulls Azah off he will have a better shot at sending Ky home. It should be interesting too what happens. 

Right there is actually two levels he has to rely on Derek F who he doesn't know very well and absolutely can't control,  and he also doesn't trust Ky because he spent so little time checking in with Ky and getting a feel for him that he's wholly unaware he should have KEPT Ky who is all to happy to lose to X at final 2. Or at least he was until X talked to Derek and Derek ran his mouth. How are you in the house with Big D and think you can tell him anything of consequence, unless you a using his lack of chill  to further some other aim?! Please spare me how good X is a this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Azah winning the final HOH, cutting X, and winning would kind of be an amazing ending.

This is my new fantasy and the only ending I will accept.

13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So why is this any different? If anything, I should be more incensed, being a member of this particular maligned group. 

I dunno. For me? Because I'm so used to it, I'm more likely to see it and just kind of sigh and move on both because I'm conditioned to it and desensitized to it. I get it from my landlord who needs my husband's okay for any decision even though my name is on the lease, I get it from some random asshole walking down the street because if I smiled more I would be prettier, I get it from an in-law because my accident meant I can be a good housewife and cook and clean all day so it's a blessing, I get it from the guy at the grocery store because I dunno, he's having a bad day and hates women? There's no escaping it. I don't have the energy to get mad at every single offense so I save it up for the big things. In this case, again, it was sprinkled in there since the beginning but when it came down to the F6, it really put a spotlight on some of what they were saying about and to the remaining women in the house and then some looking back happened and it all started to click together.

And I'll be honest, I gave Kyland a pass at first because he's neurodivergent (which isn't really fair - an asshole is still an asshole whether your brain works like the old textbooks said it should) but his flavour of neurodivergence is the same as the husband's - ADHD - and it didn't magically make the husband a misogynist. And after reading Hannah's exit interview quotes, hoo boy, I was wrong to give him a pass for so long. My thoughts and prayers go out to TARA KELLY MUSIC who is Kyland's friend that he's never kissed - run, girl. Run.

(But also, between Sarah Beth's anger at the way Kyland strung her along unnecessarily at the end and Hannah's recounting of what Kyland said to her, Kyland might be on the shitty end of a unanimous final vote. Those ladies are gonna put in some work and I'll finally get the Sarah Beth/Hannah team up I wanted in the beginning of the game. Xavier might be better off keeping Kyland, not that he knows it.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

If he pulls Azah off he will have a better shot at sending Ky home. It should be interesting too what happens. 

If X really wants Ky to go, he would have to pull Azah off and let her vote. She foolishly believes that Deref is her #1, so she would vote for him to stay. But if Deref has the chance to decide between Azah and Ky, I am 99.5% sure he will keep Ky and get rid of Azah.

I assume X knows this? But I’m actually not sure. As was noted above, these CO members don’t really seem to know each other at all. I guess that’s what happens when you avoid talking in order to divert suspicion. 

But even if X manages to send Ky home and Deref decides to grow a brain and try to go to the end with Azah, they still have to put X up and keep him from winning the veto comp. Which he will be playing against Deref and Azah. There’s no way X isn’t going to F2.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

And after reading Hannah's exit interview quotes,

Do you have links? I found a couple of interviews, but she didn’t talk about Ky in them. Only about how Azah effectively ended her own game with that eviction.

• Love 5

I saw the screenshots on Reddit but there's no links to the specific article. This is the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/pqdbas/s_thoughts_on_kyland_aligns_with_the_general/

My favourite bit is the one at the bottom of the first slide.

Hannah: "[Kyland] at one point remarked that I don't know people, I don't know this game, and he would never sit next to me in a final two because essentially I'm not worthy of that. And I don't know who made him the gatekeeper of the final two of Big Brother Season 23. But I don't think that was his place to say and even though I tried to be underestimated, it was insulting."

She also goes in about Deref's lack of respect for Big Brother and how she doesn't want to see either of them win.

• Love 8

While I'm here and dragging Kyland, I don't remember seeing this showing up here (if it did, sorry for the repeat) and I had actually forgotten it happened until I was going back through his earlier stuff. I think it's also mentioned in the comments of the Reddit post I linked above. I should have included it with my other post last night - migraine meds are fucking with my focus.

The night before Tiffany was out the door, there had been plans made much earlier in the day for Tiffany to stay in the HoH room with Kyland. At some point during the night, things got a little tense and butthurt and Tiffany opted to stay downstairs. Not long after that, Kyland came down from the HoH room to ask her to come upstairs. Tiffany said no. Kyland went back upstairs. An hour later, he came down again and asked Tiffany to come stay with him upstairs. She again said no. Kyland went back upstairs and started talking to himself/the camera about how Tiffany just made a big mistake not coming upstairs with him, she should have just come upstairs, such a big mistake, he could help her.

Now Kyland didn't specify why Tiffany made a mistake in his opinion or how it could help her but... that sets off alarm bells for me as a woman. Nothing came of the incident - Kyland stopped mumbling, never left the HoH the rest of the night, and eventually went to sleep. Tiffany snoozed away downstairs and the next day, she was evicted. Kyland never mentioned it again.

This has been entry #230768 in the Why Kyland Sucks file.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

If Ky should get evicted on Thursday I’m dying to see when he shows up jury house. Tiffany will be, “I tried to tell you”. LOL!!! Although, I know she told Ky he would lose sitting next to X……..I don’t recall if she ever said X would cut him at any point. I’m not sure what Ky is really like but in this game he wanted it so bad to be him & X in the end. Although, he said he wanted to be in the finals with the best I think what he really meant was that he thought he could beat X. Of course, this was sometime before X really turned it on and started winning everything. I think now he realizes begging is the only way X will take him to the end which doesn’t seem like is going to happen. 

Thanks for the link. Hannah is very smart and insightful. 

Regarding Ky, and this comment is neither for or against him, just an observation of something I didn't see mentioned. During the last HoH comp, where they were standing in the booths, everyone else was standing more or less still, except for Ky. He was rocking violently back and forth with tension and anxiety, non-stop, for the entire thing. At one point it was so extreme I thought he might knock a wall over. This combined with his ability to talk or focus on one thing for hours, and the way his facial expressions can seem so inappropriate, like smiling anxiously when you know he's upset, and I fully believe there are various issues going on there. His single-minded conviction he needs to take X to the end, the one person he's almost certain to lose against, is yet another thing. 

I don't at all want to debate whether or not Ky is a good person or not, I just wonder if outside the incredible pressure cooker of the BB environment, Ky might be a nicer, less difficult person, given his challenges. 

Either way, I'm in the camp of believing that barring cheating, whoever wins BB or Survivor "deserves" to win, because they played the game according to the rules and they won. They may not be a satisfying winner, because maybe we don't like them, but they "deserve" to win. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Welp, Kyland's gone 'round the bend. I went for one last check before bed and have found out that tonight he has claimed that Deref has done more in this game than Hannah ever did (...uh...), whined that it's not fair that he's going home this close to the end, and then made an appeal to Xavier's family (?) and talked about how Kyland hopes they raised Xavier to understand "the importance of this season's winner being representative of a lot of characteristics other than a will to win by any means necessary." He also talked about that if Xavier went back on his deals, what kind of man would he be and that he hopes that Xavier isn't dishonest. The image of the winner is what's most important and clearly to Kyland, he best represents that ideal image. Sure, Jan. I think Xavier's family probably disagrees.

It's too bad the person out at F4 just stays at a hotel and then joins the HGs for the round table before being separated again.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love getting up in the morning and reading all Callaphera's excellent posts.  One of the best writers on a forum known for good writing!

I now have hope.  If Azah manages to get taken to the final two because one of the men thinks she won't get any votes -- well, we have Hannah influencing the jury.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Welp, Kyland's gone 'round the bend

I can't disagree. His behaviour is increasingly bonkers.* I worry he's not going to be able to mentally and emotionally process and handle getting blindsided by X, given his challenges as I mentioned in my last post. 

This part of this season, a season I've loved so far, is getting increasingly not-fun for me. Maybe I'm like Ky, not able to mentally and emotionally handle what's happening right now, all the accusations, hurt feelings and backstabbing. I wish I had an inner X to draw on, cold and shark-like, but it appears I don't. I should probably just skip to the finale. 

*For some reason, autocorrect initially turned this word into bomksnickers. I needed the giggle. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Welp, Kyland's gone 'round the bend. I went for one last check

Damn, looks like I ditched feeds too soon. I’ve been checking in every night for a few minutes, but all I ever see is people staring at walls, or X pacing around whispering to himself, so I leave and watch something else. Kyland spiraling downwards would be tough to watch, but also satisfying in a way. Maybe tomorrow.

• Love 1

OMG, "your parents didn't raise you right' is QUITE thee pitch for someone in power to keep you.

See no this to me is entertaining as hell, bad game play is so much fun to watch.

Although, he said he wanted to be in the finals with the best I think what he really meant was that he thought he could beat X.

It's so hard to say with Ky, because he lacks any self awareness and he doesn't listen and only talks to hear himself speak, so it would make sense that even though everyone has told him to his face he'll lose to X, and even though he said it out loud that he WANTS to lose to the best that he still really doesn't believe it. 

This part of this season, a season I've loved so far, is getting increasingly not-fun for me. 

In the words of Tiffany, you and me? We are different. I like, Marie Kondo, love mess. Even with a much more palatable cast than usual I still think it's a bad mental health choice to play BB, it's 2-3 months of emotional terrorism and I side eye anyone who wants to play this game. And after the mind fuck he ran on SB sorry there is only so much sympathy I'm about to feel for X betraying him. Emotionally going THROUGH it? Welcome to BB. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But even if X manages to send Ky home and Deref decides to grow a brain and try to go to the end with Azah, they still have to put X up and keep him from winning the veto comp. Which he will be playing against Deref and Azah. There’s no way X isn’t going to F2.

There's no more vetos. At F3 it's a 3 part HOH. It's pretty much guaranteed Azah and X will will win parts 1 & 2. The last part is more or less a crapshoot so Azah certainly has a chance to win it. Now, her actually cutting X is sadly not a guarantee but it's definitely a strong possibility. So, a Deref/Azah F2 is actually very possible.

7 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't at all want to debate whether or not Ky is a good person or not, I just wonder if outside the incredible pressure cooker of the BB environment, Ky might be a nicer, less difficult person, given his challenges. 

His twitter suggests his real life persona is exactly the same lol.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

You would think I would know this by now, but is the veto meeting today (Sunday) or tomorrow? 

The veto ceremony will be live on Thursday.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blixie said:

In the words of Tiffany, you and me? We are different. I like, Marie Kondo, love mess. Even with a much more palatable cast than usual I still think it's a bad mental health choice to play BB, it's 2-3 months of emotional terrorism and I side eye anyone who wants to play this game.

We may be different but I adore the Marie Kondo name drop. I guess I love what comes after the mess, the order that comes out of the chaos. And yet I do love some chaos. Eh, it's confusing. 

2-3 months of emotional terrorism! What a perfect description. Anyone who volunteers for this game needs to see this in giant letters a foot tall before their final decision.

"Play at your own mental/physical/emotional risk. We take no responsibility for long-term damage." 

Final 4 is the worst week unless you know you are going to win. It’s such a long stretch with awkward talk & long pauses. Most of the deals have been set & potential blindsides are put into place. Actually, those final 2 weeks are worst than the 60, 70 or 80 days. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I can't disagree. [Kyland's] behaviour is increasingly bonkers.* I worry he's not going to be able to mentally and emotionally process and handle getting blindsided by X, given his challenges as I mentioned in my last post. 

So I did a dive last night to see but after a couple of searches on different platforms, I can only find that Kyland has an ADHD diagnosis and is medicated for it (his dosage is correct for a real world situation according to him, but not the Big Brother house). I saw some people who thought that being neurodivergent means that you're autistic but it doesn't - autism is a type of neurodivergence but neurodivergence doesn't always equal autism. I saw someone say that his sister was tweeting in his defense over the tortilla face bath that he has sensory issues but that also isn't an only autism thing (and in fact can be an ADHD thing - they share some similarities) and still doesn't explain why he was using it the same way I hold a tissue to my face when I want to blow my nose. Sniff it, don't wear it.

The thing is - ADHD, if he's autistic, if he has some other undiagnosed thing - it doesn't make him say sexist or misogynistic things. He does those things on his own. It's not like Britini not reading social cues, so she cockblocked the Giggle Hairflips every day. This is just being a dick. He's still responsible for the things he's said in the house whether he's neurodivergent or not. It would be different if he were having loud, angry outbursts because he was overstimulated but he's not - he's just saying dumb, sexist, asshole things.

• Love 18

So I did a dive last night to see but after a couple of searches on different platforms, I can only find that Kyland has an ADHD diagnosis and is medicated for it (his dosage is correct for a real world situation according to him, but not the Big Brother house). I saw some people who thought that being neurodivergent means that you're autistic but it doesn't - autism is a type of neurodivergence but neurodivergence doesn't always equal autism. I saw someone say that his sister was tweeting in his defense over the tortilla face bath that he has sensory issues but that also isn't an only autism thing (and in fact can be an ADHD thing - they share some similarities) and still doesn't explain why he was using it the same way I hold a tissue to my face when I want to blow my nose. Sniff it, don't wear it.

The thing is - ADHD, if he's autistic, if he has some other undiagnosed thing - it doesn't make him say sexist or misogynistic things. He does those things on his own. It's not like Britini not reading social cues, so she cockblocked the Giggle Hairflips every day. This is just being a dick. He's still responsible for the things he's said in the house whether he's neurodivergent or not. It would be different if he were having loud, angry outbursts because he was overstimulated but he's not - he's just saying dumb, sexist, asshole things.

I remember after season 14 Ian said in a few interviews he didn't have Autism he had ADHD. I guess he was diagnosed after season 14.

I've had ADHD since I was a teenager and have never used a tortilla as a tissue....

• Love 5

Hi live watchers, I don’t watch them but I’m grateful for this board and those of you who fill us in. I have a question that maybe you guys would have the answer to.   I wonder if the others have found out yet that DerekF is the son of Joe Frazier? Or that X is an attorney? I haven’t seen any mention of these on the episodes but wonder if they mentioned it on the live feeds.  That might affect the votes, which of course is why people start off with secrets.  And sometimes spill on their own (my SISTER is Ariana GRANDE!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Never Again said:

Hi live watchers, I don’t watch them but I’m grateful for this board and those of you who fill us in. I have a question that maybe you guys would have the answer to.   I wonder if the others have found out yet that DerekF is the son of Joe Frazier? Or that X is an attorney? I haven’t seen any mention of these on the episodes but wonder if they mentioned it on the live feeds.  That might affect the votes, which of course is why people start off with secrets.  And sometimes spill on their own (my SISTER is Ariana GRANDE!)

They don't know X is definitely an attorney, but multiple houseguests have suspected he has lied about his job since he does not know how to make a mint julep and he goes to bed at 10pm.

Tiffany thinks he is  law enforcement or military or a government official with all the speculation I think they'll be disappointed he is just a lawyer. 

• Love 4

Several HGs have speculated lawyer in addition to military, due to his calm demeanor, self discipline and confidence. The skepticism over his bartender story started very early on, and was cemented in recent weeks. He really should have chosen something he knew more about.

I’m not sure about Deref. I don’t think they know. He has talked about his upbringing with a single mom, and has mentioned his relationship with his father, but I don’t recall ever hearing him identify who he was. He probably hasn’t because then everyone would assume he’s rich (which is not true, as far as I know.)

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

They don't know X is definitely an attorney, but multiple houseguests have suspected he has lied about his job since he does not know how to make a mint julep and he goes to bed at 10pm.

Tiffany thinks he is  law enforcement or military or a government official with all the speculation I think they'll be disappointed he is just a lawyer. 

Thank you, very interesting…. And that’s a good point, if X seems like someone more mysterious with a high level clearance type of career and then he turns out just to be another lawyer!  Nothing at all against lawyers, and I’m related to many, but it’s just so common now 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Several HGs have speculated lawyer in addition to military, due to his calm demeanor, self discipline and confidence. The skepticism over his bartender story started very early on, and was cemented in recent weeks. He really should have chosen something he knew more about.

I’m not sure about Deref. I don’t think they know. He has talked about his upbringing with a single mom, and has mentioned his relationship with his father, but I don’t recall ever hearing him identify who he was. He probably hasn’t because then everyone would assume he’s rich (which is not true, as far as I know.)

Thank you!  how funny that he did not think that through. Why say you’re a bartender when that is so easily disproved? 
 I agree, they would assume Joe Frazier’s son is rich, although we have heard that Derek and mom are decidedly not, and that he is like Joe’s 10th child with five women or something like that. Not judging whatsoever, just saying that the money is spread thinner.I know when they announced the cast and said he’s the son of Joe Frazier I assumed he was rich too, but Derek talks about winning the money the way I would, like it would make a difference in his life…

13 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I heard Claire mention something about DF/boxing, but it was very brief. 

I wonder why she would mention that, even briefly, if he hasn’t said anything?  Hmmm…

Edited by Never Again
5 minutes ago, Never Again said:

I agree, they would assume Joe Frazier’s son is rich, although we have heard that Derek and mom are decidedly not, and that he is like Joe’s 10th child with five women or something like that. Not judging whatsoever, just saying that the money is spread thinner.

I don’t follow boxing, but I remember hearing a story several years ago about how boxers are generally screwed over by the system. (I think the main subject was Mike Tyson, but I’m not sure.) By the time managers, promoters, the arena, trainers, and everyone else takes their cut, the boxer is left with very little. I think the promoters are the ones who make the most. I am very hazy on the details, but I remember being shocked by how little the boxers actually make. To make real money, they have to do endorsements or make electric grills, or something.

Anyway, that’s just a long way of saying that no matter how famous, Joe Frazier may not have had money to leave to his kids, no matter how many (or few) of them there were.

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t follow boxing, but I remember hearing a story several years ago about how boxers are generally screwed over by the system. (I think the main subject was Mike Tyson, but I’m not sure.) By the time managers, promoters, the arena, trainers, and everyone else takes their cut, the boxer is left with very little. I think the promoters are the ones who make the most. I am very hazy on the details, but I remember being shocked by how little the boxers actually make. To make real money, they have to do endorsements or make electric grills, or something.

Anyway, that’s just a long way of saying that no matter how famous, Joe Frazier may not have had money to leave to his kids, no matter how many (or few) of them there were.

That’s really terrible!!! 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Never Again said:

Thank you, very interesting…. And that’s a good point, if X seems like someone more mysterious with a high level clearance type of career and then he turns out just to be another lawyer!  Nothing at all against lawyers, and I’m related to many, but it’s just so common now 

I agree. At one point Tiffany was speculating X spent time in prison because he is so disciplined which I thought crossed the line because of stereotypes with black men and jail. They were speculating about whether the fact he didn't make his bed meant he wasn't in the military and Azah said maybe he is doing it on purpose. 

38 minutes ago, Never Again said:

Thank you!  how funny that he did not think that through. Why say you’re a bartender when that is so easily disproved? 
 I agree, they would assume Joe Frazier’s son is rich, although we have heard that Derek and mom are decidedly not, and that he is like Joe’s 10th child with five women or something like that. Not judging whatsoever, just saying that the money is spread thinner.I know when they announced the cast and said he’s the son of Joe Frazier I assumed he was rich too, but Derek talks about winning the money the way I would, like it would make a difference in his life…

I wonder why she would mention that, even briefly, if he hasn’t said anything?  Hmmm…

They were talking about something and Claire said maybe Big D would like it because it is similar to boxing and no one said anything and the subject was changed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm trying to think what pair of past players would be the nearest analogue to an Azah/Deref F2, if by some fluke that's what actually happens. First two that came to mind: Victoria and Jenn City, but that doesn't work since they weren't the same season. Kaitlyn and JC? Raven and Matt? Kathy and Saboteur Annie? 

It's hard to match the WTF/Didn't See That Coming factor, harder when I also try to parallel Deref's level of delusion and Azah's likability mixed with her marginal gameplay.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

I'm trying to think what pair of past players would be the nearest analogue to an Azah/Deref F2, if by some fluke that's what actually happens. First two that came to mind: Victoria and Jenn City, but that doesn't work since they weren't the same season. Kaitlyn and JC? Raven and Matt? Kathy and Saboteur Annie? 

It's hard to match the WTF/Didn't See That Coming factor, harder when I also try to parallel Deref's level of delusion and Azah's likability mixed with her marginal gameplay.

Josh/Christmas. Final three, and Josh won. 

• Love 3

So at some point, Kyland insulted Deref's cooking and I guess there has been a whole day of sniping at each other and eventually Deref got mad. Ky, rather than apologizing, chose to mansplain Kysplain why Deref's butthurt feelings were the wrong feelings to be having. In the end, they kissed and made up shook hands and hugged. Deref later asked for a divorce and then got nostalgic for Frenchie. There truly is a lid for every pot.

Kyland then addressed the camera to whine some more about how Xavier doesn't care about going to the end with a competitor which probably violates some random ass Jedi code or something, I dunno. Kyland is clearly a man of honour and Xavier isn't. Also Ky can't wait to see back the footage of when he manipulated Sarah Beth during her HoH. You can't make it up. Also just like TARA KELLY MUSIC, his relationship with Sarah Beth is platonic. Also also here comes the address to Xavier's family again with a plea that he hopes Xavier doesn't raise his nephew to be a coward or take the easy way. Like his uncle was unsaid but.

If you're wondering why it's all Ky, all the time, Deref is Derefing and Azah Gheesling is over there with the Bible reading strategy when Xavier isn't trying to convince her to keep him over Deref in between pacing sessions where he debates about the Veto with himself. Ky's the only one who occasionally shows signs of life but it's just to whine for forty minutes a night before he crashes.

• Love 9

I checked in to feeds to see if Ky had reached psychosis level yet, and the answer is… not quite. He’s recapping the season while aggressively clipping his nails, so it’s like “had a chance to send him out two times -CLIP!- no, three -CLIP!- Everyone said he just wanted to win -CLIP!- and maybe he does -CLIP!”

Then he starts comparing comp wins and potential jury votes and it becomes apparent he still thinks he’s going to the end. He wants to make sure he brings up all of his accomplishments, including modifying Tiffany’s plan to make it better. (He decided to change the scheduled order of evictions and send SB home a week early. You see, Tiffany came to him and asked if it would be a good idea, and he said yes. WHAT WOULD SHE HAVE DONE WITHOUT HIM.)

He can’t decide if X is playing a Josh game or a Dan game. He does think X played a very good social game. But so did Ky. One of his special talents is understanding people. In fact, he usually understands what people are trying to say better than they do themselves! (He gives examples of times when friends said things, he told them what they meant to say, and they were grateful.

He understands that X wants to help his nephew, but he certainly doesn’t want  to raise him to be a coward, to not face a challenge. Everyone knows X was planning to take him to the end all season, and if X goes back on his word now, he’ll be teaching the boy a very bad lesson. As for Ky, he doesn’t believe in taking the easy way. He is not a coward. And he thinks this season deserves to end with the very best of the CO!

He tallies jury votes on the chess board. (I guess the Chex Mix ran out.) If he loses the last HoH, the best he can do is 4-5, maybe 3-6. Because X is more likeable. But if he wins that HoH, he has a great chance to win. 

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, Callaphera beat me to it with some of this, but I decided to post anyway because there is some other stuff not already mentioned and besides I just spent a bunch of time typing it up, DAMN IT. But I also have to say that I love this part

27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Ky, rather than apologizing, chose to mansplain Kysplain why Deref's butthurt feelings were the wrong feelings to be having.

because it proves what Ky said: He, more than anyone, knows what people really mean to say! I’m sure he can add Deref to his list of grateful friends.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Now Deref is complaining about Ky, who apparently called him racist? Because he said something about black people that Ky found objectionable, and Ky thinks Twitter is going to blow up about it. In the process, Ky also compared Deref to Memphis, and Deref did not appreciate it.

Azah is also upset because yesterday Ky told her that Claire made some remark about her chasing X. She wants to know if she’s giving off that vibe. X and Deref say no, but also wonder why Ky is telling her that now.

Yes Ky, you’re playing a stellar social game right now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3