Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Remember Your Blue Stone Manners

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

In between? Isn’t Nejaimes in Lenox and Red Lion/original Alice’s Restaurant  in Stockbridge ? Remember Alice ? 🙂 I love Alices Restaurant. 

My DVR saw a sign that said Lenox Library where it all went down so it was Lenox. Not Stockbridge. 

The filming seemed to be all a mish mosh so it could of been one or the other or both?  The original Nejaimes was and is in Stockbridge. I read where there is iirc 4 Nejaimes now, one in Lenox.

Alice Brock moved her restaurant after she outgrew the Stockbridge location to part of a resort in Lenox. The only other thing I remember is she drove a big old Cadillac.  

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh God.  Now he has to walk around humiliated.  She probably figures he’s got it coming as he’s was/ is a cheater.  But, still.

I don't condone what Mario did but being married to Ramona for as long as they were together could not have been easy.  I never bought into her romantic scenes with him and the renewal of the vows was a death knell.  It seems on these shows after every vow renewal there is a divorce.   There where whispers of Mario's  wandering eye way before the crap hit the fan and perhaps being on the show made this worse.  I don't see how Ramona could sustain a marriage with her self-centeredness.    If you recall, LuAnne claimed he made a pass at her and when she rejected him they had conflict.  In any case there were many scenes where Mario was visibly admiring other women.  People with marriages at that stage seem to get divorced when they put it all on reality TV.   I  any case, to keep to the topic of the episode, Ramona makes remarks now to put Mario down because she feels rejected.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Dorinda and Ramona are the only ones being their true selves-they really are that awful. The rest are trying to act their roles, but failing miserably because they’re terrible actresses. That’s why the editing is so spastic. Nothing happens organically anymore. So, they’re slicing and dicing together their ‘scenes.’ Boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Thank you.  That is what I remember too but I didn't know all that detail.  I wonder how she got started as a jobber because she had to have money to invest and maybe a huge credit line and she didn't seem to come from money.  I wonder if she used Mario's warehouse space to help with this because I bet you need it to hold inventory and move it when the time is right.   I also remember she was into body building or some sort of fitness and she was on the cover of some magazine that she once showed.  Mario apparently was attracted to her for her good shape.   

Ramona talks about retreating into her own world to escape anxiety and abuse in her childhood which could explain her inability to deal with people in the real world effectively.  She is what I would call damaged.  She is NOT connected to reality and creates  her own landscape although it is not too disconnected to make her insane.   She also has difficulty with pronouncing words which suggests she could have some sort of learning disability which may have caused her to have very low self esteem which would explain the constant bragging and self promotion.    Her demand for male attention is probably more about validating her sexuality than her need for sex  intensified by the fact that she was rejected by Mario and that had to be difficult.  This is not an excuse  for her bad behavior but it is amazing that she was successful in business with all this going on.  I also recall that her connections from her social world in the Hamptons led to getting on the show.   There were articles at the beginning of the show's inception that referenced her relationship with television production people.  It made me think she was promoting the idea in some way or part of the early conceptual planning.  That's just a guess.  Despite Ramona's awkwardness she apparently knows how to network and does it effectively.  Her recent business ventures were not so successful which is interesting and suggests maybe she is just a one trick pony and with a lot of luck.

Holy guac. This is wonderful. Your insight is extremely enlightening. Thank you for sharing this. I’m going to reread this several more times.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

This season I find myself waiting to watch the DVR’d episode of RHONY. I am not in the mood for the anticipated verbal drunken screeching. This used to be my most favorite and I couldn’t wait to watch. First time ever... I can’t make it through the episode. It all disgusts me. Their behavior to each other and themselves is unwatchable. They are making me miserable. So much drunken anger and bitterness followed by emotional neediness. And the screeching. Sonja and Leah just screech in the background, drunk yelling at random objects and at each other, fighting to be heard. I can’t do it anymore. I dislike every person on screen and cannot stand to watch them rationalize their behavior. I love reading this board and will continue, but my brain can’t handle the screaming and the vapid cruelty without any wit. I’m actually sad! It feels like a break up and I just need to move on from Housewives. We are no longer in the same place or want the same things 😐

I 100% agree. I have to sit in my chair and rev myself up to watch as though I am going into battle. Watching the disgusting vulgarity that seems to be passing for fun is a daunting prospect. If I hadn’t watched it from the beginning, I would definitely no longer be watching. I am now hate watching. 

• Love 11

Late to the party... I finally saw the ep last night.

i almost shut it off after the first 10 min.  Dorinda and Lu were horrible.  Sonja is getting closer to alcohol poisoning every episode. I don’t need to see Sonja jamming free food in her gapping maw every episode either.

Ramona is the WORST house guest/ hotel guest EVER!!  If I were a hotelier or a friend having her her in my place, I would demand she have an enema 24 hours prior to arrival.  That woman literally shits all over everything.  With all her money for “rejuvenation or refreshing” her face and body, maybe it’s time to invest in some Depends. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

Thank you.  That is what I remember too but I didn't know all that detail.  I wonder how she got started as a jobber because she had to have money to invest and maybe a huge credit line and she didn't seem to come from money.  I wonder if she used Mario's warehouse space to help with this because I bet you need it to hold inventory and move it when the time is right.   I also remember she was into body building or some sort of fitness and she was on the cover of some magazine that she once showed.  Mario apparently was attracted to her for her good shape.   

Ramona talks about retreating into her own world to escape anxiety and abuse in her childhood which could explain her inability to deal with people in the real world effectively.  She is what I would call damaged.  She is NOT connected to reality and creates  her own landscape although it is not too disconnected to make her insane.   She also has difficulty with pronouncing words which suggests she could have some sort of learning disability which may have caused her to have very low self esteem which would explain the constant bragging and self promotion.    Her demand for male attention is probably more about validating her sexuality than her need for sex  intensified by the fact that she was rejected by Mario and that had to be difficult.  This is not an excuse  for her bad behavior but it is amazing that she was successful in business with all this going on.  I also recall that her connections from her social world in the Hamptons led to getting on the show.   There were articles at the beginning of the show's inception that referenced her relationship with television production people.  It made me think she was promoting the idea in some way or part of the early conceptual planning.  That's just a guess.  Despite Ramona's awkwardness she apparently knows how to network and does it effectively.  Her recent business ventures were not so successful which is interesting and suggests maybe she is just a one trick pony and with a lot of luck.

Love your whole post!

Re:  Ramona's success as a jobber.  She was in at the right time, right place.  These days, there are "Designer/Discount" stores, plus designer outlet stores, everywhere.  But back then, the designer/discount thing was unheard of.  The fact that you could buy a designer label item for 30% off was insane, and she was able to put together the inventory with the buyers of that inventory.  I believe she made a small fortune.

Regarding the rest of your post and her insatiable need for male attention, you are spot on.  She's talked about her extremely difficult relationship with her father, and I believe that from a psychological standpoint, she is trying to win his love, using men, her body, and to some extent, her 60 "best" girlfriends.  She is trying to prove a worthiness that never existed as a child, and because she hasn't had any/enough/proper therapy to truly uncover and get to the roots, she'll forever be scratching at new men, new girlfriends, or a camera to show off to.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

Say what you want about Leah, but she was more than happy to invite that cute bartender over, and didn't once say anything about his status, wealth, or anything other than the fact that she found him attractive and thought he'd be fun for the night.  Ramona & Sonja should learn from her.

I like Leah too, but she did tell the cameras that the bartender had no money.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was thinking about Leah and her bartender hook up, this is a guy who will be nothing more than a one night stand, no muss, no fuss...maybe a few flirty texts after the deed is done but that will be it and you know why, I'll tell you why, because she can not have a relationship with anyone because it is not Ron or Roy or whatever his name is, the father of her baby.  If she hooks up with randoms there is no chance of any of these relationships working out so she can always be available when baby daddy decides to get together with her. 

Side note, I met my husband on JDate, yesterday we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  I have a bit of a hangover today because the bartender at Linwood's pours a heavy drink.

Just want to share: I met my husband of now 23 years in our 4 unit apartment building. He lived on 2; I lived on 1. 

We flirted in the laundry room. 

The rest is a happy history.

• Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sterling said:

Say what you want about Leah, but she was more than happy to invite that cute bartender over, and didn't once say anything about his status, wealth, or anything other than the fact that she found him attractive and thought he'd be fun for the night.  Ramona & Sonja should learn from her.

Actually, when Luann asked Leah to describe the bartender to her, Leah very drunkenly replied/shouted, in part, “He says he’s into casual living.  Don’t know what that means, that means, ‘I have no money!!’”

ETA:  sorry to repeat info; I see another poster got there first.  I think Leah is running just as much game as the rest of them—she’s just happens to be equally as terrible at it—but sometimes I think she gets a pass because she’s new and so much younger than the rest, so if I get any opportunity to point out how shallow and morally bankrupt she is, I’m on it like a vulture to a carcass. 

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I wonder how she got started as a jobber because she had to have money to invest and maybe a huge credit line and she didn't seem to come from money. 

Ramona says she was going to enter into a partnership with an old man who was going to fund her in exchange for 50% of her business, and when she told her dad, he cut her a check for $75k so that she could do it alone, but she had to pay her dad back with interest, and she said she was annoyed that he actually did make her pay him back with the interest.  I’m not sure exactly how I feel about that, if true.  I’m not sure if it completely fits the definition of “self-made.”  

I’m starting to feel dirty talking about Ramona as if she’s my best friend.  My husband—who hates Ramona number one out of all the Housewives (hates her over Vicki and Nene, his next two least favorites)—got me the book as a joke, and I just read it because I will literally read anything in front of me, but I didn’t believe everything she said by a long shot.  I’m sure there were outright lies, but even more than the lies, I’m sure there were gigantic exaggerations that took a kernel of truth and twisted it into something completely different.  

I tend to only believe the things Ramona says that include pertinent details, like names, dates, times, witnesses, etc  She made a pretty good argument in the book that she didn’t want to do the show and she kept turning it down and they kept coming for her.  She would cite telephone calls with a female producer whose name she named and things like that.  It wouldn’t be worth it to lie about that stuff, because it’s too easy to disprove, and she could get sued.  I’m sure her publisher knew that.  

She also says she made a lot of money on the wine and some other business—maybe Tru Faith or Tru Renewal or both—over the course of the show.  She goes into detail about how much she was traveling and where and when and how much she was making.  It’s exhausting detail—like actual dollar amounts—so I tend to believe at least she was making money from those other business endeavors of hers, even if I don’t believe that she almost died promoting them 🙄

4 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Ramona talks about retreating into her own world to escape anxiety and abuse in her childhood which could explain her inability to deal with people in the real world effectively.  She is what I would call damaged.  She is NOT connected to reality and creates  her own landscape although it is not too disconnected to make her insane.   She also has difficulty with pronouncing words which suggests she could have some sort of learning disability which may have caused her to have very low self esteem which would explain the constant bragging and self promotion.    Her demand for male attention is probably more about validating her sexuality than her need for sex  intensified by the fact that she was rejected by Mario and that had to be difficult. 

This is all so true.  “Damaged” is the perfect word for Ramona.  She seems like she is not fully human and sort of looking around at other people and taking cues from them to see how she should act at all times, like she is some kind of fembot who is desperately trying to pass off as human.  In addition to the mixing up of words and phrases, which I can’t tell whether it’s an act or a disorder, she also has a serious spatial awareness problem, where she will get her face way too close to someone else’s face when she is having a conversation and it just makes me cringe.  

Ramona reminds me a little of my grandmother.  She was a young-ish grandma—younger than Ramona when this all started, so this isn’t a comment on age—but my grandma also had a hard childhood, her husband died young leaving her to raise two little girls, and if you got to know her at all, you could tell there was something damaged or stunted about her too.  She couldn’t really carry on a conversation about anything of substance, unless it was to repeat talking points from am radio or something she heard from Dr Oz.  Everything else was about her hair, her nails, bragging about her ability to snag a man, and spewing venom against any woman who wasn’t just like her.  For my grandma, the worst thing a woman could be was “alone,” which is ironic (or maybe not so ironic), because that’s how she spent several years of her life.  She was also cringingly phony in a way that even surpasses Ramona’s phoniness.

I guess I root for Ramona a little, despite the unpleasantness she and my grandma shared, because I’ve always looked at her as the underdog.  I think she is constantly mining her behavior, making sure she seems normal (because she’s not), and she still manages to stick out like a sore thumb when you look at all closely at the situation and that has to suck.  I guess I also like that she has some gumption, like she seems like a survivor in a way that, say, Sonja isn’t.  She also is strangely truthful sometimes for someone who is a confirmed liar.  I used to like Luann for similar reasons—I thought Luann had a joie de vivre and a cheery outlook that she frankly had no right to have, which made me like her, until this season, where she seems fake, jaded and insecure.  I didn’t root for Tinsley even when she was on, because I couldn’t abide by her arrested development, her constant state of victim hood, and her unwillingness to do anything about it, when she had more resources at her disposal than pretty much any person on planet earth.  Right now, on this show full of drunks, one of whom has a pretty severe documented mental illness, I guess I just root for Ramona by default, since there are such slim pickings.  

I find that if I don’t have someone to root for, whether the reason is weak or strong, I lose interest, whether it’s in sports or Housewives, and I’m way too bored in life right now to give up this show, so...go Ramona, I guess?  (I feel kind of like I need a shower now.  Like, how has it come to this?  This show desperately needs at least a partial recast).  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Mar said:

I 100% agree. I have to sit in my chair and rev myself up to watch as though I am going into battle. Watching the disgusting vulgarity that seems to be passing for fun is a daunting prospect. If I hadn’t watched it from the beginning, I would definitely no longer be watching. I am now hate watching. 

Dorinda was very hard to watch alone, then we get Leah.  Holy smokes .. the girl is botso.  Filthy mouth, no filter whatsoever .. now making out with whoever.  It’s too much already, and filthy is not funny.  Both have ruined the show.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow, Ramona. Wow. Or whatever she said, waddling away from Frankel. She wrote that about Avery in a book?!?!?

And alleges this exceptional relationship with her daughter.

Even SONJA hasn’t done this yet.

I have never liked her. Now I have a concrete reason.

I was going to read her book, but I don’t think everything would be true, so I won’t.  Same with others who have written about their lives.  

Maybe I’ll take a ride up to Bluestone Manor and buy a coffee mug.  Guess she got that idea from Bethenny.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Late to the party... I finally saw the ep last night.

i almost shut it off after the first 10 min.  Dorinda and Lu were horrible.  Sonja is getting closer to alcohol poisoning every episode. I don’t need to see Sonja jamming free food in her gapping maw every episode either.

Ramona is the WORST house guest/ hotel guest EVER!!  If I were a hotelier or a friend having her her in my place, I would demand she have an enema 24 hours prior to arrival.  That woman literally shits all over everything.  With all her money for “rejuvenation or refreshing” her face and body, maybe it’s time to invest in some Depends. 

I heard she has a bad gastro problem.  Hard liquor does not help either.  Bet she doesn’t even tell the doctor how much she drinks.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ramona says she was going to enter into a partnership with an old man who was going to fund her in exchange for 50% of her business, and when she told her dad, he cut her a check for $75k so that she could do it alone, but she had to pay her dad back with interest, and she said she was annoyed that he actually did make her pay him back with the interest.  I’m not sure exactly how I feel about that, if true.  I’m not sure if it completely fits the definition of “self-made.”  

I’m starting to feel dirty talking about Ramona as if she’s my best friend.  My husband—who hates Ramona number one out of all the Housewives (hates her over Vicki and Nene, his next two least favorites)—got me the book as a joke, and I just read it because I will literally read anything in front of me, but I didn’t believe everything she said by a long shot.  I’m sure there were outright lies, but even more than the lies, I’m sure there were gigantic exaggerations that took a kernel of truth and twisted it into something completely different.  

I tend to only believe the things Ramona says that include pertinent details, like names, dates, times, witnesses, etc  She made a pretty good argument in the book that she didn’t want to do the show and she kept turning it down and they kept coming for her.  She would cite telephone calls with a female producer whose name she named and things like that.  It wouldn’t be worth it to lie about that stuff, because it’s too easy to disprove, and she could get sued.  I’m sure her publisher knew that.  

She also says she made a lot of money on the wine and some other business—maybe Tru Faith or Tru Renewal or both—over the course of the show.  She goes into detail about how much she was traveling and where and when and how much she was making.  It’s exhausting detail—like actual dollar amounts—so I tend to believe at least she was making money from those other business endeavors of hers, even if I don’t believe that she almost died promoting them 🙄

This is all so true.  “Damaged” is the perfect word for Ramona.  She seems like she is not fully human and sort of looking around at other people and taking cues from them to see how she should act at all times, like she is some kind of fembot who is desperately trying to pass off as human.  In addition to the mixing up of words and phrases, which I can’t tell whether it’s an act or a disorder, she also has a serious spatial awareness problem, where she will get her face way too close to someone else’s face when she is having a conversation and it just makes me cringe.  

Ramona reminds me a little of my grandmother.  She was a young-ish grandma—younger than Ramona when this all started, so this isn’t a comment on age—but my grandma also had a hard childhood, her husband died young leaving her to raise two little girls, and if you got to know her at all, you could tell there was something damaged or stunted about her too.  She couldn’t really carry on a conversation about anything of substance, unless it was to repeat talking points from am radio or something she heard from Dr Oz.  Everything else was about her hair, her nails, bragging about her ability to snag a man, and spewing venom against any woman who wasn’t just like her.  For my grandma, the worst thing a woman could be was “alone,” which is ironic (or maybe not so ironic), because that’s how she spent several years of her life.  She was also cringingly phony in a way that even surpasses Ramona’s phoniness.

I guess I root for Ramona a little, despite the unpleasantness she and my grandma shared, because I’ve always looked at her as the underdog.  I think she is constantly mining her behavior, making sure she seems normal (because she’s not), and she still manages to stick out like a sore thumb when you look at all closely at the situation and that has to suck.  I guess I also like that she has some gumption, like she seems like a survivor in a way that, say, Sonja isn’t.  She also is strangely truthful sometimes for someone who is a confirmed liar.  I used to like Luann for similar reasons—I thought Luann had a joie de vivre and a cheery outlook that she frankly had no right to have, which made me like her, until this season, where she seems fake, jaded and insecure.  I didn’t root for Tinsley even when she was on, because I couldn’t abide by her arrested development, her constant state of victim hood, and her unwillingness to do anything about it, when she had more resources at her disposal than pretty much any person on planet earth.  Right now, on this show full of drunks, one of whom has a pretty severe documented mental illness, I guess I just root for Ramona by default, since there are such slim pickings.  

I find that if I don’t have someone to root for, whether the reason is weak or strong, I lose interest, whether it’s in sports or Housewives, and I’m way too bored in life right now to give up this show, so...go Ramona, I guess?  (I feel kind of like I need a shower now.  Like, how has it come to this?  This show desperately needs at least a partial recast).  

Thank you for your thoughts.  I have never seen Ramona as deliberately mean (although I may have forgotten some things!).  Odd, awkward, boastful, not picking up on social cues.  I feel bad that she has such a need for male approval/attention in her life and can’t be content with friends and family.  I appreciate the psychological insights here about her damaged upbringing.

• Love 7
(edited)

I just feel sad for Ramona, alternating with feeling angry at her.  I think that her early life left her dysfunctional and has some mal-adaptive behaviors but adaptive nonetheless.  I feel sorry for her, because I do believe the stories of an unpleasant childhood.   No child should grow up that way.  I don't think she can be any better than she is, and I don't think she has malice towards anyone. She behaves the way she does because she cannot help it.  It doesn't make it right but it explains it for me. 

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

This episode showcases Blue Stone Manor that looks so pretty from the outside.  It should be called Gypsy Castle because of the gauche mishmash of outdated styles and a dizzying array of bright rainbow colors and garish patterns inside.  Or maybe it could be called Dolly Parton Manor because she always said it costs a lot of money to look this cheap.

Leah admitting being hard-up for a date so she invited the scruffy looking bartender to Dorinda's party.  The bartender came to bang Leah, but drunken Dorinda commandeers the date and drones on and on about her illustrious career as Head Hostess at the Red Lion, the famed history of Great Barrington, and in-depth description of churches where every member of her extended family was baptized.  I'm sure he was fascinated and so cringe on Dorinda's part.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 7/17/2020 at 11:00 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It fascinated me that other than the ladies who went to pub, the rest were drunk and ready for bed at 8pm. 
They had to have drank a lot fast upon arrival and dinner to drop so early. 

They probably started with lunch/brunch, so by 8 pm it's beddy-bye time.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have never seen Ramona as deliberately mean (although I may have forgotten some things!).  

Maybe it fell into the “my-childhood-damaged-me-and-that’s-my-get-out-of-jail-free-card” category, but the footage showing Ramona gleefully yelling at, then singing to, Tinsley that Tinsley’s makeup makes her look older and that she looks younger than Tinsley, was a good example of Ramona being deliberately mean, in my opinion.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I don't condone what Mario did but being married to Ramona for as long as they were together could not have been easy.  I never bought into her romantic scenes with him and the renewal of the vows was a death knell

Mario is skeevy but I have some sympathy for him in regards to being married to Ramona. That would have been 17/ 20/25 or 30 years (depending on her recall) of being verbally bludgeoned. I find it hard to believe she would have spared her husband her habit of taking the nastiest low blow in a fight. She STILL brings up that he felt inferior about her financial success whenever she mentions him which makes me think she threw that at him a lot when they were married. He was so determined to humiliate her when he left. I feel like that was his 'fuck you' after years of that vicious tongue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe it fell into the “my-childhood-damaged-me-and-that’s-my-get-out-of-jail-free-card” category, but the footage showing Ramona gleefully yelling at, then singing to, Tinsley that Tinsley’s makeup makes her look older and that she looks younger than Tinsley, was a good example of Ramona being deliberately mean, in my opinion.

Also, Ramona being delusional, we see her thick torso and sagging jowl line, who is she kidding?  Don't beat me up for age or body shaming, I am a woman of a certain age, I know how the aging thing goes.

• Love 7
On 7/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, goofygirl said:

"Cashed up BOGANS".... I love that! Just tell me what a BOGAN is.  Like an old lady? A golddigger? A dingbat?  I know about knackers, so there's that.  Thank you ladypoodle!

A bogan is the equivalent of trailer trash.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
On 7/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Right? Apparently he was good enough to marry and have a child with ... it says a lot more about her despairingly talking about him like he was the problem while brushing aside up until they broke up he was the man of her dreams ....  

Agree with you, with you on that point.  Ramona was writing her book in the throes of her divorce.  Remember how she didn’t want to discuss their marital troubles at one of reunions, then at the next reunion they were completely done?  I think this was at a time of fresh anger.  Don’t forget he had an affair.  Now, fast forward, Ramona and Mario get along pretty well...there’s a lot of distance and she might nip at him and make fun on occasion, but she no longer hates him.  Ramona, Mario and Avery spent a lot of time together these last few months in quarantine.  I do think he’s one of those guys that had a big ego, and when he’s wife started getting attention as a reality personality/made even more cash, that was a big blow for him.

I think that’s why Ramona occasionally makes these snide comments about him.  I’m guessing she thinks it’s better if she doesn’t date/marry someone that may fall into that same situation again.  She’s probably thinking she has to marry richer, so she feels confident that the man doesn’t want/need her money.  Think Luanne marrying Tom, Bethenny and Jason...those two men seemed to be chasing the money. I’m guessing she doesn’t want to look cliche.  I don’t necessarily agree that it’s true, but I’m just trying to understand where the Ramonacoaster is coming from here.

Dang Dorinda, you need an intervention and anger management.  I agree with everyone that think the other ladies are afraid of her and that’s why she gets away with her mean spirited behavior over and over.  She’s been obsessed with ripping on Ramona on social media.  I think she’s (maybe also Leah & the “friend”) trying to freeze her out. Remember, Andy Cohen loves Dorinda, IMO, that might make her feel she’s always “safe” to stay on the show.  I think next season, she’s need to be the one on the hot seat for a change. They have all had a turn, it’s time.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Sterling said:

Love your whole post!

Re:  Ramona's success as a jobber.  She was in at the right time, right place.  These days, there are "Designer/Discount" stores, plus designer outlet stores, everywhere.  But back then, the designer/discount thing was unheard of.  The fact that you could buy a designer label item for 30% off was insane, and she was able to put together the inventory with the buyers of that inventory.  I believe she made a small fortune.

Regarding the rest of your post and her insatiable need for male attention, you are spot on.  She's talked about her extremely difficult relationship with her father, and I believe that from a psychological standpoint, she is trying to win his love, using men, her body, and to some extent, her 60 "best" girlfriends.  She is trying to prove a worthiness that never existed as a child, and because she hasn't had any/enough/proper therapy to truly uncover and get to the roots, she'll forever be scratching at new men, new girlfriends, or a camera to show off to.

Good point. I hate to acknowledge that Ramona had good timing with a good, but not genius, idea. Like Frankel. Although I doubt she was the first. Maybe one of the first to throw a substantial amount of money at. It is funny that she now wants us to imagine she is old money. Don’t most dismiss the garment industry as very new money?

Heh, heh. Scratching!

She’s a weirdo when she attempts some of this. Telling the delivery person that she is thin but loves to eat, she looks good but she’s sloppy, does not produce the desired effect. He was polite but gave her an “Okay, lady, you do you. They pay me to bring this to you” look, while also shaking his head and thinking, “My wife is so awesome and not weird or needy or desperate.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 7/16/2020 at 10:32 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought that was so weird and it made me wonder if I've missed many scenes because I fast forward the previews!!!!!  I hate to see scenes repeated.  Now that makes me nervous!

Uh, oh. I think I have been missing scenes, too. Dang. But in a future episode doesn’t someone tell Leah that she exposed herself to them? Is she going to flash us again? 

Otherwise, it’s odd that they reference it, but the producers only showed it in the “coming up.”

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Iris987 said:

Mario is skeevy but I have some sympathy for him in regards to being married to Ramona. That would have been 17/ 20/25 or 30 years (depending on her recall) of being verbally bludgeoned. I find it hard to believe she would have spared her husband her habit of taking the nastiest low blow in a fight. She STILL brings up that he felt inferior about her financial success whenever she mentions him which makes me think she threw that at him a lot when they were married. He was so determined to humiliate her when he left. I feel like that was his 'fuck you' after years of that vicious tongue.

Yes. She told us in the first episode in the first season that her mother drilled into her that she must earn enough money to be able to walk away from a bad marriage. I would not be surprised if Ramona parroting that every day- - emphasis on emasculating his income- -led to Mario’s frustration and why it became a bad marriage!

41 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes. She told us in the first episode in the first season that her mother drilled into her that she must earn enough money to be able to walk away from a bad marriage. I would not be surprised if Ramona parroting that every day- - emphasis on emasculating his income- -led to Mario’s frustration and why it became a bad marriage!

A lot of women are being raised with that advice!  It's not just Ramona.  I think it's pretty common that mothers tell their daughters this.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A lot of women are being raised with that advice!  It's not just Ramona.  I think it's pretty common that mothers tell their daughters this.

Oh, you’re so right. I chuckle that Ramona is always stating the obvious, but wants us to think she cured cancer. “You want to know my secret? I do squats. That’s why my a- - looks so good.” “Husbands of women who ‘let themselves go’ are more likely to look elsewhere.” I learn so much from Ramona.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I take this show with a grain of salt, and in the past I've enjoyed every episode to some extent. This episode, however, was a real disappointment.  I ended up hating all the women-at least for the moment- they are so ignorant and uneducated, stuck in their own little limited worlds. All the "I love yous" to each other is such BS. I don't believe for a second that they even like each other much. I know this is a job for them, but the premise of being friends has been stretched to the limit, especially in recent episodes.

Dorinda is a trouble stirrer, a bully, and a drunk. She seems to have no self awareness. I have never in my life seen a host who is so rude and wants to cause so much trouble for her guests. A "normal" host would try to smooth everything over so the guests have a good time. She obviously has other motives for hosting at her home. I hate how everyone seems to give her a pass- do they do this to stay on the show?  Dorinda gave the Berkshires stay a 7 out of 10.  Delusional!

Ramona doesn't appear to know how to act around others- she can be a voice of reason, but sometimes I wonder if she is saying what she thinks would be expected from an emotionally healthy person.  She can be super mean to others too and I think she knows she is being mean. I was surprised she didn't know how to plunge a toilet.  I thought she had an economically poor upbringing, and from my experience being poor means you learn how to plunge a toilet.  But besides that- most people know how to plunge a toilet, don't they?  I must add that even Dorinda didn't seem to know how to plunge a toilet- she even left the seat down!  LOL- I am obsessed by their toilet plunging!

Luann's crying may have been real at the start of it. Sometimes when people get older (not that Luann is very old) they have trouble crying- it doesn't come as easily as it did when they were younger. She may have been feeling a lot of emotion, but it wouldn't come out in the form of actual tears. The alcohol and maybe other drugs could be dulling her responses, too.  Later though, when she was waiting for a driver, the crying sounded more fake and put on for the cameras.

Leah seemed to be an okay addition to the show at the beginning, but now she appears to be acting in order to get more air time. She was nice to Luann after Luann left the house, but some of that seemed staged.  Why did she go and get Ramona?  I didn't get why it was so important that Ramona come out and help Luann. I was also a little bit annoyed that Leah made those stereotyping comments about the bartender. She does know that all bartenders aren't the same, doesn't she?

Sonja is pathetic and delusional and fake. I can't stand her masquerade. 

Elyse is wearing out her welcome. She has an alter ego called Erika?  Where did that come from? She's full of baloney desperately trying to get an apple. 

I hope next week is better. Len seems like a real gem. Lucky Tinsley made a fortuitous decision to get out of town!

Edited by Ms. Me
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think you have to consider when this occurred. It wasn't so common advice when Ramona was growing up. I am younger than Ramona and remember most mothers in our area staying at home, not having careers and as little girls we were expected to marry and become housewives, or teachers or nurses if we wanted a professional career*. Of course, there were exceptions, but divorce was not as common then. It wasn't until the 70s that divorce became more commonplace and many women found themselves high and dry with minimal marketable skills. More women began maintaining their own careers and financial security after having children, because of this. So, it really was good advice from her mother.

*By the time I got to high school, we were expected to go to college and find a career so that we could be financially independent. Things changed drastically for women from the early 60s to the mid 80s.

• Love 6
On 7/18/2020 at 12:29 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

The best part of this episode was Ramona's description of her life, and why she could not date online. I am pretty sure (unless I misheard) that she referred to having an "entourage" as having an "entree". 

Unfortunately that was the highlight of the show for me. These women are boring AF. 

Oddly enough, Ramona's use of the word 'entree" was grammatically correct. There are actually two definitions for this word. The lesser used meaning is "the right to enter or join a particular sphere or group". So she was saying that she had "entree" into whatever rarefied social world she imagines herself to be part of. Now that's where her use of the word becomes questionable. After all, she is hobnobbing with a group that consistently exhibit all the social graces one would expect from an assemblage of crackheads hanging out on the corner. But in Ramona's mind money equals class.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 10:20 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Two residences, travel all the time, etc. etc. that describes my parents also.  And they're nowhere near the 1%.  They're just retired.  LOL.

That's me. I have 2 residences, I did travel, and I am only a lowly retired school teacher, lol. Ramona is full of herself but I guess her s**t DOES stink.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think you have to consider when this occurred. It wasn't so common advice when Ramona was growing up. I am younger than Ramona and remember most mothers in our area staying at home, not having careers and as little girls we were expected to marry and become housewives, or teachers or nurses if we wanted a professional career*. Of course, there were exceptions, but divorce was not as common then. It wasn't until the 70s that divorce became more commonplace and many women found themselves high and dry with minimal marketable skills. More women began maintaining their own careers and financial security after having children, because of this. So, it really was good advice from her mother.

I never said it was bad advice , so I'm not sure why I'm supposed to consider the time period.  I know how old Ramona is.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never said it was bad advice , so I'm not sure why I'm supposed to consider the time period.  I know how old Ramona is.

🏳️  Sorry, I didn't mean to come across aggressively. 🏳️

I was just pointing out how the expectations for girls/women were different when Ramona was growing up than what we consider the norm today. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 5

I think both Ramona and Sonja were both in the right place at the right time.  Ramona was a young, petite, blonde in the 80's, the same with Sonja.  I'm around Ramona's age and in the 80's NYC was pretty affordable, (I got my own one bedroom apartment when I was 24).  Maybe they lived on Upper East Side (or Upper West Side) walk ups, and could go out partying every night, meeting older men. 

I don't see Ramona or Sonja as anything special, just very lucky. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Iris987 said:

That really surprises me.  Saying he has a small dick and doesn’t make more money than her is really below the belt.  I didn’t think she spoke that way.  She used to be all over him, especially at their renewal.  I got the impression she really loved him.  Mean.

• Love 3
On 7/18/2020 at 7:17 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Blame it on the rosé ... Could be Luann’s new song. Feeling Jovani is so last season.

Omg this is too much. I can't stop laughing. I keep hearing Blame it on the Bossa Nova with it's magic spell, Eydie Gorme 1963, showing my age.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was just pointing out how the expectations for girls/women were different when Ramona was growing up than what we consider the norm today. 

I agree with you.  I'm Ramona's age and joined the USAF in 1980.  Many years later, I was at a spouse event and I commented that so many other women were nurses or teachers (I had retired at that point) and one of the women told me that was their expected career path.  Teacher or nurse.

I don't know if Ramona gets a pass because her childhood was "difficult."  Aren't they all?  I'm thinking twice this season people are speaking to her and she decides she can't hear you.  Tins at the restaurant asking her to come sit down to eat and then when Dorinda was raking her over the coals.  She looks completely stupid.  

My mom's advice when I was getting married to my husband?  "If you get divorced, it is your fault."  We're going on 38 years but how is that for  advice?!?  Thanks Mom!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I just remembered that when Dorinda was on Watch What Happens Live this week and was asked about her slurring when she speaks, she said it must be her western Massachusetts accent! I lived in that area for many years, and believe me, that’s not what it is.🙄🙄🙄🍹🍹🍹🍷🍷🍷

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

That really surprises me.  Saying he has a small dick and doesn’t make more money than her is really below the belt.  I didn’t think she spoke that way.  She used to be all over him, especially at their renewal.  I got the impression she really loved him.  Mean.

Adultery is also below the belt.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mar said:

I just remembered that when Dorinda was on Watch What Happens Live this week and was asked about her slurring when she speaks, she said it must be her western Massachusetts accent! I lived in that area for many years, and believe me, that’s not what it is.🙄🙄🙄🍹🍹🍹🍷🍷🍷

Good lord it must be a first for the brain damage caused by alcohol abuse to be confused for a western Massachusetts accent.  Dorinda makes up this crap to make herself feel better.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:25 PM, Anne Thrax said:

This

Leah admitting being hard-up for a date so she invited the scruffy looking bartender to Dorinda's party.  The bartender came to bang Leah, but drunken Dorinda commandeers the date and drones on and on about her illustrious career as Head Hostess at the Red Lion, the famed history of Great Barrington, and in-depth description of churches where every member of her extended family was baptized. 

I'm sure Dorinda wanted in on whatever they were "doing" later.

• Love 1