Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03. Carrie's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kid said:

And that is exactly the struggle for a food addict. Trust me, I know. But what you have to learn to do is to not eat the foods that trigger the binge.

I can't give up regular soda ("pop" what we call it here) but I have to tell myself I can still have it, just not every day.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

That's a bit hard core. At least we could have snacks (some 'snack drawers' got to be pretty famous in the department), and people often ate lunch at their desks, they just didn't eat all day at their desk. 

Yeah, her department manager is kinda ridiculous. Do NOT HAVE SNACKS in your office. But please, enjoy the scent of my food I'm currently eating at my desk that I warmed in my very own microwave. One week they dealt with a fishy smell and it turned out to be the manager's own trash can. 

Sis says it's pretty normal to receive a memo or to do list in her box with grease smudges or sauce drips on it. And her manager is actually really nice and laid back outside the office which is weird. They can have candies, but no eating actual food at your desk. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's an OSHA thing. You can't have food or drink on your desk in hospital settings.

It's weird though since they're in their own little building, and the manager eats in her own office. *shrugs* 

Sister gets frustrated with her and vents a lot. Lol. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

And that is exactly the struggle for a food addict. Trust me, I know. But you have to learn to do is to not eat the foods that trigger the binge.

I get it too. Its really hard losing weight. Im on meds that make me really hungry and tired, and Im slowly losing weight but man it is really hard especially with all my problems a lot of times food is the only thing I have that can make me not feel so awful when Im really struggling or spiraling down in fear delusion and emotion.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

It's weird though since they're in their own little building, and the manager eats in her own office. *shrugs* 

Sister gets frustrated with her and vents a lot. Lol. 

Oh lordy, I am so glad that I'm retired...

Before that, I worked from home for the past 8 years or so and didn't have to deal with office bullshit 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Oh lordy, I am so glad that I'm retired...

Before that, I worked from home for the past 8 years or so and didn't have to deal with office bullshit 

I don't blame you one bit! 

Office drama gets silly! 

• Love 3
Just now, Donut Bear said:

Has anyone on this show through the years ever been seen reading a book or even having a book on a table? Newspaper? 

One of the male participants was reading a craft book (knitting?), I think it was meant for kids but I guess you could say he was reading

• LOL 2