Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Welcome to Salt Lake City

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Women can be unsealed and resealed to another man. Not sure how difficult it is. 

I’m not Mormon but I married into a Mormon family. I think it depends on the circumstance. Like if your husband was cheating on your or abusing drugs/alcohol? Sure. If you just wanted to bang another guy? Not so sure about that. 

That being said I’ve known a lot of Mormons who have gotten divorced and remarried and are still allowed in the church and everything so I’m not sure how big of a deal it is. The “seal” is more about the afterlife IIRC anyway. A man gets his own planet in the afterlife and can invite as many women as he wants, but a woman doesn’t get her own planet and has to go to a man’s. I think? Don’t quote me on that 😂

Edited by Vipbrj
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I can't believe that Heather is the favourite.  One of her first statements on the show was that as a Mormon she has to stop herself from loving Black men and gay people.  How is this appealing ?   I didn't realize Mormonism was so openly racist and one of the tenets is that you have to hate Black people (and gay people), and this woman is being lauded for saying this on television.  Lord.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe that Heather is the favourite.  One of her first statements on the show was that as a Mormon she has to stop herself from loving Black men and gay people.  How is this appealing ?   I didn't realize Mormonism was so openly racist and one of the tenets is that you have to hate Black people (and gay people), and this woman is being lauded for saying this on television.  Lord.

I had to rewind that part, and on second viewing, I think she inartfully was trying to imply that she wasn't mad about being excommunicated because being Mormon had those despicable requirements.   She's BFF with Jen, who is married to a Black man and she allegedly quoted rap lyrics to Jen upon first meeting her, so that stacks in Heather's favor for rejecting the requirements.  OTOH, her statement was oddly worded and not terribly clear.  As for Heather's jaw line, I don't see "mannish", I see "reconstructed" like Leah on NYC, though I doubt Heather got into it with cops.

Speaking of Jen & her husband, while he is a football coach and they do make bank at state schools, he was also a lawyer and sports agent prior to going into coaching.  That could account for some of the money bankrolling her OTT lifestyle.

There's been much talk of the Mormon angle, but I was baffled at the notion that Mary runs a Pentecostal church.  (Well, we now know it's likely a grifter cult, but they are calling it a Pentecostal denomination.)  I used to work with a woman whose husband was the pastor of a Pentecostal church.  She worked for the state just for the health insurance and he was a roofer by day--honest work, but not rolling in cash.  The women of the congregation had to wear long skirts and never cut their hair, wore no make-up, and were generally very modest and sheltered, far more than any Mormons I've known.  Clearly this grandpa fucker is an exception to a LOT of rules for running a church--I think Jim Bakker is under-acheiver in the weird by comparison--but it's just so odd for Mary's church to be tagged to the Pentecostal denomination rather than being one of those non-denom mega church types.

I didn't get what Lisa was trying to prove by having her husband stop at five fast food places in one morning, commenting on how good all the food was.  Bitch, your size zero ass isn't eating Sonic, Taco Bell, and whatever the hell else every morning unless you're on speed or purging.  

I wanted to like Meredith, but wearing something that looks like what Gritty's date should wear out for a night on the town just pushed me over the edge to no bueno.  And all those rose petals...all I could think of was the total PITA it would be to clean them up.  Whitney seems like a non-entity at this point, though I am curious about her father.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one weirded out at his enthusiasm at her pole dancing performance.

The houses were a tad disappointing.  I wanted big houses for everyone like that one Kam took the ladies to on Dallas two years back.  

Anyone else doubt those dancers were flown in from Tonga and were really Asuelu's dance group from elsewhere in Utah?  (90 Day Fiance reference, for those who stay away from that garbage heap.)

Overall, they've got my attention for another couple of episodes at least.  I get strong Dallas vibes from this one--a lot of people who have studied the formula and think they know what to do.  What concerns me is that they had enough footage to do a "six months ago"  (or maybe weeks?) flashback to Mary and Jen in Jen's closet before the hospital smell rift---if they were filming for that long and just picked up the story at this point, (weeks or months doesn't really matter), how much editing had to go on to craft the story, especially with a cast full of try-hards?  Is there really anything there?

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you for pointing this out. I will have to go back and rewatch it because I don't recall her saying that. I'm a Black person myself, so I certainly don't want to support someone who would dislike me lol. 

• Love 1

and a bunch of versions of Lydia

Melbourne watchers will understand how horrifying this is.

having her husband stop at five fast food places in one morning

I was aghast. At one time my family member was a single dad of two young children, and for a while they lived off of fast food. One of the kids had abnormally high cholesterol levels at age 9, and the pediatrician attributed it to diet. Hopefully Lisa was being dramatic, and the family manages to eat healthily sometimes.

Here is a flash from the past, about a woman who protested Mormon patriarchy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonia_Johnson  During that same period I was work buddies with a sweet Mormon woman and visited her small apartment often. She and her husband had stored canned goods in every conceivable place, as their faith required that they always be prepared with a long-term food supply.

As someone brilliantly posted above, some of the SLT cast appear to have gone to How to Be a Bravo Housewife school. Like NY's Leah, their performances are formulaic.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Thank you for pointing this out. I will have to go back and rewatch it because I don't recall her saying that. I'm a Black person myself, so I certainly don't want to support someone who would dislike me lol. 

No she said the Morman faith tells her everything she loves like gay men and being with black men drinking having a good time her church told her she should have hated/disliked/shunned/stayed away from and she doesn’t. She never said she disliked ANYONE.  I watch love after lock up and they kinda touched on being black and morman for a hot second because there is an African American woman and her children from Utah that are on there... then glossed over it completely 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 23
30 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

No she said the Morman faith tells her everything she loves like gay men and being with black men drinking having a good time her church told her she should have hated/disliked/shunned/stayed away from and she doesn’t. She never said she disliked ANYONE.  I watch love after lock up and they kinda touched on being black and morman for a hot second because there is an African American woman and her children from Utah that are on there... then glossed over it completely 

Yes. She pointed out the racist Morman beliefs that they have claimed to have since abandoned. There is an actual push for Morman folks of color, its a an agenda. I met a few newly converted morman folks of color in new york city. 

I am in for this train wreck. Boricuas have a history with pentecostal church, so as soon as Mary said she was pentecostal, i was in. I can't hate Mary as she is clearly Mentally ill. She was dressed as A my Little Pony Doll that fell in the shredder at Jen's party. Homegirl is not well. Her husband and her sizzled up my screen tho, i felt the oil of their greasy scammy ways. 

Jen and Lisa, Ugh. Real Housewife school graduates indeed. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ichbin said:

These two can suck the air out of a room. Hope they don't get the attention they appear to be seeking because it won't be entertaining.  I agree with you about Jen.  That performance on WWHL was too, too much on all counts.  Yeah, Mary seemed to be struggling with whatever it was that she was attempting to portray. 

This group really reminds me of The Real Housewives of Melbourne, down to Jen being another Pettifleur.  Same OTT demeanor and fashion sense.  Same LOOK AT ME vibe.  They even had a snobby brunette and a tough looking blonde with a skin center.  

Thank you for saying this, I saw the same comparison between Jen and Pettifleur!! Yes! Jen IMO is less attractive, Jen and Heather give me a Madame puppet vibe. I already can’t stand Jen.  She’s hard on the eyes.  Her husband and kids seem awesome though. 

Meredith kind of looks like Madeleine Stowe, especially her demeanor.  Whitney is also really pretty.  Lisa reminds me of those twin sisters that were on one season of RHNJ.  Mary’s marriage and religion are very off. Somethings just not right there, and I’m not just talking about her icky marriage. 

• Love 3

Whitney reminds me of a blonde Mena Suvari.

Jen seems like she is trying way too hard to be extra. That was evident by her WWHL performance with the outfit/hat and the microphone and the fighting with Mary and Meredith.

My first thoughts on Mary were that we have another horrible dresser that can take the crown from horrible dresser Gizelle from RHOP. The outfit she wore to the party was awful. After reading all the stuff about her, the husband and the church 😲 She also looked uncomfortable being on camera. She seemed a bit chaotic to me. 

Heather and Meredith seems cool, I might like them. Not sure about Lisa yet. I really hope that family doesn't hit the drive thru for every meal.

Now for the side characters: The blonde that entered the Jen/Mary smelling like hospital argument reminded me of Kim D from RHONJ. Jen's friend in the pink dress that walked in singing happy birthday cracked me up. Can we see more of her 😛 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I didn't get what Lisa was trying to prove by having her husband stop at five fast food places in one morning, commenting on how good all the food was.  Bitch, your size zero ass isn't eating Sonic, Taco Bell, and whatever the hell else every morning unless you're on speed or purging.  

I wanted to like Meredith, but wearing something that looks like what Gritty's date should wear out for a night on the town just pushed me over the edge to no bueno.  And all those rose petals...all I could think of was the total PITA it would be to clean them up.  Whitney seems like a non-entity at this point, though I am curious about her father.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one weirded out at his enthusiasm at her pole dancing performance.

First of all I LOVE the Gritty reference - that is the absolute best ❤️

Second the five fast food stops annoyed the F out of me because it made me think of my former counterpart who goes to three different places when they do takeout bc all of his kids are picky eaters.  They don't like the fries from the pizza place so he goes to a sandwich place to get them, and they are constantly doing some MLM 30 days thing in between cheeseburger binges so he has to go to a third place to get takeout for himself and his wife.  And then everything is cold by the time he gets home and they wind up eating fluffer nutter sandwiches anyway.  Oh. Hell. No.  I can't stand these families where kids rule the roost.  We ate what my mother put on the table or we all had to decide on one fast food option if we were on the road and that was IT.  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Vipbrj said:

I’m not Mormon but I married into a Mormon family. I think it depends on the circumstance. Like if your husband was cheating on your or abusing drugs/alcohol? Sure. If you just wanted to bang another guy? Not so sure about that. 

That being said I’ve known a lot of Mormons who have gotten divorced and remarried and are still allowed in the church and everything so I’m not sure how big of a deal it is. The “seal” is more about the afterlife IIRC anyway. A man gets his own planet in the afterlife and can invite as many women as he wants, but a woman doesn’t get her own planet and has to go to a man’s. I think? Don’t quote me on that 😂

I find it very confusing when it comes to a woman needing a man to pull her through the veil or she can’t enter. Then there’s the secret name. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Vipbrj said:

I’m here because I live in Park City

I really don't know anything about Park City except many, many years ago my brother went with friends, he learned to ski there and oddly enough by chance his instructor was the ex husband of a well known dessert/cake bakery here in Baltimore. I thought it really is a small world...I get the feeling that SLC is a sort of town where if you don't know someone, you know someone who does that person.

• Love 2

For anyone who watches Vanderpump Rules, I thought that girl who thought the party was for Jen's birthday and brought a gift reminded me SOOOO much of Raquel.  I was like, what is Raquel doing on this show!?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Mormon church apparently didn't accept black people as human until the late 1970s.  I don't think Heather was being racist at all.  If the church tenets stated (up til 40+ years ago) that black people were not human, non-black Mormons would not be encouraged to mate with a non-human.  That's why Jen (not black) left the Mormon church because her husband said her church did not accept him as human and if the church didn't accept her husband as human they wouldn't have accepted her children as human either.  The official church stance may have changed but there's probably still a bunch of people with that same thinking and that's what Heather & Jen were trying to explain.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
On 11/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it’s the fact she came off as so snobbish like her being in the hospital to have her odor glands removed (oh yay you had a vanity elective surgery) was so much more important and above a woman who literally had her legs removed(I’m sure she would have liked to have kept her legs) and she was so nasty in the way she was talking about it in her confessional.. she was just a disgusting human being in that moment to me... 

According to Mary it wasn’t elective surgery but because she has an autoimmune disease that was attacking her glands resulting in boils, they’re are a few possibilities but she is also shady who who knows. 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:50 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I was thinking the same thing, he is an assistant coach which I would guess makes about 300K a year if that, so I too wondered where all the money comes from, and also for her to afford what 3 assistants ?  I am not sure I dig any of these women, something is off and can't quite put my finger on it. At this point, I don't find any of them likeable.

Her husband was a lawyer for many years before getting into coaching for a fee athletes and the NFL Players Union so I imagine he made pretty good money prior to coaching.

• Useful 2

This came off as a mix of Real Housewives and Love After Lockup -- totally weird, OTT and a probable trainwreck but I'm here for it.  Also, I have pretty much dumped all the RH shows except for Dallas so I need a RH to watch.

I'll be honest.  I was working while watching so I really can't tell some of the brunettes apart.  Except Jen.  She is extra.  She annoys me.  But her husband and sons seem very grounded.  

Mary is pretty gross.  Anyone who marries their stepgrandfather (ewwwww) should probably not judge anyone else.  On anything.  Ever.  

Heather seems down to earth.

I don't know why but I kinda like Whitney.  

I've never been to SLC so I'm hoping to see more of it.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, stacyasp said:

Are big square jaws a “thing” in Utah ?

I was watching season one of VDPR yesterday where Stassi talked about her chin implant - that's all I can see when I look at Heather.  She and Jen remind me of Edna "The Big-Faced Girl" from Wings 😄  They're going to have to become more likable before I can stand to look at them for very long.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, Avaleigh said:

I felt bad for Jen's kid having that discussion about girls and STDs on camera. Jen did everything possible to embarrass the hell out of him.

Yeah another reason why I don't like her - I hate when they put their kids out there like that.  LOLd about them all eating in a straight line like a tv sitcom family 😄 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, watcherwoman said:

I was in Salt Lake City 8 years ago for a basketball game and it was very difficult finding a place that would serve booze.  We had to buy food first, and then we could order a drink.  I don't know what it is like now, but, all the liquor stores were owned by the state and the booze was expensive.

Haha that's what it's like in PA now!  Apparently if you order your drink before your dinner you will become a drunken barfly spreading covid near and far 🙄. But when I skied in Utah about 30 years ago drinks were all virgin and you got a little bottle of airplane liquor to mix in it!

On 11/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Avaleigh said:

I'm curious if the rest of Jen's family are still active LDS and whether or not there was any rift wrt her converting to Islam. 

Her whole story is shady anyway.  First she said that when she turned 17 her parents told her to get out so she came to Utah.  Next she said her mom wanted religion in her family and invited the missionaries in.  Then she said something about her sister's mission time.  Something's not making sense here.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, njbchlover said:

I think that marriage was done BEFORE the show even started....(shades of Camille and Kelsey Grammer).   

Too bad - now we're inflicted with the joyless son who's left school to be on this show and act like he's too cool for it.  He bugs.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, princelina said:

Her whole story is shady anyway.  First she said that when she turned 17 her parents told her to get out so she came to Utah.  Next she said her mom wanted religion in her family and invited the missionaries in.  Then she said something about her sister's mission time.  Something's not making sense here.

I think that was Lisa’s story, not Jen’s. I recall Lisa telling that story and it making no sense whatsoever. Like, her parents wanted her to leave NYC so she went to BYU and they converted after when someone came to the door? Maybe it was just the way she told it, but I was confused. I would assume the conversion happened before they sent their daughter to BYU.

I’m still feeling like I need flashcards to keep all of them straight, especially Lisa and Meredith. But I do know, at least thus far, I don’t like Lisa and I’m sorta neutral on Meredith. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, princelina said:

It was a confusing timeline story. I do not know too many people that are told to leave home at 17 then run off to SLC (of all places) to enroll in a four year college without some sort of financial support to do it, besides at that age she would have had to apply/be accepted, arrange for financial aid, come up with relo money, unless she was emancipated it does not add up.  

I'll tell you what does not make sense...watching this show but we do.

• LOL 14
On 11/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, watcherwoman said:

I was in Salt Lake City 8 years ago for a basketball game and it was very difficult finding a place that would serve booze.  We had to buy food first, and then we could order a drink.  I don't know what it is like now, but, all the liquor stores were owned by the state and the booze was expensive

I've been there twice. It is beautiful there; like a postcard -especially when there is snow on the mountains.

The first time, about 20-25yrs ago, to buy a drink in a bar you had to be a "member" of the bar/restaurant. There was always someone sitting at/near the bar that was a member that was willing to sponsor you. In appreciation, you were expected to buy them a drink. We never had a problem. We went again last year and there were no issues getting served or buying beer, and no mention of the member/sponsor thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I've been there twice. It is beautiful there; like a postcard -especially when there is snow on the mountains.

The first time, about 20-25yrs ago, to buy a drink in a bar you had to be a "member" of the bar/restaurant. There was always someone sitting at/near the bar that was a member that was willing to sponsor you. In appreciation, you were expected to buy them a drink. We never had a problem. We went again last year and there were no issues getting served or buying beer, and no mention of the member/sponsor thing.

Yes!  I recall the "member" thing too, now that you mention it.   Everyone did seem very friendly out there, and it was incredibly beautiful.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think that was Lisa’s story, not Jen’s. I recall Lisa telling that story and it making no sense whatsoever. Like, her parents wanted her to leave NYC so she went to BYU and they converted after when someone came to the door? Maybe it was just the way she told it, but I was confused. I would assume the conversion happened before they sent their daughter to BYU.

I’m still feeling like I need flashcards to keep all of them straight, especially Lisa and Meredith. But I do know, at least thus far, I don’t like Lisa and I’m sorta neutral on Meredith. 

Oops - yeah you're right.  Thanks 🙂 

5 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Wait, this is what Mary looks like AFTER tons of surgery?? Yikes. 

Seriously, that is one funny-looking bitch whose stank attitude isn’t helping her face appear any better...and to look weirder than obvious plastic surgery victims/addicts like Jen and Heather is quite a feat in itself. Whoever compared her to looking like one of those big-eyed/big-mouthed Snapchat/Instagram filters was dead on!! 

I’m willing to give this series a chance though, despite how thirsty these bitches are straight out of the gate. They seem to have actual wealth and status and aren’t afraid to flaunt/not front their lives and their families.

Meredith bugs me, for some reason...she looks nearly identical to Lisa but I’m not seeing any memorable beauty; they’re both basic/bland brunettes and the fact that I had trouble telling them apart at first was annoying... like change up your hair or something, ladies. She seems a bit pretentious though, which is rich for a woman who’s husband is obviously cheating on her. And her son is an obvious famewhore.

I like Jen and found her extra-ness fun and oddly endearing. I just hope she doesn’t fall into the NeNe Leakes trap of buying into her own hype too hard. 

Was fully expecting to hate on Heather because she looks like a beefy t***** with bad style, but she was surprisingly disarming and likable. And I felt her when she was flummoxed by Lisa trying to ignore her at the party; nothing more annoying than shady acquaintances being rude for no real reason.

Was also expecting to hate on Whitney and her renewing her vows with the older guy, but she seemed surprisingly sweet and harmless, almost like a Stephanie from RH of Dallas type. Her dad with the jet-black fright wig cracked me up though; like forget blondie, what’s the story on THAT weirdo?!

Speaking of weirdos...wow, Mary is kuckoo. Like uncomfortably unstable a’la RH of NJ’s Danielle Staub; which means she’s reality TV gold!! The grand speech about her sensitivity to “smells”, the refusal to simply be a polite adult and apologize for a bitchy comment, the refusal to understand why marrying her step-peepaw is considered weird, the shameless need to flaunt her ultra-designer wardrobe...homegirl is the treasure this show needed to be interesting. Obviously she sold her soul to the devil(aka her late meemaw) in exchange for her unapologetic need to live in luxury, and it’s kinda sad because she represents everything that is NOT to be associated with someone claiming to be a “person of God.” She and her peepaw hubs are those millionaire megachurch charlatans that make me naturally fear organized religion; dunno how her appearance on this show could possibly be a positive representation of their church, but whatever...maybe she used her show’s earnings to buy some extra Chanel bags to drag to church.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, that is one funny-looking bitch whose stank attitude isn’t helping her face appear any better...and to look weirder than obvious plastic surgery victims/addicts like Jen and Heather is quite a feat in itself. Whoever compared her to looking like one of those big-eyed/big-mouthed Snapchat/Instagram filters was dead on!! 

I’m willing to give this series a chance though, despite how thirsty these bitches are straight out of the gate. They seem to have actual wealth and status and aren’t afraid to flaunt/not front their lives and their families.

Meredith bugs me, for some reason...she looks nearly identical to Lisa but I’m not seeing any memorable beauty; they’re both basic/bland brunettes and the fact that I had trouble telling them apart at first was annoying... like change up your hair or something, ladies. She seems a bit pretentious though, which is rich for a woman who’s husband is obviously cheating on her. And her son is an obvious famewhore.

I like Jen and found her extra-ness fun and oddly endearing. I just hope she doesn’t fall into the NeNe Leakes trap of buying into her own hype too hard. 

Was fully expecting to hate on Heather because she looks like a beefy t***** with bad style, but she was surprisingly disarming and likable. And I felt her when she was flummoxed by Lisa trying to ignore her at the party; nothing more annoying than shady acquaintances being rude for no real reason.

Was also expecting to hate on Whitney and her renewing her vows with the older guy, but she seemed surprisingly sweet and harmless, almost like a Stephanie from RH of Dallas type. Her dad with the jet-black fright wig cracked me up though; like forget blondie, what’s the story on THAT weirdo?!

Speaking of weirdos...wow, Mary is kuckoo. Like uncomfortably unstable a’la RH of NJ’s Danielle Staub; which means she’s reality TV gold!! The grand speech about her sensitivity to “smells”, the refusal to simply be a polite adult and apologize for a bitchy comment, the refusal to understand why marrying her step-peepaw is considered weird, the shameless need to flaunt her ultra-designer wardrobe...homegirl is the treasure this show needed to be interesting. Obviously she sold her soul to the devil(aka her late meemaw) in exchange for her unapologetic need to live in luxury, and it’s kinda sad because she represents everything that is NOT to be associated with someone claiming to be a “person of God.” She and her peepaw hubs are those millionaire megachurch charlatans that make me naturally fear organized religion; dunno how her appearance on this show could possibly be a positive representation of their church, but whatever...maybe she used her show’s earnings to buy some extra Chanel bags to drag to church.

Yes, yes, yes! 

Beefy t***** were the words I was searching for!

Whitney is exactly the "Stephanie" of this franchise.

Mary should not be on this show for numerous reasons but mostly I am here for her house of cards to tumble down.  

Using the term "organized religion" is an oxymoron.  How will Mary deal with certain things being exposed thru this show because we have the best PI's on this page and we will dig deep to find the dirt!

The shape wear that these house wives (on all franchises) must be amazing...anyone know what they use?  Spanx can only do so much.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/13/2020 at 9:59 AM, lamujerdecente said:

Yes. She pointed out the racist Morman beliefs that they have claimed to have since abandoned. There is an actual push for Morman folks of color, its a an agenda. I met a few newly converted morman folks of color in new york city. 

There is a Mormon temple right in the middle of Harlem, it's a very beautiful building.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
On 11/12/2020 at 5:02 PM, MrsWitter said:

I’m going to try to paste the text from the link in a spoiler box. This is an account (re:Mary) from a member of her congregation.

Hide contents

This has been referred to in other posts but I didn’t see it posted in full. This is a comment left on an article from an apparent member of the congregation. Please delete if this is not allowed, I just thought this would be of interest for those whose can’t click around to the comment:

Most of my entire family was born into Faith Temple. What this article and I am sure that Bravo will forget to mention is that Mary had a husband before she married the bishop (1 year after her grandma died) His name is Dana Harris. When Mary's grandma "Mama" died in 1997, Bishop would be preaching and telling all the women in the church that they better leave him alone and not try getting with him. That God already sent Mary Martha to comfort him in his time of mourning. Mary Martha was spending so much time at his house right after that rumors started spreading quick.He would be preaching this from the pulpit, telling the church to quit gossiping and that she was "strictly comforting him." He would go on and say, "Her husband doesn't mind! Why do any of you?". He then shortly thereafter called Dana out in front of the entire church telling the congregation that he was allowing Mary Martha to divorce Dana cause Dana was forcing Mary Martha to perform unclean sex acts on him.(AKA oral sex.) Then he immediately kicked Dana out of the church. Shortly thereafter the Bishop called a family meeting with all of Mamas children including Mary Martha's mom Rozzie Cazares. He told all of the family that he needed them to pray on something that God was telling him and he wanted them all to pray to God and ask him for an answer Yes or No, without telling them what it was. Of course they all said, Yes, Bishop, God said yes. All of them except for Mary Martha's mom Rozzie. She said no. Then with the approval of most of his late wifes children, he told them all that God was telling him and Mary Martha to get married. Hence, that is how Mary Martha married her step Grand Daddie 1 year after her grandma died and became the first lady AND co pastor of Faith Temple Pentecostal Churches. Her Mom Rozzie, who was the choir director at the time, (a job that Mary Martha would take over after she left) was not having the marriage of her daughter to her own step dad so her and her husband Mark Cazares tried to take over the church and kick the Bishop out. That failed so they left the church and took over half of the congregation with her and started a new church called "Mamas Faith Temple. It is also in Salt Lake City. (Now she teaches that she is God, too... More on that next.)

What Bravo will almost surely forget to mention as well is that Mary Martha and the Bishop actively brainwash their congregation into believing that they are God on earth. That God came down and has taken over their bodies and that they are literally the saviors of the earth (alongside Jesus.) They call it the Revelation. Before Mama died it only pertained to her but after she died, Mary and Bishop have taught that it is on them now. They have the church members running around yelling back and forth to each other "Mary ISSSSSS God" and rolling around, speaking in tongues, going crazy over that nut job. Before Mary took over the church, the revelation was "Mama ISSSSS God", but now it's "Mary ISSSSSS God. And the ONLY way to be saved in that cult is to get that revelation and profess it at every chance you get. In secret and to each other, of course cause nobody wants the secret getting out to say,,, the creators of The Real Housewives, franchise.

Let that sink in.....

THEY PREACH THAT SHE IS GOD. THEY ARE CULT LEADERS AND SHE IS THE HEAD HONCHO OF THE WHOLE DAMN OPERATION.

Mary and Bishop justify it by saying that you're not worshiping her, you're worshiping the God inside of her. That they have let God take up his abode in them to the extent where they don't exist anymore and it's all God. People literally bow down and flail at her feet in church and worship them. If by chance you don't and are the odd man out you are immediately targeted and called out by her in front of everyone and the entire church will turn their back on you. You are told that you are an unbeliever and aren't "saved". You become an outcast. There is an internet broadcast of the churches sermons that you can find on Tunein under "The voice of gods ministries." It plays at 10am mountain time and now 10pm as well. Up until Bravo really started getting going with Mary's cast membership they would play clips of Mary claiming she has the "keys to the kingdom" and preaching to the effect that she was God incarnate. They would also edit clips of the old Pastor Mama preaching and Mary preaching intermittently so that Mama would be preaching half a sentence and they would cut to Mary finishing it. Half the time you would get confused if you were listening to Mama or her for short bursts. This is a classic manipulation technique to back up their claim that the Revelation has been passed on to Mary and she is now the word of God. I've noticed that over the last few months they have put a halt to that and are strictly playing Mamas sermons and twice a day at that. Likely because they don't want the world knowing the secret teachings of the church. Also because church members aren't being barraged, beat up, belittled and brainwashed in person every Sunday anymore with COVID, so they are picking at straws trying to hold onto the last "stick with it till the end" members and their paychecks. Gotta keep that money coming in! Mary and Bishop demand that all of the church (CULT) members have their cell phones on them 24/7 to be at their beck and call and if they do not answer when they call, they are silenced and ridiculed and humiliated in church. Members are not allowed to date or marry without the explicit approval of Mary and the Bishop. Then they decide who they can date or marry! They are forbidden from talking to their family members that have left the church. They are not allowed to have internet access, go to the movies, etc. Basically any and all activiites they do besides work have to do with church. Also, all members are required to confess any "sins" that they believe they commit to Mary and Bishop and suffer the consequences of their judgment. They control every aspect of their flocks lives. Mind control to the extreme!

Let me also say this... Mary looks NOTHING like she did just a few short years ago. Her and bishop disappeared from the church for almost 3 years. All the time while they were gone, Bishop was calling into the church during church meetings, saying she was in New York in the hospital on her death bed with the same kind of huge boils that afflicted her grandmother and that they needed hundreds of thousands of dollars to perform the life saving surgeries she had so she wouldn't die. Finally, after those 3 years of further draining their congregation on their money, Mary showed up at the church with half the nose she had before, twice the cheeks, brand new eye lids, half the skin, a completely different rack of teeth, looking 100 shades lighter and had blonde hair. All the while she forbids her female followers from having blonde hair cause she says that it's a sin to try and look white. She claims that she had no work done and that she's been illuminated by God. Yes, Mary and the Bishop have 2 churches and a number of other businesses but it has nothing to do with personal success and everything to do with the funneling of tithe money plus lies, deception, brain washing and psychological terror. Most of their members are on food stamps because Mary and bishop demand nearly half of their income and they say that it is called "A Love Offering". She travels the world in Versace and Chanel while making fun of her members in front of the congregation for wearing clothing from Ross... What a mind fuck when you are too poor to buy anything because your pastor has you on some whack belief that she is God on earth, forces you to give her most of the money that you make and then makes fun of you for coming to church dressed in the best thing that you can afford and says you have a jealous demon against her in your heart. <--- Actually happened, btw!

Some will say that Faith Temple has always been a cult, some will say it became one after Mary Martha's grandma, Mama died and Bishop and Mary took over. I guess that is up for debate. There is one thing that is for sure now though and that is that Faith Temple as it stands today is absolutely, 100% a cult and Mary Martha Cosby is the ring leader that terrorizes it's members with the threat of eternal damnation if they so much as look at her in a way she sees unpleasant. Her and the bishop are single handedly responsible for ruining countless lives and tearing families apart with their ministry of evil and I personally hope that the world sees her for what she is when this airs. That she is exposed for the fraud that she is and that everyone gets privy to the fact that she is a deceitful, homophobic, bigot, criminal that brainwashes her congregation into believing that she is God on earth. Ask any past member. They'll all back this up with mirroring experiences. The reason why so many people have not spoken out yet is because they are God fearing, genuinely good people who's lives could literally be turned upside down by her and him if they do. People are afraid of losing their church friends and loved ones. I was for the longest time too and will probably do so for this... But not anymore.. If she is going to be as bold as she is thinking she can put on a fake facade to the whole world about who she is, I and I know thousands of other ex members are here to stand up to that B.S.

Oh and one final thing. She wasn't forced into marrying anybody. I would be surprised if her and Bishop weren't screwing before Mama died. I can't prove it but I would definitely be surprised and you can be damn sure that her grandmother is gonna whoop her naughty little butt before she burns in hell for all the lives she's ruined and wicked acts she's committed.

ETA: I can’t fix the double boxes on this post via mobile, but hopefully you can access the info via the spoiler tag!

Have you thought about posting this to the Media topic?  That way, when others join in on the conversation in future weeks, we can send them to this resource easily.  EVERYONE should read this!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Some gossip from one of the local Park City Facebook groups 😂

C972AEDA-0D9E-46AA-BE1D-43757A1C8F71.jpeg

Also a lot of people are talking shit because both the Park City ladies don’t really live here. They’re second homeowners. It’s a small town so people get offended easily, lol. Anyway thought I’d provide some local flavor for you guys! 

Edited by Vipbrj
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Have you thought about posting this to the Media topic?  That way, when others join in on the conversation in future weeks, we can send them to this resource easily.  EVERYONE should read this!!!

I hadn’t thought to do that, but I just did based on your suggestion. Thank you! I agree that everyone should read it. I also imagine more info will trickle out as the season airs.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Really? Do u know what street?

Photos show it on 128th st. It’s not a temple though. Just a regular local branch for weekly services.  The NYC temple (the one where you have to be a member in good standing to enter to perform the weird rituals) is in an ugly converted office building across from Lincoln Center!  I walk past it all the time. 

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I want to know which wife failed to mention a husband? Maybe Meredith? 

He was on the show. They went hiking with discount David Rose, aka the one tolerable Brooks of the RH franchise.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, Chellichik said:

I confess I re-watched the dancers at the "birthday party" looking for Asuelo from 90 Day Fiance.  I didn't see him...

I perked up at that scene too!!  I was watching real close to see if Asuelo was one of them until Jen said the dancers were from Tonga.  Then I zoned out again.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Curious about Jen’s party if it is actually insider information or someone not understanding that they did clear out a lot of the furniture and stage it with rentals for the party. 

Perhaps! They apparently do just rent a house during the winter though and Jen Shah seems like a beotch in these comments. http://www.irealhousewives.com/2020/02/new-details-emerge-on-real-housewives.html?m=1

• Love 3