Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Some people said it’s entirely possible they’re looking to sell it but then like rent it out from the new owner. Apparently this is a thing that happens with studios.

I would be shocked if Hannah was actually trying to win this HOH. She would have to nom Alyssa and she has spent 2 weeks gassing Alyssa up and making her feel like she has her back 100%. However, earlier Alyssa was telling Hannah that she may need to put her up as a pawn next to Tiffany so I’m hoping that tidbit will make Hannah go for HOH.

I think Hannah is going for it. She kept saying it all week. 

Can't imagine that there isn't a season 24. Even though ratings for this season are lower than last year, ratings are still pretty good overall. As someone mentioned up there ^^^, the show isn't expensive to make and taking up 3 hours a week during the summer is incredibly valuable.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Wow! What a great night. I hope the guys don't sulk over various petty grievances and spoil it.

Agreed. My favourite episode of BB to date, just for the stress and intensity of it. And how emotional it was when Claire was talking to Julie. And the muted, then louder celebration. What a great catharsis. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Has an alliance eating their own ever been exciting or enjoyable to watch? Not in a "I hate them all so I like to see them suffer" way, in an actual entertainment way.

We usually don't get it because the producers usually mess it up with an illtimed triple eviction or double or a stupid twist or someone gets evicted early. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Has an alliance eating their own ever been exciting or enjoyable to watch? Not in a "I hate them all so I like to see them suffer" way, in an actual entertainment way.

If DerekF keeps up his misogynistic patter, it might start being enjoyable if the women do well.

But honestly, I think all six are going to leave feeling like they have a place in history, so there's not going to be any grand humiliations. The viewers who are anti-CO for one reason or another aren't going to get the kind of satisfaction from these next weeks that they think they will.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But honestly, I think all six are going to leave feeling like they have a place in history, so there's not going to be any grand humiliations. The viewers who are anti-CO for one reason or another aren't going to get the kind of satisfaction from these next weeks that they think they will.

tumblr_m7aj1oziX81qbbb7uo1_500.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

If DerekF keeps up his misogynistic patter, it might start being enjoyable if the women do well.

A place in history???  This is just BB, a trashy TV show.  I am willing to bet that the winner of America's Favorite House Guest won't be a CO. 

I also expect that popular HGs like Derek X and Claire will be invited back in future seasons.

Edited by escape
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

You’re assuming you know what is in the hearts and minds of other people.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, escape said:

A place in history???  This is just BB, a trashy TV show.  I am willing to bet that the winner of America's Favorite House Guest won't be a CO. 

I said history, not History. No need to use up all your punctuation on me. 😉

• LOL 11

Ky desperately wanting this alliance to be the most successful alliance ever.  And to be fair, for the most part it is.  But I'm sorry, Maggie's cult will always be the most successful alliance ever.  Several of them HATED each other, but beating out the dumbass Six (Janelle/Kaysar)  alliance was much more important than their personal game.  I think she's a horrible person, but Maggie put together and kept together the best alliance ever.  All for a dumbass who went out week 3.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Ky desperately wanting this alliance to be the most successful alliance ever.  And to be fair, for the most part it is.  But I'm sorry, Maggie's cult will always be the most successful alliance ever.  Several of them HATED each other, but beating out the dumbass Six (Janelle/Kaysar)  alliance was much more important than their personal game.  I think she's a horrible person, but Maggie put together and kept together the best alliance ever.  All for a dumbass who went out week 3.

I think the Cookout is obviously MUCH easier to keep together than the Friendship, but I think the Cookout and the Brigade deserve credit for the outside people stuff. That's very clever. So I think all three are roughly equal. 

It's Derrick that had the easiest alliance to control ever.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, escape said:

A place in history???  This is just BB, a trashy TV show.

Well, yeah. Big Brother history. Which seems pretty fucking cool. I mean, I may not like Franzel or respect her game but I think it's pretty fucking cool that she holds claim to a couple of different historical moments, like being the first woman to win twice whatever the hell she accomplished being the first woman to beat a man in F2. Do I wish they went to someone else? Sure but it doesn't diminish her achievements because she wasn't my favourite. Faaar from it.

Edited by Callaphera
I'm giving Franzel waaay too much credit.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Well, yeah. Big Brother history. Which seems pretty fucking cool. I mean, I may not like Franzel or respect her game but I think it's pretty fucking cool that she holds claim to a couple of different historical moments, like being the first woman to win twice. Do I wish they went to someone else? Sure but it doesn't diminish her achievements because she wasn't my favourite. Faaar from it.

Franzel didn't win twice :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

Franzel didn't win twice :)

Oh fuck me. How did I get that wrong? She was the first to win against a man in F2, right? Also longest number of days lived in the house?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Hmmm, but all 6 members of Maggie's group didn't become the top 6.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Well, yeah. Big Brother history. Which seems pretty fucking cool. I mean, I may not like Franzel or respect her game but I think it's pretty fucking cool that she holds claim to a couple of different historical moments, like being the first woman to win twice. Do I wish they went to someone else? Sure but it doesn't diminish her achievements because she wasn't my favourite. Faaar from it.

Huh???  Franzel only won once.  No record in that at all.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Oh fuck me. How did I get that wrong? She was the first to win against a man in F2, right? Also longest number of days lived in the house?

I'm glad she didn't win twice, because I'd be sort of forced to acknowledge it, while now I can just write Cody's win off like I do Boogie's win. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Auntie Velvet said:

Hmmm, but all 6 members of Maggie's group didn't become the top 6.

You're right.  I was wrong - this IS the best alliance ever.  Maggie's alliance was just the most difficult "How did these people ever work together" alliance ever. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, escape said:

Huh???  Franzel only won once.  No record in that at all.

Yeah, I was wrong and edited to reflect that. The correct answer is above: Franzel is the first woman to beat a man in F2 and holds the record for most days lived in the Big Brother house.

Edited by Callaphera
i just keep getting it wrong tonight
  • Love 1

Does Ky know what words mean or does he just organize them randomly? Between this and the speech tonight this man is really out here saying he's the best communicator?!!

Edited by blixie
  • LOL 13

Hannah will be the one that they are bitter at. Also I kind of love how Hannah has become a low key villain. 

Nah, by the time any of the four of them are in jury, there's going to be ALL kinds of bitterness. 

• Love 3

I just listened to five minutes of Kyland talking about... something with Azah in the kitchen and I just realized that we could end up with an entire week of a Kyland HoH again and I'm not sure I could survive that.

Hannah will be the one that they are bitter at. Also I kind of love how Hannah has become a low key villain. 

Sarah Beth telling America to wipe their "butts" with the BB Bucks was peak BB23 villain. She really thought she did something there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Hannah is just one of those people who does everything in a lowkey bitchy way. 

That's why I like her. She's so young compared to them and it really shows now that the numbers are smaller. It's not mean, it's just that I don't think she realizes how abrasive she can be. She has a youthful arrogance and it works for her. It's fun to watch now that I'm so far removed from it now and I'm steadily marching towards middle aged crankiness.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

There will be bitterness when the next 4 COs are voted off - by their own alliance. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, escape said:

There will be bitterness when the next 4 COs are voted off - by their own alliance. 

But they're not an alliance anymore. Now there are smaller alliances within the F6. The Cookout dissolved the moment it achieved its goal. There's no more "greater cause" - there's just winning the game now and that's an individual thing.

ETA: I know I kept using the phrase "eat their own" because it's what we've always called it but to them, it's not eating their own - this is like New Game Plus for them.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10

I really do think they changed shit around so that the Cookout wouldn't reach the final six during a triple eviction, as otherwise, back-to-back double evictions really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And since we know they LOVE to repeat shit that got attention, I really think we were going to have a triple next week before they realized that a triple would fuck over the Cookout making it to final six.

I think it was the right call, but it's an interesting call. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7