Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Different Wives, Different Rules

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

At the time, Christine posted on Instagram a picture of her and Truely with Kody at In N Out Burger. They had to travel some distance to get to it (Flagstaff doesn't have one). That was her birthday celebration. So, not nothing, but still  😞

I was referring to Kody saying “We have two birthdays coming up”...meaning AuroraNBreanna.  When Truley had the same, exact birthday.  I could forgive him saying we have 3 with the others later in the month but sorry, unforgivable from a FATHER.

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

But it's more than obvious that only the first two names count.  Kootie is an asshole, and pul-leeze, Robchins, don't make me laugh by pretending to care that nobody but you will be graced with Kootie's presence.  "It's heartbreaking."  GTFOOH with that, bitch.

Ikr? Did she even TRY to cry?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

But it's more than obvious that only the first two names count.  Kootie is an asshole, and pul-leeze, Robchins, don't make me laugh by pretending to care that nobody but you will be graced with Kootie's presence.  "It's heartbreaking."  GTFOOH with that, bitch.

It seems to me that Robyn has a mental gallery of appropriate facial expressions to assume for whatever suits the occasion.  We have all witnessed her looks of compassion, concern, pensiveness, understanding...and even her anger at having to step out of a warm RV into a sleet and snow storm.  I have never once seen a justifiable look of guilt on her countenance, maybe she doesn't even entertain the idea that she has more than her share of the company pie chart.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Ikr? Did she even TRY to cry?

Actually, only AuroraBreanna nearly cried in this episode, when she was informed that her commencement was canceled.  She heaved and tried to force tears. 

Gabe didn't seem to care about commencement months earlier, and nobody compensated him.  And, if it would have been upsetting to Gwendlyn, it didn't matter.  Only one "triplet" matters.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, lamadeleine said:

Kody's "psycho-cam" talking head in Robyn's garage. Dude, take it down notch or 10...what am I saying? It's Kody. I cannot think of a worse person to have to ride out a pandemic with- especially in those early days.

1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

When we were watching Kody I wondered just how many hours the editor had to watch to end up with what we saw. I think Kody blathered on ages because he could no longer call family meetings and pontificate at them. 

He called it, "The Kody Log." We saw a snippet from March 29th.  I'm sure that he'll publish the full log as their next New York Times best-seller.  He can repurpose Governor Cuomo's book title, American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic, for his subtitle.

Kody will offer deep reflections, like, "Areolabella is such a life-force of uncontrollable energy.  She cannot sit long, and she's either in your face or in her own world."

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

When Kody started whining about the responsibilities of owning a dog, I laughed meanly.

Like he's ever really worried about responsibilities before making a boneheaded decision before.

ETA: The Kody-cam at the beginning was rough. I did not need to become so intimately acquainted with Kody's cro-mangon brow ridge.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

His glee over the Utah ruling seemed close to crazed. Calling a family meeting with 3 teenagers and a 4 and a 6 year old to announce the news. And then the talking head with his legal wife where he goes on and on about how he wants to get a plyg ticket so he can sue Utah again and win money is delusional. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5058733

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Aurora Alice April 13, 2002 (age 18)

Truely Grace April 13, 2010 (age 10)

Dang...Truely really is the lost child...can't even get her own birthday.  And I can't think of a worse person to have to share it with, except perhaps Robyn.  Or, heaven forbid, Kody.

4 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

This stood at to me as well.  She's 4!! In what way did they expect her to contribute to this conversation of decriminalizing polygamy?  And Kody said they were reluctant to punish her?  Punish her for what? For being a chatty little 4 year old?  

This is not the first time Kodork and Sobbyn have done this - called a family meeting with the intention that all children must be present.  What I found funny is that Ariablobloa talked right over her big sister Aurora when Kody asked for Aurora's opinion.  I couldn't even hear Aurora over the chattering but that actually made it better, lol.  It's like Kody and Robyn watched back the footage and felt like they had to explain why Baby Sister was allowed to talk over Big Sister.  It's because she's a child, and she should've been left to play with her dolls while you all had your big important meeting.  But you know Kody - where we go one, we go all!  Even to sit at the dining room table!!

Idiots.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

His glee over the Utah ruling seemed close to crazed. Calling a family meeting with 3 teenagers and a 4 and a 6 year old to announce the news. And then the talking head with his legal wife where he goes on and on about how he wants to get a plyg ticket so he can sue Utah again and win money is delusional. 

Didn't his previous lawsuit get thrown out of court?  He didn't win.  And I doubt the Utah ruling had anything to do with Kootie or the show.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Regardless of anyone's beliefs about what Gabe and Garrison should have been doing during the pandemic, it would be ridiculous for them to change their behavior for a guy who is planning to wander through their house maybe once a week, and who bitches about having to make time for the visit at all. 

And also, I don't know why I never noticed before what a passive mother that Janelle is. It says something that she won't take action to control her children living in her own house that she pays for, whether they are legally adults or not.

Right! Whether they were right or wrong or whatever, Kody calling their jobs and lives "social lives" and dismissing them, while his ridiculous CHOICE to have a billion kids with four wives scattered around in four homes in a random city is some sort of sacred act, is disgusting. Are they supposed to treat his unconventional, untenable choice to run around with four wives living miles and miles apart under various roofs as valid? Why??

• Love 15

Just how long did Kody stay away from Janelle and their family? A month? 6 months? Because the time-line of the discussions was wonky.

I understand Christine wanting to return to Utah, and I would not be at all surprised if they end up doing that. But they really don't need to discuss this with the kids. When this was filmed, Gwendlyn was just finishing high school. By now, she doesn't have to move if she doesn't want to. If they "wait three years" as Christine suggested, the number of kids who would have to move with the parents would be minimal. Of Christine's kids, there would be Truely. Of Robyn's, there would be Sol and Ari. Everyone else would be in college.

In last week's preview I thought Gabe was being a jerk about going out, but he made an awful lot of sense last night. He has a firm grasp of who his father is and what his priorities are (he got a close up look at that when they moved to Flagstaff!), and good for him.

Why did I think Garrison was in the military?

• Love 13

I had to laugh at how horrified Kody was at the possibility of having the responsibility of a dog. This, the man who has 18 children, 15 that he fathered. Kody would no more be responsible for looking after a dog than he is for looking after his children. The real reason Kody doesn't want a dog in any house he inhabits is that he would view it as being competition. Kody must always be top dog. 

Regarding Mariah and Audrey being affectionate, I can't say that I even noticed. Hubby and I have always been affectionate, and we have been together since our early 40s. Now 24 years later, we aren't as affectionate as we once were but still often hold hands. and he will at times give me a hug or kiss in public out of the blue. Being affectionate does have an age limit, or an expiry date. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I've always felt for Gabe. He has been jerked around by his idiot parents including their absolute lack of concern about how he felt about leaving Las Vegas when there was no fucking reason for them to leave Las Vegas. He appeared to be a fun and delightful kid, always smiling and happy in early episodes with a few exceptions of dust ups with a bullying older brother Garrison, and I think his parent sucked every bit of his natural good naturedness out of him. It's pretty heartbreaking to watch the forgotten ones. Hunter was similarly screwed by the fuckwads in the move to Vegas, but he eventually landed on his feet in spite of them - not because of them. 

The forgotten kids in this family make me sad: Truely, Savannah (who was the cutest thing ever when the show started and remains adorable), Gabe, Kristine's younger daughters (Truely, Gwen, Ysabel). I rewatched one of the episodes with Ysabel's scoliosis torture device, and it made me so sad how much Kody made it seem like it was totally her fault if she didn't get better because she wasn't doing enough of the quackery exercises. 

Omg, how he treated Ysabel about her scoliosis absolutely didn't get enough criticism by and large imo. It is absolutely disgusting to make your kid feel like they're less than if they can't personally "cure" or "overcome" their disability/condition. Not only did she feel self-conscious among her peers at school for how her back looked, but then her dad had to guilt her at home??

12 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Garrison is, or at least was, in the National Guard.

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I had to laugh at how horrified Kody was at the possibility of having the responsibility of a dog. This, the man who has 18 children, 15 that he fathered. Kody would no more be responsible for looking after a dog than he is for looking after his children. The real reason Kody doesn't want a dog in any house he inhabits is that he would view it as being competition. Kody must always be top dog. 

I doubt Kootie ever even fed any of the dogs and takes the kids to DQ when he is "babysitting" one of the wives' kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I had quit with this show years ago but I got sucked in with the show coming on right after 90day and I can not believe the way Kody and Robyn are so totally boring and obvious - why are they still calling this show Sister Wives?  It is not a show about polygamists at all.  It is now about two lame, delusional narcs that also show they are not intelligent enough to even put forth the energy to try to do their job with this show.  Zero effort on their part - so I think they should be fired.  Why not do a show about how polygamy did not work for three wives and the reasons why then the effect this choice will have on the wives and children going forward? Let Kody face the fact that he failed having "plural" wives in the public eye like he wanted- why protect him and his ever so fragile ego?  Plus I love that on coming back I cant help but notice how unattractive and heavy Robyn has become- she has no personality and her children are showing the signs of so much Kody attention.  Except for Mariah all the kids from the other wives seem so nice and normal - well adjusted.  I do not include Mariah because she was always such a brat and I think she treats her mother terribly - Meri or not.  Mariah has shown such bad behavior I just dont care for her one bit and make no excuses for her behavior she does not deserve any.  His good friend Joe Dargar probably thinks Kody is a total joke and sad excuse of a man that lives the "plural" life.  What an embarrassment he is to the cause.

• Love 19

I have this to say about Mariah.  If one is going to decide to be opinionated, one should make sure they are not ignorant.

She is like nails on a blackboard for so many reasons.

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The real reason Kody doesn't want a dog in any house he inhabits is that he would view it as being competition. Kody must always be top dog. 

Also, dogs probably don't like him as dogs are good judges of character.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, BuddyMom2 said:

Can you tell I have no respect for Kody?

Does anyone?  I honestly don't think I've ever heard one person say they like him.  Except for his wives, who have to say that I guess.

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Being affectionate does have an age limit, or an expiry date. 

Except with Sludge and Pudge, I bet dollars to donuts that the expiry date is as soon as the cameras are off.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

No guts, No glory.  Joe Darger stood his ground in Utah and saw it through, unlike Kody, who put his tail between his legs and scampered off into the night.  Now Mr. Bigshot Kody suggests that he looks forward to getting a "ticket" for living polygamy and would risk the little bit of security they hold in equity in the Plains of Plague to fight it.  He's such a poseur.

Yep. Polygamy will always be weird to me, but at least Joe Darger seems to have a little courage. Kody is the quintessential "I want all the spotlight/attention but none of the trials or effort" guy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
58 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Except with Sludge and Pudge, I bet dollars to donuts that the expiry date is as soon as the cameras are off.

Why? I am no fan of either Mariah or Audrey, but I have no reason to think that their affection and love for each other is manufactured. What would be the point? I do think that they moved to Flagstaff though rather than to Utah because they are likely getting some TLC money for appearing on camera. But Mariah is Kody's daughter, so that doesn't surprise me in the least. But as far as being affectionate for the camera only? Any possible reason for that escapes me. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, maxmama said:

If Kody wanted to see any of his kids, he would have moved heaven and earth to figure it out, including outdoor visits.

This is it exactly. Outdoors, distance, masks.......

• Love 9
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Dang...Truely really is the lost child...can't even get her own birthday.  And I can't think of a worse person to have to share it with, except perhaps Robyn.  Or, heaven forbid, Kody.

It's like Kody and Robyn watched back the footage and felt like they had to explain why Baby Sister was allowed to talk over Big Sister.  It's because she's a child, and she should've been left to play with her dolls while you all had your big important meeting.  But you know Kody - where we go one, we go all!  Even to sit at the dining room table!!

Idiots.

The little girl was actually chasing the cell phone cameras.  She is Kody's child.  Kody was taping himself, and she was crawling on his lap (blocking his selfie).  He may have sent her to Robyn.  Then, as Robyn was taping with her sparkly-cased cell phone, Areolabella tried to play with it.  She was then sent to the end of the table, where she declared Mommy's flowers and brown décor pretty.

Robyn was so distressed about AuroraBreanna's 18th birthday, since it was a "benchmark birthday," according to Kody.  Truely's tenth birthday, meanwhile, is no milestone.  But, according to Christine, Truely had a complete meltdown over it.  Never once in the conversation with Robyn's daughters did Kody or Robyn acknowledge any type of celebration of Truely's birthday, even though it's on the very same day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Just how long did Kody stay away from Janelle and their family? A month? 6 months? Because the time-line of the discussions was wonky.

I haven't followed the timeline in this episode.  The Governor of Arizona declared a public health emergency on March 19th and issued a stay-at-home order on March 30.  Kody taped his Kody blog on March 29th, and they're fretting about mid-April birthdays.  So, at this point in the show, Kody and Janelle had been separated for 2-3 weeks at most.  Gabe argued that he didn't need to quarantine for the next two weeks, since Kody's next visit would be in about a month.

Janelle played off the time she lived apart from the fambly as a few months, early in the marriage.  In fact, she moved to Wyoming and stayed there for about 3 years, after she had a blow-out fight with Meri.  Gabe was her youngest then, and she gave birth to Savannah about 3 years later - around the time she moved back in.

You may have thought Garrison was in the military, because his (middle) name is Garrison (the troops stationed in a fortress or town to defend it).

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Things last night that made me go hmmmm.....

If Robyn and Christine's families are quarantining so Kody can go between those two families safely, then why can't the children from those two families hang out with each other, or go to the other's birthday parties? 

Very telling that Gable asked Janelle if Kody was not going to out to the store then, and asked nothing about if Dad was still going to go to work.  Makes me think then, that Kody either doesn't really work, or works part time from home, prior to the pandemic. 

Also when Janelle explained to her kids that Kody would be spending his time between Christine and Robyn's homes, the kids didn't bat an eyelash over Meri not being included. Sounds like the entire family knows that she really is no longer part of the Brown family. 

Kody trying really hard to make it sound like he knows what's going on with his children, by talking about Savannha playing the bass guitar with her time, and then we cut to Janelle saying she's not practicing it, and is playing video games instead. 

• Love 20
59 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Any possible reason for that escapes me.

It's all for the show.  Gotta keep the TLC gravy train rolling so have to make sure the visuals are pointing toward a wedding.  Pudge's SM is mostly rants, only occasional mentions of Sludge or pictures of them together.  But they have to have something in the hopper to keep getting the shitshow renewed. There is only so long they can milk moving around like nomads in the desert.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CocoPuffs said:

Well let’s face it. Those girls can be obnoxious and very attention seeking. They get that from their mama and showboat dad. Given their family set up, I don’t find the way they act too surprising.  But I am kind of surprised to hear they would pick on Savanah. Garrison, yes. But not the other kids.

I don't see Ysabel as an attention seeker. But today, I rewatched the girls' Cali trip. Savannah was pumped about the trip. Gwen shut her down while they were packing the SUV. Savannah shut down after that. She still had fun on the trip, but sulked later in the couch convo.  

Gabe was voicing what probably 90% of teenagers his age felt at the beginning of the pandemic. Also, I think what he was saying but not saying was of course Kody was going to quarantine with Robyn's family. He has known who runs the show ever since the entire Brown circus had to pack up and move to Flagstaff beecause of Dayton. He just can't quite come out and say that he doesn't have any respect  or affection for Kody and how Robyn's family is always put first and foremost at the expense of his mom. Wasn't he the one last night who said in response to Janelle saying that Kody calls them,  he called once?  Gabe is a smart kid when it come to who is most important to Kody. And it isn't Janelle and her kids. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

I have a feeling that Christine's Utah talk is setting them up for selling Coyote Pass next season and moving all of them back to Utah. What else do thye have to discuss other the Royal wedding? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The real reason Kody doesn't want a dog in any house he inhabits is that he would view it as being competition. Kody must always be top dog. 

And the finale of his "I don't want a dog rant" was a strong disdain for all the dog hair on his . . . wait for it . . . Suitcoats!!!!!

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Kody trying really hard to make it sound like he knows what's going on with his children

yet admitting he didn't know Gabe had a girlfriend.

Adult Family Brown = contradictions. I guess this is expected when you fake so much you can't remember what phony crap was said or portrayed. I wonder if the producers are in on the joke and give us these gems on purpose. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

This episode really irritated me. All they have been talking about is how they rarely see each other. All the fake distress about the virus disrupting their being together as a family was complete BS. 

• Love 18

I've had a couple more thoughts on Janelle/Gabe. While this may have been mentioned last week, she cried when telling Kody of her decision. Sobbing, she said you're gonna owe me big. ( not a direct quote?) This week' episode shows her listening patiently to Gabe. My sense is that she will not try to prevent him from seeing his new gf. I sensed guilt on her part because the love he lost with the move to Flagstaff. 

2nd thought. Kody Log. Deranged eyes, dilated pupils. Testosterone. Jmo.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I think this episode delivered the finishing touches on my complete disgust for Kody Brown.  

Here's the traditional (and legitimate) parental objection to getting a dog: 

"You know who will end up feeding her?  Me.  You know who will have to walk her?  Me.  You know who will clean up her messes?  Me!"

If Kody had tried to deliver that speech with a straight face, the entire viewing audience would have guffawed in unison.

He's practically incapable of nurturing or caring for others over himself, and yet, he complains endlessly about the burden of doing so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
20 hours ago, maxmama said:

Once again the younger Brown kids asked the right questions and made the more insightful comments, particularly Christine’s three daughters upon hearing of mom’s desire to pick up AGAIN and move back to Utah.  Christine appeared to really be flummoxed by their position.  The rationality and common sense should just for once, come from the adults, not the kids.  Luckily those kids have watched this assortment of “parents”, shall we say, and have concluded there must be a better way.  Kody’s reference to each wife’s kids as “their kids”, meaning the mom’s kids, annoys me to no end.  Robyn’s cutesiness in trying to pre-empt some stupid thing Kody is pontificating about, assuming the viewers will be shocked and astonished to hear it.  Also annoying.  Meri, however, is starting to grow on me a little bit.  She doesn’t really give a rat’s ass anymore, and I love it.  Of course she played a part in her own downfall in the family, but Kody has treated her badly all on his own and of course cannot see it.  Ever-practical and rational Janelle wins the night.

I think the downfall of Kody and Meri started when they divorced so he could marry his true love, Robyn. I think it really hurt Meri, and she never let on how much it hurt. Then she ended up being catfished and that was used to put all the blame on her. 

• Love 20

I always thought Kootie was a bit dim, but I never realized how mean he was  until lately. Good for Meri, finally speaking the truth about his treatment of her. Like  others here, I feel sorry for the “lost “ kids in this group. Hunter has found his way, so I have hope for them all.

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

but I never realized how mean he was

That's what I thought watching his histrionic plan to give it to the man State of Utah.

Super Victim/Vindictive Man Kody Brown wants REVENGE on Utah for all the wrongs those Mormons have inflicted on all the innocent plygs. He'll show them. They made him move is family to Las Vegas making him get stuck on the freeway for hours, in the dead of night like gypsy's, with three flat tires. He will go out of his way to get him one of those plyg tickets and then those Mormons better look out. He'll sue. And win. And it all will be filmed and added to the Kody Kronicles.

And Robyn will cry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I only made it through half the episode. This happened to me last season too. It gets harder and harder to listen to them babble about nothing.

It is painfully obvious that Kody knows very little about the personal lives of each of his 18 kids. Gabe has a girlfriend who he is spending all his time with and Kody didn't even know. This reminds me of the Duggars. I bet it's even worse with the youngest kids like Truely. That being said, Gabe's attitude about the pandemic annoyed the crap out of me. 

• Love 9

Did anyone notice the glass tchotchke cabinet during Kody's roundtable at Robyn's house?  I counted four shelves LOADED with figurines.  It looked like the display case at our local second hand shop.  Then I started scanning the background of her house and she's got even more crap on every available surface.  Hey, Robyn - just because you CAN cram another $50 Precious Moments or Willow Tree into that cabinet doesn't mean you SHOULD. 

I laugh about Meri shopping the holiday sales at Michael's but Robyn is just as bad, if not worse.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16

I know some of the kids want to see Kody. If I had that dumbass as a Dad I would be happy to isolate without his annoying ass around. 

I so want to shave Kodys ridiculous crunchy (look at how much hair I have) curls off. Expose that extremely receding hairline.

Yet another week as I sit and wonder why I watch this crap. Then I remember oh I don't have a life. 😁

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, monagatuna said:

My wife and I have only been together about four years but yeah, we're every bit as affectionate now as we were in the beginning. I hope it stays that way for a long, long time.

One bit of context I may be able to add: when you live in or frequent an area where you don't feel safe holding your partner's hand, you do tend to make up for lost time when you can. My wife and I live in an area where there's very little homophobia, but when we travel we have to be very careful about how we present ourselves. (Even if all we get are stares, they can still feel threatening and make you feel unsafe.) When we feel safe again, the first thing we do is hold each other, or hold hands, or kiss. You have to take advantage of the times where you feel completely safe to hold hands or touch each other. I know you may be thinking "well but they lived in Chicago at the time," but if you really think Chicago doesn't have homophobia just because it's a major city, you haven't been to Chicago. Heck, I got engaged just outside of Chicago and experienced it myself.

While I'm not here to defend a very unpopular person, please remember that if you're in a hetero-presenting relationship, you don't have to make these concessions and adjustments, so it may seem like "too much" to you (or worse, "shoving it down your throat"), but to the couple, it may seem like not enough.

I think am in a "hetero-presenting" , not sure about that nomenclature, and we do adjust our public behavior. We don't PDA either. 

• Love 6