Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03. Carrie's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, aliya said:

I only saw the casserole for a second - it looked like mac & cheese. Was it mac & cheese? I really like mac & cheese. If she had a big casserole dish of mac & cheese just for herself, I'd be really happy for her. 

I requested my mom's mac & cheese recipe for my birthday. She gave me the recipe, printed on 4x6 photo paper, a baking dish, a box of pasta, a can of bread crumbs, and a jar of dried onion. (She offered me the cheese from her fridge but I didn't take it.) I haven't made it yet. Maybe this weekend.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

My sister works in the marketing department of a hospital. Even with the 'vid going around you eat in the cafeteria or in one of the dining areas or picnic tables. Eating at your desk is a huge no no. She almost got written up for having a Nutrigrain bar at her desk after donating blood. 

That's a bit hard core. At least we could have snacks (some 'snack drawers' got to be pretty famous in the department), and people often ate lunch at their desks, they just didn't eat all day at their desk. 

• Love 3

An ode to the chairs in Dr. Now's waiting room:

You bear a lot of weight

But you still look mighty great

I know you've seen the worst

Felt like you might burst

But still you remain strong

Though your days of toil are long

One day you'll be replaced

And tell other chairs what you faced

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

Tonight's winner is <drumroll> @poeticlicensed coming in at 609!  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won:

• three pounds of cooked spaghetti with soft breadsticks and breaded chicken
  • an industrial sized vat of bathroom cleaner
  • a handsome tabby cat to watch you shovel food in your mouth (kitteh!!!!)
  • and a person to shove the shower head into all of your crevices to make sure you are squeaky clean
  • and, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders.  Huzzah!
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I requested my mom's mac & cheese recipe for my birthday. She gave me the recipe, printed on 4x6 photo paper, a baking dish, a box of pasta, a can of bread crumbs, and a jar of dried onion. (She offered me the cheese from her fridge but I didn't take it.) I haven't made it yet. Maybe this weekend.

That is an excellent gift!

• Love 6

You can tell RBF Cassandra has worked for Dr. Now forever, she gets really far back to the poundticipants can't stomp her toes.  

I love that Dr. Now mentioned to Chris that he's getting a copy of the diet too.   He needs it, and tonight Dr. Now is not backing down. Lil Now-Now isn't giving up this time.   

So she's 602, and he's 318.   She looks heavier, and so does he.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Awww, that's such a mom thing to do! I miss my mom.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, aliya said:
9 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

My sister works in the marketing department of a hospital. Even with the 'vid going around you eat in the cafeteria or in one of the dining areas or picnic tables. Eating at your desk is a huge no no. She almost got written up for having a Nutrigrain bar at her desk after donating blood. 

That's a bit hard core. At least we could have snacks (some 'snack drawers' got to be pretty famous in the department), and people often ate lunch at their desks, they just didn't eat all day at their desk. 

It's an OSHA thing. You can't have food or drink on your desk in hospital settings.

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Tonight's winner is <drumroll> @poeticlicensed coming in at 609!  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won:

• three pounds of cooked spaghetti with soft breadsticks and breaded chicken
  • an industrial sized vat of bathroom cleaner
  • a handsome tabby cat to watch you shovel food in your mouth (kitteh!!!!)
  • and a person to shove the shower head into all of your crevices to make sure you are squeaky clean
  • and, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders.  Huzzah!

Mr. Poetic is wastching with me and he's honored also (although he doesn't want to do the shower head thing)

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

You can tell RBF Cassandra has worked for Dr. Now forever, she gets really far back to the poundticipants can't stomp her toes.  

I love that Dr. Now mentioned to Chris that he's getting a copy of the diet too.   He needs it, and tonight Dr. Now is not backing down. Lil Now-Now isn't giving up this time.   

In mythology, Cassandra could predict the future, but her curse was nobody would believe her. That’s not unlike Dr Now’s nurse.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I'd be smiling because I could wear shoes.

Kinda on/off topic. When I was in my doctoral program, I attended an academic conference and was gabbing with a bunch of other doctoral students from around the country. We were joking about having to find our 'good' shoes for the conference. One woman said, "I'm from Hawaii. I had to find my shoes."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That is a fantastic gift! Very thoughtful and creative!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Well, you can't really give up food. But you will have to give up the food you like.

And that is exactly the struggle for a food addict. Trust me, I know. But what you have to learn to do is to not eat the foods that trigger the binge.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, HulaTallula said:

It's only 2hrs to Houston and she's acting like it's one of those 18 hour multistate trips some people do. 

I really think TLC gives them outlines of what to comment about.   So now she can check off that she has commented about the trip.  I mean none of them are likely to say the trip is only two hours and is "easy peasy."   Gotta whine.

I am glad he is including her husband in this.  I thought surely the husband was in the lower 400's so it is obvious I have no idea of how much people weight.  I was surprised at her weight as she weights what Tammy did at the start of their program.  Tammy is now 595, but Tammy to me looks larger.  Maybe it is because one is in a dress,and the other is in pants?

• Love 5