Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Birthday Breakdown

suomi
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, ReadMeLattice said:

To be fair, Mariah and Audrey have both talked about dealing with some pretty serious depression in the past. I know Audrey made mention of that in the last episode and both have talked about their mental health struggles on social media. Depression made me (and makes a lot of people) put on a lot of weight and stop taking care of themselves or thinking about their appearance pretty frequently. This was also during quarantine and a lot of people, myself included, didn't exactly look great, lol. 

Also, some antidepressants can cause weight gain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

It does seem like Kody is frustrated about the state of affairs with his family right now and even more so due to the covid prohibitions, however, he still hasn’t addressed the reasons for his concern.  From day one of the series, it was my understanding that the adult cast members would not divulge the details of their religious beliefs.  They refer to it in general terms, however, they don’t go into much detail.   So, the viewers don’t have the full picture of why plural marriage is so important to Mormons of his sect and why to them marriage is eternal.  What does eternity hold for divorced women who enter the celestial kingdom without a husband OR what does eternity offer a man with only one wife?   I would like to know what they are feeling about that right about now. I won’t describe my understanding of it here. You can read about it yourself, but I think their faith should be addressed soon so viewers can see why they REALLY need to stay married.....besides the TLC money.  Lol.    

• Love 18
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

This article about Kody and the gym includes pictures of him that are burned in my brain. I keep seeing a kindergarten kid, dropped off from the bus, on his way down the sidewalk, to his house. Obviously he knows the paparazzi are looking at him and starts a performance. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7032467/Title-goes-here.html

The 50-year-old sported his trademark 'man bun,' and did a little dance in the parking lot while stretching and balancing on one foot 

Alpha male, my ass!  Go Moseby, piss all over that dickhead.

I hate him more with every episode.  It's more obvious every episode, too, that Robchins is running the show, and she doesn't give a shit about any of her sister wives, or bonus kids.  #whydoikeepwatchingthiscrap

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

viewers don’t have the full picture of why plural marriage is so important to Mormons of his sect and why to them marriage is eternal.

This is the big missing piece to the Brown puzzle. Along with, why is this such a big secret? If it defines who they are, why won't they explain it?

I found an article: Kody Brown and his wives are now exiled from their polygamist church.https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1131231/kody-brown-and-wives-exiled-from-polygamist-church/

"The polygamous offshoot of the Apostolic United Brethren takes issue with how the family has made polygamy look to the rest of the world, an insider told the site.

From day one, Kody pitched the show as a documentary, but a lot of people in the faith think that this has become a straight-up reality TV show for ratings,” the source said."

If this is a "documentary" as Kody is quoted as saying, why would this information be left out and included only as a mention? The only part of the faith they ever talk about is the "act" of plural marriage.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

This is the big missing piece to the Brown puzzle. Along with, why is this such a big secret? If it defines who they are, why won't they explain it?

I found an article: Kody Brown and his wives are now exiled from their polygamist church.https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1131231/kody-brown-and-wives-exiled-from-polygamist-church/

"The polygamous offshoot of the Apostolic United Brethren takes issue with how the family has made polygamy look to the rest of the world, an insider told the site.

From day one, Kody pitched the show as a documentary, but a lot of people in the faith think that this has become a straight-up reality TV show for ratings,” the source said."

If this is a "documentary" as Kody is quoted as saying, why would this information be left out and included only as a mention? The only part of the faith they ever talk about is the "act" of plural marriage.

That article date says 2017,  but it could explain some things.

I get why they hesitate to reveal a lot of the details of their faith.....but it may become necessary. 

40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From day one of the series, it was my understanding that the adult cast members would not divulge the details of their religious beliefs.

I don't think that was every stated.  We even saw them have a fake church service in one episode with Prophet Curlylocks blathering away.  I don't think that they talk about the whole Hereafter plan because even they can't make any sense of it.  The only church they attend these days is the Church of the TLC Almighty Dollar.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Can you imagine meeting Kody the Chucklefuck and thinking, "Yeah - I want to spend eternity on a planet with THAT guy!" Yeah - me neither. 

(Sorry about the quote box. I have no idea why it is there.)

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That article date says 2017

I was looking for older articles, before the editing and the spin became major characters in the show. 

A show about people's faith without addressing the faith.

Remove Kody and put in Jerry Seinfeld and it might be funny.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

It was very thoughtful of Christine to take her daughters to wish Garrison and Breanna a happy birthday. Had it been one of her daughters, I don’t believe the other moms would have done so. 

I was surprised to hear Mariah say that people like Audrey more than her. It must bother her, otherwise she would not have mentioned it.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ReadMeLattice said:

I also don’t think he truly fell in love until Robyn, so as a young man he probably didn’t realize how hard it would actually be to leave one wife he really loved to spend time with another that he basically saw as a friend. No matter how much guys might say they wouldn't mind multiple partners, most only really LOVE one (at least at a time). I personally don't believe he ever truly loved Meri, Janelle or Christine, so it probably wasn't that big a deal to him to leave one of them behind to see the other. 

This has been my opinion all along, and the only reason I give Kody any small benefit of the doubt.  He finally found out what it was like to be in love AND physically attracted to someone when he met Robyn.  

6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Did Kootie even come by on Truely's birthday or was he too busy at Aurora's?  

They haven't shown it yet, but Kody and Christine drive her to the In N Out Burger in Phoenix for her birthday.  

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, smarty said:

They haven't shown it yet, but Kody and Christine drive her to the In N Out Burger in Phoenix for her birthday.  

This is where their precautions make no sense at all.  Kody, Christine and Truely spend 5+ hours round trip in the confines of a car to celebrate Truely's birthday, yet he cannot step foot off Robyn's threshold when the quartet arrive to sing Happy Birthday to Aurora or Breanna, whichever one it was.

• Love 20
39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That article date says 2017,  but it could explain some things.

I get why they hesitate to reveal a lot of the details of their faith.....but it may become necessary. 

The article confused the AUB with mainstream Mormonism.  Maddie wanted to join the mainstream church, but was rejected unless she disavowed her polygamist family.  When she married Caleb, she joined his church.  Mykelti may face similar issues, because Tony is Mormon (having converted from Catholicism).  Mitch said that he disagreed with the AUB, but I wouldn't be surprised if he and Aspyn had a religious AUB wedding off-camera.  I believe that when the show began, the AUB would not allow the Browns to mention the church.  Also, the AUB did not approve of (or possibly allow) Kody's marriage to Robyn, because he could not financially support her.  

In this episode, Meri spoke of the "tenants" of their faith regarding Bonnie's providing shelter.  Earlier in this season, Kody explained that they came into polygamy by commandment, and Janelle asked each wife why she entered the Principle.  However, most recently, the Browns have been advocating for polygamy as a privacy right, rather than freedom of religion.  I don't think that they'll ever explain their faith or core beliefs, but the most real and dramatic stories are how the wives are struggling.  Christine and Meri are facing existential crises.  The oldest children have all rejected their parents'' religion.  Instead, based on next week's previews, it looks like we'll see Kody continue to complain about how burdensome polygamy is to him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I always give the side-eye to these two since they pulled the fake "Emotional Support Dog" scam on the airlines and then posted about their persecution on SM when they got called out on it.  It was no coincidence with their twin mental health issues surfaced at Christmas when they suddenly needed to have both dogs with them on a flight home for the holidays to avoid boarding them.  Even their fans dumped on them for their gall and several airlines tightened up their ESA policies immediately thereafter.  As I recall, Sludge even cancelled her SM account because of the fall out.

It's kind of telling that after the blow up, they can now miraculously travel without the dogs including Pudge's trip to Bali.  I guess those struggles come and go, huh?

They even left Mosby (?) the ESA indefinitely with Meri when they went to Parowan.  Maybe they didn't want to pay the $150 pet deposit.  Now Meri will be paying some fee for her rental, especially if Kody the Alpha Dog continues to visit, regardless of quarantine.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I always give the side-eye to these two since they pulled the fake "Emotional Support Dog" scam on the airlines and then posted about their persecution on SM when they got called out on it.  It was no coincidence with their twin mental health issues surfaced at Christmas when they suddenly needed to have both dogs with them on a flight home for the holidays to avoid boarding them.  Even their fans dumped on them for their gall and several airlines tightened up their ESA policies immediately thereafter.  As I recall, Sludge even cancelled her SM account because of the fall out.

It's kind of telling that after the blow up, they can now miraculously travel without the dogs including Pudge's trip to Bali.  I guess those struggles come and go, huh?

Ew, didn't know that. My husband is physically disabled and had a service dog until the dog sadly passed - an ESA can have its place but it is NOT the same thing and doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of training. Sooo annoying when people try to pull this. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Mariah (or many of the Browns, frankly - Kody has a certain entitlement he's passed on to some of the wives and kids) pulled this though.

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Such a contrast to what was expected of Logan. I can’t stand the prioritizing of Robyn’s kids. 

Oh yeah, Logan was essentially a second dad to the kids. And Aspyn was 100% a surrogate mother. She held that house together completely. Aurora is 18, she can't help care for the little ones?? And I think Dayton is 20 or 21.

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

They even left Mosby (?) the ESA indefinitely with Meri when they went to Parowan.  Maybe they didn't want to pay the $150 pet deposit.  Now Meri will be paying some fee for her rental, especially if Kody the Alpha Dog continues to visit, regardless of quarantine.  

Hopefully "Kody the Alpha Dog" only visits outdoors and neither of them pees indoors.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

It was very thoughtful of Christine to take her daughters to wish Garrison and Breanna a happy birthday. Had it been one of her daughters, I don’t believe the other moms would have done so. 

I was surprised to hear Mariah say that people like Audrey more than her. It must bother her, otherwise she would not have mentioned it.

That surprised me too.  I wouldn't have expected her to be aware at all of how abrasive and unlikeable she is.  She'll never change though.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Cancun said:

These numbskulls created some wacky COVID rules. As others said above, when Kody is going between Robyn and Christine’s homes, they are in effect all exposed to each other. When Truely cried outside Robyn’s house, I was waiting for Kody to come give her a hug. Because he could, like when he is at Christine’s home. It doesn’t matter which house you are standing in front of when the hug Is given.  But oops, he can’t because he has crossed some invisible line back into Robyn’s  house.

And the socially distanced birthday visits demonstrated they knew exactly how Kody could still go see Janelle and kids safely. Duh! He just didn’t want to.

I wanted to slap Kody and Robyn as they stood there in the doorway of Robyn’s house watching Truely have a little breakdown. The visual of Kody unable to move away from Robyn and her kids as Christine and her kids stood awkwardly in the yard and poor Truely melted down sums up exactly where this family is now. Kody only cares about one of his four wives and the children he has with her (and the children she brought with her). If I were any of the other Brown kids I would cut that pompous toxic jerk out of my life and not look back. I cannot imagine how painful it must be to see your Dad’s very obvious favoritism. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I wanted to slap Kody and Robyn as they stood there in the doorway of Robyn’s house watching Truely have a little breakdown. The visual of Kody unable to move away from Robyn and her kids as Christine and her kids stood awkwardly in the yard and poor Truely melted down sums up exactly where this family is now. 

And then Kody sitting with Ari on his lap while poor Truely was left out......

• Love 5

About the only interesting thing about the episode was them rehashing the catfish.  I always knew that was what drove a permanent wedge between Meri and Kody and they have been married in name only ever since.  This just confirmed it.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

If I were any of the other Brown kids I would cut that pompous toxic jerk out of my life and not look back. I cannot imagine how painful it must be to see your Dad’s very obvious favoritism. 

Trust me. This will happen. They become adults and minimize or cut off contact with the toxic parents in their lives. I'm certain Truely will, and I suspect many of the other non-Robyn kids will as well. 

My son's dad very obviously preferred his "second" family (his new wife and their spawn). It was a whole thing. Fortunately, my current husband - my son's stepfather (married him when my son was 6), was amazing for him so he never grew up feeling "second best." I did my best to keep his bio father in his life - and the work was all mine. His father couldn't be bothered because it was a "hassle."

My son is now an adult and refuses to have anything to do with his sperm donor (his words). Has refused contact since he turned 18. Didn't tell him he graduated college. Didn't tell him he got married. He still has the phone number he had as a kid (cell phone), and about once a year on his bio birth father's birthday, the creep calls him and leaves a long, guilt-inducing message about how he can't imagine why his son wouldn't bother to contact him on his birthday. This is the same man who hasn't acknowledged my son's birth day since he and his toxic wife decided to get married on my son's 11th birthday. Like on the day. That was also a whole thing.

Anyway - bottom line....those kids grow up. They realize, even when the mothers are trying to help them maintain a relationship, and eventually they just dump their dad. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TeeMo said:

wanted to slap Kody and Robyn as they stood there in the doorway of Robyn’s house watching Truely have a little breakdown. The visual of Kody unable to move away from Robyn and her kids as Christine and her kids stood awkwardly in the yard and poor Truely melted down sums up exactly where this family is now. Kody only cares about one of his four wives and the children he has with her (and the children she brought with her). If I were any of the other Brown kids I would cut that pompous toxic jerk out of my life and not look back. I cannot imagine how painful it must be to see your Dad’s very obvious favoritism. 

That annoyed the heck out of me.

1 hour ago, smarty said:

And then Kody sitting with Ari on his lap while poor Truely was left out......

And that mad me really sad.  What a jerk.  Acting like he’s at his real home there, with his “real” children.  I got the vibe from Gabe that he’s kinda over his dad’s favoritism too.  

• Love 19

On last nights episode when they all spoke about if God Forbid one of the wives got COVID and ended up deathly ill it got me thinking, Who would each wive’s children live with?

I don’t think Kody would have any of them live with Meri.

I believe if Janelle passed Savanna would live with Christine. 

If Christine passed, I’m torn if her children would live with Janelle or Robyn. 

if Robyn passed I think her children would live with Christine. 

what do you all think?

46 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

On last nights episode when they all spoke about if God Forbid one of the wives got COVID and ended up deathly ill it got me thinking, Who would each wive’s children live with?

I don’t think Kody would have any of them live with Meri.

I believe if Janelle passed Savanna would live with Christine. 

If Christine passed, I’m torn if her children would live with Janelle or Robyn. 

if Robyn passed I think her children would live with Christine. 

what do you all think?

Savannah goes to live with Maddie or Christine.  She is 16, so it is for 2 years and then she heads off to college.

Truly goes to live with Aspyn.

Robin's kids go to Christine (all 5 of them) and Kodi finds another wife.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

This isn’t the first time I’ve said this, but I think you have to put some of the blame on the moms to for allowing their children to be treated like this by their father.  Sobbin always fights to get her kids the best of everything ( and in her mind, that includes Kootie).  Christine and Janelle should demand the best for their kids or take them out of a situation where they feel they aren’t important to their father.  If they don’t, then shame on them too.  No child deserves to feel that way, no matter what their poor excuse for a mother is willing to accept.

BUT this lifestyle makes them better! Better at what remains to be determined unless it's learning how to be a better doormat but 🤷‍♀️

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

Btw, which is “Pudge” and which is “Sludge”? Both terms apply to each - especially PUDGE!!

Pudge is Princess Snowflake and Sludge is her sidekick.  Sludge came about because she got dragged into LuLaCrap on Meri's coattails but did a terrible job at selling and apparently dropped out at some point.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

Robin's kids go to Christine (all 5 of them) and Kodi finds another wife.

Kody marries Mindy.  She walks right into the $900K home, like it's Las Vegas again.  The tabloid rumors come true, and they have child or two together to keep the series on air.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I like Jeffrey Dahmer more than I like Mariah...☹

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I am an only child, and Mariah has many “bad” only child traits. Selfish, completely lacking in empathy, etc. Being raised by Meri certainly didn’t help.

Seeing Mariah coming back from (failing out of?) college, newly Woke and barking orders to people has made it even more obvious. Ex: telling grandma “I don’t want you around people.” Not “I’m worried about your health” - it’s what Mariah WANTS so it is commanded.

I am also gay like Mariah and to this day I think that coming out on TV without telling Meri first was one of the meanest things Mariah has ever done to Meri. I 100% think she came out on camera to punish Meri for the catfish. There’s obviously nothing wrong with coming out - in fact, it’s so important - but to do it on national television with cameras rolling in front of your entire adult family when you KNOW your mother will be completely blindsided and shocked? Just cruel, IMO. Of course Mariah can always claim she was just living her truth! Living her WHY! Just needed to tell the truth to be set free. But she knows EXACTLY what she did  

Meri is a mess but Mariah is  truly MEAN. Even to her own family. I bet she is HORRIBLE to Audrey behind closed doors. In fact I don’t think she sees Audrey as a real person. More an accessory, like a dog. But when better than a dog, Audrey can speak and float Mariah’s ego even higher! She has sucked all the life out of Audrey with her need for attention, praise and adulation. 

If anyone is a future Dark Queen, it is Mariah. 

Btw, which is “Pudge” and which is “Sludge”? Both terms apply to each - especially PUDGE!!

I agree. And then to hold Meri's reaction against her, even to this day it seems. I'm not a Meri fan, but I do feel like she was just shocked and didn't know how to respond in that 30 seconds after being told. Then she made Meri grovel and apologize for it when they were on vacation (or wherever they were - sitting outside on a deck or something). Did she flunk out of college? I don't pay much attention to her, but that would be funny. Isn't she the one who wanted to be a doctor?

• Love 14
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's not faith, that's selfish narcissism. 

I rilly don't think that faith was ever truly part of the equations except as an excuse. I think that Pretty Boy in school was afraid of being thought of as gay and needed some way to prove he wasn't.  His family's decision to practice polygamy was a convenient, albeit possibly unconscious, answer to his identity problems. "He-Man take on many wives!  He-Man spread seed far and wide!  Look at He-Man and his harem.  See, He-Man no gay."

He's dug his narcissistic hole so own it and act like a responsible human.  You don't call eleventy-seven children and a clutch of wives a "mistake" and just walk away you piece of crap.

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

...he needs to MAN THE HELL UP...

Can we get an AMEN?

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

What kind of dog is this?  Is this the ESA? 

012B61BB-4C66-4602-9A2A-752E579A946F.jpeg

Is this Moseby with a haircut?  It would not surprise me that Mariah let his ruff around the neck become so matted that the groomer had no choice other than to trim it off.  The groomer's clippers were probably itching for a go at Mariah's mop too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

What kind of dog is this?  Is this the ESA? 

012B61BB-4C66-4602-9A2A-752E579A946F.jpeg

Some sort of mix - a little chi and a bunch of other stuff - with allergies. Someone needs to clean the tear tracks and give that dog a daily Zyrtec.

I am also gay like Mariah and to this day I think that coming out on TV without telling Meri first was one of the meanest things Mariah has ever done to Meri. I 100% think she came out on camera to punish Meri for the catfish. There’s obviously nothing wrong with coming out - in fact, it’s so important - but to do it on national television with cameras rolling in front of your entire adult family when you KNOW your mother will be completely blindsided and shocked? Just cruel, IMO. Of course Mariah can always claim she was just living her truth! Living her WHY! Just needed to tell the truth to be set free. But she knows EXACTLY what she did  

Mariah spent most of her teenage years watching her parents fame whore for money and attention. If she told her mother on national television to up the drama for attention, that's on Meri and Kody for teaching her that it's acceptable to do that to someone if it makes for good television. I mean, how many times are we going to watch Kody belittle Meri in the talking head interviews? Humiliating Meri seems to have become a bit of a sport for certain people. But Meri has the means to leave and may only be staying for the show, so whatever.

I only watched the first half of the episode because I have to work up the stamina to get through the second half, but did Christine do a drive-by for Garrison's birthday, while Kody didn't come to the house at all?? I turned it off while Christine was in the car and after Kody said something about not going to Janelle's for Garrison's birthday. Did Kody not even drive by the house? Is he that much of an asshole?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Hockey Addict said:

From what I've researched on their beliefs and could be wrong but I think that women are taught that they are not going to the kingdom on the afterlife without a husband. 

I think they have that covered, they have something called marriage by proxy or some other similar term, where they "marry" complete strangers that have passed on...without consent or agreement.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think they have that covered, they have something called marriage by proxy or some other similar term, where they "marry" complete strangers that have passed on...without consent or agreement.

Technically, they are "notified" of the ceremony in the afterlife and given a chance to accept it or reject it. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2

Oh, those puckish Mormons and their workarounds.  Like baptism by proxy of victims of the Holocaust, Marilyn Monroe, and the Queen Mother into the Mormonism also (obviously) without consent or agreement.  Apparently they get to decide in the afterlife if they want to convert or not. Count me out.

Why women who have chained themselves to a manchild who can't even be bothered to care about the birthdays of his spawn want to spent all eternity with them remains a mystery.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I only watched the first half of the episode because I have to work up the stamina to get through the second half, but did Christine do a drive-by for Garrison's birthday, while Kody didn't come to the house at all?? I turned it off while Christine was in the car and after Kody said something about not going to Janelle's for Garrison's birthday. Did Kody not even drive by the house? Is he that much of an asshole?

Girl - whenever I start to watch one of these episodes, my Hulu tells me that I'm about to embark on a 48 minute program.  Why, then, does it feel like I'm sittin' there for three hours or more?  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  It's like time stands still while watching this show.

We did not see Kody driving by the house.  And I am going to bet that if he HAD done a drive-by, it darn sure would've aired.  Is he that much of an asshole?  Yes.  Yes, he is.  Without a doubt.

• Love 19