Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Isn’t Ky on the block?  

For some reason I thought it was Azah/Big D. I think I just wished it. But he is now targeting Ky if he doesn't win Veto. But the chances he wins veto is high. Very high.

How does it work if X wins Veto?

exceptionally shitty views and/or lack of boundaries with women.

This getting dragged for actual things you said and did like treating black women like mules, is absolutely drag worthy. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I was surprised how much I liked Alyssa in the jury house segment. It was the pre-giggle nomance hairflip Alyssa who was a Big Brother fan. When she admitted to feeling dumb and loving that because she's a fan of the show, I had to respect it. She's a Cool Girl but occasionally she can be actually lowercase cool and it was nice to see there.

I think a lot of people are going to blame it on an all black alliance running the endgame or whatever weird take they have on it but truthfully, almost every season dies off around this time like this. It's not new, every F6 onward is dull as fuck, predictable, and loses viewers and posters in droves until the finale, where we all bitch and then come back next year. I think this season did have an uphill battle because of the audience - actual racism may be too sophisticated of a topic for some of them - but the season played out like any other (boring) Big Brother season: started wacky, quickly turned into a slow slog to the end led by a dominant alliance. The only difference this season was that there were enough black people to actually band together and not get taken out in the first few weeks and that was a beautiful thing to see. It gives me hope for an all female alliance in the future.

It's pretty clear Alyssa was one of those people who my friend who use to work in reality tv casting would describe they were great through the casting process and once they got on the show they barley showed their true personality. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think this season did have an uphill battle because of the audience - actual racism may be too sophisticated of a topic for some of them

I don't know if the audience is sophisticated or not, or if the BB house actually had any sophisticated conversations about race, but I think posting on this forum slowed down because people who didn't care for the cook-out were being called racists in no uncertain terms.

You can talk about the history of systemic racism in this country, which no one here has denied, and you can say that racism requires the voicing of stereotypes and derogatory comments, which it does not - plenty of polite white people kept black people out of schools and country clubs for hundreds of years without saying a single ugly word.  At the end of the day racism only requires discriminating against people based on race.

The show and Julie are playing this like a great history changing moment akin to Obama becoming president, but  this is just a second rate game show.  A big alliance was successful and that's fine with me. 

I just wish they weren't acting  like they did something noble. When they decided people like Claire were going to pay the price  for things they had nothing to do with,  they aligned themselves in spirit with the very people in the past who actually were racist and based their votes on color.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, blixie said:

For some reason I thought it was Azah/Big D. I think I just wished it. But he is now targeting Ky if he doesn't win Veto. But the chances he wins veto is high. Very high.

He can use it or not use it just like every other hoh

• Love 1

He can use it or not use it just like every other hoh

I meant what would he do. Does he keep his noms the same and trust that Big D will go along with keeping a WOMAN over his dream man or will he veto Azah and make sure Kylands ass goes home. 

3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

While I agree that they shouldn't get dragged for being disappointing, I do think they should be dragged for that.

I was including Azah. In the last day I've read some really horrible posts about her that I won't quote here. 

For the first time this season, I'm starting to find myself feeling upset about some of the things I'm reading. This is my sign to step back and remind myself that I come here to have fun and be entertained. I have to start chanting my favourite saying that I say to myself when I start getting upset over things I have zero control over. "Not my circus. Not my monkeys." 

Peace out. 😊

• Love 5
1 minute ago, blixie said:

I meant what would he do. Does he keep his noms the same and trust that Big D will go along with keeping a WOMAN over his dream man or will he veto Azah and make sure Kylands ass goes home. 

I think BigD will Evote however X wants

X will probably let BigD take the blame for Ky getting the boot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, blixie said:

He's been working on Big D to convince him they need to get rid of Kyland. It's pretty obvious that Big D does not understand how the final HOH works. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Useful 1

Hmm I wish I believed he had that much control over Big D, but when it comes to Big D's love of Ky/hatred of women seems like toss up. I wonder if X will even try for the veto or continue to throw, seems like he's still want that part of it in his hands and try. This Veto is the last stab I have for caring!!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, blixie said:

Hmm I wish I believed he had that much control over Big D, but when it comes to Big D's love of Ky/hatred of women seems like toss up. I wonder if X will even try for the veto or continue to throw, seems like he's still want that part of it in his hands and try. This Veto is the last stab I have for caring!!

I actually mistyped. Big D didn't think they all went to the end together. He thought the final 3 competed in all legs of the competition. Big D did not realize he would have to compete against Ky or X in the second part of the final HOH competition. X is telling Big D he has more faith in him beating Azah than Kyland. 

• Useful 2
23 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't know if the audience is sophisticated or not, or if the BB house actually had any sophisticated conversations about race, but I think posting on this forum slowed down because people who didn't care for the cook-out were being called racists in no uncertain terms.

It's not because we're six days out from the finale and the thread always dies at this point? Silly me, how could it be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, blixie said:

Under normal circumstances X (as HoH) would not really be expected to change his own original noms - but with Ky on the Block, I expect “normal” just went out the window.
Personally, I’m thinking X’s thinking is running along something like these lines:  

1. I want to get rid of Ky, but I want to do so without seeming like I want to.  How to do that…?  HERE’S a notion:
  2. Get Ky scared that if I nominate Azah and DerF and one of them wins PoV, then he’s going up as the only replacement nom - and out the FD before he can blink.
  3. Convince Ky that putting him up as an initial nom, having him win PoV, and taking himself off the Block is Ky’s only guarantee for safety come Thursday.
  4. if Ky wins, then it’s Azah and DerF OTB - and Azah goes to Jury because she just demonstrated she can actually WIN a comp on occasion.
  5. If Azah wins then she takes herself off the Block, DerF goes up as replacement nom, and I try to convince Azah (the only voting HG) to evict Ky as the greater threat.
  6. If DerF wins, then noms stay the same for lack of a replacement nom - and I try to convince DerF (the only voting HG) to evict Ky as the greater threat.
  7. The only wrinkle in exposing myself to Ky is if I win PoV, because Ky will expect me to take him off the Block  - so time to throw it again!

Just some thoughts….  😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So I'm seeing on some other platforms that the guys having a Final 3 is sexism from the same people who said the Cookout having a final 6 wasn't racism. Sorry, that's not how it works. I'm really starting to think that some people only watch this show to see how angry they can get.

As always, Go X!

• Love 7

Was anyone else annoyed that Ky and X got to talk about how they 'need' the $750 thousand?  Ky has a hundred grand in student loans.  Boo hoo, you went to school and took out the loans.  You and a ton of other people.  Would it be nice to pay them back quickly?  Yes it would but spare me the 'sad' story.  X's brother's death was a true sad story and him wanting to help his nephew out is commendable but he is a lawyer so I am sure he can handle that on his own.  Neither story was a compelling reason why they should win.  Also,why were none of the other CO members given time to tell their reasons  or stories in as much depth?  I guess it's cause one of them are the de facto winner.  Sigh

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Was anyone else annoyed that Ky and X got to talk about how they 'need' the $750 thousand?  Ky has a hundred grand in student loans.  Boo hoo, you went to school and took out the loans.  You and a ton of other people.  Would it be nice to pay them back quickly?  Yes it would but spare me the 'sad' story.  X's brother's death was a true sad story and him wanting to help his nephew out is commendable but he is a lawyer so I am sure he can handle that on his own.  Neither story was a compelling reason why they should win.  Also,why were none of the other CO members given time to tell their reasons  or stories in as much depth?  I guess it's cause one of them are the de facto winner.  Sigh

Yeah, the editors are going with the X and Ky edit hoping they’d be the Final 2. Hence the sob stories. I guess Big D and Azha don’t have sob stories or debt. Also, after tonight’s episode I like X less and less now, too. Ugh! The guys suck and Azah apparently never wanted to play or win. That said, I would think it would be funny if she ended up in the Final 2 and beat the guys. In theory, I think she’d only win against Big D…..I think. The jury is woman heavy which is rare so maybe they’d give it to Azah just to have a female winner. F the guys!

• Love 3

Azah has said multiple times on the feeds she doesn't care about the money. I'm a bit surprised they didn't include Derek saying that he is broke and can't pay his bills. I think he said his mom pays his bills but he has also said his mother is broke so who knows the truth. 

• Love 2

I like X less and less now

I couldn't watch most of it, but I will say his absolute disdainful condescension for Big D when  he had to explain how the game the man has been playing for 2 months works almost made me like him again. But nah. BB can try all they like to make us think these two men are deserving, but I think the double proved they know it's ALL ABOUT TIFF. and Hannah and these men are pissing in everyone's cornflakes on this extraordinary well casted season.

I think he said his mom pays his bills but he has also said his mother is broke so who knows the truth. 

Joe Frazier as in debt when he died I think, or at least was broker than broke so he for sure didn't inherit anything other than his father name/maybe some personal items. I don't think either his mom/him are broke, but merely muddling middle class like a lot of people.

Edited by blixie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, blixie said:

I couldn't watch most of it, but I will say his absolute disdainful condescension for Big D when  he had to explain how the game the man has been playing for 2 months works almost made me like him again. But nah. BB can try all they like to make us think these two men are deserving, but I think the double proved they know it's ALL ABOUT TIFF. and Hannah and these men are pissing in everyone's cornflakes on this extraordinary well casted season.

Joe Frazier as in debt when he died I think, or at least was broker than broke so he for sure didn't inherit anything other than his father name/maybe some personal items. I don't think either his mom/him are broke, but merely muddling middle class like a lot of people.

Big D was the youngest of 11 children from many baby mommas. I don't think he had much of a relationship with his dad.

• Useful 3
11 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Big D was the youngest of 11 children from many baby mommas. I don't think he had much of a relationship with his dad.

All I know about his relationship with his dad is that Janelle tweeted that she met Big D when he was a teenager after BB All Stars because she did a commercial with Joe Fraizer. He missed school because he wanted to meet Janelle. Can't even hate him over that I would have done the same thing. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I just wish they weren't acting  like they did something noble. When they decided people like Claire were going to pay the price  for things they had nothing to do with,  they aligned themselves in spirit with the very people in the past who actually were racist and based their votes on color.

I get a kick out of them talking like they sacrificed for it. You are in the top 6. Not sure any of their games were hurt. 

As far as the jury, they know they can’t complain. 

• Love 5

The only big things left are who win Veto, will X cut Ky & who will win BB? Unfortunately, it’s a long time till find the last part. The Final 3 will be a long few days for the HG. I did cancel my Paramount +. If Hanna had won HOH or Veto I would have kept it till the end. Alas, that wasn’t meant to be. 

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

The final 3 men have all shown some exceptionally shitty views and/or lack of boundaries with women. While I agree that they shouldn't get dragged for being disappointing, I do think they should be dragged for that.

Genuinely curious about what you’re referring to here. I know Deref is misogynistic; I have heard it with my own ears. But I haven’t heard either X or Kyland say anything derogatory about women. Wanting to bro down to the end isn’t necessarily anti-women, it’s a strategy (albeit one I don’t care for), so I don’t think it’s that. What actions re. women should they be dragged for?

• Love 7

I find it hilarious that Deref is so focused on going to F2 with either Ky or X. Is he really that delusional that he thinks he has a ghost of a chance against either one? (But then again, he thinks he “deserves” a seat at the final, so probably.)

If he really wants to win, he should be trying to figure out a way to get to the end with Azah. I actually don’t know who would win that one. Only that it would be one of the most disappointing F2s ever. And it would be like extinguishing the Cookout fire with a stream of lukewarm piss.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

It's not because we're six days out from the finale and the thread always dies at this point? Silly me, how could it be.

The finale is on the 29th. What 6 days are you talking about?

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But I haven’t heard either X or Kyland say anything derogatory about women.

Xavier and Kyland aren't sitting around in their couch beds, tossing out a "bitch" here and a "bitch" there like Deref is. They're doing more subtle things: constantly diminishing the contributions of Tiffany and Hannah to the alliance and claiming that they did all the work and carried the women on their backs (both), choosing to speak up when Deref calls Alyssa a bitch but remaining silent when he does the same to Tiffany (Xavier), talking about how "exotic" Alyssa is (Xavier) (this one is a real headscratcher, considering that black women are called "exotic" for being black, of all the words to use...) (also, can we just stop calling people exotic? It's fucked up), talking over women but not men (both but more Kyland). There were a few conversations where Kyland and Xavier would seemingly agree with Deref's sexist views and wouldn't discourage him but just nod, laugh, and smile. Some you can argue has been part of gameplay - playing into Deref's views could be strategy, diminishing the contribution of the women to the CO could be an attempt to lift themselves up and they don't know how to do it without punching down... but this is also Xavier, who very firmly told Whitney that her crack about Derex wasn't appropriate and who very firmly told Deref not to call Alyssa a bitch. He had no problem calling out shit before, now he's just letting it go by.

I also added the reference to lack of boundaries with women because I think in a way, it plays into the disrespect for women that they've shown. Kyland's physicality with HGs has been remarked upon (both Sarah Beth and Hannah, I believe - maybe Whitney, too? I think Christian mentioned it in interviews but I can't remember if it was from his point of view) have mentioned how long his hugs last and how uncomfortable they end up feeling. I know there were some of us in this thread that called out how physical Xavier was being with the women for very long periods of time, even when they would twist away from him and he stopped with the three hour back rubs but now looking back and putting it together with how he's acted in the back half of the game, it paints more of a picture than just some horny dude who wanted some and maybe ignored some non-verbal cues in the first two weeks.

But that's the problem - they're not looking at a camera and saying "We don't respect women because x, y, and z". It's more subtle so it's more open to interpretation. It's why I didn't call it misogyny/misogynoir - I feel more comfortable just calling them shitty views because I'm a little unsure. But with Xavier, there's definitely a difference from beginning of the game "That's rude and disrespectful, I'm not laughing, you should apologize" callouts to "Oh... well, it's just Tiffany that Deref's calling a bitch, no reason to stop him". Kyland, to me, has always has some weirdness about women to him - in the beginning, it really only appeared during solo cam talks while he was HoH or actively fucking with Sarah Beth's head so it was easy to miss because who the fuck wants to listen to Kyland ramble to himself for thirty minutes?

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, himela said:

The finale is on the 29th. What 6 days are you talking about?

Weird, when I Googled earlier, I saw something saying it was the 22nd 24th 23rd? I don't fucking know anymore - and it made sense to me because Survivor starts that night. I thought usually Survivor starts when Big Brother finishes. There's still another week after that?! Kill me now.

However, it doesn't change my point even if I can't read a calendar. The two weeks point (or final 5-ish?) is when it's tumbleweed in here. There's just no reason to watch the feeds anymore once the numbers are so low so there's no reason to post that much. They spend more time staring at walls than doing anything. It's like playing The Sims but with autonomy turned off so they just stand there and... be. Boring.

ETA: Oh, hey, they usually do the premiere/finale together so I wasn't too far off. They just changed it for this year.

Edited by Callaphera
seriously, i can't math. if there's dyslexia for numbers, i have it.
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

But that's the problem - they're not looking at a camera and saying "We don't respect women because x, y, and z". It's more subtle so it's more open to interpretation.

Thanks for the detailed response. I do appreciate it. I actually haven’t witnessed most of what you describe, so I can’t offer an informed take on it. Ky’s long hugs are weird, but I figured he hugs like he talks: once he starts, he can’t stop. Definitely agree on the use of “exotic”— that’s a word that should go the way of “hysterical”.

I do get the sense that both X and Ky are the type of men who are most comfortable with traditional gender roles, where they take the lead and women play supporting roles. Especially X. That’s just a feeling, I don’t have concrete evidence. But it would explain why Ky didn’t see Tiffany as a worthy enough competitor.

I know both Ky and X have smiled and nodded through Deref’s rants about the useless women. I have given them a pass, assuming they were just humoring him as part of gameplay. But upon further consideration… I have not considered it ok in the past for HGs to give a pass to racist statements or jokes. So why is this any different? If anything, I should be more incensed, being a member of this particular maligned group. 

I may have to reconsider my whole stance on Azah taking the win.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

the term you’re looking for is dyscalculia; my wife has it.

I can't believe this is the first time I've heard this word! It describes me so well. (I got so excited after looking it up that I wrote and then accidentally erased a long post.) 

Throughout my education, I was always in the top tier of every class, even in my very large high school. Except for Arithmetic/Math where I struggled to learn the most basic concepts. It was maddening to me, because I tried sooo hard. 

In high school, even in country-wide exams, I was near the top of every subject, except for Algebra and Geometry, where I was literally in a remedial class. We students charmingly called it The Dumb Class. Each year we were only expected to learn the very basics, and even then, with great effort and studying at lunch, I just barely got a pass. It was so demoralizing. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my brain. 

Looking back, I can't believe no one ever remarked on this. I was just left to struggle along on my own, feeling stupid. 

Wow. I have a lot to think about!! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I do get the sense that both X and Ky are the type of men who are most comfortable with traditional gender roles, where they take the lead and women play supporting roles. Especially X.

Very this. And that can be fine but they have really diminished what Tiffany and Hannah have done for the CO so it starts to feel really off.

IMO X also has some real misogynoir issues. And has made some really icky comments. He said (paraphrased) 'I want my daughter to be light skinned and look exotic but then all the boys will want her milkshake and I don't like that.' There are so many gross things there I can't even start lol. He also clearly has a thing for 'exotic' women, which actually just means tan white women, which is an issue.

I have always been put off by Ky. He just gave me a weird feeling, even pre-show. Has he been as touchy-feely/had long ass hugs with the other men? I've never seen it. He would lie around behind SB with his arm around her neck for what felt like hours at times. It was odd.

Deref's misogyny is so much more obvious but, as @Callaphera pointed out, Ky and X's weird issues with women are more subtle and nuanced. Which actually makes it even worse to me.

• Love 14

Ky also talked down to Hannah a lot. She mentioned it in her exit interviews. 

I think it's hilarious X is having so many issues with Big D stressing him out. Serves him right for taking out Tiffany and Hannah. I'm glad he is showing why he isn't that great of a player. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

they have really diminished what Tiffany and Hannah have done for the CO so it starts to feel really off.

Right there is very long history of black women's labor being ignored, exploited and then other people taking credit for it. The CO men are not just diminishing all that Hannah/Tiff/Azah have done, but inflating their own contributions to the "cause".  For two men who want all the credit for being woke on the racial issue alone, to be so grossly NON intersectional about the way black women are uniquely oppressed in the world and on BB is just, IDK fuck them. And of course a ruthless/amoral game like BB is and has been a very convenient cover for a fuckton of racism/sexism/ageism. I do think it's interesting how many neuro atypical players have managed to go far but of course the ones who went far were ALSO white cis men (Ian/Steve).

I'm living for Derek F fucking up X's game (seriously you all he was like WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING?), but also don't fuck up this cut Kyland plan you egomaniacal dipshit. This again exposes to me how X isn't actually playing the game well and is still doing well mostly cause he's an (attractive) man. He can and probably will beat any of these three people in final two, but yes with three comps to go getting rid of Ky is a good idea. I loved Taran's analysis the other day that it's perfectly reasonable for X to assume that Ky is lying to him about wanting to go to final two because it's deeply stupid/irrational, but NO Kyland just is deeply stupid/irrational, but there's no way for X to sus it out. LOL.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I can't believe this is the first time I've heard this word! It describes me so well. (I got so excited after looking it up that I wrote and then accidentally erased a long post.) 

Throughout my education, I was always in the top tier of every class, even in my very large high school. Except for Arithmetic/Math where I struggled to learn the most basic concepts. It was maddening to me, because I tried sooo hard. 

In high school, even in country-wide exams, I was near the top of every subject, except for Algebra and Geometry, where I was literally in a remedial class. We students charmingly called it The Dumb Class. Each year we were only expected to learn the very basics, and even then, with great effort and studying at lunch, I just barely got a pass. It was so demoralizing. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my brain. 

Looking back, I can't believe no one ever remarked on this. I was just left to struggle along on my own, feeling stupid. 

Wow. I have a lot to think about!! 

I go back and forth about whether I have dyspraxia or dyscalculia.  They are similar in terms of difficulties with math, clocks, time, etc. But the former also has a component of problems with weak muscles, gross motor function, etc. 

Some day when the pandemic allows us to focus on less dire health/brain concerns, I'm going to try to get a real diagnosis.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, blixie said:

Right there is very long history of black women's labor being ignored, exploited and then other people taking credit for it. The CO men are not just diminishing all that Hannah/Tiff/Azah have done, but inflating their own contributions to the "cause".  For two men who want all the credit for being woke on the racial issue alone, to be so grossly NON intersectional about the way black women are uniquely oppressed in the world and on BB is just, IDK fuck them. And of course a ruthless/amoral game like BB is and has been a very convenient cover for a fuckton of racism/sexism/ageism. I do think it's interesting how many neuro atypical players have managed to go far but of course the ones who went far were ALSO white cis men (Ian/Steve).

I'm living for Derek F fucking up X's game (seriously you all he was like WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING?), but also don't fuck up this cut Kyland plan you egomaniacal dipshit. This again exposes to me how X isn't actually playing the game well and is still doing well mostly cause he's an (attractive) man. He can and probably will beat any of these three people in final two, but yes with three comps to go getting rid of Ky is a good idea. I loved Taran's analysis the other day that it's perfectly reasonable for X to assume that Ky is lying to him about wanting to go to final two because it's deeply stupid/irrational, but NO Kyland just is deeply stupid/irrational, but there's no way for X to sus it out. LOL.

I agree with all of this.  A single emoji won't do😎  I'm a guy, whiter than rice, and I hate the sexism and racism, especially toward black women.  My teenage home (built 1828) in NW New Jersey may have been a stop on the Underground Railroad.  Love Harriet Tubman.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all get along?"

• Love 2

If X has the nerve to actually carry out his plan to cut Ky now instead of honoring that F2 deal, he'll deserve the win.  Why would you keep someone who has as many comp wins as Ky around, especially at F4?  

And, I bet he cuts Deref at F3, to be honest, because he knows that all the jury members were talking about how likeable Deref is and how they'd be scared to sit next to him at F2.  Who would vote for Azah over him?  Britini and ???  No one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3