Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

I am baffled as to what kind of personal issues require a “brave, mature and unselfish” decision to step away. And it’s interesting to see how many current and former DCCs who are commenting with so much support on her post. 

A "brave, mature and unselfish" decision reads to me that she's not doing it for herself. Perhaps a parent or loved one has terminal cancer, hence the loyal support from her teammates.

• Love 8

I'm honestly shocked that Victoria is getting this much love, support from her teammates. Even that former and current DCC are acknowledging this makes things more suspect for me.

And is this “unselfish” because she's giving up her spot for someone else? 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

A "brave, mature and unselfish" decision reads to me that she's not doing it for herself. Perhaps a parent or loved one has terminal cancer, hence the loyal support from her teammates.

That’s how I took it—this is her life. Her entire life. She reauditioned after her crap first tryout. I get that that tryout was cringe af. But for her to say that…something is more demanding than her dance life and I can only see it as something family related. 

if it’s over locker room drama or weight, sometimes you need to check yaself before you wreck yaself on National tv. 

I wish we could let these young women grow up and learn. People do change and if she was so decrepit, I’m pretty sure there would be more leaks.  My opinion 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 9
(edited)
21 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

She’s received lots of support from her teammates and DCC alumni, but no one has sent prayers her way, so I’m not sure it’s terminal cancer in the family etc. Its all “love you sis, you are beautiful and brave.”

If this is truly an unselfish reason for leaving that deserves concern or sympathy, they surely are not rolling this out well. 

Is it possible she is taking a year off to pursue something non-DCC related and doesn’t have the time to commit to the team, irking Kelli and Judy?

Edited by Stee
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Stee said:

She’s received lots of support from her teammates and DCC alumni, but no one has sent prayers her way, so I’m not sure it’s terminal cancer in the family etc. Everything is about her being beautiful and brave. 

If this is truly an unselfish reason for leaving that deserves concern or sympathy, they surely are not rolling this out well. 

You spoke too soon. 

Tori said 'keeping you in my thoughts and prayers'.

Hayley said 'im so proud of you for being strong and taking care of yourself' 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Stee said:

She’s received lots of support from her teammates and DCC alumni, but no one has sent prayers her way, so I’m not sure it’s terminal cancer in the family etc. Everything is about her being beautiful and brave. 

Well medical information is private and cannot be disclosed unless the patient specifies it is ok to do so. So any commenters in the know would likely tread carefully.

My other thoughts are a suicide attempt, a substance abuse problem, or severe eating disorder. Getting treatment for these problems is "unselfish" because you are relieving the burden you are putting on others that care about you.  These would also be medical reasons, and protected.

Edited by StellaCL
added eating disorder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Well medical information is private and cannot be disclosed unless the patient specifies it is ok to do so. So any commenters in the know would likely tread carefully.

My other thoughts are a suicide attempt, or a substance abuse problem. Getting treatment for these problems is "unselfish" because you are relieving the burden you are putting on others that care about you.  These would also be medical reasons, and protected.

YES! If you struggle with mental illness or substance abuse it affects everyone around you.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Just a question to see what others think...Last year, I think many of us were surprised at some of the veteran cuts. Of the veterans with two or more seasons under their belt now, in your opinion:

1.) Who would be the most surprising/shocking veteran cut/s?

2.) Who would be the least surprising veteran cut/s?

Feel free to list more than one for each question. Also feel free to put your reasoning. A horse turned me into a human lawn dart and I want to think about something other than the fact I no longer bounce when I get pitched off, I shatter! 

off.jpg

Isn't that another way to say "I never fall off.  I do equine assisted random gravity checks"?  Yes, I've had a few of those myself, but fortunately without a more serious injury then the occasional bruise, strained or sprained muscle.  At least, not yet.

1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Other DCC have commented saying she is so brave. I am a nosy bitch and I really want to know why she is leaving! Hahaha

Also, saying you are taking a leave and not retiring is entitled. You are assuming you are coming back with no need to re-audition or she's received some special waver by Kelli.. wouldn't surprise me. 

The only person to have made it back without auditioning in the entire history of the team was Kelli herself (and the story I remember hearing was because so many girls were retiring that year that she was basically begged to stay and told that, if she did, she wouldn't have to audition).  I doubt Kelli would want to relinquish that title of "Only person in the history of the team who didn't have to audition" for ANYONE, including Victoria.

31 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

There is such a precendence that all returning vets must re-audition, I don't think this will change for Victoria.

As mentioned above, Kelli was the only person in the history of the squad who was allowed onto the squad without auditioning for at least one year.  She won't want to relinquish being the ONLY one to have that so I doubt she'd let Victoria do it.  However, I could see Victoria being the ONLY one she'd at least consider doing it, even if she required Victoria to audition after all.

• Love 6

I still think she's protecting her health by deciding to step aside this year.

On April 19 she was going into A++ self mode. By end of May we knew she had already decided not to audition.

Kelli  maybe called her in after that show group performance and said. "Hello? You don't want to be scrutinized for weight again on TV!" Victoria didn't appear in the second performance and went silent.

She may have tried to get to her A++ form and realized that it wasn't possible to do healthfully. She didn't want her weight to be yet another storyline.   So she chose to step away this year and protect her mind and body.

I can see that being brave and mature and unselfish (though I wouldn't have said that out loud).

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
34 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

My other thoughts are a suicide attempt, a substance abuse problem, or severe eating disorder. Getting treatment for these problems is "unselfish" because you are relieving the burden you are putting on others that care about you.  These would also be medical reasons, and protected.

I understand that people might not want to share private medical information on an Instagram post but I also don’t think her friends would comment “You are beautiful, sis!” if her parent was dying.  But hey, that’s just me.

At this point, it’s all guessing and speculation!  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 12
(edited)

image.thumb.png.9d9763f641f002011012b0b2c27fd129.png

I felt like this comment from Judy was different from other comments from other girls.

Everyone else was "you are amazing" "You are so brave" but Judy says

"Just take a breath and take some time for yourself!"

Edited by Kamal
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I felt like this comment from Judy was different from other comments from other girls.

Yeah it seems a little out of place, but at the same time Judy's relationship with Victoria is going to be different than the relationship that Victoria has with the other women on the team.

The other DCC are peers, while Judy is a coach and more of a maternal figure. I feel like in a tough situation, my friends would offer love and support, and the Judy's in my life would tell me to trust that everything will be okay. 

Also, I hope everything is okay with Victoria, this sounds more serious than Kelli just asking her to lose a couple pounds. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Yeah it seems a little out of place, but at the same time Judy's relationship with Victoria is going to be different than the relationship that Victoria has with the other women on the team.

The other DCC are peers, while Judy is a coach and more of a maternal figure. I feel like in a tough situation, my friends would offer love and support, and the Judy's in my life would tell me to trust that everything will be okay. 

Also, I hope everything is okay with Victoria, this sounds more serious than Kelli just asking her to lose a couple pounds. 

I agree on this. I think Hannah has commented on her post purely because it's mental health related. I can't see her and VK being close but she can relate to this. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Just wanted to clarify my post above. I hope it didn't come across as if I was making light of the situation with trying to get into A ++ shape. We've already seen that weight/body image is an extremely triggering discussion for Victoria and her mother. And I can certainly understand. I am sure the situation was extremely stressful and threatening to her mental and physical health even if it did revolve around physical expectations. I agree with you. I doubt it was as simple as "lose a few pounds" "nah- I'm taking the year off" But that could have been the central subject around which everything collapsed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I’m surprised Judy put this on her DCC IG and not per personal IG 

48 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Just wanted to clarify my post above. I hope it didn't come across as if I was making light of the situation with trying to get into A ++ shape. We've already seen that weight/body image is an extremely triggering discussion for Victoria and her mother. And I can certainly understand. I am sure the situation was extremely stressful and threatening to her mental and physical health even if it did revolve around physical expectations. I agree with you. I doubt it was as simple as "lose a few pounds" "nah- I'm taking the year off" But that could have been the central subject around which everything collapsed.

It think she already lost too much weight. She didn’t perform at the draft probably because she was too thin. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Monique said:

I'm honestly shocked that Victoria is getting this much love, support from her teammates. Even that former and current DCC are acknowledging this makes things more suspect for me.

I feel even if it is something “bad” that Victoria what she did that have her make the decision to take a leave or not re-audition this year, I think DCC’s know how bad she got it through social media when she had a rough first season and just want to support her in general. Even though it’s not her fault that DCC has been her world, I’m worried she’s going to have a hard time not being in it.

The whole “unselfish” sentence seems off to me though. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Thank you for clarifying! I wasn't trying to single out anyone for their speculation on Victoria's retirement. I was just trying to say that her departure is maybe more serious than a lot of us initially realized, myself included.

Also, thank you for your comments about how weight/body image can be threatening to both physical and mental health. I think we all recognize how dangerous DCC weight expectations can be, but, speaking for myself, I accept it as just another part of the show. It's nice to have a reminder that the expectations to be DCC thin are toxic (even if I selfishly enjoy the drama).

11 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

I feel even if it is something “bad” that Victoria what she did that have her make the decision to take a leave or not re-audition this year, I think DCC’s know how bad she got it through social media when she had a rough first season and just want to support her in general. Even though it’s not her fault that DCC has been her world, I’m worried she’s going to have a hard time not being in it.

The whole “unselfish” sentence seems off to me though. 

I love the idea that all the DCC are being protective and flooding her post with support to fend off potential haters. That sentence about being brave and unselfish definitely is weird. I wonder if she's bracing herself for the MTT edit? Maybe by preemptively saying she's unselfish, then if she gets a bad edit, people will think that there's more to the story. Or maybe calling the decision mbv unselfish is just how she's coping with leaving DCC (and she just overshared in her post)? Like she's sad that she has to step away but it's okay because it was the unselfish thing to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm not a Victoria fan, but I'm thinking, IF it's a weight issue, that it's either 1 she gained weight, it has affected her mental health, and wants to take time of to focus on her without the stress of DCC's weight standards; or 2 she may have lost control and lost too much causing her to develop an ED and is using this time to go into an impatient or outpatient program for recovery. As someone who has been struggling with anorexia for years, I know how difficult taking that step is and her comment about it being a brave and unselfish decision would make sense. IF this is what caused her to step down, I will back her decision 100%. 

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm not a Victoria fan, but I'm thinking, IF it's a weight issue, that it's either 1 she gained weight, it has affected her mental health, and wants to take time of to focus on her without the stress of DCC's weight standards; or 2 she may have lost control and lost too much causing her to develop an ED and is using this time to go into an impatient or outpatient program for recovery. As someone who has been struggling with anorexia for years, I know how difficult taking that step is and her comment about it being a brave and unselfish decision would make sense. IF this is what caused her to step down, I will back her decision 100%. 

This was a very well-written and explained post. You've given me a lot to consider. Thank you. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Lol you’re the one who announced her departure. 

I read the comment as, “yeahhhh... this unselfish / brave commentary is BS”. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Victoria much reminds me of a child who has to become a surgeon, lawyer or take over the business because they have to follow their parents' footsteps. The pressure is on to be what you're not, to do what you don't really want. The pushy-parent vibe is what I get when seeing Tina, who is literally there, every-single-step-of-the-way. 

I'm pretty sure Victoria struggled with this. Is it the reason for taking a leave? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would definitely explain the mature (finally my own decision) and brave (stepping up against mom and Kelli) Just not sure where unselfish kicks in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

I am baffled as to what kind of personal issues require a “brave, mature and unselfish” decision to step away. And it’s interesting to see how many current and former DCCs who are commenting with so much support on her post. 

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like something most people would say about their own decisions. That sounds like something OTHER people say about your decisions. 

• Love 16

My heart goes out to Victoria.  I believe she has wanted this from her childhood but her immaturity and her closeness to Kelli and the nepotism made it a tougher journey than she thought it would be.    Her first yearn training camp,  I was not a Victoria fan until she got cut.  I was impressed with how she handled her cut with some class and maturity more than Kelli.  Victoria asked for what she could improve and why she was cut and Kelli gave her that vague comprehensive answer.  VK came back slimmer and more of a polished speaker.  I heard she had a speaking coach and it showed.  You could see her pause to think a moment before she talked.  

VK learns choreography quickly and I believe that is how she got a little more respect from her teammates her second season.  She showed up lean and looking great.  She did not appear to have the close boot buddy relationship with Brennan that others have had with their boot buddies.  Brennan has her DCC squad over all the time which includes Chandi, VK's rookie sister, but I have yet to see VK included.  Lauren was a great boot buddy to Brennan so even if VK was immature, I put this on Brennan.  But then I believe Brennan changed in her last training camp to act entitled even though she showed up clearly showing fatigue at times.  I still say Brennan should have gone for the opt out or retired due to age and her body slowing down from covid and age.   Brennan's solo costume and her 1st day outfit of mom jeans screamed she was not trying anymore.  Her comments when she was cut showed she expected to be kept even if she got outdanced.  VK has a close relationship with her boot buddy Marissa.  So good for VK on that one.

I'm glad VK has gotten support from many of her teammates.  I do not need to know what is going on in her life.  There are a lot of personal stories spilled in this forum, that I wish I never knew such as the Heather O's phone hack or the Holly Hubb phone hack, etc.  I doubt we will ever hear the truth because insiders close to VK will keep radio silent.  VK has endured a lot of criticism on social media including this forum, her instagram being hacked, and not always being included by her teammates. The not being included in many events is sad because she is not getting Tina and Kelli's journey.   I hope she finds happiness and if she chooses to come back, comes back stronger.  People can debate her dancing all the time.  I find there is something about VK that draws you in.  Once again, you don't have to be the most technical to be a force on the field.  

So in the end, I hope she takes care of herself.  I would rather have seen VK on the field than Kristin or Kat who barely squeak on each year.  Kat is much older than VK and when Kat talks, I cringe.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

But didn't one of the insiders say that VK didn't apologize for whatever it is that needed apologizing and therefore VK chose to take a leave of absence instead?  If its an eating disorder or anything else mental health related, I don't think VK would need to apologize for that. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 8
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

But didn't one of the insiders say that VK didn't apologize for whatever it is that needed apologizing and therefore VK chose to take a leave of absence instead?  If its an eating disorder or anything else mental health related, I don't think VK would need to apologize for that. 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps Victoria did something that she needed apologizing for, but realised in that process that she had personal issues. A ‘why did I do this?!’ moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Maybe it’s a drug or alcohol problem?  For example, a drunken indiscretion may create an environment where people feel an apology is warranted, while getting treatment is often considered brave etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Did Amber get group leader? Erin and Madeline sent her flowers and said congrats 

Training camp hasn’t started !! Amber just finished up her masters degree 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Monique said:

I’m not shocked she’s getting this much support from former teammates & other DCC it’s the game they all play to stay in Kelli’s good graces especially knowing how special Victoria is to TPTB they HAVE to show up... the whole scene is annoying as I said in the other thread she’s a freaking cheerleader not curing Cancer she’s so very brave for turning in her Pom poms... I’m sure whatever she’s going through is the most traumatic but there is life outside of DCC...

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

My heart goes out to Victoria.  I believe she has wanted this from her childhood but her immaturity and her closeness to Kelli and the nepotism made it a tougher journey than she thought it would be.    Her first yearn training camp,  I was not a Victoria fan until she got cut.  I was impressed with how she handled her cut with some class and maturity more than Kelli.  Victoria asked for what she could improve and why she was cut and Kelli gave her that vague comprehensive answer.  VK came back slimmer and more of a polished speaker.  I heard she had a speaking coach and it showed.  You could see her pause to think a moment before she talked.  

VK learns choreography quickly and I believe that is how she got a little more respect from her teammates her second season.  She showed up lean and looking great.  She did not appear to have the close boot buddy relationship with Brennan that others have had with their boot buddies.  Brennan has her DCC squad over all the time which includes Chandi, VK's rookie sister, but I have yet to see VK included.  Lauren was a great boot buddy to Brennan so even if VK was immature, I put this on Brennan.  But then I believe Brennan changed in her last training camp to act entitled even though she showed up clearly showing fatigue at times.  I still say Brennan should have gone for the opt out or retired due to age and her body slowing down from covid and age.   Brennan's solo costume and her 1st day outfit of mom jeans screamed she was not trying anymore.  Her comments when she was cut showed she expected to be kept even if she got outdanced.  VK has a close relationship with her boot buddy Marissa.  So good for VK on that one.

I'm glad VK has gotten support from many of her teammates.  I do not need to know what is going on in her life.  There are a lot of personal stories spilled in this forum, that I wish I never knew such as the Heather O's phone hack or the Holly Hubb phone hack, etc.  I doubt we will ever hear the truth because insiders close to VK will keep radio silent.  VK has endured a lot of criticism on social media including this forum, her instagram being hacked, and not always being included by her teammates. The not being included in many events is sad because she is not getting Tina and Kelli's journey.   I hope she finds happiness and if she chooses to come back, comes back stronger.  People can debate her dancing all the time.  I find there is something about VK that draws you in.  Once again, you don't have to be the most technical to be a force on the field.  

So in the end, I hope she takes care of herself.  I would rather have seen VK on the field than Kristin or Kat who barely squeak on each year.  Kat is much older than VK and when Kat talks, I cringe.

I can’t help but wonder if she’s excluded from the team get togethers because of her mom, who may be hanging on to VK as a way of reliving her DCC glory days. That is of course in addition to fear of VK snitching to mommy and Kelli about the dealings of the group.  If mommy hasn’t cut the apron strings, perhaps VK AND TK are the mean girls..

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Are you referring to Dr. Manhattan’s comment? 
It is being speculated that DM is VK’s boyfriend, Tina, or even VK. 

I’m really trying not to comment on VK at all - because I’ll say it louder for the people in the back - I’m glad she’s gone. She was a distraction. 

I don’t wish hateful shit on her or anything but that whole saying you have a thyroid issue when you don’t is just bad juju.

This whole “leave of absence” stuff is BS too. She’s making  the LOL “brave, mature, unselfish” decision not to reaudition. She should have to do the same brave, mature, unselfish thing that all the other girls who chose not to reaudition any given year had to do if they wanted to make the team again.

not going to lie though - Lemonbus, Simplsimom - SPILL THE TEA. 

Dr Manhattan is fairly new to PT right? I don’t remember seeing much from them last season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

Dr Manhattan is fairly new to PT right? I don’t remember seeing much from them last season.

Hover on top of anyone's moniker and it will tell you when they joined.  He definitely came to spill the tea this season.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I saw on Reddit or Facebook ( can’t remember which) and it was brought up by someone who apparently had inside info that it was weight related in the same vein of Courtney Cook possibly ED. However, they’ve been wrong multiple times, so I wouldn’t say it’s true. Definitely take with a grain of salt. Apparently she was benched for a draft day performance and it escalated from there. Don’t kill the messenger. I just saw it posted somewhere. That damn big screen could give anyone a complex and their (K,J,C) snarky comments along with it.  I mean, to think Rachel A and Kashara were big? You gotta be kidding me?! At least they look like women and not 10 year olds!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Haven’t posted in forever, I lost interest with the mess that was last season (justice for Hannah!) and have just settled for reading to myself. 
But this 9th “retirement” drew me back 😂 

I really do hope VK is healthy and happy, and taking a break does her some good. Obviously it’s difficult to comment without knowing the specifics, but I do find the wording of her announcement puzzling. So much so that I thought initially it was photoshopped because it sounded like a parody of VK: the brave, mature, unselfish etc. The opposite of how she’s usually described, or was portrayed on the show perhaps. Maybe that was a dig? Who knows. 
I’ll go back to my corner and wait for more tea to spill 😂

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, CailynA said:

No matter why she's leaving someone needs to tell this child calling yourself "brave, mature, and unselfish" is a bad look, too self involved, sounds like way too much ego. You're supposed to let others call you that then thank them for saying such nice things about you.

That’s what I was thinking when I read it. 

I really hope we find out soon what’s going on. If she re-auditions next year, fine. She took a year to deal with whatever’s going on and has the right to try again like anybody else.

But if they give her an automatic spot next year without auditioning, I’ll be pissed. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Victoria much reminds me of a child who has to become a surgeon, lawyer or take over the business because they have to follow their parents' footsteps. The pressure is on to be what you're not, to do what you don't really want. The pushy-parent vibe is what I get when seeing Tina, who is literally there, every-single-step-of-the-way. 

I'm pretty sure Victoria struggled with this. Is it the reason for taking a leave? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would definitely explain the mature (finally my own decision) and brave (stepping up against mom and Kelli) Just not sure where unselfish kicks in.

Those jobs would at least make her some money 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Opine said:He definitely came to spill the tea this season.

I haven’t scrolled back enough to look at all of his/her posts. I got a “preemptive” vibe. Like when he/she stated it wasn’t VK’s “fault.”

• Love 8
On 6/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Agent Gully said:

Just a question to see what others think...Last year, I think many of us were surprised at some of the veteran cuts. Of the veterans with two or more seasons under their belt now, in your opinion:

1.) Who would be the most surprising/shocking veteran cut/s?

2.) Who would be the least surprising veteran cut/s?

Feel free to list more than one for each question. Also feel free to put your reasoning. A horse turned me into a human lawn dart and I want to think about something other than the fact I no longer bounce when I get pitched off, I shatter! 

Most shocking/surprising: Lexie or Taylor: I’m hearing some talk about these two, but I’d be very surprised if either were cut. And Kat: I don’t think she’s that good but I still would be shocked since TPTB love her so much.

Least surprising: Kristin or Jalyn just because of issues in previous seasons. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Least surprising: Kristin or Jalyn just because of issues in previous seasons. 

Did we ever find out what happened with Jalyn? She was a favorite her first year but not so much anymore

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, StellaCL said:

HIPPA only applies to medical staff who would have access to your records.  It would not cover someone overhearing VK talk about it and repeating it here or being told by VK herself. Commenters would only need to tread carefully if they don’t want anyone to discover who they are IRL. 

I’m still dying to know. And frankly, I’m shocked b/c I thought she’d stay as long as possible. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I’m still dying to know. And frankly, I’m shocked b/c I thought she’d stay as long as possible. 

I thought for sure that Victoria would be a 5 years girl.

• Love 4