Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Different Wives, Different Rules

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Twopper said:

okay, maybe I misheard what she said earlier about her age when her dad took a second wife.   I am watching an episode now and she is visiting someone who went to kindergarten with her.  Meri says she was 4 when her parents converted from Mormon to the fundamentalist version. The friend's father was on the council that excommunicated Meri's parents so she knew that Meri's family was poly.  Meri said she was about five when the second wife came on board.   Then they drove to the house in Bountiful where she grew up and talked to some of the neighbors.  The house looks tiny but has 2 mailboxes because there was an apartment in the basement for Meri's second mom.  She also asked the friend if she remembered a trap door, but then they don't mention it.  I guess there was a trap door in the house for Meri's dad to go between the apartments?!  Honestly, I have no idea.   It is a gorgeous Saturday after a few days of too much rain, and I  am sitting in the house watching this stupid show.   I do not understand myself some days, and now I can't wait to read their book that I just ordered used.  

Don’t feel bad. It’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m scouring these threads because I can’t stomach to watch the show but keep waiting for the whole mess to implode. I’m afraid I’ll miss something.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LeahFrancis said:

Don’t feel bad. It’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m scouring these threads because I can’t stomach to watch the show but keep waiting for the whole mess to implode. I’m afraid I’ll miss something.  

God girl, it is 4:24 AM  and here I am still waiting for the whole the thing to implod too! As publicly as possible!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I think they could get at least a season out of “Sister Wives: The Aftermath” if they finally just all broke up except Kody and Robyn. Meri could be shown running the Inn and helping Mariah and Audrey with newlywed stuff. Christine could try online dating, and her segments could also focus on what her younger kids are up to. She could still be shown visiting Janelle’s kids as well, especially Maddie’s family, as well as spending time with Mykelti’s baby. Janelle could be shown trying new fitness ventures and trying to “get outside her comfort zone.” Robyn could lament the loss of the life she thought she was marrying into and whine and cry like usual. 

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
On 3/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, Twopper said:

I was about to post on Janelle's thread that I was really impressed by her snark in season 6 or 7 where they are talking about a possible 5th wife and Janelle says how she  never expected they would have a fourth.   The look of utter surprise and horror on Robyn's face is hilarious.

Yes! I remember that.  Funny also, because it was Janelle who clearly stated in the beginning of the first season about how she was thinking "this is getting kinda boring", she had the feeling that there should be someone else....Imma callin' bullsh*t on that one. And Christine insisted that everything was just fine as it was (pre-Robyn)

And as people have mentioned small edits in the rewatches, I distinctly remember that scene when Janelle says 'we didn't know about Robyn' and then Robyn adding "REALLY Janelle".  Yet in a rewatch it seemed to be missing.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, Twopper said:

okay, maybe I misheard what she said earlier about her age when her dad took a second wife.   I am watching an episode now and she is visiting someone who went to kindergarten with her.  Meri says she was 4 when her parents converted from Mormon to the fundamentalist version. The friend's father was on the council that excommunicated Meri's parents so she knew that Meri's family was poly.  Meri said she was about five when the second wife came on board.   Then they drove to the house in Bountiful where she grew up and talked to some of the neighbors.  The house looks tiny but has 2 mailboxes because there was an apartment in the basement for Meri's second mom.  She also asked the friend if she remembered a trap door, but then they don't mention it.  I guess there was a trap door in the house for Meri's dad to go between the apartments?!  Honestly, I have no idea.   It is a gorgeous Saturday after a few days of too much rain, and I  am sitting in the house watching this stupid show.   I do not understand myself some days, and now I can't wait to read their book that I just ordered used.  

I also picked up on this recently.  I thought I might have been remembering that Meri's Dad converted when she was young and then maybe taking another wife when she was 11 or so, but in the rewatch she says the second wife came at age 5.  That's a big difference.

I suspect the Browns wanted to wash over their history and in the beginning they were keeping to the script but as time goes on they forget what they said 10 years ago, but for us who watch the show, and then rewatch it, they are saying it just last week or yesterday and it is fresh in our memory and 10 years ago in their memory.

They aren't here for an authentic story, just drama to keep the family business going.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I also picked up on this recently.  I thought I might have been remembering that Meri's Dad converted when she was young and then maybe taking another wife when she was 11 or so, but in the rewatch she says the second wife came at age 5.  That's a big difference.

I suspect the Browns wanted to wash over their history and in the beginning they were keeping to the script but as time goes on they forget what they said 10 years ago, but for us who watch the show, and then rewatch it, they are saying it just last week or yesterday and it is fresh in our memory and 10 years ago in their memory.

They aren't here for an authentic story, just drama to keep the family business going.

Well, I just was watching an episode subsequent to the trip to Bountiful, and Meri says that her dad's second wife bailed after just 2 years  and she was 10 when he took the second 2nd wife.   I get whiplash watching these people.

I also get really annoyed with Janelle's failure to mention being Meri's SIL  Maybe Janelle is smart enough to realize people would be repulsed by it.  And I hate that Kody and Janelle originally planned to marry on Meri's birthday.   Something like this makes it more understandable why Meri wasn't perhaps nice to Janelle.  I am beginning to think Meri's issues with Janelle began from Janelle's side, and that we have been gaslighted about that throughout the show.  Kody's mother had to step in to tell him to choose another day, and he chose the day after Meri's birthday which is nearly as bad as it means that he cannot go on a birthday trip with Meri as it would trample on his anniversary with Janelle.  They should have married at least several weeks earlier or later.   I really hate Janelle for not objecting as much as I hate them both for agreeing to that date in the first place.  Rant over.  I need to cook dinner.

5 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I think they could get at least a season out of “Sister Wives: The Aftermath”

yes, please.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, LeahFrancis said:

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

God girl, it is 4:24 AM  and here I am still waiting for the whole the thing to implod too! As publicly as possible!

Hmmm it's 1.20am here, just got up because I couldn't sleep (again) and what am I doing? Reading this forum about a bunch of idiots! Maybe we could start our own thread and name it the insomniatic forum sister wives?

On second thought...maybe I should bingewatch a few recent shows now? It might actually work better than sleeping pills or pain meds...

• LOL 12
On 3/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Roslyn said:

f it is true that a new wife has to go through the existing wives to get into the family, then why was Christine kept out of the loop?  Meri and Kody admitted to keeping their ideas about Robyn entering the family secret for awhile and Christine was nearly hysterical on camera talking about how everyone gets a testimony about Robyn except her. 

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 last night and yes, I noticed that Christine mentioned several times how she was kept out of the loop whilst Kody and Robyn were planning their future as one big family, yet she still had not met Robyn. That struck me, as yes, the wives need to give their consent/blessing before a marriage can even be considered. Or so they say. Christine actually said several times that she wasn't happy with Robyn coming into the family at all, but Kodouche still went ahead. 

And only now I am realising the full extent of the cruelty they did to Christine. She miscarried before Truely and was pretty stressed out during that pregnancy (being haunted with thoughts about what could go wrong with this baby). And as most of us know, a pregnancy does funny things to your hormones and mood sometimes. You need a devoted partner by your side, not an absent jerk who:

- first decides it is ok to court another woman whilst you are heavily pregnant and need the support

- second thinks it is ok to kiss said woman whilst you are in labour

- third discusses fertility treatment of wife no 1 whilst you are in labour

It's funny how you view things differently in hindsight, after 10 years...

• Love 15