Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

HIPPA only applies to medical staff who would have access to your records.  It would not cover someone overhearing VK talk about it and repeating it here or being told by VK herself. Commenters would only need to tread carefully if they don’t want anyone to discover who they are IRL. 

I’m still dying to know. And frankly, I’m shocked b/c I thought she’d stay as long as possible. 

The commenters I was referring to were the current and former DCC commenting on Victoria’s Instagram and how they would have to tread carefully to not disclose private medical information. Nothing to do with HIPPA (I didn’t mention it?) but private information none the less with pretty big consequences if divulged or eluded too by people in the know.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Brennan volunteering to be Victoria’s boot buddy was brave, mature and unselfish.

Definitely a taking one for the team moment.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I wish Victoria the best.  She's leaving it open to the possibility of auditioning again even though I don't really see the point in doing so as her goal was to become a DCC which she did.  She can check that goal off her list as she's young enough and has the financial support of her family so she can get her mental/physical health in order and move on with her life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

The commenters I was referring to were the current and former DCC commenting on Victoria’s Instagram and how they would have to tread carefully to not disclose private medical information. Nothing to do with HIPPA (I didn’t mention it?) but private information none the less with pretty big consequences if divulged or eluded too by people in the know.

Legally, there are no consequences for divulging others private medical information unless you are bound by HIPAA. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

A Margaret Thatcher quote came to mind when I read VK’s departure post:  Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

It's like calling yourself a philanthropist - just don't do it. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Did we ever find out what happened with Jalyn? She was a favorite her first year but not so much anymore

The only thing I know is what we heard (rumors) around the time it happened.  Supposedly, Jalyn corrected Victoria on something and Victoria wasn't happy about it so she went to her mom who went to Kelli or she went to Kelli directly.  That's when Kelli told the group (can't remember if this scene was actually shown or not) something along the lines of "Veteran aren't allowed to correct or help rookies anymore.  Corrections are only to come from Judy and I."  

Then Show Group auditions happened and Jalyn was knocked off Show Group.  There was a shot of a list in either Kelli's or Judy's hand that showed Jalyn crossed off and Victoria near/next to it and underlined.  Once the group broke up to start practicing, Jalyn took herself off to the bathroom/locker room to collect herself for a few minutes and Kelli looked PISSED/MAD.  If I remember correctly, she said something along the lines of how unprofessional it was of Jalyn to do that (most people here said the opposite).  Supposedly, Kelli wanted Jalyn to create some sort of scene or disturbance so she (Kelli) would have a reason to cut her (Jalyn), but Jalyn didn't give her that.  Jalyn was then called into the office and "talked to" (which was likely going to be when she was cut, but she hadn't given Kelli the reaction Kelli wanted).  Kelli doesn't seem to have forgiven her since nor has Jalyn given her a reason to be cut.

This is all based on rumors, what was shown on the show and what we heard here on the board.

• Love 15
(edited)
9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

The only thing I know is what we heard (rumors) around the time it happened.  Supposedly, Jalyn corrected Victoria on something and Victoria wasn't happy about it so she went to her mom who went to Kelli or she went to Kelli directly.  That's when Kelli told the group (can't remember if this scene was actually shown or not) something along the lines of "Veteran aren't allowed to correct or help rookies anymore.  Corrections are only to come from Judy and I."  

Then Show Group auditions happened and Jalyn was knocked off Show Group.  There was a shot of a list in either Kelli's or Judy's hand that showed Jalyn crossed off and Victoria near/next to it and underlined.  Once the group broke up to start practicing, Jalyn took herself off to the bathroom/locker room to collect herself for a few minutes and Kelli looked PISSED/MAD.  If I remember correctly, she said something along the lines of how unprofessional it was of Jalyn to do that (most people here said the opposite).  Supposedly, Kelli wanted Jalyn to create some sort of scene or disturbance so she (Kelli) would have a reason to cut her (Jalyn), but Jalyn didn't give her that.  Jalyn was then called into the office and "talked to" (which was likely going to be when she was cut, but she hadn't given Kelli the reaction Kelli wanted).  Kelli doesn't seem to have forgiven her since nor has Jalyn given her a reason to be cut.

This is all based on rumors, what was shown on the show and what we heard here on the board.

Wow, thanks! I had no idea of any of this. I think veterans should 100% be able to correct rookies. K & J can't watch everyone at the same time...

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 5
(edited)

I have never been secret about not liking Victoria but I blame that as much or more on her mother, Kelly and the obvious nepotism. That said, if it is food related, an eating disorder, then those around Victoria need to help her, not coddle her. A real ed is not something to screw around with. Too many moons ago I was in an edu center and there was a young woman who believed if she gained one ounce over 73lbs she was fat. They had to insert a feeding tube bc she kept throwing up the meager amts of food she would eat. Sadly, she died. 

Victoria needs to realize her body, and ftr, she has a beautiful figure, is not the DCC "uniform ready" body type. It may be too hard for her to get and keep her body at what her body says is an unhealthy and unnatural weight. She needs to understand and own that is not failure. At all. It's genes. And if it is an ed I wish her well and want her to get better. This is a rabbit hole she doesn't want to spend the rest if her life in. I know. 

Isn't she's in a new relationship now? That's gotta be difficult as well. Watching her new bf eat pizza, drink beer, sodas, snack? And guys eat. Wait until she gets married and is around it 24/7. And has kids. 

Honestly I don't think there's that much to see in, "brave, mature and unselfish" decision. Victoria isn't deep. Maybe she realized she couldn't starve her body into DCC shape (understandably) didn't want to anymore (don't blame her) and didn't want to be trashed publicly via the show. And Kelli may have had a word with her as well and told her and her mother that, if I let V into training camp so obviously out of shape then she will be ripped apart by the masses and so will the DCC organization. They were, justifiably, for cutting Hannah and Brennan. I didn't watch even one episode last year. Not the online snippets. Nothing.

My guess is, V didn't want to be publicly torn apart as in her first year. And especially after coming back physically fit and "uniform ready." She sees not taking an automatic spot (we know Kelli would) as unselfish. And even though it's ultimately about her, it is growth. 

If Victoria sees this, GO LIVE YOUR LIFE! Not the life of your mother reliving her DCC years. Your Life. You accomplished what thousands of woman couldn't. 2 years as a starving DCC (new Indie band name, Starving DCC's?) is quite an achievement. Take pages from your friends Dayton and Sam and find your life and live. 

For me the bigger question in all of this is, who will Lisa suck up to now with Victoria gone? Not a fan of Lisa M. I do not think she has the DCC look and never will. 

Of course this is all speculation but, to me, it's what I think is going on. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Added sentence
  • Love 10

Adding, I wouldn't expect Kelli to say much about Victoria leaving on the show. She didn't when Holly quit, Erica was never mentioned and said next to nothing when Courtney Cook left. I do believe she really does care about Victoria and won't divulge her personal business. It will get a quick, standard mention and that will be all. About Holly P quitting, she said (paraphrasing), "she didn't want to ruin a young girl's life." Something like that. If she said that little and took that stand for Holly P on the show, I think she will do the same or more (less?) for Victoria. 

I also think it's good that insiders aren't giving up the goods. Whatever my feelings about Victoria and the obvious nepotism, she is walking away from a dream that was beat into her from a very young age. I would imagine she's a bit lost right now. And she doesn't have a lot of friends. We never or rarely saw her hang out with other DCC's.

I truly do wish her well. And a life besides this...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Laurawithcats said:

If Victoria sees this, GO LIVE YOUR LIFE! Not the life of your mother reliving her DCC years. Your Life. You accomplished what thousands of woman couldn't. 2 years as a starving DCC (new Indie band name, Starving DCC's?) is quite an achievement. Take pages from your friends Dayton and Sam and find your life and live. 

Agree.  I hope she takes her community college credits and transfers to a school far, far away from Texas.  Get some life experience & get away from this path that was laid out for her since birth to figure out what she really wants.  Maybe she truly loves DCC and will come back in a few years, on her own terms, as A++ Victoria.  Or maybe she'll take a completely different path.  I just hope she's able to explore her options outside of Dallas/DCC/TK.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Legally, there are no consequences for divulging others private medical information unless you are bound by HIPAA. 

I meant consequences for DCC by TPTB if their comments eluded to anything private like, “I hope your mom makes a speedy recovery!”  Wow this thread has really diverted from the original comment I replied too. Consequences don’t have to be legal ones, or anything to do with HIPPA. Indiscretion about people’s medical history or situation, regardless of laws, can have consequences.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Wow, thanks! I had no idea of any of this. I think veterans should 100% be able to correct rookies. K & J can't watch everyone at the same time...

Actually at different points, being a "good veteran" was defined as helping rookies.  We've seen multiple scenes with just that happening.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Laurawithcats said:

I have never been secret about not liking Victoria but I blame that as much or more on her mother, Kelly and the obvious nepotism. That said, if it is food related, an eating disorder, then those around Victoria need to help her, not coddle her. A real ed is not something to screw around with. Too many moons ago I was in an edu center and there was a young woman who believed if she gained one ounce over 73lbs she was fat. They had to insert a feeding tube bc she kept throwing up the meager amts of food she would eat. Sadly, she died. 

Victoria needs to realize her body, and ftr, she has a beautiful figure, is not the DCC "uniform ready" body type. It may be too hard for her to get and keep her body at what her body says is an unhealthy and unnatural weight. She needs to understand and own that is not failure. At all. It's genes. And if it is an ed I wish her well and want her to get better. This is a rabbit hole she doesn't want to spend the rest if her life in. I know. 

Isn't she's in a new relationship now? That's gotta be difficult as well. Watching her new bf eat pizza, drink beer, sodas, snack? And guys eat. Wait until she gets married and is around it 24/7. And has kids. 

Honestly I don't think there's that much to see in, "brave, mature and unselfish" decision. Victoria isn't deep. Maybe she realized she couldn't starve her body into DCC shape (understandably) didn't want to anymore (don't blame her) and didn't want to be trashed publicly via the show. And Kelli may have had a word with her as well and told her and her mother that, if I let V into training camp so obviously out of shape then she will be ripped apart by the masses and so will the DCC organization. They were, justifiably, for cutting Hannah and Brennan. I didn't watch even one episode last year. Not the online snippets. Nothing.

My guess is, V didn't want to be publicly torn apart as in her first year. And especially after coming back physically fit and "uniform ready." She sees not taking an automatic spot (we know Kelli would) as unselfish. And even though it's ultimately about her, it is growth. 

For me the bigger question in all of this is, who will Lisa suck up to now with Victoria gone? Not a fan of Lisa M. I do not think she has the DCC look and never will. 

Of course this is all speculation but, to me, it's what I think is going on. 

I hear you on Lisa and TOTALLY agree.  She isn't ugly per se.  And she has a decent little body.  But none of it is DCC.  And the gross little goody two shoes act she puts on makes me want to puke!  I was screaming at the TV during media day last season when she had her nose so far up TPTB's butt it was just disgusting.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

We've seen this happen multiple times over the course of the show where Judy/Kelli tells the girls to get with a veteran and go over something if they have trouble with it, whether there at practice (like if Kelli, Judy and whoever else has to go over potential cuts, talk with someone in the office, or something else) or outside of practice.  The higher vets know what they're talking about, how something looks or feels when done properly and will either correct it right then or tell Judy/Kelli about it if they aren't in a situation where something could be corrected immediately. 

This type of vets-help-the-rookies-with-issues stopped when Jalyn got kicked off Show Group so there was SOMETHING going on and Jalyn, as far as we knew, did absolutely NOTHING to deserve the situation she found herself in that year (and all the years since).  Personally, if I knew that my boss was aiming for me (especially in a dance related job where the contract was only one year), I would be gone at the end of that year so fast.  Jalyn was mature and professional which will take her far.  

1 hour ago, Opine said:

I hear you on Lisa and TOTALLY agree.  She isn't ugly per se.  And she has a decent little body.  But none of it is DCC.  And the gross little goody two shoes act she puts on makes me want to puke!  I was screaming at the TV during media day last season when she had her nose so far up TPTB's butt it was just disgusting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa is a vet cut this year.  Without Victoria (and possibly some of the other retiring vets) to protect her, she'll have a lot harder time with everything.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly start hearing about her "boxy" shape, some of her dance lacks, and whatever else TPTB choose to nitpick about.

• Love 7
On 6/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, PleasantSmile05 said:

Dr Manhattan is fairly new to PT right? I don’t remember seeing much from them last season.

See I find this interesting because I’ve seen multiple posts from new people who say it took forever for their accounts to be activated. It make wonder if Dr M has been waiting a while (and if so, what else could they have shared during this time) or did they somehow jump the queue? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Laurawithcats said:

Adding, I wouldn't expect Kelli to say much about Victoria leaving on the show. She didn't when Holly quit, Erica was never mentioned and said next to nothing when Courtney Cook left. I do believe she really does care about Victoria and won't divulge her personal business.

Don't forget that she had a very high opinion of Victoria as a DCC as she did with Holly and Erica until they messed up. And you do not want to explain on national tv why your stars retired/resigned early, no manager wants to make that call.

As for Courtney; I don't know Kelli's thoughts on her as a DCC or as a person but she seemed genuinely shocked by what happened to her. She may have regarded this as a personal failure of not being able to protect Courtney and a wake-up call that bad things like substance abuse and eating disorders exist in the perfect world of DCC.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I remember Natalie Wood asking (I believe) Nicole Hamilton to stay on her and correct her. I think there is nothing wrong with a vet correcting a TCC or rookies dancing and/or behavior since they know how things work...as long as they do it politely. 

Maybe VK doesn't take criticism by any means well. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Little Eden said:

Agree.  I hope she takes her community college credits and transfers to a school far, far away from Texas.  Get some life experience & get away from this path that was laid out for her since birth to figure out what she really wants.  Maybe she truly loves DCC and will come back in a few years, on her own terms, as A++ Victoria.  Or maybe she'll take a completely different path.  I just hope she's able to explore her options outside of Dallas/DCC/TK.

Maybe tagalong with Dayton and work on a cruiseline. She'll get life experience and see the world. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I remember Natalie Wood asking (I believe) Nicole Hamilton to stay on her and correct her. I think there is nothing wrong with a vet correcting a TCC or rookies dancing and/or behavior since they know how things work...as long as they do it politely. 

Maybe VK doesn't take criticism by any means well. 

I also got the feeling (not sure if it was stated on a post or I just read between lines and made up a story in my mind) that perhaps the vet giving the correction (rumored to be Jalyn) did it in a purely helpful mature way.  How Victoria handled it at the time wasn’t really ever discussed, but she probably then told her mother - either in the course of a “how was practice” type conversation or an outright complaint. And then it was Tina who actually complained to KelFine. Whether that was the actual chain of events, I have no idea. But I always got the impression that Tina’s relationship with Kelli was way more detrimental to Victoria’s relationship with other DCC than it was helpful. Whether she realizes it or not. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

With 4 open spots on SG, I think they will go to Madeline (because she was at the top of the rankings last year), McKenzie, Dani, and Armani. Darian would be my next pick since she was farther up in the triangle. 

• Love 6
On 6/5/2021 at 2:02 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I'm really trying not to comment on VK at all - because I’ll say it louder for the people in the back - I’m glad she’s gone. She was a distraction. 

I don’t wish hateful shit on her or anything but that whole saying you have a thyroid issue when you don’t is just bad juju.

This whole “leave of absence” stuff is BS too. She’s making  the LOL “brave, mature, unselfish” decision not to reaudition. She should have to do the same brave, mature, unselfish thing that all the other girls who chose not to reaudition any given year had to do if they wanted to make the team again.

not going to lie though - Lemonbus, Simplsimom - SPILL THE TEA. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the same way about her. However,  I can't help but wonder how Victoria's career with DCC would of gone if people like Kelli, Charlotte, and Melissa R didn't try so hard to make it seem like she was the next DCC messiah and just treated her like any other cheerleaders and employee. She obviously gained a bit of weight judging by that first SG performance and then was gone from further shows and social media.  I can see the fear of not  being seen as the DCC golden child/ future point. Plus, having to be part of the weight gain storyline again would send someone spiralling into a ED and breakdown. Especially so close to training camp and on a reality tv show. Victoria is only 21. She still has a long dance career ahead of her. Definitely for the best that she step away and take care of herself. Wish her all the best. 

• Love 12

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but VK said she was specifically taking a break from "the sidelines" this season.  I'm wondering if she'll still be kept on in some kind of ambassador role?  I'm curious to see how (or if) this plays out in front of the cameras.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Emchammy said:

See I find this interesting because I’ve seen multiple posts from new people who say it took forever for their accounts to be activated. It make wonder if Dr M has been waiting a while (and if so, what else could they have shared during this time) or did they somehow jump the queue? 

I was one of those long time lurkers who finally wanted to open an account and I think it took 2-3 weeks for it to be activated. Not sure if that helps lol 

• Useful 4
(edited)

I don't post often but have followed the VK saga all along. Is it just me or is everyone skirting around saying what is a likely possibility -- that she got pregnant and decided she wanted to have an abortion but was guilted into keeping/having it by others forcing their opinions and values on her, those same people who programmed DCC as the be-all end-all her entire life?

She's never had a chance to figure out her life on her own, why would a pregnancy be any different? Despite women still having choices about their own bodies in this world, guilt from external forces plays much too large a role in unexpected pregnancies, and especially for someone whose life has been driven by others' expectations all along.  

If true, its likely that she was fed the idea that she can have the baby and still get back in uniform shape by next season, despite the realities of how having a kid takes over your life in general and that getting a pre-baby body back is difficult for anyone, and especially someone who struggles with easy weight gain. No matter what anyone tells her, her body and hormones will dictate her ability to get back into DCC-standard shape. 

It would explain the weight gain, the awkward selfless, brave, etc. comment, all the support from the teammates, and her essentially disappearing from all visual media overnight. . . .

If true, once again, VK's life is being driven by others. Not a big fan of hers but at the same time, the poor woman has never stood a chance of figuring out who she is on her own and making up her own mind about her own life.  For all the grief she gets, given the familial obsession with all things DCC, she really wouldn't have turned out any other way. 

There's a LOT of reasons why I think this is a possibility but I can't add them without violating political policies. What I believe I can safely say is that if you think about the state they live in, the corporate "values" of DCC and their emphasis on the external perceptions of the women's personal choices, etc., it really isn't difficult to speculate the same scenario I did. 

Edited by SailorGirl
grammar matters
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Agent Gully said:

1.) Who would be the most surprising/shocking veteran cut/s?

2.) Who would be the least surprising veteran cut/s?

Most shocking:  Gina, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, or Caroline.  (I don't think they'd cut Rachel W even if she couldn't dance). 

Least Shocking: Kristin, Jalyn, Taylor, Jada (even though she's a fave she's a soft dancer), Jessica (she's a total blender)

• Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I don't post often but have followed the VK saga all along. Is it just me or is everyone skirting around saying what is a likely possibility -- that she got pregnant and decided she wanted to have an abortion but was guilted into keeping/having it by others forcing their opinions and values on her, those same people who programmed DCC as the be-all end-all her entire life?

It would explain the weight gain, the awkward selfless, brave, etc. comment, all the support from the teammates, and her essentially disappearing from all visual media overnight. . . .

There's a LOT of reasons why I think this is a real possibility but I can't add them without violating political policies. What I believe I can safely say is that if you think about the state they live in, the corporate "values" of DCC and their emphasis on the external perceptions of the women's personal choices, etc., it really isn't difficult to speculate the same scenario I did. 

I think if she is pregnant, it's weird that she and all the DCC/TCC who commented on her post described her decision to step away as a difficult choice or personal sacrifice. I'm not trying to take away from how difficult the decision to keep an unexpected pregnancy can be, especially given how young Victoria is and how physically demanding DCC is. 

However, if she is pregnant, it's weird that she didn't mention "taking a break to explore new avenues in life" or something like that. Also, people she knows commenting stuff like "you're in my prayers" is not a normal thing to say to someone who's pregnant even if it's said with the best intentions. I also think if she was pregnant and talked into keeping the pregnancy, religion would have been mentioned more in her post or in her comments (like bible verses or "God is always there for you;" I still would think that saying "I'll pray for you" is a weird thing to say)

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Missed punctuation
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I think if she is pregnant, it's weird that she and all the DCC/TCC who commented on her post described her decision to step away as a difficult choice or personal sacrifice. 

I think having a baby if you don't want to/aren't ready is a textbook definition of difficult choice and personal sacrifice. . . 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, SailorGirl said:

I think having a baby if you don't want to/aren't ready is a textbook definition of difficult choice and personal sacrifice. . . 

I completely agree, but, without getting too political, I think if she were being pressured or strongly advised to keep an unwanted pregnancy, those around her would also be trying to frame the pregnancy in a more positive way. 

• Love 3
On 6/6/2021 at 2:21 PM, Little Eden said:

I might be remembering incorrectly but wasn't it mentioned before that she turned down a place at a performing arts/dance school in order to dance with the DCC?

I feel like if she were to get back on that path, assuming she's healthy, she would come out a stronger dancer and stronger in her sense of self and self-worth. 18 is so young to be putting yourself into this type of spot light and I honestly worry about the new TCCs who are that young as well.

Dance is clearly VKs passion so pursuing further education in dance would be great for her. I feel like it also wouldn't put as much stress on her mentally and physically as DCC & their auditions do.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

that she turned down a place at a performing arts/dance school in order to dance with the DCC?

I believe she was 12 and offered a dance scholarship to New York and Tina didn't want her to go???

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I might be remembering incorrectly but wasn't it mentioned before that she turned down a place at a performing arts/dance school in order to dance with the DCC?

I feel like if she were to get back on that path, assuming she's healthy, she would come out a stronger dancer and stronger in her sense of self and self-worth. 18 is so young to be putting yourself into this type of spot light and I honestly worry about the new TCCs who are that young as well.

Dance is clearly VKs passion so pursuing further education in dance would be great for her. I feel like it also wouldn't put as much stress on her mentally and physically as DCC & their auditions do.

25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I believe she was 12 and offered a dance scholarship to New York and Tina didn't want her to go???

Thank you both for clarifying that.  This was what I was talking about earlier.  She was offered a full scholarship in New York and was all ready to go, but Tina completely nixed because SHE didn't want Victoria to go (Tina probably wasn't allowed to come and stay with her).  However, it was couched as she didn't want her baby girl so far away or something like that.  The way it was phrased made it seem like Tina wanted Victoria to focus exclusively on things that would get her to the DCC and going to New York would not only get her away from her family, but could make her "lose focus" on her "dream" of becoming a DCC and "corrupt" her in her pursuits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

She's never had a chance to figure out her life on her own, why would a pregnancy be any different? Despite women still having choices about their own bodies in this world, guilt from external forces plays much too large a role in unexpected pregnancies, and especially for someone whose life has been driven by others' expectations all along.  

If true, its likely that she was fed the idea that she can have the baby and still get back in uniform shape by next season, despite the realities of how having a kid takes over your life in general and that getting a pre-baby body back is difficult for anyone, and especially someone who struggles with easy weight gain. No matter what anyone tells her, her body and hormones will dictate her ability to get back into DCC-standard shape. 

If true, once again, VK's life is being driven by others. Not a big fan of hers but at the same time, the poor woman has never stood a chance of figuring out who she is on her own and making up her own mind about her own life.  For all the grief she gets, given the familial obsession with all things DCC, she really wouldn't have turned out any other way. 

There's a LOT of reasons why I think this is a possibility but I can't add them without violating political policies. What I believe I can safely say is that if you think about the state they live in, the corporate "values" of DCC and their emphasis on the external perceptions of the women's personal choices, etc., it really isn't difficult to speculate the same scenario I did. 

What terrifies me the most about this scenario is that in 18 years Kalina3 will be hailed as the second coming of Christ in the DCC world. 

• LOL 12
31 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

What terrifies me the most about this scenario is that in 18 years Kalina3 will be hailed as the second coming of Christ in the DCC world. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Marvel comic characters are posting, Maddie yeeted, Tess is off to yell at and rat out other people now, Savvy and her hair took a powder. Damn. 

That all happened fairly recently and yet seems a lifetime ago. This show is aging me LOL.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Going to have to be the third coming after Cassie’s daughter, who could conceivably still be on the squad at that time 😆

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Most shocking:  Gina, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, or Caroline.  (I don't think they'd cut Rachel W even if she couldn't dance). 

Least Shocking: Kristin, Jalyn, Taylor, Jada (even though she's a fave she's a soft dancer), Jessica (she's a total blender)

For me, none of the rookies (except for Marissa) would shock me if they got cut. It’s not their fault but DCC MTT focused too much on the veterans and they weren’t allowed or have a big DCC social media presence until late in the season so most of the time I forget who’s the rookie class. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Going to have to be the third coming after Cassie’s daughter, who could conceivably still be on the squad at that time 😆

Lennon’s first spoken word was DCC and her second cheerleader. Talking about grooming/brainwashing a toddler! I’m sure she had a DCC nursery in addition to all the DCC costumes we’ve seen her in. She probably attended her first junior DCC dance class before she could walk and was the youngest DCC ever to make the squad photo. Talking about a guaranteed spot on the team….

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Cassie's son will be the first male DCC... 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2021 at 12:25 AM, dccfan204 said:

Did we ever find out what happened with Jalyn? She was a favorite her first year but not so much anymore

Rumor was she tried to help VK during Training camp making suggestions (like all vets do) and VK complained to Kelli because she took it as negative criticism.  Kelli and Judy both then came down hard and said only they could make corrections of training camp candidates.  Then VK made show group as a rookie and Jaylyn did not make showgroup.  ALthough I am suprised Jaylyn has not retired Im glad because I still like her alot.  

• Love 9
On 5/29/2021 at 12:49 AM, lemonbus230 said:

Victoria’s immaturity caught up with her. In more ways than one. And she chose to step away versus address and apologize where needed.

Thank you for this post.... I thought I was the only one giving this whole thing the side eye! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Thank you both for clarifying that.  This was what I was talking about earlier.  She was offered a full scholarship in New York and was all ready to go, but Tina completely nixed because SHE didn't want Victoria to go (Tina probably wasn't allowed to come and stay with her).  However, it was couched as she didn't want her baby girl so far away or something like that.  The way it was phrased made it seem like Tina wanted Victoria to focus exclusively on things that would get her to the DCC and going to New York would not only get her away from her family, but could make her "lose focus" on her "dream" of becoming a DCC and "corrupt" her in her pursuits.

You can fault TK for a lot of things, but she is not the only mother who would not allow a 12 year old to live away from home.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

You can fault TK for a lot of things, but she is not the only mother who would not allow a 12 year old to live away from home.

LOL I guarantee mine wouldn't have!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

A lot of parents do depending on the student, the situation and where they are going.  For dance, oftentimes, there are dorms attached to the school for students to live in, either for the school year or the summer intensive.  From what I remember of the situation, Victoria would have stayed in one of those had she taken advantage of the scholarship.  Many dance students DO leave home at that age in order to get better training. 

I double checked what was written WAY back then and it was a $20,000 scholarship to AMDA.  When they mentioned it in an early episode of S13, Tina had stated she "didn't want to give up her baby".   Plus, AMDA was/is expensive so they likely would have had to pay whatever the scholarship didn't cover so cost would have been a factor as well.

I can't remember what episode the scholarship/etc. was mentioned in or I'd go back and watch it to get more information.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4