Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Unfriended

• Start Topic

In the eighth season finale, Lisa Vanderpump throws a party to celebrate TomTom's one-year anniversary, but relationships are tested when Kristen confronts Katie and Stassi for abandoning her, and Jax and Sandoval face off.

Airs May 19, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)

I officially want that clip of Peter laughing and saying "Jesus, man..." to be worked into every episode at least once going forward until the show is finally cancelled when these dummies are in their 50s.

Edited by Steph J
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)

James Kennedy's comment "my mom and I's relationship".

Who knew "I's" was a word? Or did "I's" not hear him correctly?

When did LVP start her necktie fetish?

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

It occurred to me that Scheana has been in pathetic free-fall for three consecutive seasons now.  And it’s all about unrequited...well, I’m not going to call it “love,” but love-based ego gratification.  Season six was Rob, season seven was Adam, and this season it’s Max and Brett.  She started out the season on such a power trip, telling Dayna to polish glasses and not to fuck with her because her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and it’s like...Scheana haven’t you learned not to put all your eggs in one basket by now?

I like, or at least I generally like Scheana more than the rest of this sordid cast, and it bodes well for her that she’s never fucked any of the main players, but I can’t continue to support her when she shows her ass this much.  It smacks of too much of a lack of self-awareness.  A healthy dose of lack of self-awareness is always appreciated though. 

I’m so excited for this season to be over so that I can stop losing my shit about this fake restaurant nonsense.  No one in a restaurant the size of SUR asks the bartender for drinks, they ring them in.  All profits would disappear if a bartender could just make a “Bloody Mary” and hand it to the staff.  Also, I will not miss Tom Schwartz or Lisa’s home, and I certainly won’t miss Tom Schwartz groveling at Lisa’s home.  

That cupping or whatever kind of shit that was that Tom got on his face and Ariana got on her thass was something I never need to see again.  At least they have the decency to blur out some of the naughty bits when they do bikini waxing.  

I was not a fan of Randall and Lala’s house in Bel-Air from the outside.  No greenery in sight.  Putting a toothbrush in a drawer is a huge breeding ground for bacteria; what is she talking about?  

Brittany’s half-plaid, half-denim shirt at Lala’s house was—to borrow a word from Sandoval—literally the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

That ending kinda felt like a final goodbye to the old guard and I would be okay with that. Give me Charli wrinkling her nose at pasta and Danica aggressively Chapsticking and... well, a bunch of new actually hot guys that aren't Rat-Faced Max or Poodle-Cut Brett.

NGL, that moment when Jax was all "my show" and Lisa was all "no, fuck you, my show", he was in her face kind of angry troll like and his hand was floating around up there and I legitimately was worried for a moment.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
32 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Brittany’s half-plaid, half-denim shirt at Lala’s house was—to borrow a word from Sandoval—literally the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.  

And even more disturbing about that shirt, was that she probably paid alot of money for it. Or maybe her mom bought it for her at Ross. I was totally "shooken" when I saw that shirt. The ugliest shooken shirt I've seen.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Lamest ending ever.  Are we supposed to be on pins and needles waiting to see next season if they’re friends again?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ask Kristen to come back.  This season made it clear that if she gets cut out by Katie and Stassi, no one is going to really include her in anything. They've picked a side.  And I think Katie and Stassi are a lot like LvP.  They are going to require a mea culpa and groveling to let her back in and if Kristen wouldn't kiss LvP's ass, I don't think she'll be begging Katie and Stassi to forgive her.

• Love 11
(edited)

James’s mom is probably up there with Jax as the worst person to grace this show ever.  I couldn’t help but notice she put her filthy sandals on his couch.  She’s been downright abusive to him in the past.  Last season she was doing her big song and dance about sobriety, which she has clearly broken if she’s only sober now six months.  Here’s a quarter, call someone who cares. 

At least Beau admits that Stassi will be paying for their home.  Tell the truth and shame the devil, Beau, you don’t have a “great job” unless you’re talking about this show!  When he speaks, he reminds me so much of Schwartz with his cute little gentle baby humor that has a dark underbelly.  I’m so glad Beau wasn’t a big presence on this show this season.  I am also so glad Stassi called out the fact that she doesn’t want to live in a farmhouse.  Amen!

I love the subtext of Lisa and Ken telling the Toms that they don’t have to buy into their beer garden—yes, because they’ll just find some other way to plug it in every episode.  If the Toms turn them down, they can just do a BrettMax, no harm, no foul.  

I love the fact that literally anyone Lisa needed in that “promotional” photoshoot could be included, like Lala, as they can just don a VanderPump Dogs t-shirt and claim they volunteered there at some point in the past.  I was surprised they didn’t find a way to jam Stassi and Katie or at least Katie in the picture.  She was at the photoshoot.  I am also curious as to the whereabouts of Pandora, given her involvement with TomTom.  

I did kind of love Scheana and Karrah together.  I wish they would have cast Karrah instead of either Max or Brett for the show.  Since Max and Brett are basically the same person to me, casting them both seems redundant.  

Ariana pwned Jax during their conversation.  Good for her.  And yes Jax, it was “Brittany” who was so upset!  Is “Brittany” the name of one of your other personalities?  I know this makes me a bad person, and I don’t care, but I just finished re-watching last season, and Jax got this amazing post-dad’s death, engaged to Brittany changed man edit that he didn’t deserve, and I am living for his downfall.  

I’m so glad who said what about Ariana’s house got cleared up by the editors, and I really hope it gets brought up at the reunion, because everyone is so fucking scared of Lala.  Let’s see Ariana call Lala “Regina George” to her face and actually get pissed at her for the first time in five seasons!  Why does no female in the opening credits since season five Katie ever call Lala on her shit?  Because she’s rich?  Holy shit, money doesn’t just talk, it silences amongst these people, even (and especially) the ones who are trying to give the earth mother vibe.  

Danica likes to shove, doesn’t she?  She started the season with a shove (of her lover, for suggesting a threesome) and then she shoved Karrah.  It did feel like some good season one and two messiness though.  Lisa most definitely didn’t orchestrate that.  

I am glad James apologized to Rand, and I really hope he means it this time.  As much growth as I think James has shown is as awful he was about Randall “the fat man” Emmett in seasons past, for no reason that I could identify other than abject jealousy.  

Even though I really don’t like Dayna, I loved the way she finally confronted Max.  She said all the right things.  And, oh ok, Max, like we really believe you “hired” her!  She was on the show last season when Peter brought her and her friends up to the hotel room for his birthday.  The show hired her.  To contend otherwise is like riding, what did Max say, a janky high horse? Lolz

Brittany said she forgives easily, almost too easily.  Yes Brittany, you are just a beautiful, humble soul.  Sometimes when I am not paying attention, I mistake you for Mother Teresa.  

OMG, Jax is still talking about his wedding!!!  That’s all he has to hang his hat on.  Poor Jaxie.  He and his 36 year old BFF are “on a break.”  

Kristen was so awesome in facing down Stassi and Katie.  I love how calm she was.  I love when Kristen shows growth.  Nice shade in calling Kristen the “cool, older one” in your TH, Stassi.  Stassi looks just as old as Kristen.  Every time she and Ariana have a birthday, I have to remind myself that Ariana isn’t five years younger than Stassi.  And Katie is just a miserable train wreck.  I wouldn’t even know how to put into words how much she bothers me.  

Ah, so Lisa finally opines that she thinks she’s the one who made the show a success.  I humbly beg to differ.  She derails the show more than anyone else who has come before or since.  James and his drunken destructive rants were more palatable to me than Lisa.  At least James’s rants were real.  Everything Lisa brings to the table here is contrived.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos
  • Love 20
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:47 PM, OnceSane said:

"Unfriended". In the eighth season finale, Lisa Vanderpump throws a party to celebrate TomTom's one-year anniversary, but relationships are tested when Kristen confronts Katie and Stassi for abandoning her, and Jax and Sandoval face off.

• Hokey smokes! The end-of-the-season photoshoot is back!
  • Schemer is desperately trying to remain relevant.
  • Schemer is desperately trying to become relevant.
  • Does the spa where FI Tom and Arianna spent the day perform chiropracty on the side? Any place that claims to be able to push Arianna's thigh fat into her butt must do that , too.
  • Was Jax having a nervous breakdown or attempting to set up the next season?
  • Did the whole tired Danya, Brett, and Max thing get resolved? I think I zoned out.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

James is like a different person sober. He seems so much happier and healthier. I was glad to see him making amends with people. I hope he continues down the right path. 

Dayna, Max and Brett. Lamest love triangle ever.  I mean, BOTH “relationships” were clearly forced showmances. Nobody cares! 

Jax... yikes. I was watching some season 2 episodes recently. And while he’s always been a narcissistic douche—-I’d forgotten that he actually used to be fairly handsome. Now he looks sweaty, bloated, and just coked out. Good luck, Brit (you’re gonna need it). I enjoyed Lisa putting him in his place in those final moments. “My show”—get the eff outta here, you loser. 

Stassi has many faults and I’ve never been a huge fan.  I do, however, applaud her for wanting something beyond a cookie-cutter Valley Village home. The house she ended up buying is pretty amazing. 

• Love 19
(edited)

News flash Jax, I watch this show in spite of you .  I wonder if he’s very insecure on account of the new faces and it dawning on him that he really only has so many storylines left.  Obviously, cheating is going to happen repeatedly.  Brittney seems to think that Jax is the star and that Tom would have to work harder to get in Jax’s good graces.  I have zero sympathy for Brittney.  

Go Sandoval! Write Jax off once and for all.

After reading about the editor that purposely edited Scheana to look pathetic, I only felt anger on Scheana’s behalf watching this episode.  I don’t even like Scheana.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Stassi's reaction to Kristen's tweet seemed off to me. In that it was over the top angry.  Is she so angry that she can't sense any hurt that is coming from Kristen? Or does Stassi not know the definition of the word thrive?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Marley said:

I don’t know what LaLa was supposed to be wearing at the party but Randall seems alright.

That's the best laugh so far (for me) Except for Brittany's shirt!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

Raquel gushing over her boyfriend was the cutest. And James did look amazing at that moment—handsome and confident. Glad that his mom is sober as well. He was the best part of the season for me. 

• Love 22
(edited)

Honestly, I think THIS might be the PERFECT end to this shitshow!  Just leave us wondering....  Was StASSi an ass about her wedding?  Did Miss Kentucky have a baby with the BABY?? Did James DJ whatever his name is, get his name out there and become fabulous?? Did Katy AND Tom gain 50 lbs each?? Did Kristin make a million dollars and NOT throw it in StASSi and Katy's faces?? Did Peter EVER find a girlfriend?? Does Jiggy EVER go without clothes?? Did LaLa EVER give a bad BJ in her life and have to go places in the car and not on the PJ?? Did Scheana ever find a MAN???

ANSWER:  Who knows?  and finally, who the hell CARES??

The tired, sad slow version of the show theme music is even perfection.  JUST LET IT GO!! Buh-bye.

DO NOT EVEN HAVE A REUNION! End it. Now.

Edited by goofygirl
I forgot some shit!
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7

I just can’t with Jax.  He has an inflated sense of self.  He looks sweaty.  I missed his statement about it being “his” show!  That’s rich.  What a snot that he thought he could wear what he wanted for the staff photo shoot.  Most of all, is he not aware that he needs some serious mental health help?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

When did LVP start her necktie fetish?

I don't know, but the necktie without a shirt is this season.  I'm not a fan, but it has sort of a dominatrixy look that I'm sure she makes 7th-grade-boy locker room jokes about, which means it ain't going anywhere soon.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am also curious as to the whereabouts of Pandora, given her involvement with TomTom.  

I did kind of love Scheana and Karrah together.  I wish they would have cast Karrah instead of either Max or Brett for the show.  Since Max and Brett are basically the same person to me, casting them both seems redundant.

But then we couldn't play "Who's the worst?"  (I vote Brett 😖)  I thought Karrah was a hoot at this party, all drunk and trying to act like Scheana 😄.  I pretty much don't believe she slept with Max and think it was all for "storyline" purposes.  As for Danica - she's obviously swinging to get in the credits next season 😄 

Also - Pandora was at the Tom Tom party in the background. (Please ignore the empty quote box - it appeared and I can't get rid of it)

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I just can’t with Jax.  He has an inflated sense of self.  He looks sweaty.  I missed his statement about it being “his” show!  That’s rich.  What a snot that he thought he could wear what he wanted for the staff photo shoot.  Most of all, is he not aware that he needs some serious mental health help?

That means you also missed "Pinky's" head spin full circle as she turned from "caring mother figure" to "bigger ego than Jax" in a heartbeat - "It's MY fucking show and don't you forget it!" snarls LVP, and as Jax tries to recoup and kiss ass she just reads him for filth.  Worth a rewatch just for that scene alone 🤣. (For the record, she is right and he is wrong, but when she tries to pass that off as anything but ego rage, I will be laughing even harder.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I was going to post something - but I just don’t care enough.

Can I just quote this and consider it my contribution to the discussion?

I got nothin. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

The house that Stassi and Beau looked at was just in Open House NYC (even though it’s not in NYC), the owner is an interior designer. Kristen was on a few weeks ago giving a tour of her house.

• Love 5
(edited)

I knew Jax wasn't going to be able to contain himself around LVP and when he pushed her she was going to bite and boy did she. As soon as he said "my show" I knew he was in for it. It is her show but she still came out looking like a narcissist because of the way she asserted this fact. Someone without a fragile ego would actually give credit to the entire cast but LVP made her entire diatribe about her. Also, I can't take another moment of any of the cast sucking up to her. Tom Schwartz is the worst as always. I want to vomit anytime any of them do it.

Stassi and Katie continue to act like assholes towards Kristen. Their insistence that she was lying about breaking up with Carter and being sad about her relationship ending is so bizarre to me. Stassi and Patrick broke up multiple times and got back together. Were they not really broken up even though she said they were? Was she lying? Where is their empathy? It's the same question I've asked every episode since the first.

Also, while I completely agree with Stassi about not wanting a cookie cutter farmhouse McMansion (I love character and don't want to live in a house built after 1929 myself), it's pretty tacky of her to throw shade at Brittany and Katie in the process of communicating her wants. It would be fine to say their houses are lovely but not her style, but that hasn't been her attitude. Her tone has been very disdainful about their style of houses, which is awful considering they're supposedly her friends.

Oh James. He's so good about sounding sincere in his apologies and about his growth but then he once again slips up in his talking head segment. Where in AA or any recovery program do they advocate the view that "I'm just going to do my thing and if you can't accept I've changed then you can kiss my ass"? I've worked with a lot of people in recovery and am familiar with many different recovery programs and every single one of them has emphasized humility, and the people who are truly successful in their programs have a ton of it. He may or may not be drinking but I don't buy the personality makeover. He's getting the same edit they gave Jax last season. I'm pretty certain a lot of James' more unflattering segments were left on the cutting room floor.

I simply do not care about the new people.

It's annoying that Bravo waited so long to film the reunion remotely because I would have liked to see the previews for it. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 7

Jax has been calling Tom-Tom a money pit and while I would normally agree that restaurants are money pits, by most accounts Tom-Tom was doing amazing before Covid.  It’s also really shitty for him to be trash talking places in the food/beverage industry when they’re arguably suffering more than any other industry right now.  But I’m sure Lisa’s head was spinning when she saw his comments given her reaction to him calling VR “his show” tonight.  

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m so glad who said what about Ariana’s house got cleared up by the editors, and I really hope it gets brought up at the reunion, because everyone is so fucking scared of Lala.  Let’s see Ariana call Lala “Regina George” to her face and actually get pissed at her for the first time in five seasons!  Why does no female in the opening credits since season five Katie ever call Lala on her shit?  Because she’s rich?  Holy shit, money doesn’t just talk, it silences amongst these people, even (and especially) the ones who are trying to give the earth mother vibe.  

OMG, Jax is still talking about his wedding!!!  That’s all he has to hang his hat on.  Poor Jaxie.  He and his 36 year old BFF are “on a break.”  

Kristen was so awesome in facing down Stassi and Katie.  I love how calm she was.  I love when Kristen shows growth.  Nice shade in calling Kristen the “cool, older one” in your TH, Stassi.  Stassi looks just as old as Kristen.  Every time she and Ariana have a birthday, I have to remind myself that Ariana isn’t five years younger than Stassi.  And Katie is just a miserable train wreck.  I wouldn’t even know how to put into words how much she bothers me.  

She was referring to Stassi as “Regina George” and it kind of fits lol.

Jax doesn’t have shit! They are so right in their assessments that Jax is spiraling because he likes to be the center of attention and he’s not anymore. Brit wants to garner respect for her husband, but doesn’t think he should respect anyone.

The only thing that would’ve made that scene with the Bitch(es)of Weho better was if Kristen had offered to buy them out. 

I really don’t want to wait 2 weeks for this virtual reunion. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 7
(edited)

I am happy for James, but his mom scares me. I think she’ll somehow drag hm down.
Jax is ridiculous, as are all of the females except Kristen! Lisa’s lips are beyond ridiculous.

ETA: I slightly understand Jax’s rage... he & the Toms were a threesome for a long time & now the Toms are ‘taking off’ & Jax is left behind. He can’t believe or acknowledge this, hence the rage & depression.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I don’t understand Stassi’s and Katie’s falling out with Kristen. The stuff with Carter doesn’t seem bad enough to ruin their friendship. Something more must have happened off camera.

Scheana is awful. I get irritated every time she shows up on the tv screen. The other originals all seem to be able to maintain relationships (either romantic or friendship) over time but she can’t. Granted she got married some seasons back but that unravelled so quickly one wonders whether it was just about getting married rather than about loving the other party. I wish she and her mini me would leave the show.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Jax has been calling Tom-Tom a money pit

Unless Jax is privy to the books for TomTom, I think this is nothing more than sour grapes.  From all accounts, it did well.  

And Sandoval's an OWNER Jax.  He can 86 your cro-magnon ass anytime he wants.  So when everyone else is drinking and partying at TomTom, you can stay home.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think its less about the new blood and more about the dynamic of the show changing.

Jax's outburst that this is his television show was telling.  If you go back to the beginning of the series, Jax was very much in the alpha male position on the show.  That all started shifting when Schwartz came on and Sandoval became part of Tom and Tom and with Jax's behavior getting annoying enough to his cast mates and the audience basically destroying whatever favored status he had.

I think Jax resents the hell out of LvP launching TomTom and effectively making Sandoval the next one in her hierarchy of cast members.  I wouldn't be shocked if marrying Brittany was about getting a spinoff or a Jax centric season.  Sandoval had the nerve not to cater to Jax.  I bet part of Jax losing his mind is that the show was still filming four weeks after his wedding which clearly tells him that his marriage wasn't important enough to the show to be the finale. It probably didn't help that Katie and Tom got married again shortly after them.

So Jax starts making power plays trying to get people not to do things because he's the alpha and they should get in line behind him because its "his television show".  They don't and he starts spiraling because he's starting to recognize that he is basically a fringe player now.

This is now a show that if you are on the outs with Tom and Tom or their significant others then your continued participation in the show is tenuous at best.

Spot on about Jax. He lost his shit when LVP offered up TomTom. He's not even a has been, more of a never was. I never could stand him or his neanderthal face. I'm sad to predict that his only chance for a story line now is getting Brittany pregnant. Will everybody have to be his bitch for 9 months?  The two of them can get off my TV anytime now. Please.

• Love 19
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Spot on about Jax. He lost his shit when LVP offered up TomTom. He's not even a has been, more of a never was. I never could stand him or his neanderthal face. I'm sad to predict that his only chance for a story line now is getting Brittany pregnant. Will everybody have to be his bitch for 9 months?  The two of them can get off my TV anytime now. Please.

Bingo! Jax is so jealous. He thinks he’s the top dog, yet LVP hasn’t offered him not one bone, whereas the Toms have been offered 2. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 17
(edited)

I don't know why I even still watch this show.  I don't really like any of the cast, and I'm really not liking any of the new cast.  There are so many people now, it's hard to keep track.  

I will say that out of the new cast (and some of the old), Dayna, at least, seems to have some level of common sense and she can string more than two sentences together that make sense.  The others can go away - especially Danica, who is just completely useless to me.

The Shaena lookalike (from Vegas-?) was trying so hard last night to make herself relevant - inserting herself wherever the cameras seem to be.  Something tells me we may see more of her next season.  It could be interesting to watch, as Schaena sees her mini-me taking over for her, and Schaena's ultimate struggle with that.  

Jax, for all intents and purposes, is either an amazing actor or is suffering some kind of roid rage or depression or something (I'm thinking the latter).  His depression stems from jealousy and anger at the Toms, and anger toward LVP, as well.

The first few seasons, Jax was the main focus of the show - mostly because of the way he so cavalierly slept with anyone who walked his way, regardless of any relationships, friendships or anything.  He only thought about himself, and everyone else be damned.   

I actually wonder how the show was described to Jax when he signed up.  Did the producers tell him that he was going to be the main focus, and all the rest would just be second fiddle characters?  As the seasons passed, there was a shift and the Toms became more popular - mostly because they tended to keep their egos {mostly} in check, and Jax's raged out of control, along with his anger and frustrations.

This was very apparent in his exchange with LVP about the show being "his show".  

LVP took a big liking to the Toms and a big dislike for Jax.  She's a smart business woman.  She saw that the Toms would likely draw more customers to a new bar/restaurant than an angry, lazy bartender who only used the job as an opportunity to hook up with patrons.  

Jax is angry and jealous about that, and the fact that he sold his soul to marry someone who I think he doesn't really love, all for TV, and now, at least for the time being, is stuck with her, if he wants to keep his TV job.  

Jax is simply angry that his life isn't going the way he thought it should, and is looking at middle-age coming around the corner, realizing that without the show, he doesn't have any income.  

I'm curious to see if they address the "it's my show" comment during the reunion.  For one thing, the rest of the cast must have been really pissed to hear that, second, LVP was clearly livid when he made that comment, and lastly, Jax did the unthinkable on a reality TV show - he broke the fourth wall.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 24
(edited)

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the toothbrush argument.  Ewwww, don’t put your toothbrush in a drawer!  It needs to air out.

But it would; bathroom drawers aren't typically airtight. However, it should be standing up, not lying flat like it would likely be inside a drawer. But, either way, keep that shit covered with some kind of breathable thing. But don't go by me; I ignore the guidelines to replace a toothbrush every 3 months--it's every few weeks for me, haha!

Shallow: Vegas Scheana's face looks like a balloon. Or a cartoon. Or like the heads on the people in some commercial for a candy called Airheads. And the way she sort of sidles into conversations and just kind of blank-stares is creepy and annoying. She reminds me of this boy from A Christmas Story.
image.png.b9d239a5234267000f6e241475d358f6.png

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Pandora was at the Tom Tom party in the background.

I guess I was more wondering why she wasn’t in the picture.  I think if she looked like Lala or Raquel, she’d be there, front and center.  I have made no bones about it in the past that I find Pandora (what kind of name is that?) just as elitist and stuck up as her mom, and I find schadenfreude in the idea that she looks kind of like her father.  I think Max Todd is better than Pandora In pretty much every way that can be measured, and I like him, so it’s not like I have something against Lisa’s kids because I don’t like her.  I have just observed Pandora’s behavior very keenly in the past, and I think she’s a big snob.  

I feel like this show skirts around the weight issue.  When someone calls Katie fat, everyone rallies around her, but no one ever really talks about the pressure to be super thin in West Hollywood.  They dance around it, when I think there is a huge stigma about being Katie’s size in the entertainment industry.  I think that topic deserves to be explored and it’s a lot more interesting than whether Brett has feelings (versus interest) in Dana or who is next on the hit parade to get married.  I noticed in the picture, Brittany was posed in such an unlikely theatrical arch, that it appeared she was positively double jointed.  If she were any bigger, like Billie Lee, she probably would have been shoved in the back row.  

Why don’t they talk about that kind of stuff on the show?

I wish Lisa “everyone is beautiful” Vanderbucks would either put a woman of size front and center in one of her promo shoots and put her money where her mouth is, or acknowledge that she and her husband are very aware that sex sells and they are going to cater to the Hollywood image.  Either would be fine with me.  Riding the fence is the only thing I don’t respect.  

Speaking of the photoshoot, notice, in addition to there being a Scheana lookalike, there was also a Stassi lookalike from Vegas that was seated on the same chair as Karrah for the photo?  She was like a doppelgänger.  It was unnerving.  

3 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

She was referring to Stassi as “Regina George” and it kind of fits lol.
I really don’t want to wait 2 weeks for this virtual reunion. 

Yeah, I finally got that Ariana was talking about Stassi.  Last week I got confused and thought Ariana was saying it about Lala.  So I am saying, “ok Ariana, you called Stassi ‘Regina George’ for saying exactly what Lala is on camera having said.  How is Ariana going to approach Lala about this, if at all?“  I find everyone’s ass-kissing of Lala embarrassing, but especially for Tom and Ariana, who clearly want us to see them as neutral arbiters with a very well-honed sense of justice.  Except when it comes to Lala and her rich and connected fiancé.  Then everyone shuts their mouth, including Lisa.  

Ariana is positively scared of Lala.  When Lala flipped her shit at Billie’s brunch last season, Ariana had only the mildest rebuke for her, but as soon as Stassi allegedly says something about furniture, Ariana will read her for filth on camera.  So, if Ariana has any character whatsoever, she will certainly have the same thing to say to Lala as she said to Stassi, no?  I won’t hold my breath.  

Oh man, it’s going to be another virtual reunion?  I was really interested in seeing how they were going to fit all of those people on the stage!

The one thing I will say about Jax is that he is the only person on the entire cast who, without fail, every season, was the first person to be shown in the opening credits.  We all know him as Jax, and to know him is to hate him, but I think he has a look that women who don’t know him find appealing more so than the Toms.  I have heard many women say they love guys with light eyes and dark hair and skin.

I couldn’t care less if Jax was cut from the show, but from an objective perspective, I think he is more attractive than either of the Toms or Brax.  Those four are not as masculine looking and the camera doesn’t love them. I think if the show is looking to bring in women who are 40+ to watch the show, Jax has—OMG, I can’t believe I am going to write this—sex appeal that the others don’t have.  Again, this is all upon first glance and not knowing his personality!  

I also think it’s not as big of a deal to break the fourth wall as it once was.  I have a feeling they break the fourth wall all the time, and it just doesn’t make it to air.  For some reason the powers that be decided to let this breaking of the fourth wall become part of the show. I love when they break the fourth wall.  I wish they would just do it once and for all already, instead of Beau having to allude to this “great job” he has that he can’t talk about.  

And, like I posted upthread, I don’t think Jax was completely wrong that this is his show.  Everyone knows who Jax is.  He has more staying power than Stassi, who just ghosted the show for a long time.  The only other originals are Katie, Sandoval, Kristen and Scheana, and somehow Jax has managed to stay more relevant than each and every one of them.  How much do we talk about Jax on this board as opposed to the other cast members?  Everything we say is bad, but we’re talking about him, and that’s what Bravo wants!  

All Lisa provides is the scenery, and even that will be gone if she continues to chew it at this pace.  I think if Lisa decided to bow out of reality TV, no one would really even notice she was gone from this show, as opposed to RHBH, which is a different story.  If Jax left, it would be felt, good or bad, so I think there is more of an argument to be made that it’s Jax’s show than Lisa’s, even though the whole concept is ridiculous, given that it’s an ensemble show and I think everyone is replaceable.  Lisa is just a lot more replaceable than she’d probably like to think.    

• Love 6
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And even more disturbing about that shirt, was that she probably paid alot of money for it. Or maybe her mom bought it for her at Ross. I was totally "shooken" when I saw that shirt. The ugliest shooken shirt I've seen.

I don't get the impression that Brittany spends a lot of money on clothes. She may splash out once in a while for a special event, but isn't a shopper like Stassi or Lala.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't get the impression that Brittany spends a lot of money on clothes. She may splash out once in a while for a special event, but isn't a shopper like Stassi or Lala.

I agree - Brittany's everyday wardrobe seems very "Forever 21" to me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
50 minutes ago, politichick said:

Brittany is definitely the ultimate Kentucky basic bitch stereotype; amusingly enough, every time she’s onscreen and my husband happens to walk by the TV, he always asks without fail, “What’s that hayseed doing on there? She doesn’t fit in at all!” Like he *still* can’t believe she somehow got cast on this show despite being a smalltown thick hick—all the cheesy shit she wears, the god awful home decor, the dark spraytan and that trashy AF wedding castle venue didn’t help her cause.

I do love it that Brit’s finally being exposed onscreen for who she really is and is no longer able to play that selfless little Southern sweetheart card. She’s just as bitchy and manipulative as the rest of them. 

Speaking of bitchy, I cannot fathom how Katie still hasn’t figured out how to appropriately dress to suit her figure; she’s stuffed like sausage into that pink dress in her talking head. It’s very nice to see gals featured on this show who are above a size 4, but it’s sad when they attempt to dress like they wear a size 2.

I’m now beyond ambivalent over the Witches of WeHo drama; you play with dogs long enough, you’re gonna get fleas, Kristen. Just roll on and let Basic & Blob enjoy their own miserable company; go enjoy your new home, your new man and your little T-shirt empire.

Never thought I’d see the day that I’m over Basic & Bowtie, but I’m over Stassi, her ball-ridden fiancé, and her endless bougie attempts to act above the rest of this crew. Ditto LaLa the worthless cumguzzler and her Fred Flintstone fiancée; surely they have to realize they’re *only* valued by this sad bunch for comped dinners/PJ trips.

Justice for Scheana! I still don’t like her at all, but I don’t like to hear about a show deliberately trying to edit a cast member into someone they’re really not in real life either. Let’s see her real life triumphs shown just as much as her costars’; it’s not funny/clever to shade her anymore, show. 

The less I discuss the newbies, the better; what a bunch of pathetic thirst traps. Their dehydrated antics are so pointless. And yes, it’s creepy AF how they all look like each other. Typical Hollywood Basics.

I still like the Tom’s(I acknowledge that they’re simpering pussies, but at least they’ve made something of themselves), and I’m in shock that Amazing Ariana has grown on me. Even DJ James & Dimwit Raquel finally won me over(and I still snicker over him calling Brit “a hillbilly” in a fake southern accent at one reunion).

This was the lamest VR finale ever, btw. Hope you can join Vicki G in the “my show” weed garden, Jax. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
I forgot shit.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, glowbug said:

Oh James. He's so good about sounding sincere in his apologies and about his growth but then he once again slips up in his talking head segment. Where in AA or any recovery program do they advocate the view that "I'm just going to do my thing and if you can't accept I've changed then you can kiss my ass"? I've worked with a lot of people in recovery and am familiar with many different recovery programs and every single one of them has emphasized humility, and the people who are truly successful in their programs have a ton of it. He may or may not be drinking but I don't buy the personality makeover. He's getting the same edit they gave Jax last season. I'm pretty certain a lot of James' more unflattering segments were left on the cutting room floor.

With regards to "making amends", they teach that once you do what you can, you cannot force the other person to forgive you and need to accept that and move on.  Since he was speaking that way about his apology to Randall, I assumed he was saying what I just said in his own James way 😄 I am hopeful for him at this time!  And like someone else said - I hope that mom doesn't drag him down.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I feel like this show skirts around the weight issue.  When someone calls Katie fat, everyone rallies around her, but no one ever really talks about the pressure to be super thin in West Hollywood.  They dance around it, when I think there is a huge stigma about being Katie’s size in the entertainment industry.  I think that topic deserves to be explored and it’s a lot more interesting than whether Brett has feelings (versus interest) in Dana or who is next on the hit parade to get married.  I noticed in the picture, Brittany was posed in such an unlikely theatrical arch, that it appeared she was positively double jointed.  If she were any bigger, like Billie Lee, she probably would have been shoved in the back row.  

Probably because the women involved do not want to.  Katie and Pandora and Brittney all know when they gain weight, as we all do, and I doubt want it to be their "storyline".  I know my mom thinks she's doing a service to point out to everyone when they've gained weight (she thinks it "helps") and it took me decades to train her out of doing it with me, but she'll still do it to anyone who she thinks won't humiliate her in public for it.  Katie was all wrapped in her towel at the pool party last week, and this week looked like she'd packed on more weight than last - she knows it without being told or discussed.  If it were me I wouldn't want to talk about it.  And Pandora shows up once a season or so - not to be told how much weight she's gained since last season I am sure 😄 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I guess I was more wondering why she wasn’t in the picture.  I think if she looked like Lala or Raquel, she’d be there, front and center.  I have made no bones about it in the past that I find Pandora (what kind of name is that?) just as elitist and stuck up as her mom, and I find schadenfreude in the idea that she looks kind of like her father.  I think Max Todd is better than Pandora In pretty much every way that can be measured, and I like him, so it’s not like I have something against Lisa’s kids because I don’t like her.  I have just observed Pandora’s behavior very keenly in the past, and I think she’s a big snob.  

I wish Lisa “everyone is beautiful” Vanderbucks would either put a woman of size front and center in one of her promo shoots and put her money where her mouth is, or acknowledge that she and her husband are very aware that sex sells and they are going to cater to the Hollywood image.  Either would be fine with me.  Riding the fence is the only thing I don’t respect.  

Speaking of the photoshoot, notice, in addition to there being a Scheana lookalike, there was also a Stassi lookalike from Vegas that was seated on the same chair as Karrah for the photo?  She was like a doppelgänger.  It was unnerving.  

Yeah, I finally got that Ariana was talking about Stassi.  Last week I got confused and thought Ariana was saying it about Lala.  So I am saying, “ok Ariana, you called Stassi ‘Regina George’ for saying exactly what Lala is on camera having said.  How is Ariana going to approach Lala about this, if at all?“  I find everyone’s ass-kissing of Lala embarrassing, but especially for Tom and Ariana, who clearly want us to see them as neutral arbiters with a very well-honed sense of justice.  Except when it comes to Lala and her rich and connected fiancé.  Then everyone shuts their mouth, including Lisa.  

Ariana is positively scared of Lala.  When Lala flipped her shit at Billie’s brunch last season, Ariana had only the mildest rebuke for her, but as soon as Stassi allegedly says something about furniture, Ariana will read her for filth on camera.  So, if Ariana has any character whatsoever, she will certainly have the same thing to say to Lala as she said to Stassi, no?  I won’t hold my breath.  

Oh man, it’s going to be another virtual reunion?  I was really interested in seeing how they were going to fit all of those people on the stage!

The one thing I will say about Jax is that he is the only person on the entire cast who, without fail, every season, was the first person to be shown in the opening credits.  We all know him as Jax, and to know him is to hate him, but I think he has a look that women who don’t know him find appealing more so than the Toms.  I have heard many women say they love guys with light eyes and dark hair and skin.

I couldn’t care less if Jax was cut from the show, but from an objective perspective, I think he is more attractive than either of the Toms or Brax.  Those four are not as masculine looking and the camera doesn’t love them. I think if the show is looking to bring in women who are 40+ to watch the show, Jax has—OMG, I can’t believe I am going to write this—sex appeal that the others don’t have.  Again, this is all upon first glance and not knowing his personality!  

I also think it’s not as big of a deal to break the fourth wall as it once was.  I have a feeling they break the fourth wall all the time, and it just doesn’t make it to air.  For some reason the powers that be decided to let this breaking of the fourth wall become part of the show. I love when they break the fourth wall.  I wish they would just do it once and for all already, instead of Beau having to allude to this “great job” he has that he can’t talk about.  

And, like I posted upthread, I don’t think Jax was completely wrong that this is his show.  Everyone knows who Jax is.  He has more staying power than Stassi, who just ghosted the show for a long time.  The only other originals are Katie, Sandoval, Kristen and Scheana, and somehow Jax has managed to stay more relevant than each and every one of them.  How much do we talk about Jax on this board as opposed to the other cast members?  Everything we say is bad, but we’re talking about him, and that’s what Bravo wants!  

All Lisa provides is the scenery, and even that will be gone if she continues to chew it at this pace.  I think if Lisa decided to bow out of reality TV, no one would really even notice she was gone from this show, as opposed to RHBH, which is a different story.  If Jax left, it would be felt, good or bad, so I think there is more of an argument to be made that it’s Jax’s show than Lisa’s, even though the whole concept is ridiculous, given that it’s an ensemble show and I think everyone is replaceable.  Lisa is just a lot more replaceable than she’d probably like to think.    

I gotcha now 🙂 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, princelina said:

And Pandora shows up once a season or so - not to be told how much weight she's gained since last season I am sure

I doubt any of the cast members would dare to say something negative about VanderBucks kids, or Ken, or her dogs.

• Love 5