Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Birthday Breakdown

suomi
  • Start Topic

@laurakaye I listen to the surviving sister wives podcast! 

I wondered if King Sol was taking a nap, and that’s why he wasn’t there? The podcast hosts had a good eye to catch that!

I also really appreciated last week’s podcast episode where they pointed out which scenes were filmed by a socially distant film crew (thus fudging timelines) vs which scenes were filmed by the fambly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This $hit show puts me to sleep better than any sleeping aid I have ever taken! It takes me 3 nights to get through the whole show awake. And even then I need to read here to see what I have actually seen... time to put this show out to pasture...even if Robochin is still "so yOUng"!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

@laurakaye I listen to the surviving sister wives podcast! 

I wondered if King Sol was taking a nap, and that’s why he wasn’t there? The podcast hosts had a good eye to catch that!

I also really appreciated last week’s podcast episode where they pointed out which scenes were filmed by a socially distant film crew (thus fudging timelines) vs which scenes were filmed by the fambly.

I enjoy the podcast.  I will rewatch to really appreciate what they said and to play "Where's King Sol?"

When Kody was comforting Sol and Ariaoblabla, the calendar in the room showed March.  The older daughters' birthdays are April 8 & 11th.  Also, Kody was explaining to Sol why he couldn't go to school, not why he couldn't play with Truely.  (And, he didn't tell that Sol would he would see Truely again soon on her & Christine's birthdays - because that wouldn't happen.)  I think that the scene was filmed earlier, but I support their theory that Robyn wouldn't let Sol near the door, because she declared him high-risk.  

The podcasters also noted that Christine told Truely that they would go home, where she could cry - because Truely already reacted emotionally in an earlier, similar incident.  Christine elaborated in her talking head.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

And Robyn was not so subtly reminding everyone that she is still yOUng and doing yOUng things like raising children like a yOUng woman - not Old with an empty nest. And just in case Kody forgot, she’s 11 years yOUnger than him and still vital and yOUng and relevant for yEArs. She’s a walking fountain of yOUth. 

I'm so tired tonight, I can't remember which  episode... but when Kody was talking about legal wives being able to clean house? Robin smirks and says child support. Then sneers and says alimony. 

B*tch tells on herself constantly. It boggles my mind. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 3/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, deirdra said:

Kootie blames Garrison & Gabe for choosing to go to work and school instead of staying home so they can remain virus-free in case their sperm donor ever stops by.  Yes, Kootie is that much of an asshole.

Well somebody's gotta work and it's sure as hell not gonna be Bobbyn Robyn's crotch fruit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

Well somebody's gotta work and it's sure as hell not gonna be Bobbyn Robyn's crotch fruit. 

OMG you just won the internet for today! "Bobbyn Robyn's crotch fruit" She has him by the short hairs for now and forever...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

I know. I got sucked back in too. I’m so ashamed.

😔

I look at it this way...I enjoy the sh!tshow with a glass of my favorite cheap merlot and perhaps a piece of cheesecake, thus getting the majority of my guilty pleasures out of the way in one fell swoop.  Plus I know I have to watch to fully participate in the snark.  Last time I couldn't/wouldn't  watch the show was when Mykelti and FT got married and I thought y'all were lying about guests throwing Frisbees at FT's noggin and Mykelti's doppelganger pinata being beaten in effigy.  Turns out it was all rill!  From that point on I found a way to watch, even sadly paying $19.99 for a season on Vudu which I now permanently own.

Salut!  Enjoy!    

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

There have been quite a few posts about how Robyn's kids blended (didn't blend)in with the Brown kids. So here are some of my thoughts (Some based on my training as a special needs teacher)

Robyn is over-protective of her own kids but blimey what were you thinking when you put a child with ASD into a monstrously big family. Those kids need a stable home base, not too much distraction, peace and quietness and a fixed routine. Not the constant buzzing of 18 people in a very unstable and dysfunctioning family. In addition, people with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) are typically 'weak' in social interaction and communication so there are all the ingredients to make Dayton as unhappy as can be. Which also explains why he just did not fit in with the older boys. 

Also, the situation of those kids can be compared to kids whose parents divorced and then meet a partner with kids. "We'll be one happy family from now on. They're your new brothers and sisters, aka your new best friends!"

I have no less than 6 stepbrothers and sisters and it doesn't work that way. I do not even consider them family! Parents choose for each other, kids do not. You get dragged in. You can only hope for the best.

It was obvious the Brown's had the fairytale idea of Robyn's kids being 100% accepted and treated as brother and sisters. But in truth, there were 12 (not counting Truely, as she was only days old) who had grown up together and bonded from the day they were born. Of course Breanna, Aurora and Dayton would be treated differently. Accepted, yes, considered a much loved sibling? I highly doubt it. And Robyn knows. In one of the cosy couch sessions  she actually said "I'm not a mom, I'm a stepmom at best"

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

That might have been the saddest birthday party I've ever seen.   

I would have thought being it was for a birthday, Janelle would at least drag out some serving bowls and at least have beverages with the meal, but nope, not our Janelle.  

Maybe she was too busy tending to her garden to be bothered.

Ugh.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

The only interest I got out of this whole episode was when Kody admitted Meri’s catfish affair ruined everything. I can understand the snarky dog he threw at her—it really DIDN’T work out well for her. Then, she made it worse by playing victim. 

What we don’t see or hear about is that Kody probably saw the texts, the banana photo, the name “Sam” which  Meri scratched onto her body and heard the voice messages. That? Killed it. 

And is it just me or has Meris voice gotten whinier over the years? Also the producers were right to call Meri out on her messing with Kody about the girls. She absolutely did, the bitch. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ugh.  

Yes...picking those gigantic, ripe winter tomatoes. Which are not a thing unless she has a greenhouse.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

The only interest I got out of this whole episode was when Kody admitted Meri’s catfish affair ruined everything. I can understand the snarky dog he threw at her—it really DIDN’T work out well for her. Then, she made it worse by playing victim. 

What we don’t see or hear about is that Kody probably saw the texts, the banana photo, the name “Sam” which  Meri scratched onto her body and heard the voice messages. That? Killed it. 

And is it just me or has Meris voice gotten whinier over the years? Also the producers were right to call Meri out on her messing with Kody about the girls. She absolutely did, the bitch. 

Meri was exulting in her snide remarks about Kody having missed her guuurls.  She seems to be reveling in the only power she has left.  The phones work two ways, Mariah could have called Kody announcing that they had arrived.  There is a world of hurt going on in this family, Kody upset that he hadn't been notified of their arrival and Mariah/Meri noses out of joint because he hadn't called to see if they were there yet.  So petty of all of them.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

A reason envy/jealousy makes the list of the deadly sins is that it erases gratitude for what we have and leaves us feeling like victims.  This whole plural marriage started with the envy Janelle had for Meri's husband.   Throughout the episodes we see Christine's intense jealousy about Robyn who also envied Meri's marriage.  Then Meri permitted Robyn to legally marry Kody causing Meri to be jealous of Robyn's becoming the legal wife.   No wonder this plural marriage is, if not dead, on life support.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

There have been quite a few posts about how Robyn's kids blended (didn't blend)in with the Brown kids. So here are some of my thoughts (Some based on my training as a special needs teacher)

Robyn is over-protective of her own kids but blimey what were you thinking when you put a child with ASD into a monstrously big family. Those kids need a stable home base, not too much distraction, peace and quietness and a fixed routine. Not the constant buzzing of 18 people in a very unstable and dysfunctioning family. In addition, people with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) are typically 'weak' in social interaction and communication so there are all the ingredients to make Dayton as unhappy as can be. Which also explains why he just did not fit in with the older boys. 

Also, the situation of those kids can be compared to kids whose parents divorced and then meet a partner with kids. "We'll be one happy family from now on. They're your new brothers and sisters, aka your new best friends!"

I have no less than 6 stepbrothers and sisters and it doesn't work that way. I do not even consider them family! Parents choose for each other, kids do not. You get dragged in. You can only hope for the best.

It was obvious the Brown's had the fairytale idea of Robyn's kids being 100% accepted and treated as brother and sisters. But in truth, there were 12 (not counting Truely, as she was only days old) who had grown up together and bonded from the day they were born. Of course Breanna, Aurora and Dayton would be treated differently. Accepted, yes, considered a much loved sibling? I highly doubt it. And Robyn knows. In one of the cosy couch sessions  she actually said "I'm not a mom, I'm a stepmom at best"

I cant believe that she was naive enough to believe that it would all be as rosy as she pictured it in her mind.  More so when the other three wives and their children got less and less time with Kody.  You don't think they are going to be resentful?    Each wife and child has their own issues going on.  Should they all have to take a back seat to make you and your children happy?  At best most blended families tolerate each other.  Don't try to force a relationship, let it happen on its own.

Also call foul on the the kids didn't feel like they could raid her fridge like they could at Christines.  Someone pointed out once when Mindy was living with her in Vegas, I believe around the time Aspyn moved in with her.  There was a note on the fridge door, to ask Robyn or Mindy before getting anything.

I've also gotten the impression that she thinks she and her children are better than the others.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That might have been the saddest birthday party I've ever seen.   

I would have thought being it was for a birthday, Janelle would at least drag out some serving bowls and at least have beverages with the meal, but nope, not our Janelle.  

Ugh.  

Yes, it certainly didn't scream "I went to some extra effort for your birthday", but I think I'd choose a low-key gathering around a bowl of Hamburger Helper than what Breanna got. Robyn insisted on making an effort, which was nice and all, but when the rest of her family didn't join her bemoaning how tragic it was that the "whole fambly" couldn't be there, she just turned the whole thing into a guilt-laden pity party. Gross.

• Love 9

I hated this tedious episode so much that I don’t know if I can even read the posts. But WHY, if Kody could go between Christine’s and Robin’s households (implying that each was staying socially distanced from the world), could they not visit each other? I have a couple of friends with extending bubbles that include grown kids/grandkids. Each household stays isolated except from each other.

why does Meri have to be the one to tell Kody about Mariah’s plans? Does he never call his daughter?

with all their many huge houses, they could have let Janelle’s two non-isolating kids live at her house while Janelle and the other kids went to be quarantined with, let’s say, Christine. Hahahahaha! Except they hate each other. They’ve all been griping for ages about not wanting to acknowledge each other’s existence but now suddenly it’s Covid’s fault.

and yeah, I don’t need to relive 2020 through these fools. 

• Love 17

I think old Mer has finally gotten a clue!!!  I believe she will fly the coop after the show's over...it's time for y'all to place your bets on who'll beat a path out of Flagstaff, first, Christine or Meri.  Meri can crow about her sticking with her family all she wants on SM, but her tone, her eyes, and her body language was that of a woman who's fed up with Kootie's humiliating treatment of her.  If that's the case then go, Meri, go!  🤗🤗🤗  YOU DESERVE BETTER.

Mariah and Kootie are grown-azzed people, why can't they handle their own phone calls?  Bunch of game-playing. Makes me wonder if Mariah is upset with her precious daddy for some reason.  😏

The Queen of Darkness looks ill: tired, bloated, and draggie looking.  Wonder what's up, is fresh unicorn's blood not in season, or something?  COVID got the supply line all outta whack for her weekly supply needs?  Ugh, I loathe and dispic that woman.  🤬

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
(edited)

I don't like Mariah but I wouldn't communicate with the sperm donor either. He makes no effort with any of his kids other than Robyn's kids. If you don't have the time or inclination to talk to your kids don't have 20 of them. They served as decoration and "proof" of his dedication to polygamy.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 14
On 3/30/2021 at 2:26 PM, NoWhammies said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-gwendlyn-brown-calls-paedon-brown-racist-and-an-idiot.html/ Just the first Google source I found. It's been several other places as well. 

On 3/31/2021 at 5:24 PM, Emma C said:

Gwyn calls her brother a racist but she tweets this: People ask me to DJ on long car trips because my music taste is impeccable but I have a confession I actually just look up playlists like “songs that excite the white folk”

She's insufferable.

• Love 5

Nothing ground-breaking, but Robyn easily looks as old as the others including Kody.  I agree with the others that she thought she was going to get built-in babysitters and is now bemoaning that everybody else gets to retire.  What does it even matter Kody screams every week he has no money to retire.  Again, the question begs retire from what?  Now, I fully expect Coyote Pass to be sold when the show ends if not before. Kody has already hinted about this on the show.

If the online tabloids are correct, allegedly Robyn and Kody took out a $150,000 loan against the Mansion-o-trees and Kody’s name is off of Christine’s current home, so whenever this show ends it will be interesting to see how the finances shake out.  I know this is seemingly a question with no answer, but does Kody have a job besides the show and I’m not accepting “business” as his job LOL.  I mean literally what does he do and who pays him? Meri and Christine shill rags, Janelle attempts to shill whatever hits her fancy that week.  Could Robyn not be bothered to shill after the blockbuster MSWC line?  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

with all their many huge houses, they could have let Janelle’s two non-isolating kids live at her house while Janelle and the other kids went to be quarantined with, let’s say, Christine.

Christine's house is relatively small. Janelle and Savanah could easily have moved in with Meri (or Robyn). Chance of that happening? Nil.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

If the online tabloids are correct, allegedly Robyn and Kody took out a $150,000 loan against the Mansion-o-trees and Kody’s name is off of Christine’s current home, so whenever this show ends it will be interesting to see how the finances shake out.  I know this is seemingly a question with no answer, but does Kody have a job besides the show and I’m not accepting “business” as his job LOL.  I mean literally what does he do and who pays him? Meri and Christine shill rags, Janelle attempts to shill whatever hits her fancy that week.  Could Robyn not be bothered to shill after the blockbuster MSWC line?  

When they took out a $150K HELOC (30-year term) in March 2020, they claimed urgency and waived their homestead protection.  They'll be living in one of the rented U-Hauls - with all of Robyn's children - when they default.  

In this episode, Kody said that the world has gone quiet for him, and he really can't do anything.  So, now he's not even pretending to have "business interests" or manage some investment stream.  (If he had any business interests, he could have continued as normal, because he has never gone to a physical work location, except a sister wife's house.)  He must have been too humble to mention that he's an author of a New York Times best-seller.

I've read that he sells or sold guns at gun shows.  In an earlier season, he wore a sweatshirt with the company's name, but the producers blurred it out.  It may have been Centennial, like the Las Vegas high school his older children attended.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

When they took out a $150K HELOC (30-year term) in March 2020, they claimed urgency and waived their homestead protection.  They'll be living in one of the rented U-Hauls - with all of Robyn's children - when they default.  

In this episode, Kody said that the world has gone quiet for him, and he really can't do anything.  So, now he's not even pretending to have "business interests" or manage some investment stream.  (If he had any business interests, he could have continued as normal, because he has never gone to a physical work location, except a sister wife's house.)  He must have been too humble to mention that he's an author of a New York Times best-seller.

I've read that he sells or sold guns at gun shows.  In an earlier season, he wore a sweatshirt with the company's name, but the producers blurred it out.  It may have been Centennial, like the Las Vegas high school his older children attended.  

Sorry, I don’t know a lot about this kind of stuff, but why would they waive their homestead protection? Was it to get the money faster?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Nothing ground-breaking, but Robyn easily looks as old as the others including Kody.  I agree with the others that she thought she was going to get built-in babysitters and is now bemoaning that everybody else gets to retire.  What does it even matter Kody screams every week he has no money to retire.  Again, the question begs retire from what?  Now, I fully expect Coyote Pass to be sold when the show ends if not before. Kody has already hinted about this on the show.

Well, according to Kootie, Robyn is "too pretty to cook."  He should now say, she's 'too pretty to work.'  🤮So what does dopey Christine do? She shills Robo's ugly 'joolry' for the bone-lazy Robo!  I'd have told Robo to stick it 'where the sun don't (sic) shine.'

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, according to Kootie, Robyn is "too pretty to cook."  He should now say, she's 'too pretty to work.'  🤮So what does dopey Christine do? She shills Robo's ugly 'joolry' for the bone-lazy Robo!  I'd have told Robo to stick it 'where the sun don't (sic) shine.'

Janelle has an apron or sign that says, "I Kiss Better than I Cook."  

It's a very low bar. . . 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sister-wives-robyn-brown-quarantine-time-with-kody-was-not-fair/amp/

how is it This woman always paints herself as the victim!!!!

Janelle has come out and said the longest time she went without seeing Kody was 5 weeks during quarantine. In Christine’s newest interview she stayed away from Kody for 6 weeks! But Robyn is the one here painting herself as the one suffering and the victim!!!

Robyn:  “I have little kids, so I kind of just had to run my will with Kody with whatever he decided and just do what he was doing, because that’s the only way my little kids would be able to see him.”

Really Robyn. Sure Kody made all the decisions. We all heard Kody ask you on the last episode if he had to still social distance from Meri!

if according to the interview, you were so bothered and couldn’t sleep because of Not being able to see the family why didn’t you reach out and call your sister wives? Allow Truly to play with your kids? 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sister-wives-robyn-brown-quarantine-time-with-kody-was-not-fair/amp/

Janelle has come out and said the longest time she went without seeing Kody was 5 weeks during quarantine. In Christine’s newest interview she stayed away from Kody for 6 weeks! But Robyn is the one here painting herself as the one suffering and the victim!!!

Robyn:  “I have little kids, so I kind of just had to run my will with Kody with whatever he decided and just do what he was doing, because that’s the only way my little kids would be able to see him.”

Really Robyn. Sure Kody made all the decisions. We all heard Kody ask you on the last episode if he had to still social distance from Meri!

if according to the interview, you were so bothered and couldn’t sleep because of Not being able to see the family why didn’t you reach out and call your sister wives? Allow Truly to play with your kids? 

That's because narcissism can manifest in different ways. Clearly, Robyn is a "vulnerable narcissist". https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/61035-narcissism-personality-traits-why-some

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Das Hundhaus Firearms.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

"There’s no picking favorites! Robyn Brown felt bad that her husband, Kody Brown, spent the most time with her during COVID-19 quarantine. 'It wasn’t that I felt guilty. I was feeling, like, bad. I was feeling not right. This is not fair. I mean, I chose this lifestyle for a reason and when things are out of whack, it bothers me.'”

What a freakin' phony.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

Robyn got what she was hoping for, but he turned out to be an annoying toddler when he's around 24/7. Ha ha!  That's why the other wives were satisfied with 1/3 or 1/4 of a husband.  Life is easier when Kootie's not around.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

"There’s no picking favorites! Robyn Brown felt bad that her husband, Kody Brown, spent the most time with her during COVID-19 quarantine. 'It wasn’t that I felt guilty. I was feeling, like, bad. I was feeling not right. This is not fair. I mean, I chose this lifestyle for a reason and when things are out of whack, it bothers me.'”

What a freakin' phony.

She's eating it up, and gleefully gloating to herself, that she has Kootie around, probably 24/7, when the cameras aren't around.  Stealth bitch doesn't even begin to describe her evil ways.  She doesn't give a rat's ass about being 'fair.'

• Love 15
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's eating it up, and gleefully gloating to herself, that she has Kootie around, probably 24/7, when the cameras aren't around.  Stealth bitch doesn't even begin to describe her evil ways.  She doesn't give a rat's ass about being 'fair.'

What kills me is she’s saying it’s not fair to her. She always twist situations so that she is a victim. She bought a million dollar home, buts its unfair cause she couldn’t find a rental so that all of her kids could have their own bedroom. 

it isn’t fair to her, that Kody stayed with her and her children during quarantine, while his other children felt abandoned by him. 

• Love 20
(edited)
On 4/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, NotinKansasanymore said:

Or all quarantine together in one of your various large houses. Oh yeah, then you’d actually have to acknowledge Kody rotating between  all of you because you’d get to see it.

in reality, if they had simply isolated Janelles two boys somehow, they all could have traveled freely among homes. But that would be so drama free.

(doesn’t Hundhaus mean Doghouse? Is this some kind of Kody passive-aggression?)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not going to post the German to English interpretation of scoundrel.....but it’s perfection. As Janelle would say, Google it. 😂🤣 I’ll just post the link:

https://m.interglot.com/en/de/?q=scoundrel

Every single synonym applies to Kootie.  It is perfection!  I wonder if Kootie knew this or was going for the more common Doghouse translation, thinking of Snoopy & the Red Baron or something.  I wouldn't buy anything from a scoundrel wanting to overcharge me. 

Good for TLC blurring his shirt logo, not letting him get free advertising for another of his side businesses.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

I have hit season 10 in my re-watch marathon.  This is the point when the show was airing that I bailed and only watched occasionally  and, when I did watch, I tended to ff thru Meri's talking heads and that scene from Alaska that managed to get inserted at least twice into every episode.

Ep 5 of that season finds Meri visiting Mariah, and they are at the Lehi house.  This is the one where they walk thru the snow to the park with Mosby, and Meri wants to talk about the catfish and Mariah won't.   At the house, we meet Meri's sister Elaine who is living in the Lehi house with her children, one of whom is CONNOR.  How CONNOR ends up at the b&b is anyone's guess.   I am guessing Elaine has moved to Parowan to help Bonnie run the inn.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

in reality, if they had simply isolated Janelles two boys somehow

Well she says her kids are all old enough to take care of themselves, so yeah - she and the one daughter at home could have moved in with Meri, Christine or Robyn. I mean - I know all of the reasons they didn't do this but there's more than sufficient real-estate in that family to have consolidated households during the pandemic.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Well she says her kids are all old enough to take care of themselves, so yeah - she and the one daughter at home could have moved in with Meri, Christine or Robyn. I mean - I know all of the reasons they didn't do this but there's more than sufficient real-estate in that family to have consolidated households during the pandemic.

Someone else mentioned the basement apartment in Janelle's house.  It had the basics, and I don't see any reason why the 2 boys couldn't move down there and come and go without having to come into direct contact with Janelle and Savanah.  Christine really doesn't have a spare room and the thought of Janelle and Savanah being accommodated by either Meri or Robyn just wouldn't fly.

• Love 5