Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Having done that recently (a member of staff didn't quarantine for 2 weeks after a trip abroad), it turned into a them vs me situation and I lost my job for daring to speak out. 

I am sorry that happened to you.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Kelli tweeted-saw it on another FB page as a screenshot that MTT would start not just in November but November 15!

So basically the girls are gonna cheer a whole season and not be able to post about it. All the hard work to make the team and they can’t even share it. I actually think its quite cruel tbh. 

• Love 23
51 minutes ago, Trixi said:

So basically the girls are gonna cheer a whole season and not be able to post about it. All the hard work to make the team and they can’t even share it. I actually think its quite cruel tbh. 

The TCC knew what they got into tho

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, TB12 said:

Haha, Thunderstruck is on my running playlist & those first few notes always give me goosepimples! When it comes on, I seriously think I run like i'm going across the field & always hear Judy yelling 'don't skip' then i'm doing the dance in my head as I run... 🙂

Mine too!!!! ..........those first few notes!!!      Lol, I love it!!! ~ I'm certain she would be saying the same to me !     I can't even imagine the true adrenaline rush they have truly experiencing this very thing, especially as they all mention for the first time!! 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Mine too!!!! ..........those first few notes!!!      Lol, I love it!!! ~ I'm certain she would be saying the same to me !     I can't even imagine the true adrenaline rush they have truly experiencing this very thing, especially as they all mention for the first time!! 

I cannot even imagine the first time they come out of the tunnel, what a rush that must be!!!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

It's funny because I feel like the average viewer (ie not someone who visits this forum, knows the cheerleaders' entire tenures, rookie seasons, backgrounds, etc.) still wouldn't know who made the squad whether the girls posted or not. The average person isn't that invested...surely there are more of them than there are us. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. And on top of that, I don't think knowing who made the squad will make someone's interest in watching the show drop to zero, at least not enough to make a dent in any ratings. I get not officially announcing it via the organization, but seems a bit excessive to make them hide it, idk 

Maybe they can announce it a few episodes into the season or smt. I doubt there is as much shot than usual

hello - can someone send me a PM as to when the new season will start on CMT? I'm sure the date is buried somewhere in the 105 pages. I got a new box since the last season, so I have to set the DVR and I normally watch football on Thursday night.  Thanks.

Look forward to posting in the weekly episode site!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

IMO everything to do with the cheerleaders comes from the top...not with Kelli, but with the boss, Charlotte.  And while I'm not a big Kelli fan for many reasons, she is a smart lady or she wouldn't have been in this job for 27? years.  Kelli is the day-to-day director, but with Charlotte having the final say.  I can't imagine Kelli not having a weekly meeting with Charlotte to go over issues, scheduling, events, etc.  Over the years, the cheerleaders and the MTT show have provided great exposure for the Cowboys organization.  I can fully understand wanting to continue the MTT show, even if it is shown later than in the past.  I may just be speaking for myself here, but I feel the fact that we will all know the team already will have no bearing on most of us watching the program.  It will still be fun and entertaining...and isn't that what we all get from the show??  Entertainment??   

A thousand likes to you.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

IMO everything to do with the cheerleaders comes from the top...not with Kelli, but with the boss, Charlotte.  And while I'm not a big Kelli fan for many reasons, she is a smart lady or she wouldn't have been in this job for 27? years.  Kelli is the day-to-day director, but with Charlotte having the final say.  I can't imagine Kelli not having a weekly meeting with Charlotte to go over issues, scheduling, events, etc.  Over the years, the cheerleaders and the MTT show have provided great exposure for the Cowboys organization.  I can fully understand wanting to continue the MTT show, even if it is shown later than in the past.  I may just be speaking for myself here, but I feel the fact that we will all know the team already will have no bearing on most of us watching the program.  It will still be fun and entertaining...and isn't that what we all get from the show??  Entertainment??   

I also suspect airing the show later also had to largely take into consideration CMT/TV (as a larger group) technical issues trying to come back to life post-covid. They have to regroup and get ready to air new shows.  

In addition - the NFL decided late in the calendar not to have a preseason and go straight to the main season. That single change alone probably threw timing of airing the show off a little.

I'm just glad we get to see something.. and it will be a change from the past 15? seasons, which needed a new facelift anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Just rewatched "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders". Alumni have lost their status, mainly the ones that posed topless for Playboy in the late to mid 70's. Now, Bridget didn't go that far, but as mercurial as Kelli's decisions can be about the women on the team, it wouldn't surprise me if she did cancel Bridget's status, just for daring to speak her mind.

I enjoyed the documentary.  It really showed how Suzanne Mitchell had very high standards and required that they be lady like.  It's really different under Kelli, but the world is totally different now.  Kelli once said the shorts are shorter to keep up with the times which is understandable.  It has to be hard to keep up a goody goody image in an ever changing world.  There was a time when "yes ma'am" was a term of respect.  Now people think it's too old fashioned yet Kelli has held onto it along with other Suzanne rules such as them needing to wear makeup in public (Brittany Dellasandro) and not fraternizing with the players (Paige, Jenna, Holly, Kat, etc).  Not to defend Kelli's questionable actions, but it has to be hard juggling the girl next door image with the sexy showing of skin that made them famous in the first place.  It was easier for Suzanne to pull it off in the 70s and 80s than it is for Kelli now.  I mean, yes ma'am and don't chew gum in public come across as corny now, but if Kelli loosens the rules she's considered a hypocrite where Suzanne was applauded for these same rules that she created.  

• Love 2

Is Judy still around or did she finally deicide to retire, or  opt-out a year until the virus is controllable ?  Given her age (I think) and the risks of getting COVID , its understandable if she did.. 

I'll wait for the show to find out if Melissa R came back to do her dance-life-coaching with the TCC

Edited by sATL
33 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is Judy still around or did she finally deicide to retire, or  opt-out a year until the virus is controllable ?  Given her age (I think) and the risks of getting COVID , its understandable if she did.. 

I'll wait for the show to find out if Melissa R came back to do her dance-life-coaching with the TCC

Judy is still around she was at the bubble 

Who is the third woman in the video? It doesn't look like any of the vets. Cianna's hair needs cutting, I'm not keen on the length. 

Edited by DCC-UK
I'm an idiot and can't spell
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Is that Sydney in the video? It doesn't look like any of the verts. Cianna's hair needs cutting, I'm not keen on the length. 

That’s Lisa Ciana and briana 

Edited by Holly85
5 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

The TCC knew what they got into tho

Not really. No other squad has had to wait so long to announce they're on the team. It's ridiculous to cheer a half to whole season before being able to publicly post you're on the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Not really. No other squad has had to wait so long to announce they're on the team. It's ridiculous to cheer a half to whole season before being able to publicly post you're on the team.

Let's say it like this: It's Victorias fault 😉🤭

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Who is the third woman in the video? It doesn't look like any of the vets. Cianna's hair needs cutting, I'm not keen on the length. 

Wow, to me that totally did not look like Brianna!  But I know it is her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Just rewatched "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders". Alumni have lost their status, mainly the ones that posed topless for Playboy in the late to mid 70's. Now, Bridget didn't go that far, but as mercurial as Kelli's decisions can be about the women on the team, it wouldn't surprise me if she did cancel Bridget's status, just for daring to speak her mind.

Even if Bridget does lose her status she's still an alumni. No one can take away the friends and memories she made from being a DCC. Like it or not Kelli & Co, Bridget and even Kalyssa are in those squad photos. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Even if Bridget does lose her status she's still an alumni. No one can take away the friends and memories she made from being a DCC. Like it or not Kelli & Co, Bridget and even Kalyssa are in those squad photos. 

Same with Alexandria, even though she basically only stayed for the squad photo and bounced right after.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It breaks my heart to say this, however, Cianna looks really big, DCC Big that is, my God not normal world thin i'd kill to be that DCC Big but wow, she looks kind of top heavy and broad. I don't remember her looking like that and agreed the hair needs work. How has she not been cut for that? I really like her so i'm glad she hasn't been but i'm really surprised to see her it's probably just bad angles... 

Edited by TB12
typo!
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Same with Alexandria, even though she basically only stayed for the squad photo and bounced right after.

Yet still actively advertises she was dcc 🙄

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Yesh so stiff sounding and mechanical. I noticed for me Lisa's mouth didn't match the words either- most noticeable when saying 2020. They all seems kinda off like its been dubbed over

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I would've never thought that was Briana!

I don’t know if it was bad lighting or Bri has been in the sun lately, but part of my not recognizing her was because she looked much darker than she usually does. And I say this as a black woman - not darker as bad but darker as different. Not just that, but something in her face is different as well. I thought she may have been one of the rookies that I didn’t recognize at first before I watched it a couple of times. Still a beautiful girl, just looks crazy different in this video. That being said, there weren’t flattering lights, angles or soundbites for any soooo...

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Wow! Either Briana lost a lot of weight in her face...or she got some work done. I dont know which, but she looks SO different!

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MonaMechelle said:

I don’t know if it was bad lighting or Bri has been in the sun lately, but part of my not recognizing her was because she looked much darker than she usually does. And I say this as a black woman - not darker as bad but darker as different. Not just that, but something in her face is different as well. I thought she may have been one of the rookies that I didn’t recognize at first before I watched it a couple of times. Still a beautiful girl, just looks crazy different in this video. That being said, there weren’t flattering lights, angles or soundbites for any soooo...

I think her hair is a little lighter which might make her skin look darker or bronzer but she also looks to me like Some botox to the forehead and maybe brow area. i still love her and she is the only one of those three that shows an ounce of personality and doesn’t sound robotic.

lisa, whatever. Reads her lines.

Cianna I don’t think she’s a bad person or anything but I do not understand how she got on show group with her blender dancing and she always looks out of shape to me. I think her face looks different too and not in a good way. I guess the hula Hawaii novelty helped? I get why she’s not on there now. I would’ve cut her over Hannah, Brianna or Lily. 

1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think her hair is a little lighter which might make her skin look darker or bronzer but she also looks to me like Some botox to the forehead and maybe brow area. i still love her and she is the only one of those three that shows an ounce of personality and doesn’t sound robotic.

lisa, whatever. Reads her lines.

Cianna I don’t think she’s a bad person or anything but I do not understand how she got on show group with her blender dancing and she always looks out of shape to me. I think her face looks different too and not in a good way. I guess the hula Hawaii novelty helped? I get why she’s not on there now. I would’ve cut her over Hannah, Brianna or Lily. 

They have also brought her hairline forward which has changed her face a lot.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

For those who know proper kick technique, are the tippy toe kicks good or should they be flat footed?  A lot of  the girls tip on the ball of their non-kicking foot.  Looks dangerous?

Kicking either way is fine and quite normal. In this case whether it's okay or not depends what they were told to do.

12 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Whoever this is. Definitely an uh oh. Notice the other vets knees are locked - proper straight legs for kicks as it should be and they’re really hunched over while the others are quite upright still. 🙊

0B31EBA8-5FD2-480D-BE5C-CDED3A141358.jpeg

Yeah that is really bad. Hate to say it but it looks like Victoria to me, maybe Lexie based on the hair.

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BulaKitty said:

Kicking either way is fine and quite normal. In this case whether it's okay or not depends what they were told to do.

Yeah that is really bad. Hate to say it but it looks like Victoria to me, maybe Lexie based on the hair.

After game day footage I was wondering if it was Victoria and more inclined to think her but wasn’t certain.

4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

For those who know proper kick technique, are the tippy toe kicks good or should they be flat footed?  A lot of  the girls tip on the ball of their non-kicking foot.  Looks dangerous?

personally I kick slightly elevated on the balls of my feet purely because my leg goes higher and I’ve got the “bounce” rhythm between kicks so it’s easier to get up, plus if the girls are practicing kick line don’t some of the kicks alternate legs immediately I.e kick left then kick right without pausing? Could be caught in that moment 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Looks like Lexie to me.  Victoria's legs are longer and not that thick.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Let's say it like this: It's Victorias fault 😉🤭

I just have to say it....if this was Victoria's first year, I wonder if they would still make them wait as long to announce they made the team  😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I feel like the late announcement of the team is due to the very abbreviated TC which resulted in such fewer hours of tape to be edited.   So now we will see more of the games, locker rooms etc that we usually only saw in small clips on website because the end of MTT was them running out of the tunnel to Thunderstruck.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

She does. She looks a lot darker. She suddenly looks like Malena. I'm scared. Has our girl been replaced with a pod person

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I feel like the late announcement of the team is due to the very abbreviated TC which resulted in such fewer hours of tape to be edited.   So now we will see more of the games, locker rooms etc that we usually only saw in small clips on website because the end of MTT was them running out of the tunnel to Thunderstruck.

My exact thoughts. In no way there is enough footage than in a regular year

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I enjoyed the documentary.  It really showed how Suzanne Mitchell had very high standards and required that they be lady like.  It's really different under Kelli, but the world is totally different now.  Kelli once said the shorts are shorter to keep up with the times which is understandable.  It has to be hard to keep up a goody goody image in an ever changing world.  There was a time when "yes ma'am" was a term of respect.  Now people think it's too old fashioned yet Kelli has held onto it along with other Suzanne rules such as them needing to wear makeup in public (Brittany Dellasandro) and not fraternizing with the players (Paige, Jenna, Holly, Kat, etc).  Not to defend Kelli's questionable actions, but it has to be hard juggling the girl next door image with the sexy showing of skin that made them famous in the first place.  It was easier for Suzanne to pull it off in the 70s and 80s than it is for Kelli now.  I mean, yes ma'am and don't chew gum in public come across as corny now, but if Kelli loosens the rules she's considered a hypocrite where Suzanne was applauded for these same rules that she created.  

In Texas, yes ma’am is still a term of respect and definitely not old fashioned. I use it myself, as do my children, their friends, etc. I don’t see that changing ever. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

Gum chewing is one of the nastiest public behaviors for a "lady"...not as bad as smoking on the street, but close. 

Even "Miss Mona" in "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" forbade gum chewing among 'her girls'...Miss Mona's rules start at about 1:50. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Gum chewing is one of the nastiest public behaviors for a "lady"...not as bad as smoking on the street, but close. 

Even "Miss Mona" in "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" forbade gum chewing among 'her girls'...Miss Mona's rules start at about 1:50. 

Is Mona also from East Texas?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Omg. I love so much that you posted this. When I read the “no gum chewing in public” post, I thought “Well, Miss Mona says you’ll look just like a cow so 🤷🏻‍♀️“. 

Edited to add: I’ve also literally used the line, “Don’t let your mouth overload your capabilities,” line in real life before too. Particularly at work and when my stepsons start complaining about why we wont buy them an expensive car.

No one has ever figured out exactly whom I am quoting. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8