Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I know Tiffany rubs some people the wrong way, but I would argue that Kyland and Xavier have a much higher sense of superiority. I do think Kyland sometimes has good game instincts and did work his ass off on Sarah Beth, but what exactly has Xavier done this season? Tiffany was the one who formed the structure of the cookout. 

I don't like Kyland either, but I can't see any scenario where he wins. 

X, IMO has kept this whole thing operating. He could've won any comp he wanted to, but he knew when to fall back and helped ensure that they made it this far. He's been my guy from day one, so I'm gonna ride it out with him.

• Love 8
On 9/10/2021 at 2:32 AM, 30 Helens said:

The theme of Ky’s HoH week is Transparency. He is going to be transparent with his subjects. He wants them to be transparent with him. He is going to say “transparent” at least five times in every conversation.

Interesting metaphysical question there: how transparent is a wall of words…?  🧐

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I'll guess many will consider her a "floater"  I think the generally accepted definition is "one who floats to the power"

Azah got into a 6 person alliance early on and has floated along with them without having to actually DO anything other than being a reliable vote.  (DF too.)

Any winning strategy is a winning strategy.  (Josh beating Paul, ugh.  That was like a "Blow Up the Stadium" game.)

Actually Azah is more “coaster” than “floater”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think if you join a dominant alliance early on, that's good enough gameplay for me. What did Nicole F do to "deserve" being in the dominant alliance in BB18? What did Jordan do to "deserve" being in a strong alliance in BB11? 

MOST BB winners are people who were the less-threatening members of a strong alliance that win because they didn't piss people off. So Azah would be a fine winner. Not an impressive winner by any stretch, but a fine winner.

Now, okay, Derek would be an insane winner, as who would you even vote him in over? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think if you join a dominant alliance early on, that's good enough gameplay for me. What did Nicole F do to "deserve" being in the dominant alliance in BB18? What did Jordan do to "deserve" being in a strong alliance in BB11? 

MOST BB winners are people who were the less-threatening members of a strong alliance that win because they didn't piss people off. So Azah would be a fine winner. Not an impressive winner by any stretch, but a fine winner.

Now, okay, Derek would be an insane winner, as who would you even vote him in over? 

Can't believe I am saying positive about Franzel's game play but she did want the first HOH for that reason if I remember correctly...so I give her a little more credit than Jordan, but she goes down in my rankings because her first game was so bad. 

Also Jordan was never in the dominant alliance since that was Jesse's alliance. Jordan was nicely positioned because of her personality but comparing her to Azah is a good one I think. 

Edited by choclatechip45

People have all different theories about that first HOH. Some say you need it and others say you don’t. Lately though, it looks to help you form a group because you’re the HOH and everyone is sucking up to you. Granted, they aren’t all blob alliances and some don’t even make that far but it can’t hurt. I guess my opinion is you (I) want the HOH. At least, you know you aren’t going home week 1.

2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

People have all different theories about that first HOH. Some say you need it and others say you don’t. Lately though, it looks to help you form a group because you’re the HOH and everyone is sucking up to you. Granted, they aren’t all blob alliances and some don’t even make that far but it can’t hurt. I guess my opinion is you (I) want the HOH. At least, you know you aren’t going home week 1.

In modern Big Brother you want the first HOH to form the dominant alliance to run the game. I think in old school Big Brother it made you more of a threat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

In modern Big Brother you want the first HOH to form the dominant alliance to run the game. I think in old school Big Brother it made you more of a threat. 

Very true.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think if you join a dominant alliance early on, that's good enough gameplay for me. 

But in the case of the CO, everyone joined almost by default. No strategy, judgment or gameplay required. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm 100% on board with the CO, and I'm thrilled they made it to F6. But I don't think all members deserve credit for good gameplay. I really believe some of them just lucked out. 

(Sorry Azah. I absolutely love you but you aren't close to being cutthroat enough to be a true BB player.) 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

But Tiffany has been doing this since the beginning. And not just about Sarah Beth - it's been about Brent and Whitney and Frenchie but they weren't well liked so it kinda got a pass.

I’m not going to go on an anti-Tiffany rant because I still mostly like like her and I still feel a little protective of her because she’s about to be royally screwed over, BUT. Any trash talking she did about the above-mentioned people is different, IMO. She wasn’t closely aligned with them and she didn’t pretend to be their best friends before they left.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with her saying something along the lines of “Poor Claire, too bad you weren’t a little smarter or more intuitive, maybe you could have stayed around longer.” But she was literally complaining about how badly Claire was getting on her nerves with all the crying and wanting to talk while Tiffany was trying to sleep. “Go away, I’m done with you!” was a direct quote and coming from someone who was just sobbing over how hard it was to put a close friend on the block, it was shockingly cold. 

I get that it’s a game, and I’m not one to feel bad for the evictees, even the ones I like. I also didn’t mind the trash talk from the other HGs. But for Tiffany to throw her head back and laugh about how dumb and clueless Claire was, and go on and on about how annoying she was on her last day, was too much even for me. Ky didn’t do that to SB, or X to Alyssa. I just thought it was unnecessarily cruel, and frankly astonishing considering how much Tiffany professed to like her.

OK, so I guess I did go on a bit of an anti-Tiffany rant after all. But I still want her to take down the guys because a) they’re obnoxious in their own ways, and b) she invented the strategy and deserves the recognition.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m not going to go on an anti-Tiffany rant because I still mostly like like her and I still feel a little protective of her because she’s about to be royally screwed over, BUT. Any trash talking she did about the above-mentioned people is different, IMO. She wasn’t closely aligned with them and she didn’t pretend to be their best friends before they left.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with her saying something along the lines of “Poor Claire, too bad you weren’t a little smarter or more intuitive, maybe you could have stayed around longer.” But she was literally complaining about how badly Claire was getting on her nerves with all the crying and wanting to talk while Tiffany was trying to sleep. “Go away, I’m done with you!” was a direct quote and coming from someone who was just sobbing over how hard it was to put a close friend on the block, it was shockingly cold. 

I get that it’s a game, and I’m not one to feel bad for the evictees, even the ones I like. I also didn’t mind the trash talk from the other HGs. But for Tiffany to throw her head back and laugh about how dumb and clueless Claire was, and go on and on about how annoying she was on her last day, was too much even for me. Ky didn’t do that to SB, or X to Alyssa. I just thought it was unnecessarily cruel, and frankly astonishing considering how much Tiffany professed to like her.

OK, so I guess I did go on a bit of an anti-Tiffany rant after all. But I still want her to take down the guys because a) they’re obnoxious in their own ways, and b) she invented the strategy and deserves the recognition.

When SB was HOH she said Tiffany was one of the few people she trusted because she was the only person who listened to her. Maybe Tiffany has a mist?

• LOL 2
37 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Something I've noticed about Tiffany: she is one of those people who acts like a mean girl around guys. When it's just girls around (like Hannah) she's a lot nicer and warmer. But when guys are around it's like she wants to be cool by being mean.

For a mature woman it's shockingly juvenile but I definitely picked up on it. I don't think she's even aware of it. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Something I've noticed about Tiffany: she is one of those people who acts like a mean girl around guys. When it's just girls around (like Hannah) she's a lot nicer and warmer. But when guys are around it's like she wants to be cool by being mean.

For a mature woman it's shockingly juvenile but I definitely picked up on it. I don't think she's even aware of it. 

Interesting, but she has been somewhat catty towards the guys like speculating Xavier spent time being in prison which I thought she went overboard with. 

Now that I think about it the Azah/Jordan comparison isn't great.  Since at least during her first season Jordan did want to win the money since her family was having financial issues while Azah has said she is okay with not winning the money. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Interesting, but she has been somewhat catty towards the guys like speculating Xavier spent time being in prison which I thought she went overboard with. 

Now that I think about it the Azah/Jordan comparison isn't great.  Since at least during her first season Jordan did want to win the money since her family was having financial issues while Azah has said she is okay with not winning the money. 

I don't think the Azah/Jordan comps are precise, either, but I just mean the general BB thing of, "Hang around and win because the other threats were eliminated and you win because you didn't have to do anything and thus no one hates you or hates you less than the other person" is a legit strategy. You don't have to "earn" a spot in an alliance. 

• Love 2

Right now, they are being all nice on the feeds. I don’t pay $$$$ for this shit. I want my drama people. LOL!!!!

Hanna was explaining the timeline for the Final HOH & Vetos. They obviously don’t know about the double on Thursday which is nice. I’m sure Big D will be crapping his pants when he hears about it. He might not have time to beg and plead with anyone in the commercial breaks. LOL!!!! Ky can’t play….I think….so  I guess it’s anyone’s game for the HOH & Veto but I think X will have a leg up on all of them for the second HOH/Veto on Thursday. It should be interesting. Also, can you imagine if Big D and Azha make it to the Final 3? CBS will reset the whole season if that happens. LOL!!!! They must be pulling their hair out over the potential of that happening. Me too. 

Edited by ByaNose
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't think the Azah/Jordan comps are precise, either, but I just mean the general BB thing of, "Hang around and win because the other threats were eliminated and you win because you didn't have to do anything and thus no one hates you or hates you less than the other person" is a legit strategy. You don't have to "earn" a spot in an alliance. 

Yeah that is fair. Azah to her credit did spend a lot of time in the middle weeks convincing Deref not to blow up the cookout. 

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Right now, they are being all nice on the feeds. I don’t pay $$$$ for this shit. I want my drama people. LOL!!!! Hanna was explaining the time line for the Final HOH & Vetos. They obviously don’t know about the double on Thursday which is nice. I’m sure Big D will be crapping his pants. He might not have time to beg and plead with anyone in the commercial breaks. LOL!!!! Ky can’t play….I think….so  I guess it’s anyone’s game for the HOH & Veto but I think X will,have a leg up on all of them for the second HOH/Veto on Thursday. It should be interesting. Also, can you imagine if Big D and Azha make it to the Final 3? CBS will reset the whole season if that happens. LOL!!!! They must be pulling their hair out over the potential of that happening. Me too. 

Except Big D is Julie's favorite for some reason which surprised me since for all of Julie's faults she usually likes the female players so it sort of surprised me she didn't jump on the Tiffany train. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We were all expecting for the 6 to get to the final 6 so the game would really start and we are going to have a boring week of expecting Tiffany to go, followed by Hannah in the double eviction.🥱

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, himela said:

We were all expecting for the 6 to get to the final 6 so the game would really start and we are going to have a boring week of expecting Tiffany to go, followed by Hannah in the double eviction.🥱

There's an old basketball saying that a series doesn't really start until the road team wins a game and similarly, a bro down doesn't stop until someone other than a guy wins an HoH. There's a very good chance Ky and X just trade off wins down the stretch here.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

There's an old basketball saying that a series doesn't really start until the road team wins a game and similarly, a bro down doesn't stop until someone other than a guy wins an HoH. There's a very good chance Ky and X just trade off wins down the stretch here.

Yeah, I could see X & Ky just winning back to back HOH and/or Veto and make it to the Final 3. I hate it but if it prevents a Big D and Azha Final 2 I’m okay with it. LOL!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, ByaNose said:

Big D. STFU!
He’s still talking like he’s done something in this game. He also said he would like a hosting job after the show. Um, it would help if you did something and maybe won. It’s hysterical. He’s done NOTHING!

And he needs to work on his skills if he wants to host! 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, Lamb18 said:

Doesn't Kyland like to wear black socks with his sneakers or sandals? A totally HR thing. Reminds me of 50-60 years ago of my dad mowing the lawn in wingtips and black socks.

That is a legit look - I have teenaged sons and work in a high school. It is not considered dweeby now. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

X, IMO has kept this whole thing operating. He could've won any comp he wanted to,

Based on what? Sincerely asking. Because often the smartest and most athletic don’t always win comps. He talks about throwing comps but so do DerekF and Azah, I believe.

Now he HAS been working hard at controlling the CO but I just don’t believe he would be dominant in comps but never has been. (hasn’t he just won a veto?)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

That is a legit look - I have teenaged sons and work in a high school. It is not considered dweeby now. 

Really?  Then I guess I should stop telling my husband he looks like an idiot?

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Really?  Then I guess I should stop telling my husband he looks like an idiot?

Your husband is no longer an idiot.

He is a trendsetter!

HE IS AN INFLUENCER!!!

… Well, maybe not. But he’s not an idiot.
Not about the socks, anyway.

• LOL 12
9 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Apparently SB's family is being harassed and getting death threats. Wtf?

That's terrifying. Unfortunately there can be thousands of viewers who love her but it only takes a handful of ignorant people to make her and her family afraid. The worst part is that they can't tell if the posts are coming from legitimately vengeful, unbalanced people, or just some teenager snickering at his keyboard before he starts on his homework. Very sad. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Apparently SB's family is being harassed and getting death threats. Wtf? People are garbage.

That is ridiculous.  I don't like SB much as a character on a reality show.  I did not want her to win and wasn't sad she was evicted.  That being what it is, I would never even think to contact her directly to let her know that, let alone harass her family or wish her ill.  I just don't get it.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

That's terrifying. Unfortunately there can be thousands of viewers who love her but it only takes a handful of ignorant people to make her and her family afraid. The worst part is that they can't tell if the posts are coming from legitimately vengeful, unbalanced people, or just some teenager snickering at his keyboard before he starts on his homework. Very sad. 

This is the part of BB fandom I will never get.

I've disliked many HG's before. Some I went from dislike to contempt for their ignorance (Aaryn, Gina Marie). But I've never, ever thought of harassing a HG's family member. Like ... wtf? 

• Love 8

A lot of BB fandom is so toxic that this doesn’t surprise in me at all. I come across people threatening to cyber bully X and DF all the time on Twitter.  People think that someone targeting their favorite in the game is justification to harass another player.  SMH.  It is just a game people.

• Love 6

I don’t get it. Why would anyone want to harass Sarah Beth? It would be like harassing a puppy. Yes, the puppy can be annoying. It’s always bouncing around, trying to lick your face and peeing on the carpet. But it’s also cute and sweet and essentially harmless, so just pet it (or not) and let it be. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

… Well, maybe not. But he’s not an idiot.
Not about the socks, anyway.

No, not really an idiot. But his idea of fashion is to reach into the closet and just put on the first thing he touches. I guess I should just be happy that both socks are the same color. (But only because I bundle them in pairs.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

In more "Things that look insane to regular people, but look normal to BB fans" realizations: 

Using Derex and Deref would make no sense to someone, and probably look like typos of the same word; however, we all know that they're not only not typos, but also exactly what those non-typos mean without a second thought. And that those typos are two separate, different people.

Very different people lol

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
forgot a not lol
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Using Derex and Deref would make no sense to someone, and probably look like typos of the same word;

LOL.  I actually like that people shortened in to DerF.  DerF seems more fitting.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Using Derex and Deref would make no sense to someone, and probably look like typos of the same word;

And now I'm wondering why I don't just say Derek. Too late though. They'll always be Derex and Deref to me from now on, even if they return another season as the only Derek. 😁

• Love 4