Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: The NeverEnding Story

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect that phone was already at the bottom of a trash can between the restaurant and her apartment, which (just my opinion) she shares with her husband and at least one kid (who is NOT her "nephew").

She probably pulled the SIM card and dropped it in the trash while exiting the airport.  She could get some money for the phone or her old one that we saw her speaking to friends on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She probably pulled the SIM card and dropped it in the trash while exiting the airport.  She could get some money for the phone or her old one that we saw her speaking to friends on.

Yep.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

After the airport proposal when she was trapped in David's hug, we saw her face with a single tear rolling down her cheek. 

That eye stinging tear was from taking a full whiff David’s Old Man smell...a mixture of Oily dead cells from his dank scalp rubbing against his Musky toupee, the mothball and moldy closet scent from his tacky pleather 40 year old coat, his soured Paco Robanne cologne, Bianca mouth drops and Right Guard dampened pits...like when you were a little kid and forced and begged by your parents to hug the Weird family friend Who sniffs your hair and holds you too tight too long.....And you run away hating your parents.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Ed:  It's very strange how fast Ed goes to "I'm a failure."  I mean, no matter how much he fucked up, how do you define yourself as a failure b/c a relationship didn't work out?    He really out to get some major therapy.

He is still six years old expecting momma to tell him what a great boy he is and buy him an ice cream and agree that the other kids are being mean and he is the bestest boy ever and nothing was his fault.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

.like when you were a little kid and forced and begged by your parents to hug the Weird family friend Who sniffs your hair and holds you too tight too long.....And you run away hating your parents

Well you can sure paint a picture.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

These shows are usually edited (at least part of the way into the season) before airing and before people started sniffing out Geoffrey's... issues. There probably wasn't time to take them out and fill it with other bits of the other stories and once they started, they couldn't just stop showing their story halfway through. That's a significant amount of airtime that you suddenly have to replace and re-edit with segments from other couples. I think TLC handled it as best they could without alienating any of their audience or bothering to speak out on it. 

Something similar happened on this past season of RuPaul's Drag Race and it was handled a little differently (they did edit around the problematic person in the back half, disqualified them, and a had a black screen disclaimer at the beginning and end of every episode) but I also think that these shows have two very different audiences. 

Actually there was information about Geoffrey and all he was charged with way before the season even started airing. Minimum 2 months. (Starcasm website has it all.) TLC had plenty of time to cut it all out. They didn't because it brought more attention and more people to watch the season and they can charge more for advertising. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What's the down side?  Maybe now that he doesn't have to pay to chat with her, he can give her the money directly.  And it's not like she ever has to see him again.  And he's an ace in the hole if she can't get a better offer to come to the U.S.  If 7 years and 3(?) failed attempts at in-person meetings didn't dissuade him, she's got all the time in the world to look for something better, but can always execute Plan D if she decides she's desperate enough.

Did anyone else love Geoffrey's morning-in-the-bed hair, where the part that is usually greased up and back was down in his face?  Actually, remember Ed's morning hair?  Both Varya and Rose looked fine when they woke up.  I'm liking this topsy turvy world.

OMG, YES!  The morning hair is so Hairclub for Men!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ava111 said:

Actually there was information about Geoffrey and all he was charged with way before the season even started airing. Minimum 2 months. (Starcasm website has it all.) TLC had plenty of time to cut it all out. They didn't because it brought more attention and more people to watch the season and they can charge more for advertising. 

Huh. I had thought the timeline was a lot shorter than that. Never mind then!

• Love 1

Was going to feel sorry for Mary but then I read about her charge for domestic violence in 2013... (There is more interesting info about her on Starcasm.net)

Hope that Geoffrey at least changed the sheets between his night with Mary and Varya.

Poor David thought that Lana was so poor and didn't even have a cellphone so he bought her one. That had to be why she wouldn't give him her phone number. Except we had seen her with one and a with a laptop in the coffee shop when they finally introduced her. Poor Lana doesn't even have her own clothes in the pictures she sent him. They are all borrowed because she is poor and shy. I don't think those Nikes she had on were borrowed. It seems that her chat job pays plenty.  David will believe what he wants to believe and the reality is not important... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

BGL needed major Spanx action to hold in her beer belly and one of the bras from Molly's shop to raise the boobs way up. They were sagging down to her waist. Now that she's gone back to the US and is going to start working on the K-1 visa Usman can chill and hang out with a pretty, young Nigerian woman that Mama will approve of and will provide her with grandchildren. 

I shuddered for poor Lana whenever the leather coated Frankenstein, get a load of the black boots, size 15, he always wears, started pawing at her body and went in for the most unappetizing kisses imaginable. Lana scammed him out of his money for seven years but she paid it all back, and then some, having to put up with this leering pervert. Gag.

Loved the line from Molly in Pillow talk "Baby Girl Visa." Good one, Molly.

Disappointed in Varya crawling back to Geoffrey. Hope to never see Yolanda again. Hope to never see Darcy and Stacy again but I know that's not happening,  TPTB love having them on the show for some reason.

Narcissist Stephanie sucks the life out of every room she's in.

Hope Rose is happy with her girlfriend and cuts all contact with mean-spirited, selfish Ed. Block him, Rose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I wonder what David would’ve done about his wig had Lana agreed to spend the night with him at his hotel? Does it come off or is it glued down?  How did the Russian guy who sold him that hat keep a straight face.

It’s a better quality than the twins dried straw extensions and probably cost a bit of money and if David was 30 years younger it could pass for real, but no 60 year old has a mop of thick black hair like that. Maybe he purchased it 30 years ago when he got the leather coat?

A friend who watches the show thinks it’s his own hair dyed black but I don’t think so. 

Yikes... Baby Girl Lisa looked hideous in that dress. How could she look in a mirror and think she looked nice? Why didn’t she wear a loose flowing colourful African style? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Matty said:

Lana scammed him out of his money for seven years

She promised him nothing. He assumed. It wasn't like he signed up with this "dating site" in ignorance. He knew the score. Lana didn't scam him. He parted with his money willingly. He's such a glorious sucker, who could resist? He was practically standing there begging them to take his money!

• Love 12
(edited)

When Usman was taking his vows with Lisa, it was like in slow motion as I was yelling at the screen, "Noooooooooooo!!"

I hope Usman does stay in Nigeria and take other wives.  America's not worth the nightmare of Lisa, pal.

Darcey to Tom: "We have to keep our fifteen minutes going, what's the plan?"

So Sergei the P.I. went to all the time and trouble to create fake websites with Lana on them after David fired him.  For just...reasons.  According to David.

That was a nice gesture of Lana to tell David she is leaving the paid website for him.  And since all those other websites she's on are all fake and made up by Sergei the P.I., David has nothing to worry about.  Yep.

Nothing awkward at all about Ed talking to his 29 year old daughter about the 23 year old he tried to marry.  Nothing at all...

Varya had her Cinderella moment with Geoffrey.  Now I'm sure she's back in Russia while Mary Backup Plan works on her and Geoffrey's future together.

The Williams has gotten so bored catfishing Yolanda he doesn't even put any energy into his scam anymore.

It was touching seeing Stephanie's mom being fake upset at Stephanie coming out as a fake lesbian.

Best moment of the episode: Stephanie's brother sitting there for the whole conversation, and looking like he's thinking, "Oh yeah, my sister's into chicks!"

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 12
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Darcy was very convincing that she was happy for her sister getting married.  

Last season she was rather critical (and almost gleeful) that Stacey still hadn't gotten married after 4+ years with Florian. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Last season she was rather critical (and almost gleeful) that Stacey still hadn't gotten married after 4+ years with Florian. 

She can't wait for Florian to Tom her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I felt for Mary. She got thrown into this drama and looked genuinely hurt. I do doubt her intelligence if she has any interest in Geoffrey but... yeah. The most offensive thing was Geoffrey and his smirk face throughout. He's loving this fighting over him and is the last person who deserves women fighting for his attention. I wonder if Mary will try to woo him back now that Varya is back in Russia.

Mary can do way better. And I really hate Varaya now, who the he!! is she to order a long-time friend of his out of the house? I would have said GFY  I'm not going anywhere.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, magemaud said:

One of my cousins was engaged for probably 15 or more years before she got married. She wanted the big city life, he liked the small town. She didn’t meet anyone else. I would be surprised if Stacey and Florian got married or lasted two years.

• Love 5

Varya at least thinks Mary is pretty!  And is threatened by her presence.  I would at least feel good about that if I were Mary.

Also, Tennessee is beautiful.  I've never been to Knoxville, but I love Chattanooga so much!

• Love 4
On 5/27/2020 at 12:39 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

And let's not forget the ever famous Long Island Iced Tea!  I have heard (I am not a fan) that those babies take you from zero to sixty in no time flat!

Maybe she should try my hubby's favorite: the Old Fashioned.  Then again, maybe not.....

If she eats the fruit in the Old Fashion... she has a problem with alcohol. 

21 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Lisa is Mama Fratelli from "The Goonies." This is her threatening Usman at the alter w/ a gun, I'm sure. 

Even the body is the same. Uncanny.

ab35ed2e905ee77699705369eac8099a.jpg

Damn, .. I knew she looked familiar.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What's the down side?  Maybe now that he doesn't have to pay to chat with her, he can give her the money directly.  And it's not like she ever has to see him again.  And he's an ace in the hole if she can't get a better offer to come to the U.S.  If 7 years and 3(?) failed attempts at in-person meetings didn't dissuade him, she's got all the time in the world to look for something better, but can always execute Plan D if she decides she's desperate enough.

Did anyone else love Geoffrey's morning-in-the-bed hair, where the part that is usually greased up and back was down in his face?  Actually, remember Ed's morning hair?  Both Varya and Rose looked fine when they woke up.  I'm liking this topsy turvy world.

When Varna got out of the bed, I noticed a bra strap and panties.  WTF?  Did she put them back on after sex, or left them on during?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I felt for Mary. She got thrown into this drama and looked genuinely hurt. I do doubt her intelligence if she has any interest in Geoffrey but... yeah. The most offensive thing was Geoffrey and his smirk face throughout. He's loving this fighting over him and is the last person who deserves women fighting for his attention. I wonder if Mary will try to woo him back now that Varya is back in Russia.

Usman wants his ticket to the US. He's in for a world of misery as long as he and Lisa are in the same room. Oh, and Usman, you are not giving this a chance because you love Lisa. You are giving this a chance because you want a ticket to America. The wedding guests looked just thrilled. The first time babygirl calls and he doesn't answer the phone... oh boy.

David is one of those guys that thinks his hair (fake or not) makes him a good looking guy. I think he has an incredibly creepy look and vibe and his hair contributes to that. Lana looked totally creeped out by him and ready to shrivel up any time he touched her. How does he not sense her disgust? She has these totally weird robotic answers. He's such a frumpy, schlubby, dolt with two brain cells if that.

Stephanie's dinner table conversation with her mother looked like something straight out of acting school. The mother with her head shaking and other head movements looked fake. It was like a scene from a cheap soap opera. I also am just not understanding why these conversations have to happen and why people in their (late?) 20s have all this strife about "I have to tell my mommy that I'm bisexual." You're a grown adult. Why do you have to tell her at all at this point? It did not work out with Erika so come home and say you had a good time and leave it alone. When you find a relationship that looks to be getting serious, if it is a same sex one, then tell your mother. Stop it with the fucking drama already.

I cannot believe that we have to sit through stupid Yolanda. She deserves zero TV time. It sounded like the daughter had already dealt with the PI and was going to show her mother that it's horse shit, but no, it was "Tell me about what happened..." ugh. Snooze fest. She'll deny that Wee-yums is fake anyway probably. She needs to be set up with Delusional David.

Ed is just a pig and will continue to be. His story is over so he needs to take his mayo and find the door.

All along, I have felt bad for Darcey because I think she has a good heart, but I just can't watch her anymore. As soon as she said her sister was going to get married and made that face, I started forwarding and have had enough of her juvenile bull crap.

The tell all should be fun. I read some of the spoilers a bit ago but have it forgotten now. 

I feel sorry for Mary.  She is complicit in her degradation but she didn't deserve to be embarrassed on national TV.  

She may be a desperate pick me, but she waited until Geoffrey said he was done with varya and she didn't disrespect their relationship other than to say that she thought Geoffrey should "pick her"

Varya realized she was walking into someone else's relationship and made an ass of herself.  Yes, it was brand new and ridiculous but it was still something.  That she hasn't apologized to Mary and seems proud of herself is pretty disappointing.  

First time they get into a fight he will be right back over with desperate Mary and he will constantly use Mary to "punish" and manipulate varya.  I'd like to say no one deserves that, but if any part of this is real.  If that scene with Mary was real, varya is kinda shitty. 

Edited by RealReality
While both David and Geoffrey are disgusting, they are not interchangeable!
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I still think Stacey is the worse of the two.  She is ALWAYS throwing Florian in Darcy's face.  Like girl, I guess you won whatever game you two are playing.  Be gracious in victory. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Does Varya wash her hair ever?

To rinse the Nice N' Easy out of her hair?

Also, I call bullshit on her claiming to be 30.  That's very easily a 38 year old face.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Ed:  It's very strange how fast Ed goes to "I'm a failure."  I mean, no matter how much he fucked up, how do you define yourself as a failure b/c a relationship didn't work out?    He really out to get some major therapy.

Because for Ed it wasn’t about “a relationship” as in “relating to another person”, it was about a conquest, winning, getting his way. Rose was inconsequential other than something to win. A normal person would be sad that their fantasy didn’t work about, but Ed is upset he didn’t get what HE wanted, he didn’t work hard enough, not acknowledging no matter how hard he worked Rose has free will!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Anyone else think David came at least twice in that airport goodbye. He looked a bit nervous talking off that black coat at the security gate. I’m sure it’s a bit crusty. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Anyone else think David came at least twice in that airport goodbye. He looked a bit nervous talking off that black coat at the security gate. I’m sure it’s a bit crusty. 

Maybe that’s why she was sporting the just stepped in dog shit face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At the risk of sounding as deranged as BGL, I think the tomato-red reception dress was very flattering on her. 

That wedding dress though - it defies description. But wait, the dress wasn’t terrible, it was the body in it. Which is why I’m flabbergasted at my own self re the reception dress. 

Stephanie was pure dullsville as was Yolanda. 

ITA with those who think Lana already has a husband.

i don’t feel sorry for Mary. If she’s known him a long time, I’m betting she knows about his past as a drug dealer and an unapologetic one at that.  Varya is an idiot.

Fuck Ed for being so enamored of his daughter now that Rose kicked his greasy ass to the curb.

Avery - count your losses and chalk it up to a vacation fling and move on.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Avery - count your losses and chalk it up to a vacation fling and move on  

That would be the most reasonable thing to do. But let’s see if she ends up in another season.

I’m not getting a total famewhore vibe from Avery, I like Avery quite a bit (compared to others this season) BUT doesn’t she make an income from her vegan food social media platform? She might be trying to drive traffic to that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I. Cannot. Believe. 

Usman had to tell Lisa “you should put on your brassier baby love”. This woman didn’t pack a strapless bra??? She actually was going to go out in public without a brassier?? 

I didn’t think the dress could possibly be as awful as you guys said, but it really did Lisa no favors. And no it’s not because of her size, this grown ass woman doesn’t know how to wear the appropriate undergarments. 

Usman did look very sharp in his attire. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Mary Mary! She SLEPT with Geoffrey the morning Varya showed up, And Geoffrey is off to romance and sleep w/Varya the very same day, AND MARY IS *NOT SURE* WHAT TO DO? WTF. Seriously Mary. I cannot believe that any woman in this day and age is that foolish to be taken advantage of in such an explicit way, which is why I think the entire thing is faked.

And what are we to make of Geoffrey's proposition when he got back from Russia?  Do you want to be boyfriend/girlfriend and all that that entails, or do you just want to keep being friends that hang out?  Makes no difference to me, whatever you want.  WTF?

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Kid said:

She many not BE pregnant but she certainly LOOKS pregnant! 😂

And BGL doesn't want bra straps to show, but tattoos are OK?  When your husband-to-be tells you you need to wear a bra, you need to wear a bra.  She could also use a good girdle.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

And what are we to make of Geoffrey's proposition when he got back from Russia?  Do you want to be boyfriend/girlfriend and all that that entails, or do you just want to keep being friends that hang out?  Makes no difference to me, whatever you want.  WTF?

Right???? At the end of their segment I was like what about Mary !!?? He is a piece of work. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

When Varna got out of the bed, I noticed a bra strap and panties.  WTF?  Did she put them back on after sex, or left them on during?

It's not like the camera crew lives in the bedroom with them - the "wake up" scenes are recreated for the story. I don't know anyone who wakes up all smiles with light makeup and hair that isn't three feet in the air, no pillow creases on their faces or dried line of drool from the corner of the mouth to the jaw. Just like Lana's affection for David, it's all make-believe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It’s a better quality than the twins dried straw extensions and probably cost a bit of money and if David was 30 years younger it could pass for real, but no 60 year old has a mop of thick black hair like that. Maybe he purchased it 30 years ago when he got the leather coat?

I lost my hair to chemo two years ago and against the advice of friends who had cancer, I insisted I wanted a human hair wig. It wasn't low maintenance AT ALL! Plus with daily wearing, they're only expected to last six months or so. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

And BGL doesn't want bra straps to show, but tattoos are OK?  When your husband-to-be tells you you need to wear a bra, you need to wear a bra.  She could also use a good girdle.

Why would you get tattoos if you didn't want anyone to see them? Bra straps on the other hand, you don't wear as a "decoration".

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

That was exactly what I thought.  I Usman was willing to risk the wrath of that hosebeast, it was because he REALLY thought she needed a bra.  

But lisa is all class.  Better to have the girls drooping into her soup course than to have visible bra straps.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

OK, help me out. Earlier post suggests Baby Gurl Visa now has to file for a K1. They are married, not engaged, so that’s not right, right? Is it a “spousal visa?” I hear, takes 6 months?

If this is true, why would anyone file for a K1 that takes 9 mo to a year, which has delays and then there’s 90 days in US? If someone gets engaged, why don’t they just go to the other country, get married, then go for the spousal visa?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

Is it a “spousal visa?”

Yes, now BGL has to file for a spousal visa to bring SJB to the US. It was her intention all along to get married in Nigeria, even without "Mommy's blessings." 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SG11 said:

OK, help me out. Earlier post suggests Baby Gurl Visa now has to file for a K1. They are married, not engaged, so that’s not right, right? Is it a “spousal visa?” I hear, takes 6 months?

If this is true, why would anyone file for a K1 that takes 9 mo to a year, which has delays and then there’s 90 days in US? If someone gets engaged, why don’t they just go to the other country, get married, then go for the spousal visa?

I remember discussions about the spousal visa from previous seasons and I remember someone saying it takes a lot longer than that, which is why I assume people would rather go for the K1. Plus if the country is on the list of banned countries, being married to an american doesn't make one exempt from that ban.

• Love 3