Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

To be fair the tick tock thing is something the watchmen are known for saying so it could be less of a clue and more in keeping with the character of Dr. Manhattan.

I agree. I doubt tik tok is a clue. (I'm personally hoping it's Rachel W not because I have anything against her but I just prefer other girls for point)

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

Okay here is another idea.. maybe Chandi? Seems like all her close friends have retired.

No! No no no no no. Please no! 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Soon. Very soon. 

They will reveal themselves. 

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

A35599AD-B549-4815-8FEE-0CE1479ABF70.jpeg

I mean, you could put us out of our misery and anxiety or take pity on us and tell us like you told us of the 8 retirees 😇

• Love 5

If its Veruca the only reason would bc she is preggers no way she's giving up those boots nor would her mama let her! If it's Lexie, whatevs I thought she was going to retire so is it really earth shattering? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

If its Veruca the only reason would bc she is preggers no way she's giving up those boots nor would her mama let her! If it's Lexie, whatevs I thought she was going to retire so is it really earth shattering? 

I think the "surprising" part could be about why they are retiring and why they didn't announce with the rest of the group. Do we really think someone just happened to change their minds at the last minute?  Not so sure the "surprising" has to do with who it is.  Maybe more about the "why" it is. Also, I know up thread it said it was a cheerleader but lemonbus and Manhattan aren't the ones who said that. I cant scroll on this device so I'm not sure who said it was definitely a cheerleader. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I think the "surprising" part could be about why they are retiring and why they didn't announce with the rest of the group. Do we really think someone just happened to change their minds at the last minute?  Not so sure the "surprising" has to do with who it is.  Maybe more about the "why" it is. Also, I know up thread it said it was a cheerleader but lemonbus and Manhattan aren't the ones who said that. I cant scroll on this device so I'm not sure who said it was definitely a cheerleader. 

Oh yes, someone did say it was def a cheerleader upthread... oh love your screen name, i have a tuxie rescue cat and he is my everything! :-)

• Love 3

I won’t be horribly surprised if/when VK retires earlier than the five year mark...I think we’ve all had something in our lives that we thought we wanted more than anything. And then we get it and it’s like, well shit. This is not all I wanted it to be. 

And that’s without a lifetime of expectations and pressure (and a reality show, woof.) She’s had a rookie year, a vet year, and not a darn thing wrong with checking that off the bucket list and moving on. I don’t think she will, at least not before a more normal veteran year, but two and out or three and out is still a good run. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well Mandy retired last minute because of weight talks. Lauren retired last minute because of her injury. Taylor P retired last minute because she wanted to go back home I guess. So it does happen. 

Thats my point. There is always a  "why."  Weight. Injury. Homesick. Something other than "I just decided it was enough." The official retirement announcements just came out. Why wouldn't this person just announce with them? Why wouldn't they clump them all together? What happened between then and now? So the surprise might be about the why and not necessarily the who. Or maybe it's Judy. 

45 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Oh yes, someone did say it was def a cheerleader upthread... oh love your screen name, i have a tuxie rescue cat and he is my everything! :-)

Tuxedo cats are the best obviously!

19 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I won’t be horribly surprised if/when VK retires earlier than the five year mark...I think we’ve all had something in our lives that we thought we wanted more than anything. And then we get it and it’s like, well shit. This is not all I wanted it to be. 

And that’s without a lifetime of expectations and pressure (and a reality show, woof.) She’s had a rookie year, a vet year, and not a darn thing wrong with checking that off the bucket list and moving on. I don’t think she will, at least not before a more normal veteran year, but two and out or three and out is still a good run. 

Story of my life. Sometimes you wish and hope for something and when you finally achieve it ... well.. okay...eh.

I also think it's interesting if its Victoria. Tina obviously planted the DCC fantasy in Victoria's mind from birth. But it wasn't all glorious for Tina. She was cut for weight and its a sensitive subject for her and now for her daughter too. That's a difficult burden to pass on to a daughter. If Victoria does retire and its because she no longer wants to struggle with the idea of body "perfection" than I will be the first one to applaud. She has so much good life ahead of her.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

If Victoria does retire and its because she no longer wants to struggle with the idea of body "perfection" than I will be the first one to applaud. She has so much good life ahead of her.

I've always felt it would be in Victoria's best interest to get away and experience life on her own.  Even if she chose to go to college or take a year and live/work elsewhere.  It would give Victoria the space to spread her wings and breathe without being supervised by her Mother.

• Love 8

i feel bad for victoria because it seems like DCC weight is something very hard for her to achieve and maintain. she's 'normal' thin, but in DCC land, that's not enough. was she the one who people recently said looks soft again? or was that lexie? or both?

• Love 5

Hello. 

Victoria Kalina is no longer a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. 

If that's all the information you wanted, then feel free to ignore the rest and go about your day. 

However, I ask that you please understand. 

There is no need to "celebrate."

It was a very hard decision for her to make. 

Victoria Kalina is not the villain in this story. 

No matter how it turned out.

I'll let other "insiders" share what they want. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
Just now, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

If that's all the information you wanted, then feel free to ignore the rest and go about your day. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

Hmmmmmm. Is this like when someone said Gina retired a couple years ago?

Also I originally read this as Tina Kalina not Victoria and I was like, “oh finally!”

• LOL 18
3 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

Wow this was shocking, I don't even know what to say but hope mentally she'll be okay. 

• Love 18

Bummed for her that she didn’t get a “normal” vet year, but like I said in my post a little bit ago...nothing wrong with two and done and moving on to the next dream. Hope she’s content, healthy and happy in her next endeavors, no matter why she’s no longer a DCC.  (Signed someone who has always been pretty VK neutral and thinks TK is kind of a hoot, if wicked over the top.)

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

Victoria is a beautiful young lady both on the inside and out. She is caring, compassionate, talented and has a heart of gold. I’m sure this wasn’t an easy decision for her and I wish her all the best in whatever path she chooses to follow. ♥️ 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

I wish her the best.   It wasn't a perfect tenure, but I hate when someone leaves something that was their dream with a bad taste in their mouth.

• Love 11

I hope it was indeed her decision. I hope it wasn't due to unrealistic organizational expectations or unfair outside scrutiny. I hope she loves herself and her friends and I hope she moves on to a wonderful, liberating and positive future.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, CruiseGirl said:

Victoria is a beautiful young lady both on the inside and out. She is caring, compassionate, talented and has a heart of gold. I’m sure this wasn’t an easy decision for her and I wish her all the best in whatever path she chooses to follow. ♥️ 

I just had a post talking about VK a few days ago (removed, I phrased a sentence poorly that broke forum rules). To summarize my thoughts - I felt like she earned her spot in season 14, that she was used to spin the show in season 13, and I thought her DCC career would have been more successful if she had gone to college and tried out when she was 22 or 23, opposed to 18.

She never irked me like she did others in S13 — she was effusive and lacked polish, and in that respect, she reminded me of myself. I am glad she came back stronger and had two successful years with DCC.  Her future is bright.

Who knows? Maybe like her mom she will try again someday.

• Love 10
Just now, heckkitty said:

ok I'm not a VK fan, but this is really, really surprising to me, and i'm feeling a bit sad for her. I'm having a hard time believing it, honestly.

same. this spooky dr. manhattan person was right before, but i don't wanna eat my hat until i see an official announcement

• Love 11

What if????  What if VK is Dr. Manhattan????  What if she got mad at someone and released the retirees and got found out by TPTB????  Her choice was to continue on under that dark Jenna-esque cloud and she decided to just move on.......

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

It's over. 

Gooodbye. 

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

whatttttttttttt

this is was NOT expecting!

hard decision - was it her own or like a Holly P situation where she decided last minute to retire instead of being cut?! Or broke contract?! 

Poor Victoria!

• Love 5

The word "villain" has me a bit upset. Did she realize she was being used for a "reality" storyline? If that's the case, she must be crushed & TBH I am crushed for her, I know how it feels to be disappointed by someone you thought would always be in your corner.

• Love 13

I knows she is a very polarizing person here, but I hate that she retired after a Covid year. Maybe being a DCC wasn’t all she thought it would be. Maybe she has a boyfriend and wants to be with him? Whatever it is, I hope she’s happy with her decision. I was never a huge fan, but I am neutral about her. I actually despise tptb for their antics regarding her, not Victoria herself. She’s a 21? year old girl and I wish her the best, along with all the retiring girls.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The word "villain" has me a bit upset. Did she realize she was being used for a "reality" storyline? If that's the case, she must be crushed & TBH I am crushed for her, I know how it feels to be disappointed by someone you thought would always be in your corner.

I really hope she isn’t/wasn’t being used fora stupid story line either. Unfortunately, she wouldn’t the first or the last. Maybe the show just needs to be done. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Victoria is a sweet amazing person and I wish her well I know she is going to do amazing things 

I am hoping that this announcement means that she is going to college or maybe just wanting to live life offline. She was a DCC for two years - no shame in that. There is a larger world out there than the Dallas Cowboys and the DCC. Go enjoy some pizza and a beer in a public. 

• Love 21

Manhattan is also on another forum and added "Tina Kalina is not the villain" to the same announcement.

Of course that leads one to wonder... is there a villain and if so who...

It could be referring to a general sense of things and how she has been treated on some of these forums in the past (treated like a villain)  or it could indicate that there is much behind the scenes. Some disagreement perhaps. Another potential expose regarding body image. But I tend to think it's just referring to the scrutiny she normally gets.

Recall she danced at one show group performance this summer, but not the one after.  Perhaps TBTB did not feel she was uniform ready. I'm not agreeing with that. I'm just stating its a possibility.  Then maybe she decided that there was no way to healthfully be ready in time - especially knowing how relentless and unforgiving the public would be.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

I think that 18 is just too young to be on a reality TV show.  

Yes it is. IMO it's too young for DCC.

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

Wow wow wow. I am shocked. Any insiders willing to share some of the reason why?

edited to add: was this what she wanted?

On reddit.. so not reliable... someone said they texted one of the DCC who confirmed it was a cheerleader. Then someone else said they confirmed it was Victoria and said they "heard  it was weight related"

BUT THAT IS NOT CONFIRMED... confirmed...just sort of confirmed...

It would make sense though since the other 8 "retirement announcements" were only released a short time ago. Its strange to have Victoria be a separate 9th.

• Useful 6
3 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Soooo I’m sure the person who stated it on Facebook may well state it on here - Kelli went to town on poor Victoria in the office 😕 Victoria is walking away 

I don't have Facebook - was anything else said in that post?

• Love 7

If it is true that Veruca was asked to retire then it’s sad for her however she of all people should understand what “uniform ready” means she grew up in DCC land if she didn’t respect the process by now does she deserve the boots? We know she didn’t respect it her first tryout we thought she matured but the rules don’t necessarily apply to her so why should she respect them? I’m not saying it’s not sad for her but it’s probably for the best maybe she did try to maintain a uniform figure & her body just isn’t built for it Do I think that’s the case not really but she’s sooooo young go on with your bad self Victoria, fly, be free! Have two milkshakes spiked at that life is meant to be lived there is life outside of AT&T stadium trust me! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Opine said:

What if????  What if VK is Dr. Manhattan????  What if she got mad at someone and released the retirees and got found out by TPTB????  Her choice was to continue on under that dark Jenna-esque cloud and she decided to just move on.......

I guess you PT people get that I was kidding.....someone on FB seems to think I really thought that.  This is a follow up to my earlier post about how much fun I am having not with the retirement (I knew we'd find out sooner or later), but who Dr. Manhattan is!!!  That's what's exciting to me!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

I don't have Facebook - was anything else said in that post?

I don’t want to kicked from the group or break the rules of it - I really like the group! But the fundamentals of it, Kelli used her and threw her out like trash, pulled her into the office over her weight and really laid into her. For someone who watched that girl grow up from a child, in her own home and played with her own children it’s just made me dislike Kelli even more. I did like Kelli but sometimes questioned judgement or how things are handled - we all do things differently - If it’s true what I read there’s very possibly bridges burnt behind the scenes. 

VK was basically being used for storylines, just thrown out after Kelli gave her a verbal bashing and no longer has any use for her.

I’m sure the original poster will at some point come on here and fill in gaps and correct any of my errors 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Soooo I’m sure the person who stated it on Facebook may well state it on here - Kelli went to town on poor Victoria in the office 😕 Victoria is walking away 

Don't be shocked by what I'm about to say, but, in a way, I feel bad for Victoria as this was her "dream" (not sure if it was hers or her mom's).  She worked hard to come back after being cut that first year and had improved (not as much as I would have liked, but had improved).  However, given her weight gain this year, it makes me wonder if she was being intentional with her eating and working out.  There are ways to lose weight in a healthy manner as well as the "quick fixes" that aren't that great.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria's weight was the bone of contention this time.  Kelli likes girls to be underweight (unhealthily so for some).  However, Victoria knew the standards and either couldn't maintain weight or didn't feel the standards regarding weight applied to her.

I guess the show really went to Kelli's head if she really DID use Victoria for ratings then threw her out like last year's trash, especially since she did everything she could to shoehorn the girl onto the squad.  Guess Kelli didn't get the ratings she was after and would rather ruin a girl's life and dreams over ratings then anything else.

I also wonder if Kelli ruined her lifelong friendship with Tina and that family over this situation.  It isn't like we (and they) didn't see this coming.  However, people seemed to ignore the red flags regarding Kelli.  I'm wondering if Charlotte is beginning to look at cutting Kelli and replacing her with someone who has more empathy, compassion, intelligence and maturity.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 18
(edited)

I will say Victoria not being a cheerleader anymore makes me sad. I’m not sure why she was always pinned as a mean girl. She was not the mean girl of the team and just seemed to love what she did. She grew up in a studio and was completely dedicated to her dream her whole life and maybe lost a little bit of the socializing she needed. She does not have that typical Dallas girl personality that blends in with the rest of those girls. Who are not all as nice as they seem. I think she abused her status as a legacy due to immaturity/wanting to succeed and climb the ranks in the DCC world but you have to give it to her. She responded to every single fan comment and even DM’s she received which the only other DCC who does that is Gina(who I love). The girl truly loved what she was doing and I feel bad that her experience was robbed by people who were way too bothered by someone they don’t know and it would not be surprising if her teammates alienated her as well. Victoria, I pray you find peace, happiness, and a way to continue doing what you love. I do not feel she deserved the extent of what she was given. 

Edited by dfwxo
Typed fast and missed some words lol
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I don’t want to kicked from the group or break the rules of it - I really like the group! But the fundamentals of it, Kelli used her and threw her out like trash, pulled her into the office over her weight and really laid into her. For someone who watched that girl grow up from a child, in her own home and played with her own children it’s just made me dislike Kelli even more. I did like Kelli but sometimes questioned judgement or how things are handled - we all do things differently - If it’s true what I read there’s very possibly bridges burnt behind the scenes. 

VK was basically being used for storylines, just thrown out after Kelli gave her a verbal bashing and no longer has any use for her.

I’m sure the original poster will at some point come on here and fill in gaps and correct any of my errors 🙂

Thank you for sharing! I certainly don't want to get you in trouble! I wonder how it truly went down. There are always three sides to a story - my side, your side, and the truth somewhere in the middle, am I right? I have to imagine our insider is getting the details from the VK camp as to make VK look sympathetic and now Kelli is the big bad meanie for using this for storylines?

I can see a world where VK has been warned all season, and finally, Kelli pulls her in, tells her "no more warnings, here's where we're at - you're not going to make it past finals / into camp" (however they are doing it this year). Which then leads to her and VK getting into an argument about it(since we know VK will push back on / lie to Kelli) and Kelli just getting exasperated with it and yelling. I assume nothing was filmed so we will never know....

• Useful 1
  • Love 10