Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: The NeverEnding Story

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Why would you get tattoos if you didn't want anyone to see them? Bra straps on the other hand, you don't wear as a "decoration".

And yet a large percentage of women on shows like Judge Judy and People's Court seem to think that it's perfectly okay to appear on national television with bra straps showing.  And they seem to be chosen because they do not blend in naturally with the color of whatever top the litigant is wearing.

"Red lace cold shoulder top?  Ooooh . . . gotta wear this black racer back bra with wide straps.  Yummm.  How gorgeous is that?"

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Takitaki said:

I remember discussions about the spousal visa from previous seasons and I remember someone saying it takes a lot longer than that, which is why I assume people would rather go for the K1. Plus if the country is on the list of banned countries, being married to an american doesn't make one exempt from that ban.

Yes Rachel (Jon), Avery (Omar), and Tiffany (Ronald) have learned that marrying overseas does not mean that the spouse will be allowed to move to the US quickly or at all.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Yikes... Baby Girl Lisa looked hideous in that dress. How could she look in a mirror and think she looked nice? Why didn’t she wear a loose flowing colourful African style? 

She wanted to appear "virginal" to her new family. They reacted with the same amazement that we did!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Anyone else think David came at least twice in that airport goodbye. He looked a bit nervous talking off that black coat at the security gate. I’m sure it’s a bit crusty. 

Omg, every time he hugs her and moans, I wonder if he's doing the deed right there lol. Gross gross gross!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

"I'm almost there, Lana! Say 'moose and squirrel' !"

I really wish there was a double or triple laugh emoji!! Sometimes one is just not enough!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Lana's tear is because she had to hug that old pervert and only got a cubic Z.    

I think her tear was one of embarrassment that anyone who knows her in real life might see what she's willing to do for money.  Like kissing and hugging old American guys.

I don't think she knows it's a cubic z yet.  How I'd love to see her go into a Ukranian pawn shop and get that little tidbit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Anyone else think Lana went to the airport with him to make sure he actually boarded the plane? 😉

That's exactly what I thought.  I could feel her fear, disappointment and anger when he turned back.  

I think the only reason she said "yes" was because he was already at the airport and if she'd said no he might have insisted on staying to "change her mind"

She tried so hard not to hug him. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That's exactly what I thought.  I could feel her fear, disappointment and anger when he turned back.  

I think the only reason she said "yes" was because he was already at the airport and if she'd said no he might have insisted on staying to "change her mind"

She tried so hard not to hug him. LOL

I hope she donned a disguise in the airport bathroom and took the long way home anyway, just in case. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

That was exactly what I thought.  I Usman was willing to risk the wrath of that hosebeast, it was because he REALLY thought she needed a bra.  

But lisa is all class.  Better to have the girls drooping into her soup course than to have visible bra straps.  

Nigerian men are “old school” in the sense of taking great pride in being sharp and put together when you are out at functions. And your woman should be dressed to the nines as well, 1. As a symbol of your affluence (what kind of man are you that your wife has shabby clothes), 2. Dressed modestly to demonstrate she’s a virtuous woman*. An ADULT WOMAN leaving home without a BRA to her WEDDING (or any wedding) just isn’t done. It’s seen as indecent. It’s like telling a toddler to put on her shoes. 😣

I too am embarrassed for Lisa. Of course I believe women can wear what they want, and it’s not an indicator of their worth as people or anything like that, but I would be shocked too, to see a woman out without a bra like that at a WEDDING.

* not saying I agree with this stance just pointing it out. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes Rachel (Jon), Avery (Omar), and Tiffany (Ronald) have learned that marrying overseas does not mean that the spouse will be allowed to move to the US quickly or at all.

But rules don't apply to them, silly!

2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

She wanted to appear "virginal" to her new family. They reacted with the same amazement that we did!

Look I wore white at my second wedding - I knew I wasn't fooling anyone, lol.  I liked the white (it came in other colors as it was an informal bridesmaid dress but none that I cared for) but yeah....I rocked the white.    Could she have PLEASE taken out the 80's hair claw?  Lord I wore that to clean my house in the 90's!!!

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Anyone else think Lana went to the airport with him to make sure he actually boarded the plane? 😉

I thought that - "Please let this fool get on and I need to see it take off or I will go home and find him waiting for me and that is going to be difficult to explain to my husband nephew."

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That's what I said on live chat! She wanted to see him flying away with her own eyes!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But in both Rachel and Tiffany's cases, they were marrying someone with a questionable past

1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

What if David installed “find my phone” on Lana’s new phone and didn’t tell her!

would it indicate if it was at the bottom of the river? 

• LOL 7
(edited)

OMG, how I loved the long-awaited nuptials of Sojaboy and BGL! Let me count the ways.

-- BGL insisting that she would push her breasts to the right height, as if she controls gravity like she controls her "mens."

-- BGL thoughtfully arranging her wedding veil over her fanciest Goody claw clip.

-- Sojaboy's mother informing the audience that BGL beter get to producing two kids, stat, without regard to whether or not BGL is too old to tote an aig.

-- Sojaboy's brothers shading BGL as old and fat on her wedding day.

-- The overjoyed wedding guests wearing expressions more suited to a funeral for a head of state.

-- The officiant including the equivalent of [insert name here] in the vows.

-- Sojaboy thoughtfully using his stage name during his vows.

-- Sojaboy's reception love song.

The gift that keep on giving, these two star-crossed lovers.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Hat would have fit if he had taken his toupee off first....

I wondered if he would remove the hat in front of the camera to demonstrate he's not wearing a wig or that he's using Fixodent to hold it in place.  I feel kind of bad for him, wearing a hat that's obviously too small.  He didn't look like he had an especially large head, even with the inch of so of fake hair.  I wonder if he settled for what the hat-seller had.  And I wonder if he thinks that furry hat will keep him warm if he leaves his Keanu Reeves duster hanging open.  Even if he wore a pullover under that damn coat--which I think is too big for him (look at the shoulders)--he'd be warmer.  And why doesn't he learn to say "It's cold" in Russian?

• LOL 2
On 6/1/2020 at 12:17 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Stephanie and her mother have the same beautiful thick hair. That is the only complimentary thing I have to say about Stephanie. 

And she has a nice car.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Surprised there’s not more conversation about the new phone. Did Dave not know she’s already has a phone? It was just really weird. 

I think she told him she didn't have a phone.  As for the 'find a phone'  feature being turned on, that's easily turned off, too.  It was a brand new phone that if she's smart, she quickly sold.  She can keep David at bay for awhile, and then just tell him it was stolen.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, iwasish said:

If she eats the fruit in the Old Fashion... she has a problem with alcohol. 

Or she likes fruit?  I adore fruit so I would.

• Love 4
On 6/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, humbleopinion said:

.like when you were a little kid and forced and begged by your parents to hug the Weird family friend Who sniffs your hair and holds you too tight too long.....And you run away hating your parents.....

I see you've met my Uncle Max. 

• LOL 20
(edited)
21 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Surprised there’s not more conversation about the new phone. Did Dave not know she’s already has a phone? It was just really weird. 

Maybe she convinced him that she didn't have a phone so they couldn't chat off the dating site. Or maybe her phone didn't work internationally or could translate. But what I wondered about was, why he never just sent her one for seven years! Oh that's right. He didn't have her address...

21 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

-- BGL insisting that she would push her breasts to the right height, as if she controls gravity like she controls her "mens."

Controlling "the girls" like her "mens" 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 5/31/2020 at 11:33 PM, Kangatush said:

Is nobody going to mention sad David wandering the streets in his leather coat and somehow too small fur hat?  I almost did a literal spit take.

I was yelling at the TV - that hat was a CHOICE! Why does he always look like he borrowed the clothes of a 7 ft. tall man? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

And why doesn't he learn to say "It's cold" in Russian?

Weird how his conversational Russian consists of Mmmmmmm and Brrrrrrrrr.  

3 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Like the dating site, new phone is fully equipped with a translator which these lovebirds can’t function without.  It’s probably a good one, like the one he uses on his phone. He mentioned not bothering with phone calls while in Ukraine since there was no point with the language issue.  My guess.  

• Love 5

The preview of the Tell All after this episode was great!  Have to know what Ash lies about, what made David cry, whether Rose and Erika will get the opportunity to rip their respective prior prospective partners’ heads off, the Tom/Avery drama, Visa’s reaction to the Wife #2 announcement, Ed being his usual obnoxious asshat self, the possibility of Yolanda coming out of the fog she lives in and the rest.  Did Shaun call Usman “Osmond”?  The poster who said Darcey was channeling Minaj nailed it.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I audibly gasped when I saw David this week. 😵

image.png.354d2bc85731f93f68013562099c6699.png

My wife & I lost our minds at this scene and it wasn’t even mentioned in Pillow Talk OR this thread yet? Where IS everyone?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I thought she went hoping he’d drop an engagement ring on her.

He did, and it was sold on the way home. Mmmm, pasta and rabbit for all!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2020 at 5:13 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Yikes... Baby Girl Lisa looked hideous in that dress. How could she look in a mirror and think she looked nice? Why didn’t she wear a loose flowing colourful African style? 

The thing with Lisa's dress is that it's made from the cheapest material available. No built-in bra, was it even lined? (Still watching episode).

23 hours ago, xls said:

Mary can do way better. And I really hate Varaya now, who the he!! is she to order a long-time friend of his out of the house? I would have said GFY  I'm not going anywhere.

This scene really seemed scripted. Imagine a single woman Russian tourist, fob, stomping her feet and obscenely ordering an American person out of their shelter and into the wilderness. What if Mary hadn't driven her own vehicle? Was she expected to hitchhike back to town? The scene is absurd, would you or I act like Varya if we had just landed in Russia? 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, SG11 said:

The pawn shop will have laughed their head off at the CZ.   Lana probably won’t talk to him for weeks until he has suitably groveled and by then the phone will have been lost and they will have to go back to using the web$ite.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The pawn shop will have laughed their head off at the CZ. 

Her finger turned green before she could go offload the CZ.

David went for a super cheap CZ and it is looks as much as an authentic diamond  as his toupee looks like human hair....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

With that ring?  Maybe just pasta, and not even beritolli.....more like store brand ramen noodles. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

This scene really seemed scripted. Imagine a single woman Russian tourist, fob, stomping her feet and obscenely ordering an American person out of their shelter and into the wilderness. What if Mary hadn't driven her own vehicle? Was she expected to hitchhike back to town? The scene is absurd, would you or I act like Varya if we had just landed in Russia? 

I agree.  I think that Varya should have accepted Geoffrey's rejection when she surprised him  so that she could vacation in NYC, or at least Charlotte.  (You know she flew through one of them.)  But, with her complete personality change, she decided that she absolutely must marry Geoffrey and she could live in his Knoxville exburb, as long as Mary was in exile.  ("It's like Siberia.")

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SG11 said:

My wife & I lost our minds at this scene and it wasn’t even mentioned in Pillow Talk OR this thread yet? Where IS everyone?

I posted David’s Russian hat head shot during the Live Chat  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So when we got married, were we supposed to yell out our nicknames or career fields? "I, David, ESQUIRE!  take you, Alexandra, CLAIMS ADJUSTER! to be my wife!"

4 hours ago, SG11 said:

Don't forget the grapefruit juice.  

My UO on the CZ:  Had hubs and I gotten engaged and married while young and broke, I would have been fine with a CZ as long as I knew about it and hopefully a promise to upgrade on a few years.  No girl likes a surprise when getting the ring appraised for insurance.

But I am not that into jewelry, lol.  My engagement ring now is an antique opal ring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So when we got married, were we supposed to yell out our nicknames or career fields? "I, David, ESQUIRE!  take you, Alexandra, CLAIMS ADJUSTER! to be my wife!"

Don't forget the grapefruit juice.  

My UO on the CZ:  Had hubs and I gotten engaged and married while young and broke, I would have been fine with a CZ as long as I knew about it and hopefully a promise to upgrade on a few years.  No girl likes a surprise when getting the ring appraised for insurance.

But I am not that into jewelry, lol.  My engagement ring now is an antique opal ring.

How funny, I'm an attorney and I was a claims adjuster.  

You and your husband actually love each other.  Here, David understands that his relatively is transactional and he is trying to cheat by buying a cheapie ring.  I guess it's all part of the game, but if he knows and is okay being used for money because he wants a hot young blonde than the CZ is an unfair move.  

Either way, I don't think she wants to be his human doll, but she may get annoyed if the ring is appraised. 

• Love 5
On 5/27/2020 at 1:58 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

...and lip "enhancements"--pitiful lip deformities.

Oh Darcy, sometimes I look at her and she appears as one of those ventriloquist’s dummies. Her mouth just doesn’t look real.  I strongly believe in aging naturally and gracefully. 💜

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 5:13 PM, Pondlass1 said:

I wonder what David would’ve done about his wig had Lana agreed to spend the night with him at his hotel? Does it come off or is it glued down?  How did the Russian guy who sold him that hat keep a straight face.

It’s a better quality than the twins dried straw extensions and probably cost a bit of money and if David was 30 years younger it could pass for real, but no 60 year old has a mop of thick black hair like that. Maybe he purchased it 30 years ago when he got the leather coat?

A friend who watches the show thinks it’s his own hair dyed black but I don’t think so. 

Believe it or not, my husband is 61 and he has the same thick, full head of hair today that he did in his youth. We are knocking on the door of 30 years together and it hasn't taken a hit in the slightest. His grey hairs are few and far between, less than 5%  I’d guess.  He, his brothers, his deceased father and his brothers hit the jackpot as far as hair goes. Historically, their hair drastically changes to full on white in the span of about 2 years in their late 60’s to early 70’s. Strange but true  

Now, as far as wigs/toupees go, I defer to the rest of y’all on that one. I’m only good at spotting those that are really bad...like Darcey’s and Stacey’s LOL 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Hasn’t, not has
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

What if David installed “find my phone” on Lana’s new phone and didn’t tell her!  

I am beyond convinced that he did!!! 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Wrong word
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Did he think she was using tin cans and a string?  I liked how he said "with this phone we can talk to each other" did her really believe he could not call her before (assuming he had her phone number)? 

Lana is really good at getting David to believe anything she says, he believed her about her nephew too...he won't ask the hard questions because he does not want give her an excuse to (fake) get mad at him.  

From the get go I thought David was all to comfortable getting a rental car and driving wherever, never missing a turn, yes he had GPS but c'mon, we have all gotten turned around with it on our home turf a time or two but not David, the street signs are in Russian but he was very confident behind the wheel.  I travel with my husband on his business trips and we had to drive from Copenhagen to Aarhus, thank goodness we had his work mate with us who made the drive a time or two but there were some moments...something seems off, there is probably a lot we will never know about David and his dealings in the Ukraine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

How funny, I'm an attorney and I was a claims adjuster.  

You and your husband actually love each other.  Here, David understands that his relatively is transactional and he is trying to cheat by buying a cheapie ring.  I guess it's all part of the game, but if he knows and is okay being used for money because he wants a hot young blonde than the CZ is an unfair move.  

Either way, I don't think she wants to be his human doll, but she may get annoyed if the ring is appraised. 

Yes - the fact that hubs and I actually love each other (and when you look at Lana look at David, I actually LIKE my hubby) so we would have worked it out, had a CZ, a small real diamond or no ring) but yes, these two are clearly transactional buteveryone but  them sees it.  Wasn't it mentioned somewhere waaaaaay upthread that David was brining the CZ so he sould not have to claim a real ring through customs or something similar?

10 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Believe it or not, my husband is 61 and he has the same thick, full head of hair today that he did in his youth.

I do believe you - I have longtime family friends and the the hubby/dad/grandpa has super thick hair, no receeding hairline in sight!  Plus we buried my dad at age 53 and he had a thick mane going on as well.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5