Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E02: Week 2

JenE4
  • Start Topic

Ugggghhh looks like we are stuck with Victoria for another week, because this show not only hates its contestants, but also us. 

We could be dealing with a real Luke P scenario where one horrible attention sucking nightmare person ruins the whole show and the Bachelor/ette refuses to acknowledge that every person in the house hates the same person. Victoria had better be a plant or Matt might have the worst taste of any Bachelor in quite some time. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Victurdia's dress is like the one in Sound of Music that the nuns tried to give to the poor, but the poor didn't want it.

Like the puffy sleeve shirt from Seinfeld that went to the homeless.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, IceBear said:

Does anyone know what happened to Victoria's eye? It looked dark and puffy during the rose ceremony. Allergic reaction? Fist? 

She was accessorizing her unfortunate fashion sense.

• LOL 8

Does Matt like any of these women? The one on ones bored me to pieces. I saw a bit of spark between him and the black attorney but she seems too smart for him (sorry Matt fans). I don’t see him picking nice and normal Abigail. 

I can’t believe the producers thought any of this was entertaining. Victoria is one of the most vile people I’ve seen in this franchise. She’s only second to that jack*ass from Ashley’s season.

Edited by dirtypop90
Typos
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Kit reminds me of an Olson twin.

She reminds me of the actress who plays Emma Woodhouse.  

I liked her black designer dress better than the bird dress from last week. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

This is a beautiful bunch of women and for the most part, they seem nice too. They all are polished and looking good at the cocktail party... then there's Queen V, stomping around, slumping in that hideous dress, continuously playing with her hair, needing serious help with her make up game and acting like a 15 year old mean girl... 

Producers, believe it or not, we are tired of the "not here to make friends" and pot stirrers. 

• Love 22

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Victoria's got bags under her eyes, like she's been through a lot.  She's not right in the head.   

As my dad would succinctly say, "She ain't right."

I have this mental image of Chris, Matt and Victoria secretly meeting with producers in some back room, shaking hands and laughing at the wonderful "entertainment" they are providing this season.  Victoria must be a plant.  She can't be for real.

Right???  

• Love 15

Just how old was the guy that got Bri’s mom pregnant when she was 13? I thought maybe she had been raped until Bri says she just keeps in touch with him. Maybe statutory? Gosh, that’s just horrible. 
I didn’t care for Sarah. When Matt said it means a lot to him that she would take away time from her dying father, I was thinking, yeah, because her priorities are screwed up. 
When Matt gave Marilynn the orchid, it was like he was looking around the room for something and hey, how about this!

I predict Victoria will be here until episode 4 and yeah, bitch, you did look fat in your wedding dress. I can’t imagine anyone agreeing to be the most hated person on this show without some compensation since it’s presumably an act and producer “inspired” like an acting gig. I would hate to think this girl is real. Just yuck, yuckity yuck. 
Who collapsed at the rose ceremony? I hate having to wait until next week to see who goes home. Lame. 
Other than Abigail, I can’t say I have any other ones I’m looking out for at the moment. Maybe after they finish the rose ceremony, I’ll be able to get an idea. 

• Love 14

During the one-on-one with Bri, I felt that she and Matt really connected over their fatherless childhoods. Then during his conversation with Lauren, I felt they connected well. Then I felt that again on the one-on-one with Sarah, so I guess I'm easily manipulated. I do think Bri seems to have emerged well from what could have been a hellacious childhood.

Sarah has already sacrificed her career for her father, as well as moving back to her hometown and taking care of him, so I don't begrudge her for taking this opportunity for herself. I'm sure her father is being taken care of by her mother and possibly siblings or professional help. However, I imagine the fainting spell could be a result of the pressure and maybe guilt that she feels. Or not. 

I wish the previews didn't show us that Q.V. is still around. Can't bring myself to even name her, her act is so heinous. Matt's friends should have given him more of a heads-up on how this game is played. Right now, Matt meeting with Q.V. feels to me like, "Hello Lamb, meet Slaughter."

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Who collapsed at the rose ceremony?

That was Sarah of the sick father. I suspect having those RCs last all night until 7-8 a.m. is a little much. But why have her sit on the floor when a couch is right there? So no one can see her? Fake or real? Show needed another ambulance ride for drama? Tune in next week to find out!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, alexa said:

And why are families such a thing on this show too?  Why does everyone have to act like they spend all of their time with the family?  Some people spend time with friends, college, working, etc.  I don’t remember talking about my parents and family a lot back then.

Yes. In my 20's, I worked, lived on my own, and saw my parents once a month at most. My parents didn't meet most of the guys I dated, and I didn't involve them in decisions I made. Being that involved with family is a foreign concept to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Victoria is the least attractive of all the women. The prettiest, by far, is the one with the blond curls. (MJ?) She reminds me of an actress, I just can't figure out who.

Some women don't get a chance, they go on a group date, don't get a photoshoot,  don't get to go on the date part of the evening. I think the producers want some of them to be frustrated and crying, they think it makes for better tv.

• Love 6

Matt's tongue seems to be a bit large for his mouth and i had to look away at the kissing. I would have HATED the ATV(?) date. I would have been furious if he flipped me over. What a tool. His date was a good sport. I also thought the wedding dress date was awful. I can't believe women, in this day and age, humiliate themselves like that. This show is ridiculous.

• Love 12

I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on with Victoria’s eye, and when I saw that it looks even worse in the previews for next week, it hit me: Chris Elliott’s eyes in There’s Something About Mary!

63D554AE-4FA9-4F2F-951C-24259FBC7D89.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Arkay said:

During the one-on-one with Bri, I felt that she and Matt really connected over their fatherless childhoods. Then during his conversation with Lauren, I felt they connected well. Then I felt that again on the one-on-one with Sarah, so I guess I'm easily manipulated. I do think Bri seems to have emerged well from what could have been a hellacious childhood.

Having similar families doesn’t mean they are meant for each other.  This whole “my family is everything “ has been going on every season.  The women must think they get points for this.   
I don’t remember any first date asking me what my “pops” is like.  It’s so boring listening to their family stories.  I end up fast forwarding one on one dates.  

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Having similar families doesn’t mean they are meant for each other.  This whole “my family is everything “ has been going on every season.  The women must think they get points for this.   
I don’t remember any first date asking me what my “pops” is like.  It’s so boring listening to their family stories.  I end up fast forwarding one on one dates.  

Just once I wish one of them would say “My family suffocated me when I was growing up and I got away as quickly as I could.”  All of this family stuff is so 1880s.

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

That was Sarah of the sick father. I suspect having those RCs last all night until 7-8 a.m. is a little much. But why have her sit on the floor when a couch is right there? So no one can see her? Fake or real? Show needed another ambulance ride for drama? Tune in next week to find out!

It may be a problem with her blood pressure.  When I was younger, I would feel faint and like I was about to black out if I stood in one position too long. She may have been on the verge of blacking out and they wanted her to sit down immediately. It, for me, had to do with low blood pressure--I think, although I didn't realize it at the time.  And as we have been talking about families, it never occurred to me to mention this to my family. Not everybody has a family where you feel supported all the time.  I guess I, too, would not cut it as a contestant as I wouldn't be able to say, "Family is everything to me!" which seems to be the preferred contestant response when anybody asks you about your family.

And @saber5055,  consider us your family, of sorts.  We're here every Monday night for a good part of the year--it's more than I see my real (biological) family!  

Edited by rebel2u
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Bri reinvents the preppy sweater tied  over the shoulders look that swept the ‘80s by tying her sweater around a shoulder...and a boob? Ok.

Maybe the sweater really wanted to be a messenger bag for one day?

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I hate to rag on someone's appearance, but Victoria is really common looking.

Which is the most tragic thing for someone who thinks she's a queen.

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Just how old was the guy that got Bri’s mom pregnant when she was 13? I thought maybe she had been raped until Bri says she just keeps in touch with him. Maybe statutory? Gosh, that’s just horrible. 

I also thought she may have been raped. It's one thing to be young mom at 18 or 19, but 13 is still in middle school. Sickening.

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

But why have her sit on the floor when a couch is right there?

41 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

It may be a problem with her blood pressure.  When I was younger, I would feel faint and like I was about to black out if I stood in one position too long. She may have been on the verge of blacking out and they wanted her to sit down immediately. It, for me, had to do with low blood pressure--I think, although I didn't realize it at the time. 

Same here, low blood pressure and I sometimes get that blacking out feeling. In my experience, I have to sit/lie down *immediately* no matter where I am or else I'm going to pass out and fall. I think Sarah has experienced that before since she started moving towards the couches right away, she just didn't make it that far.

In other news, I still think Matt is dull, and, at the risk of sounding intolerant, the faith thing is getting really old. It seems like a cop-out, every time things get hard he turns to his faith ... and then what? Does faith help him figure out solutions, or just make him more willing to rationalize/accept/endure things?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Victoria is the least attractive of all the women. The prettiest, by far, is the one with the blond curls. (MJ?) She reminds me of an actress, I just can't figure out who.

MJ is stunning. She looks almost natural compared to the other heavily made up women. I hope she sticks around for a bit, though she seems to be getting the talking head / exposition role already.

Too many left to know all their names, but it is a beautiful group. I like Mari, Abigail, Chelsea, Khaylah, so far though, based on not much.

Victoria...holy hell. Are the producers messing with us and not showing what's setting her off, or is she really that crazypants? It's hard to see her "enemy" acting the way Victoria said, considering Victoria already seems to have broken her. 

If Victoria weren't completely kazoo, I think I'd see her as a cute, normal looking woman, but her personality makes her ugly. Obviously her stylist hates her too. WTF was up with that dress? I mean, seriously. Yikes.

Oh Matt? That's right, there's a bachelor drifting around here somewhere too. Handsome, nice, just maybe not meant for this trainwreck of a show. But seeing how unfamiliar he is with the show, he sure has the script down. 

That plane ride looked fun, and the paintball game would have been great had not been for the sake of winning a dude's time. And while wearing wedding dresses. Cringeworthy.

• Love 7

If Victoria was my roommate I’d probably be huddled in the corner crying too.  Trying to calm myself. So me thinks she is projecting the manipulative MO onto that mild mannered woman. She doesn’t have the charm needed to pull off this role she’s playing, so it’s just coming off as crazy. 

Matt is supposedly friends with Hannah and Tyler, did they not give him ANY advice? Geez.oh wait I forgot that Hannah was all about the he said he said drama. Never mind.

I get that the show wants to highlight the fall leaves but they need to give these women either better indicators of the activities so they can dress properly or provide them warmer clothes. All the dates gave me the chills. 

• Love 7

Victoria, you are not literally a queen, and Marylynn is not literally toxic!  

I live in western PA, not far from Nemacolin.  Actually, I was stuck at home dealing with COVID for 4 weeks while the filming was going on.  I watched quite a range of weather out my windows during this time...  there were some warm, sunny days, some crisp fall days, some rainy days, and yes, even some snowy days.  Hey, it's October in PA.  You get what you get!  Surely the producers could have prepared the ladies (and their wardrobes) better!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Refresh said:

I get that the show wants to highlight the fall leaves but they need to give these women either better indicators of the activities so they can dress properly or provide them warmer clothes. All the dates gave me the chills. 

I also noticed they were all wearing blankets while sitting around in the hotel lobby.

• Love 3

So this is what Victoria kind of reminds me of-- they placed the average, crazy person in and pretend none of us notice that he is literally never going to choose her as his wife.  The equivalent to this is the Rachel Bloom character in Crazy Ex Girlfriend--  it would be like placing her in this show as a potential mate for Matt and trying to convince us that could actually happen.

Edited by alexa
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So Sarah said her dad was supportive of her leaving to find love?  So she can’t find it locally?  And she is a private person and can’t open up to Matt but can all of a sudden open up to him while millions of people watch?  If you think about....it’s really makes no sense.  

• Love 14
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Anyone counting the "likes" in Bri's dinner convo?

Matt to Bri: "I love that."

Watch for that line on the next SNL parody of this show. It's their favorite.

"I like that" and "I love that" are staple responses when a date says something they don't know how to reply to. I've noticed it for a couple of years now. It's kind of genius coaching. It's the perfect answer that makes you sound engaged in a conversation you care (or know) nothing about.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Just once I wish one of them would say “My family suffocated me when I was growing up and I got away as quickly as I could.”  All of this family stuff is so 1880s.

This is what I would like to hear one of them say: "My parents have been married for 35 years. My mom's parents lived across the street from us when I was growing up. I was always over there eating apple pie and learning to crochet doilies. Every Sunday we went for a ride in their Chevrolet. My dad's parents owned a farm and I spent summers there playing with the lambs, calves and baby chicks. At home we had a dog, a cat, a rabbit,  three parakeets and two hamsters." Would throw the producers for a loop!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

So Sarah said her dad was supportive of her leaving to find love?  So she can’t find it locally?  And she is a private person and can’t open up to Matt but can all of a sudden open up to him while millions of people watch?  If you think about....it’s really makes no sense.  

Her father is probably happy that she is not there taking care of him. I would think it would in a way make him feel even worse about his illness thinking that she gave up a more typical life for a young woman to care for him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Her father is probably happy that she is not there taking care of him. I would think it would in a way make him feel even worse about his illness thinking that she gave up a more typical life for a young woman to care for him. 

That makes sense but in the context of the show it sounds stupid.  Why would you have to leave your job and go on a show to find love competing with 25 other women?  Because it’s not about finding love.  It’s about exposure and money.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Matt's tongue seems to be a bit large for his mouth and i had to look away at the kissing. I would have HATED the ATV(?) date. I would have been furious if he flipped me over. What a tool. His date was a good sport. I also thought the wedding dress date was awful. I can't believe women, in this day and age, humiliate themselves like that. This show is ridiculous.

That’s what I said.  The date was ridiculous also.  And these women screaming and swooning.  Getting so excited over fireworks like they never experienced them before.  Are they coached to act like this.  I would think so.

I remember another insufferable queen or princess from years ago.  I can’t remember which season but she played with her hair the same way Victoria does. Yes I remember random things.  Anyone remember?

• Love 4

The whole Victoria things is weirdly low rent. She’s not particularly attractive and dresses very 80’s mall discount store. If she’s a plant, her acting is below my public high school drama club. She’s just sad if it isn’t a joke. The rest of the women look so well put together that she’s just jarring every time she’s on screen. 

More Chelsea please! 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

I remember another insufferable queen or princess from years ago.  I can’t remember which season but she played with her hair the same way Victoria does. Yes I remember random things.  Anyone remember?

You may be thinking of Erica with the tiara. She was on Season 9 (Lorenzo).  Occupation was listed as “Socialite.”

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Captain Asshat said:
4 hours ago, cowgirlwen said:

Victoria, you are not literally a queen, and Marylynn is not literally toxic! 

You don't know her! She could be a queen of a very small country we've never heard of...like Skankistan.

Then we MUST see her passport!  AND, how was she allowed to travel when Skankistan is on the list of banned countries?  I literally don't believe her.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1