Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I'm curious to see the table layout of TCC cards this year (if they do them)! I wanna see how many stickers each Group Leader gives each TCC. It was kinda interesting seeing Season 14's snippet of the camera panning over the table with Kelli and Judy in the room with the 4 GLs. 
Some TCCs got all of the stickers, some *heavily coughs* Lisa *chokes* got none. 

Super curious and eager ehehee

giphy.gif

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DallasCeramicPot said:

I'm curious to see the table layout of TCC cards this year (if they do them)! I wanna see how many stickers each Group Leader gives each TCC. It was kinda interesting seeing Season 14's snippet of the camera panning over the table with Kelli and Judy in the room with the 4 GLs. 
Some TCCs got all of the stickers, some *heavily coughs* Lisa *chokes* got none. 

Super curious and eager ehehee

giphy.gif

The whole sticker thing was bs used to creat drama for the show 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DallasCeramicPot said:

Oh forreal? Do K+J take any of that into consideration at all? I just started watching this show this last season and binged every season since LOL

Nope they don’t !! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DallasCeramicPot said:

Oh forreal? Do K+J take any of that into consideration at all? I just started watching this show this last season and binged every season since LOL

The thing is - take Travis Wall.  He came in at the beginning of camp, saw them dance to his choreo and a pom routine they had learned.  Now, he doesn't see them do kicks, jump splits, isn't there for media training, so won't know who has the full package or not.

Plus, how many said they didn't think Meredith was ready?  And you saw Kelli give them stink eye🤣 and Meredith made the team.

• Love 9

If I recall correctly, Holly P also tweeted a player who captured a video of her dropping a pom (i believe) and she responded to it.  I think that was the last time she tweeted anything under her DCC twitter handle before she resigned.

• Love 2

I also don't blame these girls for not standing up to TPTB. Having done that recently (a member of staff didn't quarantine for 2 weeks after a trip abroad), it turned into a them vs me situation and I lost my job for daring to speak out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Okay, they really did well wish Ashlee. Sorry, but I hated her hairline before.

I don’t know about you but I’m not as keen on Chandi’s. It could be the mask perhaps but I thought she looked loads prettier with how her hair was last year and not how it’s pictured above 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I have and would. If standing up would mean losing a job where I would be siding with a rascist employer or one putting people at medical risk. I have and I would again. Because people deserve better and I wouldn't want to be associated with that anyway.

I have a feeling some dancers plan to stay for 5 years but quit after 1-2 years once they get to know the organisation better. And that doesn't just apply to the DCC, there's a lot of turnover in most teams. 

I think that is easy to say until you are in a situation like that but okay

• Love 1
14 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Too bad she wasn’t this opinionated when it comes to sticking up for her teammates. 

Was that you that commented that on her pic in response to Kelsey? Someone said pretty much what you said... 

13 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Yeah I can't imagine this is something TPTB will be happy about, it quiet petty really I thought more highly of her.

If I was them I wouldn't be too impressed as it really isn't a good look from a PR stand point

At first, I thought it was ballsy than I thought it was kind of hypocritical of her. There were videos when they did the bubble with girls pulling down their masks to talk or that game day bus video with girls clearly not wearing their masks. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I also don't blame these girls for not standing up to TPTB. Having done that recently (a member of staff didn't quarantine for 2 weeks after a trip abroad), it turned into a them vs me situation and I lost my job for daring to speak out. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Those in charge can always find ways to eliminate a position, including firing, job abolishment, performance issues-- or whatever method they find to employ. Working in HR, I'm sorry to say I saw this happen more than once. I also observed friends/collegues who resigned based on their convictions; the fallout it wasn't always easy, but they told me they never regretted their decision and,almost always, went on to find other opportunitites where they were in a better place. Good luck to you!

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I don’t know about you but I’m not as keen on Chandi’s. It could be the mask perhaps but I thought she looked loads prettier with how her hair was last year and not how it’s pictured above 

I think Chandi looks gorgeous. 

• Love 19
On 9/22/2020 at 3:46 AM, Deweymom said:

Might not be popular opinions:

1)  This is a great year to change up choreo to thunderstruck...and change the song too for that matter.  ACDC sux!!  Change to baby I'm a star by Prince. Or something about a Ciwboy.  IMHO.

2) Still loathe Rachel W.  Would prefer savvy as a 2GL because she's not timid or fake or over the top humble.  A leader should be accepting of everyone. IMHO.

3)  For the love of God, entertain the crowd, not the field.  Players don't give a FF what they're doing.  JS.

Agree to disagree re: #1..........my personal opinion, and that's obviously all that matters,  I still LOVE THUNDERSTRUCK !!   I play the song occasionally on my way to work in the morning, and get so hyped up like I'm about to take the field the first time as a DCC !!   but that's just me

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
On 9/22/2020 at 4:46 AM, Deweymom said:

1)  This is a great year to change up choreo to thunderstruck...and change the song too for that matter.  ACDC sux!!  Change to baby I'm a star by Prince. Or something about a Ciwboy.  IMHO.

They've danced to "Baby I'm A Star" before.  I've seen video but don't remember where.

8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm sorry you had to go through that

5 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

I think that is easy to say until you are in a situation like that but okay

Reading is fundamental. I have been in that situation.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, KoKo said:

Agree to disagree re: #1..........my personal opinion, and that's obviously all that matters,  I still LOVE THUNDERSTRUCK !!   I play the song occasionally on my way to work in the morning, and get so hyped up like I'm about to take the field the first time as a DCC !!   but that's just me

Haha, Thunderstruck is on my running playlist & those first few notes always give me goosepimples! When it comes on, I seriously think I run like i'm going across the field & always hear Judy yelling 'don't skip' then i'm doing the dance in my head as I run... :-)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Trixi said:

So basically the girls will cheer more than 1/2 the season before they can even post about it?  I really don’t think the show is as important to the world as Kelli & Co think it is🙄

IMO everything to do with the cheerleaders comes from the top...not with Kelli, but with the boss, Charlotte.  And while I'm not a big Kelli fan for many reasons, she is a smart lady or she wouldn't have been in this job for 27? years.  Kelli is the day-to-day director, but with Charlotte having the final say.  I can't imagine Kelli not having a weekly meeting with Charlotte to go over issues, scheduling, events, etc.  Over the years, the cheerleaders and the MTT show have provided great exposure for the Cowboys organization.  I can fully understand wanting to continue the MTT show, even if it is shown later than in the past.  I may just be speaking for myself here, but I feel the fact that we will all know the team already will have no bearing on most of us watching the program.  It will still be fun and entertaining...and isn't that what we all get from the show??  Entertainment??   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The show won’t start til November 

5978C3EF-1D0D-4C2F-8DFA-1C7E46E36E78.jpeg

If thats the case there is a strong possibility that the cowboys season will have finished before the show does, given how they have been playing. So unfair on the girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, MsTBGal said:

IMO everything to do with the cheerleaders comes from the top...not with Kelli, but with the boss, Charlotte.  And while I'm not a big Kelli fan for many reasons, she is a smart lady or she wouldn't have been in this job for 27? years.  Kelli is the day-to-day director, but with Charlotte having the final say.  I can't imagine Kelli not having a weekly meeting with Charlotte to go over issues, scheduling, events, etc.  Over the years, the cheerleaders and the MTT show have provided great exposure for the Cowboys organization.  I can fully understand wanting to continue the MTT show, even if it is shown later than in the past.  I may just be speaking for myself here, but I feel the fact that we will all know the team already will have no bearing on most of us watching the program.  It will still be fun and entertaining...and isn't that what we all get from the show??  Entertainment??   

Yes, exactly! Most of the fans of the show already know the team before it airs. So let the girls enjoy their accomplishment. Update the roster, post the squad photo. The fans will still watch the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Mamababy600 said:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Those in charge can always find ways to eliminate a position, including firing, job abolishment, performance issues-- or whatever method they find to employ. Working in HR, I'm sorry to say I saw this happen more than once. I also observed friends/collegues who resigned based on their convictions; the fallout it wasn't always easy, but they told me they never regretted their decision and,almost always, went on to find other opportunitites where they were in a better place. Good luck to you!

I set up my own business and am now self-employed so definitely in a better place!

• Love 20
On 9/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, Fwcowboysfan said:

As a Texan, I really don’t think this is offensive at all. Maybe I would if I was missing some teeth but then again, if I was missing teeth and left it like that, then I probably still wouldn’t care. It’s a joke. 

What really makes me laugh at this........ which I AM proudly a 56 yr old Texan with all her toothuses, lol..........but if this was suppose to be real and/or offensive, it makes me laugh harder, that teeth are missing but the eyelashes and eyebrows are on.point.  Come on girls, sometimes ya just have to take a deep breath and laugh shit off and have a sense of humor.   DAMN 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Haha, Thunderstruck is on my running playlist & those first few notes always give me goosepimples! When it comes on, I seriously think I run like i'm going across the field & always hear Judy yelling 'don't skip' then i'm doing the dance in my head as I run... 🙂

LINES!! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MsTBGal said:

I mean I found it obvious that Kelli doesn't decide everything. Charlotte probably mainly CMT are the ones in charge

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I don't really care when Bridget spoke up.  The fact that she did, is what resonates with me.  

I can't say what she'd do if she didn't retire, and yes it was nice that she stuck up for her friends, but the point was that it's easier to say something when you know firing isn't an option.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I don't really care when Bridget spoke up.  The fact that she did, is what resonates with me.  

I can't say what she'd do if she didn't retire, and yes it was nice that she stuck up for her friends, but the point was that it's easier to say something when you know firing isn't an option.

I think I missed something somewhere...just what did Bridget say?

1 minute ago, MsTBGal said:

I think I missed something somewhere...just what did Bridget say?

She had some tweet which she since deleted where she basically told Kelli off for cutting Brennan & Hannah.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yes, I understand that.

I just like that she did speak up.  I have a funny feeling had she remained just one more year, she would have found a way to make her feelings known.

Edited by go4luca
typos r us
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yes, I understand that.

I just like that she did speak up.  I have a funny feeling had she remained just one more year, she would have found a way to make hr feelings known.

I understand that she didn’t have a “spot” to lose but I still admire what she did.  
1. I’m not sure if any other alumni spoke up? None that I’m aware of ...if I missed something please feel free to correct me.

2. I also feel like alumni while not in jeopardy of losing their job are also concerned with their alumni status.
 I LOVE that Bridget spoke up!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, KoKo said:

What really makes me laugh at this........ which I AM proudly a 56 yr old Texan with all her toothuses, lol..........but if this was suppose to be real and/or offensive, it makes me laugh harder, that teeth are missing but the eyelashes and eyebrows are on.point.  Come on girls, sometimes ya just have to take a deep breath and laugh shit off and have a sense of humor.   DAMN 

YES! Haha. We’ve got to be able to take a joke without being offended. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, njcate said:

I understand that she didn’t have a “spot” to lose but I still admire what she did.  
1. I’m not sure if any other alumni spoke up? None that I’m aware of ...if I missed something please feel free to correct me.

2. I also feel like alumni while not in jeopardy of losing their job are also concerned with their alumni status.
 I LOVE that Bridget spoke up!

Just rewatched "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders". Alumni have lost their status, mainly the ones that posed topless for Playboy in the mid to late 70's. Now, Bridget didn't go that far, but as mercurial as Kelli's decisions can be about the women on the team, it wouldn't surprise me if she did cancel Bridget's status, just for daring to speak her mind.

Edited by Muckypup61
grammar
  • Love 6
On 9/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, lemonbus230 said:

Because Tangerine refused to properly service the WOC on the team. How do you have a salon with multiple locations and not a single stylist that can do “ethnic” hair. 

I know this because I personally called earlier this year and asked to be seen by the stylist the WOC women use, and they had zero options.

Wow, that's all I can say. Wow. 

1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

YES MA'AM!!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Trixi said:

So basically the girls will cheer more than 1/2 the season before they can even post about it?  I really don’t think the show is as important to the world as Kelli & Co think it is🙄

The people who want to know spoilers like me will find then and those that don’t won’t.  Let them post already! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

OMG that too! It's a running stream in my head when i'm running! What is it, "1 to go up and up to 5 go down"

We are the same person because I definitely do that too 😂 I have a playlist of random Judy phrases in my head. On any given day I need to “point my toes,” “dance pretty,” and “not look messy,” in addition to counting 8 counts with random words

• LOL 2
  • Love 7