Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E02: Week 2

JenE4
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Anyone surprised Victoria's name was the last one called for the group date?

Yeah, me neither.

I hate to rag on someone's appearance, but Victoria is really common looking.

It's almost like they advised her to look as terrible as possible!! at the rose ceremony she wore NO MAKEUP from what I could see.  And that dress with the ruching and the visible black bra straps and the slit in an odd place and the terrible print and the puffy sleeves was an abomination for the ages!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Captain Asshat said:

"I like that" and "I love that" are staple responses when a date says something they don't know how to reply to. I've noticed it for a couple of years now.

That...or lean in for a kiss.  Are these producers all fifteen years old now?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

It's almost like they advised her to look as terrible as possible!! at the rose ceremony she wore NO MAKEUP from what I could see.  And that dress with the ruching and the visible black bra straps and the slit in an odd place and the terrible print and the puffy sleeves was an abomination for the ages!!

She wore a black bra under the wedding dress ... and we could see the back bra band as she and Prince Charming walked away for their "talk."  Either SHE knows how to look ridiculous or some producer has hated her since 7th grade.

I watched Jimmy Kimmel's interview with Matt the night of the first broadcast.  Matt (how much was he paid?) actually said that ALL THE GIRLS really enjoy Victoria.  The YouTube clips are all too long, so I didn't want to post one here.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Matt (how much was he paid?) actually said that ALL THE GIRLS really enjoy Victoria. 

Maybe that's true,  but from reading here I'd say ALL THE VIEWERS really hate Victoria.

About her eyes ... didn't a promo show a fist fight during the wedding-dress-paint-throwing contest? They do like to show us teasers that are never shown on the episode.

11 hours ago, rebel2u said:

And @saber5055,  consider us your family, of sorts.  We're here every Monday night for a good part of the year--it's more than I see my real (biological) family!  

Thank you @rebel2u. Monday nights posting here is the highlight of my week. (Which shows you how sad my life is.) But seriously, you guy are so fun. And special thanks to @JenE4 for starting this thread.

• Love 15

I think that the producers went with Matt and then realized how low key he truly is, so they brought in Victoria and Katie to ramp up the drama.  Katie may be laying low for now (let Victoria be the current focus), but she brought her dildo and made quite a spectacle of it during the first night, so I feel that she is just waiting in the wings for when Victoria leaves.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Katie may be laying low for now (let Victoria be the current focus), but she brought her dildo and made quite a spectacle of it during the first night,

I had forgotten all about the dildo. So THANKS A LOT for reminding me. LOL!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I had forgotten all about the dildo. So THANKS A LOT for reminding me. LOL!

It says a lot about a contestant when her level of vileness (OK, she's not really vile...she's just tediously OTT) makes us forget about the woman who, just last week, we saw bring a dildo, show it to Matt, wave it around during the cocktail party, and even offer it to another contestant.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Who actually finds Victoria entertaining? She's annoying and the manufactured "drama" with villain plants that the show is stuck on has long-since been played out. Speaking for myself, stop wasting my time and lets get on with it. 

• Love 16

I don't find Victoria entertaining in the least, and that applies to Matt, too.  I came very close to giving up on this show mid way through last night.  I give it one more week.  Was the only incentive to cast Matt that he was friends with Tyler and  Hannah B?  Did he ever display any compelling personality?  He may have a great body, but I can't see much else.  As for Victoria, she's just an unnecessary irritant that is way beyond believability.  So far, this season is just annoying and a snooze fest.  

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

I don't find Victoria entertaining in the least, and that applies to Matt, too.  I came very close to giving up on this show mid way through last night.  I give it one more week.  Was the only incentive to cast Matt that he was friends with Tyler and  Hannah B?  Did he ever display any compelling personality?  He may have a great body, but I can't see much else.  As for Victoria, she's just an unnecessary irritant that is way beyond believability.  So far, this season is just annoying and a snooze fest.  

I agree, other than I was starting to enjoy the show for a bit when he was having some conversations with the other ladies before the Victoria thing happened.  I felt like there were some nice discussions and I was finally getting to know some of the others.  THEN the bachelor producers decided all we cared about was Victoria, and nothing else happened the rest of the cocktail party.  I, too, was about ready to abandon the show as that is not what I or anyone else comes to watch.  The comments are the same every where else on social media--people are tired of the stupid people getting all of the air time.

• Love 6

I love that Matt is appreciative of the women's ability to "articulate themselves" — they must  be really bendy and flexible! The bachelors usually don't learn facts like this until the fantasy suites!

Matt is starting to bore the crap out of me. He lacks that "It" factor that some guys manage to show off on a show like this. If he was in a group of contestants on The Bachelorette, I would find him undistinctive. He nice, but vanilla. Dare I say basic? Family/faith, faith/family, reverse, repeat ad nauseum. 

The bachelor used to be thought of more as the "most eligible bachelor" type, a sophisticated jetsetter, a renaissance man, well educated, well traveled, with money in the bank, a variety of interests and able to speak on numerous topics, while playfully flirting with a variety of women. I miss that idea for this show. That was early days, when we got Aaron, who could play the piano and owned his own bars, and Andrew, the vineyard heir.

I can't believe he didn't see right through Bitchtoria's whinging. This dude has little experience with women and the show, and it is showing.

I do like having all fresh faces — nice decision. Even so, I would have preferred Mike from Hannah's season. He had a personality.

What was Bitchtoria wearing at the rose ceremony? That dress looked like it was made from a bedspread from gramma's house, following her design for a lampshade.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, cowgirlwen said:

Victoria, you are not literally a queen.

No, but she is literally, like a homely moron.

How can these producers - ahem CHRIS - be so myopic that they think the viewers find her entertaining?

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I can see some of the Bachelor rejects being on BIP, but I don't think the producers would want Victoria, and certainly not the guys.

Oh lordy, let's not put this out to the universe. I still kind of like that show, but it would be a hard pass if that happens!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Victoria is the least attractive of all the women. The prettiest, by far, is the one with the blond curls. (MJ?) She reminds me of an actress, I just can't figure out who.

Keri Russell circa 1990s Felicity, maybe, or Julia Garner?

This show is so triggering to my misophonia. One day my prayers will be answered and the skin-crawling, smack-kissing right into the microphone will be silenced in the editing room. Alas, today is not that day.

First one-on-one date with Bri. I’m sure there was a very detailed ATV riding lesson that was edited out. It’s a dangerous vehicle. This was pretty much my worst date nightmare. Riding ATVs, splashing through mud, pretending I’m having fun doing it. Nope.

Bri’s mom had her at 13. Not only am I older than Brie, I’m older than her mother. I'm Clare's age! I guess I'm aging out of this show...there goes my chance in Bachelor Nation.

Oh yay, another wedding gown photo shoot. Poor Matt looks so bewildered and uncomfortable around Victoria. I don’t even blame Victoria for being the producers’ chosen drama llama, and for how stilted and monotonous she sounds when reciting the lines she’s being fed. I just want the obvious instigation to stop.

Oh, it gets worse. Much worse. Yay, another gratuitous fight game where no one gets to spend time with the lead. I hope they cleared that field of poison ivy. Girlfriend was wearing a shower cap so she wouldn’t get paint in her weave. YES, finally some truth on this show! Maybe this will be the season we see shower caps and silk wraps in the hot tub, instead of relationships based on lies.

Lots of talking. I tuned out a bit. Tuned back in to see Sarah get the rose. More misophonic torture.

I’m so used to the cocktail parties being cancelled, having one actually happen seems subversive . The chyrons are still needed. I have no idea who these women are. Oh, orchid girl is Marilyn. Victoria doesn't like her. Matt is taking Victoria’s trash-talking seriously and taking significant time away from the 20+ other women to get to the bottom of it. Sigh.

On to the rose ceremony. Sarah must have locked her knees (guaranteed way to pass out if you’re standing at attention for a while), and now it’s TBC.

Edited by Sheikh Yerbouti
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I love that Matt is appreciative of the women's ability to "articulate themselves" — they must  be really bendy and flexible! The bachelors usually don't learn facts like this until the fantasy suites!

Matt is starting to bore the crap out of me. He lacks that "It" factor that some guys manage to show off on a show like this. If he was in a group of contestants on The Bachelorette, I would find him undistinctive. He nice, but vanilla. Dare I say basic? Family/faith, faith/family, reverse, repeat ad nauseum. 

The bachelor used to be thought of more as the "most eligible bachelor" type, a sophisticated jetsetter, a renaissance man, well educated, well traveled, with money in the bank, a variety of interests and able to speak on numerous topics, while playfully flirting with a variety of women. I miss that idea for this show. That was early days, when we got Aaron, who could play the piano and owned his own bars, and Andrew, the vineyard heir.

I can't believe he didn't see right through Bitchtoria's whinging. This dude has little experience with women and the show, and it is showing.

I do like having all fresh faces — nice decision. Even so, I would have preferred Mike from Hannah's season. He had a personality.

What was Bitchtoria wearing at the rose ceremony? That dress looked like it was made from a bedspread from gramma's house, following her design for a lampshade.

Bitchtoria - a one tree hill reference ? 

eh , every season people want a specific guy to be the bachelor and when he is , everyone rags on him for being too boring or disingenuous or too this or too that . It’s generally not their fault . The producers don’t show us the real conversations they have . That doesn’t mean they’re not having them . They show us the same stuff every season, so much so that the dialogue is nauseating and predictable . I can’t remember a time where they showed the contestant saying to the lead , “ so tell me about yourself .” It’s always the lead asking the contestant questions about family and narrating to us in talking heads that so and so isn’t being vulnerable and open enough and if they don’t open up more during the dinner portion of their date , they’re not gonna give them the rose . It’s the same thing every season which tells us that the leads have to follow a script .  So while he might not be the ideal bachelor for reasons you listed , the producers/ editors cut out a majority of what the lead says and does to fit their narrative . 

Also , it’s not that he doesn’t see through Victoria . No ones that dumb . It’s that the producers want to keep her on the show as long as they can , so they do what they have to do to keep her there . And I guess that includes having the lead “ believe “ her . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Lots of lookalikes to me:

Mari - combination of Fergie from Black-Eyed Peas and Holly Marie Combs from Pickett Fences

Kit - Taylor Swift

Katie - former Bach and BiP contestant Russian Kristina

Rachel - Mila Kunis

Lauren - Angela Bassett with Katherine Zeta-Jones' eyes

Sydney - Tracee Ellis Ross and Omarosa (from The Apprentice)

23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The prettiest, by far, is the one with the blond curls. (MJ?) She reminds me of an actress, I just can't figure out who.

Sheree J. Wilson from Dallas

2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Sarah is sweet. And very pretty.  She reminds me of a young Meredith Grey (for you Grey’s Anatomy fans!) 

Yep.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:43 PM, clubsauce said:

Willem Dafoe + Arnold Schwarzenegger + not sure what else = the wedding photographer

Yep...and the not-sure-what-else is Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones with a little Rob Estes from Melrose Place

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

The whole Victoria things is weirdly low rent. She’s not particularly attractive and dresses very 80’s mall discount store. If she’s a plant, her acting is below my public high school drama club. She’s just sad if it isn’t a joke. The rest of the women look so well put together that she’s just jarring every time she’s on screen. 

More Chelsea please! 

This show has always been about perfect bodies and other shallowness. Victoria definitely does not meet the standards with her cheap ill fitting clothes and average body.   She probably auditioned using this schtick and someone inexplicably thought it was great.  

• Love 4

Well, I'm watching this now and I haven't read any posts yet. Last week I kind of liked Victoria. I thought she was in on the joke and became obnoxious after she had a few drinks. Now they're about to start the group date and she is obnoxious. What a mass of insecurities! She's like a tangled, knotted ball of yarn.  I hope Matt cuts her soon because she is already very tiresome.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I

I was listening to a podcast and the guest asked if Matt was the hottest bachelor. He then asked if he was the most eligible. The female host said, “well...no...not most eligible. I prefer a man with a career...call me traditional.” Having a job is such a basic thing. I don’t dislike Matt and understand he’s still “figuring it out.” But the show chose a guy who admitted he was broke in NY before this and that’s why he didn’t date much before the show. And I follow him on social media and I don’t even think he has the job he used to before he was chosen. (What are these people going to do if instagram crashes and they can’t shill?)

So you have all these beautiful women, who must have one or two good options in real life if not several, lining up to date a guy who doesn’t have a job and hadn’t dated much because he was broke (so no money in the bank) and likely isn’t close to ready for marriage. And I’m not seeing any charisma to make up for it. Poor thing is so awkward he kisses with his eyes open.

Edited by dirtypop90
Typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

So Sarah said her dad was supportive of her leaving to find love?  So she can’t find it locally?  And she is a private person and can’t open up to Matt but can all of a sudden open up to him while millions of people watch?  If you think about....it’s really makes no sense.  

Sarah quit a broadcast job to be home, because her dad needed a care taker.  

Then she LEFT to be on the Bachelor?  I don't get it.   If her dad is able to get along without her while she's on the Bachelor, why did she have to quit her job? 

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Lots of lookalikes to me:

Mari - combination of Fergie from Black-Eyed Peas and Holly Marie Combs from Pickett Fences

Kit - Taylor Swift

Katie - former Bach and BiP contestant Russian Kristina

Rachel - Mila Kunis

Lauren - Angela Bassett with Katherine Zeta-Jones' eyes

Sydney - Tracee Ellen Ross and Omarosa (from The Apprentice)

Interesting how we all see things. I don't see any of the above except the Tracee Ellen Ross. The only resemblance I saw to anyone is that Bri, fleetingly when she smiles, reminds me of Alicia Keys. But only slightly.

i do like a lot of the women so far, but one that I don't is Khaylah (spelling)? That is, I think she's the one who at the beginning of this episode was the overwrought type. "I may not have time with Matt and if I don't I'll die, it will kill me." I know that's not verbatim, just paraphrasing, yet I just hate that when they don't know him at all. Of course I know this is the standard trope, but so early and so intensely is irritating. 

• Love 6

Ugh Victoria is horrible and if I close my eyes she sounds like Rachel Reilly talking. But Rachel is much more tolerable. I see Matt was told to give her a rose since the previews make it obvious that she stays. Plus she has no taste in clothing.

Sarah reminds me of Analeigh from America's Next Top Model.

Matt sure was nervous during the rose ceremony. His hand was shaking, so was the rose. I suppose the producers told him he had to keep Victoria and he was dreading giving her a rose and having to endure a hug from her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, saber5055 said:

Matt to Bri: "I love that."

Watch for that line on the next SNL parody of this show. It's their favorite.

It definitely was Ari's favorite line, over and over again.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:34 PM, tennisgurl said:

Good God this date could practically field a football team. 

I was thinking they could play baseball. Matt could DH for both sides.

11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that the producers went with Matt and then realized how low key he truly is, so they brought in Victoria and Katie to ramp up the drama.  Katie may be laying low for now (let Victoria be the current focus), but she brought her dildo and made quite a spectacle of it during the first night, so I feel that she is just waiting in the wings for when Victoria leaves.

Maybe they will have a scepter/dildo duel, fencing up and down the stairs.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I can see some of the Bachelor rejects being on BIP, but I don't think the producers would want Victoria, and certainly not the guys.

No, they are saving her to be the next Bachelorette. Just think of the hunks who will want to meet her - like Lenny and Squiggy. Chris Bukowski will show up for a last chance rose.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

No, they are saving her to be the next Bachelorette. Just think of the hunks who will want to meet her - like Lenny and Squiggy.

Squiggy ... RIP.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Plus she has no taste in clothing.

I'd bet she's a plant ... and the clothing choices belong to some mean production assistant.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, alexa said:

I felt like there were some nice discussions and I was finally getting to know some of the others. 

I don't remember if everyone had to be "vuh-nerable" on Tayshia's semi-season...but she did dig in pretty deep--sometimes it was humiliating to the contestants and the viewers.  Now MATT also needs everyone to be vulnerable...and appreciates it when they are?  What wack-o producer (undergoing decades of therapy) feels it necessary to force vunerability?  Or does gossipy Chris Harrison need to know?

4 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Poor thing is so awkward he kisses with his eyes open.

And that lithping roaming tongue.  Not pretty, Matt.  NOT. PRETTY.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sarah quit a broadcast job to be home, because her dad needed a care taker.  

Then she LEFT to be on the Bachelor?  I don't get it.   If her dad is able to get along without her while she's on the Bachelor, why did she have to quit her job? 

I thought she said she quit her job five years ago to take care of him, but his Alzheimer's hasn't progressed as rapidly as everyone thought it would. If that's all she's done for the last five years, and there's other family to assist him, I'd imagine she needed a break from reality for a bit. And it sounds like the father is still lucid enough to agree, if I understood the conversation correctly.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, EllenB said:

I thought she said she quit her job five years ago to take care of him, but his Alzheimer's hasn't progressed as rapidly as everyone thought it would. If that's all she's done for the last five years, and there's other family to assist him, I'd imagine she needed a break from reality for a bit. And it sounds like the father is still lucid enough to agree, if I understood the conversation correctly.

I think he has ALS so is disabled in many ways.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

I was listening to a podcast and the guest asked if Matt was the hottest bachelor. He then asked if he was the most eligible. The female host said, “well...no...not most eligible. I prefer a man with a career...call me traditional.” Having a job is such a basic thing. I don’t dislike Matt and understand he’s still “figuring it out.” But the show chose a guy who admitted he was broke in NY before this and that’s why he didn’t date much before the show. And I follow him on social media and I don’t even think he has the job he used to before he was chosen. (What are these people going to do if instagram crashes and they can’t shill?)

So you have all these beautiful women, who must have one or two good options in real life if not several, lining up to date a guy who doesn’t have a job and hadn’t dated much because he was broke (so no money in the bank) and likely isn’t close to ready for marriage. And I’m not seeing any charisma to make up for it. Poor thing is so awkward he kisses with his eyes open.

Huh. So this show set him up like he’s some sort of an independently wealthy philanthropist with his charity for homeless kids—but it turns out he’s just bringing these kids to these fancy restaurants to get a free meal himself? That’s resourceful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's been over a year of so-called crises but now real hardship has darkened my doorstep as I am composing this missive on an iPad instead of a nice fast PC with my beloved ergonomic keyboard.  I've dropped from 140 wpm to a meager trickle of characters and the constant need to correct typos.

I can't say much more except a) it's warmer here than where you are and b) I'm not involved in any Bachelor-related production.

The magic of technology allowed me to view this episode from a great distance.  But like all bargains involving magic there is a dark side.  A hidden cost.  A bit of irony and tragedy to tarnish the genie's offering. In this case it is the obvious and forced 45 degree jamming of Victoria into every scene, scenario, conversation, competition and ceremony.  Her antics are so over the top that one fully expects her to break the fourth wall and wink at the camera or to utter Shakespearean asides.  We can be excused for thinking her name isn't even Victoria but was actually Melissa or Julie when she registered with the casting agency in LA where, conveniently, she is from.

The constant training of cameras on Victoria means, unfortunately, that we must focus on her also, at least temporarily.  There hasn't been a plant this obvious since a Buick station wagon smacked into the General Sherman sequoia.

If Victoria is, in fact, 28 then those are all some very rough city miles featuring potholes, ruts, and missing manhole covers. Those dark circles stretch from her nose almost to her ears and the makeup and lighting professionals are apparently powerless to rectify them or to reduce the glare off her oily nose. Is Victoria putting away a full bottle of Cabernet per night? Polishing off an order of General Tso's chicken before bedtime? Based on her shapeless arms possibly both.  That ain't a little bit of subcutaneous baby fat - that's the real adult version.  A bully as written in the script, she's a 6 ft Amazon towering over her petite peers and terrifying them by honking through her nose like a riled-up goose.  Sleeping on the couch?  Off you go, Vic.  You probably snore louder than a leaf blower anyway.

Jessenia puts it into eloquent Bachelorette-ese: 'The energy that kind of, like, kind of melts off of her is, like, kind of intense.'

An ATV ride in SW PA is the proverbial busman's holiday.  One can find ATVs and trails anywhere in a 40 mi radius.  An expensive resort property not required.  We can be excused for thinking that every date this season will involve a soak in a pool or a hot tub no matter how remote the site.  Bri is putting it in the shop window and Matt buys immediately.  

Anna is LITRALLY gnashing her teeth again...unable to converse without appearing to bite the air. If we must endure it at least she's gunning for Victoria.  The only person on-set who will listen to Victoria is a production staffer as a flash of mask reveals.

The early introduction of a hate figure, a lightning rod, is a 'tell' that the producers don't have heaps of confidence in their casting choice(s) or in the outcome where things haven't gone to plan for numerous seasons now no matter how stirring the music or how loud the cymbals hiss. Diverting early onto Drama Drive and adding filler is a sign of cynicism and desperation.  If it works out for TB the they'll leave most of Vic on the cutting room floor.  But there she is front and center.

The bridal paint war is, I suppose, preferable to the period-costume photo shoots that are a staple.  I've seen and met many photographers who don't flame harder than the Olympic torch but another staple of any Bachelor photo shoot is a fabulous, flamboyant loudmouth with a camera.

I can't believe I'm going to suggest reality TV get real but donating the wedding gowns to those Appalachian locals who desperately want but can't afford them would be better than ruining them in an hour with paint and mud.  Put the girls in camo and have at it while saving the gowns.  

'Not all the ladies will go on a date each day'...but of course Victoria is here.  Tacky to the last, she thinks that soul-kissing looks good in photos.  Matt should have given her tongue a hard bite for sticking it in unannounced. 

Jessenia is here to tearfully issue her very long shopping list of demands for her future mate.  Anyone who claims to be 'looking for a rock' is committing a Freudian slip.  She's looking for a diamond and also revealing in Freudian fashion that she's emotionally unstable.

Another dose of Victoria castor oil:  'I think he did think that I was just this fun girl all the time.' Even dopey Matt isn't that dopey.

Sarah gets a biplane ride but the biplane merely circles the property.  The golf course is nice but not that nice.  She's nervous but not nervous enough to have forgotten an animal print bikini!  ROWR!  Devastating personal tragedy out of the way, let's suck face!

Matt is checking in with his obvious favorites including Abigail and Rachael [natch]. That extra A in RachAel is throwing me off. Kit's bored monotone is actually endearing in an odd way. She's got that dead-behind-the eyes look that is common to kids raised in tony urban environments where most interaction is with dead-behind-the-eyes adults. Kit's way of expressing comfort with Matt is to tell him she's climbing the first hill of a roller coaster.  But isn't that where the panic and screaming start?

Victoria Falls is in Africa.  Lions are in Africa.  Lions, despite their reputations as noble hunters, are more than happy to attack the weakest member of a herd.  Marylynn, already meek and mild, has received a flower from Matt.  An orchid, not a rose. Victoria is insanely jealous. Perhaps her anger has something to do with the floral cap-sleeve dress fashioned out of Grandma's old silk drapes.  Maybe she's angry that, with the dress and the chunky gold necklaces, she's being forced to recreate a prom night from 1978. Maybe it's all the wardrobe people could find in her size, making her even angrier. 

I think we've had an interrupted rose ceremony before, specifically by a fainting spell, but here we are again.  At least a few of the favorites get their roses before Sarah - already home and dry from her date - collapses.

Alas, it looks like next week is more of the same with Matt failing to get the lionesses to sheathe their claws.  Again.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

ALS is horrible, for the patient & their loved ones, no question. Please know that I'm not doubting that at all.  But is it really "opening up" & "revealing" yourself to say that your dad, someone who is not you, has it?  Basically, she "opened up" & told Matt where she lives & what she does with her time & that she's close to her family ("Family is everything to me," said 3 times by my count, 4 times by my partner's).  That's not all that revealing, is it?  Bri revealed things about what she looks for in relationships and why, her insecurities, & what she feels has been missing in her life that she hopes to make up for in the family she'll create with her husband.  The other woman said she brushes her dad's hair, which is sweet but it doesn't tell me a lot about her, except maybe that she likes to sit still & make repetitive arm motions. I have no idea what Matt was so blown away by her revealing unless it was her blue eyes, downcast glance, and shy smile.  

I know they're not there to make friends (tm every reality contestant ever) but it really irritates me when they know the lead is asking about a baseless accusation & the others don't stand up & defend the person accused. It's not getting in the drama, it's putting a stop to the drama. It's showing the drama starter that all of you, as a group, will not put up with their shit. Rather than whining that Victoria stole their time with Matt, they all could have marched in, told Matt it was about Victoria, not Marilyn & said, "Now let's go on with the party." They have no one to blame but their passive selves if they didn't get to talk to him.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

The other woman said she brushes her dad's hair, which is sweet but it doesn't tell me a lot about her, except maybe that she likes to sit still & make repetitive arm motions.

This made me burst out laughing. I'm pretty sure Matt would probably enjoy some repetitive arm motions. 😂

• LOL 14

My interest in Matt is dropping.  I was excited at first and thought he was a great choice.  He is still OK.  But I don't think he is the great catch anymore.  I enjoy riding ATVs.  I just don't understand why a guy would drive so reckless with an inexperienced rider on the back.  This is suppose to be a woman he cares about.  Yet he really put her in danger.  Not cool Matt.  Then there is the kissing.  Yuck.  I just hate to watch him kiss.  He looks so sloppy when he is kissing.  I am another one that would not enjoy sitting around talking about family and faith with him.  Those really seem to be his subjects of interest.  His looks just are not enough to keep me interested.  He definitely has a great body.  I just don't think his face is anything special.  

I have had enough of Queen Victoria.  It is so obvious that Matt does not enjoy kissing her.  He needs to stand up to TPTB and refuse to give her a rose.  She is hogging all the time.  She simply is not a good enough villain to build a show around.  

• Love 14

I’m just watching. Sarah is sweet. And very pretty.  She reminds me of a young Meredith Grey (for you Grey’s Anatomy fans!) 

Sarah also reminds me of Annie Murphy who plays Alexis Rose on Schitt's Creek.   She's cute and seems like a nice person.   BUT she is already starting with the "if he's keeping Victoria around, then maybe he's not the guy I think he is" routine which is ridiculous one week in when Matt barely knows most of their names at this point.   And the fact that she fainted when she already has the rose, it may turn out to be that the stress of this show is too much for her.  

Not sure why Matt felt like he had to pull Marylyn aside to flesh out Victoria's accusations instead of just filing it in his memory bank and getting to know them both better to judge for himself.  Either that or decide to send them both packing at the rose ceremony and not insert himself into the situation at all.   

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, neece26 said:

Sarah also reminds me of Annie Murphy who plays Alexis Rose on Schitt's Creek.   She's cute and seems like a nice person.   BUT she is already starting with the "if he's keeping Victoria around, then maybe he's not the guy I think he is" routine which is ridiculous one week in when Matt barely knows most of their names at this point.   And the fact that she fainted when she already has the rose, it may turn out to be that the stress of this show is too much for her.  

Not sure why Matt felt like he had to pull Marylyn aside to flesh out Victoria's accusations instead of just filing it in his memory bank and getting to know them both better to judge for himself.  Either that or decide to send them both packing at the rose ceremony and not insert himself into the situation at all.   

I think when it is someone that actually had a full date with them it makes a little sense to question their sanity about liking a psycho person, lol.  I would probably feel a bit the same way--like, what is wrong with you?  Were you pretending to be normal with me?  

I totally agree about pulling Marilyn aside.  It is quite obvious a group of girls will not all get along, esp when chasing the same man, that Victoria is a bit off and a producer plant, and that he should know and understand the ability to think it over on his own.  It also doesn't help give the person being accused a chance to be their best self, because you basically are accusing them of something they may not have done and then they are on the defensive the rest of the time.

• Love 4
On 1/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, EllenB said:

I was confused by that conversation. Her stated age is 24, and she says she quit "anchoring" to care for her dad some years ago (I didn't hear her say five years though). If she graduated from college at 21/22 like most people, when did she have time to become a news anchor? How long was her "career" before she left it? Either she's a wunderkind who finished college in her teens, or she's lying about her age, or she never had a much of a career in news to begin with.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I was confused by that conversation. Her stated age is 24, and she says she quit "anchoring" to care for her dad some years ago (I didn't hear her say five years though). If she graduated from college at 21/22 like most people, when did she have have time to become a news anchor? How long was her "career" before she left it? Either she's a wunderkind who finished college in her teens, or she's lying about her age, or she never had a much of a career in news to begin with.

Good point! Did she call herself an anchor, or is that her screen label? I really doubt she’s ever been an anchor. Field reporter, okay. Traffic girl, sure. But anchor even in a small TV market, not buying it. 

• Love 7

1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

My interest in Matt is dropping.  I was excited at first and thought he was a great choice.  He is still OK.  But I don't think he is the great catch anymore.  I enjoy riding ATVs.  I just don't understand why a guy would drive so reckless with an inexperienced rider on the back.  This is suppose to be a woman he cares about.  Yet he really put her in danger.  Not cool Matt.  Then there is the kissing.  Yuck.  I just hate to watch him kiss.  He looks so sloppy when he is kissing.  I am another one that would not enjoy sitting around talking about family and faith with him.  Those really seem to be his subjects of interest.  His looks just are not enough to keep me interested.  He definitely has a great body.  I just don't think his face is anything special.  

I could tell he was not into Bri by his actions during the date so I was surprised by certain recappers shipping them. Before tipping her over, he was zig zagging quickly in front of her and splashing her with the mud. Then after she asked to get on his bike (I noticed he didn’t ask her to hop on) he proceeds to act like a teen and tip it over. 

Matt would be more attractive with just a tad of charisma. It doesn’t help that some of us just watched Tayshia. I understand everyone wasn’t a fan but she could work a room and make each man believe she was into him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Good point! Did she call herself an anchor, or is that her screen label? I really doubt she’s ever been an anchor. Field reporter, okay. Traffic girl, sure. But anchor even in a small TV market, not buying it. 

Her ABC bio calls her a broadcast journalist but she definitely told Matt that she "quit anchoring" to care for her dad.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I decided to bypass this season, because Matt held no interest for me and I don't like aimless people who just exist on social media.  But I like Reality Steve, and read his column.  From the info coming along about Victoria, I had to see her for myself. 

I got through this latest episode to where he dumps the ATV & basically decided I was right to stay away.  She's a laughable caricature, so poorly conceived and executed.  And Matt is just as dull as I had feared.  Life is way too short.  I can't get my 20 minutes back, but now I have ZERO curiosity about anything in this season!  

Hopefully there's a decent Bachelorette coming out of this dumpster fire!  *LOL*

• Love 4
On 1/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, funnygirl said:

Who actually finds Victoria entertaining? She's annoying and the manufactured "drama" with villain plants that the show is stuck on has long-since been played out. Speaking for myself, stop wasting my time and lets get on with it. 

Not me. She might be the most over-the-top, scenery chewing "villain" since model Jordan or Chad. 

The outfits are the giveaway to me, there is just no way that the wardrobe choices are for real. And as refreshing as it is to see someone's actual skin on this show without 7 layers of contour, foundation, fake eyelashes and Botox, why would she choose to wear absolutely zero makeup to cocktail parties? Whether she was planted by production or has just studied reality tv long enough to follow the villain playbook, none of it is real and it's tiresome. 

Not that I watch this show for any kind of "right reasons" or anything, I just like my villains to be genuinely entertaining.

• Love 7