Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: First Impressions, True Confessions

• Start Topic

I may be in the minority, but I don't get what was so rude about what Sutten said to Teddi.  I mean, Rinna and Kyle started the game and I am sure that it was with the knowledge that some shit was going to get stirred.  When Sutten told Teddi that she thought she was going to be boring and then basically that she was going to be boring AND pregnant, honestly, that is something that would have probably come out of my mouth too.  She did say that she was wrong and she likes Teddi so I don't get the big deal.

As far as the place cards, I got the feeling that even though Sutten sits on the board of several different things, I bet that she still is socially awkward and is uncomfortable around people that she doesn't know well and the place cards are something that would have taken the stress off of her on choosing where to sit.  That is my take on it anyway.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, NewGranny said:

l.

As far as the place cards, I got the feeling that even though Sutten sits on the board of several different things, I bet that she still is socially awkward and is uncomfortable around people that she doesn't know well and the place cards are something that would have taken the stress off of her on choosing where to sit.  That is my take on it anyway.

I am very socially awkward  I hate groups and tend to want to crawl inside myself and disappear when I am around groups of people I don't know and def feel uncomfortable in large social settings and even I wouldn't stand at the head of a table when everyone was sitting and Loudly state I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN Seat me NOW  ... when you are uncomfortable you don't bring MORE attention to yourself ... She knew from the beginning of the party it was seat yourself and she stood and waited for everyone to sit down to make a fuss....She didn't attempt to sit down herself .... She did it on purpose... she wasn't uncomfortable she was just being a bitch .... Just my opinion

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10

I had a couple thoughts about the dinner game:

1.  It was totally producer- driven.  I'm sure the producers not only came up with the concept, but intentionally had Sutton next to Teddi so she could zap her but good, since they were already having a "conflict."

2.  The game was supposed to be: tell someone your first impression and then what you thought after getting to know them.  As much as I detest Sutton (though she is probably good for the show), she was the only housewife who followed did that.  Everyone else just gave a compliment.  I believe the whole game was designed to get to Sutton and Teddi as fast as possible so there could be major drama.

3.  I agree with another poster who stated that during a dinner party, all the guests should be included in conversation.  Leaving the guys out of the game is another indicator that the production team had another agenda.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to even get into any of it this season due to no Vanderpump, but I caved and watched all three episodes last night. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'm all about Sutton.

Is she tasteless and classless and rude? Totally.

Is she exactly what these bitches deserve?!? 

ABSOLUTELY SHE IS. 

She’s like Jennifer on RHONJ who I can’t stand but she makes for good TV.

11 hours ago, NewGranny said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't get what was so rude about what Sutten said to Teddi.

I’m with you she was honest but then said really nice things about Teddi - and I’m not a Sutton fan.

The others were full of crap - “my first impression was that you are beautiful and the most amazing person on the planet, yada, yada, yada...”

I have a feeling that “being boring” is a big trigger for Teddy, so those words, combined with pregnancy hormones affected her - especially after everyone else said stupid, dishonest things before it was Sutton’s turn.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m with you she was honest but then said really nice things about Teddi - and I’m not a Sutton fan.

The others were full of crap - “my first impression was that you are beautiful and the most amazing person on the planet, yada, yada, yada...”

I have a feeling that “being boring” is a big trigger for Teddy, so those words, combined with pregnancy hormones affected her - especially after everyone else said stupid, dishonest things before it was Sutton’s turn.

Mauricio calling the girls out was too funny. 

Teddi denied that boring got her emotional, but I wondered the same thing. Even without the pregnancy hormones, Teddi seems quite sensitive. I'm somewhat sensitive too, and I'm sure at a certain point my feelings would get hurt if I got the same critique from a bunch of people. Teddi's been called boring by everyone from Twitter trolls to Meghan McCain. The friends I have who watch the show also find her boring. I don't think she's boring in the sense of being dull and having no personality. She seems like a fun person even if she's a control freak, and she's not afraid to engage in the drama to carry story along. There are lot of cool aspects about her life. It's just that with these shows people like watching the women who are over the top, may have glam squids, behave outrageously, share painful, dark parts of their lives, perhaps have a cool accent. In many ways, Teddi is a pretty normal All-American chick who happens to have a rock star dad. I hope she doesn't take it to heart that people may not enjoy watching her as much as some of the other cast members. I know I'd much prefer her company IRL to most of the others!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Teddi denied that boring got her emotional, but I wondered the same thing. Even without the pregnancy hormones, Teddi seems quite sensitive. I'm somewhat sensitive too, and I'm sure at a certain point my feelings would get hurt if I got the same critique from a bunch of people. Teddi's been called boring by everyone from Twitter trolls to Meghan McCain. The friends I have who watch the show also find her boring. I don't think she's boring in the sense of being dull and having no personality. She seems like a fun person even if she's a control freak, and she's not afraid to engage in the drama to carry story along. There are lot of cool aspects about her life. It's just that with these shows people like watching the women who are over the top, may have glam squids, behave outrageously, share painful, dark parts of their lives, perhaps have a cool accent. In many ways, Teddi is a pretty normal All-American chick who happens to have a rock star dad. I hope she doesn't take it to heart that people may not enjoy watching her as much as some of the other cast members. I know I'd much prefer her company IRL to most of the others!

Well-said regarding Teddy. In this cast, she is a plain Jane not in looks (I think she is very pretty) but in personality. She’s not loud and over the top and shi shi shi enough. In other words, she’s not enough of a crazy bitch. She should take the fact that she doesn’t fit in with this group as a compliment. Sutton fits like a hideous couture glove and she’s awful. 

Teddy should move to Newport and join the OC cast and just blow those bitches out of the water. She would come across as positively royal in that cast. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
Typos are annoying
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I hope you don’t edit this typo, because I LOVE the idea of glam squids 🦑💎

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

Well-said regarding Teddy. In this cast, she is a plain Jane not in looks (I think she is very pretty) but in personality. She’s not loud and over the top and shi shi shi enough. In other words, she’s not enough of a crazy bitch. She should take the fact that she doesn’t fit in with this group as a compliment. Sutton fits like a hideous couture glove and she’s awful. 

Teddy should move to Newport and join the OC cast and just blow those bitches out of the water. She would come across as positively royal in that cast. 

Yeah, I think Teddi should be flattered! lol 

15 minutes ago, link417 said:

I hope you don’t edit this typo, because I LOVE the idea of glam squids 🦑💎

😂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

I totally agree and have felt she should be in the OC cast from the beginning. While I’m not fond of her with the BH cast, she would shine in the OC. Ymmv.

• Love 4
On 5/1/2020 at 12:15 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

OH MY GOD. 

So... Kyle looks like she has not eaten in a Very Long Time. All of the attention on her w/the parties and the shows speaks to one thing- she has busted her ass getting in shape for this season and everyone is going to see it. She is thinner than usual and that is not easy on TV on a small frame.

Thin Kyle, high Mauricio, and no shirt Mauricio and far away down the table Maurcio from his wife Mauricio = Kyle & Mauricio are having problems. Just my opinion. 

Fucking PK on his PHONE in the pool doing nothing & then Dorit GLOMMING onto Sutton. Oh my. I did like the hand holder goth clutches tho. Sutton is mean. 

Is it bad to think out loud that now Denise isn't getting sex on the daily post operatively in that much pain? Asking for a friend. Yeah.

I don't miss LVP a bit. 

Lol .. Thin Kyle, high Mauricio, cheating Mauricio.   First thing I thought about when Denise had the operation.  No more sex everyday.  Plus, now I saw what she saw in Aaron .. he’s a loon too.  I couldn’t figure it out for a minute there why they married.  They are both on the same planet, wherever that is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think Sutton's comment about Teddi being pregnant is what pushed her over the edge, not just the boring comment but boring and pregnant?

Teddi on the OC would be interesting, if only to see how she would have interacted with the women there.

I LOVE the idea of glam squids 🦑💎

gif-squid-bioluminisence-2.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 4/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Off topic... years and years ago I paid good money to see Melanie Griffith in Chicago on Broadway.  😳

Me too! 😳Wasted money.

It reminded me of the time I went to a production of Annie at a home for unwed mothers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Who's following Denise & Aaron???  For some reason I just got a Scientologist vibe... 

Well some kind of bizarre vibe anyway -- good gawd what was that claptrap Aaron was going on about??  Concerned they're being followed because this discovery is such a threat to whom?  Both seemed a bit off their rocker.  

And I was thinking if all this stuff he has Denise using is so amazingly effective, how come in the following episode she's still in such delicate shape the same as anyone else after abdominal surgery?

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3

Garcelle  bought me back, nice edition.

Weird not seeing LVP, Rinna  is still messy AF.

Rinna and Denise are married to men who are ex-hubby's of Nicolette Sheiridan.  Both also allegedly were bangin Patrick Muldoon at the same

time back in the 90's.

Aaron need not ever speak again this season. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 10:31 PM, Medium said:

Ok, I've watched this show since day 1 and I have a question.

So, I agree Kim Richards is/was a drunken mess.  We have seen plenty of evidence on film and she has even copped to some of it.  Up to the point of "I hid alcohol in my coffee cup at the airport."

Fine.  And Kyle vilified her for it and told her how she had destroyed their entire family for years. On camera.

Nowadays, Mauricio is stoned and drunk on camera numerous times.  Kyle has mentioned it at least twice, and tonight she is bombed on fireball and doing her embarrassing splits. 

Kyle and Mauricio are hilarious zany drunk stoned characters!  So amusing!  Har har!

Kim is a drunk and shameful. Pity her. She is Kyle's mess to clean up and look after.

Okey Dokey, Kyle.

It's hardly a fair comparison.  Kim is drinking her life into the toilet with nothing to show for the money she made all those years, while Kyle and Mauricio get up and work every day to afford all of what we see them enjoying.  So they like to party.  They did a good job raising their 3 of their 4 daughters to adulthood with their heads on straight and they can afford to live well. 

I don't hear about Mauricio or Kyle getting wasted and missing appointments, not showing up for commitments or getting into drunken screaming matches.  There's a difference between scratching your ass and tearing yourself to pieces.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 4/30/2020 at 8:36 AM, Thumper said:

Rinna’s zebra outfit was very “look at me” ... and too much.

Someone upthread said what Teddi probably meant was “you won’t hurt my feelings if you don’t come to my event.”  I agree.  She just worded it badly and these women took off with it.

The zebra pantsuit didn't even fit Rinna -- the pants were just too damn big on her and miles too long.  Those huge bell bottoms went out with 1972.

Teddi clings so hard to her perception of herself as "direct", but she needs to learn the definition of the word tact.  It doesn't mean "fake".  Seems like she never even considers thinking about the feelings of the person she's talking to.  Her feelings about any particular thing are the only correct ones.  And she'll cry if you disagree with that.

• Love 8