Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

So VK has her My Boots, My Cause, posting up on IG....  guess what...  it’s about Bullying!!!  Just waiting for her to get some attention from TPTB, giving VK more of a spotlight to talk about how everyone is so mean!  Surprised she hasn’t blamed Auntie Kelli for being mean and burying her in the triangle!  How could she get attention there?  😆😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

So VK has her My Boots, My Cause, posting up on IG....  guess what...  it’s about Bullying!!!  Just waiting for her to get some attention from TPTB, giving VK more of a spotlight to talk about how everyone is so mean!  Surprised she hasn’t blamed Auntie Kelli for being mean and burying her in the triangle!  How could she get attention there?  😆😂

I'm surprised she didn't make it about cyberbullying. I remember in S14 they talked about that and how VK got a lot of hate online. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Is she buried? Because she appears to be in Hannah's old spot. Third back center?

I don't think her cause is a bad one. She got a lot of hate (though she also gets a crazy amount of love). What I don't see her out there doing is speaking to the issue and how it relates to others. She's not defending her teammates for the hate they are currently getting. It's one thing to say your cause is "bullying" but its a whole different thing to stand up and use your voice against it - for others.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Just waiting for her to get some attention from TPTB, giving VK more of a spotlight to talk about how everyone is so mean!

[DELETED]

Edited by Lona
Regret the comment :(

Didn’t I read somewhere on this board that Judy posted a comment that those retiring are posting it on their social media pages? (I couldn’t re-find it)  Does anyone recall this? If so, has anyone seen an actual retirement post from a vet?  Or if not, disregard this post ...with my apologies.. 🤷‍♀️

24 minutes ago, TN DCC fan said:

Didn’t I read somewhere on this board that Judy posted a comment that those retiring are posting it on their social media pages? (I couldn’t re-find it)  Does anyone recall this? If so, has anyone seen an actual retirement post from a vet?  Or if not, disregard this post ...with my apologies.. 🤷‍♀️

She was referring to the vets who retired this last year since they weren't going to mention it on the show like they have in the past.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She was referring to the vets who retired this last year since they weren't going to mention it on the show like they have in the past.

I always found it a little sad that retired vets got to do those goodbye messages but cut veterans couldn't. So I'm glad this year the retired ones weren't on the show.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

instagramphotodownload.com_marissa.thumb.jpg.d51cf8e0717b7ae78978c1ce7aa00c59.jpg

Marissa posted her cameo photo on Instagram. Personally, the pose makes her look shorter, but what do you guys think?

This is a beautiful picture - I think she looks stunning here! I think her hair frames her face well, her makeup is done well, and her expression isn't exaggerated. I'm short lol so it don't really notice anything wrong with the pose 😂

I think in the season 1 intro Judy described Kelly as the ideal DCC because of her bright eyes and beautiful smile (or something to that effect), and I think Marissa shows both of those qualities here. Kudos to her on the hair and makeup! (I promise I'm not a Marissa stan haha)

I agree with other posters that the oversized sleeves are not cute. The size makes the fabric seem heavy, which makes it look cheap, and with her small frame, having such large sleeves looks odd as part of an otherwise form-fitting and revealing uniform. (Normally I like the sleeves so I don't know why I think they look bad in this picture.) Also, I don't know if she edited the color to post the picture or if the DCC photoshop team did, but this shade of blue looks dated and tacky. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I agree with other posters that the oversized sleeves are not cute. The size makes the fabric seem heavy, which makes it look cheap, and with her small frame, having such large sleeves looks odd as part of an otherwise form-fitting and revealing uniform. (Normally I like the sleeves so I don't know why I think they look bad in this picture.) Also, I don't know if she edited the color to post the picture or if the DCC photoshop team did, but this shade of blue looks dated and tacky. 

The thing I dislike about the sleeves are the gathered poufs at the shoulders. They're smaller than they used to be but they still seem very dated to me.

• Love 3

I just saw on DCC Tik Tok the video Savannah, Chandi and Erin (i think) made for Xmas 2019 singing and dancing to Mean Girls.

At the very end there is a split second of Kelli acting the part of the Mom. It's so brief that it looks like the video was cut off.

Did they post the full version of this somewhere? 

12 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

It really is so sad that veterans who are cut are basically ignored. Just because they didn't make the team for a 2nd or 3rd year doesn't mean their time on the team wasn't valuable to the organization, or important to the women (and their teammates).

I feel like a really simple solution, from a social media perspective, would be to make a post on the official DCC account (after the show's finale) in the same format as the posts the retirees get.

So, like post a gameday picture with the caption: "Veteran X is leaving after Y years on DCC. Drop a 💙 to let her know she will be missed"

Also, I've noticed the DCC: MTT account posts a lot of throwback scenes. I think it would be cool if a couple of days after an episode airs where a vet is cut if the MTT account would post a throwback scene that shows the cut veteran in a positive light. 

For example, post a scene from last year where Hannah gets praised for her solo with a caption like "While Hannah unfortunately did not make the team this year, we remember what a standout she is and all that she brought to the team during her time as a DCC"

Out of respect for these women and their time on the team, it would be nice for them to at least be acknowledged on the show. For example in the talking head that Kelly does at the end of each season where she talks about how hard training camp/selecting the team is, she could acknowledge the veterans they cut (whether it was in finals or TC). 

I imagine it something like this (please indulge me playing director 😂😞

<Kelly looking contemplative in her talking head> "This year training camp was really difficult. The aspiring rookies showed why they wanted to be on this team, and while I'm so glad that we had such talented training camp candidates to choose from, that unfortunately meant I had to make some really difficult cuts as director, including four beloved veterans. 

<intersperse shots of each veteran from previous seasons as Kelly talks about them>

<Kelly smiles wistfully>

"Meredith was one of an absolutely stunning dancer with beautiful technique and a beautiful smiles. She was one of my personal favorites during last year's audition process. Hannah was a brilliant woman and a fierce dancer. She was really passionate about the causes she believed in and she brought that same passion to DCC. Brennan is the epitome of resilience, her willingness to go through our audition process so many times speaks highly of her character. Lily was a driven young woman and her love for the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders was so evident. 

Each of these women, in their own unique way, was a beloved teammate, and each of these women were so special in what they contributed to the organization. While the direction we're moving with this year does not include them on the team, each of these women will be a part of the DCC sisterhood forever. 

<Kelly smiles brighter>

That being said as a world class organization, we always have to push the bar higher. I'm really excited about the skills, and drive, and passion that each of our new rookies brings to our team. I am so excited to see what this upcoming football season brings as these new rookies begin their DCC journeys and as this team finds it own identity in the storied history of the DCC"

It's such a double standard that women trying out for the team are expected to be so invested in making the team and being a DCC, but if they're cut the organization pretends like they never existed. 

(Sorry for the long post, this has always bothered me)

Beautiful.  You should be Kelli's writer.  This would have done so much good.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I just saw on DCC Tik Tok the video Savannah, Chandi and Erin (i think) made for Xmas 2019 singing and dancing to Mean Girls.

At the very end there is a split second of Kelli acting the part of the Mom. It's so brief that it looks like the video was cut off.

Did they post the full version of this somewhere? 

If I remember it right, that was the full video.  This one, with Maggie, is still my fave:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdG3KZ6j3zn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

My fave rookies are Claire, Dani, Elli, Mackenzie, and Jada. I really love Rachel W. as point, and I hope when Maddie leave that she shares point with Caroline, Kelcey, or Amanda.

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, ellebee94 said:

Generally I agree with both of you but her fiance has cancer, so I assume thats why they're rushing this.

The discussion of Marissa's age and whether or not she should marry surprised me a little to be fair....True, in the 21st century most people marry when they are a little older (at least in most parts of the US and Europe) But not all do so. Yes, you could argue that she is young, immature and has a life ahead of her so why the rush? But in her defence:

1. You cannot decide when you meet your Mr Right. (If at all!) And when you do and you are happy.... why not.

2. Mhe current divorce rate is about 1/3 of all marriages if I remember correctly and people from all walks of life, all ages, whether they dated for 10 years or 10 months get a divorce...(heck, my parents divorced after 30 years together after the kids had flown the nest) 

3. I didn't know her boyfriend is a cancer survivor. But do not underestimate what that does to a relationship. A loss or a serious disease either make or break a relationship. I take it they have both learned life can be brutal and that a relationship is not just a fairytale but really for better or worse, in sickness and in health....In that respect she is probably more mature and wise than a 25-year-old who's never suffered a setback in life.

But...that is my opinion... I wish them all the best!

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

The discussion of Marissa's age and whether or not she should marry surprised me a little to be fair....True, in the 21st century most people marry when they are a little older (at least in most parts of the US and Europe) But not all do so. Yes, you could argue that she is young, immature and has a life ahead of her so why the rush? But in her defence:

1. You cannot decide when you meet your Mr Right. (If at all!) And when you do and you are happy.... why not.

2. Mhe current divorce rate is about 1/3 of all marriages if I remember correctly and people from all walks of life, all ages, whether they dated for 10 years or 10 months get a divorce...(heck, my parents divorced after 30 years together after the kids had flown the nest) 

3. I didn't know her boyfriend is a cancer survivor. But do not underestimate what that does to a relationship. A loss or a serious disease either make or break a relationship. I take it they have both learned life can be brutal and that a relationship is not just a fairytale but really for better or worse, in sickness and in health....In that respect she is probably more mature and wise than a 25-year-old who's never suffered a setback in life.

I actually like Marissa and that may be one reason I said something about she was way too young to get married.    I can give many reasons (one of which involves baby carrots), but I am much older and wiser than she.  I also wish her the best in her relationship and hope she has a long engagement.

• Love 4

Saw some pictures of Victoria out with a boyfriend- it is on her IG.  Saw the pics on FB first and one pic on FB in color.  He is very handsome. They look so cute together! Happy to see her dating and having some fun. 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
Updates
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LilyDutch said:

We all have different opinions but wish them well 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I'm willing to bet some good money but I see a second season of DCC: Brides happening soon to feature Veruca.

Veruca 1.png

I know this is going to shock some people but she looks so pretty in this picture.  In some of her DCC pictures, she looks SO over-the-top with over-processed, dried-out, bad hair and makeup that walks into a room 10 minutes before she does that I sometimes have to wonder who she is (at least until I see the gummy, full-of-teeth smile). 

I won't take your bet because I can just about guarantee that, should Victoria get married (especially if she retires just before she does), she'll get a special as well.  I remember when Cassie's then-boyfriend proposed, he got to do so on the 50-yard-line.  The only reason I remember that was because I remember Judy, Kelli or someone similar saying that they've had people (from the general public) ask to propose to their significant others on the 50-yard-line and they're always told no.

• Love 11

Awww, they're a pretty cute couple.  And as a six foot tall woman, I always love seeing other tall ladies rocking their heels!  I was all about it in my 20's.  

I think VK is part of the same "constantly flip my hair" club as Danielle, but Danielle has fine hair that falls into place a little tidier.  VK messes with hers too, and because it's thick and highlighted, the texture makes it look a little messy.  Probably the game ready hair product too, as it looks tousled but nicer here than in her cameo, for example.  My mom was always chasing after me to put on my lipstick and brush my hair, and so many of my VK's pics make me chuckle because of it.

• Love 4
On 1/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, sATL said:

Does anyone know if the DCC receive an end-of-year/end-of-season evaluation from K&J ? That way they know where they stand in the team of 36, what to work on, if they should come back, good reviews from the fans or appearances, etc 

But wait, then they can't change it and edit it to fit "the narrative" lol

On 1/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, MrsEVH said:

Teri Lynn from the 2012 squad had short hair.

DCC_12TeriLynn-cameo.jpg

Anne Lux had short hair too

• Love 4
On 1/16/2021 at 2:14 AM, onthebubble said:

If Maddie tries out again, what year will she be? 6th? I 100% think she will be back and be back for a 7th year too ... I think she will try to keep up with Sydneys 7 years. 

Im sorry, she never struck me as DCC look/type.  i will never get used to her as point... well 1/2 point.  i know she has her fans and is probably very sweet.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Now that the rookies are able to post their experience, who had the best and worst audition videos? 

Go! 

Not many have posted Armani posted hers Marissa posted hers 

14 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I'm willing to bet some good money but I see a second season of DCC: Brides happening soon to feature Veruca.

Veruca 1.png

I hate the foot up pose. This is not a complaint specific to Victoria but it's just a pet peeve of mine because it looks so posed and fake and it serves no purpose. "I just happened to be standing her with one foot in the air!" You can achieve the same lines by just beveling your foot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I remember Judy, Kelli or someone similar saying that they've had people (from the general public) ask to propose to their significant others on the 50-yard-line and they're always told no.

🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think VK is part of the same "constantly flip my hair" club as Danielle, but Danielle has fine hair that falls into place a little tidier.  VK messes with hers too, and because it's thick and highlighted, the texture makes it look a little messy. 

Right? I have very thick, coarse hair that's ridiculously dry (like a vat of oil on my head won't help dry). If I flipped my hair around for a whole game, I'd look like a werewolf by the end LOL.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Right? I have very thick, coarse hair that's ridiculously dry (like a vat of oil on my head won't help dry). If I flipped my hair around for a whole game, I'd look like a werewolf by the end LOL.

image.png.d654af0257619d6ceb2a01cd3173fc9b.png

My hair is long, naturally wavy and frizzy! Thank god for serums and straighteners!

Edited by rl27rl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

Is Kelli wishing DCC cheerleaders a happy birthday on IG a new thing? I saw she did it for Madeline and Armani.

She's had a lot of criticism about not caring about the girls much recently so maybe this is her way of trying to show she does?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3