Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Holy smokes, that is an incredible photo of Savannah.  I can see why they featured it.  They feature the swimsuit shoot on the tv show.  They have a very revealing uniform that Kelli repeatedly says leaves little to the imagination.  They sell this very photo in a calendar.  I don't think using it in an Instagram post is going to open the floodgates for stalkers.  The mere existence of the DCC opens the floodgates.  If they're gonna stop showing the dancers in any way that can be construed as sexy, then just shut the whole thing down.  It's unfortunate that there are deranged lunatics out there, and I hope both the women and the organization are taking proper precautions to protect themselves, but they can't stop being the DCC just because of a few pathetic individuals.  

Your user name is hilarious. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Holy smokes, that is an incredible photo of Savannah.  I can see why they featured it.  They feature the swimsuit shoot on the tv show.  They have a very revealing uniform that Kelli repeatedly says leaves little to the imagination. 

Some of the swimsuit pictures over the years have been so incredibly thrashy and/or over-the top-sexy that they make the actual DCC uniform look modest!

I like Savannah a lot and this picture is really nice but I do wonder why that backside (in a too small bottom piece) had to be front and center....

• Love 3
On 6/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Amber also travelled out of state during that time, so who knows

I think the difference was that Amber went with her boyfriend and they were out hiking by themselves -- so she could argue that she was still quarantining -- whereas the "Ozark 4" were at the lake, presumably not only around others, but very drunk to boot --- so not quarantining AND embarrassing the DCC.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

whereas the "Ozark 4" were at the lake, presumably not only around others, but very drunk to boot --- so not quarantining AND embarrassing the DCC.

I still can’t believe a group leader and 20-year vet (Tess) was there. And after everything with Brennan and Hannah. 

Just, so ... embarrassing. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2021 at 5:54 PM, DCCOracle said:

Tess did not get asked to be an All-Star (unconfirmed) because of Ozark-gate.

I think I had mentioned it before somewhere (can’t remember) but I thought for a while something must have happened for Tess not to write anything sentimental about her retirement on either her personal or dcc page. I know she acknowledged her retirement by sharing what other people wrote but still seems like something happened there and her not being asked to be an All Star makes it all make more sense

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/4/2021 at 3:21 AM, lemonbus230 said:

There are actually two- Armani and Alora.

They don’t hate Marissa, she’s just annoying and immature. Everyone loves Sydney, Jada, and Dani. 

I just remembered we had a discussion about who was a toxic rookie and came back to @LEMONBUS230 saying Sydney, Jada, and Dani are well liked. I wonder why Dani didn't get ROTY but I guess McKenzie is also a locker room favorite but @LEMONBUS230 just forgot to mention her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Did anyone else see this on Kristin's Instagram? 😲
Is she talking about:

A. The TPTB advised her to retire

B. The chatter on forums suggesting she retire

C. Both?

D. ???

Kdodd.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
spelling
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Is she talking about:

C. Both?

D. ???

Kdodd.jpg

Probably just another bible verse a lot a lot of girls put up diffrent ones or sometimes the same one 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Is she talking about:

C. Both?

D. ???

Kdodd.jpg

It cant be A right?. If someone says "consider retirement" you should retire.  

I guess B.

Just now, Holly85 said:

Probably just another bible verse a lot a lot of girls put up diffrent ones or sometimes the same one 

She does post a lot of them, but she said specifically that this one is her "mantra for next season." Though I agree with you, it could be referring to anything. Her fiancé has moved away. Fear of the unknown is always scary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Her comment on the side said it is her mantra going into this season 😯

I hope she gets to have the DCC tenure she wants without further backlash. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

KDodd, you seem like a lovely human being, but God is real busy right now with a pandemic, plagues and fighting over the holy lands. Or possibly in the tub. Hard to say.  Please stop vaguebooking via verses. 

Possibly skee ball.

I agree.  It's rather immature to do but I also don't really understand the Bible verse spouting crowd. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Is she talking about:

C. Both?

D. ???

Kdodd.jpg

Hopefully she realizes most of the recommendations to retire coming from forums are because of how horribly she was treated last season. Plus many posters think she shud go live her life in Nola with the bf and be happy. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Is she talking about:

C. Both?

D. ???

Kdodd.jpg

Sadly, I can envision her being targeted by Kelli as “a veteran to cut” in TC this year.   Would not be shocked at all.   

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, vlc said:

Sadly, I can envision her being targeted by Kelli as “a veteran to cut” in TC this year.   Would not be shocked at all.   

They are taking more than 20 new TCCs. They sure are upping the competition for the returning veterans, no doubt intentionally.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

KDodd, you seem like a lovely human being, but God is real busy right now with a pandemic, plagues and fighting over the holy lands. Or possibly in the tub. Hard to say.  Please stop vaguebooking via verses. 

Perhaps she knows what "God's Plan truly is" she'd be better served knowing what TPTB's plan is bc sis could be on the chopping block... and I like her but they seem to not like her...

Edited by TB12
  • Love 2

Legitimate question...  there has been frequent mention of “mean girls” and toxic girls in the locker room.  What does that mean??  My question is, what are they doing to get these labels?  They’re adults, not middle schoolers.  What do these adult ladies do??  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 5:53 AM, Blue hues said:

Legitimate question...  there has been frequent mention of “mean girls” and toxic girls in the locker room.  What does that mean??  My question is, what are they doing to get these labels?  They’re adults, not middle schoolers.  What do these adult ladies do??  

Probably the same as the “mean colleagues” in many businesses. Those are typically the ones who feel they are better, entitled to more or people who think they can advance over other people’s backs...

Their acts or behavior ranges from nasty pranks, insults or simply tattling behind someone’s back.A lot of companies in many fields have them. If you’ve never encountered one, count yourself lucky! Age doesn’t matter btw.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 24
On 6/3/2021 at 7:58 PM, Holly85 said:

If there is more tcc coming why would one of the new girls tell news paper 47 total 

@lemonbus230

How many TCC’s are coming?

Did Kelli change her mind and added more than 47 TCC’s?

Your help is very much appreciated.

• Love 7

Just a question to see what others think...Last year, I think many of us were surprised at some of the veteran cuts. Of the veterans with two or more seasons under their belt now, in your opinion:

1.) Who would be the most surprising/shocking veteran cut/s?

2.) Who would be the least surprising veteran cut/s?

Feel free to list more than one for each question. Also feel free to put your reasoning. A horse turned me into a human lawn dart and I want to think about something other than the fact I no longer bounce when I get pitched off, I shatter! 

off.jpg

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Just a question to see what others think...Last year, I think many of us were surprised at some of the veteran cuts. Of the veterans with two or more seasons under their belt now, in your opinion:

Feel free to list more than one for each question. Also feel free to put your reasoning. A horse turned me into a human lawn dart and I want to think about something other than the fact I no longer bounce when I get pitched off, I shatter! 

off.jpg

I'm not sure I'd be shocked by anything or anyone this season! I guess if they cut Gina or Lexie that would be something. But even the girls on show group aren't safe given last year's precedent.

If they can cut 4 vets during a horrifically difficult global pandemic - there is nothing stopping them this year in 2021. Maybe they'll cut them all and start totally fresh!

On a more realistic level - A blender like Jessica seems at risk given all the look alike training camp candidates. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Anyone could be on the chopping block if Kelli needs a storyline. 

1. I am trying to think of someone that we don't see coming, a la Hannah. Daphne and Erin could be surprise cuts - ie cut just for ratings and storyline. Both are strong dancers / ambassadors but so was Hannah. 

2. I wonder about Kat, Lisa, and Kristen - the three dancers who are auditioning for their 3rd year who are not (yet) on show group. They all bring different attributes to the team but could be used for drama. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

off.jpg

I wud b shocked if they cut Rachel W or Gina. 

Not shocked if its Kristen, Jalyn, Lisa, Amber or Alora Rose  

Edit to add Alora Rose, forgot about her😆

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

46 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Anyone could be on the chopping block if Kelli needs a storyline. 

1. I am trying to think of someone that we don't see coming, a la Hannah. Daphne and Erin could be surprise cuts - ie cut just for ratings and storyline. Both are strong dancers / ambassadors but so was Hannah. 

2. I wonder about Kat, Lisa, and Kristen - the three dancers who are auditioning for their 3rd year who are not (yet) on show group. They all bring different attributes to the team but could be used for drama. 

Oooooh good point, is there anyone who’s entering their fourth year who isn’t in (and has never made) show group? 

For third years, I think Lisa is fine, she flies under the radar and tends to be good at interviews (at least from what they’ve shown on the show lol). I think Kat won’t do too well in the beginning, but since she pulled it together last season I think they’ll also give her time this season to get it together too. I’ll be surprised if they don’t cut Kristin (I think she would have flown under the radar had she not made a scene about her solo on the show). It’s crazy how there’s already so few from this class. 

I’d be shocked if Gina, Rachel W., Caroline, Amanda or Kelcey got cut. Anyone else wouldn’t be too shocking. I think there’ll be at least two vet cuts just to make things interesting

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, lazydaydreamer said:

Oooooh good point, is there anyone who’s entering their fourth year who isn’t in (and has never made) show group? 

I think it's just Madeline and Taylor who have never made show group, and Jalyn made it her first year but hasn't the last two years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

off.jpg

Most shocking would be:  Caroline, Gina, Rachel W, Amanda, or Claire. 

Least surprising would be:  Kristen, Jalyn, Madeline, Kat, or Alora Rose. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Also, saying you are taking a leave and not retiring is entitled. You are assuming you are coming back with no need to re-audition or she's received some special waver by Kelli.. wouldn't surprise me. 

I think I may have to go back to 🤡🤡 on Victoria.

WHEW! It was a short ride on the VK train guys. Short, but kind of fun. 😂

• LOL 16
45 minutes ago, Lona said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPuAx5RsMo9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Victoria has made the announcement. Says it’s a “brave, mature and unselfish decision.”

mmmmmm. 🤔

Sheesh that makes it worse. She needs a new PR person. Just say that you made a decision. Saying that you made a "brave, mature and unselfish decision" is odd and honestly promotes much more speculation as to what the heck she's talking about.

That being said, I wish her well. I'm sure it was a difficult decision (the word difficult could have been used on her post!). 

• Love 17

I am baffled as to what kind of personal issues require a “brave, mature and unselfish” decision to step away. And it’s interesting to see how many current and former DCCs who are commenting with so much support on her post. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Also, saying you are taking a leave and not retiring is entitled. You are assuming you are coming back with no need to re-audition or she's received some special waver by Kelli.. wouldn't surprise me. 

There is such a precendence that all returning vets must re-audition, I don't think this will change for Victoria.

Edited by StellaCL
multi-quote problems
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3