Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 90 Words Per Minute

• Start Topic

That reminds me of a funny Boca story ... my in-laws live there, and my MIL was a real estate agent in Boca.  She sold houses in a very fancy development while they were in the building stage, and when some people who bought there went to close or move in or whatever, they discovered to their HORROR they actually had a Delray Beach address!!! omg the shame of it all .... their houses were located just a smidgen over the line and they actually SUED the development for misrepresentation.  Having a Boca address is truly that important to some people.  They will settle for less house if they have to, just so they can "live in Boca."

I never truly believe when a show says someone lives in a certain city anymore. Last season on Newlyweds: The First Year (on Bravo) they said a couple lived in one large city and locals watching realized they lived elsewhere. *shrugs* I think they just go with the more "known" names.

Edited by KarmaG

Its a private FB account.  I created an alternate FB account to join so I could comment.  But it is fairly entertaining, and easy to join the group.  Mark's daughter and Fernando are a part of the group as well.

If you just type in "Easily Entertained by 90 Day Fiance" in the search box of FB the page should come up and you can click a box to join.  I think they will pretty much add anyone.

Thanks for the info. FB already killed my alternate account after over 3yrs of use, demanding I prove my real name is the name on the account. Although I couldn't provide the info (credit card with that name on it or state/Fed ID or even Sam's/Costco membership) I wouldn't even for my real account. No way am I giving fb that info.

• Love 2

Thanks for the info. FB already killed my alternate account after over 3yrs of use, demanding I prove my real name is the name on the account. Although I couldn't provide the info (credit card with that name on it or state/Fed ID or even Sam's/Costco membership) I wouldn't even for my real account. No way am I giving fb that info.

Wait, what?  The only thing I needed for my alternate FB account was an email address (which I made up on yahoo using a fake name), I also made up a name for the alternate FB account (I don't care what people say, no way do I need a future employer knowing I watch 90 day fiance).

FB be trippin'!

• Love 2

Yeah, FB made me provide a "real" name because my FB name obviously wasn't a real human being or my account would be cancelled. So I made one up, and didn't have to provide any proof that this person existed. 

Wait, what?  The only thing I needed for my alternate FB account was an email address (which I made up on yahoo using a fake name), I also made up a name for the alternate FB account (I don't care what people say, no way do I need a future employer knowing I watch 90 day fiance).

FB be trippin'!

Exactly. What I watch, what I comment on doesn't need to have my real name attached. I'm not being a troll or malicious, I just want my privacy.

Yeah, FB made me provide a "real" name because my FB name obviously wasn't a real human being or my account would be cancelled. So I made one up, and didn't have to provide any proof that this person existed. 

I had/used the account with the name Karma Grant for a few years and suddenly they demanded real proof that that was in fact my name. It was crazy. They said I could provide a CC #, a copy of a legit ID, even a Costco/Sam's membership that had the name Karma Grant on it. Sorry but FB isn't getting any kind of documentation from me, ever. Just to be on a social media platform? Nope.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 3

DNA is funny that way. I thought the same thing, then my husband reminded me of of friends son who is a carbon copy of his Grandfather. Not his parents or siblings. When he was tiny, people thought his Mom was the family's maid.

My older son is the spitting image of my late Grandmother.  When he was a baby nobody could figure out who he looked like because he looks nothing like either me or my husband.  Our younger son is a cross between the two of us.  Genetics are funny.

• Love 1

My older son is the spitting image of my late Grandmother.  When he was a baby nobody could figure out who he looked like because he looks nothing like either me or my husband.  Our younger son is a cross between the two of us.  Genetics are funny.

My oldest son is almost spitting image of his dad though other people can tell he's mine too. My youngest looked like my mom at birth but now (she's 20) looks very much like a cross between her dad and I. My middle looks like neither of us but more like me, the joke was always that he was the milkman's kid :P (even though milkmen were long before my time). He just so happens to look like most of the men on my father's side of the family. Genetics are a funny thing.

My mom has 2 bio brothers and 2 half brothers. One of her bio brothers is almost a spitting image of their dad, and also his daughter very much looks like her paternal Grandfather's side of the family, while my mom looked like a cross between her parents and I look a lot like my maternal Grandmother and my bio dad. My cousin and I look nothing alike though another cousin's (one of my mom's half brother's daughter) looks just like me as a kid. Again, genetics are a funny thing. People from the same lineage can look nothing alike.

ETA: My mom's half brothers looked almost nothing alike as adults but did as young boys. As they aged, one looked like his father (my mom's stepdad) and the other very much looked like his mom (my mom's mom). Again, genetics are funny.

Edited by KarmaG

I use my real name and account, however, I understand why some people don't.  Especially since recently finding out that Dani and some of her crew have harassed a few people beyond the standard petty bickering.  We're talking contacting employers, family members, and for one unfortunate lady, the dean of her law school (and that was apparently only over a few critical comments, and nothing in the nature of bullying).

• Love 4

I use my real name and account, however, I understand why some people don't.  Especially since recently finding out that Dani and some of her crew have harassed a few people beyond the standard petty bickering.  We're talking contacting employers, family members, and for one unfortunate lady, the dean of her law school (and that was apparently only over a few critical comments, and nothing in the nature of bullying).

Wow, thats just awful.  No one should look to punish someone for their opinion, no matter how much they disagree with it.  And there is very little on the internet that rises to the level of bullying to me, because Dani can always simply turn off her computer and go and live her life.  Contacting the dean of a persons law school and employers because she disagrees with a point of view is just ridiculous.

• Love 2

Contacting the dean of a persons law school and employers because she disagrees with a point of view is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous, yet this has happened repeatedly to many people.  In all fairness... this is all the work of a single sociopath.

It's the same person reporting 'fake accounts' because you need a person's real account to harass them.

• Love 2

Ridiculous, yet this has happened repeatedly to many people.  In all fairness... this is all the work of a single sociopath.

There is just something wrong with her and I do think she is mentally unbalanced.  She is so desperate for approval that she will literally try to force people into it.  Its just bizarre.  I get that her real life is probably miserable, but trying to make people on the internet like her isn't going to make her life any better.

She needs another hobby, who even has the time for all of that?

• Love 2

I don't know if it's done to get approval as much as a combination of "celebrity" stalking and desperately trying to control what people say on the internet.

I assumed Facebook was following Google + was protecting its real business, selling real identities to advertisers. And even if they can see you as in numbers of people, log in from another identity they don't get true demographic picture for their real customers

• Love 1

I assumed Facebook was following Google + was protecting its real business, selling real identities to advertisers. And even if they can see you as in numbers of people, log in from another identity they don't get true demographic picture for their real customers

That's why FB is enforcing it, but first, someone has to report the 'fake account'

• Love 1

The odds in Vegas are in Melanie's and Devar's favor that they will be the only couple that has a successful long term marriage. Melanie's son Hunter will come by their house to spoon feed his mother and and step father and change their Depends diapers. I agree with the Vegas odds, Melanie and Devar wil be married an loooooong time.

Is there really a betting line? Is it suppose to pay off seven years from now. I can see thinking which will be the first to part. As it is the first season's couples are either done or getting their adjustment of status to have conditions removed for permanent residence and should the alien spouse really be in it for a green card they can bonce safe from US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

At this point I call BS on most of the TLC drama from the traditional person being forced or lured into modeling already being repeated three seasons in, the racist family members, the unknown desire to aid the extended family back home and the big one "I have 90 days to decide if we really are going to do this"

• Love 2

Ever been on a cruise?

So many Filipino workers - wait staff, housekeeping...many bands, singers too

She could have tried for cruise work - but her lack of personality would be a problem

They also have lots of telemarketers and internet skill workers...granted less money than here

Did Niki even try to improve her situation?

Niki did not seem to be working much back home...Karaoke? bar waitress or?

I do think Niki planned to get a green card..she just was not ambitious enough. She could have held out for a richer, less kooky guyIMHO... or even a semi attractive 40 year old with a good job who might be a real match

IMHO Nikki has little besides youth going for her. She has zero personality and ambition.

Mark and she deserve each other

• Love 2

Ever been on a cruise?

So many Filipino workers - wait staff, housekeeping...many bands, singers too

She could have tried for cruise work - but her lack of personality would be a problem

They also have lots of telemarketers and internet skill workers...granted less money than here

Did Niki even try to improve her situation?

Niki did not seem to be working much back home...Karaoke? bar waitress or?

I do think Niki planned to get a green card..she just was not ambitious enough. She could have held out for a richer, less kooky guyIMHO... or even a semi attractive 40 year old with a good job who might be a real match

IMHO Nikki has little besides youth going for her. She has zero personality and ambition.

Mark and she deserve each other

And Filipinos know about those jobs and there is a demand for them. The tele -service call center industry demands a college degree and is not going top take a 16 year old high school graduate (the age there the Philippines is only now going to a 12th grade system). Given international laws cruise lines are also not going to take minors for work there. Working in a bar and turning 18 left her in a precarious position given a lower law enforcement priority in vice crimes for adults versus children

• Love 3

Jason, from season 2, wanted to have a place to answer questions from viewers.

I have met Jason and Cassia, and am friends with them... lovely people, who were not portrayed on the show as they are in real life. Whatever questions he can answer here, he will. :)

• Love 1

Hi cooks. First time over here to previouslytv. All I can say is wow. These folks don't hold back. I see Mark is getting crucified. If anyone posts anything, I will be fair and objective. As I am with anyone in my daily life. 

• Love 1

OMG, I had no idea 90-day Fiance was back on TV! I'm in the UK and we were about 6 months behind the last season. I'm having to stream it online and as it's a cold, wet, windy day, I'm going to binge-watch to catch up.

• Love 2

OMG, I had no idea 90-day Fiance was back on TV! I'm in the UK and we were about 6 months behind the last season. I'm having to stream it online and as it's a cold, wet, windy day, I'm going to binge-watch to catch up.

I envy you getting to binge watch...

• Love 1

And Filipinos know about those jobs and there is a demand for them. The tele -service call center industry demands a college degree and is not going top take a 16 year old high school graduate (the age there the Philippines is only now going to a 12th grade system). Given international laws cruise lines are also not going to take minors for work there. Working in a bar and turning 18 left her in a precarious position given a lower law enforcement priority in vice crimes for adults versus children

Well I can't believe that this was her only option.....there must be other jobs and also nice young guys with some sort of job....I think Nikki is really lazy and just latched onto Mark thinking - owns a business, owns a house. I don't think she even wants a green card to work...she may want it to be able to stay in the us and find a better specimen. 

Nikki could have held out and found a nerdy guy in his 30's to latch onto - or even 40's...she settled for Mark. I do wish we could see more of her family and home and her "job" at the bar? 

• Love 1

Good question. I don't see it fit to back down to a bunch of ignorant angry, lonely, jealous people who have chosen to obsess over my wife and myself. I will respond appropriately and not back down. I have since had 3 twitter accounts and 2 facebook accounts of theirs shut down. I choose not to sit on my hands and allow anyone make slanderous, vile, disgusting comments. Our social media: we currently have over 10K visitors a month to our personal shit. We are developing an affiliate program with other businesses. We occasionally sell tweets and pictures through Twitter and Instagram. We have enough media over the last 18 months and are the most open about our relationship. People can find out the truth about 90 day fiance, our relationship or gather insight on the others through those interviews or our social media. Cassia and I won't stop till all of them shut up. There are more of us than of them. 

• Love 3

Cassia and I have always had a 1, 3 and 5 year plan. Conveniently omitted from the TLC show. Before Season 1 aired and before i even knew there was such a show, I was in the Curitiba, Brazil airport with Cassia January 1st, 2014. I was flying back to the US after spending my birthday, Christmas and New Years with her. She said what are we going to do this year? I said we will marry after you graduate, about August 2015.So technically, I proposed then. Unlike what we saw on TV with the "proposed on Facebook" line.  I will try to make it back this summer I replied. But in April 2014 everything changed. Sharp Entertainment and I spoke. So to you answer your question: We plan to work our plan. Our set of twins are in our 5 year plan. Debt repayment and house down payment was planned for year 1. By Year 3 We have the business in full swing. ALot of work to do. 

One thing I would like to know...how did the couples get on the show?

did they apply? scouted? friend suggested?

I don't know if any couple stated how they were found. I know on Visa Journey, along with both  the few remaining independent  international marriage websites/message boards  and those linked to international introduction agencies as well as expatiate boards have had a TLC recruiters register as a member and start  a recruitment thread.

They had a recruiter bot posting here before the end of last season.

I don't think it was a bot as she responded to criticism put up by board regulars. I guess some lurkers responded. I do remember lasting year a Filipina trying to contact TLC but she missed this season's window. I told her it had to be something they haven't gotten yet like a same gender couple to get them to make the effort. Edited by Raja

I don't think it was a bot as she responded to criticism put up by board regulars. I guess some lurkers responded. I do remember lasting year a Filipina trying to contact TLC but she missed this season's window. I told her it had to be something they haven't gotten yet like a same gender couple to get them to make the effort.

I called it a bot because it kept coming back and posting, at times posting multiple times in one day :)

Thank you!  Funny that Asian women/White men seem almost to the point of being normalized and not even being interracial. 

The unspoken social historical context is Black in America is more than being just another race other than white. From chattel slavery and the US constitution referencing their status to apportion representatives to the states to being the only people under segregation in the US military, except for a special case of Japanese descend and no other Asians in 1942

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

Aleksandra's 21 (probably 22 at the time of the reunion), married to someone she loves, and pregnant with her first child; I don't see any tragedy there.  It's a wonderful thing to be a young parent.

I agree!  I had a baby at 36 and I can tell you that I don't have nearly enough energy for what a male toddler demands (little sleep plus non-stop on the go mischievous behavior).  I have to say that I did have that much energy in my early twenties!

• Love 3

I had 2 and was pregnant and he had 2 kids so yeah our plan was no more kids. After 6 years knowing one another and being married a bit over a year we have decided we will start trying for another in 2016. We both had a change of heart but it took time and I hope mark has a change of heart for nikkis sake

so you already had kids, huge difference!  And best wishes for your next pregnancy.   :-) 

• Love 3

I agree! I had a baby at 36 and I can tell you that I don't have nearly enough energy for what a male toddler demands (little sleep plus non-stop on the go mischievous behavior). I have to say that I did have that much energy in my early twenties!

I'm pregnant now for the first time at 36 and lord I wish I did this ten years ago!

• Love 3

I agree! I had a baby at 36 and I can tell you that I don't have nearly enough energy for what a male toddler demands (little sleep plus non-stop on the go mischievous behavior). I have to say that I did have that much energy in my early twenties!

I don't have anything against having babies in your early twenties as long the couple can love and support the child which I believe these two can. I still think it would have benefited them to wait a couple years just so they could spend some time alone really getting to know each other. I'm sure they'll be fine though.

On a personal note I had my first at 17 and my second at 37 and I think your mid twenties would be the perfect age to start a family (obvisouly I didn't get that memo.) Anyway, most days I don't have a problem keeping up with my toddler but I still wish I would have had her ten years earlier.

• Love 3

<<As far as Melanie being 33, I didn't say SHE is middle-aged.  Re-read my comment.>>

...And I don't buy her claim that she didn't go to Jamaica looking for a husband.  Jamaica is the middle-aged woman's "mail order husband" favorite.  Finally, she looked pretty good on the Tell All episode.  She looked a little chunky at the wedding, but maybe she dropped a few pounds.  I still wouldn't want her with a tattoo, but she cleaned up well. ..

this implies that the is among the middle aged ---but whatever!!

It is implicit with the prejudices we bring to all the couples on the show. When a Melanie or Dani goes outside of the US. rather than settle for the boy next door. Conversely Brett or Louis would face the same sort of prejudice as many expect it is the Mark's of the world to go to places like the Philippines rather than try the girl next door.

Can someone please explain to me why you would go to Jamaica to look for a husband.  I really don't get it.

ll i can think of is a lot of these folks on this show cannot meet anyone in the US and feel if they go somewhere where Americans are a big deal, it will be easier to find someone. It is possible that she went on vacation and simply met someone and fell in love...but the show seems to focus on people who purposely seek out mates from another poorer country.....

About the focus on those seekers don't think so. The guys going to Philippines and half of the guys going to Colombia fit that model along with Dani going to Tunisa. the others seem to be random and not pre-planned in the mail order bride type hook ups during a vacation or work. along with those meeting on religious missions and school.

• Love 1

Quite a bit was filmed especially in our segment: Cassia and I going to mini golf, to the Brazilian market for food, several dinners out, a time at a church thrift shop, most of Vegas like go karting, golf with my friends, indoor skydiving, speeches of my family at the wedding, the entire reception, our entire Rio trip when I picked her up. Luckily, i filmed most of this stuff. After about a week, I realized i was being lied to and needed to do for my own diary/journal. 

The wedding: doesn't matter. If we appear in an episode our small pittance of money we get. Because each couple has known the fiances for months and many years and have spent thousands, you see we have all married. All 16. Only one (1) couple I know was offered money to not marry and was asked if he wanted to fly back to his native country. Hmmm, any guesses on that? As for my dad, he is good. Sometimes on twitter. He helps with the peanut biz. He has a lady friend he met at the auctions. She takes him once in a while. Things getting heated between the three of us. Cass and I and he are tempermental. But all trying to work on it. :-)

• Love 4

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

On 1/7/2015 at 2:01 PM, brandyelf said:

Remember when the learning channel was about learning and not about gawking?

No? Me either.

And now, I see they are going to be airing a drama, as in, a real, honest-to-goodness scripted show, vs this "reality" scripted crapfestshow that's been passing for "learning and reality" for so long now.

3 hours ago, lallalla said:

And now, I see they are going to be airing a drama, as in, a real, honest-to-goodness scripted show, vs this "reality" scripted crapfestshow that's been passing for "learning and reality" for so long now.

Many years ago, people used to go to asylums on Sunday afternoons, sit outside the fence, and watch the crazy people running around the yard. It was entertainment for those who were not incarcerated. You could bring sandwiches and make a picnic out of it.

Nowadays, instead of that, we have TLC. (Although I wouldn't put 90-Day Fiance in their asylum lineup, they've got lots of other stuff that would qualify.)

Kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over, doesn't it? ;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

All the talk lately has been about the hurricanes aiming for Florida, Hurricane Matthew and Hurricane Nicole behind him. I don't mean to make light of a potentially dangerous natural disaster, but Hurricane Nicole? Really? Why is it the first thing I thought of when hearing that name was that hot mess Nicole from Florida on this show? Too funny. She's a hurricane all right, poor Azan doesn't know what hit him. Hopefully she'll just pack a little punch and move far away from him. Talk about art imitating life.

• Love 6