Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

I think it will be hilarious ending to the season - when Julie gets ready to announce the winner of America's Favorite House Guest. 

Everyone is gathered on stage.  Julie starts with Congratulations Derek......and Deref, so desperate for any kind of win, has convinced himself it is him, LOL.

Screenshot the look on his face for priceless BB memes:)

Edited by tealeaves
  • LOL 12

I mean, everyone cracks on Deref for being lame but let's not forget, the largest portion of the audience voted to give him the highest amount of BB Bucks every week and no, it wasn't possible to vote for the wrong Derek unless you messed up their last initial. The guy is loved by the broadcast only audience. I don't think he'll win AFP but he's certainly well liked by a large part of the viewers.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Using Derex and Deref would make no sense to someone, and probably look like typos of the same word; however, we all know that they're not only not typos, but also exactly what those non-typos mean without a second thought. And that those typos are two separate, different people.

It’s all BB’s fault for casting two Dereks in the same season. It’s not like Derek is that common of a name; it’s an easily avoidable thing. Didn’t we suffer enough with dueling Nicoles last season? (Which, in hindsight, should have been Nicola and Nicolf.)

But future contestants be warned: If you’re on with a same-named person and your last name starts with F, you are the worst one.

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't think he'll win AFP but he's certainly well liked by a large part of the viewers

It’s only because they don’t have feeds. If they only knew the real, unedited Deref.

• LOL 7

Azah is confessing to Ky: Her strategy coming in was to play like a badass. She wanted to form an all-girls alliance and take down the guys. The first member of this alliance was Britini. (The CO came after.) So when Britini went on the block for the crime of trying to form an all-girls alliance* and never defended herself by turning on Azah, the true architect, Azah felt so guilty. That’s why she was so protective of Britini and had such a hard time turning on her.

*Was this the stated reason? I don’t remember this.

• Useful 5

It’s a mutual backslap bro-down between X and Ky. They can’t believe nobody knows how close they are! They are so clever for keeping their alliance hidden! They discuss how they see the rest of the season unfolding, starting with evicting Tiffany and intimidating Hannah enough so she’s afraid to come after them. (Because she can only remove one at a time, and beware the wrath of the other…)

The only way Ky can re-earn my respect is if he backdoors X this week. Does he really think X is loyal to him? X doesn’t give a crap about worthy competitors. He’ll eliminate Ky in a heartbeat if it helps him win.

1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

For some insight into my brain, I read Nicola like those classic Ricola commercials.

Niiiiiiiiiicolaaaaaaaaa.

For some insight into our shared brain, that jingle also ran through my head when I typed that. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 6

Ky and Tiffany are lying together on the HoH bed. In the interest of transparency, he lists the many ways in which she has disappointed him. She didn’t trust him this time, she hurt his feelings that time, and above all she has not always been transparent.

Tiff apologizes/ takes it because what else can she do. Then she starts making her pitch, which is basically replace her with X because the only way Ky can win is to send him home. Ky insists he doesn’t have the votes to do that. “If not now, when?” she says. She hasn’t considered that Ky actually wants to keep X in the game, because what kind of dumbass move is that.

Tiff: “What is this, Batman and Superman? You’re not making a Marvel comics movie, you’re trying to win Big Brother!”

• Love 8
8 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Speaking of COVID, Derf says he can't smell or taste. 

Did he say he'd had COVID or if this was longstanding?  There are other reasons this can happen--I know of a woman who, I believe, was in a car accident and couldn't afterwards.  Hasn't Deref done some boxing?  maybe he got punched in the nose too often!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, everyone cracks on Deref for being lame but let's not forget, the largest portion of the audience voted to give him the highest amount of BB Bucks every week and no, it wasn't possible to vote for the wrong Derek unless you messed up their last initial. The guy is loved by the broadcast only audience. I don't think he'll win AFP but he's certainly well liked by a large part of the viewers.

I think that sentiment has shifted - as Deref continues to linger in the house week after week - without winning competitions, doing little, just riding on the coat tails of the CO.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2021 at 11:56 PM, 30 Helens said:

I wouldn’t have had a problem with her saying something along the lines of “Poor Claire, too bad you weren’t a little smarter or more intuitive, maybe you could have stayed around longer.” But she was literally complaining about how badly Claire was getting on her nerves with all the crying and wanting to talk while Tiffany was trying to sleep. “Go away, I’m done with you!” was a direct quote and coming from someone who was just sobbing over how hard it was to put a close friend on the block, it was shockingly cold. 

I don’t watch the feeds I just read this board.  I’m so upset to hear this!  I felt bad for Claire for being a victim due to circumstances she has no control over, which is having lighter skin. Exactly how I felt when the darker skinned people were picked off one by one that season “in camp”. Thoroughly disgusting.   I get why the CO was formed and the horrible unfairness that led them to do it.  I still felt bad for the others as human beings.  But Claire being so understanding and gracious about it shows her true human kindness.  She never had a chance at the money, she just found that out, she was put up by her closest ally, for goodness sake let her cry!  This shows me a side of Tiffany that I find despicable.  Finally I have someone to actively root against. 

• Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, choclatechip45 said:

“My biggest complaint of The Cookout is that we didn't get to see Tiffany be as good of a player as we should have. “

This!  This is what has been bugging me all season but I couldn’t figure out exactly why. I get why the cookout was formed and it is very impressive that six strangers were able to put aside their individual games for a bigger purpose. But I think this CO alliance has restrained some awesome game moves that in any other season would have been made.  Actually don’t you think it would have been more impressive if a member of the cook out won without the cookout? I think with this cast a cookout member could have won regardless of the alliance  

Say there were 2 or 3 competing alliances. Claire, Tiff, Hannah, DX vs Ky, X, Alyssa, SB Christian. And a bunch of floaters.  There would have to be real strategizing and gameplay to sway the floaters to vote one way or the other. And with this group I think it could have been really interesting. I feel like this was a great cast but it could have been so much better.  And I think at least 4 of the 6 would still be in the game. 

don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying they we were wrong to form the cookout it’s just that it has been so long that we have had interesting gameplay and this is the cast that could have brought it  

ymmv. 

Edited by Pixiebomb
Something went wrong wit the quotes.
  • Love 14

I'll jump in and say I don't get the SB hatred, unless the "woke" crowd just thought it was cool to hate her because Tiffany did. She was about as bland and boring as she could possibly be.  People have huge balls when they're hiding behind a screen.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Based on what? Sincerely asking. Because often the smartest and most athletic don’t always win comps. He talks about throwing comps but so do DerekF and Azah, I believe.

Now he HAS been working hard at controlling the CO but I just don’t believe he would be dominant in comps but never has been. (hasn’t he just won a veto?)

I guess I'm taking him at his word where he talks about throwing comps. He obviously has the physical skills, and he's a smart guy. DereF possesses neither of those things. Unless there's a nap-off, he was never going to win anything (which is what I said in episode 1). I guess Azah could be throwing comps, but if that was true, why would she whine so much about people not throwing them to her?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

There is no way I could even play this game.  There are many, many, reasons why I could never play this game.  Not the least of which is I would never apply...

But if I did, I'd want would go into it with the Queen Sandra from Survivor strategy:  Anybody but me.  Sandra is credited with being devious and manipulative, but mostly she was deflective.  She literally didn't care who was going at each vote unless she was in danger, and then the aforementioned deviousness and manipulations would rev up, and suddenly she'd be out of the hot seat and the target would shift to someone else.  Whoever that someone else was didn't matter to Sandra, just whoever was most convenient and easiest to re-target the cross-hairs onto.

See, I'd want to go into the BB house with that strategy, but five minutes in the door I'd get suckered into actually liking people (and disliking people) and then I'd just be chum in the loose affiliation of outsiders who would get voted out early on, well before jury.

But the question I have is this: in the BB world, is Sandra's "Anybody but me" strategy a floater or coaster game? 

Edited by HurricaneVal
forgot a 'd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

I guess I'm taking [X] at his word where he talks about throwing comps. He obviously has the physical skills, and he's a smart guy. DereF possesses neither of those things. Unless there's a nap-off, he was never going to win anything (which is what I said in episode 1). I guess Azah could be throwing comps, but if that was true, why would she whine so much about people not throwing them to her?

If you think about it, X has done an absolutely fabulous job of creating for himself a win/win facade this season - and all thanks to the CO and the context it provided.

The term you hear the other HGs apply to X most frequently in terms of comps is that he is a “juggernaut”, but why? It’s certainly not borne out by X’s comp win record. X has 1 HoH win and 2 PoV wins on his resume.  Comparatively speaking, Kyland’s 3 HoH / 1 PoV record easily outstrips X for the title of season juggernaut.

So why does everybody in the CO think X is such a comp beast? Simple - X told them so.  After every comp X didn’t win he has made a point of repeatedly emphasizing to the other CO members how he could’ve won that comp easily - but he is constantly having to throw comps, to advance the cause of the CO.  
See how that works? Even when X doesn’t win, he wins.  In the pre-F6 context, within the CO X appears to be a strong member of the alliance the other members want to keep around for protection.  Outside the CO (and his claims of forfeiture for the benefit of the alliance), X appears to be someone who should be good at comps, but isn’t - and is therefore a correspondingly decreased threat.

Now, this plan worked great in the pre-F6 world - but what about now, when all the CO members have been misted into thinking X is a significant comp beast?  The answer is proven relatively simple.  Partner with one or more other strong players, and execute a MAD approach; if anybody wins HoH and targets one of us, the other(s) will come for that HoH next - and given that this new sub-alliance would be composed of strong players, that threat could be considered very real.  And Kyland just handed X such an alliance on a silver platter in the form of “The Gentlemen” - which at this point I would say has a better than 50% chance of success in getting both of them to F2.

Suffice it to say that at this point I think X has a better-than-even chance of making it to one of the F2 chairs - and whether or not you like him personally, it’s kinda hard to fault his gameplay.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

There is no way I could even play this game.  There are many, many, reasons why I could never play this game.  Not the least of which is I would never apply...

But if I did, I'd want would go into it with the Queen Sandra from Survivor strategy:  Anybody but me.  Sandra is credited with being devious and manipulative, but mostly she was deflective.  She literally didn't care who was going at each vote unless she was in danger, and then the aforementioned deviousness and manipulations would rev up, and suddenly she'd be out of the hot seat and the target would shift to someone else.  Whoever that someone else was didn't matter to Sandra, just whoever was most convenient and easiest to re-target the cross-hairs onto.

See, I'd want to go into the BB house with that strategy, but five minutes in the door I'd get suckered into actually liking people (and disliking people) and then I'd just be chum in the loose affiliation of outsiders who would get voted out early on, well before jury.

But the question I have is this: in the BB world, is Sandra's "Anybody but me" strategy a floater or coaster game? 

I'm with you on never wanting to be on this show. However, my reasoning is different. I know I'd never stand a chance because I wouldn't be able to tolerate all the nonstop whining and crying. For instance, if I was in the house with Britini, I'd have lost it on her third (or so) meltdown. I just can't deal with people who cry and whine incessantly. Azah would be throwing a fit about not getting handed an HoH, and I'd go off the deep end.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

in the BB world, is Sandra's "Anybody but me" strategy a floater or coaster game? 

Active gameplay, loose associations with multiple players, strong associations with few or none…?  Floater, definitely.

A coaster wouldn’t put in that much work - and in any case, a coaster’s MO would be to glom on to the nearest strong alliance and ride it into the ground.

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The dealbreaker for me is no reading material at all.  I would have major withdrawls.

Not far behind you; I’d be reading the toothpaste tubes, and initiating discussions about the contents.  ;) 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

This!  This is what has been bugging me all season but I couldn’t figure out exactly why. I get why the cookout was formed and it is very impressive that six strangers were able to put aside their individual games for a bigger purpose. But I think this CO alliance has restrained some awesome game moves that in any other season would have been made.  Actually don’t you think it would have been more impressive if a member of the cook out won without the cookout? I think with this cast a cookout member could have won regardless of the alliance  

Say there were 2 or 3 competing alliances. Claire, Tiff, Hannah, DX vs Ky, X, Alyssa, SB Christian. And a bunch of floaters.  There would have to be real strategizing and gameplay to sway the floaters to vote one way or the other. And with this group I think it could have been really interesting. I feel like this was a great cast but it could have been so much better.  And I think at least 4 of the 6 would still be in the game. 

don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying they we were wrong to form the cookout it’s just that it has been so long that we have had interesting gameplay and this is the cast that could have brought it  

ymmv. 

I was thinking about this earlier too. The great irony of this season is that pretty much all the best players in the cast were Cookout members and they probably didn't need an F6 alliance to get to the end. Well, except Azah and Deref, obviously.

But who else posed a threat, really? Certainly none of the pre-jury boots. Travis and Whitney basically chose to let death take them once they hit the block. Everybody disliked Brent. Christian was a physical comp beast and they all knew it, so he would've been out by early jury at best. Frenchie was Frenchie. 

As for the jury, Britini was all talk, no walk, but mostly cry. Derex was a comp threat but lacked knowledge of the game and likely would've needed hand-holding to get to the end. Claire was mostly a warm body and a vote (well, and a really good heart). SB barely edged out Derex for her HoH. Alyssa was a semi-credible threat, but the self-absorption and social obliviousness would've done her in eventually.

So yeah, I can certainly understand why the Cookout formed and I don't blame them in the least, because of this particular show's history. But at the same time, it denied us the Tiffany/Hannah/Claire/Derex vs. X/Kyland/SB/Alyssa shootout that would've been more fun. With the Jokers standing on the sidelines, hoping not to be hit by stray bullets and praying one of them will last long enough to be an F2 goat.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Not far behind you; I’d be reading the toothpaste tubes, and initiating discussions about the contents.  ;) 

Really? I prefer cereal boxes myself. More plot, better characters. 

• LOL 17
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Yeah, but the plot of cereal boxes is always a foregone conclusion: the sugar did it.  With toothpaste, though, there’s much more suspense:

• Paste or gel? 
  • Baking soda or not?
  • Stannous fluoride, or sodium fluoride?  

The mind reels at the possibilities….    😁

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Suffice it to say that at this point I think X has a better-than-even chance of making it to one of the F2 chairs - and whether or not you like him personally, it’s kinda hard to fault his gameplay.

I think your analysis of X’s gameplay is spot on. He is definitely one of, if not The, best strategists this year and well deserving of a win. But this is the point in the season where should win and do I want to win often part ways.

I can’t help it; I’m a rooter for the underdog. I also hate arrogance and entitlement. The more X thinks the win belongs to him, the more I don’t want him to have it. I can’t root for someone like Azah because although her floating strategy is valid, it’s not enough for me. So for me at this point, it’s Hannah all the way. Good strategist, underdog, no ego.

But she’ll probably be out the door on Thursday, right after Tiffany. And with the remaining choices… hate to say it, but I may be back to X.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I’m slightly suspicious of what goes on in my cereal cupboard after dark…. In the morning  Captain Crunch always has a smirk on his face.. and the Trix bunny looks traumatized…

34 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think your analysis of X’s gameplay is spot on. He is definitely one of, if not The, best strategists this year and well deserving of a win. But this is the point in the season where should win and do I want to win often part ways.

I can’t help it; I’m a rooter for the underdog. I also hate arrogance and entitlement. The more X thinks the win belongs to him, the more I don’t want him to have it. I can’t root for someone like Azah because although her floating strategy is valid, it’s not enough for me. So for me at this point, it’s Hannah all the way. Good strategist, underdog, no ego.

But she’ll probably be out the door on Thursday, right after Tiffany. And with the remaining choices… hate to say it, but I may be back to X.

I wish X would quit gloating and be a little more humble…. I’d probably feel better about him winning.

Overall I’d still rather see X win than Cody, pig face Derrick, Dick or Boogie… it still pisses me off that they won 🤮

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'll jump in and say I don't get the SB hatred, unless the "woke" crowd just thought it was cool to hate her because Tiffany did. She was about as bland and boring as she could possibly be.  People have huge balls when they're hiding behind a screen.

Did everyone forget that Sarah Beth took out probably the most loved player this season and gloated about it? Yeah, that'll get you some hate. Not saying it's warranted, it never is, just saying that I don't think it's just because Tiffany hated her. Sarah Beth did her very best to be a villain in her HoH week and told America that.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Did everyone forget that Sarah Beth took out probably the most loved player this season and gloated about it? Yeah, that'll get you some hate. Not saying it's warranted, it never is, just saying that I don't think it's just because Tiffany hated her. Sarah Beth did her very best to be a villain in her HoH week and told America that.

I think the baby voice must throw people because to me, she totally came across like a bitch.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Sarah Beth did her very best to be a villain in her HoH week and told America that.

Well, to be fair she did tell America to wipe its butt with the BB Bucks. I'm sure that endeared her to millions. 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I’m old (47) and honestly don’t even know what “woke” even really means. But I am also a grown ass woman who can dislike Sarah Beth for her words and her actions which irritated me all season long and it has nothing to do with anyone else inside the house or out.

Anyone going to Twitter to hate on anyone and using their families accounts to do so I think is a pretty horrible human being. But I’m perfectly fine with Sarah Beth being my BEC for weeks. That two week stretch of Ky/SB being HOH? The severe HOHitis will traumatize me for seasons to come.

• Love 15

My mom just told me that apparently in one of the live feeds, Tiffany made a statement that America should let Ky know "what they think about him targeting two black women." 

Ok, so Tiffany wanted to get to the final 6 with all African American contestants because she says it's about making a change. But now she thinks that her and the females should be exempt from the block. 

Tell ya what, Tiffany. How bout since you're A)Black, B)Middle Aged, and C) Female, we go ahead and give this season to you. That way nobody would have to be upset about anything.

God, I wish viewers could volunteer to transport the houseguests to the jury house. I'd sign up to be the one to haul Tiffany off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Maybe I don't get it because I didn't consider Derek X to be all that loveable. Dude was stupid enough to announce his backdoor and then act shocked when he received pushback on it. I kinda almost liked him up to that point, but when you're biggest stroke of genius is, "I'm gonna tell Alyssa who is getting all the way down with Christian that I'm backdooring him," I refuse to root for you anymore. Wrote him off that night and eagerly awaited his eviction.

• Love 3

57 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

God, I wish viewers could volunteer to transport the houseguests to the jury house. I'd sign up to be the one to haul Tiffany off. 

I'll help you.

54 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Maybe I don't get it because I didn't consider Derek X to be all that loveable. Dude was stupid enough to announce his backdoor and then act shocked when he received pushback on it. I kinda almost liked him up to that point, but when you're biggest stroke of genius is, "I'm gonna tell Alyssa who is getting all the way down with Christian that I'm backdooring him," I refuse to root for you anymore. Wrote him off that night and eagerly awaited his eviction.

I consider him way overrated and think he didn't have a mind of his own. Only did what others told him to do.

But to each their own. I understand I'm in the minority here.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Well, to be fair she did tell America to wipe its butt with the BB Bucks. I'm sure that endeared her to millions. 😁

Sarah Beth also "took" the $5K away from nice, sweet, innocent Derex. Sarah Beth has done a fair amount in the game against Derex to earn a not so loved reaction from the fans. Also there was that week that she really did hang around like Moaning Myrtle that was just irritating as fuck but that's a me problem and I accept that.

There's a whole side piece over "Really? We're sending threats to someone because they were a villain for game reasons... in a game?" but this isn't the first time we've seen it.

1 minute ago, JayDub1987 said:

Maybe I don't get it because I didn't consider Derek X to be all that loveable.

I don't get all the love Tyler got in his first season, I hated his curly ass from the start, but it doesn't change the fact that he was very much loved. Also the Zankie fans. Like... why?

Derex was a favourite over all platforms and while some of the dramatics during his last week were just for fun, there were some people who were legitimately heartbroken and angry that he was going to jury. You could practically hear the Panic! At the Disco playing in the background. It was a lot. Big Brother Twitter was basically on suicide watch. Derex was a top earner in the Bucks, he was inoffensive and had chemistry with almost everyone on the cast, he was a POC but he wasn't part of the Cookout so it was okay to like him plus it cast him as an underdog even if he didn't realize it... there were a lot of layers to it but he was much loved. You're right that he didn't play a good game but that's sometimes less important to the larger audience than charm and personality and being attractive.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You're right that he didn't play a good game but that's sometimes less important to the larger audience than charm and personality and being attractive.

100%. 

20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There's a whole side piece over "Really? We're sending threats to someone because they were a villain for game reasons... in a game?" but this isn't the first time we've seen it.

As villains go, SB was pretty innocuous. Did Evel Dick or Boogie get death threats? To be clear, I do NOT think they or anyone should get them, or even really nasty tweets, but at least they were legitimately horrible to HGs, and I'm curious if they received the kind of vitriol that SB is getting.

No one was left afraid or emotionally devastated as a result of SB’s minor exploits, as certain people were by Dick and Boogie. It's like people are killing a mosquito with a jackhammer. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Let’s not forget Shelly Moore (BB13); wasn’t she the first HG to get publicly flambéd on SM, after she voted to evict Jeff Schroeder?

Yeah her daughter had to be escorted home from school by the police. They were sending death threats to the school. Insane.

2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

100%. 

As villains go, SB was pretty innocuous. Did Evel Dick or Boogie get death threats? To be clear, I do NOT think they or anyone should get them, or even really nasty tweets, but at least they were legitimately horrible to HGs, and I'm curious if they received the kind of vitriol that SB is getting.

No one was left afraid or emotionally devastated as a result of SB’s minor exploits, as certain people were by Dick and Boogie. It's like people are killing a mosquito with a jackhammer. 

I wish I could “Like” your post a million times!

Plus would SB have targeted Derex if the CO didn’t exist? I think at least some of her actions were driven by a whole lot of disinformation from Ky and others members of the CO…. I think SB thought she was a hero and did a good thing.

it’s like Julie asking Claire about her feelings for Tiffany BEFORE Claire knows the whole story of the CO and what a bitch Tiffany was after Claire was evicted….. it suited Julie and CBS’s propaganda machine to get Claire on the record before she knew the whole story and could have an informed reaction to her eviction.

maybe Claire wouldn’t have had such a “Child of God” reaction if she knew what was going on and how nasty Tiffany could be.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

it suited Julie and CBS’s propaganda machine to get Claire on the record before she knew the whole story and could have an informed reaction to her eviction.

maybe Claire wouldn’t have had such a “Child of God” reaction if she knew what was going on and how nasty Tiffany could be.

Agreed, and CBS/ BB will always put their interests above the needs of the player. But, I’m actually glad Claire didn’t have to provide an “informed” reaction on live TV.

I can’t imagine walking out of there with the hurt and disappointment I would already be feeling, only to be told “Oh, and by the way, those people you aligned with and considered your friends were only using you and never cared about helping your game. And they’re also laughing about you right now. How does that feel?” That kind of information dump needs time to process, alone, away from cameras.

Now, if Claire wants to give a statement after reflecting privately, I say hand her a microphone, give her a platform, and let her unleash her inner Child of Satan. That’s the Claire I want to meet.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

“Oh, and by the way, those people you aligned with and considered your friends were only using you and never cared about helping your game. And they’re also laughing about you right now

I believe that Tiffany and others were saying snarky and mean things about their people, even though I haven't seen the clips, just based on what I've read here. BUT I don't believe that Tiffany was faking her love for Claire. I'm pretty good at reading body language, even on TV, and I think they'll be friends after the show. (Or in jury, where Tiffany is doomed to end up soon. .) 

There are lots of reasons Tiffany could have been so nasty despite really caring about Claire. When Claire was crying and upset before leaving that must have been horrible for Tiffany, struggling with the extreme guilt, while knowing she had no choice. She was under incredible pressure to support the CO, both because she wanted the money, and because she knew that she'd look like a traitor to her cause and would be judged negatively by so many people. It was such a no win situation,and I can imagine her turning her anger on Claire, blaming her for being whiny and irritating. 

Very early in the game, I remember thinking that Tiffany was a lot, quite bossy and controlling, but she's not cold and heartless. Once she's voted out of the pressure cooker I expect her to feel awful about scenes of her mocking Claire. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Once she's voted out of the pressure cooker I expect her to feel awful about scenes of her mocking Claire. 

Definitely agree. I don’t think she’s a bad person, either. I think she’s a good person who had a bad moment. And I believe Claire will see that… eventually.
I honestly don’t know how anyone goes on this show without having a nervous breakdown afterward.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 10