Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S05.E19: The Bali Is in Your Court

Recommended Posts

I’d like to know what was said in between the time Rob and Jess turned in and the morning, or whenever the time was when he crawled down out of their bunk. Jess’s muttered commentary to Rob that he was the one bringing “it” up and not letting it go—I am assuming it’s the butt thing, but given editing, who knows—makes me wonder what else he’s been saying when he knows the cameras won’t catch it.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

I’d like to know what was said in between the time Rob and Jess turned in and the morning, or whenever the time was when he crawled down out of their bunk. Jess’s muttered commentary to Rob that he was the one bringing “it” up and not letting it go—I am assuming it’s the butt thing, but given editing, who knows—makes me wonder what else he’s been saying when he knows the cameras won’t catch it.



 


 

We won't be able to read his lips. Okay, we never can because he has zombie face.
 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TwopLurker said:

Jess is lucky her department had so much turnover because she should not need to be reminded to turn over cabins once guests leave them and to bus a table at this point in the season.

I know her job was boring but that tip. I'll iron your sheets for that tip.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, nokat said:

I'll have to look for it onDemand. I can't get enough of either of them.

 

I found it, and I'm watching now. Seeing Kiko after watching Tom is a breath of fresh air. That sweet smile!
 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Jess watches this and other episodes back and sees she is sabotaging her relationships and more importantly her own life and happiness.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/5/2020 at 7:23 PM, PaperTree said:

Kiko  is just the best!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

!!

Yes it’s been a ....... l - o - n - g ........season 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, endure said:

I hope Jess watches this and other episodes back and sees she is sabotaging her relationships and more importantly her own life and happiness.

That would require self-awareness.  Jess will see this and think, "My ass looked good there." or "My tattoo looked cool in that shot."  She would be wrong on both counts but that's the extent of her thoughts.

I found it disgusting watching her smoking with her duck lips sagging open and the blank expression in those uncomprehending eyes and the camera showing off her acne.  Just vile.  She'd be questionable even for 3 o'clock slop after a months long dry spell.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

That would require self-awareness.  Jess will see this and think, "My ass looked good there." or "My tattoo looked cool in that shot."  She would be wrong on both counts but that's the extent of her thoughts.

I found it disgusting watching her smoking with her duck lips sagging open and the blank expression in those uncomprehending eyes and the camera showing off her acne.  Just vile.  She'd be questionable even for 3 o'clock slop after a months long dry spell.

Then I hope Jess watches and then she quits smoking and clears up her face.....and loses a couple of pounds. Not that i think she’s at all overweight but she probably will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TwopLurker said:

Jess is lucky her department had so much turnover because she should not need to be reminded to turn over cabins once guests leave them and to bus a table at this point in the season

Which reminds me; I don't recall her getting a talking-to about the table thing, which she didn't do because she was having some drama-thing-argument with Rob. Bugs has been awfully nice to her, considering.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Which reminds me; I don't recall her getting a talking-to about the table thing, which she didn't do because she was having some drama-thing-argument with Rob. Bugs has been awfully nice to her, considering.

Bugs is probably afraid Jess will beat her up!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Except that Kiko is in a committed relationship (remember him telling Hannah how gaga he was over her?) and unlike 95% of Below Deckhands, he is not the type that would stray while distanced.  Because Kiko.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/6/2020 at 5:55 AM, RoxiP said:

I agree.  I did wonder why they didn't eat while they were in town - perhaps they figure they paid (LOL) for the luxury yacht - they aren't going to spend their own money in town!  (That wouldn't be me - I would have been grazing my way through the markets while I shopped...LOL).

That’s exactly what I said to my husband! Sampling food & checking out the shops is a highlight for traveling for me. PS we watch a double-feature of BD & Jeopardy. ‘Thinking caps on!’ My husband announces. Lol. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, RoxiP said:

I agree.  I did wonder why they didn't eat while they were in town - perhaps they figure they paid (LOL) for the luxury yacht - they aren't going to spend their own money in town!  (That wouldn't be me - I would have been grazing my way through the markets while I shopped...LOL).

I didn't think it was odd at all.  The first time I went on a cruise with my mom and we were in Bermuda she was like, "why pay to eat here when we can eat for free on the ship."   And that's been my way.

13 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

This seems to happen a lot on Below Deck. The guys are gung ho to have a shipboard f—-buddy and they sweet talk & gaslight the reluctant young lady and then when she finally accedes, the gentleman at the very end of the season starts acting weird & sabotages the relationship.

That comment sounds like the women want to get married and the men want to fuck.  There are a lot of women who enjoy sex too.  The issue is that women get judged more harshly for doing on. 

Anyone who has ever watched any season of this show should realize that no shipboard relationship has ever become something more.  The exception would be if a couple boarded AS a couple.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, LoreliLee said:

That’s exactly what I said to my husband! Sampling food & checking out the shops is a highlight for traveling for me. PS we watch a double-feature of BD & Jeopardy. ‘Thinking caps on!’ My husband announces. Lol.

A yacht wouldn't be my choice for travel. Shops and food, yup.
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/6/2020 at 6:21 AM, pasdetrois said:

Rob's crafty plan worked like a charm: TV show + seasoned model (knows his camera angles) + temporary buxom unhinged bed partner = maximized exposure followed by said bed partner handing him an excuse to bail one day before the cameras stopped.

At my house at chore time we've begun saying "I can't do this. I'm too much in my head." Not to mention "Did you know I'm a model?"

I'm not sure we've seen a more vacuous pair than Rob and Jess. She's one part silicone and one part sulk, with zero brains.

 

Honesty,  the word definition of Vapid should have their photos attached.  

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

There are a lot of women who enjoy sex too.

Count me as one of those women. I did a lot of sampling before I got married. Used protection so no babies.

 

Jess just seemed to get so attached over a few weeks. I actually appreciate Bugs more, because she is cautious with Alex, because a guy proclaiming his love that fast is someone to avoid.

 

Edited by nokat
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, nokat said:

Count me as one of those women. I did a lot of sampling before I got married. Used protection so no babies.

 

Jess just seemed to get so attached over a few weeks. I actually appreciate Bugs more, because she is cautious with Alex, because a guy proclaiming his love that fast is someone to avoid.

 

Ditto on the sampling.

I think Alex and Bugs are both on the same page - I do think Alex has a crush on Bugs but I also think that he is quite happy with the game they are both playing (and I mean that in a good way).  Sure he would probably like a little sex but he seems to be having a great time (and staying out of the drama!).

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Anyone who has ever watched any season of this show should realize that no shipboard relationship has ever become something more.  The exception would be if a couple boarded AS a couple. 

Like Malia and Tom!

 

Who broke up.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Like Malia and Tom!

 

Who broke up.

I was thinking about the couple from Below Deck: Sailing Yacht, they actually boarded together, as a couple.  I don't know what side of the road Malia found Tom on.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I was thinking about the couple from Below Deck: Sailing Yacht, they actually boarded together, as a couple. 

Sort of.  If I recall, that started ORIGINALLY (a couple years?) pre-show as an on-board romance when the dude was working and she wasn't, or like 16, or something.  I could look it up online, but that would simply be too much work.

But yes, they boarded THAT BOAT a couple.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Sort of.  If I recall, that started ORIGINALLY (a couple years?) pre-show as an on-board romance when the dude was working and she wasn't, or like 16, or something.  I could look it up online, but that would simply be too much work.

Paget was hired by her father to teach him how to sail the  catamaran he randomly bought when he moved his family to Spain. She was 16 when they met and they were weird about when they started dating.

Malia and Tom met on a boat but not this boat.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nokat said:

A yacht wouldn't be my choice for travel. Shops and food, yup.
 

Why wouldn't the guests be able to request going in to the ports along their route to explore?  Wouldn't they be curious to see places close up and soak up local culture, I would treat the boat as a floating hotel.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why wouldn't the guests be able to request going in to the ports along their route to explore?  Wouldn't they be curious to see places close up and soak up local culture, I would treat the boat as a floating hotel. 

Literally no idea, but I think probably that ends up a money loser for this price level of yacht and service.  It's a lot of pretty short charters.

EDIT: A money loser for the yachting company, to agree to that.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why wouldn't the guests be able to request going in to the ports along their route to explore?  Wouldn't they be curious to see places close up and soak up local culture, I would treat the boat as a floating hotel.  

The "routes" are very short.  In some cases, definitely the one I bothered to look up last season, it was just a few miles to the other side of the island.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Did anyone see Kiko and Captain Lee on WWHL?  Kiko was his upbeat positive self and he totally charmed Captain Lee.  Every time Kiko spoke, Lee had a huge smile on his face.  The next season of BD has already been filmed but I would not be surprised if Captain Lee requested that Kiko be the chef on BD 2021.      

It was so nice to hear from Kiko and he did have Captain Lee grinning!  He thought the audience would hate him.  I'm so glad he got some justice with all the social media love.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Angel pie said:

I think it would have been fun to see Kiko and Aesha as a couple. 

 

I actually thought Alex and Aesha would have been an interesting couple, at least short term.  They both are easygoing people with a fun sense of humor, and he’s not all aggressively angular like Rob.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I've been on vacation in yacht destinations, and I see plenty of passengers having lunch on shore...I think for these shows it's probably too difficult to set up filming...the restaurant would probably want to have most of their space bought by production, and bringing lights, cameras, etc. to get quality film of a 2 hour lunch is likely cost prohibitive.  I think that's why they do those lame lunches on plazas in front of tourists. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Paget was hired by her father to teach him how to sail the  catamaran he randomly bought when he moved his family to Spain. She was 16 when they met and they were weird about when they started dating.

Malia and Tom met on a boat but not this boat.

The age thing was a little weird, but I think the couple is well-matched. I believe they recently became engaged. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can't imagine how much MORE of an asswipe Tom would be if he didn't benefit from his posh British accent. I told my wife to imagine him saying the stuff he says with the Boston guy's accent, and she was like, wow, you are right. And you know that phrase doesn't pass my wife's mouth that easy! 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, MartyQui said:

I've been on vacation in yacht destinations, and I see plenty of passengers having lunch on shore...I think for these shows it's probably too difficult to set up filming...the restaurant would probably want to have most of their space bought by production, and bringing lights, cameras, etc. to get quality film of a 2 hour lunch is likely cost prohibitive.  I think that's why they do those lame lunches on plazas in front of tourists. 

Maybe, but they weren't even filming the guests while ashore.  Aesha and Rob barely knew where they were.  The guests could easily go to lunch while the crew members waited outside with production.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Aesha giving it back to Jess. 

On instagram she had replied to someone and said  "Hey I've learned it's not ideal falling in love with a covert narcissist and that i have  a short fuse for being manipulated." She did not appear to be manipulated to me. 

WWHL was great. it was so nice to see Captain Lee have a huge smile on his face. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I loved Aesha giving it back to Jess. 

On instagram she had replied to someone and said  "Hey I've learned it's not ideal falling in love with a covert narcissist and that i have  a short fuse for being manipulated." She did not appear to be manipulated to me. 

WWHL was great. it was so nice to see Captain Lee have a huge smile on his face. 

Absolutely no personal responsibility.

Oid0aaS.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I can't imagine how much MORE of an asswipe Tom would be if he didn't benefit from his posh British accent. I told my wife to imagine him saying the stuff he says with the Boston guy's accent, and she was like, wow, you are right. And you know that phrase doesn't pass my wife's mouth that easy! 🙂

Tom Checketts is (not) in fact one of the Checketts from Poachly-in-Unclewho that's related to the Masshole Afflecks that have a duplex in Southie-on-Wickedfrigginpissa. Casey Affleck refers to his distant cousin as "this fuckin guy." Apparently, they had a falling out when Casey called him a tool after Tom disparaged Dunkies' coffee.

  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, OnceSane said:

Airs October 5, 2020.

 

On 10/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, Neurochick said:

Dear Jess,

Do your fucking job, and stop worrying about the boys. 

That is all.

It bothers me that Jess immediately assigns blame for any perceived inappropriateness to the woman involved. Quit confronting women who haven't a clue about your beau or your inflated jealousy. He's oblivious to others so you need to take that disinterest and accept the fact he likes and enjoys you! That is, until you pull out your carton of crazy. That is not a good look on anyone. I foresee a lot of toxic relationships in Jess's future.

 

On 10/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, OnceSane said:

 

 

On 10/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, Neurochick said:

 

 

Edited by Chalby · Reason: I am going to burn this phone
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I loved Aesha giving it back to Jess. 

And I loved how she let Tom have it when he was doing his diva rant about people saying "sorry" to him. As she pointed out, "I have nothing to be sorry for, I only say it because I feel sorry  for you - as in empathy." He's a goof who thinks more of his abilities than anyone else. Bring Adrian back - now HE was a chef!

Quote

 

 

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Chalby said:

And I loved how she let Tom have it when he was doing his diva rant about people saying "sorry" to him. As she pointed out, "I have nothing to be sorry for, I only say it because I feel sorry  for you - as in empathy." He's a goof who thinks more of his abilities than anyone else. Bring Adrian back - now HE was a chef!

 

YES!!! Like when you go to someone's wake, you say your sorry... It's not like you put the person in the grave and you are apologizing for it. he is a nit. 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2020 at 1:59 AM, endure said:

I hope Jess watches this and other episodes back and sees she is sabotaging her relationships and more importantly her own life and happiness.

I’m doubtful based on her social media posts and recent interviews. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would've wanted to have lunch on land just to add to the more experiences file.  Speaking of more experiences file I wish I had sampled.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size