Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: The NeverEnding Story

• Start Topic

On 6/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, procrasstinator said:
On 6/3/2020 at 11:28 AM, Gobi said:
10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

But Varya is thin, and she's younger than him. Those are the main online dating criteria for guys over age 35 like Geoffrey, Big Ed, and David. That's been my experience anyway. They would rather put up with the most horrible woman who never returns their phone calls and is scamming then for money than date someone their own age who wears a size 14. And they justify it by saying older women aren't active enough, or that they have "more in common" with younger women. They will never admit it's the trophy wife/sex thing that is motivating them, and the fantasy they have going in their heads that they're 20 years younger than they really are. 

A lot of guys prefer thin women, it’s not necessary that they be younger nor is it necessarily related to some perceived “fantasy.” It’s unfortunate, but preferring women that are thin rather than a size 14 isn’t an unreasonable preference IMO.  Not unlike the fact that most women that I’ve encountered online usually have a preference for men who make plenty of money as opposed to those that don’t. It can be inconvenient for some guys, but I get it.

10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

That’s not fair! They were at a very important 8 day Hockey game.

As an ex-hockey player, I would have insisted that I go to her nephew’s hockey games. It wouldn’t have worked to get rid of me, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

If she ever gets to the US, she can go to Darcey's dentist for blinding white veneers! Or she could to the same dentist as David's friend

Or go to Ross' dentist on Friends.  Anyone else remember that?

20 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I actually don't think Varya is unattractive.  She has great coloring (dark hair, blue eyes) and I suspect that she's one of those people who is more attractive in person.  I think she's a bit more "fresh" than Mary, who is also not a bad looking woman but appears several years older.  

This is just me, but Varya looks like someone who takes care of her skin, face, teeth, and hair.  It shows.  Still don't like any of the three of them, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I actually don't think Varya is unattractive.  She has great coloring (dark hair, blue eyes) and I suspect that she's one of those people who is more attractive in person.  I think she's a bit more "fresh" than Mary, who is also not a bad looking woman but appears several years older.  

I don't think she's unattractive.  I just don't think she's that pretty. Her eyes are beautiful and she's got a great body.  However, I don't think she has the facial features that will age well.  To me, she's a hard looking 30.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Who could forget Ross' glow-in-the-dark smile!!!! LOL.

"I saw your teeth from the street!"

Whenever I see this topic I can't help but think of the poster who said "This sounds like Darcy's story!"  Because it truly NEVER ends, lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"I saw your teeth from the street!"

Whenever I see this topic I can't help but think of the poster who said "This sounds like Darcy's story!"  Because it truly NEVER ends, lol!

Maybe Darcey could date Limahl.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Or go to Ross' dentist on Friends.  Anyone else remember that?

This is just me, but Varya looks like someone who takes care of her skin, face, teeth, and hair.  It shows.  Still don't like any of the three of them, lol.

Varya is a "handsome woman". She isn't pretty, per se, but you're right, she takes care of herself and she has a unique sense of style.  These are some of the things I appreciated about her.  She wasn't trying to be sexy in the Darcy way, it wasn't over the top....it's all fairly understated. 

But she sucks now 😞

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Varya is a "handsome woman". She isn't pretty, per se, but you're right, she takes care of herself and she has a unique sense of style.  These are some of the things I appreciated about her.  She wasn't trying to be sexy in the Darcy way, it wasn't over the top....it's all fairly understated. 

But she sucks now 😞

YES!  

I can't even imagine what Darcy sees when she looks into the mirror.  It sure as shit isn't what we see.  And at this point, what quality guy would be attracted to that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, endure said:

Oh Darcy, sometimes I look at her and she appears as one of those ventriloquist’s dummies. Her mouth just doesn’t look real.  I strongly believe in aging naturally and gracefully. 💜

Every time I see Darcy and Stacy, I think of Madame...it's quite unfortunate..

image.png.2c67c6a9187c44f058b6fe6f66916605.png

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, RoxiP said:

I don’t think Varya is unattractive either. I think she is a perfectly nice looking woman in a “normal” way. Meaning if you saw her out and about you wouldn’t be stunned by her beauty but think she was attractive in a general sense. 

(I think she’d be a bit prettier with lighter hair though). I also think Mary is pretty too, but like you said Mary isn’t as “fresh” look probably because she’s a decade older. 

Geoffrey treats Mary the way he does because he CAN. She’s the “comfort girl”. He can fuck whomever he wants and she provides all the emotional consistency and labor a girlfriend would provide but he doesn’t have to offer her anything.  He likely slept with her after he came back from Russia because he wanted the ego boost. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, magemaud said:

Lisa and Angela both work with hospice patients. (What are the odds) When Lisa met “Mommy” she explained that her job was working in the medical field but Usman translated it as Lisa being a doctor (I guess in terms his mother could understand)

Caregiver jobs are a consistent income when you have little skills and education. Also it’s hard to find good caregivers, the work isn’t glamorous. 

I definitely think caregivers should be paid more but you’ll make a lot more as a caregiver than you will retail or minimum wage and there’s potential for money off the books (often families will pay you to work extra shifts for cash), so I’m not surprised older women without a lot of education are in those types of jobs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

Lisa and Angela both work with hospice patients. (What are the odds) When Lisa met “Mommy” she explained that her job was working in the medical field but Usman translated it as Lisa being a doctor (I guess in terms his mother could understand)

I can see Angela being caring with her patients. I can imagine Lisa abusing them and taking their money.

• Love 11
On 6/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, mamadrama said:

Anyone else think Lana went to the airport with him to make sure he actually boarded the plane? 

Cause, now she has to cab it all the way home -- a long way. Huh?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/2/2020 at 1:21 PM, cynicat said:

It was a brand new phone that if she's smart, she quickly sold.  She can keep David at bay for awhile, and then just tell him it was stolen.

A new iPhone is $1K

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ucross said:

She wouldn't have to cab it. You can take public transportation from either the Odessa or Kiev airport. The last time we did it, it took us right to the city center in Kiev and cost less than $10. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, sasha206 said:

I don't think she's unattractive.  I just don't think she's that pretty. Her eyes are beautiful and she's got a great body.  However, I don't think she has the facial features that will age well.  To me, she's a hard looking 30.

I think she’s very attractive and her accent pushes her over the top. However, I also agree that her features, while perfectly fine today, may not age well. I look at her mom and see the same face for V, and too soon.

• Useful 1
On 6/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, sasha206 said:

YES!  

I can't even imagine what Darcy sees when she looks into the mirror.  It sure as shit isn't what we see.  And at this point, what quality guy would be attracted to that?

This is probably the best post out of all the Darcy Face posts. You have to wonder what she (and her sister) sees when they look in the mirror. Sort of a reverse-body dysmorphia (seeing fat when you are thin) she seems to see better when it’s worse not unlike Michael Jackson. She and her sister were actually cute pre-surgery, and now she looks like that cat (lion?) lady they use as the picture of the worst extreme plastic surgery disaster ever, also like Donatella Versace.  And I am not anti plastic surgery at all, it’s just here you have 2 people literally making themselves into a disaster with each procedure, and acting as each other living mirrors by proxy.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:45 PM, mamadrama said:

She wouldn't have to cab it. You can take public transportation from either the Odessa or Kiev airport. The last time we did it, it took us right to the city center in Kiev and cost less than $10. 

Stupid question... is it “KEE-EV” or “KEEEEEV?”  I always thought it was the first, heard it pronounced that way on the show previously, but David and others were calling it Keev.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it’s one of those things where Americans pronounce it one way (Pear-iss) and the locals another (Pa-ree). I always have heard chicken Kiev pronounced with two syllables.  Locals also don’t put a “The” before Ukraine but many in other parts do.

Edited by MrBuhBye
48 minutes ago, SG11 said:

Stupid question... is it “KEE-EV” or “KEEEEEV?”

I studied both Russian and Ukrainian. From what I understand, Russians pronounce Kiev  with two syllables and Ukrainians pronounce it as one. Note: While the USSR existed, Ukrainian wasn’t really spoken. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

People who live in Kiev spell it Kyiv and pronounce it Keeev.   Kiev pronounced as two syllables is an anglicised version of the Russian.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, Pondlass1 said:

It’s a better quality than the twins dried straw extensions and probably cost a bit of money and if David was 30 years younger it could pass for real, but no 60 year old has a mop of thick black hair like that. Maybe he purchased it 30 years ago when he got the leather coat?

Actually, my mom's cousin's husband is/or nearly is in his 70s and still has a full head of dark hair that has little to no gray in it. I remember when I finally met him a couple of years ago and was surprised at how youthful and good-looking he was for his age, and then realized it was because of the hair. They've been married for over 40 years, he's handicapped and doesn't spend much time outside the house, and had just spent finally come home after having to spend several years in a care facility. Fake hair would be the very last on his list of needs! While it's definitely not the norm, I don't have any trouble believing David's is real.

Edited by Scout Finch
On 6/4/2020 at 10:42 PM, magemaud said:

I could see Angela being sympathetic with the patients, but not Baby Girl.  IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/1/2020 at 1:35 AM, magemaud said:

I’m wondering if that marriage was legal at all, or just something staged for the camera. I had to laugh at the Nigerian officiant’s substitution of the word “lovely” for “lawfully” in their vows. Maybe that’s the catch? 

Yes!!   I was thinking the same thing!  Lovely??  Really??

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think it’s one of those things where Americans pronounce it one way (Pear-iss) and the locals another (Pa-ree). I always have heard chicken Kiev pronounced with two syllables.  Locals also don’t put a “The” before Ukraine but many in other parts do.

6 hours ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

I studied both Russian and Ukrainian. From what I understand, Russians pronounce Kiev  with two syllables and Ukrainians pronounce it as one. Note: While the USSR existed, Ukrainian wasn’t really spoken. 

5 hours ago, deirdra said:

People who live in Kiev spell it Kyiv and pronounce it Keeev.   Kiev pronounced as two syllables is an anglicised version of the Russian.

Makes sense, thanks everyone for the answers. 
When I first went to Italy, I found out I’d been mispronouncing my Italian name (all 4 grandparents off the boat!) because my family was so used to anglicizing to help people pronounce it.

I also found out no one in the US can properly pronounce “Countach.”

• Love 1

I haven’t read all the posts, but Darcy looks like Donatella Versachi with that long white fake hair.

In a way, I feel sorry for Rose and her dream to come to the States.  She lives in a horrible place.

They gave Avery way too much time.  She reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Im liking this show much better than the regular one.

yolanda is being duped by Williams.

• Love 1
On 6/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

WOW!  You people are tough.  I can't see Lana's teeth as "jacked-up" in any way.  The only correction I'd suggest is some whitening.  

Marina, our guide, said  there is a lot of iron in the water so their teeth colors reflect that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, Scout Finch said:

I don't have any trouble believing David's is real.

I'm a bit back and forth on it.  I usually think it's a wig...but I thought I caught a bit of gray in one scene some time ago.  He seems to brush it very carefully.

Maybe we should urge Lana to hit the sack with him just once...to let us know for sure.

• LOL 1
On 6/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, sasha206 said:

I think she's pretty enough...that's why she's on radio instead of television.  She also has a bit of wandering eye.  Anyway...we need to hope he doesn't keep her in his clutches.  She seems like a good girl and he's a dangerous guy.  Will Reunion Part Deux explain his legal difficulties?

• Love 2
On 6/5/2020 at 10:45 PM, mamadrama said:
On 6/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, Ucross said:

Additionally, surely Production set all of this up and offered Lana the right amount of RUB to appear and "cooperate."  She'll have a nice ride to her doorstep in a comfortable private car.  Compliments TLC.

(sorry for repetitive posts)

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, sasha206 said:

YES!  

As I wrote under another topic when a poster commented that Darcy 'always looks put-together' : "I guess what some see as 'put together'  is - IMO -  COMPLETELY overdone. Both twins would be much more attractive w/darker or softer hair. That blonde color is so harsh & ages them - don't understand how they can't see that. Of course, the bloated lips & orange skin tone make it worse, too. They look like bad caricatures of the Kartrashians. 🙄

Edited by 4merBachAddict
word choice
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2020 at 4:15 AM, deirdra said:

Lana is going to be mad when she tries to pawn the ring and is told it is cubic zirconia.

I'm sure she only said "yes" so that she could keep the ring. Hahaha. I apologise if this has already been pointed out. Episode only just aired last night in the Netherlands and it normally taiss me a week to read the whole thread...

On 6/5/2020 at 8:17 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Varya is unattractive either. I think she is a perfectly nice looking woman in a “normal” way. Meaning if you saw her out and about you wouldn’t be stunned by her beauty but think she was attractive in a general sense. 

I agree, and I also agree with posters who've called her "handsome."  I think her perfectly good looks are enhanced to a large degree by her breeziness, her quick smile, her air of fun.  The silly faces she makes are not off-putting but I think make her adorable.  These attributes can make even a homely woman attractive, in the strictest sense of the word.

I think, too, that her looks will not fade or melt into goo (as Darcey's threaten to do even now)--Varya's mother is a nice-looking woman--because her looks do not depend on looking typically "sexy."

• Love 4