Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Remember Your Blue Stone Manners

• Start Topic

Watching the episode now. None of these people are great - Lu's looming over Ramona daring to say that Sonja had her caburlesque show wasn't wonderful - but Sonja's playing the victim and Dorinda's nastiness are as ever-present as death and taxes.  Quite honestly, it drives me absoultely batty that Sonja says that Lu isn't paying her when she IS paying her, Sonja just thinks she's worth more.

Dorinda saying "I don't use liquor as an excuse." Good, you shouldn't, Dorinda. You should recognize you are a nasty human being with or without liquor.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Okie Dokie: Ramona is an idiot, Dorinda is a drunk, Sonja is a drunk, and Luann is a drunk, and Leigha is horny. 

Did Ramona seriously insinuate that Mario couldn’t get his small penis up due to jealousy because Ramona made more money than he did?! 🤪

The worst thing you can say about a man.  I don’t care what she’s done to make money.  The woman is not all there in the head and talks like a child.  How would she like if he said she was not sexy and lousy in bed?

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The worst thing you can say about a man.  I don’t care what she’s done to make money.  The woman is not all there in the head and talks like a child.  How would she like if he said she was not sexy and lousy in bed?

Maybe the reason  he couldn’t get it up is because she was a nagging social climbing shrew .. there is always two sides to a story. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’d say 1 percenters that Ramona is trying to include herself in are more billionaires they own islands and Mega yachts they have more money then 10 generations could even think about spending .. ... they look down at those who only have millions which is a lot more then the average person would ever dream of having 100% I understand that... even the average millionaires can’t just vacation whenever they want they still need to work .. do they vacation yes.... ..benzo Tesla zuckerburg gates etc etc are 1 percenters or more correctly the .01% .. is Ramona comfortable yes is she the upper crust of the wealthy not like she would like to believe no 

I agree with everything in this post.  I just disagree with Ramona’s use of the term “one percenter” to convey everything you’ve listed, like islands and mega-yachts, because I think we suspect the same thing:  it causes people to conjure a lifestyle that Ramona doesn’t have.  I think someone either needs to do the math and figure out what to call someone who is loaded but not quite a billionaire (a point zero, zero, zero one percenter?) or we just need to go back to saying “rich.”  I don’t know when we stopped using the term “rich.”  It is one syllable and gets the point across.  Then if you say you’re rich, everyone can expect you to have a huge house with servants like Daddy Warbucks from Annie, and if you don’t have that, then everyone can point out that you’re a poseur (Ramona).  

I just think “one percenter” is misleading, even by Americans standards.  I read in a book by an economist that almost anyone who owns a home in the Silicon Vallley is a one percenter in America.  That doesn’t mean they’re rich by any means.  I don’t like to let people slip and slide on language, so that they can do double talk when they can’t back it up, which these women seem to love to do.  

I don’t think Ramona is rich.  I think she’s perhaps wealthy, or perhaps only well off.  I just think that if we stripped the term “one percenter” from the conversation, it would reveal people for how much money they actually have.  It’s so easy to hide behind this one percent crap, which causes people to envision Warren Buffett, when a one percenter is just as easily a guy who mows his own lawn in Palo Alto.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Clarity
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Maybe the reason  he couldn’t get it up is because she was nagging social climbing shrew 

What are her credentials anyhow?  Why is she so high and mighty?  She’s probably the laughing stock of the Hamptons.

• Love 12
Just now, Silver Bells said:

What are her credentials anyhow?  Why is she so high and mighty?  She’s probably the laughing stock of the Hamptons.

Right? Apparently he was good enough to marry and have a child with ... it says a lot more about her despairingly talking about him like he was the problem while brushing aside up until they broke up he was the man of her dreams ....  

• Love 8
(edited)

And Ramona loses me with this whole idea of being a "one percenter."  It's fine to say that she doesn't like online dating, but the idea that she has to fine a rich guy is its own form of vulgarity. Good for "Dorinda's friend," whoever he is, for pushing Ramona on that. 

ETA: Is there a more Dorinda statement than "I realized I love Leah because she's a mini-me!" God, she's such an awful narcissist. 

EATA: No one cares about your Great Berkshire Upbringing, Dorinda.  But her feelings of inadequacy are really shining through in this situation. All she really cares about is still impressing the people of Great Barrington. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Right? Apparently he was good enough to marry and have a child with ... it says a lot more about her despairingly talking about him like he was the problem while brushing aside up until they broke up he was the man of her dreams ....  

She’s still miserable without him and would take him back in a minute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s still miserable without him and would take him back in a minute.

Right? That super thirsty I love you preview clip and her snipping you’re supposed to say I love you back.. he doesn’t have to say shit stop trying to control and emasculate him Ramona  

• Love 8
21 hours ago, snarts said:

Wow, you'd think that after 4+ seasons Dorinda would learn to wipe her mouth with a napkin before going off on a tirade. 

She was so drunk she nearly collided with the camera.

I think Dorinda needs an intervention and fast.  She's only a half a drunk away from a mug shot, or worse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Yes.  I had to turn my volume up to 70 and still couldn't really understand them.

I just turn on closed captioning.  Hey, my TV is almost 30 years old and it has CC, thank God.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

“I love you, I love you, I love you” is all they say.  They all probably hate each other off the set in real life.  I like LuAnn, always did, but she cannot sing to save her life.  If she wasn’t a housewife on t.v., she wouldn’t have Cabaret.  Leah does not belong with this group.  She’s too young for them and belongs downtown.  I loved Richards headstone .. None there .. it was a mess.  It sickened me how quickly they forgot everything the next morning and were kissing and hugging once again.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

She was so drunk she nearly collided with the camera.

I think Dorinda needs an intervention and fast.  She's only a half a drunk away from a mug shot, or worse.

I caught Dorinda smoking when they came back from commercial.  She ducked into a room fast.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Again Dorinda and Luanne were acting like they were on more than alcohol. Dorinda was like deranged lol. I love Elyse’s alter ego’s name haha. The girls on this show really go off on Luanne. Bethenny was really bad from a past season,but so was Dorinda with calling Luanne a drunken fool. I don’t understand how she just takes it,I guess because it’s Dorinda’s house. I couldn’t forgive so easily. I wouldn’t have hugged Sonja lol Ramona still isn’t a fan of Luanne as I can see lol. She was on Sonja and Dorinda’s side quick lol. 

• Love 3

The thing is (and this is going to be very unpopular) wealthy, rich and/or 1% men of any age are not generally interested in 60-year old women, unless they are in love and still with their first wife. It’s not fair, but for the most part it is true. Ramona should be happy and consider herself lucky to find a nice man who runs in her circles and isn’t embarrassed to be seen with her for the way she behaves. I think what she’s trying to do is find somebody who is better than Mario, and looks/money wise, that’s probably not going to happen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Richard’s headstone was flat, but in my parent’s’ cemetery, they are now required to be flat so it is easier to mow around them.  That said, it was messy looking.

We have a plunger in all of our bathrooms except the main level powder room.  We’re just practical that way.  lol. My guess is that there was one in Ramona’s bathroom because it is an old house, and well ... 

• Love 3

Sing this to a verse from the song 'A Spoonful of Sugar':

A big hefty plunger helps the Noodle turd go down
The Noodle turd go down, The Noodle turd go down.
Just a big hefty push from her sends the Mona turd on down
In a most delightful way.  

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, Cherrio said:

They filmed a dinner at the Red Lion on the first trip iirc to the Berkshires.  I remember thinking they must be in dire straits to let them film there.

They also filmed at Wheatleigh, the dinner scene about Luann having to stay in the fish room.

There is a library looking building in between Nejaimes and the Red Lion Inn. It was originally a church, then the first location of Alice's Restaurant.

Nejaimes sure has changed, it used to be a grocery/lunch counter store, made very famous by Norman Rockwell.

In between? Isn’t Nejaimes in Lenox and Red Lion/original Alice’s Restaurant  in Stockbridge ? Remember Alice ? 🙂 I love Alices Restaurant. 

My DVR saw a sign that said Lenox Library where it all went down so it was Lenox. Not Stockbridge. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Mar said:

I haven’t read the other comments here yet, so maybe someone has already mentioned the fact that Dorinda got physical with Luanne when Luanne was leaving the house with her suitcase. 100% unacceptable. She needs to be taken off the show. 

I said last year I think that it was only a matter of time before Dorinda physically assaults someone on the show. She came real close to assaulting Sonja during a lunch at Luann's Hamptons house back in season 10. At the time Ramona removed her from the table. Well Nene assaulted a camera man on RHATL and knocked his tooth out and she is still on that show. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

They probably tell their daughters “oh, we have to be outrageous for the show .. it’s all an act”.  But, I really think they are how they appear, especially Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona.  Maybe not so much LuAnn, although she did threaten the cop and get arrested.  Someone said Ramona frequents bars and picks up guys to have sex with.  That really surprises me.  I thought she was different.  In fact, coming from upper Manhattan, I thought they would have a little more class.  All of them.

As the song goes money can't buy you class.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Right? Apparently he was good enough to marry

Twice! Vow renewal is always the kiss of death.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong

Nice Dave Chapelle reference Leah!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

The thing is (and this is going to be very unpopular) wealthy, rich and/or 1% men of any age are not generally interested in 60-year old women, unless they are in love and still with their first wife. It’s not fair, but for the most part it is true. Ramona should be happy and consider herself lucky to find a nice man who runs in her circles and isn’t embarrassed to be seen with her for the way she behaves. I think what she’s trying to do is find somebody who is better than Mario, and looks/money wise, that’s probably not going to happen.

Ramona is blaming her financial situation as a reason for not being remarried at this point. I can totally see her end up with some middle-class, blue collar man, if only he would show some interest. And Lord knows, marrying a plumber would benefit her in many ways. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Ramona should be happy and consider herself lucky to find a nice man who runs in her circles and isn’t embarrassed to be seen with her for the way she behaves. 

Does such a man exist?

• LOL 6
23 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Dorinda: “Now that that Tinsley is gone I realize how much I like Leah. She is just like me.”

Yes she is. A drunken idiot with no boundaries. 

She is just not as bitter and dried up as Dorinda.

But give her time. She will catch up.

Clicking on the little heart to “like” this message just isn’t enough because I love it so much. So I will just share it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, ladypoodle said:

No decorum what.so.ever.

Which is fine when you don't think you're some worldly jetset elite like the poo-bandit thinks she is.

All I could think about watching was how nasty sloppy uneducated inarticulate and vulgar they all are and beautiful stately homes, fancy dinner parties etc are totally wasted on them.

In Australia we call them cashed up bogans.

Poo bandit !!!🤣🤣🤣 and yes, nasty, sloppy, uneducated, inarticulate, and vulgar. I’ll add crass and delusional, and I’m sad for myself that I can’t quit this show that repulses me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Marley said:

Dorinda is such a nasty fucking drunk. She’s not even fun to watch anymore. Her drink was like all booze too. Who would ever wanna be around her.

Lol Leah saying Dorinda has stock in Jovani.

Sonja is a sloppy annoying drunk. Another person I would never wanna be around.

That poor housekeeper lol.

Atleast these ladies get over shit tho unless like RHOBH that have been having the same convo for 10 episodes.

I noticed when Luanne was walking down the hall with Dorinda in the very beginning of the episode,  Dorinda was already drunk.  She was out of it already.  WTF?    Does this woman have such a bad life?  If a guy with money happened to be interested in her, she’d perk up in a minute.  I doubt it tho.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2020 at 9:45 PM, tranquilidade said:

How do they recover from all that drinking?  No one is hungover?  How can that be possible?

At least tonight, it seemed like everyone went to be around 8PM. They start drinking in the afternoon and by 9 they go to sleep. You see that when they go out out, Dorinda usually leaves early, and Sonja is beyond belligerent if they go anywhere after dinner. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’d say 1 percenters that Ramona is trying to include herself in are more billionaires they own islands and Mega yachts they have more money then 10 generations could even think about spending .. ... they look down at those who only have millions which is a lot more then the average person would ever dream of having 100% I understand that... even the average millionaires can’t just vacation whenever they want they still need to work .. do they vacation yes.... ..benzo Tesla zuckerburg gates etc etc are 1 percenters or more correctly the .01% .. is Ramona comfortable yes is she the upper crust of the wealthy not like she would like to believe no 

A real one percenter wouldn't brag openly about it...she's a wannabe with a comfortable lifestyle.

• Love 16

The best part of this episode was Ramona's description of her life, and why she could not date online. I am pretty sure (unless I misheard) that she referred to having an "entourage" as having an "entree". 

Unfortunately that was the highlight of the show for me. These women are boring AF. 

• LOL 4

I’m watching WWHL for you guys. Dorinda regrets the turkey baster dig, but said she thought it was funny. 

Rapaport told her that even though he loves her, she has become the Bully of Bravo this season, and she hasn’t been making it nice. She said, “I didn’t feel nice.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 7/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh come on.  Meeting the bartender is less random than meeting someone online.  How are women supposed to meet men these days?  Almost every couple I know either met in high school or college or online.  It's really hard to meet people as an adult.  I know two married couples that met at pizza chains.  One has been married for 13 years.

I was thinking about Leah and her bartender hook up, this is a guy who will be nothing more than a one night stand, no muss, no fuss...maybe a few flirty texts after the deed is done but that will be it and you know why, I'll tell you why, because she can not have a relationship with anyone because it is not Ron or Roy or whatever his name is, the father of her baby.  If she hooks up with randoms there is no chance of any of these relationships working out so she can always be available when baby daddy decides to get together with her. 

Side note, I met my husband on JDate, yesterday we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  I have a bit of a hangover today because the bartender at Linwood's pours a heavy drink.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Dorinda is a monster. Following Luanne to the door, spittle flying, just a disgusting vulgar human. This season can’t end soon enough. 

Ramona saying Sonja is worth a couple grand for a five minute cabaret appearance??  She’s not worth the couple hundred she’s getting paid. And miss me with the whole one percenter bullshit. I do respect the fact that she made her own money premarriage instead of living off her husband ala Dorinda and Sonja but lady give me a break. I don’t think she was referring to Mário about the small dick though. i think she meant post marriage guys she’s dated. 

These ladies to love to hang up on Luanne. I think of all of them she’s the only one who can still snag a rich and attractive guy. Sonja and Dorinda in particular can’t even fake any class at this point.

I loved Leahs pleated skirt and white sweater combo. First time I’ve thought she looked good and also didn’t act like a maniac. Still team Elyse. 

That poor housekeeper and delivery guy. At least he could leave. He just shook his head as he was walking away. Bitches crazy.  

• Love 9
18 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

He’d husband died of a liver disease...I suspect alcohol likely played a role in her marriage.   I liked Dorinda in her first season, but her blow ups have escalated every season.  Bethenny is the only one whom has been able to call her out.

I honestly don’t think Dorinda gives a shit about any of the ladies, but will pretend to in order to rally her coalition against Ramona.  Ramona sucks on so many levels, but I can’t imagine the show without her.  

Remember when Dorinda went to Puerto Rico with Bethenny for business?  Didn’t Beth tell her straight out that she needed help?  That was a couple of years ago, and she’s still at her drunken ways.  How much slack are they all going to give her?  What’s with Dorinda’s sister too?  She should do something as she’s starting to assault people.  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Maybe the reason  he couldn’t get it up is because she was a nagging social climbing shrew .. there is always two sides to a story. 

Someone please refresh my memory.  All I know about Ramona is she was a buyer at Macy’s and ran the jewelry store with Mario, and got some kind of 2 yr degree from FIT?  Plus, she bought her house by herself.  Is that it?  Or is there some more earth shattering thing she did?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Someone please refresh my memory.  All I know about Ramona is she was a buyer at Macy’s and ran the jewelry store with Mario, and got some kind of 2 yr degree from FIT?  Plus, she bought her house by herself.  Is that it?  Or is there some more earth shattering thing she did?

that's about it ... I mean that's not nothing but the way she talks about herself you would think she cured cancer and no one makes or has made more money then she does or has

• Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Ramona was a lot more than a buyer at Macy's.  She had her own company, as a "jobber".  A "jobber" is someone who buys say, last season's inventory and resells.  To be a successful jobber, in the most competitive garment district in the world, says a lot.  I was in that world for many years, and when I discovered this fact about Ramona, I was floored.

To be in the top 1% of U.S. wealth, your net worth only has to be around $10 million.  I say "only", because people think it's billions.  It's not....it's several millions.  I firmly believe that Ramona is worth that much, especially since that can include real estate, etc.  To talk about it in that way?  Crass, crass, crass.  But do I believe it?  Yes.

I can't stand Ramona.  I can't stand the way she talks about herself in a way that's always meant to pump up her image.  60 "best girlfriends", 1%, and my latest fave...."I know I look thin, but I love food".  Ugh....beyotch....please.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Ramona and probably all of them have narcissistic tendencies. People on "reality shows" probably self-select for this. So of course Ramona is the center of the universe. Her daughter might be noticed, maybe.

• Love 6

This season I find myself waiting to watch the DVR’d episode of RHONY. I am not in the mood for the anticipated verbal drunken screeching. This used to be my most favorite and I couldn’t wait to watch. First time ever... I can’t make it through the episode. It all disgusts me. Their behavior to each other and themselves is unwatchable. They are making me miserable. So much drunken anger and bitterness followed by emotional neediness. And the screeching. Sonja and Leah just screech in the background, drunk yelling at random objects and at each other, fighting to be heard. I can’t do it anymore. I dislike every person on screen and cannot stand to watch them rationalize their behavior. I love reading this board and will continue, but my brain can’t handle the screaming and the vapid cruelty without any wit. I’m actually sad! It feels like a break up and I just need to move on from Housewives. We are no longer in the same place or want the same things 😐

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Ramona was a lot more than a buyer at Macy's.  She had her own company, as a "jobber".  A "jobber" is someone who buys say, last season's inventory and resells.  To be a successful jobber, in the most competitive garment district in the world, says a lot.  I was in that world for many years, and when I discovered this fact about Ramona, I was floored.

To be in the top 1% of U.S. wealth, your net worth only has to be around $10 million.  I say "only", because people think it's billions.  It's not....it's several millions.  I firmly believe that Ramona is worth that much, especially since that can include real estate, etc.  To talk about it in that way?  Crass, crass, crass.  But do I believe it?  Yes.

I can't stand Ramona.  I can't stand the way she talks about herself in a way that's always meant to pump up her image.  60 "best girlfriends", 1%, and my latest fave...."I know I look thin, but I love food".  Ugh....beyotch....please.

I’m floored also.  Thanks for the info.  I like Ramona andSonja together as they are stupid comical.  I don’t like how they brag tho, and make more than they are now.  They both are floundering in a sea of loneliness.

• Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m floored also.  Thanks for the info.  I like Ramona andSonja together as they are stupid comical.  I don’t like how they brag tho, and make more than they are now.  They both are floundering in a sea of loneliness.

I love Ramona and Sonja's friendship too, and I find it so sad how terribly lonely they both are.
Sonja just can't let go of having been "Mrs. Morgan", and Ramona can't find anyone "worthy" (in her mind) of her in terms of wealth and status.

They should either just be happy with the female friendships they have, plus their daughters and their work, or they should find nice, available men who want to be with them, regardless of wealth or status.

But I believe they'll spend the rest of their lives (literally, the rest of the days of their lives) living in their dysfunction.

Say what you want about Leah, but she was more than happy to invite that cute bartender over, and didn't once say anything about his status, wealth, or anything other than the fact that she found him attractive and thought he'd be fun for the night.  Ramona & Sonja should learn from her.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

If Mario could not perform for Ramona maybe it was because he found her disgusting.  I doubt it had anything to do with money.

Oh God.  Now he has to walk around humiliated.  She probably figures he’s got it coming as he’s was/ is a cheater.  But, still.

• Love 1

Wow, Ramona. Wow. Or whatever she said, waddling away from Frankel. She wrote that about Avery in a book?!?!?

And alleges this exceptional relationship with her daughter.

Even SONJA hasn’t done this yet.

I have never liked her. Now I have a concrete reason.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Thank you.  That is what I remember too but I didn't know all that detail.  I wonder how she got started as a jobber because she had to have money to invest and maybe a huge credit line and she didn't seem to come from money.  I wonder if she used Mario's warehouse space to help with this because I bet you need it to hold inventory and move it when the time is right.   I also remember she was into body building or some sort of fitness and she was on the cover of some magazine that she once showed.  Mario apparently was attracted to her for her good shape.   

Ramona talks about retreating into her own world to escape anxiety and abuse in her childhood which could explain her inability to deal with people in the real world effectively.  She is what I would call damaged.  She is NOT connected to reality and creates  her own landscape although it is not too disconnected to make her insane.   She also has difficulty with pronouncing words which suggests she could have some sort of learning disability which may have caused her to have very low self esteem which would explain the constant bragging and self promotion.    Her demand for male attention is probably more about validating her sexuality than her need for sex  intensified by the fact that she was rejected by Mario and that had to be difficult.  This is not an excuse  for her bad behavior but it is amazing that she was successful in business with all this going on.  I also recall that her connections from her social world in the Hamptons led to getting on the show.   There were articles at the beginning of the show's inception that referenced her relationship with television production people.  It made me think she was promoting the idea in some way or part of the early conceptual planning.  That's just a guess.  Despite Ramona's awkwardness she apparently knows how to network and does it effectively.  Her recent business ventures were not so successful which is interesting and suggests maybe she is just a one trick pony and with a lot of luck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7