Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: First Impressions, True Confessions

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Is this secret code in case (hushed whisper) they’re following you? 

LOL. Too funny. I deleted it upthread and have no idea how it even got posted. I was in the middle of posting, then when I hit submit I saw you had quoted me and wondered how that had happened when I hadn't yet posted. 

I wonder if I should try to contact Aaron to see how this could have happened. He seems=

He seems to be up on conspiracy theories.....

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Oh sure Rinna wants to play “first impressions.”  Ugh. Oh, now see it’s going to be complimentary.

I like Dorit’s blunt cut and I can’t believe I’m saying something positive about her.  lol

I feel bad for Teddi,  but agree that perhaps she is too open and vulnerable for this show.

• Love 8

That dinner party game, or whatever TF it was, was nauseating. Sutton is a straight up snobby bitch. Place cards. There are more important things in life than making a big deal about place cards. Just sit your ass down and shut up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
36 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Denise looked physicality uncomfortable at the dinner table. Do they only get paid for each appearance or what? She probably should have stayed home in bed and recuperated a bit longer.  And then to top it off her husband went all weird.  Should’ve stayed home, but maybe needed the money?

They’re going to have to come up with another puppygate or maybe they’re relying on Denise-gate to bring in ratings cuz it was dull y’all.

Where had Kyle been? Getting her face changed? I don’t keep up.

Off topic... years and years ago I paid good money to see Melanie Griffith in Chicago on Broadway.  😳 it was amateur.

Too bad that Dr. Aaron wasn't able to cure Denise.  Maybe she should imbibe in whatever it was that Dr. Mauricio was taking - he was definitely feeling no pain!!  

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

In the words of Jane Austen, Sutton is "above her company." We get it. You're the richest person in the room. It's one of two things we know about you. The other is that you're so afraid that's all you bring to the table that you spend every on-camera moment turning your nose up at someone or something. And whatever you paid for that dress was too much.

I cut Mauricio some slack - if he's been in sole charge of house and kids for 2 months, he's entitled to let loose.

Teddi, she's not worth it. Dorit and Kyle may view this differently when they see Sutton digging in for the third time.

I'm actually concerned that Denise survived Charlie only to be gaslighted by this guy. Hint: if you had the magic powers, "they" wouldn't try to kill you; "they"'d put you on a generous payroll exclusively to cure their and their friends and families' cancer. 

Given that they have a special needs child I'm leery of how that reconciles with the magical thinking. I hope he's not practicing whatever he practices on her.

I'll go out on a limb and hazard a guess that the magic in some way involves an herb or mushroom or two. The kind that make you paranoid. That make you think people are following you or that going to court in a custody case is something that you must.not.consider.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

That dinner party game, or whatever TF it was, was nauseating. Sutton is a straight up snobby bitch. Place cards. There are more important things in life than making a big deal about place cards. Just sit your ass down and shut up. 

I feel like Sutton was expecting to be placed in a "seat of honor".  I think that when someone has a "fancy" dinner party, especially if it is in honor of someone really important, the guest of honor is usually seated next to the hostess (maybe to the right - I forget).  So, Sutton, being full of self-importance, thought that she should be seated to the right of Kyle, instead of, (gasp) just sitting willy-nilly, next to (double gasp), "boring" Teddy.  Which was also something that Sutton did not want.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bosawks said:

Ahhhh, this is why Aaron doesn’t talk much.

He should continue to go with that.

Oh my this moment was insane.  I couldn't believe they promo'd Teddi's reaction to Sutton when they had the paranoia twins at the table.  It amuses me when people think that sharing their out there theories is considered such a threat to conglomerates.  No big pharma isn't afraid of you, Aaron.  They might be afraid of internal whistle blowers.  Or lawsuits. Or government audits.  But energy healing?  Yeah. No. 

Denise seemed so down to earth last season but now I wonder if that was an editing choice because they showed a side to both her and Aaron that was hidden last year for the most part. 

2 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

The issue here is not "boring". The issue was Sutton mentioned her pregnancy as a negative when Teddi has discussed of many occasions the struggle that she and her husband went through for her to get pregnant with all three children. Sutton is not great. 

Yep.  And she said as much on Watch What Happens Live tonight.

55 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I think after tonight I finally got it. This is a work event for her (day job, not reality show job) and as she said it’s important to her. But I think the producers are requiring that it become a HW event so she’s caught in a bind. She has to fulfill her requirement to her contract with the show, but she knows that having the wives at her event will mean shouting and chaos and that will ruin what she’s wanting as an outcome.

So she asked them because her storyline on the show requires it, but she really doesn’t want them there to make a mess.

Yep.  And it sounds like this event is something people might pay to attend expecting positive vibes and encouragement.  Having people making fun or not into the situation can be such a buzzkill which I think she wants to avoid. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Oh of course, big pharma and bid medicine are so scared of him they’re following him around.

Ha! It reminded me of my younger days: chatting with a handsome man at a party, thinking that he's cool...then, with one sentence, he lets you know that he's batshit crazy.

1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

Are Denise and Aaron in a folie a deux?

More like deux débiles amoureux

• Love 11

Aaron is totally whacked lol. I had to cover my eyes when he kept going on at the table I hit 2nd hand embarrassment. No one gives a fuck about you Aaron. His comment about doing something for NASA last episode made me laugh. The guy is just in his own delusional world. I think Denise is just dumb and believes him.  

Aaron almost sounded like he has a fake accent going on when he kept blathering on and on too.

Mauricio cracks me up. IDC if he’s high. 

I felt bad for Teddi. She’s not one of my faves but I font think her invite is that bad. Who cares. It’s obv she knows none of them really care about her business.

Sutton sucks. She’s a snob and I still dont get where she gets all her money from. Her house was pretty meh to me too. For someone so rich and supposedly fashion forward her house was  nothing special to me.

Still liking Erika this season.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I watch this with my husband (bless his heart) and he asked if Sutton is going to be “the Camille” and I thought about it and I said, “that is an apt comparison!”

They're both playing the role of the villain but Camille has a different technique in that she will play nice to someone's face and back stab, while Sutton is all about putting both of her feet in her mouth.  Camille is really good at the housewives' game.  It's too bad Sutton didn't seek her out for some pointers.  

I wish the editing monkeys were showing clips of Erika's designer name-dropping from her early seasons when she mocks Sutton for talking about couture or ready-to-wear.  That was one of the things that really annoyed me about Erika when she started.  

Has Rinna ever ass-kissed another housewife as much as she's kissing Sutton's?  I don't remember ever seeing this side of her before.

Teddi's son asking why the new baby is a girl was funny.  Faye's facial expressions when the dinner party game got awkward made me chuckle, too.  

It's odd the Sutton is getting so much airtime and she didn't get a diamond.  I don't recall that ever happening with a first season "Friend of" housewife.  Usually only happens with a full housewife who got demoted. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's odd the Sutton is getting so much airtime and she didn't get a diamond.  I don't recall that ever happening with a first season "Friend of" housewife.  Usually only happens with a full housewife who got demoted. 

Apparently Sutton was supposed to have a diamond but it had something to do with her ex-husband refusing to let the kids on camera or something like that so she got downgraded to "friend of". There's a shot of her posing for either the opening credits or the nameplate floating around somewhere. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Marley said:

I felt bad for Teddi. She’s not one of my faves but I font think her invite is that bad. Who cares. It’s obv she knows none of them really care about her business.

I don't get why none of them (including Teddi) have offered the "I don't care if you come or not" = "my feelings won't be hurt if you sit this one out" explanation. So she said it wrong. Good grief.

Placecards -gate reminded me of whoever it was on one of the franchises that got huffy because her wine wasn't served in a wine glass.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, kassa said:

Placecards -gate reminded me of whoever it was on one of the franchises that got huffy because her wine wasn't served in a wine glass.

That was Dorito here in BH. The housewives shows have taught me two things:

money can't buy you class,

and anyone who would agree to be on one of these shows is sure to have no class

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

I no miss manner but that dinner party did not look fun at all. I miss the old RHOBH with Yoyo's dinner parties. They seemed so elegant!

And RE: The previews. Why would Lisa Rinna bring up Kim to Kyle?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There's a shot of her posing for either the opening credits or the nameplate floating around somewhere. 

Yes, I saw that she posted her Housewife picture on Insta the same day that Bravo released the official pic of the Housewives with their diamonds.  It made me feel kinda bad for her, and it reminds me of a comment she dropped tonight about wanting the place cards because she was worried she might be sitting at a table by herself.  I can see why viewers are immediately taking a dislike to her but I think she's motivated more by insecurities than maliciousness.  

23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That "Oh, guys, she's going to cry!" wasn't a warning to the other women to stop piling on Teddi - it was meant to make the tears come. It's like Mean Girling 101 and it was masterful and I'm here for it. 

I haven't seen Garcelle from that point of view but thanks for the eye-opener.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I haven't seen Garcelle from that point of view but thanks for the eye-opener.  

It's like telling someone who's really angry that they should calm down - it just makes them even angrier. 

If you go back an episode, Garcelle's expressions at Sutton's opening event when the Teddi text comes up says a lot about what she thinks of the "I don't care" situation. Garcelle didn't want to go anyway but like Sutton was trying to clumsily explain, you don't want to be told that you're not wanted - even if you're turning down an invite. I don't think Garcelle has a problem with Teddi (yet) but IMO she took a subtle shot there in retaliation. Garcelle said the "Oh, guys, she's gonna cry!" loud enough that everyone at the table could hear and it just brought the attention onto Teddi that much more which, of course, is going to embarrass her and bring the tears forward. 

Whether my read is right or not, it definitely made me more interested in Garcelle (I already liked her energy from the first episode) and I'm definitely going to be watching her scenes more closely now. By the end of the season, I hope to have a four page PDF compilation of Garcelle's Subtle Moves. Sutton will come at your face but you need to look behind you for Garcelle sneaking in when you least expect it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

Denise should keep Aaron quiet.  Not because his talking is going to get them followed, but because he sounds nuts.  I don't enjoy having someone tell me that I may think I know something about whatever, but only they know the real truth.

I have mixed feelings about Sutton.  I like the sound of her voice, but I don't like most of what she says.  I agree with an earlier poster who said she must have thought she would have the place of honor next to Kyle.

Mauricio seems to be high a lot.

Kyle's dinner party earrings were ugly and distracting.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I mean, Mauricio is high but still making more sense than Aaron.

I thought Aaron seemed higher than Mauricio!  Has he always been such a slow talker?

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I thought everyone looked really nice at the party, just really fashion-forward and interesting to look at.  Even if some of it missed the mark, nobody was plain, and I appreciate that visual stimulation.  Dorit and Garcelle slayed.  Erika, don’t look now, but you’re talking about couture, which just isn’t done darling, it simply isn’t done, or so I thought.

I'll give you interesting to look at, but I think "really nice" may be a step too far 😄 

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Denise looked physicality uncomfortable at the dinner table. Do they only get paid for each appearance or what? She probably should have stayed home in bed and recuperated a bit longer.  And then to top it off her husband went all weird.  Should’ve stayed home, but maybe needed the money?

Should've worn flats.

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I feel like Sutton was expecting to be placed in a "seat of honor".  I think that when someone has a "fancy" dinner party, especially if it is in honor of someone really important, the guest of honor is usually seated next to the hostess (maybe to the right - I forget).  So, Sutton, being full of self-importance, thought that she should be seated to the right of Kyle, instead of, (gasp) just sitting willy-nilly, next to (double gasp), "boring" Teddy.  Which was also something that Sutton did not want.

She's an ass.  I agree with the previous poster who said she's insecure. What she should have done - talk to someone, walk in with them and then sit next to them - I'm socially awkward and that's a no-brainer.  But people being moved around to seat her next to Teddi smells like producer shenanigans to me.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Whether my read is right or not, it definitely made me more interested in Garcelle (I already liked her energy from the first episode) and I'm definitely going to be watching her scenes more closely now. By the end of the season, I hope to have a four page PDF compilation of Garcelle's Subtle Moves. Sutton will come at your face but you need to look behind you for Garcelle sneaking in when you least expect it. 

Sutton's game is good for immediate dramatic payoff but if you're right about Garcelle it will be interesting to see how she plays the long game.  

I think why I always admired LVP was because her technique was more like psychological warfare, and it was fascinating to watch various housewives fall for it like moths to a flame.  

• Love 6

Ok, I've watched this show since day 1 and I have a question.

So, I agree Kim Richards is/was a drunken mess.  We have seen plenty of evidence on film and she has even copped to some of it.  Up to the point of "I hid alcohol in my coffee cup at the airport."

Fine.  And Kyle vilified her for it and told her how she had destroyed their entire family for years. On camera.

Nowadays, Mauricio is stoned and drunk on camera numerous times.  Kyle has mentioned it at least twice, and tonight she is bombed on fireball and doing her embarrassing splits. 

Kyle and Mauricio are hilarious zany drunk stoned characters!  So amusing!  Har har!

Kim is a drunk and shameful. Pity her. She is Kyle's mess to clean up and look after.

Okey Dokey, Kyle.

Edited by Medium
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, RHofOZ said:

This dinner party game Rinna started reminded me of the game the ladies played last season when they went on a trip to The Bahamas.

I believe it was at breakfast & Rinna started a game where the ladies told each other a truth about something.  LVP ended up saying she was upset with Erika for just sending flowers & not calling when her brother died.  Leading them all to attack LVP.  All masterminded by Rinna, same thing as this ‘game’.  

People were so quick to call LVP out about manipulating situations.  Rinna is doing exactly the same thing & no one says a word.

Yes they do. It's been mentioned more than once tonight alone. LVP is no victim and there are a lot of people, on this board who dislike LR in a huge way.

The difference is that LVP was smarter about her digs. I think that's what infuriated the other women so much, now LR is the smartest one at the table, god help us.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I guess, for some reason, Kyle has decided to try to make calling Mauricio “love bean” a thing.  As far as I can remember, she has never called him that in the last 76 seasons she’s been on this show and now she’s called him that at least twice this season.

LOL I think it's wonderful that Kyle and Mauricio have been married so many years and still loving towards each other, but things like "love bean" and the straddle last season make me cringe. I have a friend who has a similar nickname for her husband and puts lovey dovey posts about him on social media. Everyone says she's extra because she really wants people to believe their relationship is something it's not. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Aaron's paranoid blabbering slightly reminded me of some random Karen's facebook rant I made the mistake of reading where she bragged about how she refused to give business to a grocery store because they told her she'd have to wear a face mask and she talked about how her daughter who was breastfed until she was 7 years old is made up of bacteria and never washes her hands and how it's not her problem that some people have immuno-compromised children.

Same brand of cuckoo. 

Honestly, if I had to hang around these people, I'd be "partaking" like Mauricio like 24/7. 

Sutton is boring. What would she be without her ex-husband's money and ugly fashion? 

Lisa Rinna's the kind of person who'd exploit her daughters' mental issues and then make it all about her if her daughter seriously hurt herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

think after tonight I finally got it. This is a work event for her (day job, not reality show job) and as she said it’s important to her. But I think the producers are requiring that it become a HW event so she’s caught in a bind. She has to fulfill her requirement to her contract with the show, but she knows that having the wives at her event will mean shouting and chaos and that will ruin what she’s wanting as an outcome.

Given the entire reason she has enough people to come to her stupid event is because she is in the show I found it really disingenuous. The reason a lot of people are coming is because it was going to be a filmed event. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Rahul said:

Kyle: My daughter asked "what is this dinner party for?"

Me: To cement your place as Queen Bee, in LVP's absence

Yes!  That's all I could think about during the party scenes.  She wanted to imprint this so badly that she had this dinner party immediately upon returning home from an extended work trip.  Smells of desperation...

• Love 10

The thing I don't get about Sutton being so annoyed at not having assigned seating, was that she came with her boyfriend. It wasn't like she didn't have a significant other to sit beside. I almost smell producer shenanigans, since she ended up sitting beside "boring" Teddi, and not even with her boyfriend.

Not sure what a stellar job Mauricio did looking after the one child he was in charge of, considering the kid was late for school several times. I think Kyle's love bean may actually be a "love been", as I don't see the connection between these two that I have in the past. Mauricio seems bored and disconnected. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dinner Party Fashion Police:

Lisa Rinna:  No!  Despite her penchant for wearing all things animal print, this was just too much, from the bell bottoms to the all over stripe.

Sutton:  After seeing her in various horrible couture designs, nothing seems as bad as those.  I give her a pass on her rhinestoned billboard.

Garcelle:  You seem great and have made some wonderful fashion choices, but not this time.  The ballerina skirt was too-too.

Dorit and Kyle: made appropriate fashion choices for upcoming erotic dancing and rolling around on the floor.

• LOL 4

Did anyone get to see Erika’s performance in “Chicago”. Without auto tune her voice is mediocre at best but it seems that “Chicago” does a lot of ‘stunt casting”,I think. Wasn’t Kandi Burruss going to be init and do I recall Nene Leakes as well? I guess that get bodies in the seats. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Well, Denise sure  knows how to pick 'em!   Can't even imagine his take on Coronavirus.  (And if people are "following you" and you're implying you are in danger, well, how about NOT going on a reality show and drawing even more attention to yourself?  (I''m sure the pharmacy companies are quaking in their boots now that Aaron is "exposing"  them.)

The new girl with the name cards? Shades of Dorit with the incorrect wine glasses!

But...always good to see Kyle's dogs. 

Edited by mwell345
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Sutton is a witch and needs her bangs trimmed. An invite to the Met Ball doesn’t mean you’re classy or elegant. I did like her cat, Prints. We never see cats, RHs all have dogs. 

Right??  I mean, doesn’t Kim Kardashian always show up in some  skin-tight ensemble?

2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Did anyone get to see Erika’s performance in “Chicago”. Without auto tune her voice is mediocre at best but it seems that “Chicago” does a lot of ‘stunt casting”,I think. Wasn’t Kandi Burruss going to be init and do I recall Nene Leakes as well? I guess that get bodies in the seats.

At least Kandi knows how to sing.  Erika is... not good.  Can live mikes be auto-tuned?

Another reason to dislike Sutton - she is actually making me like Teddi.

• Love 5

Teddi Teddi Teddi.... if you invited me to something with the added “I don’t care if you come or not” I’d be offended too. I’d be thinking it’s either a non-invite, you didn’t really mean it, you don’t really want me/us there OR you are soooo insecure that you don’t think anyone is going to want to come so you say that beforehand to protect yourself from the hurt of no one showing up. In that last scenario you get to self talk that it doesn’t matter that no one came. Teddi is wound up soooooo tight I find her painful to watch.

I still miss Pinky ::sigh:: ...mostly now for her wit. This lot we are left with are dim bulbs.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Axie said:

I guess, for some reason, Kyle has decided to try to make calling Mauricio “love bean” a thing.  As far as I can remember, she has never called him that in the last 76 seasons she’s been on this show and now she’s called him that at least twice this season.

Maybe Mauricio told her he couldn’t deal with her “girlfriends” anymore unless he was stoned, and she’s calling him “love bean” as punishment. Hee-hee.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Maybe Mauricio told her he couldn’t deal with her “girlfriends” anymore unless he was stoned, and she’s calling him “love bean” as punishment. Hee-hee.

Better then the Horrible my love that Dorit uses or that the shahs use on their show UGH I wanna rip my ears off every time they say it 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3