Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Duffer said:

It’s presenting some fact in a way that makes the story seem better than it is. I agree she didn’t say full-ride scholarship.  But it’s like the reasonably priced house in good shape on a real estate site. They don’t say it has no driveway, is next to a concert venue, backs up to oil refinery and the schools are an hour away. It’s not the whole story. A $20k scholarship towards a summer intensive in NY would have been more accurate and just as quick. 

Why this is unbelievable to me is regardless of how many awards are given - you still have to have skill.

Technique is not VK’s forte, hell natural dance ability isn’t either (I admit that may be personal opinion).

I compare her to the many dancers I’ve  seen win and I just don’t believe it. 

I'm not going to speculate about whether she deserved it or not. I'm not educated enough on the topic to have an informed opinion. However, I believe this was the award. This was posted on the facebook page of one of the other girls. If my math is correct, Victoria would have been 16 at the time.

LeeGerritzenKlafehnKalina.thumb.jpg.97be6d3847831755993faab6873e7633.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm not going to speculate about whether she deserved it or not. I'm not educated enough on the topic to have an informed opinion. However, I believe this was the award. This was posted on the facebook page of one of the other girls. If my math is correct, Victoria would have been 16 at the time.

LeeGerritzenKlafehnKalina.thumb.jpg.97be6d3847831755993faab6873e7633.jpg

I have never heard of Tremaine. My daughter’s studio participates in YAGP, NYCDA, and maybe Showstopper every once in awhile. 

I asked my daughter if she’s every heard of them and she said yes. She’s not sure if they have conventions in CA but they had one in the Midwest where she went to undergrad. 

I don’t know how many people watched Dance Moms - but for the show at least, the competitions where they competed were made up. Most of the larger ones didn’t allow taping. My daughter mentioned that Tremaine is more of a “jazz” type convention which makes sense. 

I also google’d what a Tremaine year long scholarship was and from their website it looks like free entrance to their conventions for a year. 

Dance competitions are half competition/half convention. Teams/solos compete - but they also learn combinations from different choreographers. They usually have the winners help teach the combinations. 

It’s not cheap to attend or compete.  I don’t want to say what she won was worthless - but I don’t think the scholarship covers transportation/housing to these competitions when they are in different states (like a tour). 

Being a NYCDA national title holder - part of the responsibility is to teach, but they don’t pay for transportation. The winners are banking on the exposure. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I always just thought this $20k scholarship was legit but value prob inflated, like when people brag on getting a $100k scholarship to some little cow town private school that literally awards every applicant what sounds like a high value scholarship. Sounds like big $$ but not really does anyone ever actually pay that.

also at 12 VK May have been far more advanced than now. Potential is not actuality or reality 10 years down the line. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I have never heard of Tremaine. My daughter’s studio participates in YAGP, NYCDA, and maybe Showstopper every once in awhile. 

I asked my daughter if she’s every heard of them and she said yes. She’s not sure if they have conventions in CA but they had one in the Midwest where she went to undergrad. 

My daughter mentioned that Tremaine is more of a “jazz” type convention which makes sense. 

Joe Tremaine Dance Center was in N. Hollywood for nearly 30 years.  Joe's style was jazz but the studio offered various dance styles.  Doug Caldwell, known for his lyrical style, was a huge favorite in the dance world and also taught at Tremaine conventions until his untimely passing.  Tremaine Dance Center was packed back in the day.  I was on scholarship, used to assist one of the teachers at conventions and later also taught for Tremaine.  Eventually Joe closed the studio to solely focus on his dance conventions.  They do have conventions in California as well as other states.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’ve always felt like Amber was one to ask not to be featured much on the show. Doesn’t she have plans to be a lawyer? I could see her laying low but dancing because she enjoys it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Amber has announced this is most likely her final season

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Taylor j made the same comment few weeks ago 

They are just referring to senior year as in 4th year. Amber said in the comments she might still do a "victory lap."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Is there anyone who agrees with all three of my opinions?

1. I like both Marissa's dancing and her personality.
  2. I think Alora-Rose is a great dancer even in DCC style
  3. But I don't like Alora-Rose's personality. (I dunno but I don't like her instagram posts)

I felt like there are a lot of Marissa and Alora-Rose haters on this forum but I wanted to know if there is anyone who only dislikes Alora-Rose's personality.

image.png.acf0a7d7de9440d6e0788035a6a9a0b8.pngimage.png.35f5a39c530815c47677096eeedeaebe.png

Edited by Kamal
Edited to delete "please repost this" part
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Can someone repost this post if you agree with all three of my opinions?

Just like on FB, I never do the repost copy/paste thing.  But I can't stand Marissa (especially her fan's "marauders" moniker which I find beyond ridiculous).  Alora-Rose does nothing for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

I felt like there are a lot of Marissa and Alora-Rose haters on this forum but I wanted to know if there is anyone who only dislikes Alora-Rose's personality.

I actually don't have an issue with Marrisa at all. I know her look isn't  everyone's cup of tea, but the girl can dance. Every single prep class clip I see with her in it, she's kicking everyone's butt. My eye can't help but go to her in a group. Her show off style is perfect for the DCC. I feel like she earned her spot. 

Now Alora-Rose...I mean, if you are going to cut proven veterans to keep  rookies, then all the rookies you keep over them, BETTER be amazing.  I know she was a Rockette and I actually find her very pretty to look at, but she isn't amazing. Even in the most recent prep class vids we've seen of her, she's getting out danced by non DCC dancers.  There was so much unnecessary drama with the vets, because of Kelli in the bubble last year,  Alora-Rose got lucky. I know opinions on Hannah and Brennan are a bit split, but I would of at least kept Lilly over her.  If the show is renewed and she gets the "struggle bus" edit, I won't be surprised. Especially with all the crazy technical dance TCs coming coming in this year

Edited by MeeMee2
English is my 2nd language.
  • Love 9

Wondering why Kat's cameo wasn't featured in this video. All the other black girls (Ashlee, Chandi, Jada, Darian, Armani, Sydney's pictures were shown behind Briana)

I thought Kat was Kelly's favorite Black beauty. How can they forget her?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Wondering why Kat's cameo wasn't featured in this video. All the other black girls (Ashlee, Chandi, Jada, Darian, Armani, Sydney's pictures were shown behind Briana)

I thought Kat was Kelly's favorite Black beauty. How can they forget her?

Kat’s cameo is at the 1:22 mark

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Kat’s cameo is at the 1:22 mark

Oh wow I thought that was Ashlee since only a part of her face was shown. Thank you.

• Love 1
Just now, sleepyjean said:

I'm really surprised no one has brought up devonanddarian (IG). The company just launched last month. Brown and beige athleisurewear with tonal embroidered slogans. Did I miss the discussion?

devonanddarian_CPbvAD4JJzp_193141445_241278971131772_8100692056127037884_n.thumb.jpg.f8602fb95344c64bf778db32e20b26cc.jpg

I don’t think it was brought up there clothes look so comfy 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Trixi said:

On the Denver Broncos Cheer insta today its get to know Lily❤️

Haha on a brighter note! Her joining DBC is the one thing everyone can agree on happily! 

• Love 8