Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

Why are so many of them squinting and smiling so hard? Rachel W still looks dead in the eyes to me. Alanna, Ashlee, Briana, Cianna, Dani, Erin have the best headshots. VK's hair looks awful, really dry and frizzy. Gina's body is orange and her face is white. Chandi and Kat's hair looks weird. Kristin and McKenzie look half asleep. Tess looks like her boobs are about to pop. There's something about Jada that I like but her photo is not very flattering (looks very yearbook to me). Honestly, these cameos are RUBBISH! Get a new photographer please!

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

My question is

What the hell have they done to Armani's hair?

Oh my goodness, the extensions are so obvious. The textures don't even match. Why didn't they leave her hair alone?

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Oh goodness, Armani looks SO YOUNG in her pic! Like dress up young. She a cutie, definitely could have adjusted her hair and makeup so she didn’t look so baby faced. I didn’t see that as a potential issue in the show, so surprised at the end result. 

ETA: I’m an echo of @ByTor with my proclamation of goodness! 

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Has anyone signed up to the Star Style classes yet? I'm interested in getting a pass but will the fitness classes be added to the library or just dance classes? Also, how easy is it to cancel the subscription?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh my goodness, the extensions are so obvious. The textures don't even match. Why didn't they leave her hair alone?

I have to agree unfortunately. They just never seem to know which direction to take with hair when it comes to the black girls. These textures definitely aren’t a match. I liked her natural hair better honestly. 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I have to agree unfortunately. They just never seem to know which direction to take with hair when it comes to the black girls. These textures definitely aren’t a match. I liked her natural hair better honestly. 

And this year they even brought on a hairdressing partner who specializes in woman of colour, which makes the bad hair even weirder. 

1 hour ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Speaking of Tess' chest... this angle/pose is horrible and make them look extremely lopsided. (I know most women's are uneven, but not this bad.) This could have and should have been fixed in post, unless post just really wanted to do her dirty. 

TESS-2850.Headshot.jpg

I feel like whoever did the photoshop/editing of the photos really had a boob preference cause I've never noticed Tess' that much before but in this photo and the team photo especially it looks like she has Fs in her chest.

It's also why a lot of the girls look like they have tiny heads, cause their chest have been played with to look more busty throwing out their proportions.

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Chandi's headshot is the worst I think...it's so bad

Armani's hair is ROUGH...it almost looks like a wig but I guess not? The part makes it look like a wig

I feel like Elli's doesn't do her justice...same with McKenzie

Daphne looks like she just woke up...even more so than usual

I agree with what someone said above, Tess always has some under-eye concealer that is way too light. It's burned into my memory

• Love 3

Does anyone know if the DCC receive an end-of-year/end-of-season evaluation from K&J ? That way they know where they stand in the team of 36, what to work on, if they should come back, good reviews from the fans or appearances, etc 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Thoughts on cameos: Tess...yikes! For being world class, how did they think that was a good cameo? I wish they had left Armani’s hair alone. 

I was surprised Kelli personally wished Armani a happy birthday on IG. Has she ever done that before?

Speaking of IG, the amount of Maddie love is kind of shocking. You’d think she’s the only one who can dance/deserves to be point based on the comments.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

My question is

What the hell have they done to Armani's hair?

The one who parted her hair so severely should be punished with 2 days without internet.

I was in shock seeing what they did to Armani and Sydney in the finale. 

I realize that COVID did a great number on the hair salon industry - but surely they could have found someone with a better product selection of hair...I am sure for the right price a reputable celebrity weave stylist would have risked travel from ATL, LA, Chicago, NYC, DC,...

With that said - If they can now wake up ,look in the mirror, and get that tingly happy feeling inside that you get when you first get your hair done, right, then I will learn (hell, I might have 4 more seasons to stare) to be ok with it.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

I am literally "loling" at some of these head shots. Chandi and Daphne, yikes. But Erin's is amazing, and I don't think Jessica can take a bad picture. 

Erin's was definitely up there for me, but I actually didn't love Jessica's. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel like her eyes are slightly vacant. Smize girl!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Erin's was definitely up there for me, but I actually didn't love Jessica's. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel like her eyes are slightly vacant. Smize girl!

She's vacant in general, and I don't think it's necessarily a good photo of her, but she's beautiful to start with, so she was one of the lucky ones. 

I'm not expecting a lot of retirements this year. I know if I were a vet I would not want my final year to be this crappy year where they didn't get to dance on the field. That being said, my guesses for retirement are Briana, Kristin, Lexie. Maybe Savannah, especially since she keeps getting passed over for everything. 

I wish to heaven Maddie would call it a day, but I don't think she will.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Oh dear. Probably should of let the girls lake their own headshots with their phone cameras. Some of these are rough( poor Gina!!!!) but some look good. Everytime I see Kelsey, I can't get over how naturally gorgeous she is. Erin, Rachel A,  Dani, Alanna, Cianna, Taylor J, are my other fave headshots.  

Now that the season is over it's just the DCC banquet, ROTY/VOTY, and pinky rings right? Wonder if it will be virtual this year. 

Any guesses for ROTY/VOTY?

ROTY- Armani, Claire W, McKenzie. 

VOTY- Caroline, Gina, Kat, Taylor J. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Her hair is combed and parted the right way, her smile is just right, the space between her eyes is not too much, everything is just right. It has to be said, Marissa looks like a DCC on this photo. What a great photographer!

794729777_Screenshot2021-01-14at03_06_50.thumb.png.195dbff670b4b4d28c7bd3c9c372524b.png

I really wish TPTB would've made Marissa a redhead.  I think she would look stunning as a redhead like Savannah or Hannah honestly.  I think it would of made her blue eyes stand out.

22 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Am I the only one who think Kat's head looks smaller than her body? I don't know it looks like they've shrunk her head down. Maybe I am seeing things lol.

Capture.PNG.0f5368a903df2bda550d7052c50c542e.PNG

Tess's chest 😳

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I'm not expecting a lot of retirements this year. I know if I were a vet I would not want my final year to be this crappy year where they didn't get to dance on the field. That being said, my guesses for retirement are Briana, Kristin, Lexie. Maybe Savannah, especially since she keeps getting passed over for everything. 

I wish to heaven Maddie would call it a day, but I don't think she will.

I really hope Maddie and Tess both retire this year.  I also hope it is Taylor J's last year too.  I find her to be so boring that I forget she is on the team.  I think this could be Rachel A's, Lexie, and probably Jalyn's last year.  If I was Savannah I would retire this year since she does get passed up on a lot.  But I agree this would be a crappy year to retire from for anyone considering it.

Anyone else think it is odd that TPTB has Jalyn going almost back to her rookie audition hair color? Which they hated!  Unless it is just the photography.  

image0.jpeg

• Love 9

Headshots. not the best. 

Kat is entirely too gorgeous for those terrible wigs! Please stop doing her this way season after season lol. Kelcey is a cutie in hers and so is Dani. Those were my favs. Ashlee had the best headshot out of the WOC. Poor Jada, she looks 16 and that’s not meant to be a compliment. They’ll definitely have to sex her up next season because she just absolutely doesn’t look the part. Doesn’t look old enough to even audition. VK honey, your hair. It’s flat. 

10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

One of these things is not like the others

image.thumb.png.0a230331b57064239c7b2e3b590802a0.png

Who is that? And who is that next to her who isn’t facing forward minding her business? Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Headshots. not the best. 

Kat is entirely too gorgeous for those terrible wigs! Please stop doing her this way season after season lol. Kelcey is a cutie in hers and so is Dani. Those were my favs. Ashlee had the best headshot out of the WOC. Poor Jada, she looks 16 and that’s not meant to be a compliment. They’ll definitely have to sex her up next season because she just absolutely doesn’t look the part. Doesn’t look old enough to even audition. VK honey, your hair. It’s flat. 

Who is that? And who is that next to her who isn’t facing forward minding her business? Lol

Erin is the one not minding her business lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I also hope it is Taylor J's last year too. I  find her to be so boring that I forget she is on the team.

I find Taylor J to be relatively harmless. And I do appreciate her work as a teacher.

However I did find it tragically hilarious that CMT had a whole segment filmed for her one-day tryout and then decided “naaaaah”! 😂

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone else think it is odd that TPTB has Jalyn going almost back to her rookie audition hair color? Which they hated!  Unless it is just the photography.  

image0.jpeg

I thought Jayln had maroon or some odd hair color when she auditioned. She was brunette when she was on the Jets

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DCCdoll said:

I see Kelsey lowrance has been going to a lot of dcc prep classes. Do y’all think she will reaudition ? 

Not a chance with the "talent" they have now auditioning lol  Kelsey was a slow learner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

How have have WoC on the team got worse hair this year than other years (so much worse they what they brought to TC) when this year DCC partnered with a salon who specializes in WoC hair. They did a massive promo about it and used  bunch of the girls!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, DCCOracle said:

HQ from the website. 

squad.thumb.jpg.a605ab5c215e2a9026ab69b8b81b748f.jpg

It was obvious even from a distance that this was photoshopped together because of the light reflecting on the top of so many different girls' heads. It would be physically impossible for that many of them to be backlit that way in a group, especially the girls who were kneeling in the front.

But this was just some straight up lazy I don't give a fuck anymore photoshopping:

DCC.jpg.2584ef09cb392952d86e7b24f3930f0d.jpg

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2021 at 3:29 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Diet camp - not the full TC experience 

Someone said Kristin’s bf posted on Kelli’s Instagram, but I only saw this

image.thumb.jpeg.dfc3a4a58f0cb6a44810673b1b1e8937.jpeg

I've never had much of an opinion on Kristen. She always seemed like a quiet, sweet girl who liked to dance. She is quickly becoming a favorite. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, DCCdoll said:

I see Kelsey lowrance has been going to a lot of dcc prep classes. Do y’all think she will reaudition ? 

Can you remind me, since it's not coming on Google- what happened to her? 

20 minutes ago, WoofDCC said:

Can you remind me, since it's not coming on Google- what happened to her? 

She retired after 2 years.  Then decided to do minor (?) facial and boob things and isn't as pretty  (in some opinions) as she was as a DCC.  I really liked her.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

How have have WoC on the team got worse hair this year than other years (so much worse they what they brought to TC) when this year DCC partnered with a salon who specializes in WoC hair. They did a massive promo about it and used  bunch of the girls!

what is the name of the salon ?

In looking at the headshots, my favorite photos were of (in no particular order): Kelsey, Amber, and Ashlee. My least favorite photos involve the eyes... Amanda appears to be looking in two different directions; Claire looks like she is squinting;  Kristin has sleepy eyes; and McKenzie has one eye squinting. It can be difficult to get a good photo when you are facing head on into the lens.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was obvious even from a distance that this was photoshopped together because of the light reflecting on the top of so many different girls' heads.

I was able to tell it was photoshopped because they all look oddly "flat."

1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Kristin has sleepy eyes

Kristin always has sleepy eyes, though. I think that's part of why she was cut in her 1st TC.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Erin is the one not minding her business lol

Honestly I had to hunt at first because all I saw was a waistline not like the others.

Who is that with no arms up at all?

Re:  cameo shots--are the shorts getting shorter again?

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 1

I tuned into the last episode rather late and missed the facetime video cuts. They just posted the video to Instagram and my goodness it was bad. My heart goes out to Lily, Brennan, and Hannah for having to relive that moment over & over again for the sake of entertainment. Very classless on behalf of Judy and Kelli. If I didn’t know any better, I’d bet there was never a Covid scare. That was the excuse they came up with so they wouldn’t have to face these ladies in person. How low and disrespectful!  Lily’s heart was broken, Brennan was truly disappointed in the process and their decision, and Hannah saw the bull crap coming. The moment Hannah answered, she knew what the call was about and she was itching to read both J&K for filth. I’m not making sense of Ashlinn being cut. If she was so great, how in the heck did Alora Rose, Sydney and Jessica slither by? Oh wait, one was a rockette and the other went to pro bowl. Big deal. Ashlinn had the DCC look more than those girls. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm over the days of hairography.  Would a girl with a cute cropped cut ever be considered?

Teri Lynn from the 2012 squad had short hair.

DCC_12TeriLynn-cameo.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was obvious even from a distance that this was photoshopped together because of the light reflecting on the top of so many different girls' heads. It would be physically impossible for that many of them to be backlit that way in a group, especially the girls who were kneeling in the front.

But this was just some straight up lazy I don't give a fuck anymore photoshopping:

DCC.jpg.2584ef09cb392952d86e7b24f3930f0d.jpg

I totally agree, it’s obvious it was photoshopped (but I think they did a good job given the circumstances). This looks to me like there is a wrinkle/fold in Tess’s vest that is creating an illusion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

I totally agree, it’s obvious it was photoshopped (but I think they did a good job given the circumstances). This looks to me like there is a wrinkle/fold in Tess’s vest that is creating an illusion. 

Yeah the photos in general I'm not going to critique too much because Covid kind of messed up everything. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

That’s not an illusion. That’s sloppy/lazy/incompetent editing. The white vest is not attached to the inner arm area of the blue blouse. That white line is the backdrop and should have been photoshopped out. And I’m not giving whoever made this a mistake a pass due to “circumstances.” This photo didn’t get released until January so they had months to edit the photos and create the composite. Multiple people (Kelli, Charlotte, etc) looked at it before approving it so a lot of people are at fault here. I have terrible eyesight and I spotted it right away. 

• Love 17
On 1/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, DCCOracle said:

mz50gXE0.thumb.jpg.37c51ab76b47b0197aa2a02325cfc60a.jpg

_slHPhwL.thumb.jpg.8f41b89b6fe43d5beb9e1005ee480ab1.jpg

Interesting. I’m always hesitant to completely buy insider information on the DCCs because it so often seems to come from sources who have a settle to score. However, this made me think of a post a while ago talking about how the LSU girls seemed to all be full of drama. At the time, Tess was the one who people said was an exception. I guess not lol! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13