Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

The squad has been selected! Discuss how they got there, how they're doing and what they're saying on Social Media.

And remember, there is no prize for consensus. Posters will have different opinions about people/situations. It is not their job to convince or persuade you. It is not a personal attack. It's just the spice of life. You can disagree respectfully, you cannot scold, lecture or demand an explanation. If a poster is violating the guidelines, REPORT but  do not respond. 

Happy Posting!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Agree that lots of people doing something doesn't make it right or classy, but neither does staying quiet and letting people say things about you that may or may not be true because it suits them.  Speaking out and speaking up has also led to others realizing that their treatment at the hands of certain people or businesses (not just Kelli, Judy, Charlotte or the DCC) aren't right and that could lead to change actually occurring.  Speaking up has risks but so does staying silent and whichever one a person chooses, they have to deal with the repercussions.

There's no reason to keep quiet, I agree. My only point is that there's a professional way to do it, and Hannah has chosen to go the emotional route.

• Love 3

Was it said somewhere that the squad photo was all photoshopped together? At first glance it looks amazing and once I zoomed in there are for sure some bits of wonkiness. Maddie’s face, Savannah’s head size. Also, poor Alanna is like baby in the corner (except almost the back row...y’all know what I mean.) Sheesh. At least my eyes go straight to her! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Was it said somewhere that the squad photo was all photoshopped together? At first glance it looks amazing and once I zoomed in there are for sure some bits of wonkiness. Maddie’s face, Savannah’s head size. Also, poor Alanna is like baby in the corner (except almost the back row...y’all know what I mean.) Sheesh. At least my eyes go straight to her! 

I feel the same way! Looks great from afar. But when I zoomed in, I saw some little things. I know they tried to make do with what they had so I give them a lot of credit  The photographer can only work with what he/she are given...

The wonky: Maddie, Daphne, Tess, Caroline, and the little blonde next to Alanna (Marissa???)...their faces all looked deformed. Photoshopping maybe to get the correct angle and lightening? Victoria looks like she got the weight-loss-by-photoshop treatment. I didn’t even recognize Jalyn, it doesn’t even look like her. And not in a good way. Amanda’s left eye is a little wonky, as though it’s looking up while her right right looks straightforward. But I think that’s just makeup and shadows.

The good: My eye goes directly to Alanna too! Which is good because I think she’s just gorgeous. But yeah it’s so strange that she’s so far back (both in the squad photo as well as in the triangle). Why is she on even ground with rookies?

The Rachels, Brianna, Ashlee, Gina, and Kat all look really good. Madeline M looks pretty good too. Since I didn’t watch the show this year I don’t know rookie names, but the curly dark haired rookie over Alanna’s left shoulder looks good too - she looks like she has a sexy spark to her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

@DCCOracle posted this in the Auditions thread: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=833564097375232

I remember a few years back during cameos Kelli made the comment about being sick of the arm over the head pose, yet were still seeing year after year the same pose. I don't mind it either way, but remembering her comment I always notice those specific cameo poses. This year alone iv already seen Armani, Dani, Mckenzie, Claire and Jada's on their instagram.

• Love 7

okay, so I went back to the first post made about this and still can't find  a response...

Can someone please fill me in on this whole diet camp and someone's boyfriend making a post or reply to something? I've seen several people repost it, asking the same, but no answer. I'm dying here 😔😬

• Love 4

Her hair is combed and parted the right way, her smile is just right, the space between her eyes is not too much, everything is just right. It has to be said, Marissa looks like a DCC on this photo. What a great photographer!

794729777_Screenshot2021-01-14at03_06_50.thumb.png.195dbff670b4b4d28c7bd3c9c372524b.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Pau84 said:

Her hair is combed and parted the right way, her smile is just right, the space between her eyes is not too much, everything is just right. It has to be said, Marissa looks like a DCC on this photo. What a great photographer!

794729777_Screenshot2021-01-14at03_06_50.thumb.png.195dbff670b4b4d28c7bd3c9c372524b.png

I know it may not be popular, and trust me, I legit thought she looked like a little kid and was on team "Heck no to Marissa" before the season started, but she killed it. My only complaint is she looks young, but as much as I want to, I can't hate on girls for their youth, at least not publicly 😄

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

I know it may not be popular, and trust me, I legit thought she looked like a little kid and was on team "Heck no to Marissa" before the season started, but she killed it. My only complaint is she looks young, but as much as I want to, I can't hate on girls for their youth, at least not publicly 😄

I think she's fine. I like the short hair and wish more of them had it. She's spunky and animated. In the side line footage, she add extra moves and punches that sometimes are annoying and wrong - but I'm used to seeing that from Gina too. Normally not much of a problem but really stood out when she was in a straight-line next to much less spunky dancers.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

She looks REALLY young, but I think the half smile did wonders for her. She's almost like Gina (her rookie year) or Chandler, she has a tendency to smile a little too big and this look is much more attractive and mature. I just still can't get over the way she acts on social media, the TikToks, etc. and that's my biggest problem with her, and the reason I think she should have been cut. But dance-wise, she has power and projection and doesn't have horrible technique.

Also WHEN WILL THE EPISODE BE POSTED ON CMT??????

Edited by DCCFan2021
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, INKWTWH said:

I keep seeing everyone refer to Hannah as being rude or sulky. To me she looked like someone who braced herself for some bitter news, knew the reasoning was absolute bullshit, and just wanted to get it over quickly without crying. I thought Brennan gave them more snark, and all power to her. How out of touch are Kelli and Judy that they wouldn't realise the veterans would immediately message each other about cuts? 

Kelli needs to watch Moneyball. There's a conversation where Brad Pitt's character is teaching the other guy how to let the players know that they've been traded or cut. His advice was keep it short, succinct, and to the point. Dragging it out doesn't help the situation. You could really see this in Lily's cut where she had to confirm with them that that's what the conversation was about. Just tell them they're cut and then tell them why and why it was a difficult decision. All this "it's coming to a close" and "the votes aren't falling in your favour" is just filler to make it seem more suspenseful on television. It's cruel to the women and makes Kelli look unprofessional. 

Okay this is the perfect example! Kelli was sitting there saying nothing and I’m like just finish the meeting. She always says “I don’t want to drag this out” but she definitely dragged out Brennan’s and Hannah’s meeting, of course for the drama but either way they said something they would have been screwed in editing the episode. Look how they edited Shannon’s cut when all she said “I believe that is all?” After Kelli said she handled it in a mature way so I think either way Kelli left it so awkward that any way Brennan and Hannah decided to respond it would have never been in their favor. 

or I can just be completely wrong and both zoom cuts edited some of the conversation out. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, INKWTWH said:

I keep seeing everyone refer to Hannah as being rude or sulky. To me she looked like someone who braced herself for some bitter news, knew the reasoning was absolute bullshit, and just wanted to get it over quickly without crying. I thought Brennan gave them more snark, and all power to her. How out of touch are Kelli and Judy that they wouldn't realise the veterans would immediately message each other about cuts? 

Kelli needs to watch Moneyball. There's a conversation where Brad Pitt's character is teaching the other guy how to let the players know that they've been traded or cut. His advice was keep it short, succinct, and to the point. Dragging it out doesn't help the situation. You could really see this in Lily's cut where she had to confirm with them that that's what the conversation was about. Just tell them they're cut and then tell them why and why it was a difficult decision. All this "it's coming to a close" and "the votes aren't falling in your favour" is just filler to make it seem more suspenseful on television. It's cruel to the women and makes Kelli look unprofessional. 

I think Hannah handled her cut better than Brennan and Lily. She wasn't warm but she's being fired. I don't think she needed to make it easier on them. Kelli really showed her true colors when she said that she was texting during Brennan's cut but then cries a few minutes later to save face. Hannah on social media is a different story though. 

Kelli wants to drag it out for CMT purposes. That's why she pauses so much so that it's easier for them to edit the footage. In the earlier seasons she was much more direct. 

Edited by writeme93
add in a sentence
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

They have put a clip up on social media showing how it was all shopped together since they couldn't do it normally.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Armani is a beautiful young lady but why the cameo with the arm above the head. Such an unflattering pose. 

Totally agree, they need to stop posting her with her arms above her head. She’s one of the unfortunate ones with bad discoloring (like myself). Or is that hair? Why would Kelli post this . I’m sure she’s embarrassed 

500886D0-81B9-4357-B96E-C5E587883C71.jpeg

1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

I wish they hadn't straightened Marissa's hair.   It's not flattering on her. 

I don’t mind it straight but preferred the curly as well! Reminds me of former DCC Christina’s comeback rookie camp. She auditioned with this great wavy hair, so perfect for her, and ended up with straight after her makeover. It was so boring in comparison. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Not a bad shot of Marissa. I expected to see her grinning as hard as she could at the camera like an excited puppy the way she usually did.  The straight hair, make up, and softer smile makes her look a little older. I prefer her curls myself, but this is good. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Am I the only one who think Kat's head looks smaller than her body? I don't know it looks like they've shrunk her head down. Maybe I am seeing things lol.

Capture.PNG.0f5368a903df2bda550d7052c50c542e.PNG

What the hell have they done to Tess' chest? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

okay, so I went back to the first post made about this and still can't find  a response...

Can someone please fill me in on this whole diet camp and someone's boyfriend making a post or reply to something? I've seen several people repost it, asking the same, but no answer. I'm dying here 😔😬

Diet camp - not the full TC experience 

Someone said Kristin’s bf posted on Kelli’s Instagram, but I only saw this

image.thumb.jpeg.dfc3a4a58f0cb6a44810673b1b1e8937.jpeg

• Love 11

I think my biggest problem with the vet cuts is that Kelli refused to say “you’ve been cut.”  Telling them they don’t fall in the top 36 is a cop out especially to Lilly who was at the last meeting last year when you decided to take 37. 

Zoom calls, I felt like Lilly was great. Brennan was on the verge of rude but I understood and Hannah was over it. I mean she was sitting in the hallway comforting her friends, she knew she was going to be cut. Post show, Hannah is straight up rude. She’s not trying to save face. She’s pissed and it shows. It’s not professional but I also don’t hate it. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

What the hell have they done to Tess' chest? 

In this case the personal pronoun is 'she'.

What the hell has she done to her own chest.

Back in 1920 when Tess joined the squad and East Texas Kelli had an 'one on one' with her during the uniform fittings, Kelli asked what she always asks and Tess confirmed it was a purchased enhancement (I am paraphrasing).

My question is

What the hell have they done to Armani's hair?

The one who parted her hair so severely should be punished with 2 days without internet.

959095074_Screenshot2021-01-14at16_03_37.png.a9ac67537966014409c65e492501afe3.png

Edited by Pau84
typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Back in 1920 when Tess joined the squad and East Texas Kelli had an 'one on one' with her during the uniform fittings, Kelli asked what she always asks and Tess confirmed it was a purchased enhancement (I am paraphrasing).

LOL, she has been on forever. I honestly don't think she's leaving either. She seems to be part of the major kiss up group. Rachel W, Victoria, Gina, Maddie, Caroline, Taylor -  I am betting they will all be back. The only people I see definitely leaving are Briana, most likely Kristin and Rachel (not W), maybe Savannah.

I also really believe that training camp for 2021 will NOT see another veteran bloodbath. Would any be at risk?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rocketts said:

I remember a few years back during cameos Kelli made the comment about being sick of the arm over the head pose, yet were still seeing year after year the same pose. I don't mind it either way, but remembering her comment I always notice those specific cameo poses. This year alone iv already seen Armani, Dani, Mckenzie, Claire and Jada's on their instagram.

www.facebook.com/32623101803/videos/263145331480397

(Sorry FB is not letting me post the video). 

Edited by MrsEVH
14 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

THIS.  👆👆👆

• Love 19
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I think they mean that Gina is coming back for a 5th season.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 6.36.23 PM.png

Ahh ok gotcha. Yeah, she will be back and so will that whole clique. 

1 minute ago, DCCOracle said:

mz50gXE0.thumb.jpg.37c51ab76b47b0197aa2a02325cfc60a.jpg

_slHPhwL.thumb.jpg.8f41b89b6fe43d5beb9e1005ee480ab1.jpg

Oh ok got it. I saw this. I do think there was something funky going on in that group. Are we to believe they put ALL THE DANCE RISKS together in the same group last year?  Not sure I believe the specifics but there is a mean girl inner clique vibe going on for sure.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AEJ79 said:

Yikes, these are not flattering at all.

I agree. Some of them (Lisa, Rachel A, Amanda) have really big teeth.  I don't care for Kristin's either. McKenzie's eyes don't match.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, sATL said:

Question: Given the season is over, when does this thread close and the 2021 thread open ?

This IS the new thread, the speculation one was locked 🙂 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

I really hope a bunch of the like-minded girls have a group chat where they absolutely clown on the stupid stuff done by K&J and some of their teammates (Rachel W), I would think they’d need the outlet when having to constantly present a perfectly poised public face 😂

• Love 11

Speaking of Tess' chest... this angle/pose is horrible and make them look extremely lopsided. (I know most women's are uneven, but not this bad.) This could have and should have been fixed in post, unless post just really wanted to do her dirty. 

TESS-2850.Headshot.jpg

Edited by Cure4Anxiety
Punctuation & clarification
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Speaking of Tess' chest... this angle is horrible and make them look extremely lopsided. (I know most women's are uneven, but not this bad. This could have and should have been fixed in post, unless post just really wanted to do her dirty. 

TESS-2850.Headshot.jpg

That happened with so many girls! I feel bad for them.

Three favorite headshots: Kelcey, Taylor, Alanna.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

That happened with so many girls! I feel bad for them.

Three favorite headshots: Kelcey, Taylor, Alanna.

Wow, yeah, looking back through it's the majority. Maybe the lighting wasn’t set properly?? 

Favorites for me are: Madeline, Amanda, and Rachel W. With honorable mentions for dare I say... Victoria and Marissa. Those were both surprisingly very flattering. 

Edited by Cure4Anxiety
Typos, ugh
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

In this case the personal pronoun is 'she'.

What the hell has she done to her own chest.

My question is

What the hell have they done to Armani's hair?

The one who parted her hair so severely should be punished with 2 days without internet.

959095074_Screenshot2021-01-14at16_03_37.png.a9ac67537966014409c65e492501afe3.png

I wish Tess would back away from the undereye concealer or highlighter or powder — whatever it is, the glare is blinding and you can see it from space.   I also wish they’d left Armani’s and Marissa’s hair alone.  I thought the hair they came in with was young, fun, spunky and fit their personalities.  Now Armani blends in and Marissa looks like a middle-aged realtor.  I did like Sidney’s curls, but it seems they’ve gone back to the standard DCC beach waves for her.  I think Darian would look better with several inches cut off.  She’s got a long, narrow face (as do I), and l think she’d look great with shoulder-length hair.  As for the new blondes, I can’t tell most of them apart.  

It feels to me like they swapped out Lily and Brennan for a couple of new blondes, and Hannah for Claire.  For whatever reason, it seems like they never really were sold on either Lily’s or Brennan’s looks.  They seem to like to have a powerhouse, sexy redhead with great technique (Emma, Holly P, lately Hannah), and when Claire showed up, they didn’t need Hannah anymore, especially if she was questioning their judgment and actions about the farce of a “bubble.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15