Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Maybe Victoria enrolled in Anatomy and Physiology this summer.

I don't think Anatomy and Physiology jokes will ever not be funny.

Also, I think Dr. Manhattan is Victoria's boyfriend. I have zero evidence or reason, but that's what I think. She obviously knows about popular DCC forums and I can see her wanting to get it out there herself, shaping her own narrative, even if anonymous.

• Love 9

I said earlier the only retirement announcements that would surprise me would be Kelli herself, or VK. So, color me surprised!

I have no inside knowledge of any sort, just wisdom from surviving 57 years on earth, but here are my opinions...

I highly doubt that VK is pregnant. She may not be a Rhodes scholar, but she isn't a complete bubblehead either and I wouldn't think pregnancy would be in her current plans.

I was a bit shocked by how "mean" Kelli was toward Dayton, someone else she was supposed to have cared about. Then, we had Kelli's less than kind cutting of Hannah and Brennan this past season. It is entirely possible that she was also cold hearted in dealing with VK, although VK seemed untouchable by "Aunt Kelli".

Weight gain was always going to be hard for VK, but while soft in the last performance we saw, she was probably capable of getting that small gain off and keeping it off if that was what VK wanted to do

The "not the villain in this" mentioned by Dr. Manhattan seems to imply that VK came across in a bad light at some point during this past season, but the reality of it was that whatever she may have done or said could have been set up by someone else to look worse than it was.

If the storyline will be that she is taking a year off, the show and/or TPTB can spin it any way they wish. While I am not a huge fan of VK, I hope that she uses this upcoming year to maybe give college a try, have fun with her boyfriend, and move on with her life (and leave the DCC behind).

• Love 16
(edited)

I doubt it's weight related because Kellie would rather cut her during TC for ratings. 

quoting LEMONBUS

6 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

she chose to step away versus address and apologize where needed.

so she has done something worth an apology. 

Being soft doesn't require an apology. Something much bigger (juicer) does.

Edited by Kamal
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I doubt it's weight related because Kellie would rather cut her during TC for ratings. 

quoting LEMONBUS

See, I kinda see this a different way, in that weight gain does require an apology.

Not that this is what occurred in this situation, but from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years, the girls’ contracts specifically state they will maintain their audition/rookie season weight (regardless of how non-realistic it may be). If Victoria is significantly over that weight and/or looks to be out of DCC shape, KelFine may have pulled her in to discuss it. (It appears that she was at a performance in April and then not at the next one so it could have been around this time). Victoria may have been given the opportunity to say, “I’m sorry I have breached my contract, I got carried away with being 21/in a new relationship/not being careful about my diet, I will change my eating and work out habits, and I’ll be in A++++++ shape for tryouts.”  Perhaps she did say all of that and didn’t actually follow through to only be called in again. And at that point, Kelli’s probably pissed - and rightfully so (for all our UK friends, I mean “mad” not “drunk”...I said that I was “pissed” to a coworker from the UK last week and he literally told another coworker that I was drunk. 🤦🏻‍♀️)  

Say what you will about KelFine (and I definitely do), but even a favorite can go to shit list real quick if she ignores Kelli’s instructions. Even Victoria. I imagine that Victoria possibly just didn’t take it as seriously as she needed to and that to me is cause for an apology. Kelli may have been a little more forgiving if Victoria was contrite.

I really hope Kelli didn’t cut her just for ratings though. Victoria gets a lot of flack on here but she seems to be a quite popular DCC.

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

See, I kinda see this a different way, in that weight gain does require an apology.

Not that this is what occurred in this situation, but from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years, the girls’ contracts specifically state they will maintain their audition/rookie season weight (regardless of how non-realistic it may be). If Victoria is significantly over that weight and/or looks to be out of DCC shape, KelFine may have pulled her in to discuss it. (It appears that she was at a performance in April and then not at the next one so it could have been around this time). Victoria may have been given the opportunity to say, “I’m sorry I have breached my contract, I got carried away with being 21/in a new relationship/not being careful about my diet, I will change my eating and work out habits, and I’ll be in A++++++ shape for tryouts.”  Perhaps she did say all of that and didn’t actually follow through to only be called in again. And at that point, Kelli’s probably pissed - and rightfully so (for all our UK friends, I mean “mad” not “drunk”...I said that I was “pissed” to a coworker from the UK last week and he literally told another coworker that I was drunk. 🤦🏻‍♀️)  

Say what you will about KelFine (and I definitely do), but even a favorite can go to shit list real quick if she ignores Kelli’s instructions. Even Victoria. I imagine that Victoria possibly just didn’t take it as seriously as she needed to and that to me is cause for an apology. Kelli may have been a little more forgiving if Victoria was contrite.

I really hope Kelli didn’t cut her just for ratings though. Victoria gets a lot of flack on here but she seems to be a quite popular DCC.

Victoria also knew the standards coming in her initial trip through Training Camp and seemed to ignore everything Kelli said that time, but still made it further then she should have.  I'm wondering if dealing with her for 3 years, 2 of those "protecting" her from her mistakes (because Victoria learns, just seems to expect that "This is who she is, just deal with it" and not to be held responsible for some of the things she says and does), just wore Kelli's patience out so, when Victoria's at it again, Kelli gives her one last warning (which Victoria "ignores" because she doesn't think it applies to HER) before cutting her which absolutely SHOCKS Victoria because she didn't think it would happen to her as a VETERAN.  Just my opinion of course.  

If Kelli really DID go off on her, it both does and doesn't surprise me.

• Love 14
(edited)

Has anyone considered that VK could potentially have some health related isssues and needs to step down for a little bit? We all knew this was her lifelong dream, and her stepping away this early on with intentions of coming back later makes me worry it is something bigger.

Edited by 123mobile
  • Love 4
(edited)

I do not hate VK in that sense per se. I hate her in terms of the entitled treatment she had her first audition eg the weight gain and had more "chances" than most. 

Cassie Trammell, her fifth year for example, knee injury, yes she was a legacy and was given the chance but she was a fifth year and if she was injured her first year theres a part of me that wonders would she have been given that extra chance. Same as Meredith Oden when she gained weight (was it her fifth year with the weight gain? And was given the second chance etc). 

But if VK left because she felt she didn't want to be a "storyline" in the show, I feel bad for her because of her weight, her body is great and one that we all envy (same to all the DCC and TCC's body pretty sure we are all envious of that there) but not DCC body weight wise. But still she can't be that dumb to not know that the tv show will make someone a scape goat for the drama and rating.

I do hope she is ok tho and it wasn't anything bad for why she left.

Tho there is a massive part of me that dreams of Jenna J and Holly randomly trying back out and be like "BOO YA ... OH HELLO, guess whose back ......." lol

By the way does anyone know if there is a season 16? If they already announced/started TCC are there camera's there? Because didn't something like this happen last year? It wasn't "officially" announced there was a season 15 until late in the season but there was cameras to film for like auditions which suggest there maybe a chance of season 15.

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 4

Reading all the conjecture, opinions and jumped to conclusions that appear after any "big DCC news event" (VK's departure in this instance) which is after all what the entertainment value of these forums is all about, I am now wondering just how much more "how?" and "why?" interest and entertainment value would have been spurred had this surprise announcement actually been a pregnant Phil leaving us. Especially the "how?".....😂

• LOL 10
18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I just had a post talking about VK a few days ago (removed, I phrased a sentence poorly that broke forum rules). To summarize my thoughts - I felt like she earned her spot in season 14, that she was used to spin the show in season 13, and I thought her DCC career would have been more successful if she had gone to college and tried out when she was 22 or 23, opposed to 18.

She never irked me like she did others in S13 — she was effusive and lacked polish, and in that respect, she reminded me of myself. I am glad she came back stronger and had two successful years with DCC.  Her future is bright.

Who knows? Maybe like her mom she will try again someday.

Nicely said. 

• Love 4

To me, if she had health problems or pregnant, then why not announce she is taking a leave of absence like Kelli offered to Brennan?  Why call it a retirement? That is final...people through you a party & you don’t come back.  This all seems odd & maybe fishy to the last minute announcement, the is it a LOA or are you done?  The coldness of Dr. Manhattan.

Although I was never her fan, I am going to take a wait & see approach. I doubt it will be shown unless Haley swooped in with her camera to record it.

• Love 4

I hope she chose to do this on her own terms. If it was weight issues, I hope that its because she fell in love and is enjoying her life and realizing there are things outside of DCC for her. If she is like most, when you first start dating someone, you tend to go out more for dinner, drinks, etc. and maybe her weight is "love" induced. 😉 She has nothing to prove to anyone - live your life girl!

• Love 10
(edited)

Victoria was not included in the eight official retirement announcements but another "retirement" decision was leaked on the same day.

The key question was why would she not be lumped in with those other eight if she were truly retiring?

Now we know. They've decided to call this a "leave of absence."

What will be the official reason? Since VK will be coming back - I cannot see Kelli allowing anything to be aired that would put Victoria in some sort of negative light. However I do think they need to come up with something because Victoria is too well known to just disappear for a year.

There is a part of me that can see them blaming the "online hate" as a reason since that talk has been ramped up in recent weeks. And I don't support online hate and agree that its hard to be in the spotlight, but I doubt thats "the" actual reason. She was very popular and has tons of "you're amazing" comments in the public facing social media. I doubt after three years she suddenly decides with a few weeks left that she hates PT.

Perhaps the "apology owed" was that she didn't start to work toward 'uniform ready' soon enough and she thought she could get away with it.  (for the record, I am not the one criticizing weight!! just going by first year audition discussions).

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

It is my understanding, from a pretty reliable source, that she took a leave of absence and plans to return next season.  She will be making an announcement about this soon.

Leave of absence?  Her contracted season is up and she has to re-audition.  She’s not auditioning but hopes to return in 2022? A leave of absence sounds like there are laws and protections involved. 
Edited to add: does a “leave of absence” mean a person returns and goes directly to training camp? 

Edited by Duffer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Not that this is what occurred in this situation, but from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years, the girls’ contracts specifically state they will maintain their audition/rookie season weight (regardless of how non-realistic it may be).

at that point, Kelli’s probably pissed - and rightfully so (for all our UK friends, I mean “mad” not “drunk”...I said that I was “pissed” to a coworker from the UK last week and he literally told another coworker that I was drunk. 🤦🏻‍♀️)  

The pissed and explaining the UK bit proper made me LOL 😂😂

don’t worry I knew you meant mad not all of us Brits think it was drunk 😉

34 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Perhaps the "apology owed" was that she didn't start to work toward 'uniform ready' soon enough and she thought she could get away with it.  (for the record, I am not the one criticizing weight!! just going by first year audition discussions).

So something you both brought up and - just it make it clear I’m not aiming this at either of you just my opinion which I have stated in a private message with another user 

the part in the contract about maintaining rookie weight needs to be gone. For goodness sake they have late teens trying out still! Physically they can’t stop their bodies changing shape! They go on, on the programme how the shorts are all tailor made to each individual girls curves, the cowboys and DCC have plenty in the budget - as long as they look slim, Don’t have fat rolls and look healthy does their weight matter?! I’ve been trying to lose the weight I gained in the UK’s 3 lockdowns and the scales change everyday. Especially when it gets near that time of the month I bloat badly. My point being as long as they fit in a pair of the shorts that the DCC carry and offer in uniform fittings why should their weight matter? If VK fits in the 2nd size they offer (if I remember correctly they have 3 sizes they try the girls in?) then give her the size up! Curves are innnn, looking healthy is IN. Thought we’d got past people being so thin teens who aspire to be these role models stop eating?! 

Soon another girl is gonna pass out on the field for not eating to maintain weight. 

okay I’ll get off my soap box now and drop the mic. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

The pissed and explaining the UK bit proper made me LOL 😂😂

don’t worry I knew you meant mad not all of us Brits think it was drunk 😉

So something you both brought up and - just it make it clear I’m not aiming this at either of you just my opinion which I have stated in a private message with another user 

the part in the contract about maintaining rookie weight needs to be gone. For goodness sake they have late teens trying out still! Physically they can’t stop their bodies changing shape! They go on, on the programme how the shorts are all tailor made to each individual girls curves, the cowboys and DCC have plenty in the budget - as long as they look slim, Don’t have fat rolls and look healthy does their weight matter?! I’ve been trying to lose the weight I gained in the UK’s 3 lockdowns and the scales change everyday. Especially when it gets near that time of the month I bloat badly. My point being as long as they fit in a pair of the shorts that the DCC carry and offer in uniform fittings why should their weight matter? If VK fits in the 2nd size they offer (if I remember correctly they have 3 sizes they try the girls in?) then give her the size up! Curves are innnn, looking healthy is IN. Thought we’d got past people being so thin teens who aspire to be these role models stop eating?! 

Soon another girl is gonna pass out on the field for not eating to maintain weight. 

okay I’ll get off my soap box now and drop the mic. 

Totally agree - unrealistic expectations are dangerous!  I think it might be getting better TBH.  It seems Kelli has changed "weight" and started using "uniform ready" as her standard and we are seeing much less of this discussion on the show itself.  Body analysis is likely still conducted but they are savvy enough to read the room so to speak. Even so the uniform is "unforgiving" (another of Kelli's phrases). Victoria is gorgeous. She is by no means at all overweight but due to genetics she gains only in her middle area. And because she was under such immense public scrutiny the first time around, there is probably - and unfairly - much less wiggle room. (pun actually not intended). 

• Love 4

My cynical side is wondering if this is more contrived drama for tv ratings. I could totally see Kelli and Charlotte proposing Victoria " take the year off" so she can come back the next year with the greatest come back story in making the team history. "After a year off, Victoria came back as the best dcc ever to wear the hot pants. She earned solo point and group one leader and pro bowl"

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

She is taking the year off.

So how does this work?   Is Victoria taking a gap year off? Does she have to re-audition and be a rookie for a third time or does she get some kind of bye?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So how does this work?   Is Victoria taking a gap year off? Does she have to re-audition and be a rookie for a third time or does she get some kind of bye?

I'm guessing they will allow her to go into finals with all of the other vets, if this was talked about with Kelly and Judy. I do recall there was one audition season where a girl was on the team for one year, moved out of Texas, and came back to audition again a couple of years later. She had to go through the first-third round to be back in training camp again. If I remember correctly she got cut at semis. Anyone else remember this? She was blonde and very fit. I'm thinking season 5/6??

Edited by assylamaps
Fixed my grammar lol
  • Love 2

I think at the end of the day, they're all human.  Kelli isn't infallible by any stretch, and I do think it's a double edged sword.  She knows what Victoria and Dayton are capable of, more than any other TCC, and they don't always live up to her standard.  She gives extra grace because she knows they're capabilities, but it has to be ten times more exasperating when they fall short.  (Dayton's terrible interview the first year, being late to makeovers when she was a TCC, VK's weight gain her first year, the lying, etc.)

I hope it's just as simple as VK enjoying her life and not meeting the DCC standard, so taking some time away.  Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't.  It could be something as simple like it was with Caila being out and about at the bars (underage, not sure how old VK is now) and not being uniform ready.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Victoria’s immaturity caught up with her. In more ways than one. And she chose to step away versus address and apologize where needed.

Ah. So, it is another Jenna/Holly like situation. That's unfortunate for her.  But I know it's not always easy for people to apologize or admit that they are wrong, even to themselves. I wasn't a fan of Victoria because I thought she was  immature and came across as very entitled. I actually wanted to like her that first year because I thought she was bubbly in a very cute way but had hoped she would of given it a few years ( go to college) and come back. ( Dayton too) I really didn't think losing some belly weight was going to fix those other issues in 1 year.  So this might be a good thing for her. Victoria is only 21. She already said she wanted to get into broadcasting/ journalism and DCC is already going to help with that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

What will be the official reason? Since VK will be coming back - I cannot see Kelli allowing anything to be aired that would put Victoria in some sort of negative light. However I do think they need to come up with something because Victoria is too well known to just disappear for a year.

This has already probably been said - but please, please, please,  I hope they do not do excessive VK coverage in season 16 (or the future season if/when she returns).

1. I think she needs a break, the public scrutiny of Victoria has been A LOT, and it's done, and tired. MTT just needs to move on.

2. It's a lose/lose situation - people will say Kelli is giving Victoria some sort of special treatment either way - if she chooses not to cover it on the show, Kelli will be protecting her from the public eye because she sees her as a daughter - OR- if they do cover it on the show, Kelli will be highlighting Victoria once again and spinning her story. I do agree they need to somehow mention it (not like the tearful "we are losing a teammate" Courtney moment please), but it can be easily explained quickly as an injury or a personal break and leave it at that.

I really can't watch the show anymore if MMT drags this out and dramatizes it in their typical fashion. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I think, but I could be wrong, that she would come in as a third year vet, and audition at finals like all the rest of the vets.  

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think, but I could be wrong, that she would come in as a third year vet, and audition at finals like all the rest of the vets.  

Whitney Ott had to start at prelims in the two hour special 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They made an exception for Andrea Richards and Olivia Rene

And Amy Trader. She retired at 2 years.

Edited by Kees080
  • Love 3

I think it’s weight related and Kelli is sparing her from a repeat of her first tryout. We’ve got one insider saying she’s not the villain, then another saying her immaturity caught up to her. The only way those two statements align is for something like weight, which is a polarizing issue for the DCC so opinions can vary significantly. VK didn’t come by her DCC body naturally, so I’m sure it wasn’t fun maintaining that appearance. If they address it, they can call it a health issue, which would protect her privacy and allow them to not have to address it further. I don’t think we’ll ever find out anything definitive unless it comes from VK directly.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

She will have to go thru all rounds of auditions to make training camp. If she makes the team again she will be 3rd year vet instead of a rookie. 

19 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

From my understanding you have to be on the team for at least 3 years to be an All-Star. 

Yes, normally you do need to be at least 3 years on the team. Olivia Rene and others were offered all stars as there were not enough retiring upper vets those years. I asked Judy on twitter when the announcement was made,

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, viccib said:

She will have to go thru all rounds of auditions to make training camp. If she makes the team again she will be 3rd year vet instead of a rookie.

May I ask where you found this info?

11 hours ago, Kamal said:

quoting LEMONBUS

Yeah, I was thinking maybe health issues (Covid? Thyroid? etc) until our beloved LemonBus commented.  From LemonBus' comment my mind jumps to something like the Jinelle issue or the phone case.

• Love 1

There are all kinds of reasons someone might want to leave for a year, from weight, injury, personal issues such as taking care of an ill relative, or wanting to do a course for a certification, education, or almost anything.   Whatever the reason is in this case, I hope that everything works out for the best for Victoria.    

• Love 5
1 hour ago, viccib said:

57 minutes ago, go4luca said:

May I ask where you found this info?

In previous seasons, former DCCs that wanted to b on the team again had to start from the beginning. I’m thinking, since Kelli offered it to Brennan and Hannah last year, that VK will be able to take a leave and come back next season during finals. I cud b wrong but thats my take on it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Trixi said:

In previous seasons, former DCCs that wanted to b on the team again had to start from the beginning. I’m thinking, since Kelli offered it to Brennan and Hannah last year, that VK will be able to take a leave and come back next season during finals. I cud b wrong but thats my take on it.  

Thanks!

• Love 1

Between "VK's not the villain" and "she chose to step away rather than apologise" to me it sounds like there has been a real disagreement and it's not about weight. 

VK has proved that she can lose weight and keep it off, if she got out of shape in off season I think they'd have just warned her and said "you're putting your audition at risk". 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

Between "VK's not the villain" and "she chose to step away rather than apologise" to me it sounds like there has been a real disagreement and it's not about weight. 

VK has proved that she can lose weight and keep it off, if she got out of shape in off season I think they'd have just warned her and said "you're putting your audition at risk". 

I have to say, if it’s true that she’s taking a leave, It’s one of the most unbelievable turn of events ever😆. I would have sworn she was a 5-7 yr girl.  

Edited by Trixi
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

If she comes back strong next year, it’s possible she could end up with a big storyline on the show since she’d technically be auditioning again. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, pancakes said:

If she comes back strong next year, it’s possible she could end up with a big storyline on the show since she’d technically be auditioning again. 

Personally I wish she wouldn't put a timeline on if/when she is coming back.  One day at a time.  And also, she needs to find other things to focus on.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I have to say, if it’s true that she’s taking a leave, It’s one if the most unbelievable turn of events ever😆. I would have sworn she was a 5-7 yr girl.  

"Where were you when you heard that Victoria was no longer a cheerleader," is going to be a question now; that is the magnitude of Victoria's exit: a monument to Kelli's decision making skills to break all the rules for a girl and proclaim her to be the best cheerleader in the NFL while the girl fell more often out of turn than the actual best cheerleader in the NFL (which is clearly Amanda, but I digress). 

You should have kept it clean Kelli, you should not have created this.

The online hate was not about Victoria, it was about what surrounded her: the nepotism.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This guy is stark raving nuts.  It's Claudio again, posting cray stuff in the DCC reddit group. 

142946584_ScreenShot2021-05-29at5_22.03PMcopy.thumb.jpg.e4cc5aee0492e448e0b9e38741bc1442.jpg

That dude is completely bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Personally I wish she wouldn't put a timeline on if/when she is coming back.  One day at a time.  And also, she needs to find other things to focus on.

Agreed. She may have plans to come back *now*. But 362 days from now, she may be in a completely different place (mentally, emotionally, and physically). 

• Love 10

Was Victoria at the banquet?

Also it seems strange that DM said on the 27th, "soon very soon, they will reveal themselves" and then on the 28th DM did the revealing. LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, pancakes said:

Haha, shouldn't it be "technically be auditioning again"?

• LOL 1

Is this an All Star appearance for these four ladies? Is Savannah now an All Star too? I know the other three are.  Photo from the Hood County stampede insta page.

hoodcountystampede_1622330756.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Is this an All Star appearance for these four ladies? Is Savannah now an All Star too? I know the other three are.  Photo from the Hood County stampede insta page.

hoodcountystampede_1622330756.jpg

I would say so.  I wonder if any previous All Stars will come back.