Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03. Carrie's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Donut Bear said:

Has anyone on this show through the years ever been seen reading a book or even having a book on a table? Newspaper? 

There was one who read books and at the end went to the bookstore to pick out a nice journal.

• Love 5
Just now, Donut Bear said:

Has anyone on this show through the years ever been seen reading a book or even having a book on a table? Newspaper? 

I remember a young red headed man from a few seasons ago named Justin was a reader. He was also in IT before his mobility started to go. He went back to that. 

But honestly I haven’t looked at a physical newspaper in years, and all the books I have that weren’t gifts were purchased pre-2010, I’m all digital now. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's an OSHA thing. You can't have food or drink on your desk in hospital settings.

I don't know, dude. My last 5 years, I audited clinical trials for the human subjects office. I was in an out of our uni's hospital all the time, from private offices, to shared spaces, and I had to check in in a lot of different types of settings. People had drinks, they might have a light snack, though I don't recall seeing anyone's lunch on their desk. However, I was there for business, so that wouldn't have been appropriate.  I actually just called my son, who worked in one of the hospital offices (as opposed to someone like myself who made visits) and he said people ate lunch at their desks all the time. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

they must not be able to show any copyrighted material on the show. Nobody reads or watches tv or plays any games. I think only one knitted. 

• Love 3
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

I remember a young red headed man from a few seasons ago named Justin was a reader. He was also in IT before his mobility started to go. He went back to that. 

But honestly I haven’t looked at a physical newspaper in years, and all the books I have that weren’t gifts were purchased pre-2010, I’m all digital now. 

I'm a librarian and I have no physical reading material. Everything is digital. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I remember him. He was one of the good ones. I read ebooks, but I like to lay back with an actual book.

• Love 8

Years ago, I worked in an office where a super morbidly obese person worked. They were super kind and personable.  They got weight loss surgery after I left working there and lost down to a great place.  They later gained some back, but have stayed under 300 many years later.  

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

People had drinks, they might have a light snack, though I don't recall seeing anyone's lunch on their desk.

Oh, I'm sure! I work in a clinic setting (of sorts) and, back in the before days, we used to have food and drink at or desks all the time. But we weren't supposed to.

One thing that I have noticed is the immediate parent child attitude they take with Dr. Now. They want to please Dr. Now. THey want Dr. Now to be proud. They are afraid Dr. Now will be mad. I have never had that kind of a relationship with a dr. I have been super sick for the last couple months and my last convo with my doctor was basically "fix me doc"

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

No books in the houses either. Nobody makes a literary reference either. Many of them drop out of school and most seem below average intelligence. Bullying might just be a face saving excuse for why they drop out in ninth grade. That redhead a few years ago who graduated college and owned his own house and business was a rare exception.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

SHE SWELLS UP FROM BEING IN THE CAR. 

Doesn't Amberlynn Reid say that all the time?

12 lbs. I hope I don't have to bring Mrs Slocum back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Her honesty is refreshing!  She didn't do her best and admitted it.  I am still in her corner.

(...but she is on thin ice)

Edited by umgoblue
Because I can't completely hitch my wagon to her...see what I did there?!
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

One thing that I have noticed is the immediate parent child attitude they take with Dr. Now. They want to please Dr. Now. THey want Dr. Now to be proud. They are afraid Dr. Now will be mad. I have never had that kind of a relationship with a dr. I have been super sick for the last couple months and my last convo with my doctor was basically "fix me doc"

I've noticed this too. They act like children. "I'll show him! He was so mean!" Girl. Dr. Now doesn't care one way or the other. You're supposed to be doing this for yourself, not him!". 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Have you seen a Kindle anywhere? 

I use my phone. Kindles are old school. But I get it. If I have a health problem, I am all over researching everything. I don't think it occurs to these folks that there are ways to educate oneself beyond the teevee

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

No books in the houses either. Nobody makes a literary reference either. Many of them drop out of school and most seem below average intelligence. Bullying might just be a face saving excuse for why they drop out in ninth grade. That redhead a few years ago who graduated college and owned his own house and business was a rare exception.

I think education buys you the opportunity to have better employment, which might get you decent health care, which might mean that you don't have to put yourself on television in order to get life-saving surgery!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Doesn't Amberlynn Reid say that all the time?

12 lbs. I hope I don't have to bring Mrs Slocum back.

Omg I know who Amberlynn Reid is!!! I got back on a weight loss plan (15lbs since oct 16) and the YouTube algorithm started recommending reaction channels to her. 

I am amazed they lost the EXACT same amount. Wasnt she supposed to lose 60? And she lost 12!(him losing 12 is more reasonable)

• Love 2

Women burned an average of 213 calories during 30 minutes of light running, while men burned 276. Sex, on the other hand, demanded 101 calories from men and just 69 from women, burning an average of 3.6 calories per minute.

Goooooogggle sez !

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Years ago, I worked in an office where a super morbidly obese person worked. They were super kind and personable.  They got weight loss surgery after I left working there and lost down to a great place.  They later gained some back, but have stayed under 300 many years later.  

I worked in a call center with several very obese people and we had to order special chairs to support their weight.  The chairs were very wide with special back support.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I think education buys you the opportunity to have better employment, which might get you decent health care, which might mean that you don't have to put yourself on television in order to get life-saving surgery!

This is a great argument for universal healthcare. I don't say that to be political, just that you make a great point. 

• Love 8
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I think Dr. Now needs to incorporate jaw wiring into his diet. 

I met someone once who had that done.  It didn't work because liquids have calories.  I swear she thought that because she couldn't eat solid food she would automatically lose weight.  It is amazing how much weight you can gain on a diet of milkshakes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1