Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Robyn the Peacemaker

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It's weird how Kody interacts with each wife. When Christine had the meeting,every time Robyn made a face or looked annoyed, it seemed like Kody was afraid to speak. Like he was afraid he was going to make Robyn mad. Even when it was Meri and him and Robyn,he would look at Robyn and literally stop talking if he saw any annoyance on her round face. Maybe Kody would make a good monogamist husband. Because he genuinely seems to want to make Robyn happy and doesn't like to upset her. So when he really likes a woman he's somewhat submissive???? Interesting. Meri should move on. She can do so much better. When watching their THs they're both on different sides. Like he's done with their relationship and Meri still seems what?? Hopeful? Wondering? Christine is a cute woman. If Angela from love after lockup can get a guy to worship her then Christine can. 

Edited by ErikaMarshSmith
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Kody [on Meri]: Neither of us see real value in the relationship.

Kody [on the other wives]: I have three other fulfilling relationships.

I loathe Meri, but...is Kody keeping her around just to torture her? All the platitudes in the world about sticking it out because you made a commitment, and marriage is work, and blah blah, none of those mean anything unless you're actually DOING SOMETHING to fix the problem.

My feeling is that it is not a matter of Kody keeping Meri around but Meri probably thinking to herself and saying to Kody and the rest of his harem, I'm not leaving. She is going to stick around and collect her share of the TLC money.  Don't blame her for that. When they are not filming I doubt that she has anything to do with Kody and the other wives.  What I don't understand is why she has to act like a wounded puppy dog around him. Maybe they all have a script and this is her part to play. This whole show is a sham. They are never going to build homes on that land. Robyn already has her mansion. Christine has her house and Janelle is probably happy to just be renting. They are just biding their time riding the TLC gravy train for as long as it lasts. 

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm curious.  If Mariah and Audrey move to Utah will they be accepted there?  Somebody said the church really doesn't accept their lifestyle.

It shouldn't matter because any pretense at religion went by the wayside many seasons ago.  They don't even refer to the supposed "tennants" (per Sobyn) of their faith anymore.

8 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

She is quitting a 3-year program where she would earn two degrees after Year 2, and she's leaving with neither degree.

I predicted back at the beginning of the whole "school in Chicogo" arc that she would never finish and I had doubts that she was even attending at all.  All of those pictures of her reading a random book at some coffee shop and doing bad yoga poses didn't scream college student to me.

2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Who drives all the way back to Utah from Nevada with a dying dog??????

I don't think the dog was dying.  They were just going to kill it after it watched them dig its grave.  As I recall it was wetting inside or some non-fatal thing other than the fact that it was annoying to them.  That's when I permanently quit watching these assholes.

58 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

My feeling is that it is not a matter of Kody keeping Meri around but Meri probably thinking to herself and saying to Kody and the rest of his harem, I'm not leaving. She is going to stick around and collect her share of the TLC money.  Don't blame her for that. When they are not filming I doubt that she has anything to do with Kody and the other wives.  What I don't understand is why she has to act like a wounded puppy dog around him. Maybe they all have a script and this is her part to play. This whole show is a sham. They are never going to build homes on that land. Robyn already has her mansion. Christine has her house and Janelle is probably happy to just be renting. They are just biding their time riding the TLC gravy train for as long as it lasts. 

I've always been curious about how the TLC Check is received.  Is it made out to Kody or to all of them or do they all get separate checks?

Over on Soap Dirt they give her worth.  Kody $1,000,000.  Robyn $600,000. Meri, Janelle and Christine $400,000.

I wondered if Robyns was high due to her high priced home.

• Love 2

My feeling is that it is not a matter of Kody keeping Meri around but Meri probably thinking to herself and saying to Kody and the rest of his harem, I'm not leaving. She is going to stick around and collect her share of the TLC money.  Don't blame her for that.

I blame Meri because she could easily leave but she's not, and I think she totally gets off on playing the victim. The only reason someone would lower themselves to having a sister wife mediate their "marriage" is if they secretly like the attention. Same thing with the indecision about fertility treatments. She could have tried to have more kids, but she'd rather sit in a pity puddle. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

It shouldn't matter because any pretense at religion went by the wayside many seasons ago.  They don't even refer to the supposed "tennants" (per Sobyn) of their faith anymore.

I wasn't very clear.  I meant with the church views on same sex marriage would the community even except them?

My biggest takeaways from this: 

Meri looks huge in her flimsy, terrible-fitting LuLaCrap.  She must be pushing 220 and the clothes do her no favors.  Also, wanna-be-yoga-queen Pudge is hefting around quite a bit. Like mother like daughter. 

At least there was some drama is this one. If I could re-name it, it would be “Kody still hates Meri”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wasn't very clear.  I meant with the church views on same sex marriage would the community even except them?

Gotcha.  But less than half of the population of SLC is Mormon so they might be able to find some compadres.  At least until they got to know Princess Snowflake and then all bets are off.

Edited by Cetacean
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I loathe Meri, but...is Kody keeping her around just to torture her? All the platitudes in the world about sticking it out because you made a commitment, and marriage is work, and blah blah, none of those mean anything unless you're actually DOING SOMETHING to fix the problem.

Always remember and never forget:  in order to keep Robyn happy, Kody divorced Meri.  Removed her as first wife in the hierarchy for some trumped up nonsense about adopting Robyn’s kids.  Of all the crap he has put Meri through during their time together, that was absolutely the final nail.

She has no standing in the family anymore.  None.  She doesn’t like them; they don’t like her.  The slap in the face of the divorce was a shot heard ‘round the world.  Meri owes these people nothing.  She should have left after the divorce and gone to the B&B, never to be heard from again.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, thosme said:

Could the seven plots of land be the 4 in the development,  one with Christine's house on it, one with Robin's house on it and then the extra plot of land next to Robin's house?  I am just guessing because I  only get my information through this forum and haven't watched the program in years.

Yes, you got it. I looked and Christine is the sole owner of the home in a pretty developed subdivision.

• Love 3

I am not so sure the other wives want Meri to leave. If Meri goes, she has created a position for most hated wife. Christine already seems to be getting  on Kody’s nerves and complaining about rarely seeing him. Well, without Meri, he will need to focus his anger and blame on someone and it seems it would be Christine. She could then really complain about having the Meri schedule of never seeing Kody.

Realistically, they need Meri on the show. If she leaves, it’s going to look like she is the only smart one in the family for getting out of that mess. It plays in her favor, not theirs. The season without Meri would be entirely about Meri and how the family has a hole in it without a fourth wife. I also think it might push Kody to think about a new wife.

Kody already has already suffered the humiliation that Meri was going to leave him for another man. I think for all his complaining, Kody would prefer to have Meri as part of the family than to have her leave and find another man. I don’t think his fragile ego can take it. I think we would also see some jealousy in the other wives that Meri has a man that solely focuses on her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So why the ginormous home? Not only is the rent higher than on a smaller home but the utilities are higher too and you have to keep it at least minimally clean.

They claim there were not many rentals available and they had to take what they could get, big or small.

10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I loathe Meri, but...is Kody keeping her around just to torture her

Not sure he is keeping her around.  I think the way he acts and the things he says are letting her know they are done.  She is just not getting the hint.  

Does anyone believe that all the wives go to Robyn to discuss their problems with Kody?  I think it was Christine who said that none of the wives should discuss their relationship with Kody with a sister wife.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Does anyone believe that all the wives go to Robyn to discuss their problems with Kody?  I think it was Christine who said that none of the wives should discuss their relationship with Kody with a sister wife.  

I recall one incident when Christine approached Meri to discuss what seemed like an important issue she was having with Kody.  This took place before the divorce and Christine was approaching Meri as a mentor and it seemed to me that she was paying respect and seeking guidance to help her understand Kody.  Meri had a broken leg at the time and the conversation took place on Meri's bed, Meri listened to Christine with a condescending sneer on her face and effectively told her to "suck it up buttercup".  This attempt by Christine to pay homage to Meri as the senior wife and the ultimate rejection by Meri would have been enough to dissuade her from ever sharing her soul with another wife ever again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

THIS x 1,000.  I think this is spot-on.  Audge is always going to come second to Mariah's ego for as long as they are together.

And if you're confused about Meri and her plot of land, let me see if I can make it clearer:

Kody: You said you liked trees.

Meri: I do like trees.

Kody: So you can have this plot of land, with trees.

Meri: That's too many trees.

Kody: But I thought you wanted trees.

Meri: I DO want trees!

Kody: These are trees!  For you!

Meri: Trees can be dark if there's too many!  But that doesn't mean that I don't like trees!

Kody:..............................

Meri: I never didn't say that I didn't not want trees!  I just didn't say that I didn't WANT to not want trees!  I didn't never want ANY trees, I only never didn't want that MANY trees!

Kody:...............................

Meri:............................... 

Robyn: So are we all good here?

Kody..............................I'm good.

Meri................................................................................................i'm fine........................................................................

Hope that helps!

BEST RECAP EVER! 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

OMG was Robyn really crying for herself when she was talking about the ideal pure love she feels for her sister wives? She really thinks a lot of herself doesn’t she?

@Onceafan your assessment of Robyn wanting to maintain her image is spot on. So she waits 4 months after the blow up at coyote pass, and more importantly waits for the cameras, so she can be filmed as the peacemaker cause she knows she let her mask slipped the last time, and the audience got to see her true colors. Now she’s trying to play miss perfect again for the audience. 

im waiting to hear your response on this episode and on Kody.

• Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, b2H said:

Here's the thing:

You know what would make a great story line?

The entire bunch of them abandoning polygamy and going their separate ways.  Unwinding the Gordian Knot they've made of their lives would be far more interesting and satisfactory than watching yet one more argument about Coyote Pass.  

Kody needs to sell that land to someone willing to put the time and the money into developing it, distribute the proceeds to the four families and leave town, never to be seen again.

This is stuff and nonsense.  They hate each other.  Move on.

Not a stupid one.  Just an ignorant one.  She has no idea about monogamy and no one should take her word for anything with respect to monogamy.

I remember the episode from last season (?) where the Browns' offer on Prairie Plague Pass was accepted.

Kody was beside himself with delight that the seller(s) accepted the offer but that the buyers (Browns) had to accept responsibility for bringing in utilities.  

I remember eye rolling so hard I found parts of brain I didn't know I had.

Of course they accepted the offer and made the buyer responsible for the utilities, Kody, you jackass.  Perhaps you should have investigated what that entailed before agreeing to the seller's condition.  Ugh.  

I don't think there's any way possible the Brown clan could ever pony up the necessary monies to handle that.  

Kody never thinks out any of his brilliant ideas.  And yet he wonders why they're broke.  

I agree with you...sell that land to someone can afford to develop it.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've always been curious about how the TLC Check is received.  Is it made out to Kody or to all of them or do they all get separate checks?

Over on Soap Dirt they give her worth.  Kody $1,000,000.  Robyn $600,000. Meri, Janelle and Christine $400,000.

I wondered if Robyns was high due to her high priced home.

Her homes are definitely worth more and her name is on more properties with Kody. Christine is the only one who has sole title to the property she lives on.

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me the supposed decision-making process is for who gets what parcel of land?  Does Meri get first choice, and that's why she can hem and haw and squirm her way out of making a decision?

Why not set a deadline (if she does get first dibs) and then move on to the next wife if Meri abdicates her choice by no decision being made?  Done deal.

Or maybe Kody can "lead" as the headship of this "family" by assigning parcels, with no further discussion.  I'd actually support his right to do that, considering their supposed beliefs and alleged family structure.

• Love 11

The entire pond issue drives me nuts.  It's not a "natural" pond, it's a retention pond to collect rain runoff.  Any normal developer would reinforce it, plant around it and it becomes a "feature", not to be used for swimming, fishing, etc.  Homes are not usually built close by but they are situated so any rain/snow runoff is directed to that feature.   They create huge issues with mosquitos, algae, etc. if not properly maintained.   If several homes are built on property with such a retention pond, the maintenance is usually covered by HOA fees.   The County has some pretty strict regulations regarding them.  Unless fenced, they do create a drowning hazard for children, and in some areas fencing is required.    So, the entire "who will have access" to the "pond" is ridiculous!    Kody is an idiot.  He has zero experience in building homes, knowing the zoning requirements, getting utilities to the property, etc.   He just likes pretty pictures.    That property was purchased as one parcel.  It is only their plan to build several homes.   I wonder if they have even applied for a subdivision of the property.  That would determine how many, how big, and where the individual parcels would be located.    The approvals, drawings, permits, utilities, etc. are going to take a lot of time - perhaps up to two years, so the idea they will be breaking ground anytime soon is unrealistic.

I have always suspected the reason for leaving Las Vegas so abruptly was because the quick mortgages they got on those houses are about the have a very large balloon payment, and I doubt they could refinance.   They certainly didn't have a huge amount of equity.   So what money they got from the sale, they sunk into the Coyote Pass parcel.  They just don't have the funds or credit for construction loans.  Now with mortgages on Robyns house what funds they did have are tied up. 

Except for Janelle, they all seem to be done.   Janelle could take polygamy or leave it - doesn't seem to matter to her.  But she seems to be saying we are either going to get our act together, be a family, or not.  Doesn't matter, just make a decision.  Kody seems to want to be with just one wife (Robyn).   If the others leave and go their separate ways, I could easily see Kody seek another wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

Recall that the "house in the trees" was literally way back in the trees well away from the other proposed houses. Her second option was to be by the road. It's not unusual to be confused. Why couldn't she put a house closer to the ditch and away from the trees a little? They didn't tell her why she only had two choices. a) in the trees  or b) by the road was it.  If I were going to build a house, I'd want to put it in the best spot. Meri is just saying she wants some trees around but doesn't want to be literally in the woods surrounded by trees. But that's not an option given to her because they are all worried about access to an ugly ditch. 

Of course they could cut down a few trees...but then we wouldn't have a storyline.

jnms9rokp7j41.jpg

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 13

Meri's proclamation that Kody is all about his children is hilarious. I do believe he gets off on having a large number of offspring, but views them as possessions/trophies/accomplishments, etc. I have seen nothing to believe he actually loves them or enjoys being with them. Why haven't we seen more interactions with his many son's? I seem to recall a scene in a garage with Christine setting up wrestling mats. Where was the scene of King Kody wrestling his grown sons? Also recall the cringey scene where he was trying to teach Sol and Truely to ride bikes. Yeah, he was having loads of fun and pride doing that.

Sorry Meri, not buying your version of Kody as Ward Cleaver. Maybe an NBA athlete paying multiple women child support.

• Love 16
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

jnms9rokp7j41.jpg

OMG this is unintentionally hilarious. It's like Meri's house has been put in the naughty corner wearing a dunce cap.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, notnowimbusy said:

That property was purchased as one parcel.  It is only their plan to build several homes.   I wonder if they have even applied for a subdivision of the property.  That would determine how many, how big, and where the individual parcels would be located.

If you look on the Coconino County GIS Parcel mapper there are 4 separate parcels with 2 parcels having a part of the pond on them. They are owned separately by different configurations of the wives and Kody. Search OWNER=BROWN KODY and you will find them.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, spacefly said:

Her homes are definitely worth more and her name is on more properties with Kody. Christine is the only one who has sole title to the property she lives on.

I have a question - if Christine were to just say, "I'm out.  I'm selling my house and moving to St. George to be with my new grandbaby," how would that play out?  I have no idea how deep in debt any of them are.  If Christine owns the house in her name alone, could she sell and get a little money out of it to start somewhere else?

15 minutes ago, spacefly said:

This is an aerial view of their parcels. Kody owns them all. From west to east ownership goes:

• Kody, Robyn & Christine
  • Kody, Janelle & Meri
  • Kody &  Robyn
  • Kody & Janelle

image.png.220df5390fc4de7ebf820d4fceb79f81.png

Why are some owned in three names and some in two?  I swear I get dizzy when I actually try to parse out the shenanigans these numbskulls are up to.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Recall that the "house in the trees" was literally way back in the trees well away from the other proposed houses. Her second option was to be by the road. It's not unusual to be confused. Why couldn't she put a house closer to the ditch and away from the trees a little? They didn't tell her why she only had two choices. a) in the trees  or b) by the road was it.  If I were going to build a house, I'd want to put it in the best spot. Meri is just saying she wants some trees around but doesn't want to be literally in the woods surrounded by trees. But that's not an option given to her because they are all worried about access to an ugly ditch. 

Of course they could cut down a few trees...but then we wouldn't have a storyline.

jnms9rokp7j41.jpg

The diagram of the plots means nothing at this point.  Whether Meri wants the trees or not means nothing right now.  They haven't had the land surveyed yet so this diagram is 100% theoretical.  They have no clue how the lots are truly shaped or where the boundaries are.  There's no point in them arguing about who gets what until they get definitive answers from a surveyor, which it sounds like Kody is unwilling to do. Also, that's not a f#@$ing pond, it's a drainage ditch full of bacteria and mosquitos.  Gross

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

jnms9rokp7j41.jpg

image.png.220df5390fc4de7ebf820d4fceb79f

Notice that they are building all four house on only 2 of the plots of land.  House 3 and house 4 are on the biggest plot of land to the left (technically owned by Robyn, Kody and Christine).  House 1 and 2 are on the next biggest plot of land second from the left (technically owned by Janelle, Kody and Meri).   He's taking the two big plots and subdividing them, leaving the right two plots open.  I get now where his "7 houses comes from" - he's putting 4 houses on 2 plots of land, then assuming he can build one house each on the other two plots plus 1 house on the plot behind Robyn's new mansion.  He better make sure he can legally subdivide those two properties otherwise how will he sell the houses later down the road?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

The diagram of the plots means nothing at this point.  Whether Meri wants the trees or not means nothing right now.  They haven't had the land surveyed yet so this diagram is 100% theoretical.  They have no clue how the lots are truly shaped or where the boundaries are.  There's no point in them arguing about who gets what until they get definitive answers from a surveyor, which it sounds like Kody is unwilling to do. Also, that's not a f#@$ing pond, it's a drainage ditch full of bacteria and mosquitos.  Gross

If you look on the assessor site the lots have been subdivided with individual owners and acreages as well as taxes for the land. Kody applied for permits to subdivide the property when he bought the land, if you look through the permit database they are listed. The permits are in Kody's name only not that it matters much. I think there is 1 survey record on file, I didn't look it up. Not sure of the reasoning of the variety of ownerships.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I remember the pivotal episode when they all went out to see "Coyote Pass" for the first time.  I remember Kody telling Meri right off the bat, "This is your tract" and Meri immediately balking.  I distinctly remember telling the television, "Girl, mistake!  You just lost the best patch of land for the sake of being stubborn."

(Who wants to be in a house baking under the Arizona sun when you could be nestled in among the shady pines?)

It was pretty obvious to me that Meri just automatically dug in her heels because Kody handed down an edict where she was going to be living.  Then, in short order, Robyn bounced up and said, "Oh boy, I'll take it!" and Meri had to backpedal like crazy.  Meri looked pretty lame babbling about liking trees, but what if they cast too much shade?  Yup, yup, you cut off your nose to spite your face there, dear.

I get it, Meri.  Been there.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, spacefly said:

If you look on the assessor site the lots have been subdivided with individual owners and acreages as well as taxes for the land. Kody applied for permits to subdivide the property when he bought the land, if you look through the permit database they are listed. 

So Kody applied for a permit to subdivide the left two lots?

• Love 1

The average per square foot cost to build a home in Flagstaff is $141.  For a 2500 sq ft house (which obviously would be nowhere near big enough for Robyn) that would come to $352,500.  For four homes, $1,410,000.  For seven, $2,467,500.  That's just to build the houses, not run utilities.  In the meantime, during the construction of these new homes, they'll still be paying rent, mortgage and other expenses for their current four homes, as well as whatever is owed on Coyote Pass. How in the world can Kody even suggest doing this with a straight face?  

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
(edited)
29 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So Kody applied for a permit to subdivide the left two lots?

Yes when he bought the land he applied for a permit to subdivide the land into 5 parcels. So after some research I read the permit, I believe the land was subdivided by Who LLC in 2017, it says it was issued, approved and closed and there are permits for the same action on each parcel in Coyote Pass owned by the Brown's. So maybe Kody was planning to subdivide again? It ended up being 4 to the Brown's and maybe Who LLC kept one for themselves. It must have been approved because there is individual owners listed and taxes being paid on each individual parcel. 

Edited by spacefly
Research
  • Useful 3
18 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

If they feel so strongly about commitments, why would they (Kody) marry 2 divorcees? Irony in a nutshell...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The only thing that surprises me in this discussion, is that the taxes are paid. Are we sure about that?

I actually looked, not at all parcels but the couple I looked at were paid.

2 hours ago, candall said:

I remember the pivotal episode when they all went out to see "Coyote Pass" for the first time.  I remember Kody telling Meri right off the bat, "This is your tract" and Meri immediately balking.  I distinctly remember telling the television, "Girl, mistake!  You just lost the best patch of land for the sake of being stubborn."

(Who wants to be in a house baking under the Arizona sun when you could be nestled in among the shady pines?)

I’d prefer the shady trees EXCEPT they’d block the mountain view which in this case is pretty spectacular. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I wouldn't care to be in the trees!  Wolf spiders, moldy roofs and dry rot!  Give me sunshine and I'll plant a tree or two!I

I surely wouldn't want to be near the mosquito pond with leaches and algea!

I'd stay in my rental!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 9

Finally sitting down to watch this ep.

Janelle exclaiming “Hallelujah!” was a first.  In all these years, I’ve heard plenty of “my hells” and “damns”,  but nary a “hallelujah”. 

Since I’ve not bought into the Coyote Pass Utopian Development or the One House to Rule them all scenarios, I’m assuming all these visits to work out the “family culture” are TLC’s way of advertising the land for the family to sell.  And the mountain scenery is the best thing about this episode as it’s as pure and unadulterated as the Browns are not. 

Kody and Meri wearing light jackets and Robyn wearing an Alaskan parka and sled dog boots. I’m imaging them in their makeup mirrors before the scene, asking “What’s my motivation?”

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, laurakaye said:

THIS x 1,000.  I think this is spot-on.  Audge is always going to come second to Mariah's ego for as long as they are together.

And if you're confused about Meri and her plot of land, let me see if I can make it clearer:

Kody: You said you liked trees.

Meri: I do like trees.

Kody: So you can have this plot of land, with trees.

Meri: That's too many trees.

Kody: But I thought you wanted trees.

Meri: I DO want trees!

Kody: These are trees!  For you!

Meri: Trees can be dark if there's too many!  But that doesn't mean that I don't like trees!

Kody:..............................

Meri: I never didn't say that I didn't not want trees!  I just didn't say that I didn't WANT to not want trees!  I didn't never want ANY trees, I only never didn't want that MANY trees!

Kody:...............................

Meri:............................... 

Robyn: So are we all good here?

Kody..............................I'm good.

Meri................................................................................................i'm fine........................................................................

Hope that helps!

I found it incredibly telling that Audrey had been struggling for a long time, but once Mariah misses her siblings it’s high-tail it back to Utah!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I  doubt this.   Net worth is assets minus liabilities.   They supposedly paid cash for the house that Christine bought for $520,000, but they then took off Kody's name and Christine ended up with a mortgage on the property.  I think that may have been in part to convert the loft/den area into a super master bedroom.  I am not sure if she has fully paid off the medical debt for Ysabel's surgery, plus she has a nice car which is probably leased.  I would not be surprised if she had substantial credit card debt as well. 

it would be very odd for Janelle and Meri to be equal. 

I suspect this was figured just based on the value of the land and two houses less any known mortgages and divided up based on whose name was on which property.  Kody is on all of the lots at Prairie Dog Road so he will appear to be the 'richest."

No matter what their net worth, I suspect they are cash poor, and that is the reason they took out the loan against Robyn's mansionette.

I am more interested in how this shell game plays out and who is the first to foreclose or get evicted or file bankruptcy than I am in whether Robyn and Kody are going to have another child that will be younger than his oldest grandkids or whether he can stand to be in the same state with Meri.

Speaking of Meri, I had forgot the dead dog scene was only with her, Kody and Mariah. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

TLC's normal method is to make out one check to the family.  How they divide it is the family's problem. In most of these family type shows, they set up a corporation to receive the payment.  

8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Can someone explain to me the supposed decision-making process is for who gets what parcel of land?  Does Meri get first choice, and that's why she can hem and haw and squirm her way out of making a decision?

Why not set a deadline (if she does get first dibs) and then move on to the next wife if Meri abdicates her choice by no decision being made?  Done deal.

It doesn't really matter what Meri says or doesn't say she wants.  They haven't done anything toward developing the land and as keeps getting pointed out, they don't have the funds to even begin with utilities.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Whether Meri wants the trees or not means nothing right now.  They haven't had the land surveyed yet so this diagram is 100% theoretical.  They have no clue how the lots are truly shaped or where the boundaries are.  There's no point in them arguing about who gets what until they get definitive answers from a surveyor, which it sounds like Kody is unwilling to do. Also, that's not a f#@$ing pond, it's a drainage ditch full of bacteria and mosquitos.  Gross

Exactly.  They've already sort of established who gets what by the deeds yet have made no further progress forward.  It's all talk for the show at this point and likely all it will ever be.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, spacefly said:

This is an aerial view of their parcels. Kody owns them all. From west to east ownership goes:

• Kody, Robyn & Christine
  • Kody, Janelle & Meri
  • Kody &  Robyn
  • Kody & Janelle

So the parcel with Meri's name actually on it isn't the one with all the trees.  It's the one with the fewest trees.  TLC loves to lie and have their "talent" lie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4