Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03. Carrie's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Dang, that casserole looked pretty good.  Wait, served with a pile of bread? That pan was enough for 12 people. 

I only saw the casserole for a second - it looked like mac & cheese. Was it mac & cheese? I really like mac & cheese. If she had a big casserole dish of mac & cheese just for herself, I'd be really happy for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Mommy wanted a cheerleader, and I had to be the mascot.

At my high school the letter girls each wore a single letter spelling out the school's name on their uniforms.  The one larger girl wore a uniform that said "school".  You could not pay me enough to be "school" girl.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

That wouldn't fly in a lot of places. Not only the odor, but the chance of a mess, ruined documents, and it being really obvious that she isn't paying attention to her work if she is eating like that at her desk. We'd have to have a talk.

I retired from a university. All kinds of 'personal problems' were coddled because that's typical in a university environment, but smelling up the place and not doing your work were not two of them.

My sister works in the marketing department of a hospital. Even with the 'vid going around you eat in the cafeteria or in one of the dining areas or picnic tables. Eating at your desk is a huge no no. She almost got written up for having a Nutrigrain bar at her desk after donating blood. 

• Love 2

I only saw the casserole for a second - it looked like mac & cheese. Was it mac & cheese? I really like mac & cheese. If she had a big casserole dish of mac & cheese just for herself, I'd be really happy for her. 

She referred to it as chicken and pasta, so I'm guessing it was some sort of spaghetti casserole.

• Love 1

Yes, I'm sick of the D+ commercials, and the ad in the top corner of every screen.     I'm hoping the streaming service is a huge flop, so they won't move everything that's new to it.

They make easy to use stuff to take that green stuff off of the trailer.     It's only a about 2 1/2 hours to Dr. Now's depending on traffic, so she can shut up about the journey.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

We have not tasted Culvers since FEBRUARY!    😥😪

Oh no!  That's awful.  My Culver's has drive-up, and quite an elaborate system of those paying with cards in one lane, all else in the other, and the food comes fairly quickly.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

Is it de rigueur on this show that no one eats at a table?

Heh. At least this gal isn't using her stomach as a de facto table.

I call that PRAW-GRESS.

4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Anyone else super annoyed by the incessant, constant advertisements for Discovery+?

Especially the one that's sitting in the corner of the screen the whole time.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes. Its rule one. Carrie is seriously upmarket, since she seems to own actual plates and cutlery. 

It's the job.  it also seems to be enabling her to break from the usual voiceover script--occasional adjectives!

• Love 3
Just now, HulaTallula said:

It's only 2hrs to Houston and she's acting like it's one of those 18 hour multistate trips some people do. 

Or acting like she has to walk 2 hours.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

It's only a 2 hour drive so they have time to stop at lots of places. Unless they get lost on their 2 hour tour.

Should've stopped overnight after two hours like Holly. 🤣🤣

Uhh, no spoiler. My bad. 

Spoiler

Oh we live for snacks at my work. But most of us have separate offices or share with one or two other people. In the Before Time, I used to scavenge snacks from catered meetings; chips, pretzels, Doritos, stuff like that, to keep on hand for my boss, she's a snacker. We have a Free Food channel on the staff Slack, so we can glean leftovers from meetings!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3