Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 90 Words Per Minute

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@sasha206, you GO, girl! Glad to hear you’re getting another shot at happiness!

Awwwww thank you so much!  He is a sweetie this one.  He said he had no idea I crushed on him in high school because he did as well.  He had gone to dinner with one of his best friends from the neighborhood he grew up in and asked about me.  She said, join Facebook and you'll see how she is doing!  So he did.  Awwwwwww!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

About three months ago or so, I had posted in one of the 90 day threads about my sitting next to this shy foxy 50 something at a bar named Mark and was planning to stalk him at some point.  We didn't actually talk that night but he smiled at me shyly and I knew his name from the bartender.  Anyway, here's an update on my post-widow love life!  While I had actually gone back to bar a couple of times, I have not seen Mark (who is a regular).  Another 40 something who was actually good looking, also a regular, remembered me from that night.  He seems very interested in me but I'm 50 and not sure I'd want to date a 40 year-old, so I kind of mentioned being a widow and not ready for that yet (unless it was Mark, hee hee).  So, the update here is I didn't date either one but I do have my fourth date tomorrow with my crush from high school who is also recently single.  He joined facebook on my late husband's birthday.  Sent me a note right after joining which was almost like a godsend because I was feeling very sad for my husband losing his life at 52; he wuold've been 53 that day.  Anyway, we had been emailing each other, like crazy, and then some phone calls.  I wanted to wait until the anniversary of my husband's passing came and went, so we waited to see each other.  Then we met at a bar (not the same one Mark was at) and really hit it off.  He was very emotional seeing me which was so sweet.  It's very comfortable since we knew each other so long ago and yet exciting too.  He's so sweet and probably the best kisser I've ever had (with apologies to late husband).  It's a little scary in one way to like someone so much but it's reciprocated so for now I'm good.  Thanks for reading if you made it through all of this!

Be cautious with the newly single guy who reached out to you on FB. You may be in a position to slide right into a relationship with him if he's just looking to settle down as he's comfortable in a relationship. However some of the newly single fifty somethings think that they are going to hit the scene with the ladies.  My friends from high school and I all get private messged from the same guys when they join Facebook. I don't understand why these guys think that we all don't talk about their hijinks.  

Have fun in your date. Bring cab fare or your Uber app and use protection when you are off of the road too! Bonne chance! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Have fun in your date. Bring cab fare or your Uber app and use protection when you are off of the road too! Bonne chance!

Speaking of "protection" . . . I'd be sure to work into the conversation, "One of the things I've really started to enjoy since I got my concealed carry permit is going out and target shooting.  I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself."

Only half joking.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Be cautious with the newly single guy who reached out to you on FB. You may be in a position to slide right into a relationship with him if he's just looking to settle down as he's comfortable in a relationship. However some of the newly single fifty somethings think that they are going to hit the scene with the ladies.  My friends from high school and I all get private messged from the same guys when they join Facebook. I don't understand why these guys think that we all don't talk about their hijinks.  

I know exactly what you mean -- I have many other men friends that hit me up on FB now that they know I'm widowed.  I have wisely avoided all but him.   He's a really sweet, genuine guy.  We've already been out and we've built (or rebuilt) a great friendship over the past almost 3 months in addition to a romance.   But thank you lovely people for the concern and the well wishes! Love you all.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

I just received a call from Morocco and it was some recording in Arabic (or whatever language they speak) with music behind it. Maybe somehow posting about this show I got on Azan’s calling list! Very strange.

Hey friends, old lady in need of computer help! Is there a thread for 90 day What Now? There are so many sub threads, I can't keep them straight. If you could provide the correct link I would be ever so thankful!!! I NEED to discuss this mess.

3 hours ago, butterbody said:

Hey friends, old lady in need of computer help! Is there a thread for 90 day What Now? There are so many sub threads, I can't keep them straight. If you could provide the correct link I would be ever so thankful!!! I NEED to discuss this mess.

Is anyone else completely confused on why FaceTime is not a MUST before pouring thousands of dollars into a trip across the world for a possible catfish. Come on now.. it’s 2018. Everybody can video chat! 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, MallieD said:

Is anyone else completely confused on why FaceTime is not a MUST before pouring thousands of dollars into a trip across the world for a possible catfish. Come on now.. it’s 2018. Everybody can video chat! 

Great point.  As it now stands, these delusional chumps deserve no sympathy when the truth is revealed.  I really believe some of them know they're being played, but ego and lust prevent them from pulling aside the curtain and exposing the lie.  They're just as guilty as the catfisher since they, too, are playing a game.  It would probably be a lot cheaper, though, for these people to join that online platform (the creators refuse to refer to it as a "game") called, "Second Life," where pretending to be someone else is the whole point.

• Love 2

Hello,

I was curious if anyone can recommend a legit over seas dating web site?  I am interested in conversing w/:  Polish, Ukrainian, or Hungarian girls & I just don't want to waste my time w/ bots or someone looking to rip me off.

Sincerely,

Francis J. Fox

There has been a lot of discussion about differences in culture - like 8-year-old Jamaican boys losing their virginity.

We have been fortunate enough to have taken quite a few cruises, some of which were to the Caribbean (going again over Christmas!).  It has been our experience that - more often than not - we tourists are "hit up" for all kinds of opportunities to be taken advantage of.  I can't tell you how many times a local tour guide has hit up the people on the bus with stories like "this is the beginning of the tourist season, and I'm way behind on my rent because there was no work during the off season," or "I just lost my wallet yesterday, and I have no money for food for my family."  Bear in mind, we ALWAYS tip the tour guide and the driver, but these attempts to get bigger tips have no effect on us.  And after hearing so many sob stories, we've gotten to where we tend not to believe most of what they say.

I think the people who end up on 90DF and similar shows are those who choose to believe how desperate locals are, and how willing the locals will be to come to the USA and be so grateful to the sponsors that they will do anything for them out of gratitude.

And then REAL reality life sets in . . . 

• Love 2

We were talking  about where we got our screen names, in the episode thread, and I realized it belongs in small talk.

Mine is because my childhood nickname was Cricket, and the Chi is for Chicago, because I'm from the Chicagoland area.(boring) ?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm from AZ, and am a Christian.  I chose the screen name as a reminder (to myself) with every post that I need to behave kindly.  Sadly, I have failed on occasion.  My snarkiness overrides my intent.

It would be worse to tell a lie, everything you have posted has been the truth, lol.

• Love 6

Truthfully, my screen name is actually my mother's name (Betty).  The Baltimore part is true.  It started when my mother was driving thru a toll and we had one of our fun, crazy cousins was in the passenger seat and as we stopped to pay the toll our cousin leaned over and asked the toll taker if they knew that Big Bad Betty from Baltimore was here! That name almost went on her grave stone...in Hebrew.  

I miss her everyday.

• Love 12

My screen name is sort of obvious.  I couldn’t think of a really good screen name when I first signed up for Television Without Pity.   But then I figured that since I was truly without pity (for reality tv stars) I’d say it loud and proud. So PITYFREE was “born.”

Then I’m terrible about thinking of new screen names, so I just used it again for this site.

• Love 12

Princess Toast.

I missed that ad and when I came back into the room I seriously asked Mrs. Floatingbison "what is princess toast."  I thought it was a real thing.

I want to change my screen name to SgtBakersExplodedWaterHeater

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 9

I have NO IDEA how I came up with my screen name--a whim.   I have never been a nun and also didn't have an interest.   Two high school friends became nuns (different orders) and stayed in 20+years...and then left.  Some great-aunts went in and stayed in until death...in their 90s.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

How can I make this my profile picture? 

F94AF654-F70D-4C79-BB0B-163D99FD04B2.jpeg

Go the top right side of this site.

Click on the 3 little lines.

Hit account, then hit profile

Where you see your current profile pic, there should be a little square..within that square. Click on that and you can up upload the picture you want.

• Love 2

Here’s a new twist on 90 Day Fiancé—an English woman is engaged to an Australian ghost!! The two interviewers are the best—somehow they manage to just ask her questions like she’s totally normal.

http://huffp.st/3wNRbi6

8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I have NO IDEA how I came up with my screen name--a whim.   I have never been a nun and also didn't have an interest.   Two high school friends became nuns (different orders) and stayed in 20+years...and then left.  Some great-aunts went in and stayed in until death...in their 90s.

All this time I thought you were pretty racy and with it for a former nun! Lol!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, PityFree said:

My screen name is sort of obvious.  I couldn’t think of a really good screen name when I first signed up for Television Without Pity.   But then I figured that since I was truly without pity (for reality tv stars) I’d say it loud and proud. So PITYFREE was “born.”

I was a fellow TWOPer.  I really miss that site, even though that bitch, Miss Alli kept putting me on probation for weeks on end.  Those were some good times.

• Love 7

I panic-created a name.  There's a song that was going thru my head and a line is "I'm gonna be a little selfish" and with the autotune and other effects, it sometimes sounds like "i'm a little shellfish" and then I went a step too far and made it "shelf-ish" and well it was fun in the moment.  

I was also a TWOPer until someone told me about this site.  I admit I was totally intimidated by everyone here, and told my friend "omg I'm not smart enough to post with these people, no way I'll ever post there! I'm way overmatched there!" 

And then this show came along and I NEEDED FRIENDS.  I'VE FOUND MY PEOPLE.  (and none of you seem to care how smart I am hahahahaha)

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I was a fellow TWOPer.  I really miss that site, even though that bitch, Miss Alli kept putting me on probation for weeks on end.  Those were some good times.

Every time she put me on probation I just changed my name and email address

• Love 5

I was on TWOP for less than a week before I got reprimanded for naively feeding a troll and violating the "boards on boards" rule. I was so mortified, I even lost sleep about it! Miss Alli was the Moderator Without Pity. Drogo is much more reasonable about keeping things on track and not allowing anyone to be bullied while still giving us enough leeway to have fun without the scolding. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I was on TWOP for less than a week before I got reprimanded for naively feeding a troll and violating the "boards on boards" rule. I was so mortified, I even lost sleep about it! Miss Alli was the Moderator Without Pity. Drogo is much more reasonable about keeping things on track and not allowing anyone to be bullied while still giving us enough leeway to have fun without the scolding. 

I too violated "boards on boards" and once accidentally posted during a show.  Oops.

• Love 2

I said that Sarah Palin's place had a nice view and got dinged about being off topic on an episode of her reality show. I stand by it, it was pretty scenery shown on that episode.

• Love 2

Former TWOP member also.  Screen name is not very original - I live in Seattle - the rainy NW.  Glad to have found many of the old group at this sight.  Missed the snark and no show is more deserving of snark than this one.

• Love 5

Former TWOP member.  Enjoyed laughing until it hurt there, just as I do on the 'Roni thread and at some really great posts here. 
Kareem is a beautiful man, inside and out, who makes me smile.  Boring story, extraordinary human being. 

• Love 4

Former TWOP member also. I was 'aliyameadow.' It was a very, very poor attempt at some kind of Lord of the Rings elven name. I'm ashamed.  I shortened it to Aliya for this site.  Aliya is just Aliya; a name that I've heard around. I also had a student with the name, but spelled differently.

• Love 2

Also a former TWOP member. Got scolded for writing a one word response and some other picayune thing. Definitely appreciate the more relaxed atmosphere here!

My screen name is from a book I read as a teen called "My Brother's Keeper" about two hoarding brothers who lived together in Italy and who both fell in love with an opera star named Renata. I had never heard the name and loved it. I tacked "E" on the end after certain nefarious elements kept grabbing it and using it to send spam.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, renatae said:

Also a former TWOP member. Got scolded for writing a one word response and some other picayune thing. Definitely appreciate the more relaxed atmosphere here!

I've been here for quite a while . . . and have NEVER gotten a nasty e-mail from a mod about infractions for "boards on boards."  Don't miss TWoP AT ALL.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've been here for quite a while . . . and have NEVER gotten a nasty e-mail from a mod about infractions for "boards on boards."  Don't miss TWoP AT ALL.

I was Brooklynista at TWOP when Howard went down gunz a-blazing!  Figured I'd just keep the name because...I'm still in Brooklyn.

I have yet to have a cap on my number of likes.  I love it here!

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, raingirlnw said:

Former TWOP member also.  Screen name is not very original - I live in Seattle - the rainy NW.  Glad to have found many of the old group at this sight.  Missed the snark and no show is more deserving of snark than this one.

I love Seattle, I spent a year in Federal Way...I could have used Fedgirl but then maybe everyone would have thought I was an ex con fresh out of a federal prison, lol.

• Love 5
On 11/5/2018 at 4:49 AM, renatae said:

My screen name is from a book I read as a teen called "My Brother's Keeper" about two hoarding brothers who lived together in Italy and who both fell in love with an opera star named Renata. I had never heard the name and loved it. I tacked "E" on the end after certain nefarious elements kept grabbing it and using it to send spam.

Did you happen to go to high school with Brett Kav....never mind.

I was a TWoP addict going all the way back to '99, when it was still MBTV. Never got any mod warnings...though I did fall in love with Pamie on the Making The Band board and Jacob during the first couple seasons of his hilarious-yet-somehow-moving American Idol coverage. No BS: I used to copy/paste their recaps into Word and print them out on a laser printer to read at lunch or on the Stairmaster. Not sure if that makes me more ancient or pathetic.

Anyway, I was devastated when TWoP was shut down, slightly relieved when I discovered much of it saved on the Wayback Machine, and thrilled to find y'all here on PTV.

Oh yeah: same handle that I had for a decade+ over there...I guess because I've been called a dawg and I make tracks for a living, 

Edited by Trackdawg
I'm more OCD than Pole and Leida combined.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Trackdawg said:

Did you happen to go to high school with Brett Kav....never mind.

I have to confess ignorance to the reference?

Forgot to say my one word response was something like "Yes!" or "Right!" I also learned from the rules that starting a sentence with "Um" was considered contentious. OK. Took me forever to figure out there were myriad ways to go "boards on boards" and what that meant in the first place.

• Love 2

I've been using the same name as my email handle since the beginning of email. But I'm new to tv forums. As in, only been here at PTV for a couple of years.

I've never ventured beyond a Bravo show until now. I'd added certain podcasts (Watch What Crappens and Juicy Scoop, plus others covering Bravo stuff) and through those, I came to hear that Season 6 of 90 Day Fiance is supposed to be utterly compelling. I'm in Australia, we don't even have it here yet that I can see, so best believe, i'm not getting the best definition! But I'm hooked.

A long time ago, I did a double major in English, then teaching and  I also write. I'm giving a lot of thought to the question: 'does reality tv improve or impoverish the public discourse?'. I live this question on a daily basis, because MR Queenjen can be a douche fails to appreciate the genre. As in, has never actually SEEN any, but refuses to engage, watch or listen to anything I have to say if it's on the subject of reality tv. This got me thinking about that question. I think we are all in the early years of a genre that's going to dominate entertainment, especially given the concurrent rise in the use of smart phones. The creativity that spins off these shows is astounding to me: books, articles, podcasts, recaps and these here boards where people usually write in complete sentences and where there is high appreciation for satire and snark.

I find it almost impossible to watch anything scripted now unless it's of a very high standard. Mr Queenjen (who IS on the spectrum, if only mildly**), can watch endless reruns of Frasier. Canned laughter has become a special kind of hell for me! I also believe that Bryan Moylan's (recapper at Vulture) Academy of the Reality Arts and Sciences will one day come to pass. And some of us might find ourselves uniquely qualified to monetise our obsession! 

**Currently, we are embroiled in a very Coltee/Larissa style standoff: it's the 4th day of over 100F. I've run our limited off grid (we are off grid in the bush, I literally almost stepped on a red bellied black snake a couple of days ago) and I've run the internet out. due to watching 'my shows'. I'm happy to pay the extra TEN BUCKS A MONTH for more internet, now I know what my usage is going to be like. He will not countenance this. It is a waste of money! I've only reduced everything to low res (to save bandwidth) in the last couple of days! It is a waste of money!! It's only 4 more days until the next month's kicks in! I'm sucking it up for now, but if it runs out next month, I'm buying more. If I survive that far. The pain!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

I miss so much about Australia, but not the crappy internet or funnel web spiders

I was born in Brisbane, lived in Melbourne and Canberra for a while. I now live in nthn NSW. 1 night, I went out to the long drop toilet, came in and washed my hands in the sink and there appeared to be what I described the next day to Mr Queenjen as 'a huntsman that looked like it was wearing stormtrooper armour' in the kitchen sink. I was half awake and washed it down with hot water. That was my introduction to the SWARM of funnel webs that live in my kitchen windows!!! Yes, they are very good at dispatching big bitey flies in summer, but enough is enough, as I also said about the redbellied black which was sent to heaven a week ago, after I almost stepped on it on the laundry floor. (It was over a metre long and these snakes are listed in the world's top 20 venomous snakes). The funnel webs have since 'died in a fire'. I can deal with snakes, I've been licensed to keep them, but I've never had the desire to mess about with venomous animals. My friends that used to keep them had all been bitten and done time in hospital after antivenene treatment, which is almost as bad as being bitten. I don't like killing things, but Mr Queenjen has had to adapt to a new rule about anything coming over our threshold with fangs or poison. I don't think that's unreasonable. (nor is an EXTRA 10 BUCKS A MONTH FOR INTERNET THOUGH!!!)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, queenjen said:

I was born in Brisbane, lived in Melbourne and Canberra for a while. I now live in nthn NSW. 1 night, I went out to the long drop toilet, came in and washed my hands in the sink and there appeared to be what I described the next day to Mr Queenjen as 'a huntsman that looked like it was wearing stormtrooper armour' in the kitchen sink. I was half awake and washed it down with hot water. That was my introduction to the SWARM of funnel webs that live in my kitchen windows!!! Yes, they are very good at dispatching big bitey flies in summer, but enough is enough, as I also said about the redbellied black which was sent to heaven a week ago, after I almost stepped on it on the laundry floor. (It was over a metre long and these snakes are listed in the world's top 20 venomous snakes). The funnel webs have since 'died in a fire'. I can deal with snakes, I've been licensed to keep them, but I've never had the desire to mess about with venomous animals. My friends that used to keep them had all been bitten and done time in hospital after antivenene treatment, which is almost as bad as being bitten. I don't like killing things, but Mr Queenjen has had to adapt to a new rule about anything coming over our threshold with fangs or poison. I don't think that's unreasonable. (nor is an EXTRA 10 BUCKS A MONTH FOR INTERNET THOUGH!!!)

Bill Bryson (travel writer) wrote about Australia, basically he said that there were 100 things on land that could kill you and same about what was in the ocean, it was more literary than that and I am paraphrasing but still...scared me from wanting walk barefoot anywhere on your continent, lol.  

• Love 6