Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Unfriended

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Last season, the deal was that James was supporting his entire family—his parents and teenaged brothers.  Jacqueline would cry to Lisa that Lisa was James’s mother figure and she’d ask for his job back, and then she asked her for a job for her other son, and he seemed to work out just fine (and James was crying)

Excellent recap of James’ family situation!  Just want to insert here (for clarity to the poster who asked about it) that Lisa was friendly with James’ parents from before, which is how he got the job, and is why his mother felt comfortable begging Lisa for James to work there again.  Also when Jacqueline said that Lisa was James’ mother figure, Lisa said oh no YOU are his mother figure, not me.  Put her in her place! And it was really needed. 

• Love 7

Heaven help us all.  If Brittany and Jax get pregnant she will spend the whole time screeching "I'M HAVING A BABY" in her southern drawl and Jax will flip and flop between "I don't know how I am going to pay for this, she's so demanding, I don't know how I can handle this, she's driving me crazy"   and   "I can't believe we are having a baby, I'm going to be  a dad,I want to make my dad proud"    and on and on................................................

just a side note about the photo shoot and Jax's lack of a SUR shirt. You really mean to tell me he has been working there for who knows how many years and no one noticed he's never worn one of those shirts while behind the bar?    Peter?  Lisa?  Ken?  anyone?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Last season, the deal was that James was supporting his entire family—his parents and teenaged brothers.  Jacqueline would cry to Lisa that Lisa was James’s mother figure and she’d ask for his job back

Wow, @LibertarianSlut, thanks so much for that run-down! There's no way I would have gleaned the whole story from digging through old posts on the internet. Holy smokes, his family sounds absolutely godawful. I now have a better understanding of why so many people are rooting for him.

Hope he stays the course - he definitely appears happier and healthier this season.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow, the epic fall of Brit and Jax happened so fast and with such fury my head is spinning. Jax just got called out in quick succession by Ariana, Tom, AND Lisa. And with some finality, too. And Brittney has gone from Queen For Literally A Day to a simpering, pathetic, apologizer in less than a month. And she knows it. The nervous laughter, the tequila shooting at all hours, it's all right there. And she loves to talk about how "we've been through so much together" and "we've been through Hell and back..." No. He's PUT YOU THROUGH HELL and you take it because he's your meal ticket. Going through so much together usually means surviving cancer or your house burning down.

Sadly, I think him cheating will be the least of what they'll 'go through together'. I see mental illness, a job loss, and infertility in their not too distant future.

Edited by wheresmypizza
spelling
  • Love 13
On 5/20/2020 at 12:57 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s the editors’ show. 

Heh.

NOT STASSI

If I was in a fight with someone and they literally cited Kristen Cavallari slang circa Laguna Beach 2004 “Witches of WeHo...dunzo!” I would lose all respect for them and never be able to take them seriously.  If you can’t talk to me “for real “ you’re not worth a moment of my time 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

@LibertarianSlut

That was a great breakdown of the James storyline. I know James has been an ass, but I honestly never felt James got a fair shake. Katie was flat out horrifying to multiple people, as was/is Jax, and it just gets brushed off, but everyone went after James hard core.

Also, I agree that the reunion show with them all attacking him when it was brought up that he helps his family was straight up like Lord of the Flies disturbing. They ALL tried to justify their gang attack on another human being by making a false equivalency between themselves buying some fancy presents and a person literally giving thousands of dollars constantly to family members who would guilt him if he didn't have money to give them.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Jax is a first class a hole.  He is so busy trashing Sandoval and James, about what they've done, and he has done more than any of the others ......probably more than all of them put together.

My assessment is Jax got married, but he didn't really want to.  Or he was up for the party, but doesn't like really being tied down. I think his wife is in for a really rough time ahead.

I also cannot stand stasi. Who died and made her Queen? And Lisa feeds her ego.  Well Lisa will do what Lisa usually does, she befriends one person for a while and then turns on them.

I used to hate Kristen, but she is decent and going through some stuff, And those "very good girlfriends" are treating her like krapp.  At the booze grand opening, she was the only professional one out of the 3.

I am really glad James got sober.  I really like him now. The others should give him a break because they know he was drinking when he behaved badly.

People who shouldn't drink:

Jax, Schwartz, stasi, and Kristen.  They all have alcohol problems.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, wheresmypizza said:

Wow, the epic fall of Brit and Jax happened so fast and with such fury my head is spinning. Jax just got called out in quick succession by Ariana, Tom, AND Lisa. And with some finality, too. And Brittney has gone from Queen For Literally A Day to a simpering, pathetic, apologizer in less than a month. And she knows it. The nervous laughter, the tequila shooting at all hours, it's all right there. And she loves to talk about how "we've been through so much together" and "we've been through Hell and back..." No. He's PUT YOU THROUGH HELL and you take it because he's your meal ticket. Going through so much together usually means surviving cancer or your house burning down.

Sadly, I think him cheating will be the least of what they'll 'go through together'. I see mental illness, a job loss, and infertility in their not too distant future.

I hope he can't get her pregnant!  He should not have children. I don't think he's her meal ticket anymore if he ever  was. I think they like her and she would be on the show no matter what.  She seems to have sold her  soul to the devil. Jax  Showed what a loser he was, when he didn't respect his father's wishes. His mother did what his father wanted. Jax has no soul. The sooner Britt realizes that the better off she will be.  And I think he wants out of this marriage. He may cheat just to get out of it.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, Blondie said:

just a side note about the photo shoot and Jax's lack of a SUR shirt. You really mean to tell me he has been working there for who knows how many years and no one noticed he's never worn one of those shirts while behind the bar?    Peter?  Lisa?  Ken?  anyone?

To be fair, in the past, he wore nothing but a speedo in those previous photo shoots.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2020 at 12:35 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Brittany said she forgives easily, almost too easily.  Yes Brittany, you are just a beautiful, humble soul.  Sometimes when I am not paying attention, I mistake you for Mother Teresa. 

Okay, I know that I have low-to-zero tolerance for women married to shitheads who just keep going back for more because I was raised by such mother, but something about Brittany reminded me of Anna Dugger.  First of all, neither is as innocent as they make themselves out to be.  Like, at ALL.  Second, the sympathisers will talk about how these women didn't have a choice or a way out, but of course, that's absolute bullshit as well.  Brittany started making money at some point in the show and didn't need any financial support from Jax anymore, and every single person on the show would have supported her decision to permanently break up with Jax.  When all that Josh Dugger shit was happening, Anna's older brother told her that she and her children can all move in with him for as long as they needed to.  But she didn't.  And soon after, was pregnant with Baby #5.  So well done.

Something you will do For The Rest Of Your Life when you're married to a shithead is constant damage control.  My mother does it all the time and it's pathetic.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:35 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Kristen was so awesome in facing down Stassi and Katie.  I love how calm she was.  I love when Kristen shows growth.  Nice shade in calling Kristen the “cool, older one” in your TH, Stassi.  Stassi looks just as old as Kristen.  Every time she and Ariana have a birthday, I have to remind myself that Ariana isn’t five years younger than Stassi.  And Katie is just a miserable train wreck.  I wouldn’t even know how to put into words how much she bothers me. 

It occurred to me that the two cast members who look pretty much the same now, as they did on the pilot episode are Schwartz and Kristen.  Except for some different hairstyles, they don't look as haggard, bloated or drugged up as the other cast members.  Somehow they have retained most of their looks, despite the heavy drinking.  I still don't consider Kristen to be 'really good-looking', and probably never will, but I've always liked her body.

I've never forgiven Stassi for saying how Scheana was so below her in terms of class, because who tf talks like that and how pathetic I thought she was for saying that she was a descendant of a Swedish princess.  Uh, any royal member is a public servant.  They work for US.  So, unless you're ready to spend the rest of your life doing charity work and keep ALL of your private opinions to yourself, you obviously don't have what it takes to be a princess.  I'm probably more Swedish than she is, and I'm an Aussie who was born in Asia.  At least I know some phrases and cultural points regarding Sweden, which is more than she can say for herself.  Being blonde doesn't make you Swedish, Stassi.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:43 PM, Thumper said:

I just can’t with Jax.  He has an inflated sense of self.  He looks sweaty.  I missed his statement about it being “his” show!  That’s rich.  What a snot that he thought he could wear what he wanted for the staff photo shoot.  Most of all, is he not aware that he needs some serious mental health help?

Yes.  In prison.

I can't believe that the series ended without the launch of his sweater line!!!!  And his fitness videos!!!!  Boooo!!!

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 3:38 AM, princelina said:

I know my mom thinks she's doing a service to point out to everyone when they've gained weight (she thinks it "helps") and it took me decades to train her out of doing it with me

Koreans are generally like that too.  They're not particularly subtle about making comments about your appearance and if you've gained weight, they will definitely let you know.  I mean, it's not to be nasty and they think that they're helping, but it's still not something a person wants to hear, especially if they're aware of the weight gain and doing something about it.  Believe it or not, it actually takes some time to lose weight, so stop asking everyday!!

On 5/24/2020 at 6:57 AM, Cheezwiz said:

I work in an educational setting with young people too - if anyone comes at me with that line, I respond with "yeah, I'm old, and you will be one day too and it will happen far, far faster than you think". They might not think much of  it in the moment, but they will later on, 'cause it's true!

My response is "You're most certainly going to get old too, someday and if I'm not dead, I'm going to rub it in your equally-wrinkled faces!!!"

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Koreans are generally like that too.  They're not particularly subtle about making comments about your appearance and if you've gained weight, they will definitely let you know.  I mean, it's not to be nasty and they think that they're helping, but it's still not something a person wants to hear, especially if they're aware of the weight gain and doing something about it.  Believe it or not, it actually takes some time to lose weight, so stop asking everyday!!

My response is "You're most certainly going to get old too, someday and if I'm not dead, I'm going to rub it in your equally-wrinkled faces!!!"

Whether or not we are doing something about it - we're all aware of the weight gain!!!  I know that in other cultures (in my case, Central American and in your case Korean) it's not considered horribly rude to mention such things, but in America it is!!! It is!!! We all know when we're getting fat and none of us wants it!!! Shut up shut up shut up about it already!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Who uses a word like 'thrive'?  Your greasy, man-bun wanker ex-boyfriend, Stassi.  She's said many times on the show that she's a classy girl and still has her dignity, but I do not think it means what she thinks it means.  How could you be on a show like this and believe that you have retained your dignity?  That's right, you can't.

I understand how annoying it is to have a friend who goes back and forth with her boyfriend and how exhausting that could be, but Kristen is not some friend they've known for 3 months and can just walk away from.  She's done nasty shit throughout their friendship, but WHO TF on the show hasn't???  She was there for Katie and Stassi more than they have been there for Kristen.  I've never been a fan of Kristen, but I'm on her side on this one.  The difference between them is that Kristen was there for Katie and Stassi even when she had shit going on in her life and even when it was inconvenient for her, and made time to be there for them.  Katie and Stassi on the other hand, were only around when they felt like it or had something to gain.  THEY are the fairweather friends, not Kristen.

• Love 6