Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Kat herself said she was trying to look like a goofy little kid. This is one instance where she’s getting called out for nothing and she also explained it. Bad choice, but not like she put on blackface and went to a party (hello Whitney and Rachel W). Yeah I get Kat’s already black. 

That’s my point. Black face is offensive but  stereotyping Texans as white redneck toothless  Hicks is offensive. And I’m not from Texas Children don’t get drivers license so her explanation is full of it. 

Edited by Lexusprincess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I don't think there is one. It starts in 1961 and you can go backwards for easy access to the newer squads. That's about it.

I know I am picky, but I wish it would stop scrolling while I am looking at the picture. I don't want to have to open the image in a new tab to keep it from moving. 

As I said I know it is being nitpicky. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, meg.r said:

A couple of quick thoughts regarding the new website. There are no squad photos, or any past photos of any kind, other than calendar. Missing multiple solo DCC in motions, which oddly enough are all dated July 28, 2020. AND why would you announce Group Leaders yet still not announce your team. REALLY WEIRD.

Probably because it’s not a big spoiler when it comes to Group Leaders, we had them figured out for the most part before the first game. It would be very big to spoil the entire squad before the show starts. We might know the squad but the portion of fans that’s aren’t on here dont. Not to mention they just took cameos earlier this week. 

Edited by Monique

9 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Squad photos are now under the "History" tab in a scrolling feature. I'm also missing the older galleries and higher res images. 

So I scrolled left first to look at last year's, then the year before.  And OMG!  There were a ton of brunettes on the squad two years ago, because there is a noticeably different change in brightness between the two squad photos.  I have a giant monitor so maybe that's why, but I flipped back and forth a couple of times.  It's also cropped in a lot closer, so that's probably part of it too.  Still, lots of blondes on last year's squad!

• Useful 1
Just now, Monique said:

Probably because their not big spoilers when it comes to Group Leaders, we had them figured out for the most part before the first game. It would be very big to spoil the entire squad before the show starts. We might know the squad the the portion of fans that’s aren’t on here dont. Not to mention they just took cameos earlier this week. 

I know and agree, but it just adds to the double standard. BTW I wouldn't feel this way if the show wasn't starting/ending so late. (my feelings of course may change with number of episodes, etc.)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Small nitpick, but I've noticed that the Group leader photos and Squad photos are a nice size... but the swimsuit photos are scaled down. 🤔

And the 2020 photos don't include any of the retired girls, Hannah or Brennan.

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Regarding that picture of Victoria, I think she deserves credit for not only looking great but for clearly having put in a lot of work on her body.  She came across REALLY entitled the first time she auditioned, and this gives me hope that she's turned that around and is taking responsibility for herself and her own success. She also seems to be getting more love on social media from her teammates, which makes me think she's working on those relationships as well. 

Who are you?  Just kidding.  I feel the same way.  I still think she needs a hairbrush, though.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Squad photos are now under the "History" tab in a scrolling feature. I'm also missing the older galleries and higher res images. 

And don't have names which is annoying.....

• Love 2

Love the new look of the website, the problem that I have with it is that I cannot save any photos to my computer. I have a HUGE folder filled with cameo photos and field day photos from Google and the website (the old website let you save it as a web.file and then I used a converter to convert it to jpeg) Cameo photos and the squad photos are some of my favorite photos for DCC, so if the website won't let me save them, idk what I am going to do. Probably crop the photo, but that's no fun lol. Also I don't like that they cropped the year of the squad photos or that they don't have the names anymore. 

I know this is like a first world problem to other people, but I am kinda bummed that I can't save these photos. 

EDIT: I kinda figured it out. Here's an HQ pic of Amber from the 2nd group leaders gallery

A85A021B-07E2-4916-B698-105663719BE1-scaled.jpg

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Ironic that older squad photos are more HQ than the newer ones. I had to take this one down 50% in Paint so it wouldn't be too big to post. Using the GOAT as an example.

dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-2009-squad.jpg.daf31fd0913df89bfa35f7d984feea2a.jpg

I have to agree with you. It's a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

UGH Nicole truly is the GOAT! God she's gorgeous

What a wonderful force of nature. She inspires me to be the best I can be. Nicole Hamilton is The greatest Of All Time!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Try being Australian 😂 we have so many stereotypes about us portrayed everywhere. It’s not a big deal to me tbh, I don’t find it offensive. It’s just a bit of fun. In Aus the 8 states make fun of each other, like the mainland jokes about people from Tasmania being inbred. It sounds offensive but it’s just a historical joke here, no harm meant by it. I don’t know many Tasmanians who would take it to heart. Every state has something that everyone else will bag them for. I know I can’t speak for Americans but I assumed it’s the same over there and different regions make fun each other, I thought Kat was just having an innocent  laugh 🤷🏼‍♀️

Isn’t it interesting how people from different places see things? Fellow Aussie here and I thought the same as you. I don’t find the teeth bit offensive either - I thought it was just a cute filter to use, not necessarily related to the pic. I use cat and unicorn filters all the time even though I’m clearly not a cat. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

2 hours ago, meg.r said:

Am I missing a way to pick a particular year, if not I am glad the pictures are there but still find it odd they are only available as a scroll function. 

I don't like it either. There is no way to go to a particular year, there are no names, as if someone would like to glaze through the squad photo's like that!

Bad decision making from any perspective: The ones who are interested do not want to scroll for ever to find the squad photo's in low resolution. And the ones who are not interested will not scroll through. Smells like East Tex...no, what am I saying, there are logical, intelligent, people from East Texas. This is just stupid.

Happily the same Einsteins who thought this up are lazy enough to keep the old galleries alive, but missing 2018 and 2019: https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/DCC-2010s

This is not how one does the word 'History' justice, hidden in a scroll menu!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Regarding that picture of Victoria, I think she deserves credit for not only looking great but for clearly having put in a lot of work on her body.  She came across REALLY entitled the first time she auditioned, and this gives me hope that she's turned that around and is taking responsibility for herself and her own success. She also seems to be getting more love on social media from her teammates, which makes me think she's working on those relationships as well. 

Maybe missing out on rookie of the year got her rethinking about her attitude.  Is she working towards getting voted vet of the year or other accolade?  Also, any mama Kalina sightings at the game?  Would love to know if she was dancing along with her, I mean her daughter’s, team!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Try being Australian 😂 we have so many stereotypes about us portrayed everywhere. It’s not a big deal to me tbh, I don’t find it offensive. It’s just a bit of fun. In Aus the 8 states make fun of each other, like the mainland jokes about people from Tasmania being inbred. It sounds offensive but it’s just a historical joke here, no harm meant by it. I don’t know many Tasmanians who would take it to heart. Every state has something that everyone else will bag them for. I know I can’t speak for Americans but I assumed it’s the same over there and different regions make fun each other, I thought Kat was just having an innocent  laugh 🤷🏼‍♀️

so very true....lol

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Took the words out of my mouth. I did notice her teammates are starting to rally behind her. I seriously couldn't stand how much of an entitled dingbat she was the first time around in TC. Kelli cutting her was the best thing that could of happened to her.  She definitely matured a bit....I mean I'd HOPED so since she's turning 21 this year lol She won't ever be my fave but I've gotta give her that respect for coming back better and being consistent. She looks good. I truly think Kelli is grooming her for point but we shall see. She might have to fight it out with Amanda and Kelsey for the he position if they stick around as long as she does. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So uhm, I’m trying to be mean because I’m glad they have a website again... but the GL/2GL section looks sloppy and I don’t think they’ve chosen the best photos of these girls...

Well, why start now.........

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't do this, I swear!  Talk about a screw-up!

image.thumb.png.1182be0be8d20fcf86086bc499816dee.png

God I love Brianna. She’s so dead pan humor but she knows how to subtlety show support and call TPTB dumb asses.

4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

That’s my point. Black face is offensive but  stereotyping Texans as white redneck toothless  Hicks is offensive. And I’m not from Texas Children don’t get drivers license so her explanation is full of it. 

I’m from Texas with most family in Florida and Louisiana. Toothless redneck Hicks come in all colors and from all over.

• Love 13

26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh gee, look who the DCC spotlight is on this week🙄

For Victoria' s goals she says she has many things she wants to achieve.  I am sure they are all DCC related.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, dotdot 37 said:

if you don't have rookies you don't have a show.  Unless you are going to change the title and I am sure we can come up with few of them.  VK her third year

Since vets aren't  guaranteed a spot and still have to audition and make the team -- yes, you could have a show without rookies & still call it making the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So uhm, I’m trying to be mean because I’m glad they have a website again... but the GL/2GL section looks sloppy and I don’t think th5ey’ve chosen the best photos of these girls...

Wait, you're TRYING TO BE MEAN  or NOT to be mean? 😂😂😂

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

God I love Brianna. She’s so dead pan humor but she knows how to subtlety show support and call TPTB dumb asses.

Agreed. She’s so sardonic, I find her hilarious and completely relate to her. She was on one of the These Boots Were Made For Talking podcasts and I loved her personality. I also think she loves being a DCC but simultaneously thinks it’s SO over the top and cheesy. 

Additionally, not like this needs to be said, but Nicole Hamilton is 💯 The GOAT. I mean, really. No one will ever come close, IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Love the new look of the website, the problem that I have with it is that I cannot save any photos to my computer. I have a HUGE folder filled with cameo photos and field day photos from Google and the website (the old website let you save it as a web.file and then I used a converter to convert it to jpeg) Cameo photos and the squad photos are some of my favorite photos for DCC, so if the website won't let me save them, idk what I am going to do. Probably crop the photo, but that's no fun lol. Also I don't like that they cropped the year of the squad photos or that they don't have the names anymore. 

I know this is like a first world problem to other people, but I am kinda bummed that I can't save these photos. 

EDIT: I kinda figured it out. Here's an HQ pic of Amber from the 2nd group leaders gallery

A85A021B-07E2-4916-B698-105663719BE1-scaled.jpg

Do you have a snipping tool on your settings menu?  You can screen shot anything you want with it.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Allison Lynn said:

This might come out sounding sarcastic, but it genuinely isn't: it's really kind that you are assuming VK is trying to be better!  I've been assuming that she is getting more love from her teammates on social media because they don't want to end up on Kelli's bad list.  It never occurred to me that it could possibly be sincere - and to be honest, I still have doubts.

Yeah, good point. What prompted my earlier post was primarily the work she’s put in on her figure. She’s even more toned this year, which makes me think she really put some time and effort into it. As to social media, you could totally be right. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11