Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Bali Is in Your Court

• Start Topic

Jess confronts Aesha over the guests’ group photo, while the rest of the boat races to mitigate the impending damage. Tom works to keep a lid on his frustrations, as Malia waits for the other shoe to drop. Meanwhile, Aesha makes a decision about her future and Rob is presented with an alternative to traveling with Jess to Bali.

Airs October 5, 2020.

• Useful 1

This run of BD Med sure seems to be long on episodes - this is the 19th ? When is it over ? Surprising. 

We're almost in Real Housewives of Atlanta territory (most pop RH franchise - thus lots of episodes). 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

Okay even I knew that woman didn’t eat beef as she said so one of the meals before. It all must be setup as for sure they would know that. I thought that was why fish was the first lunch. I wonder if that woman always looks pissed off or if she is playing it up for the show. 

Jess is way too jealous over the butt thing. The other woman had her hand over Aesha’s butt too. There was no grabbing it was just an arm low, probably she didn’t even touch Rob you just couldn’t see from that angle.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 16

Interesting how Bugs told Malia that Aesha “grabbed” Rob’s butt, and Malia immediately turned it into “smacked” and “slapped”. 

Hey Tom and Bugsy, if you don’t want guests sending food back why don’t you try reading the preference sheets. That’s on Bugs as much as Tom because she served the food, and is the chief stew. Just like both of them should have anticipated that guests would be hungry after a shopping excursion.

Bugs is only cozying up to Alex now because the guests are flirting with him.

Someone spoke to Pete!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Interesting how Bugs told Malia that Aesha “grabbed” Rob’s butt, and Malia immediately turned it into “smacked” and “slapped”. 

Hey Tom and Bugsy, if you don’t want guests sending food back why don’t you try reading the preference sheets. That’s on Bugs as much as Tom because she served the food, and is the chief stew. Just like both of them should have anticipated that guests would be hungry after a shopping excursion.

Bugs is only cozying up to Alex now because the guests are flirting with him.

Someone spoke to Pete!

It was a real life game of telephone!  Aesha handled Jess’ BS really well, she just apologized even though she didn’t think she’d done it and if she had it wasn’t a big deal.  

It was jarring seeing Pete so often.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, fountain said:

Okay even I knew that woman didn’t eat beef as she said so one of the meals before. It all must be setup as for sure they would know that. I thought that was why fish was the first lunch. I wonder if that woman always looks pissed off or if she is playing it up for the show. 

Jess is way too jealous over the butt thing. The other woman had her hand over Aesha’s butt too. There was no grabbing it was just an arm low, probably she didn’t even touch Rob you just couldn’t see from that angle.

Yes, and they showed us, the viewer, two times the preference sheet that said no pork, no beef.  Hello, anybody home Bugs and Tom???  And it was the very same woman, very petulant woman I might add, that sent back the Caesar salad because it had bacon in it.   Yep, Bugs and Tom both dropped the ball on that one.  The good news is Tom didn't throw a hissy fit and make Bugs cry, and the petulant woman liked her chicken and almost cracked a smile.

I agree with everybody that thinks "boiler bunny" when it comes to Jess.  Rob better sleep with one eye open, and hide the scissors and steak knives.  I totally believe she would eff somebody up if she went into a jealous rage, which she is how she is coming across to me.  Lun.a.tic.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Yep, Bugs and Tom both dropped the ball on that one. 

Also, Malia annoyed me when she said “it’s not like it was an allergy,” who knows why she doesn’t eat beef, it was on her preference sheet and they had both messed up her salad earlier in the day by ignoring the “no pork”, them going out of their way to placate him is annoying.

I also will not feel bad for Tom being “woken” up when the guests got back. Him thinking that it was a good time to take a break when they were on the way back and would probably be at least peckish because they didn’t have lunch in town and it was about that time when they got back.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21

Jess scares the crap out of me! Rob is no prize, but run far away! And yes, she did drink on the job, no matter how much was in that shot glass. 
I really wish we had seen more of Pete this season. That is my take-away. Not what the PTB intended I am sure. 
Why isn’t Sandy screaming about Tom’s food mess ups. So scripted. Kiki was just a pawn. 

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Jess scares the crap out of me! Rob is no prize, but run far away! And yes, she did drink on the job, no matter how much was in that shot glass. 
I really wish we had seen more of Pete this season. That is my take-away. Not what the PTB intended I am sure. 
Why isn’t Sandy screaming about Tom’s food mess ups. So scripted. Kiki was just a pawn. 

Yeah, too bad. I mean, he got edited out due to a misogynistic, racist Instagram post so I totally wanted further exposure to someone like that....oh wait, no I didn't. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Rob, if you're going to Sandy for sympathy and advice to the lovelorn, you're whimpering up the wrong tree.  A good captain-as-mentor would have encouraged him to take the crossing job and explained why (I'm sure she knew about it by then).  An empathetic person who cares about other people's feelings would have done a minute of sympathy and then some buck-up encouragement and "if it's affecting your work, maybe it's time to put the relationship on hold" or something.  I didn't even understand what she was babbling.  Not that I ever understand Rob either but it was clear he was looking for a stable person to give him encouragement.  Stable being the operative word.

Didn't Sandy say "I love her" as she gazed at Malia doing some bosun work?

Caesar salad can have anchovies in the dressing, so non-pescatarians would avoid it for that reason, but bacon is not generally part of the dish.  Tom's a dingus.

For me the stars of the show were the pretty old-fashioned trams/trolleys, and the foursome of elderly tourists with their matching, but differently styled, crocheted? red, white, and blue caps.  I rewound to catch those!  

LOL, Alex being so embarrassed that he said Rob should go to Indonesia and the producer told him Bali was in Indonesia.  Alex, sweetie, that is far, far from the most clueless thing that's been uttered on this show!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think that is odd that they were not curious about eating on their trip in to town, not even a snack?

I agree.  I did wonder why they didn't eat while they were in town - perhaps they figure they paid (LOL) for the luxury yacht - they aren't going to spend their own money in town!  (That wouldn't be me - I would have been grazing my way through the markets while I shopped...LOL).

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Didn't Sandy tell Malia to stay out of the kitchen? Seems like Malia was in there even more after Sandy's directive.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, TexasGal said:

It was a real life game of telephone!  Aesha handled Jess’ BS really well, she just apologized even though she didn’t think she’d done it and if she had it wasn’t a big deal.  

Aesha did handle Jess really well. Jen came out looking like, you know, a duck lipped asshole.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

I didn't quite follow the enginner's discussion with Rob-- was it that Rob coming for the crossing without pay wouldn't work for Rob getting his hours in? But he perhaps wasn't sure there was money to pay him? And it seems a bit odd that just doing a whole mess of miles (and doing presumably a bunch of watches) can lead to "big things" in yachting. Presumably there's a lot more to being whatever-Malia-is than just that. Any yacht experts care to explain?

Not a yacht expert, and it was hard to follow, but from the context clues I was gathering that even though Rob was willing to work without pay, that wouldn't be allowed by rules, and they needed time to make the arrangements (presumably including pay), so that's why he had to answer soon.

Yes, Sandy told Malia to stay out of the kitchen, which she apparently cannot do, and today Sandy gazed at her fondly while saying a Captain needs to know how to do all the jobs.  Ugh, Sandy.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Angel pie said:

Didn't Sandy tell Malia to stay out of the kitchen? Seems like Malia was in there even more after Sandy's directive.

Yes, Sandy did!!  But, last night, she was praising Malia for "being everywhere" and complimenting her on her sous chef skills.  She also said she would do everything she could to help Malia become a captain.  

Malia is Sandy's mini-me in sooo many ways and Sandy is loving every minute of it.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Angel pie said:

And then Sandy compliments her and said she makes a good sous chef.  

Jess should really get therapy.  Intense therapy.  Guys only like crazy chicks for easy sex.  Once they realize the juice isn't worth the squeeze, they'll split.  Jealousy is not sexy.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Rob, just throw Jess overboard.  I once had a girlfriend like her.  It didn't last a month.

She's a bunny boiler. Scary.

14 hours ago, laprin said:

Jess is scary - like bunny boiler scary. Rob made a good call by going back to his ex. 
Otherwise, pretty boring episode.

Sorry, I wrote pretty much the same thing before reading this.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Marley said:

Rob is fake deep but honestly Jess is a psycho lol.

I still laugh at Aesha saying his face is all aggressive angles. Jess, not everyone wanted your "boyfriend."

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, nokat said:

There is no way that galley (I almost wrote kitchen :D) could be vegan or kosher. I guess if you aren't real strict about either.

All the vegans I know understand that and don’t expect there to be no meat cooked in the same kitchen or even specific pans held just for vegetables when they eat out at any restaurant, just that they aren’t cooked in the same pan at the same time/pans are cleaned in between. Goes even more for people who keep strictly Kosher versus those that just keep as kosher as they can when traveling/eating out.

Fun fact for vegans/vegetarian who eat the Impossible whopper at Burger King you have to specify that you want it vegan/vegetarian so they will cook it in a pan and not the same cooking surface as the meat burgers.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nokat said:

There is no way that galley (I almost wrote kitchen :D) could be vegan or kosher. I guess if you aren't real strict about either.

If you are that observant you are not eating anywhere that has not been approved by a rabbi and have a mashgiach in the kitchen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I know we're all thinking that Jess is scary, but I'm getting some very strange, creepy vibes from Rob, too.  I kind of liked him in the beginning, but his interviews where he is saying that he is better off by himself and that he doesn't trust himself to be open or whatever else he said just really creeped me out.  He has this flatness in his speaking that just seems thisclose to being slightly alarming.  The more we see of Rob, the less I understand the attraction.  Yeah, he's good looking (if that's your type), but he's so brooding and serious all the time.  Have we ever seen him smile or laugh?  I just think there's a lot more creepy to Rob than we know.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Or his ass wasn't at all "majestic"!

But according to him it is very "sensitive."

I laughed at "Majestic butt" and thought it would be a good band name.

• LOL 6

Did anyone see Kiko and Captain Lee on WWHL?  Kiko was his upbeat positive self and he totally charmed Captain Lee.  Every time Kiko spoke, Lee had a huge smile on his face.  The next season of BD has already been filmed but I would not be surprised if Captain Lee requested that Kiko be the chef on BD 2021.      

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
49 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Did anyone see Kiko and Captain Lee on WWHL?  Kiko was his upbeat positive self and he totally charmed Captain Lee.  Every time Kiko spoke, Lee had a huge smile on his face.  The next season of BD has already been filmed but I would not be surprised if Captain Lee requested that Kiko be the chef on BD 2021.      

I'll have to look for it onDemand. I can't get enough of either of them.

• Love 1

Bugsy is totally playing Alex. When she sat on his lap in the crew mess he raised his face up to her as if expecting a kiss, instead he got her shoulder in his face. She also wasn’t interested in flirting with him when she brought his cherry cup to him.

The editing monkeys are really at work, and not just on eliminating Pete. That shot of Jess looking over the rail was from back when she was talking to Alex about Rob texting his ex, her hair is different. I have no doubt she saw what she thought was Aesha grabbing Rob’s bum, but she was probably behind them.

Also, that table which hadn’t been cleared was from breakfast. Bugsy said Jess didn’t do it while she was gone which was earlier when the guests went into town. It was after 2 when Jess and Rob were talking on the bow and they showed Bugsy complaining about the table. Jess didn’t clean it when she should’ve, but those dirty dishes didn’t sit there as long as they’d have us think. Those same bowls with rolls in them from the table could be seen on the prep table when Tom was putting the cheese on the nachos so the table had been cleared earlier. The guests didn’t even use that table for their snack. You could also see the table only had the decor on it when Jess walked by to go talk to Rob before they left, which was way after breakfast.

The guests were supposed to leave at 12 and they came back at 2. I feel sure Bugsy would have found out if they planned on having lunch in town or not. That whole “wake Tom from his break” was bs. When Tom called Bugs to say he was going on break he said to wake him if they need anything straightaway. Then when Bugs was told the guests were coming back and were hungry, she was setting the table we saw which hadn’t been cleaned. All we saw was her saying “copy” so she was probably only told they were awake and hungry. When she went to get Tom, she asked if he was happy with her serving what they’ve got up there for now. He was shown putting plastic wrap on salmon and other dishes and then covering it all with a cloth on the prep table, it was there when he was writing his break time on the board. That was breakfast Bugs woke him up for and he already had general things prepared, he was just waiting for egg orders. Later on, he obviously had more time than shown to make the snacks because the ladies changed their clothes before they ate. You can tell how much they’re cobbling footage together by noticing what’s on the prep table in the galley. Yes, I had time on my hands today.

Was that Sandy ironing her own pants?

I loved Aesha’s “...and a greyhoooouuuund!” when she was talking to Jess about the drink order. Her enthusiasm and desire to enjoy every moment is great.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, nokat said:

She's a bunny boiler. Scary.

Sorry, I wrote pretty much the same thing before reading this.

Did everyone forget how Jess causally brought up how she set an ex’s house on fire for some reason! This girl straight up admitted she was psycho like week 1.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11

This seems to happen a lot on Below Deck. The guys are gung ho to have a shipboard f—-buddy and they sweet talk & gaslight the reluctant young lady and then when she finally accedes, the gentleman at the very end of the season starts acting weird & sabotages the relationship.  I think those that just do their job and stay out of the fray end up having a much more enjoyable experience. Of course, Production would much rather have the drama. My thought with this particular couple,is that they both were looking for a future in some kind of entertainment field, in this got them both airtime. Jess did herself no favors with her psycho girlfriend portrayal and even the pensive “ over thinker” Rob ended up looking like a jerk.

Edited by Caseysgirl
Misspelled word
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Dear Jess,

Do your fucking job, and stop worrying about the boys. 

That is all.

Jess is lucky her department had so much turnover because she should not need to be reminded to turn over cabins once guests leave them and to bus a table at this point in the season.

• Love 14